PDA

View Full Version : Roy's masterplan for stopping Bale next week...?

Darrren1
21-11-10, 05:27
I believe this is Roy's plan to stop Bale....

......................................... Reina

............. Soto

.... Carra ...↑.... Skrtel

.... Glen ....↑.... Kelly

Lucas .......↑........ Poulsen

Kuyt ..... Bale .... Maxi

......................................... Torres

Guide him into the trap - and see what's waiting for him at the end....!

NileBread
21-11-10, 05:29
:D Beast!

AlexPenn83
21-11-10, 05:38
Quality signing. Premier League CD of this quality and goal scoring ability at such a low price is unheard of. Despite missing out on massive signings thanks to G&H, we did profit greatly from some of the many smaller signings who have stood out from the rest and continued to perform time and time again for their club.

Darrren1
21-11-10, 05:48
Quality signing. Premier League CD of this quality and goal scoring ability at such a low price is unheard of. Despite missing out on massive signings thanks to G&H, we did profit greatly from some of the many smaller signings who have stood out from the rest and continued to perform time and time again for their club.

I wouldn't say its unheard of - Sami Hyypia only cost 1 million more. But yeah, he's proved to be a great signing.

RedXForever
21-11-10, 05:54
What amazes me is he has really worked on his fitness, when he first did come to LFC, his fitness was very poor, they worked on his flexibility and stuff I have heard.
Really good if that is true, good for him to take that effort, unlike some defenders we had (Kromkamp and that Argentinian dude who became a coach later).

Nayos
21-11-10, 06:05
I'm guessing Reina is sat in the Main Stand because you don't think he needs to be in goal because of Soto. But why is Torres stood outside the Anfield Road End?

Darrren1
21-11-10, 06:10
I'm guessing Reina is sat in the Main Stand because you don't think he needs to be in goal because of Soto. But why is Torres stood outside the Anfield Road End?

It's the famous horse-shoe formation. Playing 9 right-backs should just about be enough to contain Bale.

block204IB
21-11-10, 12:11
Bales had a couple of good weeks and shown some ability but lets keep this in perspective for now. Two outstanding performances against Inter over one and a half games does not make the lad world class. He has the makings but must do this over a much longer period of time. To then pick him out as the main threat in spurs team is taking this too far. I am absolutely fed up with picking teams to match the opposition. Lets try and make sure we impose our game on them, that we *********g attack and give a poor defensively Bale and his mates something different to think about!! Lets talk Liverpool and our players instead of concentrating on the fear factor others cause. Lets just grow a pair!!!

Fowi
21-11-10, 12:17
I honestly think Johnson can control Bale as long as he's one on one with him. Bale rips apart clumsy and wooden full backs, but Johnson has the pace and athleticism to cope.

phuzz
21-11-10, 12:17
Roy will use the same master plan as Rafa did to stop Bale the other week :rolleyes:

Mike-91
21-11-10, 12:19
I honestly think Johnson can control Bale as long as he's one on one with him. Bale rips apart clumsy and wooden full backs, but Johnson has the pace and athleticism to cope.

I think that RB Inter have is less than clumsy and wooden.

Fowi
21-11-10, 12:20
I think that RB Inter have is less than clumsy and wooden.

Maicon is punishing Inter for forcing him to stay in the summer. I.e. he doesn't want to play for Rafa. :)

Hobbes.
21-11-10, 12:21

I'd like to watch this, heard of comparisons between the twos ability, would like to see who performs.

IMO if Johnson gets caught out like he has down going forward many times, Bale will create a goal. I think he would outran virtually anyone on the pitch, and for Johnno to try and catch him from behind... He'd have trouble tbh

Mike-91
21-11-10, 12:21
Maicon is punishing Inter for forcing him to stay in the summer. I.e. he doesn't want to play for Rafa. :)

No one at Inter likes Rafa.

calandkarl
21-11-10, 12:23
Maybe it is time to play Johnson RM ahead of Carragher at RB so we can double up on him if needs be.

Reina

Carragher
Skrtel
Soto
Aurellio

Johnson
Poulsen
Merieles
Maxi

Kuyt
Torres

..could work, maybe tepmpted to play Cole from the start, but I actually think Roy will play the same 11 that beat the hammers, and put Cole on the bench for the last 20 mins.

christhered
21-11-10, 12:26
Kuyt and Johnson will be fine against him.

