PDA

View Full Version : Hugo Rodallega...

Captain Mauser
25-10-10, 15:18
Anyone with me in thinking he's worth a punt?

I've been massively impressed with him over the last 2 years and I reckon if we don't swoop, another top 6 side will soon.

Venantium
25-10-10, 15:21
Hes a step up from Ngog definatley.

I threw his name in the mix in the summer, good back up striker.

MK-LFC
25-10-10, 15:21
sorry but no

Captain Mauser
25-10-10, 15:23
sorry but no

Fair comment... so who would you sign given we may not even qualify for Europe?

-Chris-
25-10-10, 15:24
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I absolutly love him as a player. Would love to have him here.

Sneets
25-10-10, 15:25
I would rather take McCarthy of them.

widden
25-10-10, 15:33
if we want another striker get a good one no point having scraps when nando is injured rather stick with ngog then get rodallega !!

MK-LFC
25-10-10, 15:34
Mossy - touche, you are clearly a worthy adversory. Im just overly not impressed with rodallega, I think he is too greedy (although I appreciate the argument that strikers need to be greedy) but also inconsistent, I also do not see him working hard for the team (ie I like to see strikers press defenders when not in posesssion but Rodallega has always struck me as the sort of player who doesnt really do much unless he is given the ball). I would prefer us to get a Darren Bent type character or even someone like clint dempsey (please note that these are just players I think we should be looking at if we rule out any players that play in europe so it does not take into consideration the money we would be able to throw around assuming NESV give Roy (assuming he is still the manager at the end of the season) a blank cheque book). While on the subject I also think we should be looking at someone like Scott Parker as well - so far head and shoulders West Ham's player of the season and in my opinion could form a great partnership with raul assuming we keep gerrard behing nando with cole on the left

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
25-10-10, 15:34
He's definitely more foreign than Carlton Cole.

Captain Mauser
25-10-10, 15:40
Mossy - touche, you are clearly a worthy adversory. Im just overly not impressed with rodallega, I think he is too greedy (although I appreciate the argument that strikers need to be greedy) but also inconsistent, I also do not see him working hard for the team (ie I like to see strikers press defenders when not in posesssion but Rodallega has always struck me as the sort of player who doesnt really do much unless he is given the ball). I would prefer us to get a Darren Bent type character or even someone like clint dempsey (please note that these are just players I think we should be looking at if we rule out any players that play in europe so it does not take into consideration the money we would be able to throw around assuming NESV give Roy (assuming he is still the manager at the end of the season) a blank cheque book). While on the subject I also think we should be looking at someone like Scott Parker as well - so far head and shoulders West Ham's player of the season and in my opinion could form a great partnership with raul assuming we keep gerrard behing nando with cole on the left

Agree on Parker, I wouldn't mind us bailing him out of the West Ham debacle for the right price.

Disagree on Rodallega, I think he's been consistent enough over the last season or so and has destroyed some big sides... remember, nobody was brave enough to go for Antonio Valencia until Fergie and look at the season he had last year.

Darren Bent? Played well against us at Anfield, but I'm reliably informed that his ego is absolutely ridiculous... apparantly he truly believes he's Pele... This was why Capello bombed him out after he strolled into the England training camp late with his iPod on like he was the second coming.

MarasLFC
25-10-10, 15:41
Look, squad player yes. To partner torres no. I really think llorente would suit torres perfectly, or mario gomez! Need someone with a little height for set peices long balls etc. Torres would feed off the crumbs

sparkycufc
25-10-10, 15:42
For me it would depend on the price, for 6-8 million definitely, for 10 million plus then definitley not.

Captain Mauser
25-10-10, 15:44
For me it would depend on the price, for 6-8 million definitely, for 10 million plus then definitley not.

That's what I was pitching it at... a decent aquisition for less than 10 mil.

I like his personality too... he looks like he genuinely loves the game.

sparkycufc
25-10-10, 15:48
That's what I was pitching it at... a decent aquisition for less than 10 mil.

I like his personality too... he looks like he genuinely loves the game.

I think he is a cracking player on his day, he definitely has the talent and my only concern would be that he may not be able reproduce his best form on a bigger stage than the DW stadium.

Like you I feel he is worth the risk for under 10 million.

MK-LFC
25-10-10, 15:49
Threw Darren Bent in there because with the exception of 1 season he has scored double digit league goals every year going back to his charlton days. The issue we have had over the last few years is that we do not have a back-up to nando who we can rely on to score - his goal scoring record, for a team which on paper doesnt have as much creative potential as we do, is impressive. He may be an arrogant so and so (I was not aware of this but it would make sense given his ramblings on twitter around the time of his transfer to sunderland) but everytime I have seen him he does seem to work hard and he will always get goals, although given what you say he may turn more into a robbie keane type character who can not stand playing second fiddle. I would prefer to have him than mario gomez for example (really do not like that guy)

Captain Mauser
25-10-10, 15:58
Threw Darren Bent in there because with the exception of 1 season he has scored double digit league goals every year going back to his charlton days. The issue we have had over the last few years is that we do not have a back-up to nando who we can rely on to score - his goal scoring record, for a team which on paper doesnt have as much creative potential as we do, is impressive. He may be an arrogant so and so (I was not aware of this but it would make sense given his ramblings on twitter around the time of his transfer to sunderland) but everytime I have seen him he does seem to work hard and he will always get goals, although given what you say he may turn more into a robbie keane type character who can not stand playing second fiddle. I would prefer to have him than mario gomez for example (really do not like that guy)

I think it's clear from Roy trying to get Carlton Cole that, if indeed he is still manager, he will attampt to recruit a target man that can play with AND in place of Nando.

