PDA

View Full Version : The team needs it's 12th man

cravenz
17-10-10, 21:40
Alright guys. We've had a fair bit of bickering going on now about the manager, the players etc. We all would like to think we have a manager somewhere deep down in us. I'd like to think the same of myself too at times, but that isn't the point of this thread. This thread is not about criticism. It's about us, the fans. It's about being the 12th man that we are infamous for.

Firstly, I've never been inside Anfield and I'd love the chance to get around there some day. But it will be a while before I get to do that. Anyway, the point is, if I was there for the next match i.e. Blackburn, I'd be cheering the team on; once we are in the stadium, once we are in the hallowed pitch we know as Anfield, everything has to be put aside. We support the club, we support Liverpool and that includes the players when they are on the pitch.

I've said this in a couple of threads and this is my opinion obviously, but alright. The team is going through a bad patch, a lot of us are starting to doubt the manager, myself included. But if there was a time our team needed us, it's now. Shankly himself wanted us to be a club that it's fans could be proud of e.g. quote at Melwood that our new owner was pictured standing next to. We are famous for our voice, our passion and what are we doing now? We have to stop this bickering. Constructive criticism, I'm all for it. I'm sure some people will air their views with the new owners, but apart from that, there is not much we can do. So why not focus all our angst and unhappiness towards pushing our team?

We needed to get Hicks out. That was something we all got behind, stuck together and made a difference because we could. There is something else we can do and that's to support the club now more than ever. We have to support the players. We weren't like this before and this is not a debate about inheriting a team etc, we have decent players who we know can be better.

Right now our players are hurting and all we are doing is bickering and adding insult to injury. We ask for the passion from our players, but what about our passion? Where is our fire for the club? It's descended into harsh criticisms of our team. We can channel that to raising a loud chorus for our players in the next match. Again, like the John W. Henry model of success for business, success on the pitch gets success off it. For the fans, our success of seeing the team succeed and win us titles requires us to put in our support of the team, nothing more, nothing less.

There are some things we can't control entirely. At the moment, we want stability and like it or not, we are stuck with some of our players at least till January or even the season. But that's not the point. The point is to get behind the club. Think about it. If you are a player, you are on the field and you hear chants against you or you don't hear the supporters in tandem, how would you feel? To be encouraged, to be shouted and sung for unto the pitch is second to none. I'm sure some people do better with hearing criticism and a fire builds inside, but right now, our team is on such a low, such disappointment and if their 12th man walks away from supporting them, that friend they thought they could always lean on, how would they feel? How would you feel if you were a player on that pitch?

We are Anfield. We are the 12th man. Heck, we the fans make the club. It's our duty to support the club and get it through this difficult period. I'm not saying to celebrate losing. What I'm saying is, let's help them out the best way we know and that's by being the 12th man. We are the 12th man on European nights exclusively. We are world reknown. We are the fans. We need to go out there and instill some belief that our players lack right now. That's the least we can do.

If that isn't the half of it, let's show the new owners some gratitude whilst we are at it. I like a lot of what I've heard and seen and I think we have the right owners. But that is another thing altogether. I believe that we need to get behind the team the best way we know how to. We are the best supporters in the world and let's show the world why. If we can't get on the pitch and play for them, if we can't change the team's tactics, there is one thing we can do, is shout in one full chorus in support of our beloved club. We have absolutely nothing to lose by cheering them on instead of sitting there and feeding their sadness and disappointed. Let's give them what they need and what we know we can do.

YNWA. Keep the faith.

ShallowHal
17-10-10, 22:47
you're deluded mate , we need a new manager !!!!

TomHighwaysM16
17-10-10, 22:57
In fact I agree with the poster. Liverpool fans have been so intoxicated with the club's glorious history that we forgot how to celebrate good times. We may need a new manager, but it will not hurt the 12th man to be:

- intimidating
- loud
- turned on for most of the game
- positive

I am sure that 12th man helps a lot. These players are human ******* beings, people from flesh and blood, with emotions and fears. Giving them some ******* courage will not do us any harm. We need to stop behaving like trophies are our damn right. We need to earn them and we, the fans, need to show now what we're made of, as I see theater atmosphere for last 2 years. We're all in it together, or we're bunch of pussies who sing only when we're winning.

