PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL NEWS - Roy Hodgson Leaves Liverpool, Dalglish takes over.

Pages : [1] 2

LordJamieOfCarragher
8-1-11, 12:09
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/hodgson-leaves-liverpool-fc

Liverpool FC confirmed today that manager Roy Hodgson has left the club by mutual consent.

Principal Owner John Henry commented: "We are grateful for Roy's efforts over the past six months, but both parties thought it in the best interests of the club that he stand down from his position as team manager. We wish him all the best for the future."

Roy Hodgson said: "Being asked to manage Liverpool Football Club was a great privilege. Any manager would be honoured to manage a club with such an incredible history, such embedded tradition and such an amazing set of fans. Liverpool is one of the great clubs in world football. I have, however, found the last few months some of the most challenging of my career. I am very sad not to have been able to put my stamp on the squad, to be given the time to bring new players into the club in this transfer window and to have been able to be part of the rebuilding process at Liverpool. The club has some great, world-class players, with whom it has been a pleasure to work and I wish the entire squad well for the rest of the season. I thank those with whom I have built up a close working relationship at the club for their loyalty and support during very testing times, and finally of course to the Liverpool fans, your passion and dedication to the club will see Liverpool at the top of the game once more."

Club legend Kenny Dalglish will assume control of team matters for Sunday's third round FA Cup tie against Manchester United at Old Trafford.

Henry added: "We are delighted that Kenny Dalglish has agreed to step in and manage the team for Sunday's FA Cup tie at Old Trafford and for the remainder of the season.

"Kenny was not just a legendary footballer, he was the third of our three most successful managers - three giants. We are extraordinarily fortunate and grateful that he has decided to step in during the middle of this season."

Chairman Tom Werner said: "No one who cares for this great club has been happy with the way this season has unfolded and we have examined options and considered at length what is best for us going forward. Kenny will bring considerable experience to the position and provide management and leadership for the rest of the season."

There we have it then

Fowi
There you go. :)

bagaante
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/hodgson-leaves-liverpool-fc

Liverpool FC confirmed today that manager Roy Hodgson has left the club by mutual consent.

Principal Owner John Henry commented: "We are grateful for Roy's efforts over the past six months, but both parties thought it in the best interests of the club that he stand down from his position as team manager. We wish him all the best for the future."

Roy Hodgson said: "Being asked to manage Liverpool Football Club was a great privilege. Any manager would be honoured to manage a club with such an incredible history, such embedded tradition and such an amazing set of fans. Liverpool is one of the great clubs in world football. I have, however, found the last few months some of the most challenging of my career. I am very sad not to have been able to put my stamp on the squad, to be given the time to bring new players into the club in this transfer window and to have been able to be part of the rebuilding process at Liverpool. The club has some great, world-class players, with whom it has been a pleasure to work and I wish the entire squad well for the rest of the season. I thank those with whom I have built up a close working relationship at the club for their loyalty and support during very testing times, and finally of course to the Liverpool fans, your passion and dedication to the club will see Liverpool at the top of the game once more."

Club legend Kenny Dalglish will assume control of team matters for Sunday's third round FA Cup tie against Manchester United at Old Trafford.

Henry added: "We are delighted that Kenny Dalglish has agreed to step in and manage the team for Sunday's FA Cup tie at Old Trafford and for the remainder of the season.

"Kenny was not just a legendary footballer, he was the third of our three most successful managers - three giants. We are extraordinarily fortunate and grateful that he has decided to step in during the middle of this season."

Chairman Tom Werner said: "No one who cares for this great club has been happy with the way this season has unfolded and we have examined options and considered at length what is best for us going forward. Kenny will bring considerable experience to the position and provide management and leadership for the rest of the season."

FinnanFOREngland
8-1-11, 12:10
The King is Back

Fowi
Screw you LJOC! (I don't mean that, I love you)

Kenny's back!

So the cruise thing was not true?

WineForMyMen
FINALLY! I can leave the house

Fleems
With all of bables twittering, I thought it was lucas who was the new manager :(

mkd
8-1-11, 12:11
Whoooooooooooooop! Get in!

TheKarlHeinzeRiddler
Oh my god!

:fl:

Gay flowers for all!

bagaante
long live the king, and screw you too fowi :D (you know i dont mean it mate)

Dynasty-inthe-Making
It's Confirmed :scarf

No offense Roy wish you the best of luck

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

On Wards

Adam.L.F.C
Kenny dalglish is in charge for the fa cup game yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ee

kazonuk
8-1-11, 12:12
The return of the king!

Roy, i was never a fan of yours, but you did try and unfortunately it didn't work out, but thank you for your efforts none the less

Kenny, welcome back home, I hope the players give 100% for the remainder of the season, if things don't work out your legend won't be tarnished in any way

Mike-91
Good and finally.

Welcome back King Kenny.

Cumbrian.
All the best Roy, sorry it didn't work out.

Good luck Kenny.

Fowi
8-1-11, 12:13
LJOC, edit the title so it says Kenny has come in.

Mike-91

TheKarlHeinzeRiddler
I'm SO looking forward to tomorrow now.

It's gonna be mental!

Fowi
8-1-11, 12:14
Why have Roy do the Man Utd preview then? And now it's also been removed from the website. :D

AlvaroRecoba
Happy days. The King is back. *high-pitched girly squeal* :D

SuperSpeedy
Good luck King :)

TeenageMutantNinJaSkrtel
Today is my birthday.

Seriously, today is my birthday.

37 years young.

I think NESV/FSG knew this all along :scarf

Come on Kenny, good performance from the boys tomorrow!!!!!!

Dynasty-inthe-Making
The Return of the KING :scarf

This is a pledge from me to the KING

I swear if we are battling for relegation I will back you up....Thats a promise only a king worthy for such devotion no one else!!

WineForMyMen
8-1-11, 12:15
I'm SO looking forward to tomorrow now.

It's gonna be mental!

Aye. Win, lose or draw...what a boost.

We can start looking forward again.

camred
Sooooooo.....

With the utter ***** squad that we have, how long will it be before we all turn on Dalgish?

That would be heartbreaking. I hope this works out, I really really do.

Best of luck Kenny, you'll need it.

LordJamieOfCarragher
Screw you LJOC! (I don't mean that, I love you)

Kenny's back!

So the cruise thing was not true?

Sorry dude, I was only on the homepage getting the Youth Cup thread ready. :D

Dynasty-inthe-Making
Today is my birthday.

37 years young.

Happy Birthday NJS you picked the right day to be born ;)

Mike90
Farewell Roy, I'm sure that you did try and do the best possible job you could here but it didn't work out.

Good with whatever you decide to do in the future.

On the other hand good luck Kenny, we'll all be right behind you.:scarf

Fowi
8-1-11, 12:16
Seriously, what about Kenny's cruise? Did he demand they turn it around and sail back?

bagaante
8-1-11, 12:16
Why have Roy do the Man Utd preview then? And now it's also been removed from the website. :D

kennys going to do his own
in it he will tell fergie what a **** he is, and offer to have a fight in the car park with him if hes so ******* tough

Carlton Facepalmer
8-1-11, 12:17
A polite reminder guys, Roy was our manager.

It didn't work out. It wasn't deliberate. He gave his best, it wasn't good enough.

