PDA

View Full Version : Liverpool make Sevilla striker Alvaro Negredo back-up option

bloodsrunsred
19-1-11, 13:09
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/media-watch/liverpool-make-sevilla-striker-alvaro-negredo-back-up-option

What do you guys think? Would you be happy to get him if Suarez deal falls through? I would..

Al87
19-1-11, 13:13
I rate him although i don't know how well he'd link up with torres. Certainly not a bad fall back option.

Japlin
19-1-11, 13:17
I kinda thought Suarez was someone who could drop deeper and almost play behind Torres, but can also fill in for when Torres is injured/rested... Negredo seems like an out and out striker and it seems like a lot of money for a back-up...

Dilinja
19-1-11, 13:19
I kinda thought Suarez was someone who could drop deeper and almost play behind Torres, but can also fill in for when Torres is injured/rested... Negredo seems like an out and out striker and it seems like a lot of money for a back-up...

What price are they quoting?

Brego
19-1-11, 13:19
He'd never move as a back up to Torres, he's too good for that.
And im not sure how he'd pair with Torres

Belfast-Connect
19-1-11, 13:20
i think that there's been 3 posts in this thread already and nobody has mentioned the 'smokescreen'

.tv transfer talk is slipping badly :eek: :FP:

Japlin
19-1-11, 13:21
What price are they quoting?

That article doesnt, but I read something the other day that said 10M I think...

Ellibertador
19-1-11, 13:32
Suarez is the one we need.

WineForMyMen
19-1-11, 13:33
Nothing against the player's ability - he looks alright from the limited times I've seen him - but I don't want us to be bringing in that type of forward man.

It would indicate 4-4-2.

Dilinja
19-1-11, 13:35
That article doesnt, but I read something the other day that said 10M I think...

10M for Negredo sounds reasonable to me. We need decent back up for Torres (although its not a priority in my opinion)

-PRAETORIAN-
19-1-11, 13:39
He's NOT back up for Torres He's a back up plan transfer wise as the Suarez deal is fading apparently

mkd
19-1-11, 13:43
Personally I see this as more of a case of us saying to Ajax we are prepared to look elsewhere if you don't lower your asking price. Suarez is far better suited to our needs I think than negredo, Luke is more versatile and could play in a forward 3, 2 or by himself, whereas negredo strikes me as an out and out centre forward.

Fowi
19-1-11, 13:44
Considering Suarez and Negredo are completely different players it seems we have no idea what we're doing.

Japlin
19-1-11, 13:44
10M for Negredo sounds reasonable to me. We need decent back up for Torres (although its not a priority in my opinion)

Exactly. Our team doesn't seem to do well in a 442 so I can't see him being anything more than back up if we do sign him. That money could easily go towards a winger or a left back.

He's NOT back up for Torres He's a back up plan transfer wise as the Suarez deal is fading apparently

I know but if we dont get Suarez and get him instead it seems he'll be more of a back up to Torres than a starter.

Dilinja
19-1-11, 13:45

I know that, thanks. Was simply answering Japlins post.

No need to start bolding things and getting your knickers in a twist.

caple
19-1-11, 13:46
Considering Suarez and Negredo are completely different players it seems we have no idea what we're doing.

Seeing as you aren't big on Suarez, how would you feel about Negredo?

The money rumoured seems ridiuclously steep.

Fowi
19-1-11, 13:47
Seeing as you aren't big on Suarez, how would you feel about Negredo?

I wouldn't feel 100% about signing any striker.

Mapeke
19-1-11, 13:48
Strikers shouldn't be our priority. Our defence is worse than Bolton and Stoke's and our wide players arer embarasssing.

foreverred-1973
19-1-11, 13:48

So everything remains the same at the club :eek: :P

caple
19-1-11, 13:49
I wouldn't feel 100% about signing any striker.

Why?

-Gola-
negredo is a brilliant player, i really like him

would have to play a 4-4-2 though with torres

he is built for the prem though, he'd be quality here

spurs would be a great club for him i think, i they get alot of crosses into the box

Fowi
Why?

We have a world class one already and we have N'Gog and Kuyt to back him up. On the other hand we lack quality in just about every other position on the pitch.

caple
19-1-11, 13:51
We have a world class one already and we have N'Gog and Kuyt to back him up. On the other hand we lack quality in just about every other position on the pitch.

I think that signing a striker that can offer a lot on the wings as well seems ideal.

Torres will get injured at some point so it be a signing to cover two positions.

Fowi
19-1-11, 13:52
I think that signing a striker that can offer a lot on the wings as well seems ideal.

Torres will get injured at some point so it be a signing to cover two positions.

Negredo can't offer anything on the wings. The guy, as fine a striker as he is, weighs about 25 stone. I doubt Suarez will offer anything on the wings either.

-PRAETORIAN-
19-1-11, 13:52
I know that, thanks. Was simply answering Japlins post.

No need to start bolding things and getting your knickers in a twist.

