29-8-10, 21:30
I hear he twisted his headband.

Poor little petal.

Joedaley86
29-8-10, 21:30
sore throat

caple
29-8-10, 21:31
I can see this being a repetitive thread.

slimman
29-8-10, 21:31

Poor little petal.

Hahaha :D

EhEhPepeReina
29-8-10, 21:32
Oh no. He didn't get enough chances under Rafa but it's hard to have sympathy for him when he missed so many games because of a virus/bug or whatever, if he really wanted to impress he'd play through it.

Mike-91
29-8-10, 21:32
I bet he's at the job centre door in a years time.

Mapeke
29-8-10, 21:33
I heard he was too keen with his Ready Brek this morning and burnt his tongue. Could happen to the best of us.

-Kseniya-
29-8-10, 21:34

Poor little petal.

I heard he found a split end and had such a big hissy fit he broke a rib and a punctured his lung.

Gazza74
29-8-10, 21:35
He didn't play as he needs match fitness before he can be considered for selection.

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
He didn't play as he needs match fitness before he can be considered for selection.

He needs minutes, but they can't give him minutes.

Mike-91

That doesnt make sense, how can he get match fitness without playing a match?

Mapeke
I don't get it.

Viss
29-8-10, 21:36
I bet he's at the job centre door in a years time.

Which he would either walk into or stub his toe on

Gazza74
29-8-10, 21:37
That doesnt make sense, how can he get match fitness without playing a match?

That's what i said when i heard it last season.

BoDiddley
29-8-10, 21:37
I feel sorry for Mr Aquilani

And I feel sorry for those that used him as a stick to beat Roy.
Admittedly, I used him as a stick to beat Rafa, and it only goes to show how little we all really know about what's really going in.

Eddes
29-8-10, 21:38
The pitch isnt up to standard for him to play on

Mapeke
29-8-10, 21:38
Serie A is too physical for him.

Benny-Noons-Ghost
29-8-10, 21:41

Admittedly, I used him as a stick to beat Rafa, and it only goes to show how little we all really know about what's really going in.

Blimey, Bo actually suggesting he was wrong about something Rafa-related :eek:

justsean
29-8-10, 21:43
He needs minutes, but they can't give him minutes.

That one baffled me.

Seanosdelgardo
29-8-10, 21:43
Blimey, Bo actually suggesting he was wrong about something Rafa-related :eek:

I had to re read Bo's sentence at least 3 times.

slimman
29-8-10, 21:44

Well I hope you take that on board the next time you proclaim your own thoughts/opinion as some sort of fact.

svm
29-8-10, 21:50
Week 1

Doesn't make the squad for Juve.

Nice thread, Higgy. Will keep watching out for it.

Fowi
29-8-10, 21:53
Decent result for Juve though.

Sotolopolous
29-8-10, 21:54
I've heard Aquillani had a letter from his mum saying his kit was in the wash

Mapeke
29-8-10, 21:57
I've heard Aquillani had a letter from his mum saying his kit was in the wash
:D

BoDiddley
29-8-10, 21:57
Well I hope you take that on board the next time you proclaim your own thoughts/opinion as some sort of fact.

er.... on.

Anyway, the poor man has the look of Syd Barrett, or for younger viewers, Pete Doherty. I fear for him.

ElFirnimino
29-8-10, 22:03
Decent result for Juve though.

Bari were really strong at home last season, so not really a big surprise.

Ayub
29-8-10, 22:06

Sounds familiar!!!

-SP7-
29-8-10, 22:12
I don't get it.

That one baffled me.

Were you guys alive last year?

Fowi
12-9-10, 14:47
Week 2

Benched because of lack of match fitness.

cookpassbabtridge
12-9-10, 14:48
Week 2

He had a stomach bug most of the week.

He's a work shy fox with legs made of glass.

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
12-9-10, 14:57
Week 2

He needs minutes.

PerpetuallyInjured
12-9-10, 14:57
he got several hundred tiny cuts from blades of grass. he lost a lot of blood

Fowi
12-9-10, 14:58
Doesn't help that the guy he already can't displace in the team just scored a belter.

KimJong-illmatic
12-9-10, 15:38
Just came on. 12 minutes left and it is 3-3.

aRandomNameHere
12-9-10, 15:39
He's just been subbed on, let's see some magic

KeemI
12-9-10, 15:44
He's already had an impact;nearly had 3 assists within 5 minutes...a cross,a through pass and a corner kick...:scarf

charlesbukowski
Vinny should have scored after a quality pass from Aquilani.

KimJong-illmatic
Just played Melo clean through with a quick short pass but he couldn't beat the keeper.

PerpetuallyInjured
12-9-10, 15:45
He's already had an impact;nearly had 3 assists within 5 minutes...a cross,a through pass and a corner kick...:scarf

I want him back now!

KeemI
12-9-10, 15:46
Aquilani is a gem..showing some deft touches even though he lost the ball afterwards...:scarf

Sneets
12-9-10, 15:46
We have 20 million quid tied up in this bloke, i don't think we will see much of it coming back.

direwolf
12-9-10, 15:47
Vinny should have scored after a quality pass from Aquilani.

But it's Iaquinta to be quite fair.

CrawleyRed
We have 20 million quid tied up in this bloke, i don't think we will see much of it coming back.

We'll see £13.5m of it back if Juve want him permanently.

KeemI

If these last few minutes is a reflection of what he will be like at Juve,then yes we will get our money's worth back...:scarf

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
16-9-10, 23:32
No action tonight - cup tied.

RedBaros
16-9-10, 23:39

Rather have the player back.

-Chris-
17-9-10, 00:30

This.

Sanduskyy
17-9-10, 00:31
Were you guys alive last year?

Mountainman
17-9-10, 00:37
Despite lack of match fitness, minutes, grass cuts, kit in the wash, legs of glass, stomach bugs, and a few other things, I actually think Juve will start playing him more and more. He won't be back.

slimman
17-9-10, 02:06

Don't even get me started.

Despite lack of match fitness, minutes, grass cuts, kit in the wash, legs of glass, stomach bugs, and a few other things, I actually think Juve will start playing him more and more. He won't be back.

Sadly I think this will be the outcome.

