PDA

View Full Version : Liverpool consider 14million move - Giampaolo Pazzini

liverjackpool
26-8-10, 10:04
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/transfer-gossip/liverpool-consider-14million-move

Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson is hoping to secure funds to make an ambitious move for Sampdoria striker Giampaolo Pazzini as he looks to beef up the club's attacking options.

Having seen his Italian side crash out of the Champions League, the Italian international may well be interested in a move to the Premier League.

The 26-year-old former Fiorentina man has sprung to prominence after netting 19 Serie A goals last term which helped him earn a place in Marcello Lippi's World Cup squad.

A move for the striker wouldn't come cheap with the player valued at around 14million, but he could potentially work out well as a foil for Fernando Torres and is a player that many of Europe's elite have been monitoring over the past 18 months.

Hodgson will hope that money made from the sales of Yossi Benayoun and Albert Riera, as well as the expected exit of Javier Mascherano, would lead to the Anfield boss having some funds to reinvest in his Liverpool squad.

Would be a decent option, better than C.cole, looks like the Tiovenen deal is off then

Fowi
26-8-10, 10:05
Not sure he wants to be the 2nd guy at Liverpool. He's the best striker in Italy at the moment and in fairness can do better.

Simon1990
26-8-10, 10:07
Was Pazzini the player at the WC that scored that great lofted goal for Italy?

The Parish
26-8-10, 10:09
Was Pazzini the player at the WC that scored that great lofted goal for Italy?

Quagliarella.

HeadgarDavids
26-8-10, 10:11
Quagliarella.

Giggety

SuperSpeedy
26-8-10, 10:16
No more Italians

Dilinja
26-8-10, 10:19
Giggety

No Giggety, no doubt...

Em-inLeam
26-8-10, 10:20
No Giggety, no doubt...

I like the way you work it

Em-inLeam
26-8-10, 10:21
No more Italians

Racist.

liverjackpool
26-8-10, 10:35
Not sure he wants to be the 2nd guy at Liverpool. He's the best striker in Italy at the moment and in fairness can do better.

Maybe Roy's genius plan was to replace one Italian with another

i could see us using 4-4-2 with

Maxi---Gerrard---Mascherano (Poulsen)---Cole
Torres---Pazzini

id rather ^^ than play with lucas and gerrard in the centre and cole behind the striker
would leave us with a decent looking bench aswell,

Fowi
26-8-10, 10:36
The problem with Pazzini is that he's not creative at all so I don't see him playing well alongside Torres. So instead of not being able to create enough chances for one striker we'll have the problem of not being able to create enough chances for two. But of course it's great to have him if Torres is out.

Em-inLeam
26-8-10, 10:37
The problem with Pazzini is that he's not creative at all so I don't see him playing well alongside Torres. So instead of not being able to create enough chances for one striker we'll have the problem of not being able to create enough chances for two.

So in effect he'll be more like Ngog than say a Sheringham? Is he the type who can play as a lone striker?

Fowi
26-8-10, 10:38
So in effect he'll be more like Ngog than say a Sheringham? Is he the type who can play as a lone striker?

Yea he plays in front of Cassano as a lone striker. And he's no Sheringham. More a Shearer.

IstanbulDreams
26-8-10, 10:40
I think we need to spend what money we have on the supply, rather than the finishing up top. We could have 2 top strikers, but when you have wide men like Jova and Kuyt, it's a struggle to get the service to them.

TG1234
26-8-10, 10:40
Racist.

Prat!!

It's not being racist, just fact that Italian players very rarely do well in the Prem, with the few exeptions like Zola. Our history with them isn't good with Aqua and Dossena is it? There is a big difference in the way ours and the Italian lague is played, which is also why not many of our players have ever made it there too (eg Rush), does that make them racist?

SerRenely
26-8-10, 10:43
14m....if we even had the money.

jamiechloe
26-8-10, 10:43
Prat!!

It's not being racist, just fact that Italian players very rarely do well in the Prem, with the few exeptions like Zola. Our history with them isn't good with Aqua and Dossena is it? There is a big difference in the way ours and the Italian lague is played, which is also why not many of our players have ever made it there too (eg Rush), does that make them racist?

Di Canio wasnt bad, Vialli wasnt bad

liverjackpool
26-8-10, 10:46
Yea he plays in front of Cassano as a lone striker. And he's no Sheringham. More a Shearer.

i wouldn't say no to a Shearer

robbieflowerpot
26-8-10, 10:47
According to the press we consider an awful lot these days. I consider making a move on Katherine Jenkins and Holly Willoughby, at the same time, pretty much every day. It doesn't mean it will ever happen and I have about the same chance in both cases, as we do here - i.e. zip.

Em-inLeam
26-8-10, 10:48
Prat!!

It was tongue in cheek mate ;)

Seanosdelgardo
26-8-10, 10:49
Is all well and good, but without service, he'll be another Italian flop.

This guy needs wingers/ creative players behind him to do well.....we can offer Kuyt and Jova.