Mods - sry for swearing, I've been watching Gran Torino tonight. :)

fizzypop
17-10-10, 23:03
I think we need a new manager!

I never expected us to win today...

But I do think the season will kick off for us against Blackburn!

Anfield...lets hear her roar!

4thofficial
17-10-10, 23:03
Liverpool fans have never and will never get on the back of players that give 100% to the shirt. Whether they are world class or not. If they give all they have then they will get the backing of the fans. I believe when these players start showing that they are giving 100% then they will get the backing they deserve.

LiverpoolRealist
17-10-10, 23:08

Unfortunately the truth hurts some people but you're right.

I'm all for supporting the team wholeheartedly. However, it would help if they played like they knew what the hell they were doing on the pitch.

LiverpoolRealist
17-10-10, 23:11
Liverpool fans have never and will never get on the back of players that give 100% to the shirt. Whether they are world class or not. If they give all they have then they will get the backing of the fans. I believe when these players start showing that they are giving 100% then they will get the backing they deserve.

I've noticed. Whether they're crap or not, they still get the backing.

biggiemal
17-10-10, 23:17
12th man?

This team needs all seven subs on the pitch together with the starting 11 just to get a goal...

...maybe

:(

SayNOtoNANDO
17-10-10, 23:22
12th man?

This team needs all seven subs on the pitch together with the starting 11 just to get a goal...

...maybe

:(

True we do need alot more from the players but lets let them know who much we care on sunday we have to try something come on guys lets get behind them!

cravenz
18-10-10, 09:31

Mate, God knows I agree with you (reason why I said I don't think this is the thread to discuss this), but how is all the bickering about this on the boards going to help? I believe the fans are talking to J. Henry and he will be in touch with our staff; and he has personally seen how bad we look on the field himself. I'm sure he knows. But do we want to go out there, at Anfield, against Blackburn and show him how much we hate the team and make him think twice? Or should we go out there and spur on the team in a way that we know best?

I agree, but when the whole team looks lost, if we all sit there and keep quiet because no one is going to give 100%, what good does that do? There is more to gain by trying to give them that extra push. Again, imagine walking out to the chorus of supporters chanting for you and spurring you on as a player.

cravenz
18-10-10, 09:34
Unfortunately the truth hurts some people but you're right.

I'm all for supporting the team wholeheartedly. However, it would help if they played like they knew what the hell they were doing on the pitch.

Again, same response as on my last message. I know our team is rubbish and if you have read some of my posts on the other threads going around already, you will know that I agree the team is playing absolute dosh at the moment. I have my view on why we are playing like that and I've already pointed my finger, but what more can we do? Shout against the team and tell them they are ****? Protest again? Yes, we are fans and the fans are the heartbeat of the club, but there is more to it and to assume that fan power is everything can become a dangerous proposition in as much as it is to just run a club as a profit item. Too much of one thing is often not a good thing.

True we do need alot more from the players but lets let them know who much we care on sunday we have to try something come on guys lets get behind them!

Exactly.

Vern1325
18-10-10, 09:37
- intimidating
- loud
- positive

the team play boring side ways and back passes , i cant get mad for it with the way we play sorry.

poulsen is the worse buy ever. a old Lucas me thinks.

Raul looks good, needs to play in middle with Gerrard.

wheres Pacheco, Shelvey :mad:

cravenz
18-10-10, 09:42
- intimidating
- loud
- positive

the team play boring side ways and back passes , i cant get mad for it with the way we play sorry.

poulsen is the worse buy ever. a old Lucas me thinks.

Raul looks good, needs to play in middle with Gerrard.

wheres Pacheco, Shelvey :mad:

I agree with the bit in bold, not saying I don't agree with the rest of the post. But the point is that we can cheer them on, keep the team on their toes, be positive for them. We can be the 12th man to edge the team forward. We can warn them if they have a man behind them, we can see the things they can't being in the position we are it. That's what I believe we can do. We can help the team, or at least try.

Nine-Eight-Nine
18-10-10, 09:50
But I do think the season will kick off for us against Blackburn!