MK-LFC
25-10-10, 16:32
Bobby Zamora says it all really......

SlimPickens
25-10-10, 17:42
If his asking price was halved I would take a punt.
Strikes me as someone who will be a handful without ever scoring consistently.

Cossey
25-10-10, 19:51
Yes I think Rodallega would be good for less than 10 million.

Also I'd love to get Scottie Parker too. Him and Mereiles would be great together. The closest thing to Alonso we could afford I think!

We should try and sign someone like Llorente as well as Rodallega we need more than just one striker I think. Money permitting of course!

jamiechloe
25-10-10, 19:55
Id prefer Nzogbia!!!

AlvaroRecoba
25-10-10, 20:12
N'Gog's better.

Cossey
25-10-10, 20:14
N'Gog's better.

No he's not

AlvaroRecoba
25-10-10, 20:16
No he's not

He is.

Jazzy-J
25-10-10, 20:17

If they both cost the same, which one would you go for? I reckon Rodallega's a better finisher.

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
25-10-10, 20:19
If they both cost the same, which one would you go for? I reckon Rodallega's a better finisher.

Cole is more skillful, Rodallega is more powerful, and injured less.

Rodman.

Fowi
25-10-10, 20:20
Can we please buy a few midfielders first. Seeing Torres supported by Carra is bad enough.

AlvaroRecoba
25-10-10, 20:22
6 goals in 33 games. He's a phenomenon.

Jazzy-J
25-10-10, 20:24
6 goals in 33 games. He's a phenomenon.

While his goalscoring record is nothing but mediocre, you have just created that stat out of thin air.

Fowi
25-10-10, 20:25
:D

AlvaroRecoba
25-10-10, 20:26
While his goalscoring record is nothing but mediocre, you have just created that stat out of thin air.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=46558

Jazzy-J
25-10-10, 20:28
http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=46558

I can't see that stat on that page. He scored 10 in 38 last season.

Fowi
25-10-10, 20:28
Wiki says 15 in 65.

AlvaroRecoba
25-10-10, 20:30
I can't see that stat on that page. He scored 10 in 38 last season.

Err, try counting the ammount of goals from the goals column from his last 33 games. It's not hard.

Mapeke
25-10-10, 20:30
Rodallega is quite clearly better than Carlton Cole, so I don't think the foreign thing matters. Then again, N'gog is better than Carlton Cole.

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
25-10-10, 20:33
Rodallega is quite clearly better than Carlton Cole, so I don't think the foreign thing matters. Then again, N'gog is better than Carlton Cole.

You missed the point, but never mind.

Jazzy-J
25-10-10, 20:33
Err, try counting the ammount of goals from the goals column from his last 33 games. It's not hard.

Number, not amount.

So you mean that he has scored 6 in his last 33 games? You see, this is where the confusion lies, because most people would usually specify that when bringing up the stat.

Indulge me for a second. How many goals has Torres scored in his last 15 games (club and country)? I'm not comparing the two players of course, that would be ludicrous. I'm just curious.

Why are you being rude? I've been nothing but polite.

Mapeke
25-10-10, 20:34
You missed the point, but never mind.
You were doing your usual 'everyone prefers the foreign player even though the English player is better' thing, weren't you?

domino
I don't think he's the right profie for us.

Mapeke
I don't think he's the right profie for us.
Not lfc quality lulz.

Cossey
25-10-10, 20:36
He is.

He's not you know

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
25-10-10, 20:36
You were doing your usual 'everyone prefers the foreign player even though the English player is better' thing, weren't you?

No, i was doing my 'if Rodallega was called Rod Smith nobody would be interested' thing.

Jazzy-J
25-10-10, 20:38
No, i was doing my 'if Rodallega was called Rod Smith nobody would be interested' thing.

What if he was called Carlton Cole?

Fowi

What if he was called Chris Brunt? :p

Cossey
I think we need 4 strikers like most other top teams.

Torres,Llorente,Rodellega and N'Gog would be good for me!

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
25-10-10, 20:39
What if he was called Carlton Cole?

Exactly.

What if he was called Chris Brunt? :p

Did you see the Brunt thread? ;)

AlvaroRecoba
25-10-10, 20:39
Number, not amount.

So you mean that he has scored 6 in his last 33 games? You see, this is where the confusion lies, because most people would usually specify that when bringing up the stat.

Indulge me for a second. How many goals has Torres scored in his last 15 games (club and country)? I'm not comparing the two players of course, that would be ludicrous. I'm just curious.

Why are you being rude? I've been nothing but polite.

You accused me of creating the stat from thin air based on nothing.

Now I've been proved right, an apology would be nice.

