PDA

View Full Version : Torres - Chelsea Bid/Transfer Request - ALL discussion+ Opinion in here

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27

Anubis
31-1-11, 15:55
What does the bookies say?

SturridgeAndSuarez
31-1-11, 15:57
Just read on the BBC site that Torres is not in London, he's still in Liverpool. Liverpool have just denied they've accepted a bid for hm.

Anybody know where I can watch SSN online?

Just go to the skysportnews website and click on the transfer clock watch.

andx
Do us all a favour and follow him to Chelsea then.

If you think you have the right to say that to someone it's a pretty clear sign you're a **** head.

I bet you're not even scouse.

ShankPaisLish
so because im incredibly unhappy that my favourite player is being sold to our rivals at a time when we cant replace him leaving us with just ngog for the only trophy we are able to win this season, i cant support liverpool?

im sorry but its very unlikely we will be able to spend the torres money today, so i dont see why we have to sell him today.

No it is not nice that your fanourite player may be sold.

But ONE person and ONE person only is to blame, and that is YOUR FAVOURITE PLAYER, he is the one who put us in this situation.

If Torres does leave and as you state "I cant support Liverpool" then follow him and we will gladly club together to get you a bicycle to head down the M6 and M1.

And lastly your having a go at NESV who stopped us from potentially going under and have just broken our transfer record.

You really need to get your priorities straight lad and support the CLUB and the CREST. :mad::mad:

homblooie
Why is the deal being dragged out so much? He's on his way then he's not, what's going on?

Liverpool said they would sell for 50m APPARENTLY, and Cheslea were willing to pay that. So what's the hold up?

I really hope this has just been one big misunderstanding and Torres never wanted to leave :D

Torres: "I'd like two leaves"

classic misunderstanding, the lad only wanted a leaf or two

CBB27
31-1-11, 15:58
Bookies say that they thought we were going to sign Ribery

subliiimeSuuarez
What does the bookies say?

riber is odds on to join us :IN:

Captaine Fantastic
Torres you are breaking my heart to bits!!! I can't believe it I can't ffs of all teams he wants to join Chelsea! Souless and no history!!

All those lies, I love lfc, the fans etc! How could you el niño how could put on a blue souless shirt! :FP:

toolate4lenny
31-1-11, 15:59
Torres is 27 now. He won nothing at Athletico and nothing at Liverpool, so I can accept that he now wants to move on and win things before the end of his career (and given his injury record, won't last more than 4 more years)

I think £50 million will be the most we will ever be able to command for him, not to mention removing his wages from the book, so it really is an astute piece of business.

He is world class and will probably score a shed load with the supply he'll get from Chelsea's midfield, but he won't get the adoration he had here.

He obviously sees medals as a measurement for success as opposed to support.

As others have remarked, no-one is bigger than this club.

Masch/Alonso/Torres cost £50 million and sold for £100 million- not bad spots by Rafa, no?

...£35 million for Carrol though? :FP:

SuarezsTEETH
31-1-11, 16:00
Ssn talking about chelsea getting the helipad ready for the possible arrival of ft... What does that mean then, are they brushing the leaves of it?? They have nothing useful to say so the just make random statements. Quite funny actully lol

Godlike29
31-1-11, 16:01
Torres is a class act and deserves champions league football. Realistically I can't see us in the CL for at least another two seasons may be more if City keep spending. It hurts me to say but he deserves CL football and he wont get that with us. :(

MidlandRed8
Quick reply - good idea. Lot of uncertainty, not idea what is happening for sure but a lot is indicating he is on his way out. I'm more interested if we have anyone coming in!

Red-Man-Walking
"Just heard from my source at the Bernabeu that the pool are to put in a shock offer for Benzema, with cash + Ngog being offered," writes Alkesh Mistry.

oh boy.

And take a look at Suarez jersey :scarf

http://cdnmo.coveritlive.com/media/image/201101/phpg8Hngpsuarez.jpg

Sjwliv
31-1-11, 16:03
SSN just said that if we increase offer to £35m for carrol we can get him?!?!?

The Wise Janitor
Any one seen Sammy Lee's twitter page?

http://twitter.com/SammyLee_LFC

OFFICIAL: Torres Will Not Be Leaving, Andy Carroll WILL be coming in!! #lfc

It could be fake I'm just putting it out there.

Batteries
Sky Sports:

The Editor: Reports are emerging that Liverpool have agreed a £35million fee with Newcastle for Andy Carroll. Nothing confirmed as yet but we'll bring you more as we get it.

Not good news. Overpaid in my opinion. Definitely means Torres is gone.

tkstryker
Haha, brilliant. It really shows their scaremonger tactics. So it's gone from he'll definitely arrive at Chelsea within 30 minutes, to he'll arrive later today if Liverpool accept a bid....um, hasn't that ALWAYS been the case?

Who'd have thought Sky being mischievous.........;)

noeyedear
31-1-11, 16:04
Torres you are breaking my heart to bits!!! I can't believe it I can't ffs of all teams he wants to join Chelsea! Souless and no history!!

All those lies, I love lfc, the fans etc! How could you el niño how could put on a blue souless shirt! :FP:

If Torres goes we should hold no grudges against the boy. As Kenny said transfers are part and parcel of football,players come and go all the time...all the time, so if Nando leaves I will say....all the best, take care...and I hope you get a boil on your todger..

i8descum
31-1-11, 16:05
hahahaha was it just me or did that reporter at chelsea just look so embarrased the lying git his sauce has turned out to be tomato sauce and its been sprayed all over his face the plank

ShankPaisLish
31-1-11, 16:07
This is so funny.

Sky reporter at Chelsea, "they are clearing room for a helicopter later today and Torres is tying up details in Liverpool for a £50 mill package between the two clubs.

Sky reporter at Liverpool, Torres is still in Liverpool and the club are still categorically stating nothing has changed and we have recieved no further bids.

:confused::confused::confused::FP:

One thing this window has shown us.

NOBODY KNOWS NOTHING :D

OTC-PriME
31-1-11, 16:07
3:01
The Editor: Reports are emerging that Liverpool have agreed a £35million fee with Newcastle for Andy Carroll. Nothing confirmed as yet but we'll bring you more as we get it. Follow me on Twitter - @skysportsed

homblooie
31-1-11, 16:08
Ssn talking about chelsea getting the helipad ready for the possible arrival of ft... What does that mean then, are they brushing the leaves of it?? They have nothing useful to say so the just make random statements. Quite funny actully lol

Chelsea Doosh: "Okay, everything seems to be in order. OH NO, WHO ON EARTH...DAM!! Would somebody please get these two sheep off of this helipad, and whats this blue stuff? Why is it sticky? Get it off, clean it all off, and make sure the two disected aliens are taken away from the edge we don't want them getting blown away, and would someone please tell the people at the Daycare not to leave Toddlers running around here, what an odd place for a Daycare, next to a helipad!?! Geez, thank goodness we were here early to prepare this helipad, close the Daycare, store the aliens and clean the other mess up - otherwise Fernando wouldn't be able to land here.....why is this blue crap still here??? OH MR TORRES, THATS YOU! So sorry, I didn't recognise you there, sorry, geez I wish we had more time to prepare the helipad - mind the children and the goats its all because we didn't have enough time..."

subliiimeSuuarez
reports oming in newcastle have accpepted our £35million bid for andy carroll

jesus christ :FP:

i give up

WilbertoSilva
Lol, I've only just noticed the nob launching abuse at Torres as he leaves Melwood.

KeepTheFightForJustice
Reports are emerging that Liverpool have agreed a £35million fee with Newcastle for Andy Carroll. Nothing confirmed as yet but we'll bring you more as we get it.

Betting suspended on Andy Carroll joining Liverpool amid rumours that a £35million fee has been agreed.

hmm suarez and carroll up front? maybe even three up top of torres stays :eek:

ChrissyMR2
31-1-11, 16:09
SkySports_Simon:
Standby #NUFC and #LFC fans. Normally too late for Carroll's at this time of year but maybe not today

@SkyBet:
Betting suspended on Andy Carroll joining Liverpool amid rumours that a £35million fee has been agreed.