Wow really? I am so sick of hearing that our season will start in the next match. BS! our season started back in August at the same time as everyone else. Let me guess, a loss against Blackburn and our season will start at the Reebok? :sleepy:

cravenz
18-10-10, 11:10
I wish people would realise that we can't change some things, if Roy is going to be given time by the owners for example, there is nothing much more we can do. Support the team, stop the bickering and the negativity. Even if we want to criticise, let's be constructive about it not going on and on in circles. It's really getting quite annoying to read.

cravenz
18-10-10, 18:00
Alright, in the past, we all had a common goal, get rid of Hicks etc.

Now to some extent, everyone is turning on Roy, but link back issues to previous managers and issues of who to replace and needless arguments are starting to break. I really wish people could agree to disagree better on the boards and to accept our place on the team, as the 12th man :D

blaze31
18-10-10, 18:07
I think we need 15men to be honest!

I really really cant see us getting out of this anytime soon! you just know Hodgson wont change personal or tactics!

This is the perfect time to blood new youngsters as in Pacheco, Shelvey, Eccleston (not all at the same time) but id sure as hell have Shelvey in instead of Poulsen/Lucas and give Eccleston a go on right wing/striker.

but you just know Hodgson will go with Lucas, Poulsen, in the centre mid against blackburn at home.

:mad:

cravenz
18-10-10, 18:17
I think we need 15men to be honest!

I really really cant see us getting out of this anytime soon! you just know Hodgson wont change personal or tactics!

This is the perfect time to blood new youngsters as in Pacheco, Shelvey, Eccleston (not all at the same time) but id sure as hell have Shelvey in instead of Poulsen/Lucas and give Eccleston a go on right wing/striker.

but you just know Hodgson will go with Lucas, Poulsen, in the centre mid against blackburn at home.

:mad:

Exactly why I think we need to at least get behind the team. We were thanked for our part in pushing our team in cup runs, no reason why we should abandon them now. We support the club and no matter who trots out, we need to respect them and support them. The players are chosen by the manager and we may not like the selection, but once they are out on the pitch, we have to support them.

blaze31
18-10-10, 18:47
Exactly why I think we need to at least get behind the team. We were thanked for our part in pushing our team in cup runs, no reason why we should abandon them now. We support the club and no matter who trots out, we need to respect them and support them. The players are chosen by the manager and we may not like the selection, but once they are out on the pitch, we have to support them.

il never not support them pal, but sometime you just feel like your banging your head against a wall!!
we all know where we'd change the team tactics/personal i dare say most of the team know what needs to be done!!

if we're gunna go down lets go down fighting forward for **** sake. instead of sitting back and watching a disaster come true.

TheKarlHeinzeRiddler
18-10-10, 18:51
Sing 'till the ground shakes.
Sing so these players know who they play for and what it means.
Sing so Blackburn know they are at ANFIELD.
Sing to make us all proud.

Oh and call Fat Sam a greasy **** at every opportunity too.

cravenz
18-10-10, 19:33
il never not support them pal, but sometime you just feel like your banging your head against a wall!!
we all know where we'd change the team tactics/personal i dare say most of the team know what needs to be done!!

if we're gunna go down lets go down fighting forward for **** sake. instead of sitting back and watching a disaster come true.

I know. I feel the same way mate. But I think we all need to get together instead of fighting with each other like in a few of the other threads that are running on the boards. We as fans should be the ones singing and taking the challenge to both the players and the manager and our owners. They gotta know we are rallying behind them. They gotta know we will not stand for this any longer. And we can do that in just the same way as the next quote mentioned.

The whole purpose of this thread and the other "Feel Good Thread" are the only positive, well, semi-positive threads floating around, the others are all negative and that's the state we are in. Make no mistake about it. But we have to fight together, and fight to bring our team back and do it the way as fans we know how.

It saddens me to see the boards as is, and we can't even get together a rallying cry for the team.

Sing 'till the ground shakes.
Sing so these players know who they play for and what it means.
Sing so Blackburn know they are at ANFIELD.
Sing to make us all proud.

Oh and call Fat Sam a greasy **** at every opportunity too.

Exactly mate. We are Liverpool, we are Anfield. We have to get back to where we believe we should be and it can start with us, the fans, supporting our team against Blackburn at home. We can instill that belief even if others won't. We have that opportunity. If someone else won't, the 12th man can. And if we can't, who else can?!