Swerve the insults etc, keep some dignity.

Alon1
Good luck Kenny!!

-Blitz-
I would just like to say thank you to Roy for all that he done for this club, yes he was a poor manager but in the end he left with dignity, and I wish him the very best in all future tenure's he may have. Roy, you were not perfect and you never got it right, but you were the manager of our club and while I am not sad to see you go at least you have came out at the end and said the right things.

Now then, as Gandalf once said..."You can not deny the return of the King"...long live King Kenny, and may some good come from this season, all the best Kenny.

YNWA:D

Liverdred1970
8-1-11, 12:18
Amen, thanks for your efforts Roy. :FL:

Ganymede
8-1-11, 12:18

It didn't work out. It wasn't deliberate. He gave his best, it wasn't good enough.

This.

Fowi
8-1-11, 12:19
Does anybody feel it being a bit hollow that they flat out said "until the end of the season"? It's like we can't really discuss what Kenny will do, what his plans are and who he might want to sign.

Jaythered
Wahooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooo!

Yessssssssssssssssssssssss!

Oh Get INNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

K-J
It's Confirmed :scarf

No offense Roy wish you the best of luck

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

On Wards

Wahoo yes welcome back kenny D

lauriantero
8-1-11, 12:20
I'm happy it's sorted. The best of luck for Roy in the future! Welcome back King Kenny!

Mike-91
8-1-11, 12:20
I told NESV to sort it out last night, see they did.

Jaythered
8-1-11, 12:21
Dalglish!

I literally have tears in my eyes!

I couldn't give a flying xxxx what happens tomorrow now.

(okay I do)

Andyfagan
8-1-11, 12:21
Does anybody feel it being a bit hollow that they flat out said "until the end of the season"? It's like we can't really discuss what Kenny will do, what his plans are and who he might want to sign.

I was happy that they said until the end of the season - I was thinking that it'd just be until they got a new guy in, so this is longer than I expected.

Presumably if he does well enough this season then he'll stay on.

K-J
8-1-11, 12:22
I thought kenny was on a cruise??? :HS:

Carlton Facepalmer

Nice one. Now tell them to spend some money.

JaneWarby
Thanks Roy for your efforts.

Long live the King.

HURRAY, HURRAY.............................

Con-Con
kenny takes over, thanks god,

man u 1-4 lpool= tomorro

SuperSpeedy

Their worried that if they want to make a change in the summer the fans might object to it which might make it really difficult

Think thats why they included that line

Rubber65Soul
Aye. Win, lose or draw...what a boost.

We can start looking forward again.Yes. Now its time to re-build this great club. Good news.

Good luck Roy.

Vanoord
8-1-11, 12:23
It'll be a hard road ahead, but the club has got its soul back.

myhomeisskrtbysea
We're gonna win at OT.

So pumped!

Koppingitred
Wooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowo oooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooo oooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooo oowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooo wooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowo oooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooo oooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooo oowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooo wooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowo oooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooo oooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooo oowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooo wooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowo oooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooo oooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooo oowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooo wooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowo oooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooo oooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooo oowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooo wooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowo oooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooo oooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooo oowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooo wooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowo oooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooo oooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooo oowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooo wooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowo oooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooo oooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooo oowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooo wooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowo oooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooooooowooo oooowooooooowooooooowooooooo

Klopptimist

True. And I think much credit goes to the owners for taking their time in order to make sure that everything was lined up properly. They said in their interview they were in it for the long term and I have seen (or heard!) nothing from them that would make me doubt it one moment. Class. Here's to a long and successful future with them!

:scarf

LHunter

Ye me to i ask mr Henry for help.

kazonuk
8-1-11, 12:24

absolutely this ^

he definitely tried, he wasn't a bad person

TeenageMutantNinJaSkrtel
Seriously, what about Kenny's cruise? Did he demand they turn it around and sail back?

Nah, he just jumped off and walked on the water :D

Fowi
I was happy that they said until the end of the season - I was thinking that it'd just be until they got a new guy in, so this is longer than I expected.

Presumably if he does well enough this season then he'll stay on.

There worried that if they want to make a change in the summer the fans might object to it which might make it really difficult

Think thats why they included that line

Granted, but would he actually be allowed to make changes and sign players? Without those two things Kenny will be quite pointless apart from telling great stories to the squad. I'm hoping he's allowed to go all out here and not just be a pawn in the owners' political game.

TAFFYFROG
Clearly the news that will delight all Liverpool fans

SAF will be a lot more worried about tomorrow's FA Cup match with Kenny in charge. It will lift the players and certainly the fans

I hope he agrees to stay for a few years and then develop a successor

If he is allowed to start to lay the fundations for the long term he can start overhauling the first team coaching set up

As great a manager as I think Kenny is (his record is certainly much better than Hodgson's) he cannot work miracles - his time in charge of Newcastle proved that

The owners need to back Kenny in the transfer window

Mike-91
Now the players know they wont be getting away with playing bad anymore.

Darrren1
8-1-11, 12:25

This was my attempt the other day at predicting what Roy would say when he left:

Roy's statement:

'It's a sad day for me and I am very disappointed to be stepping down and leaving this club today, particularly after such a short period of time as manager. I would have liked more time, to try and turn things around but it wasn't to be. I would like to thank all the players for their hard work in this very difficult season and wish them all well for the rest of the season. It's been a great privilege for me to have managed such a famous club and my only regret is that I couldn't deliver the success that the fans so desperately crave. Whoever the new manager is, I wish him and the team all the best for the future.'

Think I pretty much nailed it?! :D

oreon
8-1-11, 12:25

No, not at all. We all know FSGs plan is for a younger, long term manager. I'm surprised they've caved to fan pressure at all.
I personally think it's a bad move on their part as the fans will not want to let Kenny go, think Rafas loyalty multiplied by thousands.

Gazza74
8-1-11, 12:26
Lord in heaven above and holy christ...And i ain't religious...:D

I have just answered a thread about Roy's post match comments and then came out of it to see this and have gone back in to change them...:D

Firstly, i'd like to say thanks to Roy, it didn't work out, it went horribly wrong, but he got the chance to manage this great club and i'd like to wish him well for the future and just say it was a pity his big chance didn't go well.

Good luck Roy for the future and my overall opinion hasn't changed on you...:)

Secondly, on King Kenny, he's my hero, my idol, i love the man and seeing him our dugout again will be very emotional for me having been growing up seeing him there the first time and it will be amazing, even if it's only for a few months.

I actually have a big smile on my face now, whereas i was just nothing waking up and thinking about Cup 3rd round weekend....Man U away now takes on a whole new meaning and King Kenny can resurrect his battle with Ferguson and whatever happens now seeing Kenny in there guiding us makes me feel good now.

I had doubts he wanted to manage again due to his comments, but he clearly meant everyone else, but Liverpool, damn right, he'd come back, and i'm sorry i doubted that element of his comments.

He's back and whatever happens, it'll be emotional indeed seeing him managing this club again..GET IN....:D

LordJamieOfCarragher
Phil Neal as bonkers as ever on SSN now.

