PDA

View Full Version : Hodgson: "Compare us after 10 games..."

BR0ADSWORD
24-10-10, 19:50
... well 10 games was today and I believe if we play that way each time at home and play tight, counter attacking football away from home - we will rise up the table very quickly indeed.

It was a good display and some very promising football was seen and the more the confidience grows, the better I hope we will perform.

Good job RED MEN... more please!

djskuff
24-10-10, 19:51
Wasn't it the 9th league game today?

BR0ADSWORD
24-10-10, 19:52
It was but with Europe, its near enough... and hey who's complaining at it being a game early :)

Luca05-10-09
24-10-10, 19:52
... well 10 games was today and I believe if we play that way each time at home and play tight, counter attacking football away from home - we will rise up the table very quickly indeed.

It was a good display and some very promising football was seen and the more the confidience grows, the better I hope we will perform.

It was only the 9th mate

Mike-91
24-10-10, 19:53
It was the 9th match today.

BR0ADSWORD
24-10-10, 19:56
It was only the 9th mate

It was the 9th match today.

Yes you're both right! My mistake.

-Gola-
come back in a week when we've been outmuscled and dominated by big kevin davies next week :D

pudlian4life
its two wins in 9 !!! even if he makes it three in 10 !! not acceptable !!

we are liverpool football club !!

we deserve the very best of everything :mad::mad::mad:

roy is not the calibur our club inhales !!

we want the best of the best !!

we want to break records !!:scarf

Luca05-10-09
Yes you're both right! My mistake.

;)

-Gola-
24-10-10, 19:57
It was but with Europe, its near enough... and hey who's complaining at it being a game early :)

if your counting european games it would be near on 20

BR0ADSWORD
MODS: Can you lock this until next week please? :D

Luca05-10-09

Calibre

BR0ADSWORD
24-10-10, 19:58
if your counting european games it would be near on 20

I was just trying to get out of a hole ;)

Fowi
24-10-10, 19:58
Why do people keep harping on about this crap? He never asked to be judged after 10 league games. It's like twilight zone in here.

Luca05-10-09
24-10-10, 19:59
Why do people keep harping on about this crap? He never asked to be judged after 10 league games. It's like twilight zone in here.

He did, he said judge us after 10 games

BR0ADSWORD
24-10-10, 19:59

I'm not judging him Fowi you miserable sod - just being positive about our team!

LLS
24-10-10, 20:01
Winning away at Bolton will be brilliant for Roy and the team. I hope we can do it :)

Fowi
24-10-10, 20:01
He did, he said judge us after 10 games

Find me a quote where he says this.

HuytonHuyton
24-10-10, 20:03
http://www.clickliverpool.com/sport/liverpool-fc/1210662-judge-us-after-10-games,-roy-hodgson-urges-liverpool-fc-fans.html

doesn't say judge after ten, but thats the implication.

Fowi
24-10-10, 20:04
http://www.clickliverpool.com/sport/liverpool-fc/1210662-judge-us-after-10-games,-roy-hodgson-urges-liverpool-fc-fans.html

No. What he says is that the table changes a lot each week due to few games being played. After 10 games then you can start considering the table.

I don't know why this is so difficult to understand. He doesn't speak in codes.

Mike-91
24-10-10, 20:05

Doesn't say anything about having people having to judge him after 10 games.

What a big myth this is.

HuytonHuyton
24-10-10, 20:08
"I think tables are of no interest until at least ten games have been played. Then you start looking to see how big a gap there is between yourself and the top teams or between yourself and the bottom teams. I don't think you worry about that after three games.

That paragraph basically means don't comment now when we've only played 3 games, wait until 10 games then you can judge how good we are based on the league table.

Luca05-10-09
24-10-10, 20:10
That paragraph basically means don't comment now when we've only played 3 games, wait until 10 games then you can judge how good we are based on the league table.

Exactly.

I dont know whats so hard to see about that

HuytonHuyton
24-10-10, 20:14
Exactly.

I dont know whats so hard to see about that

Whats hard is the fact that they don't want to believe he said or meant what he said

9 game into the league and we've won 2, both at home.

I don't want Hodgson sacked, I will give him time.

But he did mean judge me after 10 games, not 3.