Thanks.

Fowi
25-10-10, 20:40
I'm with you. You totally destroyed him with that stat.

Mapeke
25-10-10, 20:40
But he isn't called Rod Smith. He's called Hugo Rodallega.

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
25-10-10, 20:41
But he isn't called Rod Smith. He's called Hugo Rodallega.

Hence is better than if the fictional English Wigan striker bearing exactly those stats....

Jazzy-J
25-10-10, 20:41
You accused me of creating the stat from thin air based on nothing.

Now I've been proved right, an apology would be nice.

Thanks.

Hang on a sec, I'm just going to see how many games he has scored in and then come back with "16 goals in 14 games", or whatever the correct figure is.

AlvaroRecoba
25-10-10, 20:42
Hang on a sec, I'm just going to see how many games he has scored in and then come back with "16 goals in 14 games", or whatever the correct figure is.

1 in 1.

Jazzy-J
25-10-10, 20:42
Hence is better than if the fictional English Wigan striker bearing exactly those stats....

I'm a bit confused here. The response to Rodallega seems to be similar to the response to Cole.

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
25-10-10, 20:43
I'm a bit confused here. The response to Rodallega seems to be similar to the response to Cole.

I'd say it's much warmer.

Jazzy-J
1 in 1.

Goal a game. 60 million.

Fowi

People HATE Cole. They don't hate Hugo that much.

Then again people didn't want Mario Gomez so the lunacy is neverending.

Mapeke
25-10-10, 20:44
Does it matter?

Jazzy-J
25-10-10, 20:46

There's less dislike for him, but seemingly not a higher number who actually rate him. I just think the whole "he's foreign so people rate him higher than his English counterparts" thing is a bit unfair here. Wigan are never on tv, so the only time people really see anything of him is when he scores on MOTD, and he happens to have scored a few screamers.

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
25-10-10, 20:46
Does it matter?

Yes, it irks me.

Luca05-10-09
25-10-10, 20:48
Hugo 6/10

Cole 5/10

Lets look elsewhere

AlvaroRecoba
25-10-10, 20:50
Hugo 6/10

Cole 5/10

Lets look elsewhere

Mario Jardel.

KeemI
25-10-10, 20:50
Is it just me or Llorente is the new craze on here?:rolleyes:

Luca05-10-09
25-10-10, 20:51
Mario Jardel.

Who?

AlvaroRecoba
25-10-10, 20:54
Who?

53 goals in 49 games at Sporting Lisbon. Best get him before Bolton snap him up.

Cossey
25-10-10, 20:55
Is it just me or Llorente is the new craze on here?:rolleyes:

Yeh I think it stems from the fact he's a preety good striker. Mad isn't it:confused:

Luca05-10-09
25-10-10, 20:56
53 goals in 49 games at Sporting Lisbon. Best get him before Bolton snap him up.

Must be some player if Bolton are eying him up

Jazzy-J
25-10-10, 20:56
Must be some player if Bolton are eying him up

He played for Bolton about 5 years ago. He weighed 26 stone.

Luca05-10-09
25-10-10, 20:57
He played for Bolton about 5 years ago. He weighed 26 stone.

:D

KeemI
25-10-10, 20:58
Yeh I think it stems from the fact he's a preety good striker. Mad isn't it:confused:

I'm sure we had duplicate threads about him last week...

Cossey
25-10-10, 21:15
I'm sure we had duplicate threads about him last week...

Your prob right but again he is getting metioned because he is quality

WindyShepherdHenderson
1-11-13, 00:54
I'm happy with our striker options right now.

Captain Mauser
1-11-13, 00:58
I'm happy with our striker options right now.

http://www.hdwallpapersplus.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/23/funny-gifs-jim-derpy.gif

JohnstoneC
13-4-14, 21:26
Stevie is overrated and we should sign H Rod. Ha

aylesbyred
13-4-14, 21:35
A 3 year gap between replies lol

lonewolf kal
13-4-14, 21:46
A 3 year gap between replies lol

should have used BT Broadband then :p

Kenny-Rodgers
13-4-14, 21:47
Anyone have any idea where Captain Mauser is gone? Havent seen him here in ages

JohnstoneC
13-4-14, 21:54
Perhaps he actually was just a troll and has nothing to feed on at present?

Kenny-Rodgers
13-4-14, 21:57
Perhaps he actually was just a troll and has nothing to feed on at present?

I always thought he was funny, not like the likes of Sizlack and DontThinkDo. They were pure idiots.

JohnstoneC
13-4-14, 21:59

I always thought he was funny, not like the likes of Sizlack and DontThinkDo. They were pure idiots.
He was alright - the Gerrard stuff was embarrassing though. Hope he's ok.

Kenny-Rodgers
13-4-14, 22:03
He was alright - the Gerrard stuff was embarrassing though. Hope he's ok.

Yeah hope he's alright. Gerrard starting to play well surely has something to do with his absence!

Luis-Garcia's-left-peg
14-4-14, 00:04
We just beat man city 3-2, top of the league and are 4 games from the holy grail and a 3 year old Hugo Rodallega thread is top of the page, the world has gone mad...