I'm not sure why i bolded it :D knickers not twisted mate ;) just joining in the fun

-Gola-
19-1-11, 13:53

are you thinking of suarez in this post

negredo is an out an out striker

caple
19-1-11, 13:53
Negredo can't offer anything on the wings. The guy, as fine a striker as he is, weighs about 25 stone. I doubt Suarez will offer anything on the wings either.

I didn't mean Negredo as a winger, but I see it as an advantage to signing Suarez as he can play there.

I don't see the point in signing Negredo for the money being mentioned.

-Bodie-
19-1-11, 13:54

And there lies a big problem. Do you think that is good enough? And dont reply with the we have problems other areas as yes i know we do but we are probably working on them areas aswell.

Fowi
19-1-11, 13:54
I didn't mean Negredo as a winger, but I see it as an advantage to signing Suarez as he can play there.

I don't see the point in signing Negredo for the money being mentioned.

If we want to go straight 4-4-2 then I'm ok with either Negredo or Suarez, but I don't see why we'd do that. We'd have to totally revamp our entire midfield as not one of them is a 4-4-2 player.

Ferret92
19-1-11, 13:55
Wingers that are nothing but out and out Wingers should come first.

Everything else should come after.

-Gola-
19-1-11, 13:56
If we want to go straight 4-4-2 then I'm ok with either Negredo or Suarez, but I don't see why we'd do that. We'd have to totally revamp our entire midfield as not one of them is a 4-4-2 player.

we'd have to sign at least 1 if not 2 wingers

Fowi
19-1-11, 13:56
we'd have to sign at least 1 if not 2 wingers

We don't have central midfielders for 4-4-2 either. That is if we want to keep Gerrard in our team, which I assume we do.

caple
19-1-11, 13:57

I can't see us doing that. This is probably ********.

-Gola-
19-1-11, 13:58
We don't have central midfielders for 4-4-2 either. That is if we want to keep Gerrard in our team, which I assume we do.

sign diame as well then

winger--diame--gerrard--winger

----------suarez

----------------torres

beast

Fowi
19-1-11, 14:00
sign diame as well then

winger--diame--gerrard--winger

----------suarez

----------------torres

beast

Yea that's what I'm saying. To make sense of signing another expensive striker we'd need to sign about 3 new top class midfielders and pray to God that none of them ever get injured. Now, if we're willing to spend about 80mil on all that I won't complain.

But to me it seems like we're chasing whatever player we can get.

-Gola-
19-1-11, 14:03
Yea that's what I'm saying. To make sense of signing another expensive striker we'd need to sign about 3 new top class midfielders and pray to God that none of them ever get injured. Now, if we're willing to spend about 80mil on all that I won't complain.

But to me it seems like we're chasing whatever player we can get.

i suppose you have a point but then we do need a mass overhaul of players

maybe thats best left for the summer though

Mike-91
19-1-11, 14:06
Not to keen on Alvaro.

What is all the moaning about we don't want another striker?

Have we not been crying out for one now for the last 2 summers?

caple
19-1-11, 14:08
Not to keen on Alvaro.

What is all the moaning about we don't want another striker?

Have we not been crying out for one now for the last 2 summers?

I'd love a new striker.

But we need wingers, full backs and centre backs first.

Mike-91
19-1-11, 14:09
I'd love a new striker.

But we need wingers, full backs and centre backs first.

We are buying a ST,RW,LW all in one player.

-SP7-
19-1-11, 14:15
There is no way that Ngog is a good enough back up for Torres.

No way.

Unbeliveable that people are saying that.

Also, no thanks to Negredo. He has flattered to deceive since we were first linked with him a few years back.

Dilinja
19-1-11, 15:12
I'm not sure why i bolded it :D knickers not twisted mate ;) just joining in the fun

no problem fella :D

Geranium
19-1-11, 16:26
Sign both, sell or loan out Ngog! Thats what I say, 3 1st class strikers needed.

L1verFC
8-9-11, 19:46
With all the rumours back in January surely there must of been something coming out of liverpool about wanting Negredo.

Do you think this is still a player we are interested in ? And could sign next summer maybe.

Top player , built for the premier league , surprised he has not been snapped up all ready.

MiraclesArePossible
8-9-11, 19:58
I'd still have him, good option to have. He or Guiza I think would be good for us.

BrendanRodgers
8-9-11, 20:02
He has always been a very underrated player and he seems to be getting better and better. I wish we would get him one day!

-CADS-
8-9-11, 20:09
He had a great season last year and just scored two for Spain. He's good enough to be a first team player at a top level club so I don't think he'd settle for being a back up option here.

MiraclesArePossible
8-9-11, 20:19
He had a great season last year and just scored two for Spain. He's good enough to be a first team player at a top level club so I don't think he'd settle for being a back up option here.

Too many people are saying that. Any self-respecting striker would want to don the Liverpool shirt, and considering that we need to build our strikeforce up to account for the aging Kuyt and Bellamy, I'm sure we'd find a place for a handy player like Negredo.