Fowi
24-10-10, 20:14

No it doesn't. He was responding to questions about being 14th after 3 games and rightly said the league table is irrelevant after 3 games.

If you're going to judge him you can judge him the same after 7 or 11 games. If a few games changes your mind about the manager then it's all irrelevant really.

Luca05-10-09
24-10-10, 20:16
Whats hard is the fact that they don't want to believe he said or meant what he said

9 game into the league and we've won 2, both at home.

I don't want Hodgson sacked, I will give him time.

But he did mean judge me after 10 games, not 3.

Spot on

FIOS
24-10-10, 20:17
He clearly didn't say judge him after 10 games but what exactly would it accomplish if you did it anyway?

Even if he meant to say judge him after 10 games then what would be the point in giving him 10 league games to prove himself?

HuytonHuyton
24-10-10, 20:17
No it doesn't. He was responding to questions about being 14th after 3 games and rightly said the league table is irrelevant after 3 games.

If you're going to judge him you can judge him the same after 7 or 11 games. If a few games changes your mind about the manager then it's all irrelevant really.

Yes, he then basically says the league table is relevant after 10 games.

So that means don't comment on us after 3 games as its pointless, wait until 10 games, then you will have a better idea of were we are at.

If you can't see that you are daft.

What is he going on about 10 games for then?

Fowi
24-10-10, 20:18
Yes, he then basically says the league table is relevant after 10 games.

So that means don't comment on us after 3 games as its pointless, wait until 10 games, then you will have a better idea of were we are at.

If you can't see that you are daft.

Because he was asked if being 14th after 3 games bothers him.

HuytonHuyton
24-10-10, 20:18
He clearly didn't say judge him after 10 games but what exactly would it accomplish if you did it anyway?

Even if he meant to say judge him after 10 games then what would be the point in giving him 10 league games to prove himself?

So what does he mean when referring to 10 games? Not to look at table after 3 games but after 10?

Basically, you can't comment after 3 games, you need 10 at least to make a judgement.

Fowi
24-10-10, 20:19
So what does he mean when referring to 10 games? Not to look at table after 3 games but after 10?

Basically, you can't comment after 3 games, you need 10 at least to make a judgement.

He was talking about the table. If you lose the first 3 games you can easily judge that you're utter dog crap.

FIOS
24-10-10, 20:19

It was just an arbitrary figure he pulled out of his arse for a nice tidy little soundbite. The problem is people take these things as gospel. It's ridiculous.

Fowi
24-10-10, 20:20
It was just an arbitrary figure he pulled out of his arse for a nice tidy little soundbite. The problem is people take these things as gospel. It's ridiculous.

That is surreal. People are sitting and counting 10 games ever since game 3. If you hate him after 6 games you really shouldn't change your mind after 10.

HuytonHuyton
24-10-10, 20:21
Because he was asked if being 14th after 3 games bothers him.

Yes he was, so he said no because you cant judge after 3 games can you which is right? He then says tables are no interest until 10 games, which then means judge us after 10 games, which is a better number of games to judge the team on.

Luca05-10-09
24-10-10, 20:21
He was talking about the table. If you lose the first 3 games you can easily judge that you're utter dog crap.

If you lost the first 3 games then you are utter dog crap

WanMankyLung
24-10-10, 20:23
We are 18th after roughly a quarter of the season and have 9 points. That's relegation form.

Fowi
24-10-10, 20:23
Yes he was, so he said no because you cant judge after 3 games can you which is right? He then says tables are no interest until 10 games, which then means judge us after 10 games, which is a better number of games to judge the team on.

You can judge after 3 games. We judged after 3 games that we were not particularly good. What is irrelevant after 3 games is where you are in the table because it is a lot of randomness that determines whether 4 points gets you to 5th or 15th after 3 games.

Mike-91
24-10-10, 20:24
I find it really funny, Roy says this and no one forgets but Rafa guarantees 4th last season and no one wants to remember it.

Luca05-10-09
24-10-10, 20:27
I find it really funny, Roy says this and no one forgets but Rafa guarantees 4th last season and no one wants to remember it.

What you on about?

Im sure there was about 10,0000 threads on Rafa saying that

HuytonHuyton
That is surreal. People are sitting and counting 10 games ever since game 3. If you hate him after 6 games you really shouldn't change your mind after 10.