Now this is good news, yes a little over priced but shows our owners finaly mean business and if torres says we arnt ambitious now hes fooling himself and he will regret it when we catch chelsea for the 4th place now that would be ironic, he leaves for champions league football and gets beat to it by the team he left. i bet u any money hes seriously concidering his decision now.

CrimsonWolf
31-1-11, 16:09
thisisanfield:
Ben Smith (The Times): LIVERPOOL HAVE AGREED £35M FEE FOR ANDY CARROLL.

iSerious
31-1-11, 16:10
35m for Carrol would be very bad business considering we paid 21m for SUAREZ...

sedplas
31-1-11, 16:11
if we sign him for 35 million, apparently he will become 8th most expensive player in all time o.O

subliiimeSuuarez
31-1-11, 16:12
if the andy carroll story is true

it will make him the 8th most expensive player ever

apparently :FP:

really liverpool? REALLY?

CBB27
31-1-11, 16:12
Don't forget these deals are strange. Doesn't mean we've paid 35 mill for Carroll - could be 20 mill up front + add ons.

The more I think about it the more I like Suarez and Carroll.

Afterthought
31-1-11, 16:13
so because im incredibly unhappy that my favourite player is being sold to our rivals at a time when we cant replace him leaving us with just ngog for the only trophy we are able to win this season, i cant support liverpool?

im sorry but its very unlikely we will be able to spend the torres money today, so i dont see why we have to sell him today.
If we buy Carroll, he'll be available for Europa League.

STHCHAT
31-1-11, 16:14
2.48pm:CloseLink to this update: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jan/31/transfer-window-deadline-day-live#block-124 "Just heard from my source at the Bernabeu that the pool are to put in a shock offer for Benzema, with cash + Ngog being offered," writes Alkesh Mistry. "Es hablo espanol ...Si Senor!"

3.03pm:CloseLink to this update: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jan/31/transfer-window-deadline-day-live#block-131 It's fairly amazing stuff too. According to our correspondent, the excellent Andy Hunter, Liverpool have bid £35m for Andy Carroll and it has been accepted. [Gasps... Takes deep breath. Imagines what £35m looks like. Fails narrowly to conjure picture of Andy Carroll]

Source= The Guardian Live

EssexTony
31-1-11, 16:14
That's well well OTT for Carroll surely!

tonygrancan
31-1-11, 16:16
Holloway keeping quiet about Adams on SSN just now.

CBB27
31-1-11, 16:16
Don't forget these deals are strange. Doesn't mean we've paid 35 mill for Carroll - could be 20 mill up front + add ons.

The more I think about it the more I like Suarez and Carroll.

ShankPaisLish
31-1-11, 16:17
Reports are emerging that Liverpool have agreed a £35million fee with Newcastle for Andy Carroll. Nothing confirmed as yet but we'll bring you more as we get it.

hmm suarez and carroll up front? maybe even three up top of torres stays :eek:

Or even, Torres goes, Carrol in and we go for Young so a front 3 of

Young Carrol Suarez

Today has been so gripping, gut wrenching and crazy and there is still over 7 hours left. :D

livrule
Whats the injury situation with Carroll??

Not long term I hope?

The price is insane but he does excite me ....

KeepTheFightForJustice
have to admit if carroll was spanish people would be amazed by him, 35 is a gamble but i think he and suarez would be a good signing and hey might persaude torres to stay if he sees us spending big and meaning bussiness.

Next up get adam and young and warnock on loan and id be very pleased.. and if torres goes well so be it but i think kenny is shaping quite a good line up if u ask me

Robbert
Any one seen Sammy Lee's twitter page?

http://twitter.com/SammyLee_LFC

OFFICIAL: Torres Will Not Be Leaving, Andy Carroll WILL be coming in!! #lfc

It could be fake I'm just putting it out there.

It's a fake profile.

Imbo
you can't have it both ways..we either trust Kenny and FSG or we end up in your position. Sure he's overpriced , but at 22 we have a good asset and soemone who can lead the line well. With a good chance of sell-on in a few years time. Meets the FSG criteria for buying.

ChrissyMR2
31-1-11, 16:18
This could be the biggest forward step weve taken since the last 5-6 years. they did say today there would be more transfers and if there wasnt they would be dissapointed, now all we need to here is youngs name being mentioned aswell. things are realy looking good at anfield for the 1st time in years. if torres gos i can safely say it woukld be the biggest mistake of his carear because chelsea are and aged team and are on the down slide and were finaly on the way up. About ****** time.

Imagine if he decided to stay and this whole saga gave him a kicj up the arse and we have torres suarez and carroll and who nos young. now that would be a team and forget bout finishing top six lets go for champions league and put chelsea out of top 4 and rub their noses in it.

HollisBrown
31-1-11, 16:18
I wouldn't mind Carroll here at all.

25m would be a fair price. BUT remember that we've inflated Torres' price from about 40 to 50m? due to the shortness of time remaining. So by inflating Carroll's by the same mark 25m to 35m just means we'd make the same margin anyway - and more importantly we can outbid other interested parties, and Newcastle will find it hard to turn down.

This is the business side of FSG coming out.

azzuro
31-1-11, 16:19
Wow, Liverpool has signed Andy Carroll for £35 million, according to the Guardian

MidlandRed8
31-1-11, 16:19
35mill. Jesus wept.

RyanCalum76
31-1-11, 16:20
35 mill for Carroll is crazy money!!And is he not injured at the minute??

Jesus,Villa only cost 34 mill.................

Imbo
Spot on. Trust FSG and KK
YNWA

SuarezGOL
We're getting as bad as Manchester City with our spending. :FP:

FightCloob
31-1-11, 16:21
NESV are proving to be the real deal - £35 million is madness for Carroll, but shows a real willingness to land our targets and strengthen the squad.

What would be even more insane would be ending up with Torres, Suarez and Carroll (hope we've got some cash left for a winger or two).

(Very frustrating trying to post here today, forum needs upgrading bigtime). :mad:

subliiimeSuuarez
31-1-11, 16:21
if we are gonna buy a target man surely we need wingers to go with him?

STHCHAT
31-1-11, 16:22
Blackpool have signed Andy Reed. Looking good if we get adams.

SuarezsTEETH
31-1-11, 16:23
How can andy carroll be worth £35 mill when only been in prem for 6 months just a stupidly inflated value. Then again if we get him i wouldnt be too upset.

If we get young, adam, carroll and warnock to replace kon then the blow of loosing torres would be softened

BiggestAfricanRed
If this carrol deal goes through, we'll have a strike force worth 57 million. Surely that makes us a big club?

spyderbird
If Torres goes we should hold no grudges against the boy. As Kenny said transfers are part and parcel of football,players come and go all the time...all the time, so if Nando leaves I will say....all the best, take care...and I hope you get a boil on your todger..

It's not the fact that he's leaving that hurts so much.

it's the fact that he has constantly said how much he loves us and the club plus the fact that, of all the clubs to leave for, it's Chelsea! A horrible, horrible club, with horrible fans (generally - some are ok), a horrible owner, arrogant players, a club with no soul or honour and a club that is only where it is because they have spent close to a billion pounds to achieve some level of success!

#1 - why say you love the fans and the club and you never want to play for anyone ever again?
#2 why go to a club such as this?

OTC-PriME
@SkyBet:
Charlie Adam to join Liverpool cut to 1/5 as punters pile in, presumably as a consequence of the news the Reds have agreed a £50million package for Fernando Torres.

livrule
31-1-11, 16:24
People ... Lets focus on the players and not the prices ...

If the owners have the money then happy days.

Afterthought
31-1-11, 16:25

If we buy Carroll, he'll be available for Europa League.

Just saying... :p

iSerious
31-1-11, 16:26
money from Torres: 45M

money spent on Carrol: 35M
10 left and buy Adam

would be a good Torres money usage

Stickaforkinme
if the andy carroll story is true

it will make him the 8th most expensive player ever

apparently :FP:

really liverpool? REALLY?

FFS,

People moan when our owners don't spend any money and then moan when they do.