RedBaros
17-9-10, 17:13
I'll just put this in here too..http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/video/Premiership/09-10/Liverpool-Portsmouth-15-03-2010/LFCCTV-Aquilan-17595.php3

:(

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
18-9-10, 21:15
Not in squad for tomorrows game.

Fowi
18-9-10, 21:16
Not in squad for tomorrows game.

It's even more ridiculous than when he was with us. What excuse is it this time?

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
18-9-10, 21:18

It's even more ridiculous than when he was with us. What excuse is it this time?

Dunno. But Del Neri says "he must wait".

Dynasty-inthe-Making
18-9-10, 21:20

Ladies night out :D

WindyShepherdHenderson

No idea. He played 12 minutes vs Sampdoria.

Vanoord

He was doing the ironing and dislocated his shoulder.

Hang on, that was someone else.

I'll try again.

Aquilani has a note from his mum to say he's not allowed to play contact sports as he's got a sore finger.

Really.

TrebleChaser
18-9-10, 21:23
Aquaphobia! Its a rare form of Agraphobia but is specific to large green open air areas surrounded on four sides by large built sloping structures usually with seating occupied by people.

Fowi
18-9-10, 21:25
So that will be 12mins of action in 4 games. Good stuff.

Must still be short of match fitness.

Adeel90
18-9-10, 21:47
So that will be 12mins of action in 4 games. Good stuff.

Must still be short of match fitness.

Thats BS he played more or less every game in pre season for us. I feel sorry for the lad it must be like de ja vu for him. 'He needs time' or 'Short of fitness' are things we have heard before. Maybe they just dont fancy him or have better players in that position. Looks like well be having him back soon then because i cant see them buying a player they dont need. One thing is for sure the guy is seriously talented if he ever gets his fitness sorted.

Mr-Rager
18-9-10, 21:57
So we're not even going to get £12m back for him?

RedGlosTaffy
18-9-10, 22:34

Don't want £12m for him, would like the player back please.

Andyfagan
18-9-10, 22:35

I'd rather have £12m than a player who can't play tbh.

Keverson
18-9-10, 22:37
Maybe we could recoup the money by selling him to a Paralympic Premiership team.

Fowi
18-9-10, 23:24

Probably not.

Andyfagan
18-9-10, 23:25
What a buy.

-Chris-
18-9-10, 23:29
Id still like him back tbh. Gerrard, Aquilani, Meireles, Lucas, Poulsen. That would be good.

Andyfagan
18-9-10, 23:31
Id still like him back tbh. Gerrard, Aquilani, Meireles, Lucas, Poulsen. That would be good.

I'm beginning to think we could use £12m better.

Hell, we could put that £12m next to the £12m we had to buy a striker in August and buy a properly good player if we wanted.

Fowi
18-9-10, 23:32
Just ask for Momo back.

Snippes
18-9-10, 23:32
There are some real pathetic souls on here :D

They have to have fun at Aquilani's expense to make them feel better about Roy's decision to off-load the guy to Juventus. Its like one of those losers who once a relationship is broken off with an ex, can't ever move on and focus on their current or future relationships. They get their fix off peeking over the fence to see if the ex is unhappy so that they can have their glee off of the ex's misery :rolleyes:

Meireles has played exactly 4 minutes more than Jay Spearing has played combined since both have been Liverpool players. 98% of those minutes came in a crap Europa league game. Lucas probably played more minutes all of last season than Xabi Alonso played last season for Real Madrid. If Spearing at the end of this season has more minutes played than Danny Pacheco, will that mean that Spearing is the better player? What if Meireles plays less than Poulsen or Lucas tomorrow - does that mean he sucks too, or does super Roy just have a different plan for the moment???

Is that any reflection of how good one player is over the other? Am willing to bet that no one here pays close enough attention to what is going on daily at Juventus to know why Aquilani might or might not play this game or that. So how patently low life do you have to be to sit there weekly scanning the starting line ups of Juve on the "Aquilani watch" just so you can make ******** comments about the guy - when he did or said nothing wrong once the whole time he was here at Liverpool?

Let it go, losers. Get a life, FFS! Focus your energy on the gems like Poulsen that we have brought to the club :scarf He's gonna be awesome for us!!!

Fowi
18-9-10, 23:36

They have to have fun at Aquilani's expense to make them feel better about Roy's decision to off-load the guy to Juventus. Its like one of those losers who once a relationship is broken off with an ex, can't ever move on and focus on their current or future relationships. They get their fix off peeking over the fence to see if the ex is unhappy so that they can have their glee off of the ex's misery :rolleyes:

Meireles has played exactly 4 minutes more than Jay Spearing has played combined since both have been Liverpool players. 98% of those minutes came in a crap Europa league game. Lucas probably played more minutes all of last season than Xabi Alonso played last season for Real Madrid. If Spearing at the end of this season has more minutes played than Danny Pacheco, will that mean that Spearing is the better player? What if Meireles plays less than Poulsen or Lucas tomorrow - does that mean he sucks too, or does super Roy just have a different plan for the moment???

Is that any reflection of how good one player is over the other? Am willing to bet that no one here pays close enough attention to what is going on daily at Juventus to know why Aquilani might or might not play this game or that. So how patently low life do you have to be to sit there weekly scanning the starting line ups of Juve on the "Aquilani watch" just so you can make ******** comments about the guy - when he did or said nothing wrong once the whole time he was here at Liverpool?

Let it go, losers. Get a life, FFS! Focus your energy on the gems like Poulsen that we have brought to the club :scarf He's gonna be awesome for us!!!

I'm very sad he isn't playing for Juventus even though that was the likeliest outcome. It means they won't buy him and we'll end up having to sell him to Palermo for less than £4mil. Or let him run down his contract on the stretcher like Redknapp.

And btw, Meireles has only been here for two games and has played in 50% of those, which is significantly more than Aquilani last or this season. Not sure what your point is at all.

Andyfagan
18-9-10, 23:36

Snipes, I think you've missed the point here. We're looking at Aquilani's minutes because the main worry about him was how much match time he'd be fit for. At the moment, his season for Juve is panning out just like his season for us, so maybe it does justify Hodgson's decision to offload him.

Likewise, if Aquilani starts playing blinders and getting goals and assists, we'll all see that Hodgson made a mistake in loaning him out.

That's the point of this thread.

Andyfagan
18-9-10, 23:37
Just ask for Momo back.

That's not a bad bet. At least then we'd have a DM worthy of top 4 football.