I am not counting games. I couldn't give a **** if it comes together now or after 30 games, as long as we improve.

No one is hating him, but if after 8 games (before today), you have won 1, despite playing Sunderland and Blackpool at home, then you need to be asked why.

He said the table is now interest after 3 games, which means its pointless, which means you can't gauge or judge a team on 3 games, espcially against the teams we played. He then says 10 games he will worry about the table, which means he will gauge or judge the situation.

Why can't you see that?

No one is hating him, I am not counting games. But he basically said 10 games is a time when to assess things, which in turn means judge things.

Get a grip and stop reading it with "Roy does not wrong" gigs on.

Mike-91
What you on about?

Im sure there was about 10,0000 threads on Rafa saying that

Yes and half the people going "What was he suppose to say?

BR0ADSWORD
24-10-10, 20:28

a) I can't count clearly as I started this thread with only 9 games played!!

b) I've not judged Roy or asked for his head at anytime since his tenure started - just praised the performance and asked for more today.

c) I was being positive about our team and stupidly linked it up against a comment our manager said!

d) loosen up Fowi - you're turnng into a bit of chump!!

HuytonHuyton
24-10-10, 20:29
You can judge after 3 games. We judged after 3 games that we were not particularly good. What is irrelevant after 3 games is where you are in the table because it is a lot of randomness that determines whether 4 points gets you to 5th or 15th after 3 games.

Yes, so he said judge me/us after 10 games.

Fowi
I am not counting games. I couldn't give a **** if it comes together now or after 30 games, as long as we improve.

No one is hating him, but if after 8 games (before today), you have won 1, despite playing Sunderland and Blackpool at home, then you need to be asked why.

He said the table is now interest after 3 games, which means its pointless, which means you can't gauge or judge a team on 3 games, espcially against the teams we played. He then says 10 games he will worry about the table, which means he will gauge or judge the situation.

Why can't you see that?

No one is hating him, I am not counting games. But he basically said 10 games is a time when to assess things, which in turn means judge things.

Get a grip and stop reading it with "Roy does not wrong" gigs on.

You should definitely judge him and his team, but don't wait for some random 10 games he said one night answering a stupid question from some reporter.

FIOS

I didn't hold that against him either.

Mad innit!

Luca05-10-09

Yea a bit like half the people on here saying Roy didnt say that, when we all know exactly what he meant

HuytonHuyton
24-10-10, 20:31

Am I arguing I am going to judge dead on ten games? No.

I will give him time.

But he did imply 10 games is a time to judge him. So people will do that.

Whats so hard to understand about that?

People who thought Benitez's 4th promise was gospel need to take a look at their lives. Nothing is guaranteed except some gob ***** believing every word you say.

FIOS
24-10-10, 20:32
Yea a bit like half the people on here saying Roy didnt say that, when we all know exactly what he meant

You mean when he said he wasn't concerned with the league table until after about 10 games or so?

Yea, we all know what he meant by that. Pretty much exactly what he said.

liverpaul5
24-10-10, 20:32
Winning away at Bolton will be brilliant for Roy and the team. I hope we can do it :)

unfortunately roy hasnt managed a win away from home in 23 attempts has to change at some point

HuytonHuyton
24-10-10, 20:33
You should definitely judge him and his team, but don't wait for some random 10 games he said one night answering a stupid question from some reporter.

So have you now come around to that he did mean after 10 games you can judge him/his team?

Most people are not waiting for 10 games to pass comment. But Roy meant 10 games is when you can judge.

Not hard to read it is it.

HuytonHuyton
24-10-10, 20:35
You mean when he said he wasn't concerned with the league table until after about 10 games or so?

Yea, we all know what he meant by that. Pretty much exactly what he said.

Yes, he is not concerned after 3 games but after 10.

So when can you judge a team after 3 games when the manager is not **** or after 10 when he is?

He said it, he meant it. Get a grip.

Fowi
24-10-10, 20:35
So have you now come around to that he did mean after 10 games you can judge him/his team?

Most people are not waiting for 10 games to pass comment. But Roy meant 10 games is when you can judge.

No I disagree, but if you want the 10 games marker knock yourself out.

FIOS
24-10-10, 20:36

He didn't mention anything about judging him, the side, the performances or style of play. His comment was purely about the league table. He said he would start to worry about the league table after about 10 games. That's it.