If Carroll fits in with the long term plan and the team and helps to bring silverware and success, I for one really don't give a monkeys what he costs.

OTC-PriME
@SkyBet:
Charlie Adam to join Liverpool cut to 1/5 as punters pile in, presumably as a consequence of the news the Reds have agreed a £50million package for Fernando Torres.

tkstryker
35mill. Jesus wept.

He's not the only one............

subliiimeSuuarez
31-1-11, 16:28
if this isnt torres money then i dont mind

if it is torres money then its been poorly spent

Sjwliv
31-1-11, 16:29
If this carrol deal goes through, we'll have a strike force worth 57 million. Surely that makes us a big club?

Citys tevez and dzeko only cost £52m combined?

EssexTony
I give a monkeys if we are just going to splash money out aka Chavs and City. I don't want to be like them at all...as I said a while ago, people moan about them then start asking for us to do the same.

ShankPaisLish
I think most here would agree that we do not want Fernando to go.

But you have got to admit, we have NEVER seen so much excitement at this club since the summer of 87 when we bought in Digger and Beardsley and then Houghton.

Some crazy prices being mentioned but WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

iSerious
Blackpool signed Andy Reid from Sunderland - a replacement for Adam?

Rob59
31-1-11, 16:31
It's not the fact that he's leaving that hurts so much.

...it's the fact that, having bought an official LFC calendar, I've got to look at his face for all of April, not to mention Konchesky for all of July.
I knew I should have bought the one with the kittens! :FP:

KeepTheFightForJustice
31-1-11, 16:31
if this isnt torres money then i dont mind

if it is torres money then its been poorly spent

didnt kenny say that any players that come in wouldnt be replacing anyone.. so i think this money being spent (if it really is) it was probably already planned

subliiimeSuuarez
31-1-11, 16:32
have people forgotten that we really needed defenders?

ChrissyMR2
31-1-11, 16:33
This is one of the best days i could have imagined. our owners are def showing ambition and are def backing kenny to do the job, u didnt see roy being offered this much backing. things are finaly looking good for us and i no weve got a long way to go but the likes of united, arsenal, spurs, chelsea and city have got to be sitting up and taking notice of use.

everyone please remember even if we dont manage to pull off anymore transfers dont think negative because this whole thing shows us our owners mean business so please back them whatever happens.

STHCHAT
Some fans are never happy! Andy Carrol is only 22 yrs old and a great player for the future. He proves he can score goals in the prem, he is British and brilliant in the air. You could say Torres is over priced at £50 mil, he's injury prone and has had a bad season.

Imagine Caroll picking up on Charlie Adam's crosses and set pieces!

redfoot
35 mill for Carrol is insane, no matter his age. Makes Messi worth 300 plus.

Kenny would rather have Torres and Adam and get a winger. I think is Torres is not going

and like the Steven saga Kenny will clean it up and all will be forgotten.

kate08
:FP:

Rieko
Torres's proposed move to Stamford falls apart as his wife cannot agree personal terms with John Terry.

LFC-18-5
31-1-11, 16:34
WTF!!!:eek: 35m for Carroll!!! :eek:
He is worth something around 20. i aprecciate the owners effort but if this is true, we are being robbed. And I used to makefun of City for signig Lescott for 22m. Worth more than Dzeko, than Bent, I'd much rather we had bought Darrent for 24m! I'm truly shocked. At least it would show good intent from the owners I guess.

subliiimeSuuarez
31-1-11, 16:36
maybe our owners are just richer then we thought?

suarez---carroll---torres :o

STHCHAT
31-1-11, 16:38
torres's proposed move to stamford falls apart as his wife cannot agree personal terms with john terry.

:d:d:d

livrule
31-1-11, 16:38
Keep Torres ..... we have the best strike force in the league instantly ....

LIVERPOOL-L4
31-1-11, 16:39
But you have got to admit, we have NEVER seen so much excitement at this club since the summer of 87 when we bought in Digger and Beardsley and then Houghton.

IF it happens Suarez, Carroll and Adam :eek: Déjà vu

YNWA!
:scarf

LiverpoolOne
Andy Reid move confirmed on Blackpool web site

http://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10432~2280055,00.html

angusbeef
Some fans are never happy! Andy Carrol is only 22 yrs old and a great player for the future. He proves he can score goals in the prem, he is British and brilliant in the air. You could say Torres is over priced at £50 mil, he's injury prone and has had a bad season.

Imagine Caroll picking up on Charlie Adam's crosses and set pieces!

Andy Carrol at 35M is a bargain. The lad can potentially be better than christiano ronaldo :IN:

FightCloob
31-1-11, 16:41
Our owners think they are playing FM after tampering with the data editor to increase the budget. :D

God, please let us land a winger and Charlie Adam as well (greedy, I know, but it's obviously a day for that sort of thing). :)

SuarezsTEETH
SSN apparently and carroll on his way to liverpool

Kaser
How much would Stephen Ireland have cost a couple of years back when he was banging in goals for fun at City? 20 million? 25 million? Today it seems as if you can hardly give him away for free. For 35 million, I just hope Carroll isn't just another flash-in-the-pan.

subliiimeSuuarez
31-1-11, 16:42
SSN saying carroll on his way :FP:

I bet they dont even know again

MerseyMiracles
Lets be honest. Yes we are all very dissapointed Torres looks off and Carroll is not worth £35m but...

Out
Torres
Babel
Konchesky

In
Suarez
Carroll

And then two of Adam, Kalou, Anelka, Warnock, Young.

Surely we are better off with the players that'd be coming in?

ChrissyMR2
WTF!!!:eek: 35m for Carroll!!! :eek:
He is worth something around 20. i aprecciate the owners effort but if this is true, we are being robbed. And I used to makefun of City for signig Lescott for 22m. Worth more than Dzeko, than Bent, I'd much rather we had bought Darrent for 24m! I'm truly shocked. At least it would show good intent from the owners I guess.

I wish people wouldnt turn on the owners and criticise them, at the end of the day the manager picks the players he wants and if the owners trust and bevieve in their manager they do what it takes to back him and this shows they trust kenny and i for one trust him too. their doing their best for us and if they want to spend that much on a player then its their decision and their money and we should be thankfull to them.

ShankPaisLish
SSN outside Newcastle.

Source says Carrol heading to the North West.

Wonder if it is the same helicopter that should have arrived at Chelsea. :D

WeeLad
Damn copters are at it again! :mad:

subliiimeSuuarez
31-1-11, 16:44
SSN saying carroll on his way :FP:

I bet they dont even know again

surely torres cant leave now we have our own white drogba? :eek:

spyderbird
31-1-11, 16:44
I give a monkeys if we are just going to splash money out aka Chavs and City. I don't want to be like them at all...as I said a while ago, people moan about them then start asking for us to do the same.

There is a difference though (although most Chelsea, City fans, S*n readers and sports 'journos' woudl disagree.

the latter is a natural part of escalation as a result of the action of the former.

Sjwliv
31-1-11, 16:45
ssn just sed carrol is on his way to liverpool!?!?!

STHCHAT
31-1-11, 16:46
3.36pm:CloseLink to this update: Talking of Beardsley, Luis Suarez is going to wear the No7 shirt at Liverpool. Keegan, Dalglish, Beardsley. What a lineage of scurrying creators that was. Nigel Clough seemed to break the spell a bit.

leokopite
31-1-11, 16:48
Firstly,if Kenny believes Carroll worths 35m then we must accept it and just wait for the results. Period.
Besides Carroll is better and surely has more chances for development than Bent of 18m... Jesus guys only me seeing a pure talent here? 21 years old...

johnnyhasaponny
How long he waited for us to spend big. Now that we're going to do it he leaves. These kids today..you just can't understand them. (well i'm 20 xD).

Stevie27-18-08
Paying 35 million for Andy Carroll shows NESV's intent its an awful lot of money for a player who's only played 40 odd games for Newcastle but his english and thus the price is hugh...SSN understands his on his way to the north west signaling that the green light for the transfer has been given.