I'd love to see more people get on with this and to give our players a much need push. I'm not on other boards, but hopefully there are people out there who would do the same.

cperchard
18-10-10, 20:06
i think we need about 24 men let alone 12!

snot-face
18-10-10, 20:09
yeah your right mate it's our fault the team play like this.

cravenz
18-10-10, 20:19
yeah your right mate it's our fault the team play like this.

If you read my post properly and other posts on the board you will know where I am coming from. You obviously haven't even read my post properly. My point is simply let's try and be there for the team. It's just like helping out a mate. When they are down, are we going to sit there and laugh at them or are we going to try and help them get back on their feet?

cravenz
19-10-10, 19:51
Shameless bump :scarf

TheKarlHeinzeRiddler
19-10-10, 20:30
I'm a Liverpool supporter, I support this club and I love this club.

I will sing and cheer this club.

I want these players to feel my pride. They didn't turn **** overnight, they lost their confidence and every bad pass or scuffed shot met with increasing shouts of "****s sake!" are gonna make it worse.

I know it's hard but we're not fair weather. We are LFC and we follow through the Wind and the Rain.

I won't be there on Sunday so this might be a little hypocritical but I hope that this sentiment is echoed by as many who can be there as possible.

YNWA!

cravenz
19-10-10, 20:37
I'm a Liverpool supporter, I support this club and I love this club.

I will sing and cheer this club.

I want these players to feel my pride. They didn't turn **** overnight, they lost their confidence and every bad pass or scuffed shot met with increasing shouts of "****s sake!" are gonna make it worse.

I know it's hard but we're not fair weather. We are LFC and we follow through the Wind and the Rain.

I won't be there on Sunday so this might be a little hypocritical but I hope that this sentiment is echoed by as many who can be there as possible.

YNWA!

exactly how I feel mate. That was the point of this thread. A rallying cry of sorts but people on the boards seem to just bang on about things that are not within their power to change and get so negative it really permeates into the atmosphere of the boards. I have to admit that I'm a little disappointed. Maybe I didn't use enough swear words :D

MaradonaJunior
20-10-10, 07:42
exactly how I feel mate. That was the point of this thread. A rallying cry of sorts but people on the boards seem to just bang on about things that are not within their power to change and get so negative it really permeates into the atmosphere of the boards. I have to admit that I'm a little disappointed. Maybe I didn't use enough swear words :D

Well, while I agree with your points I think you have made this post at a bad time. We haven't heard Anfield post-Hicks yet and I am confident that there will be a difference in support on sunday, maybe we will see it in red instead of black again.

My point being that sure we need to know our place as the 12th man, the ones who gives out confidence instead of taking it away from our players, but with everything that has been going on, I think it's too early to say how we react.

cravenz
20-10-10, 11:46
Well, while I agree with your points I think you have made this post at a bad time. We haven't heard Anfield post-Hicks yet and I am confident that there will be a difference in support on sunday, maybe we will see it in red instead of black again.

My point being that sure we need to know our place as the 12th man, the ones who gives out confidence instead of taking it away from our players, but with everything that has been going on, I think it's too early to say how we react.

I don't agree about the timing, if we were in good times and everything was fine and dandy, I'd never have made this thread in the first place. The whole reason I've made this is because the whole team has lost its way and even the fans in recent games.

It is precisely why I've made the topic, to question the fans allegiances, to the club or are we just mere glory hunters that let the whole world know what we are when we are in the driver's seat? And from what I know, it shouldn't be the latter.

Another point of this was to rally everyone together, sure we have our differences about who we are unhappy about and small squabbles about tactics and stuff, but surely that shouldn't prevail over our passion for football and the club itself. Granted we are not playing well, and we shouldn't be cheering poor play per say, but what I am trying to say is that we should be there for the team, we know they can play better, they lack confidence and what better way than to shout them onto the pitch and give them a breath of fresh air instead of adding to the dull mood around Anfield at the moment. They stand a far greater chance of performing better that way than for us to continue being totally unhappy about our performances.

I'm sure the owners know what is going on, they also know where we are on the table. They are winners, they aren't here for the quick buck. We shouldn't be adding to the demise of our club, we should be supporting them at this very moment when they need us, not dessert them and be all cautious about everything. We have ushered in a new era of getting rid of the past owners, lets not waste our opportunities to show the world the united fan base we have instead of bickering over things we can't at this point in time change.