Interviewer - "If Kenny does well can you see him carrying on beyond the end of the season?"

Phil - "Yeah obviously, I mean I don't know!"

Mike-91

I thought Babel picked him up?:confused:

PerpetuallyInjured
8-1-11, 12:27
All Hail King Kenny Dalglish.

Long Live The King!!!

Klopptimist

Not really, I'm all for openness and honesty. Right Kenny, now whip the lads into shape!

SuperSpeedy
Granted, but would he actually be allowed to make changes and sign players? Without those two things Kenny will be quite pointless apart from telling great stories to the squad.

It will give a lift to everyone, players fans etc and hopefully just tactics, team selections alone will improve us.

Think he will have a say in transfers but dont think we will spend huge amounts in Jan anyway

WineForMyMen

FSG were in a difficult situation. The likelihood is that the very best young, visionary managers were unavailable at this time in the season so the choice must have been

1) Write off the campaign and stick with Roy until the summer
2) Appoint a second choice long-term manager
3) Broach the emotive issue of bringing Kenny back

They've picked 3...I think it's the best option at present, but none of the options were without their potential drawbacks. To some extent they'll be treading on eggshells with this one so it's important to communicate clearly and openly with the fans. They've announced an initial 'contract' length...now let's see what happens.

In the short term I'm just ecstatic that we can look forward, get out of this current paralysis and go into games expecting to enjoy them again.

BobFiasco
8-1-11, 12:28

Well said. It was definitely time for him to go but I think he'll be just as disappointed as we are that it didn't work out.

Hope it works out with King Kenny

LuisGarciasLittleMan
Thank you NESV!!!

Let's get this season back on track!!

Long live the king!!!

RedResurgence
Thanks for the effort Roy, and good luck for the future.

However,

Welcome back King Kenny, made up to have to have you back where you belong, truly feels like the soul of the club has returned, long live the King. YNWA

:scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf

Yorkshirered
Has he taken poulsen & konchesky with him?

Klopptimist

:D:D

briani
8-1-11, 12:29

So true...deserves a green olive:scarf

Carlton Facepalmer
8-1-11, 12:29
Phil Neal as bonkers as ever on SSN now.

Interviewer - "If Kenny does well can you see him carrying on beyond the end of the season?"

Phil - "Yeah obviously, I mean I don't know!"

Interviewer: "Liverpool are often accused of always looking in the past, have they done that again by appointing Kenny Dalglish.."

WTF.

MH -----> :DH: <------- Interviewer

Fowi
8-1-11, 12:30
FSG were in a difficult situation. The likelihood is that the very best young, visionary managers were unavailable at this time in the season so the choice must have been

1) Write off the campaign and stick with Roy until the summer
2) Appoint a second choice long-term manager
3) Broach the emotive issue of bringing Kenny back

They've picked 3...I think it's the best option at present, but none of the options were without their potential drawbacks. To some extent they'll be treading on eggshells with this one so it's important to communicate clearly and openly with the fans. They've announced an initial 'contract' length...now let's see what happens.

In the short term I'm just ecstatic that we can look forward, get out of this current paralysis and go into games expecting to enjoy them again.

Yea I agree with all that, but beyond Dalglish I feel we need to make changes to the squad and if he isn't really allowed that I'm not sure he'll get us much better results. I doubt he'll have a magic wand and some groundbreaking tactics to bring out the best in these players.

I also hope he gets to shake up the coaching staff because it's very thin and with Kenny not being a hands on coach I fear for our team with Sammy Lee preparing them on weekly basis.

Dynasty-inthe-Making
Lord in heaven above and holy christ...And i ain't religious...:D

I have just answered a thread about Roy's post match comments and then came out of it to see this and have gone back in to change them...:D

Firstly, i'd like to say thanks to Roy, it didn't work out, it went horribly wrong, but he got the chance to manage this great club and i'd like to wish him well for the future and just say it was a pity his big chance didn't go well.

Secondly, on King Kenny, he's my hero, my idol, i love the man and seeing him our dugout again will be very emotional for me having been growing up seeing him there the first time and it will be amazing, even if it's only for a few months.

I actually have a big smile on my face now, whereas i was just nothing waking up and thinking about Cup 3rd round weekend....Man U away now takes on a whole new meaning and King Kenny can resurrect his battle with Ferguson and whatever happens now seeing Kenny in there guiding us makes me feel good now.

I had doubts he wanted to manage again due to his comments, but he clearly meant everyone else, but Liverpool, damn right, he'd come back, and i'm sorry i doubted that element of his comments.

He's back and whatever happens, it'll be emotional indeed seeing him managing this club again..GET IN....:D

Get in Gazza :scarf

old-school
OMG this is the happiest day of my life !!!

Bannivan

Mindgames.

All the best, Roy, you gave it your best shot. Big clubs need managers with big personalities, charisma and exemplary leadership skills. It wasn't your fault you got the job and no one can blame you for taking it on.

Welcome back, Kenny. Do us proud once more.

dreams-come-true
8-1-11, 12:31
Woooooohooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carlton Facepalmer

We need a 'round of applause' smilie.

charmac
Good luck Roy wherever you go, the job was too big for ya Im afraid

Eddes
Sooooooo.....

With the utter ***** squad that we have, how long will it be before we all turn on Dalgish?

Never, Ever.

Kenny is one of us, he will be supported until the end.

Ganymede
Thommo as assistant?

Mike-91
XabiAlonso Xabi Alonso

Good luck King Kenny!!

Fowi
8-1-11, 12:32
Thommo as assistant?

Make it happen as soon as possible. It's time for real men to step in.

WineForMyMen
Lord in heaven above and holy christ...And i ain't religious...

I have just answered a thread about Roy's post match comments and then came out of it to see this and have gone back in to change them...

:D I saw your post in that thread, looked at the time and thought :FP: he hasn't clicked refresh has he ;)

What an atmosphere this is going to give to things. And so intriguing to see his formation and selections etc. given that he's basically watched us over the years as a fan. Who does he really rate and not?

Time to dig out the last football shirt I got...it has DALGLISH 7 on the back :P

starburst
Welcome back Kenny.

I really hope that you can inspire our players like you inspire the hopes of fans around the world.

Hopefully we can turn things around and make this a decent season.
Please do some smart investment this window and do what you do best, prevail liverpools honour.:)

Mike-91
Thommo as assistant?

No Sammy.

DannyCool
XabiAlonso Xabi Alonso
Good luck King Kenny!!
2 minutes ago

old-school
:IN:

Dear lord thank you !

thank you

thank you

thank you

thank you

Ill be a good boy from now on, just don't take him away from us again !!!

:FL:

Tafrow
the king is back in business

starburst
8-1-11, 12:33
This is almost as good as the day the club was taken over by NESV

Captain Mauser
Sensible decision... Good luck for the future Roy.

mill5y
i think you will fnd it is still there

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/hodgson-s-man-utd-preview

K-J
Just wanna say thank you to roy hodgson and thank him for his efforts he's a gentleman and good luck for the future roy...

Welcome back kenny D :)

Ganymede
:IN:

Dear lord thank you !

thank you

thank you

thank you

thank you

Ill be a good boy from now on, just don't take him away from us again !!!