I hope if thats the case we use the rest of the Torres sale to buy Ashley Young

WINGER11
31-1-11, 16:50
3.36pm:CloseLink to this update: Talking of Beardsley, Luis Suarez is going to wear the No7 shirt at Liverpool. Keegan, Dalglish, Beardsley. What a lineage of scurrying creators that was. Nigel Clough seemed to break the spell a bit.

clough was very underrated i think.

LiverpoolOne
31-1-11, 16:50
We could probably buy another player with all the copter air miles we have collected today! Next one will have a banner flying from the back of it saying 'Liverpool FC have signed...........'

kate08
31-1-11, 16:51
Liverpool needs to come with a health disclaimer for supporters :rolleyes:

Captaine Fantastic
£35m for carrol, just mad but he is only 22 and a good player!

subliiimeSuuarez
why couldnt we spend £20 million on coentrao or cahill ? we need defenders!

DarkStrike
Keane? Hahahaha

vicious
Just imagine if H&G were still around... If all the speculation becomes fact, only God knows what would have happened with the money from Nando.

Having said that spending 35 million for Andy Carroll makes me sick. Actually sickier as I was only existing since Fri. Jeez the world has gone mad!:FP:

sumit
31-1-11, 16:52
we really should be looking at a couple of wingers

Imbo
31-1-11, 16:56
Exactly...we've been cpomplaining or about 3 years about our inability to spend big....and when the new owners put their money where their mouths are - remember "Promise little...deliver big!!!!" (JW Henry) - we still have some saddos criticising matters. Yes, Carroll is a bit over-priced on the face of it...but 21/22 and will be here longer than Torres - still no news that he is definitely goping to Chelski. Nothing but good time ahead. Trust in KK and FSG
YNWA

WINGER11
31-1-11, 16:57
35 million for Duncan Fergusons son !!!!

FightCloob
31-1-11, 16:57
we really should be looking at a couple of wingers

The King & Comolli must be aware of this...and the way those crazy yanks are slinging the cash around today...we should get at least one! :scarf

dimmy
31-1-11, 16:58
it sgone quite quiet on the torres front, im just waiting to see that he has been seen with chimmy corkhill on a tandum :FP:

Cardinal18
31-1-11, 17:01
omg it has just hit me so hard that el nino is actually leaving us........just remembered his goal against united in the 4-1 win. sad times............

livrule
31-1-11, 17:01
If Utd or City had spent 35m on Carroll would have been surprised but mainly envious of their spending power ..... Just enjoy folks .... hes impossible to deal with on his day and is going to give us huge threat in the penalty area.

LFC-18-5
31-1-11, 17:02
I wish people wouldnt turn on the owners and criticise them, at the end of the day the manager picks the players he wants and if the owners trust and bevieve in their manager they do what it takes to back him and this shows they trust kenny and i for one trust him too. their doing their best for us and if they want to spend that much on a player then its their decision and their money and we should be thankfull to them.

I'm not turning on the owners, I am happy with their actions, the record breaking Suarez deal, the intention to not sell Torres (if it wasn't for his transfer request it wouldn't happen) and now they are willing to spend this much on a player so we are not left without a striker. The only thing I am questioning is "Why Carrol?" hes not worth that much, couldn't we get Benzema or Llorente for less? From what I heard, Llorente's buyout clause in less than 35m.

Captaine Fantastic
31-1-11, 17:02
If Carrol signs, Torres is off! (hate you torres) go to spain anywhere but the prem!

19steve86
31-1-11, 17:03
Exactly...we've been cpomplaining or about 3 years about our inability to spend big....and when the new owners put their money where their mouths are - remember "Promise little...deliver big!!!!" (JW Henry) - we still have some saddos criticising matters. Yes, Carroll is a bit over-priced on the face of it...but 21/22 and will be here longer than Torres - still no news that he is definitely goping to Chelski. Nothing but good time ahead. Trust in KK and FSG
YNWA

Look guys you can have it 2 ways: we either have the hicks and gillet regime where were crippled in debt and have to sell top players to buy mediocre players.

Or we have the option of being debt free and owners who are ambitious and may spend a bit too much on a player

i know what i would rather have guys!!

KeepTheFightForJustice
31-1-11, 17:05
Does anyone else think torres may think twice about leaving now?

FightCloob
31-1-11, 17:06
If Utd or City had spent 35m on Carroll would have been surprised but mainly envious of their spending power ..... Just enjoy folks .... hes impossible to deal with on his day and is going to give us huge threat in the penalty area.

This 100 times.

We finally have owners who are willing and able to put their hands in their pockets to further the fortunes of this club. :scarf

We've smashed our own transfer record twice in as many days. :)

LiverpoolOne
31-1-11, 17:07
Fair do’s to the owners, top class entertainment without a ball in sight!!

All the Carrol posts show you just how quickly we will forget Torres if he does go.

YNWA
:scarf

Pompey Red
31-1-11, 17:08
It is finally sinking in that we may not have Fernando Torres playing for Liverpool FC within the next 6-7 hours!! This is seriously sad news.... I would love to think that we might be able to keep him, along with signing Carroll etc (albeit for a shed load of cash - too much!) but Nando could be against us come Sunday!! Torres cannot be replaced, certainly not by Carroll..... PLease surprise us all and stay!!

YNWA:scarf

KeepTheFightForJustice
31-1-11, 17:08
Interesting stats - if Liverpool pay £35million for Andy Carroll they are getting a player outscored in the Championship last season by Peter Whittingham, Nicky Maynard, Gary Hooper, Michael Chopra and Charlie Adam.

hmm bit risky then but i suppose these first what 7 months this season hes proved that he can match the big boys in the league

livrule
31-1-11, 17:09
Trying not to panic .... but if deals don't start stepping up soon they ain't going to happen.

Charlie Adam for example ...... Not a chance in hell unless we hear something in the next hour ...

ChrissyMR2
31-1-11, 17:09
I'm not turning on the owners, I am happy with their actions, the record breaking Suarez deal, the intention to not sell Torres (if it wasn't for his transfer request it wouldn't happen) and now they are willing to spend this much on a player so we are not left without a striker. The only thing I am questioning is "Why Carrol?" hes not worth that much, couldn't we get Benzema or Llorente for less? From what I heard, Llorente's buyout clause in less than 35m.

The reason for buying a player from england is because its to late to buy from abroad now and plus it was reported thismorning from spurs chase for strickers in spain if u meet a buyout clause u have to pay the vat on it. so if u payed 35m for Llorente u would have another 6.3m on top of that.

melly411
31-1-11, 17:10

what makes you think benzema is any better than carroll ive not seen it

Red-Dawn-Rising
31-1-11, 17:11
Whatever happens, it must be admitted that it's Torres' right to seek work elsewhere if he's dissatisfied. Equally, it's Liverpool's right to hold him to his contract if they so wish. As far as I'm concerned it boils down to the following:

1. Chelsea and Torres have pulled a fast one by leaving it so late.
2. Liverpool will struggle to replace Torres right now, though in the summer it's best for all parties that he should go.
3. Liverpool will get just as much money for Torres in the summer as now.
4. No player is bigger than the club, but in this instance that means NOT allowing Torres to go.
5. He can sulk if he wants. Liverpool will still pocket the money in the summer--and soon he will realise that he MUST play to the best of his ability to attain his own wants (this is what Liverpool should have realised in the Xabi Alonso saga).
6. FSG has expressed deep dissatisfaction with the way players in the PL appear to be able to just ignore contracts. Actually they can't. It's up to our owners to take a stand and show Torres--in this instance--that the club';s long term plans will not be disrupted due to the whims of one man.
7. It would be intolerable having Chelsea and the others crowing about the successful fast one that they pulled on the club: so don't let it happen!

Captaine Fantastic
31-1-11, 17:13
Why not llorente for that kinda money? who is better carroll or llorente? Carrol English though

sixtiesred
31-1-11, 17:14
Breaking News: Torres to Chelsea deal breaks down after John Terry fails to agree terms with Torres' wife!
saw this on a twitter site quite funny i thought :rolleyes:

STHCHAT
31-1-11, 17:14
IMO Carrol is worth £35 mil. Tottenham placed a bid of £30 mil. I would rather Carrol play for us rather than the latter.