We won't stand for mediocrity but if our own fans succumb to it, surely you'll realise how much of an effect it has on our own team players.

MaradonaJunior
20-10-10, 12:02
I'm not arguing that we shouldn't help drag the players out of the current confidence crisis... Merely that we experienced a very muffled Anfield at least to some degree due to the previous owners and now that they are gone, full volume should be back. I just don't see why we should make a rallying call before we know if the atmosphere is back to its noisy old self.

I do commend you on your passion on the subject, and wish I hadn't so many in the last 24... maybe later though :scarf

cravenz
20-10-10, 14:13
I'm not arguing that we shouldn't help drag the players out of the current confidence crisis... Merely that we experienced a very muffled Anfield at least to some degree due to the previous owners and now that they are gone, full volume should be back. I just don't see why we should make a rallying call before we know if the atmosphere is back to its noisy old self.

I do commend you on your passion on the subject, and wish I hadn't so many in the last 24... maybe later though :scarf

Haha no biggie mate. Wasn't arguing with you either, just clarifying my stance and am open to debate if I made a wrong interpretation on yours :D

But I agree with you definitely and hopefully we can see things getting better at Blackburn with a raucous crowd at Anfield. I really wish I could visit.

I wish I could have a few myself. I'm allergic to the drink, or something in it and I have exams coming up.

CorkDork
20-10-10, 14:19
If Roy had any control over the "twelfth man", he play them out of position too - at goodison maybe

cravenz
20-10-10, 14:23
If Roy had any control over the "twelfth man", he play them out of position too - at goodison maybe

:D

:scarf

cravenz
22-10-10, 10:33
Alright. Even if no one agrees with this, I'm kinda hoping that the crowd will still cheer the team on on Sunday against Blackburn and to give a great welcome to our new owners :scarf

cravenz
24-10-10, 10:07
Roy: The 12th man can lift us (http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/the-12th-man-can-lift-us)

As said in a couple of other threads, I hope once our fans step into the stadium, we concentrate on supporting the club.

-------------------------------------

Roy Hodgson has called on the Anfield crowd to be at their best to help Liverpool secure a vital three points against Blackburn Rovers at Anfield today.
Related Links

The Liverpool manager believes the 12th man can lift the team and make life difficult for Sam Allardyce's team as the Reds look to get back to winning ways in the Barclays Premier League.

"What we need most of all is a little bit of help along the way from our supporters because we are battling hard, and I don't think we are playing as badly as the league table suggests," Hodgson told Liverpoolfc.tv.

"We are all very disappointed that things have gone so badly but if our fans can get behind the team and give us that famous backing that will help us.

"The 12th man is important and always will be at this club. We want to play well and play some good football.

"I do understand that to give people something to cheer about we've got to start winning games. We need the crowd to help us win games and they need us to win games to bring out the best in their support.

"Every match is a big test and we know that Blackburn are a well organised team. They have got their style of play, they ask a lot of questions of the opposition defensively especially from set plays and it won't be an easy game.

"In this league you have to deal with that threat and we've just got to make sure we are good at what we do and the most important thing is to get the win.

"Scoring the first goal is important and we have not done that very often this season.

"We always seem to be chasing the game and trying to find a way back into it, so if we could get a good start and an early goal that would ease the tension and the nerves."

Hodgson also reported that Fernando Torres has been looking sharp in training and ready to hit the goal trail once again in a red shirt.

The boss added: "Fernando has been firing on all cylinders in training this week so I'm really looking forward to seeing him play against Blackburn, because if he is half as good as what he has been on the training field then he will cause Blackburn problems.

"It has taken Fernando a bit of time to get sharp again but certainly I see signs now that he is getting back to his best.

"You just have to keep the faith and have confidence in Torres because with him you know his best form is going to return because quality is eternal."

cravenz
10-11-10, 12:12
Reclaim the KOP Video (http://forums.liverpoolfc.tv/showthread.php?t=151431)

cravenz
5-6-11, 11:02
Thats the point, you seem to think every fan is like you, I on the other hand don't think its part and parcel of being a fan.