:FL:

This is the only downside to Kenny's appointment. The owners are going to be unpopular inthe summer.

SuzeP
I have tears in my eyes, and a lump in my throat, but my face hurts from smiling - I never thought it would really happen but the king is back :D

Whatusmoking
8-1-11, 12:34
Woooooohoooooooo!!!

Get in!!!!!!!!!!!

Ceremony announced for tommoz at old trafford, the king is back, be afraid Fergie, very afraid.

Scrams
Welcome home king kenny.

Ganymede
No Sammy.

I hope Thommo comes back though.

SOBYRNE
8-1-11, 12:35
wowzer cant believe they didnt wait till end of season !

-MagicNumber10-
Welcome back King Kenny! :)

Good luck for the future Roy, sorry it didn't work out.

starburst
This is the only downside to Kenny's appointment. The owners are going to be unpopular inthe summer.

But we know already now that this is until summer.
We cant complain about this. Its something almost everybody wanted and now its taken. Be happy.

Trashman
The right decision, all the best to Roy, genuinely nice guy who tried is best but ....

Good luck to Kenny, perfect timing too, in a win-win situation tomorrow.

K-J
8-1-11, 12:36
Did kenny take a rocket back to liverpool then?? :D

RedRichie
8-1-11, 12:37
Now I feel like spending a fortune at the club shop again. Grrrrr... :D

Whatusmoking
If he turns it around and we finish strongly i can see him staying in the job beyond the summer, after all who is there out there to give the job to.

bigalkopite
Great! I can apply for the job as translator for Kenny!! Only kidding KD - go get 'em Tiger!!:scarf

Fowi
8-1-11, 12:38
Does anybody know if Kenny will speak to the website before the game tomorrow?

Carlton Facepalmer

Can't see how this will reflect badly on them in any way.

They have made it perfectly clear he is in charge until the summer, he is there to stop the rot that has set in this season.

They want a younger manager in the summer, and Kenny will resume his development role.

JammitLFC
Hodgson stepped in when many didn't have the bottle to try and help us in what was a dire situation for the club, and for that I respect him, thank him for trying and wish him the best. Alot of the flak he received I believe went too far, but I feel Kenny in charge now offers a big boost and I hope his legendary status and passion now gets into our squad. Come on lads :)

ceredred
Well the so called player power days are ended as Dalglish will put everyone of our squad in it's place and show them who is in charge of the team.

Mike-91

Not sure, but i don't know why they did one with Roy.

Zoinks
8-1-11, 12:39
So we finally arrive where we should have been in the summer. IMO with Kenny in charge. What a nonsensical appointment Roy was considering what was going on at the time re club sale. Still he walks off into the sunset with a big fat paycheck for basically failing at the task in hand,

Best of luck Roy but you can see why Kenny put himself forward as the best man for the job at the time. Though power politics were going on at the time I would imagine & I suppose Roy made sense as a yes man appointment & easy to remove when the time came. And here it has arrived; probably sooner than expected for most, but for the best interest of both parties. You could see the man having health issues if he hung around much longer & we continued our current form.

So finally at least for the short term we have an appointment which should unify the club after the divisions under the Rafa era & Hodgsons reign. Hopefully now everyone can be reading from the same page as FSG say is needed to take this club forward.

A big Phew! :D Best of luck Kenny YNWA

Luca05-10-09
Well the so called player power days are ended as Dalglish will put everyone of our squad in it's place and show them who is in charge of the team.

Spot on

shody1976
I'd just like to say good luck and all the best in the future to Roy, I'm sorry it just didn't work out for him here.

Kennys back - ******* yessssssssssssssssss!!!!!!

:scarf :scarf :scarf

Top of the kop
Not sure, but i don't know why they did one with Roy.

was strange

WineForMyMen
8-1-11, 12:40
Yea I agree with all that, but beyond Dalglish I feel we need to make changes to the squad and if he isn't really allowed that I'm not sure he'll get us much better results. I doubt he'll have a magic wand and some groundbreaking tactics to bring out the best in these players.

I also hope he gets to shake up the coaching staff because it's very thin and with Kenny not being a hands on coach I fear for our team with Sammy Lee preparing them on weekly basis.

True, but no doubt that was one of the points of Comolli? A continuity factor and an overarching vision in terms of recruitment?

Will be really interesting to see what he does with the current players and staff given that he's basically watched us as closely as the fans have over the years (+ the added benefit of observing training and knowing people first hand etc.) and so must have formed some fairly definitive opinions.

Ibeeeeey-lieve
8-1-11, 12:40
Babels tweets make sense then...

whooop whoop...

THE KING IS BACK :D:scarf

planetdsa
8-1-11, 12:41
.....and breathe!

Amazing news and I am so chuffed that King Kenny is back! As an old-timer supporter I can remember how Kenny managed his sides and we are in for a far better brand of football than we have seen in a while. Attacking football is part of our tradition and that is the way we need to play now.

Many thanks to Roy Hodgson for his efforts - not up to the standard expected by us at LFC but I hope that he goes on elsewhere and is a success.

YNWA!
:D

stevenc
Bye bye Roy

Welcome Kenny :D

jonesylfc
So when is kenny back in liverpool not seen him yet

Ganymede
Can't see how this will reflect badly on them in any way.

They have made it perfectly clear he is in charge until the summer, he is there to stop the rot that has set in this season.

They want a younger manager in the summer, and Kenny will resume his development role.

Even so a lot will still want him to stay.

Gazza74
I hope people back off the new owners now to.

Henry and Werner have made the decision people asked for and the stick they were starting to get was just stupid.

Leave them alone to do their job and look what happens, YOU GET ACTION.

I hope people will back off now and just let them get on with things and as they said on the day they arrived, "Judge us on our actions, not our words".

Well done FSG for staying cool, calm, silent, but behind closed doors sorting things out and now doing it...:)

K-J
8-1-11, 12:42
Lets hope kenny can get torres back to doing what he does best eh? and the rest of the players...

Gerrardinho5
Well done NESV, I've no doubt they thought about the fans when making this decision.

All the best to Roy, for the future!

RedLeader
Many sympathies, Roy. Glad you're out of the firing line. It wasn't pleasant to watch. Glad the job didn't give you a heart attack. No job is worth that!

So, we've come full circle.
Good luck, Kenny.

WineForMyMen
8-1-11, 12:43
Thommo as assistant?

Good call.

More recent coaching experience. Good tactical/defensive know-how.

djskuff
Kenny back where he belongs.. Should of been given another chance before now tbh..

youwannabe

About time. Great it is before OT. just watch the spring in the players step!! Ol' whiskey nose is hurting I bet..!! Great weekend coming up..:):):)

Fowi
True, but no doubt that was one of the points of Comolli? A continuity factor and an overarching vision in terms of recruitment?

Will be really interesting to see what he does with the current players and staff given that he's basically watched us as closely as the fans have over the years (+ the added benefit of observing training and knowing people first hand etc.) and so must have formed some fairly definitive opinions.

Yea him being around, as opposed to appointing Rangnick or Rijkaard, is that he doesn't really need to assess the team all that much. Although his opinion might change once he sees who can or cannot carry out his instructions.