As that ***** Thatcher would say "Rejoice!" :D

BTW Nothing is going right for Newcastle today.

3.50pm:CloseLink to this update: "Stephen Ireland has failed his medical at Newcastle so the deal's off. Bizarre considering he thought he was fully fit going into it." Oh dear. This is presumably the same stringent medical that Sol "Enormous Shorts" Campbell successfully passed.

CBB27
31-1-11, 17:15
Carra will love Carroll.

Hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooof

:)

Red-Dawn-Rising
Just heard that a 35 million pound offer for Andy Carroll has been accepted. So they';re spending the Torres money. Actually I still think it's an error as this must be a rush job.

Hope it works though.

vicious
Trying not to panic .... but if deals don't start stepping up soon they ain't going to happen.

Charlie Adam for example ...... Not a chance in hell unless we hear something in the next hour ...

According to SSN there is big money on him joining United - unless this is a ploy from Blackpool.:confused:

hsf
31-1-11, 17:16
The way things are going at the minute, I get the impression that Suarez was Babel's replacement and Carrol is there to compliment Torres(if he stays). Does anyone else feel this way?

ChrissyMR2
31-1-11, 17:16
Interesting stats - if Liverpool pay £35million for Andy Carroll they are getting a player outscored in the Championship last season by Peter Whittingham, Nicky Maynard, Gary Hooper, Michael Chopra and Charlie Adam.

hmm bit risky then but i suppose these first what 7 months this season hes proved that he can match the big boys in the league

Just saw that there on their website and its typical ssn. they would do anything to get at us. the facts they didnt tell u are that these other players were older astablished players last year and it was his 1st real full season in the 1st team so i wouldnt read to much into that report.

Mighty Mouse
31-1-11, 17:17
"Does anyone else think torres may think twice about leaving now?"

Based on the 'No news is good news' theory, I am (possibly hpoping too much!) also thinking the above could be a possibility.

Although we don't know what's going on behind the scenes I think it would be a fair assessment to say that there is possibly a stand off. LFC won't budge on price as if we sell we are lacking a quality srtiker for Europa. I do not believe we will simply sell Torres.

Now it seems we have bid for Carroll. And at a seemingly ridiculous price.

It is also unknown as to the Adam situation.

What if, while we stand firm over Torres with Chelase, we are busily signing quality additional players in a last sitch attempt to turn his head back again?

Just a thought!

Avi01
31-1-11, 17:17
Why not llorente for that kinda money? who is better carroll or llorente? Carrol English though
apparently he is anfield bound. I`m sure Carrol is not the only explored route but probably the only possible one. We are really in a delicate situation, at the end of the window and needing a striker.

But hey, is that guy Torres still a liverpool player?

MarkB
31-1-11, 17:19
Whatever happens, it must be admitted that it's Torres' right to seek work elsewhere if he's dissatisfied. Equally, it's Liverpool's right to hold him to his contract if they so wish. As far as I'm concerned it boils down to the following:

1. Chelsea and Torres have pulled a fast one by leaving it so late.
2. Liverpool will struggle to replace Torres right now, though in the summer it's best for all parties that he should go.
3. Liverpool will get just as much money for Torres in the summer as now.
4. No player is bigger than the club, but in this instance that means NOT allowing Torres to go.
5. He can sulk if he wants. Liverpool will still pocket the money in the summer--and soon he will realise that he MUST play to the best of his ability to attain his own wants (this is what Liverpool should have realised in the Xabi Alonso saga).
6. FSG has expressed deep dissatisfaction with the way players in the PL appear to be able to just ignore contracts. Actually they can't. It's up to our owners to take a stand and show Torres--in this instance--that the club';s long term plans will not be disrupted due to the whims of one man.
7. It would be intolerable having Chelsea and the others crowing about the successful fast one that they pulled on the club: so don't let it happen!

seriously, do you really believe kenny wants any dissent in the dressing room?

if torres wont fit in then out he must go - today

subliiimeSuuarez
31-1-11, 17:21
this is all boring now

sixtiesred
31-1-11, 17:21
Twitter
MirrorFootball:
Andy Carroll supposedly at Newcastle airport, bound for private jet (not helicopter) to Liverpool. Source close to his agent

bonio12
31-1-11, 17:22
Breaking News: Torres to Chelsea deal breaks down after John Terry fails to agree terms with Torres' wife!

Yes. it's been posted here more times than the Babelcopter has been out for a spin.

ShankPaisLish
31-1-11, 17:23

Please, no more repeating this.

5th time it has appeared in this thread, it has been done to death. :FP:

KeepTheFightForJustice
Just saw that there on their website and its typical ssn. they would do anything to get at us. the facts they didnt tell u are that these other players were older astablished players last year and it was his 1st real full season in the 1st team so i wouldnt read to much into that report.

Yeah I know I wasnt having ago at Carroll or the owners for parting with such a big ammount of money, I thought it was an intresting fact considering what a major success hes been in the league this season and fair play to him he obviously has the determination to always improve, looking forward to seeing him and Suarez up top hopefully with Torres in the side somewhere if he sees sense.

mcsnoozy
this is actually really sad bout torres.... strange thinkin bout him not playin for us. but on the other hand, good riddance 'el Traidor'!! carroll price is a lot but ta repeat what *** are sayin, thank you FSG for splashin the cash nd puttin us in the position *** we've been dreamin of for years now! on the face of it you can see carroll and suarez been lethal together (fingers crossed) but we'll see. YNWA

Captaine Fantastic
31-1-11, 17:24
apparently he is anfield bound. I`m sure Carrol is not the only explored route but probably the only possible one. We are really in a delicate situation, at the end of the window and needing a striker.

But hey, is that guy Torres still a liverpool player?

I cannot believe torres will leave us, i just cant beleive he weill go to chelsea!! :FP:

LiverpoolOne
31-1-11, 17:25
this is all boring now

Could be time for a name change there mate?

Robbert
31-1-11, 17:26

If i had a penny for everytime i've heard this or a similar joke on this thread i've have enough to pay for Carrol :FP:

MarkB
31-1-11, 17:27
"Does anyone else think torres may think twice about leaving now?"

Based on the 'No news is good news' theory, I am (possibly hpoping too much!) also thinking the above could be a possibility.

Although we don't know what's going on behind the scenes I think it would be a fair assessment to say that there is possibly a stand off. LFC won't budge on price as if we sell we are lacking a quality srtiker for Europa. I do not believe we will simply sell Torres.

Now it seems we have bid for Carroll. And at a seemingly ridiculous price.

It is also unknown as to the Adam situation.

What if, while we stand firm over Torres with Chelase, we are busily signing quality additional players in a last sitch attempt to turn his head back again?

Just a thought!

kenny always signs captains

kevin mcdonald was leicester captain

bsarry venison - sunderland

glenn hysen sweden

suarez ajax captain

adam blackpool

players who know what to do and dont nedd to be molly coddled!!!!!

kenny is the main man

sixtiesred
31-1-11, 17:28
ok well i wasnt gunna go through 410 pages to check :rolleyes:

also this
Latest from Man City - we understand time is running out on any deal for a winger. Meanwhile, we have our Man Utd reporter Stuart Mathieson checking on latest reports that bookies have suspended bets on Charlie Adam to the Reds.

i8descum
31-1-11, 17:29
i really hope we aint havin the wool pulled over our eyes thinkin the new owners are splashin the cash when really all there doing is spending the babel,tores moneys,which in affect means we are swapping babel n tores 4 suarez n carrol..hope im wrong and tores stays fingers n toes crossed

Ven0m3175
31-1-11, 17:29
According to Opta, in the Premier League this season, Carroll has more goals than Torres (11 to nine), more assists (three to two) and the time lapse between goals is less (148 mins per goal compared to 211 mins per goal). The Newcastle striker's shooting accuracy is worse than Torres however, with 43% of his shots hitting the target compared to the Spaniard's 52%.