Luca05-10-09
24-10-10, 20:37
Yes, he is not concerned after 3 games but after 10.

So when can you judge a team after 3 games when the manager is not **** or after 10 when he is?

I'd leave it mate, some people on here only hear what they want to hear

HuytonHuyton
24-10-10, 20:37
No I disagree, but if you want the 10 games marker knock yourself out.

You would disagree, because if Fowi aint right then no one is.

I don't want the 10 game marker, Roy does. He said he won't look at table until after 10 games. So is that when he will start to judge his side?

I think so.

Get a grip of yoursefl Fowi, your making a fool of yourself you biased ****

Fowi
24-10-10, 20:38
You would disagree, because if Fowi aint right then no one is.

I don't want the 10 game marker, Roy does. He said he won't look at table until after 10 games. So is that when he will start to judge his side?

I think so.

Get a grip of yoursefl Fowi, your making a fool of yourself you biased ****

No I looked at the table after 6, 7, 8 and 9 games too.

FIOS
24-10-10, 20:38

No, he really didn't.

He asked asked about our league position after 3 games of the season, and his reply was that he won't be concerned about it until after 10 games.

Luca05-10-09
24-10-10, 20:40
No, he really didn't.

He asked asked about our league position after 3 games of the season, and his reply was that he won't be concerned about it until after 10 games.

So he is concerned now then

HuytonHuyton
He didn't mention anything about judging him, the side, the performances or style of play. His comment was purely about the league table. He said he would start to worry about the league table after about 10 games. That's it.

Yes he will worry after 10 games. Which in turn means we should worry after 10 games.

If you worry, you judge then ask questions.

Fowi
Yes he will worry after 10 games. Which in turn means we should worry after 10 games.

If you worry, you judge then ask questions.

So you are not worried now but you will be on Sunday?

FIOS
I'd leave it mate, some people on here only hear what they want to hear

It's clear as day what Hodgson said. Go The Reds Go even provided the link.

HuytonHuyton
24-10-10, 20:41
No I looked at the table after 6, 7, 8 and 9 games too.

Yes you did and did you judge? Did you worry?

But Roy says don't worry about us until 10 games, then that basically means after 10 games, worry and judge us or question us.

If it doesn't then what the **** is he mentioning 10 games for? If you worry then your going to judge aren't you.

Luca05-10-09
24-10-10, 20:42
It's clear as day what Hodgson said. Go The Reds Go even provided the link.

And I said we all know exactky what he meant by it

Fowi
24-10-10, 20:42
Yes you did and did you judge? Did you worry?

But Roy says don't worry about us until 10 games, then that basically means after 10 games, worry and judge us or question us.

If it doesn't then what the **** is he mentioning 10 games for? If you worry then your going to judge aren't you.

Yes I judged and I worried. No more or less than I will after the Bolton game.

FIOS
24-10-10, 20:43
So he is concerned now then

He was probably concerned a number of games ago.

Where you are going wrong is taking a throw away comment as gospel. You'll be fine once you get that in to your head.

It isn't like Hodgson is suddenly going to realise we are in the bottom three just because it's league game number 10. Jesus wept.

liverpaul5
24-10-10, 20:44
does it really matter after how many games the reality of it is we are 9 games in and 3rd bottom with a GD of -5 judging by that i would say not good enough

HuytonHuyton
So you are not worried now but you will be on Sunday?

Listen you ***, I am not ***** about the 10 games, I never said it. Roy did.

I am not judging now, I will give him time.

Roy said he will worry after 10 games, not me.

I wont worry after 9 or 10 or 11. I will worry when its looking like we will struggle to stay up.

He said he will worry about league position after 10 games, so once thats up, what is he going to do with his side? Worry? Judge? Question? Carry on as normal? What?

FIOS
And I said we all know exactky what he meant by it

Yes. He meant exactly what he said. He will be concerned with the league table after 10 games.

Remember that he was asked a specific question that led to this answer.

SectionOneOneSeven
24-10-10, 20:46
A meeting of minds.

Luca05-10-09
24-10-10, 20:46
Yes. He meant exactly what he said. He will be concerned with the league table after 10 games.

Remember that he was asked a specific question that led to this answer.