I'm a tad disappointed we have to view this as a short term thing and I'm hoping he doesn't approach it in that way. We need him to kick ass, but if he knows he'll be gone in 6 months or has had his hands tied he might do things differently. In all fairness I'd rather they had given him a 2½ years contract right now. If it doesn't work out some package could have been worked out in the end anyway.

K-J
Im looking forward to kenny press confrence just to see in writing again

KENNY DALGLISH
Liverpool manager :) :) :) :scarf

WineForMyMen
8-1-11, 12:44

I assume there'll be a brief general interview with him up on the site some time late afternoon, early evening.

RideTheWalrus
8-1-11, 12:45
Pretty suprised he's gone a this time, a day before United. But still, rejoice!
*Plays Lord Of The Rings music* Retuuuuuurn of the Kiiiiiiiiiiing.

LordJamieOfCarragher
8-1-11, 12:45
SSN

Speculation that Ian Rush might be Kenny's assistant.

mediumspirit
8-1-11, 12:46
What a great new year present Kenny:D:D is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now kick them over paid players up the arse Kenny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

K-J
On ssn now rumoured that rush may come in as kennys assistant what a dream team that would be :scarf

Luca05-10-09
SSN

That puts a bit of a dampener on things

Ganymede
On ssn now rumoured that rush may come in as kennys assistant what a dream team that would be :scarf

We'd score a lot! :D

K-J
SSN

Ah u beat me too it :D

brummiered01
8-1-11, 12:47
So what are our expectations now with Kenny in charge?

I still expect a 6th place finish with the players we have, even from this position

Luca05-10-09

Dream team? You been watching to much dream team lad

christhered
wow!!!!

BigRedOne1
We're on the march.......................:D

SuperSpeedy
SSN

First choice by a mile is Thommo but would be happy with Rush

K-J
That puts a bit of a dampener on things

What????? are u serious???

Lomes
SSN

:eek: Strewth..it really is starting to feel like LFC again...It would be nice for this to be true...Perhaps some of the current players might experience what it is 'actually' like being a Liverpool player!:)

Luca05-10-09
8-1-11, 12:48
What????? are u serious???

He isnt an assistant or a coach

Brego
so has sammy lee finally left also?

omarYNWA
Glad Hodgson is gone and the king is back but i just hope we turn it around, I would hate to see Dalglsih struggle.

K-J
Dream team? You been watching to much dream team lad

Um fraser dainton on ssn said "dream team" so try winding someone else up!!

festinho
8-1-11, 12:49
Yeeeeeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

wavertreegirl
I had hoped that Roy would work out and I think he did try. I wish him well for the future!

Kenny is an absolute hero for us all and I don't think that there is anyone better to take over at this time! Normally I don't believe in going backwards but I hope that this is the start of getting Liverpool back to where they belong - AT THE TOP!!!!! I just hope that whatever happens between now and the end of the season, everyone stands by Kenny and ALWAYS remembers what a brilliant player/manager/ambassador he has been for our great club!! I don't think that all of our problems will suddenly go away because Roy has left and Kenny doesn't have an easy task ahead of him!

Recent months have been terrible for all Liverpool fans, I've been a supporter since 1971 and even though we've had times when we've not been playing well, I can't remember such a depressing time as we've been through recently. What upsets me most is not that we are not winning and are mid table but all of this and all of the trouble with H&G tarnishes Liverpool's great and prooud history! This is not what Liverpool is all about! Hopefully we can put all of these things behind us now, look to the future and get things back to the Liverpool way!!

Puna
the KING is back!

Cannot wait to see him in the dugout.

All the best Roy, good luck in the future.

Fowi
8-1-11, 12:50
Not sure Rush has all that much to offer in terms of coaching or managing.

Luca05-10-09
Um fraser dainton on ssn said "dream team" so try winding someone else up!!

Cloud 9 mate you

CARROLFC
In Dalglish we trust :scarf

Ellibertador
Woohoo....thank god.

Bye bye Roy.

Long love the King!!!!! :scarf:scarf

Eddes
8-1-11, 12:51
One thing this will clear up is Torres thoughts, if he doesn't give everything for the King then we know he doesn't want to be here.

Personally i think he's just been a bit miffed at the lack of investment/management decisions and not been 100% fit at times but with Kenny about there are no excuses.

LordJamieOfCarragher
Fan outside Melwood

"I'm surprised he's gone but I'm not surprised really!"

Luca05-10-09
Not sure Rush has all that much to offer in terms of coaching or managing.

Exactly Fowi

schaffhausenred
Well, it has come as many of us expected it would come. Roy has left LFC, and Kenny takes over the reins until season end. For whatever reason, Roy was unable to make it work. As a person he was a true gentlemen, and has enjoyed significant success as a manager, not just with Fulham, but more notably in bringing Switzerland to the fore of European football in the mid 90's. But he hasn't always been able to make it work, and clearly with LFC he was out of his depth. He was simply unable to instil confidence in the team, or motivate them. Watching him in the dugout was sometimes painful. Not even he could believe what he was seeing. The players didn't always perform, but in the end it's the manager who must take responsibility. Roy give it his best, that I am sure of, and he didn't deserve the recent treatment he received from certain fans. In fact we should all stand up and applaud Roy for leaving a comfortable position at Fulham and picking up the poisoned chalice of managing Liverpool through this difficult transition. Kenny, though, has no magic wand. He will have more or less the same players, but also the same problems. He knows the problems within the club, however, and is taking this on with his eyes wide open. Kenny is therefore easily the best option available for the club at this time. Can he be the inspiration the players need? If not he, then who can? I wish him success.

Luca05-10-09
Fan outside Melwood

Al87
8-1-11, 12:52
Great news. If nothing else this will lift the mood around the club hugely! Thanks to Roy for his departing statement, was a nice touch from a gentleman. But it wasn't working and he had to go.

I can't for the life of me work out why they announced it today rather than yesterday or day before, and let Roy take training yesterday????

Good day :)

jonesylfc
8-1-11, 12:53
Fan outside Melwood

Probably means he is suprised he has gone the day before man united which we all are but he is not suprised has has gone

TeenageMutantNinJaSkrtel

Who is to say, that if things go well, he won't get a contract extension (fingers crossed, finger's crossed).

Let say his tactics, methods, presence gets the player's playing like we know they can, drags us up the table, qualfies for Europa, wins the Europa - it would be silly not to give him the job full time?

He is only 60 isn't he. Could get another 5, 6, 7 or 8 years out of him.

WineForMyMen
Yea him being around, as opposed to appointing Rangnick or Rijkaard, is that he doesn't really need to assess the team all that much. Although his opinion might change once he sees who can or cannot carry out his instructions.

I'm a tad disappointed we have to view this as a short term thing and I'm hoping he doesn't approach it in that way. We need him to kick ass, but if he knows he'll be gone in 6 months or has had his hands tied he might do things differently. In all fairness I'd rather they had given him a 2½ years contract right now. If it doesn't work out some package could have been worked out in the end anyway.

I don't know. Along with all the excitement and nostalgia of what Kenny could restore, there have always been legitimate concerns too...most notably his time away from management.

There's 3 weeks to work in for January. No doubt Kenny would have in mind some definite sales, and Comolli will have a short-list (and possibly have made initial contact) with some promising youngsters. So some rebuilding can already take place on that front.