WindyShepherdHenderson
18-9-10, 23:39
Snipes, I think you've missed the point here. We're looking at Aquilani's minutes because the main worry about him was how much match time he'd be fit for. At the moment, his season for Juve is panning out just like his season for us, so maybe it does justify Hodgson's decision to offload him.

Likewise, if Aquilani starts playing blinders and getting goals and assists, we'll all see that Hodgson made a mistake in loaning him out.

Repped.

WhenJaviMetXabi
18-9-10, 23:51
I'm beginning to think we could use £12m better.

Hell, we could put that £12m next to the £12m we had to buy a striker in August and buy a properly good player if we wanted.

That will be long gone by then fella :crying

Mr-Rager
19-9-10, 00:03

Won't happen.

ElFirnimino
19-9-10, 00:06
We need to move on from Aqua, if we get the reported 13m in the option to buy clause, we should use that money to engineer a move for Affelay..............

Mr-Rager
19-9-10, 00:09
We need to move on from Aqua, if we get the reported 13m in the option to buy close, we should use that money to engineer a move for Affelay..............

It's hard to move on when a) so many people didn't even want him to leave in the first place, and b) he's still our player.

On the first point, people watch with interest because it wasn't the player's decision to leave the club, it was the manager's decision to get rid of them and rightly people will analyse the decision as his time at Juventus pans out. It's not like Xabi or Mascherano when it's as simple as 'moving on'; people will rightly look at Aquilani's career and Raul Meireles' career at Anfield and it will be a strong factor in judging Roy's first season as Liverpool manager. Secondly, I'm concerned at the amount of minutes that Aquilani is getting. If he's not getting games at Juventus then chances are they won't buy him, and in a year's time we'll be looking to offload him yet again but nobody will buy him due to his fitness, so we'll loan him out with an option to buy for about £7m. When we do eventually sell him, it could end up being for a minute fraction of what we bought him for.

Snippes
19-9-10, 00:48

That's the point of this thread.

Fair enough, Andy. I appreciate the clarification. But I read the thread from the start and there just seems to be this sort of snarky, smirkey attitude towards Aquilani - like some take joy out of his not cracking the line up for whatever reason. Hey, who the hell knows what is going on at Juve? Diego didn't last beyond a season there so I have no clue what they are doing there.

I am in no way saying let's act like Aquilani is dead and don't follow his progress. Am just saying we don't need to keep a ledger book of Roy justifications every week. It just keeps widening the divisionary perceptions of Roy's reign at the club. I understand both sides do it but I'd rather we focus on tomorrow and how we do moving forward.

slimman
19-9-10, 01:10
I mean, if he's not getting minutes there he might as well be here getting the odd 15 - 20 minute run-out.

I hope they start playing him soon.

old-school
19-9-10, 03:26
I seriously have doubts about his footballing career !

could it be over? and no ones admitting it

Tuta
19-9-10, 04:42
So he basicly has played 12 minutes in two games he has been eligible for?

cookpassbabtridge
19-9-10, 11:17

Well you were quite happy to ignore all evidence and stick the boot in, snipes.

Your Meireles point is stupid and silly and i'd bet the Lucas- Xabi one is close to being factually incorrect.

That post is the kind of rant i'd expect from an Everton fan.

-Tintin-
19-9-10, 11:25
It's fun watching a Yank crack up on .tv.

YANKS OUT.

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
19-9-10, 12:14
Lol at snipes

Alon1
19-9-10, 12:27
Lol at snipes

That was a very bad post from him to be fair.

The only good point he made i that some people seems to be enjoying that Aquilani is not going to get in the pitch with Juve, when, under any angle you see it, it will be in our benefit that he does.

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
19-9-10, 12:35
That was a very bad post from him to be fair.

The only good point he made i that some people seems to be enjoying that Aquilani is not going to get in the pitch with Juve, when, under any angle you see it, it will be in our benefit that he does.

It is funny in a dark twisted way.

But yes we want the money so we need him to play.

Edwina
19-9-10, 12:41
Snipes. LOLOL. x

Mike-91
19-9-10, 12:43
Classic Snipes.

SuperSpeedy
19-9-10, 12:45
It's fun watching a Yank crack up on .tv.

YANKS OUT.

We Be Kloppin'
19-9-10, 17:37
Week 3

Unused sub.

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
19-9-10, 17:38
Week 3

Unused sub.

He made the bench? Well that's better news.

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
22-9-10, 18:37
Finally, Del Neri refused to be drawn on whether Alberto Aquilani would start against Palermo.

“Eleven players must go on the pitch. Marchisio and Melo are doing well in their roles. Right now that midfield pairing gives me great reliability.

“I don't know how this season will end, but I am sure of one thing. We will create an important group this season,” he concluded.

Kitty-Got-Wet
22-9-10, 18:39
He'd would probably play tonight if he was here.

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
22-9-10, 18:40

Probably would have started v Bucharest too.

Ho hum.

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
22-9-10, 18:41

Probably would have started v Bucharest too.

Ho hum.

^^^^^^^If he's fit, which is looking like the issue.

slimman
22-9-10, 18:45
^^^^^^^If he's fit, which is looking like the issue.

So you think he's still not fully fit? :confused:

Kitty-Got-Wet
22-9-10, 18:46

He needs match fitness but isn't fit enough to play games.

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
22-9-10, 18:51

Yes, i think it's looking increasingly like he can't handle the rigours of professional football.

slimman
22-9-10, 19:07
He needs match fitness but isn't fit enough to play games.

Yes, i think it's looking increasingly like he can't handle the rigours of professional football.

So the last injury just zapped him and that's it he's finished.

So how come he played in some games last year and is this the case of a Ledley King where he can't train and just plays games? :eek:

So was Rafa right to over-protect him last season and why Hodgson let him go immediately without him even playing a game for us under him?

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
22-9-10, 19:12
So the last injury just zapped him and that's it he's finished.

So how come he played in some games last year and is this the case of a Ledley King where he can't train and just plays games? :eek:

So was Rafa right to over-protect him last season and why Hodgson let him go immediately without him even playing a game for us under him?

Rafa was wrong to sign him, right to not play him, and Roy is right to get rid.

imo

Bewdleyfan
22-9-10, 19:14
Rafa was wrong to sign him, right to not play him, and Roy is right to get rid.

imo

This.