Brennan89
31-1-11, 17:31
If the Torres deal were to fall through we wouldn't have the money for Carroll, I shouldn't think. If Torres doesn't go we probably have to forego any possible transfers in this window bar Suarez. It'll be the summer when we see how much we really can afford to splash

When you sit back and think about it- £35m is an extraordinary amount of money.

STHCHAT
31-1-11, 17:32
1619: Interesting, very interesting. Apparently the odds on Blackpool midfielder Charlie Adam joining Manchester United have plummeted in the last few minutes. He is now 1/4 to go there and only 5/2 to join long-term suitors Liverpool. United boss Sir Alex Ferguson said last week of course that Adam is "worth £10m for his corners alone". Watch this space.

I'll be gutted if that b*****d Blue Nose and the manure snatch Charlie Adams from under our nose!

19steve86
31-1-11, 17:33
Well its about time a lot of the talk is to do with Liverpool
So many times i have watched SSN and seen everyone buy players on deadline day or january alone while liverpool did nothing.

Yes were not happy Torres is leaving but were looking to get suarez, carroll, adam etc etc... along with kenny saying there would be disappointment if liverpool signed no one which like he said would be a healthy change

Here is to the start of a very bright future under NESV/FSG and the real hope that dalglish is here for the long term (although it doesnt feel like he may only be here until may)

YNWA!!! long live the kop revolution

Brennan89
31-1-11, 17:34
If the Torres deal were to fall through we wouldn't have the money for Carroll, I shouldn't think. If Torres doesn't go we probably have to forego any possible transfers in this window bar Suarez. It'll be the summer when we see how much we really can afford to splash

Robbert
31-1-11, 17:35
SSN reporting that the Carrol deal could go in excess of 40m with add on's...:eek:

subliiimeSuuarez
31-1-11, 17:35
carroll deal could go up to £40million? SSN say

and wed sell torres for £50 million?

cmooon, this is getting silly now

sixtiesred
31-1-11, 17:37
MirrorFootball:
Blackpool chairman refusing to answer Liverpool's calls about Adam, claims Holloway http://bit.ly/flECNQ #football :eek:

ShankPaisLish
31-1-11, 17:38
Im off to the doctors in the morning.

Got a bad case of Skyinitus (constant fixation of the eyes)

And F5itus (repetetive strain of the right hand index finger)

:D

KeepTheFightForJustice
31-1-11, 17:39

I wouldnt be so sure mate.. While i do think torres will leave I reckon this deal might of happend even with torres still here

Seamus78
Man U want Adam to replace Scholes now.

LFC-18-5
what makes you think benzema is any better than carroll ive not seen it

The reason for buying a player from england is because its to late to buy from abroad now and plus it was reported thismorning from spurs chase for strickers in spain if u meet a buyout clause u have to pay the vat on it. so if u payed 35m for Llorente u would have another 6.3m on top of that.

35m is way to much, from what I seen from Llorente or Benzema they would probably be cheaper, Real never really rated Benzema that highly and the 26m offer for Llorente was said to be almost as high as the buyout clause but it is tru that we would have to pay the vat. Although I do really like Carrol, I can't get my head around the price tag. But anyway, I trust that Kenny and the owners will do what they believe is the best for the club.

19steve86
31-1-11, 17:41
carroll deal could go up to £40million? SSN say

and wed sell torres for £50 million?

cmooon, this is getting silly now

i agree... but id rather we pay over the odds for a player then having to sell the likes of masch and xabi for well under what there worth and spending it on mediocre players

dave568lfc
31-1-11, 17:41
newcastle reject second bid SSN

LiverpoolOne
31-1-11, 17:42
MirrorFootball:
Blackpool chairman refusing to answer Liverpool's calls about Adam, claims Holloway http://bit.ly/flECNQ #football :eek:

Yes saw that on The Independent page, not only childish but totally unprofessional if true. Holloway has certainly lost a lot of cred over recents weeks....pressure is getting to him. LFC will do things the right way.

Sjwliv
31-1-11, 17:43
2nd bid has been rejected for carrol!!!

i8descum
31-1-11, 17:44
sorry guys someone got to say it carroll is a donkey.a wannabe crouch and not as good

maradona4liverpool
31-1-11, 17:45
final price is pure speculation from ssn..

its all guess work up to now to keep a story going..

lets wait and see before getting excited/angry

subliiimeSuuarez
31-1-11, 17:46
wow
this is madness
look elsewhere !!! we have a few hours

dayjur69
Do Skybet know something, latest odds 1/2 to leave 11/8 to stay
where victor chandler are offering 1/7 to leave

OneMomentPlease
All these idiots from SSN and Soccernet, bias against Liverpool, its like they willing Torres to sign for Chelsea, helicopter ETC.

Please stick with us Torres, dont be a two face, please do the right thing we still love you!!!!!!

Captaine Fantastic
No way in hell should we pay more than£30m for Carroll keep the git Torres till summer and we have more choice then!!

j9lyons9
31-1-11, 17:47
ssn: newcastle have refused a second bid from liverpool?? anything over 20 mil is ridiculous for Caroll imo.
i have a gut feeling torres will stay!! :scarf

Robbert
31-1-11, 17:47
Second bid rejected...

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE DON'T GO HIGHER THAN 35M... :FP:

LiverpoolOne
31-1-11, 17:49
Good to see on a day of madness that LFC functions as normal and continues to build at all levels:

Liverpool today signed 17-year-old Conor Thomas from Coventry City on loan until the end of the season with a view to a permanent move.

The central midfielder, who has represented England U17s, made his full debut for the Championship outfit in this weekend's FA Cup defeat to Birmingham City.

Thomas will be based with the reserves at the Academy. (LFC)

sixtiesred
31-1-11, 17:49
Paul@M.E.N.:
RE the Charlie Adam to Man Utd rumours flying about - we're not expecting a deal here in Manchester having just spoken to a source inside Old Trafford.

VishRed1
31-1-11, 17:50
hahahaha. this is like a crazy ebay bid , where you're so ticked off with the auction going up that you just BID AND BID AND BID to prove who's king :D

Or the owners getting wasted, while playing a game of poker , trying to show of their financial booty.Breaking British Records for fun:p

On a sour note,it also sounds menacingly like a HOSTAGE situation, the events of the day!Breaking British Records for fun

40 million for carroll..... spurs going caravanning to buy everyone from spain.

OneMomentPlease
i rather we keep the money and work without torres until end of season if thats the case with him going.

but i havent given up on the man hes still a liverpool player

subliiimeSuuarez
GuillemBalague Guillem Balague
My sources at Chelsea confirm that they have offered £50m for Torres. The deal is close BUT not done yet

we need someone lined up to replace him ffs!

barnesrushgoal
31-1-11, 17:52
How the hell can that fat baffoon ashley turn it down, was only a year or so ago he was selling whole club for 100m and we offer 35 for one player. he is often in the casino he is just playing high stakes, To him this is just heaven, big time gambling.

BloodtypeLFC
31-1-11, 17:52
If this was true - http://www.sportingo.com/football/a18118_torres-could-remain-liverpool-following-agent-miscommunication

I would definately forgive fornando and be over the moon.

It claims he planned on leaving because we were showing no intent of buying.

But then wanted to stay when we were gettin suarez.

But his agent handed in the request and Torres was furious about this.

TBH i really look at nando and believe what he has said in the past. In fairness if we were not goin to buy in this window you couldn blame him for wanting out.

I just hope this article has something in it

Just imagine how much better it would feel lifting the trophies in your beloved liverpool shirt nando. I dont think it would feel the same in any other shirt. LIVERPOOL is where you belong nando, were angry and say things we shouldn but you are always in our hearts. Prove me right and Make the commitment!!!

YNWA

VishRed1
31-1-11, 17:56
i was reading reports about carroll driving to liverpool with nolan

hahahahahahaha... just quoted from a friend. Apparently they're roadtripping it :D

Torres helicoptering it , flown by babel
Sammy Lee prancing dancing to 3 new signings on twitter, Community coach giving his insight on things.....

Jesus!

RedMammoth
31-1-11, 17:58
Ok, six hours to go, Torres still a Liverpool player, no potential replacements seem to have had bids accepted and no-one has a clue what is going on.