Then it's up to Kenny to get the best out of the squad - a significant number of which were still involved in the 08-09 season...and a squad which sent record numbers to the WC.

There won't be an awful amount of pressure in terms of results. Domestically, even just getting into the Europa spots would be a decent achievement now. It will mostly be down to performances. Can Kenny get us taking the game to teams? Can he get us organised like a team? Can he find the balance? Get the likes of Torres, Gerrard, Cole performing to their attacking best?

If he does that them there's a very good chance he'll have a job beyond the summer. If we could have offered Roy a similar contract then it would have been great, but it obviously it doesn't work like that when you are taking a manager from their contract at another club. The bonus with Kenny is that we can take things step by step.

itsmyname
Just heard the news, mixed emotions shock, suprise at the timing. I was going to avoid this weekend, didnt even put the computer on this morning. Good luck for Kenny and the boys tomorrow, hope we have that new manager win that I hate when the opposition do it. Newcastle this year Portsmouth last etc.
YNWA

LordJamieOfCarragher
8-1-11, 12:54
Probably means he is suprised he has gone the day before man united which we all are but he is not suprised has has gone

You make as much sense as he did. :)

Top of the kop

ya think were all like that

RedDylan
It is a sad day for Roy Hodgson but let’s be fair this is a great day for LFC going forward.
Roy should never have been appointed to the job. He never understood the scale of the job he had or the importance of the relationship with the fans. In short, the man was way out of his dept.

Thankfully - a terrible mistake has been corrected and common sense has finally prevailed.

Top of the kop
8-1-11, 12:55
You make as much sense as he did. :)

everyone thought he'd take charge of the man u game atleast so its a surprise hes gone today

Gazza74
8-1-11, 12:55
Fan outside Melwood

Sky must handpick the worst Liverpool fans to speak to each time they do it..:D

Fowi
8-1-11, 12:56
Fan outside Melwood

That was Rush, wasn't it? :D

dreams-come-true
8-1-11, 12:56
hope you are right!!!! Torres will be pleased though I think.

Terrytibbs
8-1-11, 12:57
Best decision made personally bringing in Kenny. And especially how they've said until the end of the season, so at least we know they have future candidates in line. I hope for both us and Kenny he does a great job, it'll be interesting at the end of the season if Kenny is making us beast everyone :) whether he'll stay on or not.

Either way if he does a good job then I don't see any point in getting rid in the summer, so it's good that there's no pressure on him as it's only a stand in placement.

dreams-come-true
8-1-11, 12:57
Fan outside Melwood

dey dooo doe dont di doe?

LordJamieOfCarragher
8-1-11, 12:58
That was Rush, wasn't it? :D

Not looking forward to any Rush interview! :(

dey dooo doe dont di doe?

:)

Goalrush09
8-1-11, 12:58
Don't know what to think!!!

Delighted that Kenny's back but also very apprehensive at what he's going to be able to do with our current squad.

I'm hoping that the owners have given him some assurances regarding availability of money for him to improve the squad as while I expect the current players to perform better we all know their limitations.

I have no doubts that Kenny has what it takes to manage in the modern game...I'm just concerned that what we saw happening to Roy (stress, tension etc) over last few months doesn't happen to one of our greatest club legends ever.

Is Kenny mad to take this job or it complete belief in his own ability that has him confident that he can make our team better?????

I'm praying that we get some good quick results and he can ride a wave of confidence.:scarf

Jules33
8-1-11, 12:59
Massively excited and I have absolutely no idea what to expect.....wow

chaz
8-1-11, 13:00
Today is my birthday.

37 years young.

Happy Birthday... bet I know what you wished for when you blew out the candles, and guess what "you got it"!! :)

youwannabe
8-1-11, 13:04

False !! I could not disagree with you more. ! Do not give Kenny a lengthy contract It would be a really bad idea. ! Guardiola at Barca is on a one year roling contract.Guardiola( like Kenny) loves his CLUB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT MATTERS NOT WHEN THE CLUB IS IN YOUR HEART EVEN IF TOU ARE MANAGER FOR 6 MINUTES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Kenny will not do a worse job if he is only there for 6 months!

BornRed70
8-1-11, 13:06
Has there been any word on the number two spot?

LivNr9
8-1-11, 13:08
I only hope that people won't panic if we would lose tomorrow. He's only had one day, don't expect miracles :)

But make us proud :scarf:

Mike-91
8-1-11, 13:09
danroan Dan Roan
Hodgson departure finalised in board meeting held this morning - Dalglish on way back from Dubai - tmrw v Utd monumental occasion

runebinder
8-1-11, 13:09
Wasn't keen when Hodgson's name cropped up in the summer, my preferences back then was for Kenny. However Roy got the job so as manager gave him my support, unfortunately after some baffling team selections and awful results that started to waiver. Think the crystallising moment for me was Roy's claims after the Everton game. To see such a one dimensional and poor performance which seemed so lacking in passion for a merseyside derby, and then hear Roy wax lyrical about how well we'd played was the straw that broke the camel's back for me.

So very happy with todays news. Will say though for all my dissatisfaction with Roy, I don't think he deserved the insults hurled at him, can't blame him for taking the job and wanting to prove himself, but the guy was clearly was out of his depth.

Hopefully we'll here that Sammy Lee has also left or stepped down to being a coach and we get Thompson in as assistant. What a combo that'd be!

All the best for the future Roy, don't begrudge you for being ambitious and giving it a go. Welcome back Kenny :D

Ibeeeeey-lieve
8-1-11, 13:10
and my 1000th post goes to...

King Kenny

Welcome back my King!

It is truly a blessing to have the opportunity to see you in the Liverpool dugout again. I was too young to remember it the last time you were in this position for the mighty Reds, but I will savour every moment of it this time round!

I dont have to tell you what this club means to its fans, you know it better than anyone else! Your presence alone will have Anfield rocking once more....!

I wish you good luck, and I hope and pray that your reign is as successfull as possible so that you are rewarded with a longer term opportunity.... and ultimately lead this club back to glory!

Welcome again King Kenny........!!!

Fowi
8-1-11, 13:11
danroan Dan Roan
Hodgson departure finalised in board meeting held this morning - Dalglish on way back from Dubai - tmrw v Utd monumental occasion

So he might not even get back before the game? Wow man, talk about being unprofessional. Man up Kenny! :D

Come on Sammy!!!

Bakuvian_AZ
8-1-11, 13:12
Thanks God!!!!

THanks NESV!!

The King is back!!! What a news!!!!!

I wonder if betting houses have changed odds on MU - LFC clash

Ibeeeeey-lieve
and my 1000th post goes to...

King Kenny

Welcome back my King!

It is truly a blessing to have the opportunity to see you in the Liverpool dugout again. I was too young to remember it the last time you were in this position for the mighty Reds, but I will savour every moment of it this time round!

I dont have to tell you what this club means to its fans, you know it better than anyone else! Your presence alone will have Anfield rocking once more....!

I wish you good luck, and I hope and pray that your reign is as successfull as possible so that you are rewarded with a longer term opportunity.... and ultimately lead this club back to glory!

Welcome again King Kenny........!!!

man up - who negged me for this? :D

domino
Yes, get in!