Night night x x

FIOS
24-10-10, 20:47
Why is Go The Red Go rattling so much over this?

HuytonHuyton
24-10-10, 20:48
He was probably concerned a number of games ago.

Where you are going wrong is taking a throw away comment as gospel. You'll be fine once you get that in to your head.

It isn't like Hodgson is suddenly going to realise we are in the bottom three just because it's league game number 10. Jesus wept.

Who is taking it as gospel you tart?

After 10 games I am not going to worry or judge just because Roy said so.

I worried after losing 2-1 at home to Blackpool. Roy said he will worry after 10 games, not me.

It proberly is a throw away comment, but the argument here is that Roy did not mean judge us after 10, which he clearly did.

He was being judged after 3 games, so he said 3 games is nothing, he will worry after 10. So when the manager worries after 10 (his words) then questions can then be asked, which meaning judging the team and making assumptions on their ability.

Fowi
24-10-10, 20:49
Listen you ***, I am not ***** about the 10 games, I never said it. Roy did.

I am not judging now, I will give him time.

Roy said he will worry after 10 games, not me.

I wont worry after 9 or 10 or 11. I will worry when its looking like we will struggle to stay up.

He said he will worry about league position after 10 games, so once thats up, what is he going to do with his side? Worry? Judge? Question? Carry on as normal? What?

I think you should judge and worry now. It would be healthy for you.

HuytonHuyton
24-10-10, 20:52
I think you should judge and worry now. It would be healthy for you.

Is that so?

So after 16-17 competitive games, if I judge now, then what can I come up with about Roy?

He has done nothing to improve us as a team. We look worse than last year. Our defending is a joke.

So what have you judged from his first 17 games for us? No doubt from your replies you believe he is the man for the job. Yet after 17 games of utter **** you still do not question his ability to manager us?

Fowi
24-10-10, 20:54
Is that so?

So after 16-17 competitive games, if I judge now, then what can I come up with about Roy?

He has done nothing to improve us as a team. We look worse than last year. Our defending is a joke.

So what have you judged from his first 17 games for us? No doubt from your replies you believe he is the man for the job. Yet after 17 games of utter **** you still do not question his ability to manager us?

There you go. I doubt a win at Bolton will change that for you.

FIOS
24-10-10, 20:55
Who is taking it as gospel you tart?

After 10 games I am not going to worry or judge just because Roy said so.

I worried after losing 2-1 at home to Blackpool. Roy said he will worry after 10 games, not me.

It proberly is a throw away comment, but the argument here is that Roy did not mean judge us after 10, which he clearly did.

He was being judged after 3 games, so he said 3 games is nothing, he will worry after 10. So when the manager worries after 10 (his words) then questions can then be asked, which meaning judging the team and making assumptions on their ability.

Why are you rattling so hard?

I'm just trying to help with your misconceptions, and steer your misguided self in the right direction.

You will feel better once you realise your mistake. You can move on then.

HuytonHuyton
24-10-10, 20:58
There you go. I doubt a win at Bolton will change that for you.

But enlighten me Fowi? What have you seen that says he is the man for the job?

A win at Bolton will go along way to showing he is the right man for the job. As someone said earlier, he aint won an away game for over 20 games.

A win at Bolton when we struggle to beat Blackpool at home will be a great result.

As I say, I don't want him sacked. I want to give him time.

But I can see as can many others that after 17 games, we look alot worse than last year.

We done well today but if we loose to Bolton then questions will be asked again as to why we have failed to beat another poor side when on the back of a win.

After all these games Fowi, what has improved for you with Roy in charge?

Fowi
24-10-10, 20:59
But enlighten me Fowi? What have you seen that says he is the man for the job?

A win at Bolton will go along way to showing he is the right man for the job. As someone said earlier, he aint won an away game for over 20 games.

A win at Bolton when we struggle to beat Blackpool at home will be a great result.

As I say, I don't want him sacked. I want to give him time.

But I can see as can many others that after 17 games, we look alot worse than last year.

We done well today but if we loose to Bolton then questions will be asked again as to why we have failed to beat another poor side when on the back of a win.

After all these games Fowi, what has improved for you with Roy in charge?

He is doing much worse than I thought he would, but at the same time I'm seeing improvement in the last few games and I'm willing to see where this takes us.