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
22-9-10, 19:14
And i'm happy to accept that i was wrong last season if that is the case.

Lizboy10
22-9-10, 19:31
And i'm happy to accept that i was wrong last season if that is the case.

Well done for that, however would have been easier not to blindly argue against me and "neg" me for saying what a disaster he was

red6
22-9-10, 20:43
Hear his wife is messying around

Ibeeeeey-lieve
22-9-10, 21:04
Hear his wife is messying around

she settling in too well? :eek: ;)

Eddes
23-9-10, 21:02
Aqua coming on now, come on Aqua man !!!

Eddes
23-9-10, 21:05
Juve 0 Palermo 2

Oh dear

Mike-91
23-9-10, 21:06
Juve 0 Palermo 2

Oh dear

Thats Aqua fault that is:P

Bewdleyfan
23-9-10, 21:09
Juve 0 Palermo 2

Oh dear

Blooming hell! Are you watching it? How is Pastore playing?

MickW
Wish I'd known this was on TV what with the wife being at keep fat.

Nice touch by Aqua.

LordJamieOfCarragher
Pastore doing his price tag no harm at all with another goal tonight.

Eddes
23-9-10, 21:10
Blooming hell! Are you watching it? How is Pastore playing?

Don't know much about this kid but he looks terrific, comentator said he has struggled to settle and is only just getting some form, from just what i've seen tonight he looks really good

Bewdleyfan
23-9-10, 21:26
Don't know much about this kid but he looks terrific, comentator said he has struggled to settle and is only just getting some form, from just what i've seen tonight he looks really good

I saw him a few times last season and he looked a real talent. Is Miccoli playing for Palermo? Another amazingly talented player. It's a shame Palermo lost Kjaer and Cavani this season, those two plus Miccoli and Pastore were the main reasons for their successfull campaign last time round.

Despite looking like Robbie Savage, Federico Balzaretti is another impressive player also.

Starblind
23-9-10, 21:28
3-0 Palermo, Bovo. Not bad free kick for a defender :P

Then Iaquinta gets one back quickly.

Eddes
23-9-10, 21:32
Why do Juve just constantly lob high balls into the box ? It's just dumb ass football.

RyanBabylon
23-9-10, 21:32
Pastore is brilliant. My favorite non-LFC player in the world.

Fowi
23-9-10, 21:51
We're not getting our money back, that's for sure.

Eddes
23-9-10, 21:53
Couple of neat touches tonight but wasn't really involved in the half hour or so he had, dissapointed...

Well played Palermo though, fully deserved the 3-1 win.

Yehez
23-9-10, 21:56
Couple of neat touches tonight but wasn't really involved in the half hour or so he had, dissapointed...

Well played Palermo though, fully deserved the 3-1 win.

Palermo are awesome. They probably have the best manager in the league and a great squad to go with it. It was a surprise for me the way they started.

As for Aquilani, I really like him and wish it worked out, but now I'm well and truly Meh about him.

Puna
23-9-10, 22:02
Strange sub by Juve. Taking off Del Piero who looked lively for Aquilani. I thought he looked OK when he came on though. I can see him possibly starting next game.

Fowi
23-9-10, 22:07
Strange sub by Juve. Taking off Del Piero who looked lively for Aquilani. I thought he looked OK when he came on though. I can see him possibly starting next game.

I doubt it. He clearly lacks match fitness.

Jumpers4goalposts
23-9-10, 22:15
I doubt it. He clearly lacks match fitness.

Has he ever had it?

Fowi
23-9-10, 22:16
Has he ever had it?

In 2002.

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
26-9-10, 19:14
Starts tonight for Juve. :)

Kitty-Got-Wet
26-9-10, 19:19

This is his first start?

Bewdleyfan
26-9-10, 19:20

Should be interesting.

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
26-9-10, 19:20
This is his first start?

Yes.

dreams-come-true
26-9-10, 19:25
Yes.

Juve are doing really badly without him anyway.

KimJong-illmatic
26-9-10, 19:34
I want so badly for him to do well.

shody1976
26-9-10, 19:37
Juve are doing really badly without him anyway.

Juve suck, something our two teams have in common.

RyanBabylon
26-9-10, 19:45
Marchisio and Quagliarella both miss out on the start?

EskilJehn
26-9-10, 19:47
I predict Aquilani is going to make an assist in a 3-0 win today :scarf

SAB1977
26-9-10, 19:56
Is it on tv at all?

sim77
26-9-10, 19:57
Espn mate.

Jay-Cutlers-Thumb
26-9-10, 19:57
A few very loose passes from him so far.

RyanBabylon
26-9-10, 20:00
What a goal by Krasic!!!!!!!!

SAB1977
26-9-10, 20:04
Espn mate.

EskilJehn
26-9-10, 20:06
What a goal by Krasic!!!!!!!!
Who took the corner for that goal?

Bewdleyfan
26-9-10, 20:08
What an easy goal for Cagliari!

Rightfoot
26-9-10, 20:08
Juves defense seems to be just as poor as ours. Leaking goals even at home.

Bewdleyfan
26-9-10, 20:15
Juventus are terrible!

Fowi
26-9-10, 20:15
Del Piero, Quagliarela and Marchisio all dropped. Juve are even more desperate then us.

RyanBabylon
26-9-10, 20:16
Who took the corner for that goal?

pepe i think. it was pretty bad.

RyanBabylon
26-9-10, 20:17
Del Piero, Quagliarela and Marchisio all dropped. Juve are even more desperate then us.

Ridiculous. Marchisio's been great recently. Not too sure about the others' performances.

Fowi
26-9-10, 20:18
Ridiculous. Marchisio's been great recently. Not too sure about the others' performances.

Del Neri had to react so he just dropped a random group of players.

Bewdleyfan
26-9-10, 20:22
Krasic again! 2-1

Fowi
26-9-10, 20:24
Krasic needs positive moments too. He's struggled so far so hopefully this will help him.

Rightfoot
26-9-10, 20:25
Wonder why they haven't signed a central defender to partner Chiellini? Looking at their squad they actually look pretty strong otherwise (they even have Giovinco out on loan).

SAB1977
26-9-10, 20:28
What i like about Aquilani is his movement off the ball.He is always looking to get into space to recieve a pass.Its a shame he wont be given a chance here for whatever reasons.!

