PDA

View Full Version : Have we seen the best of Torres?

RedSoxDae
12-9-10, 21:23
Dicuss....

Jazzy-J
12-9-10, 21:24
Dunno. Neither does anybody else.

DeisePaddy
12-9-10, 21:25
its not beyond the realms of possibility.

Hopefully not though

RedSoxDae
12-9-10, 21:26
Dunno. Neither does anybody else.

Do you think he can recapture his form in his first season for us?

Jazzy-J
12-9-10, 21:27
Do you think he can recapture his form in his first season for us?

Dunno. Hope so.

RedSoxDae
12-9-10, 21:28
Dunno. Hope so.

You don't sound confident about that.

kop144
12-9-10, 21:28
I honestly can't think of a more complete striker than Torres.

Sure the likes of Messi (and Ronaldo) exel in departments such as dribbling, set pieces etc, but Torres hasn't got one of the best goal to game ratios for nothing.

RedSoxDae
12-9-10, 21:32

Sure the likes of Messi (and Ronaldo) exel in departments such as dribbling, set pieces etc, but Torres hasn't got one of the best goal to game ratios for nothing.

Sorry I'm not on the same page mate. Care to elaborate?

Adeel90
12-9-10, 21:33
This is about as stupid as asking have me seen the best of messi discuss on the basis of not being able to win the game for barca at home vs hercules. Sorry mate he had a mare today but he had a rubbish midfield behind him apart frm stevie. If he stays fit (bare in mind hes had two knee ops this year) i can only see him gettin better and better as a player who is only 26. How about we back our number 9 seeing as he was trying very hard today and got us a win only a couple of weeks ago?

Jazzy-J
You don't sound confident about that.

You're reading something in my post that isn't there.

brummiered01
Torres is a great player, the problem, other than his injuries, is that the team has got worse since he's been here

Sneets

Drogba is better, superior all round ball skills and uses the ball better in open play.

BoDiddley
12-9-10, 21:34
He didn't look a happy bunny today. It's worrying

kop144
12-9-10, 21:36
No problem.

You asked have we seen the best of Torres?

My answer, absolutely not. He can only get better and better, unless injuries stop him.

kop144
12-9-10, 21:37
Drogba is better, superior all round ball skills and uses the ball better in open play.

That's because Chelsea have players around him that have better movement off the ball than us.

RedSoxDae
12-9-10, 21:37
No problem.

You asked have we seen the best of Torres?

My answer, absolutely not. He can only get better and better, unless injuries stop him.

Cheers bud and hope your right.

You're reading something in my post that isn't there.

Yeh well long crap day mind not working probably. Can't believe it's ******* monday already...

Adeel90
12-9-10, 21:39
He didn't look a happy bunny today. It's worrying

Would you be happy with poulsen lucas maxi n jova supporting you? He clearly loves the club or he would of lost and just said the other day we should not worry about him giving us 'one more season' and that he has a contract until 2013. I don't have any reason not to believe him and i think your looking for something that isnt there tbh.

B-o-B
12-9-10, 21:40

Drogba :sleepy:

kop144
12-9-10, 21:41
Read post 15.

svm
12-9-10, 21:43
No, we haven't seen the best of Torres. As in any job, your working environment affects your performance. Put better players around him, improve the delivery to him and then see what he is still capable of.

Sneets
12-9-10, 21:45
That's because Chelsea have players around him that have better movement off the ball than us.

No, his ball control is superior to that of Torres as is his appreciation of when to go it alone or pass, he also involves himself in general play more than Torres.

Graggster
12-9-10, 21:45
His goal for spain last week was subline, top draw as good as any you will see.. so clearly not.

kop144
12-9-10, 21:48
Ask any Chelsea fan whether Drogba has better ball control than Ashley Cole, and they'd give you a wry smile and say no.

Alon1
12-9-10, 22:14
No, his ball control is superior to that of Torres as is his appreciation of when to go it alone or pass, he also involves himself in general play more than Torres.

Have you ever watched Drogba playing for Ivory Coast, if u would not Know him you could never think he is playing in Europe let alone the player you are describing.

B-o-B
12-9-10, 22:16
Have you ever watched Drogba playing for Ivory Coast, if u would not Know him you could never think he is playing in Europe let alone the player you are describing.

watch Torres play for Spain and few would describe him as the best in the world either. Or Ronaldo for Portugal. Or Messi for Argentina. Or Gerrard for England... etc :sleepy:

Fowi
12-9-10, 22:17
If you mean will he ever be better than in his first season here the answer is no so in that respect yes we've seen the best of him.

Alon1
12-9-10, 22:20
watch Torres play for Spain and few would describe him as the best in the world either. Or Ronaldo for Portugal. Or Messi for Argentina. Or Gerrard for England... etc :sleepy:

Maybe is up to the team he is playing with? Mind you Drogba is particularly crap with Ivory Coast.