TG1234
26-8-10, 10:53
It was tongue in cheek mate ;)

Sorry then buddy. I just get peed off hearing so many people being over sensitive and using this excuse.

scousertommy-86
26-8-10, 11:05
People won't like this but...

5 italians have been a success in the premier league:

Di Matteo
Vialli
Ravanelli (ish)
Di Canio
Zola

I can think of AT least 15 that have been total failures.

Generalised statement I know but Italians do not suit the premier league.

liverjackpool
26-8-10, 11:08
Is all well and good, but without service, he'll be another Italian flop.

This guy needs wingers/ creative players behind him to do well.....we can offer Kuyt and Jova.

Cole, Maxi, Johnson, Gerrard......

SuperSi
26-8-10, 11:12

Nando's always crocked. He'd get plenty of games.

LiverpoolRealist
26-8-10, 11:31
The problem with Pazzini is that he's not creative at all so I don't see him playing well alongside Torres. So instead of not being able to create enough chances for one striker we'll have the problem of not being able to create enough chances for two. But of course it's great to have him if Torres is out.

If that's the case, whats the point? 14m for a player who can't create? No having that! Why not a player in the Bergkamp, Sheringham mould? Who can play upfront and score goals when required or play as a second striker behind a main one.

We certainly don't have the money to waste on players like that.

Castro-33
26-8-10, 11:36
Why not a player in the Bergkamp mould?

LiverpoolRealist?

KevB72
26-8-10, 11:45
i wouldn't say no to a Shearer

By what your saying, if this guy is like Shearer or Sheringham, why not go for either of those two, instead of a player like them.

Klopportunity
26-8-10, 11:49
By what your saying, if this guy is like Shearer or Sheringham, why not go for either of those two, instead of a player like them.

They're a bit old now, no?

-SP7-
26-8-10, 12:14
I am just happy to see us linked with someone exciting!

liverjackpool
26-8-10, 12:54
I am just happy to see us linked with someone exciting!

Thats the spirit!

AGeddesRed
26-8-10, 12:59
Why not a player in the Bergkamp, Sheringham mould? Who can play upfront and score goals when required or play as a second striker behind a main one.

Whats wrong with Joe Cole and /or Steven Gerrard?

-Gola-
26-8-10, 13:16
where are we getting 14m from

this wont happen and isn't a good move for all concerned

19-UNDER-[B-ROD]
26-8-10, 13:42
where are we getting 14m from

this wont happen and isn't a good move for all concerned

Don't worry I found it underneath the couch. We'll be fine.

-Gola-
26-8-10, 13:43
Don't worry I found it underneath the couch. We'll be fine.

sound, ta for that

MikeRotch
26-8-10, 13:49
Love Pazzo but this rumour is not based on reality.

omarYNWA
26-8-10, 14:00
sick of the sight of italians, first Dossena and then Aquilani. Wouldnt touch them with a barge pole.

old-school
26-8-10, 14:31
sick of the sight of italians, first Dossena and then Aquilani. Wouldnt touch them with a barge pole.

for every dossena & aquilani there's a Zola and a Vialli

Getafe-My-Lawn!
6-4-12, 18:04
I think he would be a great signing for us now. Exactly what we need. With the other strikers Inter have I think we could sign him for cheaper than 14m.

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
6-4-12, 18:05
Certainly knows where the net is.

Won't happen, though.

Kloppette
6-4-12, 18:09
I think he would be a great signing for us now. Exactly what we need. With the other strikers Inter have I think we could sign him for cheaper than 14m.

Did you get this idea from the Striker thread when I mentioned him.

Getafe-My-Lawn!
6-4-12, 18:29
Did you get this idea from the Striker thread when I mentioned him.

Hay I mentioned him numours times, but this is the first time anyone took any notice.:D

Kloppette
6-4-12, 18:31
Hay I mentioned him numours times, but this is the first time anyone took any notice.

It was just an hour after I posted him on the Striker thread as I couldn't see anyone mention him and then this appeared.

I'd like other players ahead of him but he could be available for a decent price and maybe wants to play more !

Snippes
6-4-12, 18:31

14? No way.

Getafe-My-Lawn!
6-4-12, 18:37
14? No way.

We could even get rid of Aquilani as part of the deal.

vecchio47toes
6-4-12, 21:19
yeah think he'd be a fantastic purchase if we get some creativity... Inter is so weird these days and having watched a fair few of their games, I could see how he would be frustrated at lack of playing time and looks it at times. think the faster pace in england may suit him more at times, absolutely brilliant finisher

Little Phil C
6-4-12, 21:20
hope not he isnt very good imo

MignoLetItBe
6-4-12, 23:22
Don't rate him at all. Good finisher but by no means the best we could get.

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
6-4-12, 23:23
Scored the first hat trick at the new Wembley, btw.

Just in case it ever comes up in a quiz.

MignoLetItBe
6-4-12, 23:25
Also, he's a bit of a confidence player, and we already have far too many of those.