Fowi
26-9-10, 20:28
Wonder why they haven't signed a central defender to partner Chiellini? Looking at their squad they actually look pretty strong otherwise (they even have Giovinco out on loan).

They signed Bonucci for a lot of money.

Rightfoot
26-9-10, 20:29
Very impressed by Krasic when he played for CSKA and he seems to become a success in Juve as well. Might well be the capture of the season this new Nedved.

Rightfoot
26-9-10, 20:33
They signed Bonucci for a lot of money.

Yes but he has yet to impress me but maybe after a couple of more games together they will be more solid.

Batchy123
26-9-10, 20:42
Oh no. He didn't get enough chances under Rafa but it's hard to have sympathy for him when he missed so many games because of a virus/bug or whatever, if he really wanted to impress he'd play through it.

He did have some games though were he showed some awesome promises.

Honestly I just think he was too light weight and with his nasty injuries he was always going to pick up shed loads of knocks playing our physical game.

The fact Rafa kept him out of games against Everton, Man U, Bolton, Blackburn etc etc said that physically he was not up to the premiership. I still can't understand why Rafa went for him because in all honesty he was just not the type of player Rafa usually buys.

Rightfoot
26-9-10, 20:51
He did have some games though were he showed some awesome promises.

Honestly I just think he was too light weight and with his nasty injuries he was always going to pick up shed loads of knocks playing our physical game.

The fact Rafa kept him out of games against Everton, Man U, Bolton, Blackburn etc etc said that physically he was not up to the premiership. I still can't understand why Rafa went for him because in all honesty he was just not the type of player Rafa usually buys.

I think Rafa panicked when Alonso was leaving and it was clear to him that Alonso could not be convinced to stay. The big mystery this year is how we can afford to have a creative player like Aqua out on loan when we really need some creativity.

davegahan
26-9-10, 20:54
Aquilani had a good first half methinks.
Two powerful long-range shots (left foot, right foot) and also a few long-range accurate passes.
Plus, he always seems to be willing to move into space to receive the ball.
Looking forward for the second half.

davegahan
26-9-10, 20:56
I think Rafa panicked when Alonso was leaving and it was clear to him that Alonso could not be convinced to stay. The big mystery this year is how we can afford to have a creative player like Aqua out on loan when we really need some creativity.

Aqua and Insua on loan = less wages for the yanks to pay.

Rightfoot
26-9-10, 21:00

That is probably the explanation. Come January I'm guessing that we will see some more loan deals for the fringe/squad players so we for the rest of the season only have a good starting eleven and youngsters on the bench.

Rightfoot
26-9-10, 21:04
Yes but he has yet to impress me but maybe after a couple of more games together they will be more solid.

Apparentely just scored his second of the season so at least which is probably more than our full backs will score during the whole season.

Rightfoot
26-9-10, 21:13
Krasic scores again.

ToTaLxTc
26-9-10, 21:14
Why did we not sign ****** Milos? :mad:

He was an absolute steal at what Juve got him for.

Batchy123
26-9-10, 21:16

Whilst I agree with this comment it's pointless having a creative player on the books who cannot create because he's injured or not physically strong enough to perform in certain games.

Whilst I agree it's strange to let this kid go I can see the basic reasons behind it. Not only that I have heard he was a pretty shocking trainer, not sure if that is true or not.

L-E-S-S-T-H-A-N
27-9-10, 06:47
milos is the one!!

RogerHuntelaar
27-9-10, 09:48
So how did Aqua do?

Gerd1982
27-9-10, 10:32
Pretty well, considering it was his first start of the season.

Movement was great, a few misplaced passes early on but improved as game went on.

Replaced around 70-75 mins in.

phuzz
27-9-10, 10:34
Aquilani is what we missed yesterday.

RogerHuntelaar
27-9-10, 10:39
Pretty well, considering it was his first start of the season.

Movement was great, a few misplaced passes early on but improved as game went on.

Replaced around 70-75 mins in.

Ok, thanks. :)

Fowi
27-9-10, 10:42
Bring us Momo back. Please.

Gerd1982
27-9-10, 10:45
Bring us Momo back. Please.

Momo is a beast.

He has also filled out a bit.

Looks stronger.

Fowi
27-9-10, 10:46
Momo is a beast.

He has also filled out a bit.

Looks stronger.

He'd be a combination of Pele and Paddy Vieira compared to Poulsen and Lucas.

Eddes
3-10-10, 19:44
Aquilani and Sissoko both start

Inter v Juve now on ESPN

The Liver Bird Riseth
3-10-10, 19:45
Playing again tonight I see.

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
3-10-10, 19:45
If Hicks refinances i hope we don't get the £13m.

TeenageMutantNinJaSkrtel
3-10-10, 19:46
I'll be gutted if he has a good game today, today especially all things considered..

Eddes
3-10-10, 19:47
Sorry, wrong, looks like Momo is sub

Scrams
3-10-10, 19:49
This should be a cracker. Juventus need the points.

Aaronh
3-10-10, 19:52
Aqua starts against Rafa. I need Inter for my acca. I already know the outcome :crying

Gerd1982
So much for managers not picking him, seems he just needed to get fit and his quality will get him on the teamsheet.

We are crying out for a player as creative as him yet Roy saw it fit to send him on loan(not even sell him) and sign ******* Poulsen.

FFS, we really could have used him today.

kopitecrash
Aqua starts against Rafa. I need Inter for my acca. I already know the outcome :crying

why do people do acce's? They're the disappointing child of betting.

Gerd1982
3-10-10, 20:10
Juve do look a better team with Aqua playing.

His vision and speed of though is so refreshing.

Cannot believe we let him go on LOAN, jeez

Venantium
3-10-10, 20:11
Im not saying he is the answer to our problems but we shoudnt have loaned him out this season, at all.

Gerd1982
3-10-10, 20:13
Im not saying he is the answer to our problems but we shoudnt have loaned him out this season, at all.

Totally, could have used him, especially in a game such as todays.

Krasic has been very lively.

Adeel90
3-10-10, 20:14
Does anyone know if it would be possible for us to get him back in January? If we dont have much money to spend, it would be well worth taking him back to add some much needed creativity back to the team. I also think we missed a trick by not going for Sissoko, I think they would have sold him for about 8 million. They could have found some other idiots to sell poulsen to! I always liked Sissoko and was a shame that the eye injury blighted his career with us.