DominusLesus
12-9-10, 22:22
When he stops having to listen to the sports physio guys about holding back in games we will see a player reminiscent of past years

SlimPickens
12-9-10, 22:22
Maybe is up to the team he is playing with? Mind you Drogba is particularly crap with Ivory Coast.

He's scored 45 goals in 71 games for them. He can't be that bad.

Alon1
12-9-10, 22:23
If you mean will he ever be better than in his first season here the answer is no so in that respect yes we've seen the best of him.

I think he can but it,s not only up to him
, we dont look half of the team than Y years ago.
I am not that worry about Torres, more concerned about Roy, don,t know what he is trying to do.

Alon1
12-9-10, 22:26
He's scored 45 goals in 71 games for them. He can't be that bad.

against who? I admit i havent seen him playing against the likes of Chad, etc, but everytime i have seen him in any tournament he has been average.

Mike90
12-9-10, 22:31
No we haven't.

Once the midfield is sorted out with the inclusion of Meireles then hopefully we'll start to see the best of him, same goes for Gerrard.

kop144
12-9-10, 22:40

Only Torres knows that to be honest.

SlimPickens
12-9-10, 22:44
against who? I admit i havent seen him playing against the likes of Chad, etc, but everytime i have seen him in any tournament he has been average.

He's has some good ACoN tournies.

KeemI
12-9-10, 22:51
He's has some good ACoN tournies.

He's only had a good one.

Pete_lad2014
12-9-10, 23:25
For me there is a simple answer if his injuries continue yes, if they dont then no. You only have to look between the start of March and mid April this year, he almost got fully fit and couldnt stop scoring.

TheSoundLady
6-1-13, 09:31
"The Torres Laugh"

his armband said he was a red torres torres
then traitor joined the blues instead torres torres
he warms a spot on the bench these days
and misses his chances whenever he plays
fernando torres, chelsea's substitute

LAUGH!

hahahaha hahahaha haha haha
hahahaha hahahaha haha haha

WindyShepherdHenderson
6-1-13, 09:33
ಠ_ಠ

Alon1
6-1-13, 10:14
:FP:

TheSoundLady
6-1-13, 14:13
:FP:
Yeah you did make some funny comments back in the day

SofKop
6-1-13, 14:48
It's been long enough that I don't even care if Torres goes and scores 50 goals during the rest of the season.

It would have been heartbreaking if he had been his best self when he first moved though.

YOUR-HIGHNESS
6-1-13, 14:54
I would say yes, his body language tells me that and with Ba coming in and looking more hungry he is looks in big trouble, reminds me of Joe cole for us except he has better stamina than cole just he seems to have lost the ability aswell as the hunger

Sunraged
6-1-13, 15:06
It would have been heartbreaking if he had been his best self when he first moved though.

Which is what I guess provided even more fuel to the sense of betrayal felt at his departure-me included.

'Stim
7-1-13, 19:43
Demba Ba showed up Torres for exactly what he is.....overpriced,overrated and over on the bench.

SofKop
7-1-13, 19:58
Which is what I guess provided even more fuel to the sense of betrayal felt at his departure-me included.

Definitely. The idea of Torres celebrating with the chavs made me feel sick. It's crazy how little we've seen it. He's only scored one important goal for them to date.

Jedidev
8-1-13, 00:33
imo As long as he's at the chavs i want him to play poor for going to a rival, but when he leaves and more than likely returns to atletico i'd love to see him do well i may even cheer him on lol

Mountainman
8-1-13, 01:20
He relies on pace. Not power. His pace is not where it used to be after the injuries.

And he has a more brittle confidence than many strikers.

He may still have some impressive games left in him, and he will score additional important goals. But I do not think he will be close to the top of any scoring chart from now on.

-Monk-
8-1-13, 01:23
imo opinion. As long as he's at the chavs i want him to play poor for going to a rival, but when he leaves and more than likely returns to atletico i'd love to see him do well i may even cheer him on lol

lol

tonylet
8-1-13, 17:16
A new movie (https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/543879_10151303635827860_365746282_n.jpg) starring Fernando.

Azzicle
9-1-13, 22:49
Seeing the scummy Chelsea fans jeering Torres left made me feel kinda sorry for him. Do you think if we made a bid and he took a pay cut he would accept? I think he would and would thrive playing with Suarez (ugh.. just the thought of it). Please no childish responses, there is enough of that on this forum as it is.

LordJamieOfCarragher
9-1-13, 22:50
Seeing the scummy Chelsea fans jeering Torres left made me feel kinda sorry for him. Do you think if we made a bid and he took a pay cut he would accept? I think he would and would thrive playing with Suarez (ugh.. just the thought of it). Please no childish responses, there is enough of that on this forum as it is.

You are now borderline trolling, pack it in!