Kloppstachio
8-9-11, 22:15
Good striker who definitely is getting better. Would be great to see him here for 2012-2013. A tough as nails Spanish striker's a rare sight these days. :rolleyes:

KennysScouseArmy
8-9-11, 22:40
Fowi wasn't too hot on Suarez ey, what does that humble pie taste like sir?

-Gola-
8-9-11, 22:54

Tbh it's easy saying he was wrong now

Tbh I wasn't totally behind the idea myself, we've been stung quite a few times with players from the Dutch league. It's a terrible league so it can really go either way with players from that league.

We all know Suarez is different class now but back then no one could say for certain

Snippes
8-9-11, 23:03

Every top club he goes to in Spain and England, he is going to have to accept that at best, he will probably be a rotation starter, not starting every game...or realistically being a top back up option. That's just the reality of it...at least for us, he would have a chance of pipping Carroll to play alongside Suarez - but I do think because of his style of play, we wouldn't go for him if we have Carroll. We are more like to sign another more mobile, smaller, quicker striker in the Aguero mould other than the beast type.

king-Carra
8-9-11, 23:07

Fowi gets stuff wrong, he gets stuff right.

So do I, so do you, pie for everybody.

bburgstriker
9-9-11, 01:40

pies all around :scarf

Jannno
9-9-11, 07:39

Who ate all the pies .... who ate all the pies ... :scarf

ModernDrummer
9-9-11, 07:52

I like pie.

TakeBallBack
9-9-11, 08:38
I ate all the pies - fat kid now :-):dh:

Scrams
9-9-11, 08:41
Fowi had a mare. End of. :D

shody1976
9-9-11, 08:54
Let's put it like this:

Fowi wanted Roy Hodgson, but didn't really want Suarez.

:D

Fowi
9-9-11, 09:24
I wasn't too hot on Suarez and 4-4-2, that's true. But this was all before Torres left. But fair play to Kenny. He did something Rafa probably wouldn't have done. He put Suarez in his right position and didn't care if some of the other players would get hurt.

L1verFC
9-5-12, 11:24
Wouldn't mind us Making a move for Negredo this summer i have been a big fan for a couple of years now.

We could probably get him for 15 mill he hasn't had the best of seasons due to differences with the manager but the past few months he has found his form again.

Even in a poor season he has netted 15 times.

MiraclesArePossible
9-5-12, 11:26
He's not the level of player we need. 5 million more would open up doors to sign players that could take us higher.

Edit: I've just noticed that I advocated his signing previously in the thread (last September, no less). I take it back, we need someone a bit more exciting than him.

domino
9-5-12, 11:27
In this thread Fowi was wrong again.

Themessangernr1
9-5-12, 11:27
prefer soldado

Fowi
9-5-12, 11:28
In this thread Fowi was worng again.

Not at all. I still think the same as everything I said in this thread.

domino
9-5-12, 11:31
Not at all. I still think the same as everything I said in this thread.

That we didn't need a striker because we had Ngog as backup?

That Suarez wouldn't be a good signing?

You were wrong on both counts.

Fowi
9-5-12, 11:33
That we didn't need a striker because we had Ngog as backup?

That Suarez wouldn't be a good signing?

You were wrong on both counts.

That having Torres, Kuyt and N'Gog - while not having a good midfield - meant we should sign midfielders instead.

That we shouldn't sign Suarez to play on the wing or alongside Torres when we had more urgent matters.

Yes, and with hindsight I still feel the same.

domino
9-5-12, 11:39
That having Torres, Kuyt and N'Gog - while not having a good midfield - meant we should sign midfielders instead.

That we shouldn't sign Suarez to play on the wing or alongside Torres when we had more urgent matters.

Yes, and with hindsight I still feel the same.

We needed another top striker because when Torres was out we were left with Ngog up front.

You were wrong about your Suarez misgivings.

Wrong.

SectionOneOneSeven
9-5-12, 11:42
We needed another top striker because when Torres was out we were left with Ngog up front.

Wrong.

It's almost like you take pleasure in pointing that out?

L1verFC
9-5-12, 11:43

Wrong.

At least we had dossena at Lb

domino
9-5-12, 11:43
At least we had dossena at Lb

:D

Fowi
9-5-12, 11:49

Wrong.

No I wasn't. If I was I'd say I was.

But since you take some weird pleasure in it lets just say I was wrong.

WindyShepherdHenderson
9-5-12, 12:38
Negredo's on the verge of making a €15m move to Malaga.

InsomniacOlympics
9-5-12, 13:01
Negredo's on the verge of making a €15m move to Malaga.

He's always been over priced.

WindyShepherdHenderson
9-5-12, 13:04
He's always been over priced.

12m for Negredo isn't a whole lot considering his ability.

QeSmithy
9-5-12, 13:19
We couldn't possibly purhcase Negredo. Knowing the FA, Suarez would get an 8 games ban everytime he said his name!

Ad_Rock
9-5-12, 13:21
We couldn't possibly purhcase Negredo. Knowing the FA, Suarez would get an 8 games ban everytime he said his name!

During the debacle I changed by screen name to AlvaroNegrito and got a week long ban from the forums.