Aaronh
I know it isn't going to happen but COULD we recall him?

lizred
So much for managers not picking him, seems he just needed to get fit and his quality will get him on the teamsheet.

We are crying out for a player as creative as him yet Roy saw it fit to send him on loan(not even sell him) and sign ******* Poulsen.

Absolutely we could have done with him in all our games this season

lizred
3-10-10, 20:17

I don't think you can recall him once he is loaned for the year.
~From hints Aqualini there was some discord with Roy

TeenageMutantNinJaSkrtel

Can we not recall him?

Eddes
Good player, i really like watching Aqua, he keeps the ball so well, every pass finds its man.

That said, he isn't who we need right now, yet another central ball player, we need width, we need pace and we need a goalscorer.

TeenageMutantNinJaSkrtel
3-10-10, 20:19
Good player, i really like watching Aqua, he keeps the ball so well, every pass finds its man.

That said, he isn't who we need right now, yet another central ball player, we need width, we need pace and we need a goalscorer.

We could drop Stevie in the DM position and have Raul and Alberto as the more forward midfielders who drop back if Stevie ventures forward.

Venantium
3-10-10, 20:21
Can we not recall him?

If we could then we should, we need all the quality we need right now.

The Liver Bird Riseth

What's the point Roy decided he wasn't going to play him. If he did stay Roy would have played him right wing and would hace lost even more value. Let him stay at Juventus and at least if he plays well we can get some money back to pay some refinancing costs. What makes me laugh is that we paid Juve 4-5 million for Poulsen and we lent them Aquilani (as far as i know we didnt even charge a fee but I may be mistaken). Shows the shambles we are in at the moment.

Liverdinner
Thought it was daft loaning him out. Signing Meireles comforted me though because Imo in cm he is quality.

We need wide men not more attacking cms.

Eddes
3-10-10, 20:22
We could drop Stevie in the DM position and have Raul and Alberto as the more forward midfielders who drop back if Stevie ventures forward.

You mean attack ?
And play people in their correct position ?

What is this wizardry ?????

To be fair, we could do that now with Raul and Stevie in the middle and Joe Cole ahead. Joe aint no wide man, the difference in our play when he went through the middle today was huge.

Gerd1982

One touch passing between those three would be a treat to watch.

One of the best things about Aqua was how quickly he could spot the next pass.

I would love that midfield, Torres would get plenty of support.

Aaronh
I don't think you can recall him once he is loaned for the year.
~From hints Aqualini there was some discord with Roy

***Strops*** BUT HES OUR PLAYER :(

Its so dissapointing really is. I really liked what I saw last season allbeit against 'Weak' opposition.

Eddes
3-10-10, 20:24

Its so dissapointing really is. I really liked what I saw last season allbeit against 'Weak' opposition.

It doesn't get much weaker than Northampton and Blackpool at home.

Gerd1982
3-10-10, 20:24

"weak" oppo as in Blackpool and Sunderland at home?

I think he would have excelled in these games.

Roy did not give him a fair crack.

RedCherries
3-10-10, 20:25
If we could then we should, we need all the quality we need right now.

Don't think we can recall him. Didn't City have a problem with lack of keepers last season and they couldn't recall Joe Hart from his loan with Birmingham.

The Liver Bird Riseth
3-10-10, 20:28
Thought it was daft loaning him out. Signing Meireles comforted me though because Imo in cm he is quality.

We need wide men not more attacking cms.

Perhaps if we kept aqua. not signed Poulsen (and let Lucas/Spearing/Shelvey play) and Mierles and spent the 15million on a winger or two?

kopitecrash
3-10-10, 20:28
Theres hope - we can still coax him back. We just have to win contract negociations with Juve if Juve try to buy him out.

Liverdinner
3-10-10, 20:30
Perhaps if we kept aqua. not signed Poulsen (and let Lucas/Spearing/Shelvey play) and Mierles and spent the 15million on a winger or two?

Perfectly valid option id say. Maybe kept Insua and stretched a bit more to sign a cheap dm like that Diame at Wigan.

ajaxheart
3-10-10, 20:33
If we played a diamond with Masch Aqua Merieles and Gerrard it would have been a great midfield

Batchy123
3-10-10, 20:34
why did we not just go get muntari who can't even make the inter squad.

He would have been a better signing that Poulsen. I disagree on the Aquilani issue though.

He could not cut it last year and although showed some promise that soon faded away. He disappointed big time and was awful against Hull City in the last game of the season.

Why is it always the poor players that we offload suddenly become the saviours of our poor start to the season.

Come on guys Aquilani is not the answer.

The Liver Bird Riseth
3-10-10, 20:34
If we played a diamond with Masch Aqua Merieles and Gerrard it would have been a great midfield

Masch was leaving even if Rafa was still around so Roy did the right thing in getting as much money as possible.

Gerd1982
3-10-10, 20:36
why did we not just go get muntari who can't even make the inter squad.

He would have been a better signing that Poulsen. I disagree on the Aquilani issue though.

He could not cut it last year and although showed some promise that soon faded away. He disappointed big time and was awful against Hull City in the last game of the season.

Why is it always the poor players that we offload suddenly become the saviours of our poor start to the season.

Come on guys Aquilani is not the answer.

Explain the bag of assists and couple of goals from very limited appearances.

Muntari..... Lol!

The Liver Bird Riseth
3-10-10, 20:39

Muntari..... Lol!

Batchy damns Rafa for buying Aqua so what make you think that he would advocate Aqua coming back?

LHunter
3-10-10, 20:43
Aquilani or poulsen, Aquilani or poulsen, Aquilani or poulsen,

Aquilani all day long

The Liver Bird Riseth
3-10-10, 21:03
Excellent game; Aquilani seems to make so much room for himself

Ihaveadream
3-10-10, 21:08
the opposition back off and back off more then let you shoot.
When the shot goes wide the side then start there attack they again will have an easy way thru to goal.

Even tho this is the style of italian play most games are 1-1 finish, which means when a midfielder scores 3 goals a season he is called prolific, thus meaning english clubs will try to buy them for obscene amounts of the banks capital!!!

Batchy123
3-10-10, 21:10

Muntari..... Lol!
emmmmmmmm you could say the same about keane he scored goals and had plenty of assists but still got offloaded.