******* suck on that Purslow!

Darrren1
8-1-11, 13:13
Thanks God!!!!

THanks NESV!!

The King is back!!! What a news!!!!!

I wonder if betting houses have changed odds on MU - LFC clash

Yeah, we're favourites now!

Chickenliver
8-1-11, 13:14
Sooooooo.....

Liverpool fans will NEVER turn on Kenny, never. How can you turn on a man who's done so much for this club? If he fails, he fails but he will always be loved and he will always be the King!

I'm so happy he's back, i even had a little teary moment :crying:scarf

ToTaLxTc
Thommo wants in! Give him a call Kenny.

LFC4Stevie
It's Fairytale stuff. United the runaway leaders in the league, Managed by soar old git for 25 years, Liverpool FC, only recovering from being ruined by two scumbags appiont their greatest ever player and last man to lead them to a league title as manager the day before the two sides meet in an FA Cup 3rd round tie.

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!

jonesylfc
8-1-11, 13:15
Thommo wants in! Give him a call Kenny.

has he just said this on SSN

Berg1
8-1-11, 13:16
What a great lift!

Importat King Kenny gets the money to strenghten the squad now!

I`m off to training. Bench 400, easy today with this boost!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn8WkLjnqCI

jonesylfc
man up - who negged me for this? :D

fixed it mate repped probably just a mistake by someone

domino
Roy was told at 8pm last night.

He was happy to carry on, so why the club are putting it out as mutual consent I don't know

He was sacked.

ToTaLxTc
has he just said this on SSN

Well not blatantly. But he said that - in the same way Kenny has answered a call for help - help from him would always be there (if required) because the club's in his blood.

LiverpoolOne
8-1-11, 13:17
Time to shine Red men. With the King at the helm the players need to step up to the mark and prove to Kenny they deserve to wear the shirt. Happy days!!

Well done Henry, respect!

jonesylfc
8-1-11, 13:18
Well not blatantly. But he said that, in the same way Kenny has answered a call for help, help from him would always be there )if required) because the club's in his blood.

Would like him back as assistant manager hope it happens

Alpha Papa
8-1-11, 13:19
Get in!

My one concern abuot this is that Kenny has to go to OT first game. Would have preferred first game to be Everton at home. A cauldron at Anfield.

Ah well. Long live the King!

ToTaLxTc
8-1-11, 13:19
Would like him back as number assistant manager hope it happens

I can't see Sammy Lee getting the boot though. :FP:

KOPGIRL1971
8-1-11, 13:20
Breaking News from Dubai: Passengers onboard Silver Wind have taken over the ship, in protest at the sudden departure of Liverpool legend Kenny Dalglish, who was co-hosting the luxury cruise around the Middle East, two days before the ship was due back in Dubai on Monday morning (Jan 10th).

One disgruntled passenger, retired doctor Geoff Harvey, said: "We have taken over the galley in protest, as we all paid thousands of pounds to come on this cruise and hear his stories about his playing and managing days. Now we hear he's left the ship to oversee an FA Cup tie in Manchester. We're furious!"

However, retired Liverpool docker Bill Yates, also on the cruise, said: "I've waited 20 years for this moment - the King returning to Anfield to lead out the Mighty Reds. Get in there Kenny!"

(not true obviously :))

LiverpoolOne
8-1-11, 13:24
Breaking News from Dubai: Passengers onboard Silver Wind have taken over the ship, in protest at the sudden departure of Liverpool legend Kenny Dalglish, who was co-hosting the luxury cruise around the Middle East, two days before the ship was due back in Dubai on Monday morning (Jan 10th).

One disgruntled passenger, retired doctor Geoff Harvey, said: "We have taken over the galley in protest, as we all paid thousands of pounds to come on this cruise and hear his stories about his playing and managing days. Now we hear he's left the ship to oversee an FA Cup tie in Manchester. We're furious!"

However, retired Liverpool docker Bill Yates, also on the cruise, said: "I've waited 20 years for this moment - the King returning to Anfield to lead out the Mighty Reds. Get in there Kenny!"

(not true obviously :))

Class!! Give em all a ticket for the Everton slaying!

Fowi
8-1-11, 13:25
Kenny at his best (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa51FVb6QPg&feature=related)

GottaWearShades
8-1-11, 13:27
This is fantastic. I can't see a downside at all. He won't take time to get up to speed with the players. The players will play for him, which should lead to an improvement in the short-term. If he does a great job in the 6 months, he can stay.

If the people that say he has been out of the game for too long - which I personally doubt - are proved right, we can look at someone else. who won't be a panic appointment.

Most of the focus is on his existing links but is there anyone we could possibly have got with a better managerial record.

PrideOfPaisley
8-1-11, 13:29
Now the players know they wont be getting away with playing bad anymore.

^^This.

Win lose or draw tomorrow, one things for sure. Kenny simply will not tolerate prima donnas who don't sweat blood for the shirt.

Good luck Roy - thanks for trying.

Welcome back to the hot seat Kenny. We're behind you all the way. You're just the man to stop the decline.

I couldn't be happier :D

YNWA!

AggersLeftHook
I hope all this means that Agger will not be sold and, as a consequence, we will start playing football again instead of airball...

RedRiverRising
Sorry that Roy's tenure was so unsuccessful. You did your best and did not deserve the personal insults thrown your way. As an ex-Liverpool manager, all the best in the future.

Absolutely stoked to see the King back. Welcome home!
Can't wait to see the atmosphere at Anfield for the derby. Glory days are coming back!

Ibeeeeey-lieve
8-1-11, 13:30
ah man - i'd love to hear his first team talk at Old Trafford! :)

graham-47
shrewed move by NESV making Kenny manager till the end of the season, knowing who ever they employ as manager there would still be people saying kenny should have got the job.
this way they unite the fans behind the new manager in the summer if kenny doesnt make an impact this season with this squad.

Id like to wish Roy all the best for the future the job was just to big for him.
also id like to welcome the King Kenny back and looking forward to the second half of the season with more optimism.

YNWA

Mike-91
So he might not even get back before the game? Wow man, talk about being unprofessional. Man up Kenny! :D

Come on Sammy!!!

He's trying his best, he turned the boat around himself. And is now flying the plane:D

REDULATE
8-1-11, 13:31
Just been woking up by my mum and raced down to put Sky Sports News, right now I feel like I'm 10 on christmas day.

We can now look forward to the Scum on Sunday.

YNWA

deanviv
8-1-11, 13:32
Somebody said, we have rubbish squad - so how long will it be till we turn on kenny ! I say, anybody that turns on Kenny should be ashamed !! he has done more for this club than any of us have ever done !! this is why he is called "King Kenny" - He has won the league in the top flight with two different clubs - old red nose cant say that !! They talk about experience etc etc, but I reckon a lot of it is about respect - would you play for your manager ? well Kenny has that alright !! he has won it all !! if I was a pleayer, I would know that I am sat in front of a world legend - I think they will run through brick walls for the King !!
Come on the reds !! bring on Manure, bring on the world !!!!!!!!!!

0oRallo0
8-1-11, 13:33
Glad kenny is stepping in. Just seen the news there now. Although it was coming i didn't think it would happen for a week or two.