Bewdleyfan
21-11-10, 12:29
Maybe it is time to play Johnson RM ahead of Carragher at RB so we can double up on him if needs be.

Reina

Carragher
Skrtel
Soto
Aurellio

Johnson
Poulsen
Merieles
Maxi

Kuyt
Torres

..could work, maybe tepmpted to play Cole from the start, but I actually think Roy will play the same 11 that beat the hammers, and put Cole on the bench for the last 20 mins.

Carragher at right back would be suicide.

JammyRodgers
21-11-10, 12:31
Johnson at RB , Kuyt infront should be enough. TBH bale really needs someone to give him a good old fashioned clattering tackle, well timed of course to take ball and man into the adertising boards. :D

Hobbes.
21-11-10, 12:31
Carragher at right back would be suicide.

This. Not going to get close to bale.

Adeel90
21-11-10, 12:36
We didnt give special treatment to Ronaldo so why do we need to do it with Bale? All we used to do is get the fullback to keep his eye on him and a defensive midfielder or winger to help out if he tried to isolate the fullback. If we managed to keep him quiet most of the time I am sure we can keep Bale quiet next week.

He is a very a talented player but is being massively overhyped. We have faced many better players before. Johnson on form should deal with him. Was at Anfield in January when we played Spurs and we had Carragher and Degen right side and they kept him and Kranjcar very quiet. It can be done aslong as we perform to the level we know we are capable of.

Fowi
21-11-10, 12:37
With Liverpool being Liverpool it will probably be Jenas, Corluka or Hutton who will score two goals against us.

Paullfc1976
21-11-10, 12:40
With Liverpool being Liverpool it will probably be Jenas, Corluka or Hutton who will score two goals against us.

Yeah, crap players always seem to score against us :(

Although Jenas has improved a lot under Harry.

Fowi
21-11-10, 12:41
Yeah, crap players always seem to score against us :(

Although Jenas has improved a lot under Harry.

There was a season in which O'Shea, Brown and Bramble all scored against us.

Stevie Jesus
21-11-10, 12:43
if we just concentrate on Bale we're going to get stamped on.

He's good but Modric etc. are all capable.

cravenz
21-11-10, 12:44

This is all that is wrong with the club at the moment. I'm taking that as a statement that we will lose or something like that, though if you think we will win 3-2 or something, by all means. But the problem as I've said before, too many fans are getting negative and that's because of what's happened with the club of late. We no longer look forward to winning games or thinking we will definitely win, it's all disappeared.

-FranzLiebkind-
21-11-10, 12:50
No one at Inter likes Rafa.

I'd expect Eto'o does.

Fowi
21-11-10, 12:56
This is all that is wrong with the club at the moment. I'm taking that as a statement that we will lose or something like that, though if you think we will win 3-2 or something, by all means. But the problem as I've said before, too many fans are getting negative and that's because of what's happened with the club of late. We no longer look forward to winning games or thinking we will definitely win, it's all disappeared.

I think we'll struggle vs Spurs and I've thought that for as long as I've been following football. My point is that crap players score against us.

LordJamieOfCarragher
21-11-10, 12:57
I really hope Hodgson doesn't ring Benitez for advice.

Mr Gonzo
21-11-10, 13:11
Kuyt and Johnson for me. Defending is one thing but we also need to win! If Kuyt is 100% fit i'd have him on the right putting in a Dirk shift! Meireles on the right side of centre to completely box the chimp off! Give Curious George nowhere to run!

We do have another problem though! VDV.... This is where we'll really miss Masch!

widden
21-11-10, 13:11
just show him the right side like the scum did that should be enough!

almino
21-11-10, 13:28
It's the famous horse-shoe formation. Playing 9 right-backs should just about be enough to contain Bale.

That's basically our normal away formation except shifted to the right! :D

Captain Mauser
21-11-10, 13:29
Jesus Christ... if Phil Neville and Rafael can get the cigar out against this overrated media creation then I'm sure we can do the job.

AlvaroRecoba
21-11-10, 13:31

If Giggs can outpace him, I'm pretty sure Bale can.

Navredman
21-11-10, 13:32
Roy will use the same master plan as Rafa did to stop Bale the other week :rolleyes:

Martin Kelly at right back Glen Johnson on the right of midfield that sorts out bale ;)

Yehez
21-11-10, 13:32
Glen > Bale

At everything.