Whilst i may think certain players aren't particularly good i wouldn't start a thread to ridicule his ambition to stay, its almost cowardly. As much as in your opinion Poulsen isn't worthy i've also seen it with Kuyt consistently, Lucas, Spearing, Kyriacos, Johnson, Insua, Aurelio, Alonso and Mascherano even Carroll been getting it.

Don't judge everyone by your standards, you might well be happy to jump on the bandwagon and kick a guy when he's down but i don't, if he's happy to give 100% and treat the shirt with respect then thats fine by me, i'm not here as the almighy to judge whether he's good enough to grace the club or not. My concern only arises if he decides to act like an idiot and mouthing off about how he deserves to be in the team and mouthing off to the press about how if he doesn't get chances he'll leave etc etc. Poulsen hasn't done anything like that and has acted as the model professional however frustrating his Liverpool career may have been so far.

Liverpool has always been about the fight, the desire to win against all odds, so nothing would be sweeter than seeing a player who is criticised earn the respect of the fans such as the likes of Lucas.

Being a fan to me is supporting the club, the players, through thick and thin, not just when things are going well, perhaps thats what the difference between you and I.

Thought this should be put here; hope the poster doesn't mind.

cravenz
5-6-11, 11:11
A re-hash of a previous topic as well re: Hindsight, Liverpool and our future (http://forums.liverpoolfc.tv/showthread.php?t=232962&highlight=hindsight).

It is an absolutely wonderful thing is it not? We are going through our brightest patch of the season, not only on the pitch, but as a club on the whole. The positivity we see is infectious and at times, exhilarating. This positivity is spreading through the whole fan base, coursing through the players and there is now a real belief that we can challenge; and maybe, just maybe, teams will start to fear us again.

The King is right. When the club and everyone associated with the club, including the fans, pull in the same direction, there will only be one result, the direction we are pulling for. Sometimes, I feel, in this current green patch, what we feel is almost like stuff made for dreams. It is some romance. Think about it.

Hindsight, as brilliant as it may be, may make you wonder about what could have happened had something been done differently and one of the things thrown up into the air is whether Kenny should have been installed as manager at the beginning of this season. But how often does hindsight help you solve a problem unless it is a recurring event?

What we are seeing right now, the momentum, the love, the fantasy, the way everything has been pieced together, is only something this wonderfully historic club has been able to build up to. We went through our darkest times in recent years, many promises were broken and at times, the fans were left wondering what was becoming of their beloved club. I've been there and I'm sure many of you have been. But let me bring you back to that question when I said, think about it. The timing of everything has been wonderful and how often have we mentioned the woeful timing of a player who recently departed us?

Had Kenny come in prior, he would have worked under the previous owners. I'm not saying that it would not have been a similar outcome as we are seeing now. We just wouldn't know. But to me, everything just seems that much sweeter the way it has panned out. Sure, we have not won a trophy, we have not won a league championship just yet and under the King, we have just 4 wins out of a possible 6 games so far. But the large disparity in change that we see at LFC now, again, is almost night and day. From a state of utter despair, we look almost euphoric at times now.

Our new owners swooped in at a time when the value of LFC was at a down low and depending on how you look at it, it was a real swindle of epic proportions. We are a great club with true tradition and a global fan base. It was the best deal that the then NESV, now FSG, could have gotten. They took us out of the hands of wretched owners whose time here best be forgotten and slowly, the cogs started turning.

We had Roy who really perhaps, was here at the wrong time and we went through some truly horrific performances on the field and fault should be shared by everyone. But when it all seemed to work against us, yet again, we had the King installed into the hot seat. There were questions over his legendary status should he not succeed with the club, but again, think about it. If he had taken the club earlier on, it would have been under different pressures and personally, there was more chance of it failing then. Now, the timing of the King's return, there really was nothing much to lose. He believed and he knew, he would answer the call to LFC. It was a match made in heaven. I believe that he will bring back the good times to LFC and he already has. It made the motivation and the mood change that much more to have a club legend that many respected to be back at the helm. It really wouldn't have been that sweet had it happened earlier. At least, that is what I believe.