HuytonHuyton
24-10-10, 21:00
Why are you rattling so hard?

I'm just trying to help with your misconceptions, and steer your misguided self in the right direction.

You will feel better once you realise your mistake. You can move on then.

Of course I will.

Get a grip and go to bed mate.

Roy says tables of no interest until after 10 games and people take that as what? He meant table is meaningless until after 10 games, which means you can start judging or asking questions after 10 games.

Gazza74
24-10-10, 21:01
I still don't get why people make so much out of what Roy said and it wasn't "Judge me after 10 games" in any way whatsoever.

He was basically saying what's been common knowledge for the whole time i've been watching football and that is the league table doesn't really take shape into what the season is going to be until after around 10-15 games and it can depend on the individual as to how many you wait to look at it.

He wasn't asking for people to judge him after 10 games, that happened as soon as he walked in the door and many didn't want him, so why would 10 games matter, he was talking about the league table and it's been common knowledge what he said for decades.

HuytonHuyton
24-10-10, 21:03
He is doing much worse than I thought he would, but at the same time I'm seeing improvement in the last few games and I'm willing to see where this takes us.

I agree, Napoli and today we've played well. But has he improved us on last season in any department?

My answer is no. That doesn't mean I want him sacked, it just means he hasn't done anything of note, despite being hailed as someone he will change us into some attacking force.

FIOS
24-10-10, 21:04
Roy says tables of no interest until after 10 games and people take that as what?

People should take it that he meant he would be concerned with the table after that arbitrary figure of 10 league games which he pulled out of his arse purely in order to answer the question "are you concerned about your league position".

Klopportunity
24-10-10, 21:04
I agree, Napoli and today we've played well. But has he improved us on last season in any department?

My answer is no. That doesn't mean I want him sacked, it just means he hasn't done anything of note, despite being hailed as someone he will change us into some attacking force.

I would say that today's performance out did many of our performances from last season.

FIOS
24-10-10, 21:07
I still don't get why people make so much out of what Roy said and it wasn't "Judge me after 10 games" in any way whatsoever.

I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark and suggest that people are making too much out of the 10 league games thing purely because they had already decided to judge him after 3 but latched onto this comment in order to justify their position.

Fowi
24-10-10, 21:09
I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark and suggest that people are making too much out of the 10 league games thing purely because they had already decided to judge him after 3 but latched onto this comment in order to justify their position.

There will certainly be at least 5 separate threads on Sunday that start with "Roy you've had your 10 games and ...."

Vanoord
24-10-10, 21:09
"After ten games I will start worrying about the table but until then I'll worry more about performances and results."

We're on course then... :rolleyes:

Tiggy2
24-10-10, 21:10

This thread is proper funny internet banter.

Judge me after 10 games, I judge myself after 10 games, the table does not reflect much until 10 games or whatever. It's semantics, but basically the same thing in essence.

As for today's result - better fom what I saw (could not see the whole game clearly so I will reserve judgement) however, as far as league positions go, it was the first game that I have seen a genuine improvement from the one preceeding it. 2-1 Blackburn at home with an ok performance but from what I saw not exactly a game we couldn't have drawn - even if that wouldn't be an accurate reflection.

I mean it's better, good even, but whilst not wishing to be negative I can't say my opinions have changed much yet.

FIOS
24-10-10, 21:12
There will certainly be at least 5 separate threads on Sunday that start with "Roy you've had your 10 games and ...."

If we fail to win, absolutely.

Fowi
24-10-10, 21:16
If we fail to win, absolutely.

Either way I think, but more if we don't win.

davegahan
24-10-10, 21:25

When you're shambles for whole 8 games, any resonable display makes you seem to be improving.
Or maybe that was Roy's plan from the very beginning: make us look like a Championship team and then, if we finish 8th or 10th come May it would make him look like Mesiah.
I can't believe how a win can make people easily forget what Roy did to this team for three months.

MircKing
24-10-10, 21:47
Well im just glad to see us win:) The club needed this win more than anything else. I just hope we can do the same next weekend against Bolton. Because the week after i think its chelsea and 2 wins on the trot will give some confidence to the team going into that game. I was very happy when RH was appionted and after this start we have had, im not to sure any more:confused: in my hole life of watching the reds i cant belive we in the dog house:crying

smokintony
2-4-12, 20:12

How many wins have we got in our last 9 league games btw?