SuperSpeedy
21-11-10, 13:34
Jesus Christ... if Phil Neville and Rafael can get the cigar out against this overrated media creation then I'm sure we can do the job.

:D

Captain Mauser
21-11-10, 13:36

:confused:

SuperSpeedy
21-11-10, 13:37
:confused:

Compliment :)

Captain Mauser
21-11-10, 13:38
Compliment :)

As you can see, I don't handle positive feedback well :D

SuperSpeedy
21-11-10, 13:39
As you can see, I don't handle positive feedback well :D

I can tell :)

RedXForever
21-11-10, 13:40
Send Poulsen after Bale, he is like a player less already, take Bale out and get red, atleast then we will have a fairer 10 v 11. :fishing

SlimPickens
21-11-10, 13:50
Glen will be ok if he can figure out how to turn faster than a barge.

Istanpooltim
21-11-10, 13:52
I like Glen Jhonson, and in him I think we have one of the best attacking right backs in world football, also with a little work on positioning he'll develope into one hell of a defender too.
But, is it just me that thinks he has very little pace. I know he runs forward lots, and expells a lot of energy, but it allways seems to be that he's really struggling to keep up with whomever he's chasing when tracking back.

PrinceOfSwing
21-11-10, 15:29

well said! too many people were vocally against our lack of "star" signings for a long time, but he is proof of where we should also be looking.

Darrren1
21-11-10, 18:38
That's basically our normal away formation except shifted to the right! :D

It's a great plan isnt it? The horse-shoe wins the ball back off Bale, then gives it to Torres who scores. Simple. I cannot see any flaw in this plan whatsoever at all.

old-school
25-11-10, 20:01
Lets hope Johnson gives Bale and Esso Ekotto problems on Sunday.

This is where the match will be won and lost, If Johnson has them on the back foot constantly I don't think Bale and co will shine !

This is a great moment for him to step up and prove all his doubter wrong the same way Bale did when he was written off 18months ago.

P.S

Rafa and his tactics couldn't do anything to stop Bale, so it's going to be interesting how Roy's going to set us up against him.

what's your thoughts on who'll win this battle

PolarBearClub
25-11-10, 20:06
Johnson needs to not let Bale get a run on him. Bale's not exactly full of tricks but his acceleration from a standing/strolling position has to be on the best in the league.

Watching him against Bremen last night, he'd constantly slow down, only to knock it ahead of the defender, and from there it's just a sprint race, which he inevitably won. If Kuyt plays on the right he'll have an important job of tracking back, but we know he's good for doing that all afternoon.

Surely we should also be thinking of the possibility that Bale and Lennon could switch wings, especially if Johnson and Kuyt can keep Bale quiet. If people aren't confident of Konchesky's ability to stop Lennon, how do they rate his chances against Bale on current form?

old-school
25-11-10, 20:07

............. Soto

sorry I didn't see this

old-school
25-11-10, 20:12
Johnson needs to not let Bale get a run on him. Bale's not exactly full of tricks but his acceleration from a standing/strolling position has to be on the best in the league.

Watching him against Bremen last night, he'd constantly slow down, only to knock it ahead of the defender, and from there it's just a sprint race, which he inevitably won. If Kuyt plays on the right he'll have an important job of tracking back, but we know he's good for doing that all afternoon.

Surely we should also be thinking of the possibility that Bale and Lennon could switch wings, especially if Johnson and Kuyt can keep Bale quiet. If people aren't confident of Konchesky's ability to stop Lennon, how do they rate his chances against Bale on current form?

no chance

jm291
25-11-10, 20:16

Oh we are really sorry, sorry for being soo realistically all of a sudden. Our team sucks terribly away and Spurs are probably going to beat us due to our performance away.

old-school
25-11-10, 20:19
Oh we are really sorry, sorry for being soo realistically all of a sudden. Our team sucks terribly away and Spurs are probably going to beat us due to our performance away.

we can win it's only Spurs yes! it sounds ignorant but IT'S ONLY SPURS

WE ARE LIVERPOOL...ON OUR DAY WE CAN BEAT ANYONE !!!

RESULT ...SPURS 0 LIVERPOOL 3

jm291
25-11-10, 20:24
oh do 1 you unimaginative ****

we can win it's only Spurs yes! it sounds ignorant but IT'S ONLY SPURS

WE ARE LIVERPOOL...ON OUR DAY WE CAN BEAT ANYONE !!!