Although allegedly we have just signed a 17 year old on loan from Coventry. What the hell is up with that? Loan?

ShankPaisLish
31-1-11, 17:59
The way things are going, the Torres deal WILL NOT go ahead unless we get a replacement.

Thats what I am picking up on. And hence the hold up between us and the chavs and the confusion.

If newcastle have rejected the 35 mill bid then, stuff that one.

I like Carroll but not that *******g much. We could end up with a situation where Torres HAS to stay, which could be interesting.

I honestly hope that NESV stand firm if we cannot get a replacement.

OneMomentPlease
31-1-11, 17:59
all these reporters are liverpool haters, they all begging and willing torres to sign with chelsea,they just want it, i really hope it does not happen, i am sure in this madness maybe torres will feel the love of liverpool and make a u-turn, its not too late, please someone run into melwood and show torres this message of mine

STHCHAT
31-1-11, 18:00
Luke Traynor: Just got off the phone from very well-placed sources who tell me that Andy Carroll is around an hour and a half from Liverpool.
Currently travelling by car.
Deal for £35m appears to be agreed.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/01/31/whirlwind-move-could-see-carroll-at-anfield-by-tonight-72703-28088092/

1644 DONE DEAL: It's a Liverpool signing, but not the one we are all waiting for. The Reds have signed 17-year-old midfielder Conor Thomas from Coventry on loan until the end of the season. He made his Sky Blues debut in Saturday's defeat by Birmingham City.

abhi8
31-1-11, 18:02
pay 18 mil for YOUNG....left side secured....AND KEEP TORRES....use 10 for adams.....there you are 4th spot....then ummm......try a punt for forlan for around 8-10 mil....he is still quality and plays well with suarez.....i think around 30 mil well spent....

livrule
31-1-11, 18:05
Utd are going to snatch Adam by the looks of things ....

Damn.

prayerforliverpool
31-1-11, 18:05
always sell for too little and pay too much, we need to improve our negotiating skills, sell thw worlds top striker for peanuts:mad:

LiverpoolOne
31-1-11, 18:06
LFCtv now on live and still reporting no change on official Torres statement

STHCHAT
31-1-11, 18:06
1642: At long last, I can give you an update on Fernando Torres' switch to Chelsea. Well, an explanation on why it hasn't progressed for the last few hours. BBC Sport understands that the delay with the deal is down to a hitch in negotiations about the mechanics of his Stamford Bridge contract, concerning image rights etc.

liv4EveR5
31-1-11, 18:07
http://tomkinstimes.com/2011/01/torres-carroll-suarez-adams-transfer-chaos/

adios Fernando - we will get better with out you. I cannot wait for Saturday and see a new lineup facing Chelsea. Carra back and A Carrol/Suarez/Pacheco up top.
I am sure carra and agger will have a word or 2 with the fake poster boy. To think if he waited 3months, just 3 months he would still be idolised by millions of pool fans.
Gutted but excited for our future.

ShankPaisLish
31-1-11, 18:08
Now dont slate me as I am a London red.

But i am quite surprised that all the people outside Melwood, not one has a Torres flag, banner or any message to the lad to not leave.

Just all the urchins trying to get seen on tv. :D

Then again, I bet IF Torres were to arrive at Chelsea there wont be any supporters there to greet him.

Apart from some fat ****** waving a plastic flag maybe.

abhi8
31-1-11, 18:09
WHY cant we REFUSE nando the move rather than making stupid transfer payments....TELL him to stay till summer...i dont mean ask but TELL him he cant go....even blackpool are showing that they have guts....cmon kenny.....

STHCHAT
31-1-11, 18:09
1642: At long last, I can give you an update on Fernando Torres' switch to Chelsea. Well, an explanation on why it hasn't progressed for the last few hours. BBC Sport understands that the delay with the deal is down to a hitch in negotiations about the mechanics of his Stamford Bridge contract, concerning image rights etc.

1704: Yep, the BBC has just had confirmation that Newcastle did reject Liverpool's second bid of £35m for Andy Carroll. BUT we understand that will not be the end of the matter... If and when a third bid is made, we will let you know. Carroll is apparently keen on the move, remember.

Stive08
31-1-11, 18:12
lol... all these kn*bs on SSN know Sh*t.

There's no way we would bid 30+ on Carrol, people use your common sense we just spent 23-26 on Suarez. The owners arent going to waste and over pay for players.

They wont panic buy

redbass77
31-1-11, 18:17
this deal will go through only a matter of time and we will sign andy carroll.
At what cost maybe 40 mill:scarf:eek:
Goodbye el nino:(

OneMomentPlease
31-1-11, 18:18
maybe we making SSN look like stupids, haha we causing a diversion, maybe

ChrissyMR2
31-1-11, 18:21
More twists in the Andy Carroll saga. Newcastle have accepted a transfer request from the striker - in spite of Liverpool's two rejected bids.

Could use this in our favour fingers crossed.

LiverpoolOne
Andy Carrol reported to have put in transfer request which has been accepted.

Kellso1
from Tony barrett:
Carroll flying to Merseyside on private jet that was sent to the North East to collect him by LFC. Deal very much on.

OneMomentPlease
31-1-11, 18:22
Isnt it funny the way SSN say Blackpool holding firm, Adams going nowhere but for Torres they make up stories hes already on his way there in helicopter ETC?? Like the media is trying to push the transfer through

Afterthought
31-1-11, 18:22
**** it - if Newcastle insist on us paying more, go back to Chelsea and demand what they want extra for Carroll on top of the 50 mill for Torres.

redbass77
31-1-11, 18:23
Carroll has handed in transfer request its a done deal:scarf
No matter what i beleive we will have improved the team for the rest of the season:scarf

jebacpoola
I can't believe that we are going to pay 30+ mill on a striker, while the manchs scums bought Hernandez for just 7...

*********** hate the scums....

Stive08
Transfer request by Carrol

35mil + add ons, over priced !!! I'll be happy having Carrol but not at that price that shows we are the poorest club at transfer for ***** sake

subliiimeSuuarez
carroll for £35-£40 million

replacing fernado torres for £50 million

******* joke

Robbert
31-1-11, 18:24
Carrol to have a medical later.
35+ cash plus add ons.

Good deal?

LiverpoolOne
31-1-11, 18:25
Carrol confirmed LFC!!!

OneMomentPlease
31-1-11, 18:25
**** it - if Newcastle insist on us paying more, go back to Chelsea and demand what they want extra for Carroll on top of the 50 mill for Torres.

right way, chelsea should pay the difference if they really want torres

RedsRunRiot
31-1-11, 18:26
50 million for Torres is insane. 35 for Carroll is insane. But if this was happening in the summer I'm sure that the prices would be 30 and 20 respectively.

sumit
31-1-11, 18:26
get distinct feeling we are being held to ransom by newcastle and chelsea.we should stand firm, not pay stupid money for carroll and not be held to blackmail from torres

Suso
31-1-11, 18:27

The thing is, Chelsea are not as stupid as we are.

Selling Torres for 50m and buying Carroll for 40m is the most stupid thing in the history of football..

ShankPaisLish
Its official on the home page:

Carroll fee agreed. :scarf

But Torres deal now likely to go through I am guessing:(

MistyMountainHop
lol... all these kn*bs on SSN know Sh*t.

There's no way we would bid 30+ on Carrol, people use your common sense we just spent 23-26 on Suarez. The owners arent going to waste and over pay for players.

They wont panic buy

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/reds-agree-carroll-fee

subliiimeSuuarez
31-1-11, 18:28
only liverpool could sell torres and replace him with andy ******* caroll and pay £35 million pounds

jdrrl
31-1-11, 18:30
Man Utd interested in Adam?????? What a load of bs, they just want to push the price up for us.......grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, I already think we're offering too much.