Heck, we could be 6 losses out of 6 matches, but how's hindsight helpful there? We live in the here and now; and that's the real point. We focus on what we can change, what we can do and that is why we look towards the future. LFC is going through a transition, but it some ways, it looks as if we are going back to our grass roots. We look like we are trying to instill that old boot room mentality and to keep things within the club. We are going back to our glory days, a time when there was more respect, integrity and in the words of the King and even our new owners, "no one player is bigger than the club".

Things at the moment, couldn't be better at this club. We have owners who now understand the fans, who are willing to learn and understand a model of success that the fans believe in, and who look as if they would do anything to bring success back to this club.

As a club, we never really did things the easy way. Just think of the two recent trophies we won, the FA Cup and the Champions League. We took it to the absolute brink. We don't know easy. We do it hard. We are LFC, we are built and associated to a working class city and that is how it is, we fight to achieve and achieve we will. I may never have grown up in the glory days. I was born in 1984 and I never really followed LFC more closely than in the last 5 years. Prior to which I just watched and followed the team. I won't go into what drew me to LFC, but suffice to say, it was the club, its tradition and its fans.

So often of late we have bemoaned the timing of a particular players departure, but perhaps, it was just meant to be. It could have and I put it across, that it galvanised the team even more than ever. It was all in the timing. It is easy to look back now and say this, but that is the way it is. You look back, take the positives and move on. I digress.

Make no mistake. Hindsight is wonderful at times, but when it bears no good to the future, it is better left behind and concentration on the here and now will be a more fruitful event. Kenny has turned our club a whole 180 degrees, we are all in it together now. Times may get hard, but we know, we know we have what it takes to achieve, we just have to believe. Our club needs us, as its fans, as its 12th man, to be with it through thick and thin and right now, we are the future of LFC. Turn back the clocks and I would have it no other way. I've learnt to accept the cards that life has dealt me and I think LFC right now, is headed in the right direction. The stars are slowly aligning and I truly believe that we are not far from greatness again. I may be wrong, but I don't think I am wrong in thinking that we have a chance to make it back to the top. We do. We just need to take it.

Our future is in our hands, the clubs. The many phrases I've taken away of late are: "no player is bigger than the club", "keep the faith" and "you'll never walk alone". I hope and pray, one day, I can come back to look at this and say, this, this truly was the club's turning point. I believe in this club and my love and affection for LFC is right up there. I'm proud. I'm proud to be a fan of the best club in world football and to be amongst all of you as fans of this historic club. And long may it continue.

We now have a club where everything seems to be aligned. Is there anything else missing? Perhaps, but if there isn't. It is our time. We are coming back. We are LFC. There is no easy way for us.

Written shortly after the King arrived and long may the King sit on his throne :scarf

cravenz
14-8-11, 17:03
In light of our second half yesterday, I thought I'd bump this.

RedKite
14-8-11, 19:13
Against Sunderland, I felt the Kop was quieter than expected. It seemed to need stoking up to support the team when it was struggling.

cravenz
3-4-12, 08:03
Reminded of this in another thread.

Whilst the circumstances are different, the substance of my OP remains the same. I think it is a natural consequence of being a supporter of the club that we should be supporting the team and manager unless an exceptional situation arises. It could be argued that we have reached a juncture that a decision may have to be made, but in my opinion, until one is made, the team needs our support.

For the very same reasons that I've mentioned in the OP, I think it is absolutely imperative that we stick together on this. If there is no one else motivating the team, then we need to do it, if not for any other reason, then because we can. I understand that yes, we also want to see the team perform, but perhaps when all the chips are down, we need to bring it all back up. We have that opportunity and to dismiss it because the team are in "shambles" is a cop out. We do what we can. We can rant all we want, but at the end of the day, we support this club.

The bickering on these boards are a painful sight if I'm honest. It reminds me of the frustrating times we have been through only not too long ago. But I then console myself with the thought that our club just doesn't do things easy. That's LFC. When we then come through the storm, the victory is that much sweeter.

Anyhow, I'll cut this short. There is so much more I could say, but I think we need to remember at this time, that we are all family within the club, we all have our opinions no matter how much they differ, but what we all share in common is that we support the club, and only want the best for it.

YNWA.