RESULT ...SPURS 0 LIVERPOOL 3

So on Northampton Town special day they can beat us. What a ***** point to fire back at me. On any team's good day, they can beat anyone.

Our team is crap away from home and it will require all players playing to their best.

old-school
25-11-10, 20:26
So on Northampton Town special day they can beat us. What a ***** point to fire back at me. On any team's good day, they can beat anyone.

Our team is crap away from home and it will require all players playing to their best.

fans too:rolleyes:

ohh and I'm sorry for the insult LJC :)

LordJamieOfCarragher
25-11-10, 20:31
fans too:rolleyes:

ohh and I'm sorry for the insult LJC :)

Just think before you post please. ;)

KOPGIRL1971
25-11-10, 22:25
Nah, this is roy's masterplan for keeping Bale quiet:

http://www.frontiernet.net/~wbyman/BigRifle.jpg

;)

sjcrosby
25-11-10, 22:42

............. Soto

Sorry, but I have it on good authority that Roy's tactics to stop Bale & co will be:

Soto Carra Reina Skrtl
Poulsen Kelly Kuyt Glen
Torres Lucas Maxi
Bale

Raphaelthe2nd
25-11-10, 23:14
Joking aside his place should be to press Tottenham in possession at the back and in the middle of the park and stop them getting supply to Bale or Lennon and make them bhave to track back as we attack their vulnerable defence

Roshi98
26-11-10, 01:49
Tonya Harding?:D

cravenz
26-11-10, 05:02

You kind sir, are the epitome of my statement. Thank you.

But to answer you, read what I said carefully. The negativity stems from the type of play we have exhibited. It makes no logical sense to perform so greatly at home in some matches and then to timidly hide into our shells tactics wise on away games. We are Liverpool, we should be fighting for a top 4 place and every game, home or away is the same. We should be fighting to win. Not sit back and let the team have a go at us. And this in turn has led to the negativity of the fans. We should still, no matter who we face, be aiming to win the match. I don't care if we are at the bottom of the league (in this respect of answering the question, not my general view of the league), we should still be fighting for every match unless our team lacks the tactical nous to do otherwise (we don't). The very fact that we can perform, the issue then goes down to consistency and the lack of positive tactics on away games. It's not like our players are suited for sitting back either.

The only difference between a home and away match is the fans. Sure it makes a difference for the confidence and the players, but the tactics needn't be extremely positive at home to extremely negative away.

My actual point is, you support the team. You may think we are going to lose, but as fans, we still support them and will the team to win. We never go out and state categorically that we are going to lose. If these were the players and the manager's mindset, half the battle is lost. Confidence is key. Morale is key. And if the fans display this, it will affect the players as well.

old-school
26-11-10, 05:09
Nah, this is roy's masterplan for keeping Bale quiet:

http://www.frontiernet.net/~wbyman/BigRifle.jpg

;)

hahahaha

Ihaveadream
26-11-10, 08:51
i can see roy playing kuyt right side to help glen,

tho kelly right back and johnson right mid would be best option.

red6
26-11-10, 11:01
Roy should stay home & let the lads attack Spurs, they arent the best defensively and neither is bale

Oh-Bout-Tree-Fiddy
16-9-11, 18:31

Yep, score four goals first i think his plan was.

Looking back its amazing the change in our squad.

:scarf

Captain Mauser
16-9-11, 19:20
Spurs are still ****.

DirKuytinho
16-9-11, 19:23
Spurs are still ****.

I like how someone managed to get "Roy" and "masterplan" into the same sentence.

Captain Mauser
16-9-11, 19:25

I like how someone managed to get "Roy" and "masterplan" into the same sentence.

I thought they were talking about Roy Cropper off Coronation St.

slimman
16-9-11, 19:29
Spurs are still ****.

We better win then.

Captain Mauser
16-9-11, 19:35
We better win then.

That is of no consequence... It's the same as how even though Frank Bruno got the odd good win, you always knew deep down he was ******* crap.

Darrren1
6-2-12, 00:45
Ah yes. Memories... :D

Captain Mauser
6-2-12, 00:52
Spurs are ******* ****.

Excl
6-2-12, 00:53
Lol!

TheSoundLady
6-2-12, 03:34
I like the post that says "Konch will take care of Lennon". A-hem. Maybe in a Leicester vs Spurs FA Cup tie, he might... not.