Ooooh apparantly Charlie Adam is on his way too Liverpool.....SSN:scarf

Stive08
31-1-11, 18:31
Adam apparently on his way aswell

LiverpoolOne
31-1-11, 18:32
only liverpool could sell torres and replace him with andy ******* caroll and pay £35 million pounds

Congrats you get the first negative comment in :mad:

WELL DONE LFC!! SUPPORT THE OWNERS:scarf:scarf YNWA

Whompy Whomperson
31-1-11, 18:32
**** off bidding on caroll hes not worth 20m
who ever keeps bidding shoot the ******* :FP:

kate08
31-1-11, 18:33
Mods any chance of an extension till midnight? :IN:

Thebeastyboy
31-1-11, 18:34
I think I am going to kill myself!!! Andy Carroll for 35million WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the worst day in the history of liverpool football club!

STHCHAT
31-1-11, 18:35
1726: BREAKING NEWS: LIVERPOOL ANNOUNCE THEY HAVE AGREED A FEE FOR NEWCASTLE STRIKER ANDY CARROLL

Now we can concentrate on Adam or Young. Could there be other surprises?? :D

Anfield-assassin
31-1-11, 18:36
bowing to torres wishes was stupid, offering 30mil was even more stupid, newcastle rejecting it was unbelievably stupid, but now 35mil????

no words........

JonTheRed91
31-1-11, 18:38
35 million shmillion, atleast we have owners which are willing to dig deep and show the incentive that they are here for business:scarf

Whompy Whomperson
31-1-11, 18:38
nope 35m REJECTED liverpool to bid more :FP:

Stive08
31-1-11, 18:39
we're paying probly extra mil or two just to pick Adam up shows Blackpool how poor they are cant even afford him a taxi

KingKD
31-1-11, 18:39
WE ARE FREAKING RICH!

No more the days where we look for players with transfer fee priced 3 million and below!

and i can see carroll partnering suarez in a terrific combination! height and speed!

lets hope we get hazard now!

:scarf:scarf:scarf:scarf:scarf

Captaine Fantastic
31-1-11, 18:41
Torres if you join Chelsea will be wiped memory of LFC history!!

Whompy Whomperson
31-1-11, 18:42
Its now 35m plus add ons and has been accepted :FP:

STHCHAT
31-1-11, 18:43
1726: BREAKING NEWS: LIVERPOOL ANNOUNCE THEY HAVE AGREED A FEE FOR NEWCASTLE STRIKER ANDY CARROLL

Now we can concentrate on Adam or Young. Could there be other surprises?? :D

5.38pm:This is getting a wee bit tricky. Thirty-seven minutes in and I've got 147 emails so far. Where were you Bangladesh v England second ODI February 2010? Ewan Murray our correspondent says the Charlie Adam deal, taking him from Blackpool to Liverpool is confirmed and may be worth about £14m to the Seasiders.

maradona4liverpool
carroll i think is a good signing if it goes through but not for money, adam i'm not so sure and defo not for money

if somebody said last week that we would/could basically swap torres for andy carroll and charlie adam i would have laughed them out of the room...

now i think i may even shed a tear

SuarezsTEETH
Whats with all the negativity towards andy carroll coming here, yes we paid tooooo much but we have sold torres for 50 mill and he wasnt worth that with the way he has been playing and his injuries. Lfc have done me proud by refusing his request to leave and then holding to a price WE wanted so they have done nothing wrong.

Looks like we have got a good young replacement in carroll who is 5 years younger than torres.

Lets just snap up adam and young and i'll be happy as can be

Darcyboy
For Gods sake, get a grip. Football world is crazy. Would you rather us not sign anyone. Trust the club, trust Kenny. We need another striker and if you want one in January you have to pay for it.:D

kreta01
31-1-11, 18:44
Listen; NESV is doing everything they can for Liverpool ! I have trust in them, Comolli and King Kenny ! Maybe £35m is too much, but he's young, he's strong, he's english,... but he's maybe the only possibility who can strenght us and who can play in Euro League !

Liverpool is back on track ! :scarf

ZimboRed
31-1-11, 18:46
I really don't know what to think. On hand it could turn out to be a master stroke, on the other hand, it could be the biggest mistake we've made to date (oh no, hang on, 2nd biggest mistake as letting H&G take over was and always will be the biggest:D). I do have to say that the owners aren't afraid of taking chances. At least we seem to have money to spend and owners willing to spend it. Does this bode well for the future? I'll stick to a "wait and see" policy.

Captaine Fantastic
I don't get it!!!!

Lucasaid
Erm yeah, just got in from work, can anyone fill me in? (oooh er!) whats going on?

Robbert
31-1-11, 18:47
just...35m... :FP:

WE COULD OF GOT LLORENTE OR AGUREO FOR THAT MUCH OR 5M MORE!
:FP::FP::FP:

Stive08
31-1-11, 18:47
lol.. our supporters on SSN

Whompy Whomperson
31-1-11, 18:48
Torres is a selfish ******* who forced our hand

Captaine Fantastic
31-1-11, 18:48
Carroll is injured too FFS!!! Thigh injury!

I don't get it!!!! signing a player that cannot play for at least another 3 weeks or so! :FP:

LIDandLAD
31-1-11, 18:49
Why are people worried about how much we are paying for carol , we are selling a big baby who's sold his soul and replaced him with a big strong English centre forward who will run through brick walls for the club! We just need to keep him out of the mosquito! :eek:.if we sign Adam we will have a British heart beat again. I also forgot about Suarez a good transfer window if it all comes off!:D

RedMammoth
Torres + Babel = £56million (roughly)

Carroll + Suarez = £56million (roughly)

Not bad deals.

KingKD
is carroll injured now? if so, till when?

subliiimeSuuarez
31-1-11, 18:50
cant believe people are happy
and thanking NESV

all theyve done is paid over the top prices for okayish players using the money made by selling our best player

absaloutly appauling tbh

kopendcraze
31-1-11, 18:50
thank you torres, u make us break the transfer record for both in and out :FP:

Stive08
31-1-11, 18:52
Can't wait til the weekend we going to hammer the chavs and get top 4 spot:D:scarf

Terminal
I think I am going to kill myself!!! Andy Carroll for 35million WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the worst day in the history of liverpool football club!

WUM. pathetic excuse for a fan. Torres asked to leave late. We got the best possible deal for someone available. Easier and faster to do business in one country than cross-country. They're willing to spend on the person and this is the bull you come out with??

ZimboRed
just...35m... :FP:

WE COULD OF GOT LLORENTE OR AGUREO FOR THAT MUCH OR 5M MORE!
:FP::FP::FP:

No we would not for 2 reasons:

1) The timing of Torres' transfer request. There isn't/wasn't enough time to agree to a fee for a foreign player and get them in for medicals/talks, hand in the papers etc before the deadline.
2) We would pay the buy-out clauses (35m for Llorente and 40m for Aguero), pay VAT on top of that and whatever other price the respective clubs would place on top. Those transfers would have been between 40m to 60m (each).

Lucasaid
Whats with all the negativity towards andy carroll coming here, yes we paid tooooo much but we have sold torres for 50 mill and he wasnt worth that with the way he has been playing and his injuries. Lfc have done me proud by refusing his request to leave and then holding to a price WE wanted so they have done nothing wrong.

Looks like we have got a good young replacement in carroll who is 5 years younger than torres.

Lets just snap up adam and young and i'll be happy as can be

Have to agree with this statement, id rather torres stayed too, that would be unbelievable.

But if torres goes, this is us moving forward. Carrol is a good player, maybe not 35m worth but only time will tell. Carrol and suarez looking good, any news on adam?

LiverpoolOne
31-1-11, 18:54
Do we sell Aguilani now and use cash for Adam, Young etc??

Avi01
31-1-11, 18:55
cant believe people are happy
and thanking NESV

all theyve done is paid over the top prices for okayish players using the money made by selling our best player

absaloutly appauling tbh

asked to listen offers.
rejected
transfer request
rejected
talks
still wants to leave.

meanwhile we need a striker ...badly.

Captaine Fantastic
I am starting to come round, Carroll and Saurez our front two not bad!

Just carroll injured which is annoying me!

Stive08
Can't wait til the weekend we going to hammer the chavs and get top 4 spot:D:scarf

I'm guessing we are getting more than 50 for Torres aswell