Aquilano was not good enough just stop looking to people who have not made the grade.

kopitecrash
3-10-10, 21:12
emmmmmmmm you could say the same about keane he scored goals and had plenty of assists but still got offloaded.

Aquilano was not good enough just stop looking to people who have not made the grade.

Keane: One goal every four games. Assists not much better.

Aquilani: 8 goals/assists in 9 games.

hmm...so Keane was good enough but Aquilani wasn't?

ceredred
3-10-10, 21:13

Admit it, you don't support Liverpool that's why you always see wrong when it comes to the club.

Rightfoot
3-10-10, 21:27
Would have loved to see Aqua score one in front of Rafa but now he goes off and in comes Sissoko.

Liverdinner
3-10-10, 21:28
Would have loved to see Aqua score one in front of Rafa but now he goes off and in comes Sissoko.

How did he do?

Gerd1982
3-10-10, 21:28
Aqua off, Momo on.

Decent game for Aqua, Juve definitely have more balance with him in the team.

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
3-10-10, 21:31
How many assists did Aquilani get?

The Liver Bird Riseth
3-10-10, 21:32

about the same as poulsen and he cost them nothing

kopitecrash
3-10-10, 21:34

A goal and six assists, all of which came in 9 starts. He also had 9 games on as a sub in which he got nothing.

Not including his goal in the europa league.

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
about the same as poulsen and he cost them nothing

A goal and six assists, all of which came in 9 starts. He also had 9 games on as a sub in which he got nothing.

Not including his goal in the europa league.

Rightfoot
How did he do?

I think he did quite well. Starting in midfield for Juve playing the Italian and Euro champs away, started well with some good crosses and quality corners etc but got tired towards the end. Definately a gifted player though that tries to play quick football. Just can't understand that we let him go on loan, exactly the kind of player we need against the likes of Sunderland and Blackpool at home (and in many other games).

LHunter
3-10-10, 21:37
I think he did quite well. Starting in midfield for Juve playing the Italian and Euro champs away, started well with some good crosses and quality corners etc but got tired towards the end. Definately a gifted player though that tries to play quick football. Just can't understand that we let him go on loan, exactly the kind of player we need against the likes of Sunderland and Blackpool at home (and in many other games).

ye and he got poulsen

Rightfoot
3-10-10, 21:39
Rafa happy with a draw at home no?

christhered
3-10-10, 21:40
We shouldnt have bought a perma injured £20 million replacement in the first place.

Cue a snipes WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! POST.

Batchy123
3-10-10, 21:41
Admit it, you don't support Liverpool that's why you always see wrong when it comes to the club.

No I do support the club so stop talking utter tripe. Secondly stop looking to players that are not good enough.

Aquilani was offloaded because he was not good enough and he never will be. He is not strong enough physically for the premiership is far too injury prone.

I don't hate the guy he just isn't good enough and that is the reason why he's now on loan. Yet again people looking to failed players as the ones who can make a difference.

I am not saying Keane was the way forward but bearing in mind he had less of an opportunity than Aquilani then how can you even say Keane was a failure and aquilani is the guy to take us forward.

Gerd1982
3-10-10, 21:42
Rafa happy with a draw at home no?

Happier than losing to a newly promoted team at home perhaps:crying

Gerd1982
3-10-10, 21:44
No I do support the club so stop talking utter tripe. Secondly stop looking to players that are not good enough.

Aquilani was offloaded because he was not good enough and he never will be. He is not strong enough physically for the premiership is far too injury prone.

I don't hate the guy he just isn't good enough and that is the reason why he's now on loan. Yet again people looking to failed players as the ones who can make a difference.

I am not saying Keane was the way forward but bearing in mind he had less of an opportunity than Aquilani then how can you even say Keane was a failure and aquilani is the guy to take us forward.

LOL, you talk the world of rubbish!

Keane had less of an oppurtunity than Aqua?

Please!!!

Are you Robbie in disguise?

ceredred
3-10-10, 21:45

You started off so wrong.

Firstly you do not support the club*, I've read your crap for years now and have a clear conclusion you are on a wind up.

Secondly, I didn't give reference to any players so your barking up the wrong tree with that reply.:)

*I believe you support a club but it isn't Liverpool FC.

Liverdinner
3-10-10, 21:48

Cheers. I agree. What score was it in the end>

Rightfoot
3-10-10, 21:49
Cheers. I agree. What score was it in the end>

0-0.

kopitecrash
3-10-10, 21:52

I see your train of logic.

Keane sold for 20 million for being ineffective most of the time he played = bad deal.

Aquilani sent out on loan for nothing for being effective in the games he was played = good deal.

Yes....Yes.

Batchy123
3-10-10, 21:53
LOL, you talk the world of rubbish!

Keane had less of an oppurtunity than Aqua?

Please!!!

Are you Robbie in disguise?

Did you just read the Liverpool website on how Aquilano played ro did you actually watch him. Did you actually go see him live in any game last year?

If you did then you would have seen how games passed him by, how he was far too weak and often got muscled out by other players.

He had the odd good game but a part from that he was very very average. I don't want Keane back and I don't want Aquilani back. Both players were distinctly average and not good enough. However if your asking me who I would prefer then Keane as we have zero striking options outside of Torres.

Aquilani spent more time tucked up in bed with Influenza, Cold, virus, a saw ankle, a poorly knee, a strained hamstring etc etc

But of course this is the guy to take us forward because he led us to glory last season.

God what next Insua was going to be the next Roberto Carlos. I bet you'll be saying Lucas would have been the next viera when he gets sold.

Your calling me but the fact your saying a failed player is our way forward speaks volumes about your knowledge. I am done with this thread.

Liverdinner
3-10-10, 21:55
0-0.

Typical Rafa
:fishing

TheKLF
3-10-10, 21:56
Serie A is too physical for him.

Can't have been too physical for him before we bought him ...

kopitecrash
3-10-10, 21:56
Did you just read the Liverpool website on how Aquilano played ro did you actually watch him. Did you actually go see him live in any game last year?

If you did then you would have seen how games passed him by.

And Keane should've been given more of an oppurtunity having demonstrated this exact attribute?

Gerd1982
3-10-10, 21:57

If you did then you would have seen how games passed him by, how he was far too weak and often got muscled out by other players.