RiiseAgainst
3-4-12, 08:24
I read the first few comments in this thread without checking the date it was posted and I facepalmed so hard. :D

cravenz
3-4-12, 08:26
I read the first few comments in this thread without checking the date it was posted and I facepalmed so hard. :D

:D

longstebe
3-4-12, 08:57
It got me too. But good post.

kickthetyres
3-4-12, 10:07

I'll take that facepalming too. Was thinking...'what ARE you gibbering on about, we're playing Blackburn at Ewood Park not Anfield, but we've got Villa before...", then looked at the date. :FP:

Damn necroposters...:D

cravenz
3-4-12, 13:46
I'll take that facepalming too. Was thinking...'what ARE you gibbering on about, we're playing Blackburn at Ewood Park not Anfield, but we've got Villa before...", then looked at the date. :FP:

Damn necroposters...:D

I only bumped my own thread to be fair. See above for context :IN:

ghyllred
5-4-12, 09:55
Without doubt this is true at the moment. Put aside yr reservations about team and Kenny (and heaven knows i have loads) and support them cos thats what they need now.

What we all want on Sat is a morale boosting win against Villa to set us up for semi next weekend. Of course 2 cups would represent a success but a successful season? No. The lge is our bread and butter and we've failed spectacularly in that department. Maybe the "project" was to grab a cup or two and build on the confidence that would give us. Well I dont disagree with that synopsis at all but for me it would have to have been alongside progress in the lge-say 5th place -and that hasnt happened. So whatever Kenny says he cannot put his hand on heart and say there has been progress in the league can he?

We clearly havent had that and have gone backwards. Why? Lack of goals and the Suarez affair both contributed but i think the truth is a lack of quality in our squad. Whatever Kenny or others say about this squad-plenty of effort/resiliant/- what it doesnt have is quality. Aside from Gerrard and Suarez and possibly Reina (and of course Lucas when fit), what other players in our squad would get into any of the other squads in the top 5?

This summer will be our most vital for years-2 others come to mind-2002 when Houllier bought rubbish after finishing 2nd and 2009 when Rafa wasnt backed by Laurel and Hardy just when we needed big investment. My worry about this summer is who of the top players will come to Liverpool because, lets be honest thats what we need-quality not journeymen like Adam or Downing. Carroll needs to go, albeit at a big loss. Apart from the FAC Id be tempted to play some of our reserves in the lge-Sterling/Suso and see what happens.

So for now we need to get behind the team for the remainder of the season and just hope that we get it right this summer so we can actually challenge for a top 4 place.

cravenz
5-4-12, 10:11
In theory, that could be merged into this: http://forums.liverpoolfc.tv/threads/207832-The-team-needs-it-s-12th-man :IN:

Seanosdelgardo
5-4-12, 10:13
In theory, that could be merged into this: http://forums.liverpoolfc.tv/threads/207832-The-team-needs-it-s-12th-man :IN:

Less talky more mergy.

BlackRott
5-4-12, 10:15
I support the team, I just don't support crap players like Adam and Carroll. Henderson is young and is being played out of position so he can be given some leeway. Downing is like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, one week he is good the next week he is the worst winger ever to play the game.

bonou2
5-4-12, 10:19
THE players deserve nothing they don't give a **** about the supporters they are nothing short of cowards who don't even try F um.

BlackRott
5-4-12, 10:21
THE players deserve nothing they don't give a **** about the supporters they are nothing short of cowards who don't even try F um.

Come on now lets not blame all the players.

rcsc1
5-4-12, 10:28
I support the club first then the manager, The club comes first. if its not performing on the pitch the Manager has to be responsible, but must be given a chance to fix those problems after that if its still failing, then a new manager must be appointed, you can blame the players on the pitch and everyone of then will tell you they are the best. (which is not always true) but the manager must make those decisions or move them on.

ghyllred
5-4-12, 10:34
I support the club first then the manager, The club comes first. if its not performing on the pitch the Manager has to be responsible, but must be given a chance to fix those problems after that if its still failing, then a new manager must be appointed, you can blame the players on the pitch and everyone of then will tell you they are the best. (which is not always true) but the manager must make those decisions or move them on.

Totally agree. The club must come first.

cravenz
14-4-14, 02:09
Nice to see the 12th man in full swing :)

paul143
14-4-14, 07:10
Nice to see the 12th man in full swing :)

Any truth in the rumour that Disaster Area knocked on Anfield's doors to complain about the noise?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqvYNlUIx8Q