LiverpoolOne
8-1-11, 13:34
Sorry that Roy's tenure was so unsuccessful. You did your best and did not deserve the personal insults thrown your way. As an ex-Liverpool manager, all the best in the future.......

Good shout mate. All the best Roy. Long live the King!!

Sneets
8-1-11, 13:34
Dalglish was the only possible option in view of the dearth of good managers currently available, if this doesn't get our moribund team going nothing will. Hopefully Dalglish will pull in Phil Thompson, that should send a shock through their systems as there would be no more faffing about with those two around. I hope this all works out and the arrangement becomes permanent. It should also unite the supporters which will be a very good thing.

0oRallo0
8-1-11, 13:36
Kenny just arriving in liverpool straight from the cruise, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgMW9KYRJ7o

LivNr9
8-1-11, 13:36
Do you guys thinks there will be transfers now?

Thespian
8-1-11, 13:37
I still find it extraordinary that Purslow didn't give Dalglish the job in the first place and will look forward to an explaination at some point.......:confused:

ladyanfield4eva
8-1-11, 13:39
It was said on ssn that even the appointment of Kenny will not change anything , because to many of the players in the red shirt are just not good enough to be playing for LFC .. until these players are changed for more top quality players then and only then will things start to change for the better
:(:(

goanirish
8-1-11, 13:40
Good luck to Roy for the future. He wasn't a bad man just not the man for Liverpool.

Here's to the returning King. Finally back to lead the charge in the fight against mediocracy. Unfinished business is waiting! Come on LIVERPOOL :scarf

YNWA

LiverpoolOne
8-1-11, 13:40
I still find it extraordinary that Purslow didn't give Dalglish the job in the first place and will look forward to an explaination at some point.......:confused:

Good point mate but I think now the only way we should look is forward...and with optimism!! So looking forward to Sunday now!

graham-47
8-1-11, 13:41

could it be the old owners where still in place,NESV had not bought the club so he was did him a favour.

fy7reds
8-1-11, 13:42
It should also unite the supporters which will be a very good thing.

No chance, OOT's out of Anfield.

Stan85
8-1-11, 13:42
Awesome news!

I'm suprised it has happened before tomorrow, but very excited now!!

I also want to say thanks to Roy for his efforts and I hope he does well in the future.

The derby at Anfield is going to be absolutely amazing!!!!

ShallowHal
8-1-11, 13:45
Well Thank **** he's finally gone , now lets start getting back on track again.

kop442
8-1-11, 13:47
Blessed be thy name O Lord Our God.

Blessed be this day forever in the history of the universe.

Special blessings on all children born on this day.

Please, let us NEVER see a Negative Manager at Liverpool ever again, O Lord our God.

Help Liverpool not to make big mistakes ever again O Lord of all Worlds.

THANK YOU. THANK YOU. THANK YOU, O LORD OUR GOD.

:):):):):)

Mapeke
8-1-11, 13:48
I'm glad Roy is gone and quite happy about Kenny being appointed. But he is not a miracle worker and unless he is allowed to sign players we'll still have a poor squad. Kenny will unite the support which will in-turn lift the team.

Silverthorn
8-1-11, 13:51
BBC Football Focus was recorded during the week, all the Liverpool articles still mention Roy in trouble, holding onto his job. Hilarious to watch. :FP:

LiverpoolOne
8-1-11, 13:52
I'm glad Roy is gone and quite happy about Kenny being appointed. But he is a miracle worker and unless he is allowed to sign players we'll still have a poor squad. Kenny will unite the support which will in-turn lift the team.

I know it was a typo and you meant 'but he is not a miracle worker....' but lets hope he is!!! Its only a small step from a king to a god!

cravenz
8-1-11, 13:53
Get in!!!!!!!!! :D :scarf

It was never meant to be Roy, sorry mate, but good luck.

YNWA.

El Ivy
8-1-11, 13:55
Apologies if this has been answered folks but I've just got in from watching my daughter play football. Great news.

I thought Kenny was on a boat in Dubai???

Is he definitely here in the country to take charge??

Berg1
110762 :FL:
050505 :FL:
080111 :FL:

cravenz
I have a deja vu moment of Istanbul and the bloke who couldn't believe it in the stands when Liverpool came back. Not sure if anyone knows which part I'm talking about. My dvd ain't with me, but I'm just ecstatic.

LordJamieOfCarragher
8-1-11, 13:56
Apologies if this has been answered folks but I've just got in from watching my daughter play football. Great news.

I thought Kenny was on a boat in Dubai???

Is he definitely here in the country to take charge??

He is on his way back today, Babel is lending him his helicopter.

:fl:

Is this your phone number?

LivNr9
8-1-11, 13:57
Don't know much about him as a manager. But would you think that if a player doesn't give enough effort, he would bench the player? (even if it would be gerrard, torres, ...)

I'd like someone like that, play the people who will run their heart out

El Ivy
8-1-11, 13:58

Where is he now then. Don't we have Kenny cam set up? Like when OJ went mad?

0oRallo0
8-1-11, 14:00
[QUOTE=LordJamieOfCarragher;4792808]He is on his way back today, Babel is lending him his helicopter.

here he is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgMW9KYRJ7o

Berg1
8-1-11, 14:00

Is this your phone number?

Yes :D Call me some day ;)

OR, it could be my birth day, Istanbul, and today. Three of my top moments :scarf

Gazza74
8-1-11, 14:02

I have visions of the film, "Planes, Trains and automobiles", with Kenny the Steve Martin character trying to get back for tomorrow...:D

LiverpoolOne
8-1-11, 14:03
I have visions of the film, "Planes, Trains and automobiles", with Kenny the Steve Martin character trying to get back for tomorrow...:D

Surely something more biblical!! Help me out...

44red
long overdue. no offense to roy. he was a good man but he was taking us to the point of no return. fans need someone who will provide some feel-good factor even if all the results dont go our way. in the short term, that man is King Kenny. and maybe he will surprise the press (especially Sky sports who are sprouting crap already to protect roy's image) by leading a major revival in this 2nd part of the season. in fact, let the season begin:)

Chickenliver
It was said on ssn that even the appointment of Kenny will not change anything , because to many of the players in the red shirt are just not good enough to be playing for LFC .. until these players are changed for more top quality players then and only then will things start to change for the better

SSN speak a load of ******* **** most of the time, what the players need is someone who they respect who has been there done it and worn the t-shirt, someone who will give them belief and confidence and a sense of warmth, Kenny is that man, he's a lovely person who will make those players raise their game, i don't doubt this.

Mapeke
8-1-11, 14:04
Right, now that Hodgson is gone and Kenny is back. Lets sign some ******* players!

Thespian
8-1-11, 14:06

These players are better than 12th and I'm sure Dalglish will help prove that.

-Monk-
8-1-11, 14:06
yes :d call me some day ;)

or, it could be my birth day, istanbul, and today. Three of my top moments :scarf

250505 ;)

caple
8-1-11, 14:08
SSN speak a load of ******* **** most of the time, what the players need is someone who they respect who has been there done it and worn the t-shirt, someone who will give them belief and confidence and a sense of warmth, Kenny is that man, he's a lovely person who will make those players raise their game, i don't doubt this.

Our squad is *****.

Kenny will do better than Hodgson almost certainly, but our squad is undoubtedly *****.