He had the odd good game but a part from that he was very very average. I don't want Keane back and I don't want Aquilani back. Both players were distinctly average and not good enough. However if your asking me who I would prefer then Keane as we have zero striking options outside of Torres.

Aquilani spent more time tucked up in bed with Influenza, Cold, virus, a saw ankle, a poorly knee, a strained hamstring etc etc

But of course this is the guy to take us forward because he led us to glory last season.

God what next Insua was going to be the next Roberto Carlos. I bet you'll be saying Lucas would have been the next viera when he gets sold.

Your calling me but the fact your saying a failed player is our way forward speaks volumes about your knowledge. I am done with this thread.

Good.

Bye.

Batchy123
3-10-10, 21:57
You started off so wrong.

Firstly you do not support the club*, I've read your crap for years now and have a clear conclusion you are on a wind up.

Secondly, I didn't give reference to any players so your barking up the wrong tree with that reply.:)

*I believe you support a club but it isn't Liverpool FC.

Personally mate your just a ****** who comes on the website trying to make out your a liverpool fan and mocking others with decent opinions. You aint ever been to a Liverpool game in your life.

You know absolutely nothing. Your a sunshiner I am sure if a few more bad results go our way you'll be off supporting Chelsea or Manu.

Tatty bye

LHunter
3-10-10, 21:59

ok ye so,

you think poulsen is better then aquilani?

cookpassbabtridge
3-10-10, 21:59
Personally mate your just a ****** who comes on the website trying to make out your a liverpool fan and mocking others with decent opinions. You aint ever been to a Liverpool game in your life.

You know absolutely nothing. Your a sunshiner I am sure if a few more bad results go our way you'll be off supporting Chelsea or Manu.

Tatty bye

He has been to a Liverpool game. Stop telling lies. There is pictures of him on this very site at a Liverpool game.

ceredred
3-10-10, 22:01

Tatty bye

Mate(if I could call you one) I've not just seen them but been on the pitch at Anfield(May 3rd 2009) and scored a penalty infront of the Kop that's how big a ****'in sunshiner I am so eat those apples.:)

Gerd1982
3-10-10, 22:22
Mate(if I could call you one) I've not just seen them but been on the pitch at Anfield(May 3rd 2009) and scored a penalty infront of the Kop that's how big a ****'in sunshiner I am so eat those apples.:)

Don't think that wally will show his face in this thread again.

Kwality!

ceredred
3-10-10, 22:35

Don't think that wally will show his face in this thread again.

Kwality!

It's a Top Trump card I have when it comes to Anfield (and have you been there) on these forums.;):D

Snippes
3-10-10, 23:10

So true mate. All these muppets who couldn't wait to laugh every time he didn't start a game...even games he wasn't eligible to play for (Europe) :D

Big game today vs Inter...watched every second of it and the guy is just quality. He has a better touch, better vision, better range than any player we have right now in midfield outside of Gerrard. Played very well today...amazing to watch a midfielder who looks up to see his next move as the ball is coming to him to receive the pass.

No wasted motion...one touch passing when he can. Technically very gifted. Was fantastic with set pieces. We NEED him...right now!! How the **** we can convince ourselves that this player can't get minutes playing for 18th place Liverpool FC has got to be the biggest crock of **** I have ever heard of in my entire life. Its embarrasing the comments that have been made about Aquilani the last few weeks. So much nonesense...any fool watching this guy can see he has amazing quality about him.

If we had Meireles holding, Aquilani in CM with Gerrard in the hole and Cole wide, imagine how many technically good players we would have on the pitch. We would be playing far better than we are right now.

Instead we have Poulsen and Dirk immediately making us an 8 man outfield footballers team.

Shocking decision my Roy to send him away....and he i paying for it dearly right now.

MickeyLove
3-10-10, 23:14
Its still early in the season to be "gloating" about it. I really was not happy about it and said plenty about it at the time, but I wont be claiming I was right based on the evidence so far.

cookpassbabtridge
3-10-10, 23:21
Its still early in the season to be "gloating" about it. I really was not happy about it and said plenty about it at the time, but I wont be claiming I was right based on the evidence so far.

That boy would gloat that the night turns to day.

If he gets injured anyone who mentions it will be subject to one of his female style rants. See earlier on in this thread for evidence.

charlesbukowski
3-10-10, 23:42
I didn't get to see the game but goal.com says that this game showed exactly why Rafa was so cautious with him as he was bossed physically in midfield. I'm not saying that he couldn't help us right now - altho I doubt it - but he obviously has problems with strong, hardtackling opponents.

Snippes
3-10-10, 23:42

What does "gloating" have to do with anything? Will Aquilani ever get injured again at some point? I would bet my house on it.

But that's not the point. The point is, the man is a fantastic, talented player. Anyone who saw him here last season and is honest and knows what he is looking at - will know that.

We are currently pathetically lacking in creative talent at the moment and we just gave up on him within a couple of weeks of Roy watching him trying to have his first real full pre-season in 2 years.

That's not gloating...that's pointing out the obvious. We lack what he brings to the table but we inexplicably decided to get rid of him without even blinking. Dumb move on our part, no question about it.

Em-inLeam
3-10-10, 23:46
So true mate. All these muppets who couldn't wait to laugh every time he didn't start a game...even games he wasn't eligible to play for (Europe) :D

Big game today vs Inter...watched every second of it and the guy is just quality. He has a better touch, better vision, better range than any player we have right now in midfield outside of Gerrard. Played very well today...amazing to watch a midfielder who looks up to see his next move as the ball is coming to him to receive the pass.

No wasted motion...one touch passing when he can. Technically very gifted. Was fantastic with set pieces. We NEED him...right now!! How the **** we can convince ourselves that this player can't get minutes playing for 18th place Liverpool FC has got to be the biggest crock of **** I have ever heard of in my entire life. Its embarrasing the comments that have been made about Aquilani the last few weeks. So much nonesense...any fool watching this guy can see he has amazing quality about him.

If we had Meireles holding, Aquilani in CM with Gerrard in the hole and Cole wide, imagine how many technically good players we would have on the pitch. We would be playing far better than we are right now.

Instead we have Poulsen and Dirk immediately making us an 8 man outfield footballers team.

Shocking decision my Roy to send him away....and he i paying for it dearly right now.

Exactly.