-LFCCoach-
2-4-12, 20:15

This is trolling on a massive scale. Well played tony.

smokintony
2-4-12, 20:45
This is trolling on a massive scale. Well played tony.

How is it, The things we say should be kept track of to show how right or wrong we are, maybe we can all learn if we have made mistakes

Paullfc1976
2-4-12, 20:49

What are you trying to do with all this?

Dioltas
2-4-12, 20:50
What are you trying to do with all this?

He want's Roy back and a statute commissioned of him outside Anfield while we triumphantly get relegated league by league, but at least we gave the English manager more time.

smokintony
2-4-12, 20:54
He want's Roy back and a statute commissioned of him outside Anfield while we triumphantly get relegated league by league, but at least we gave the English manager more time.

I dont want anyone back or sacked right now, its just interesting how one year a poor run is a crisis yet another a similar or worse run is shrugged off as no big deal

Paullfc1976
2-4-12, 20:54
I dont want anyone back or sacked right now, its just interesting how one year a poor run is a crisis yet another a similar or worse run is shrugged off as no big deal

Did you really need to bump old threads to show this?

Yehez
2-4-12, 20:56

I don't think anybody is shrugging it off. It's worrying but we are willing to give Kenny the chance to rectify it.

Gazza74
2-4-12, 20:57
yet another a similar or worse run is shrugged off as no big deal

Who's shrugging it off?

It's **** poor now, just as it was last season and would be any season.

Dioltas
2-4-12, 20:57

I very clearly fall into the back off Kenny brigade but it has to be said it's night and day how fans have responded to recent crises and previous managers would very likely have been destroyed for some things that have happened this season. Although I think people see Kenny as a winner who can turn this around if given more time and there is a fear of becoming too impatient and kneejerky like Chelsea. Roy was an exception to the rule because he just was never good enough for the job where as Kenny seemed like the perfect man that January so while we can't hide the clear evidence of the league table we can justify that slightly greater hope and determination to give him at least one more season to turn this around.

SweetSilverSeven
2-4-12, 22:39
How many times have I told you Tony???!!!

ROY HODGSON WASN'T GOOD ENOUGH!!! END OF!!
Stop calling for him to come back :rolleyes:

smokintony
2-4-12, 22:46
How many times have I told you Tony???!!!

ROY HODGSON WASN'T GOOD ENOUGH!!! END OF!!
Stop calling for him to come back :rolleyes:

Where have I asked for this?

Im just pointinh out the hyp[ocricy of many people on here that found a poor run of game as unacceptable then but not so much now

Captain Mauser
2-4-12, 22:53
What a bouquet of penises this forum is.

LucasAintDancin
2-4-12, 22:55
Who wants Roy back :D

And its totally understandable that fans would give Kenny more leeway than Roy with comparable runs so stop that one aswell.

Jannno
2-4-12, 22:58
Where have I asked for this?

Im just pointinh out the hyp[ocricy of many people on here that found a poor run of game as unacceptable then but not so much now

Tony I think what's winding people up is that most of us realise that you don't hire and fire managers on stats alone, without looking at the potential for improvement. They saw none with Roy, (in fact the opposite), and they see hope with Kenny

USE THE FORCE LUCAS
2-4-12, 23:02
Who wants Roy back :D

And its totally understandable that fans would give Kenny more leeway than Roy with comparable runs so stop that one aswell.

There certainly isn't any logic in it though is there?

On each occasion, both managers have been completely bereft of ideas to stem the flow of utter capitulation.

USE THE FORCE LUCAS
2-4-12, 23:07
Tony I think what's winding people up is that most of us realise that you don't hire and fire managers on stats alone, without looking at the potential for improvement. They saw none with Roy, (in fact the opposite), and they see hope with Kenny

I can't for the life of me fathom how anyone can see hope with Kenny at the helm :confused:

We are in total free fall with absolutely no strategy, game plan, pattern of play or tactical cohesion.

How are these issues going to be fixed when the manager clearly has no idea how to put them right?

Do people honestly think something is just suddenly going to change and these problems will magically go away??

No Angel
2-4-12, 23:10
What a bouquet of penises this forum is.

:D:D,actually burst out laughing at this,fantastic and more importantly vtrue!