PDA

View Full Version : The apology mr comolli thread!

MaxisSnood
28-1-11, 18:09
Sorry mr Comolli :D anyone else like to apologise? I did see in recent weeks in the Suarez thread how people had a go at him lol!

RedBaros
28-1-11, 18:21
This should be a sorry Mr Comolli and FSG thread.

There should be 3 more posts in here by my recollection.

Where are you X-man...????

:D

BRISY
28-1-11, 18:24
Your aving a girrafe mate, these lot wont admit it when they are wrong.....NEVER:)

campione5times
28-1-11, 18:27
No need to apologise Brisy, he's just doing his job.

I have no doubt whatsoever that Mr Dalglish has exerted his influence to get this deal done.

Made my day...hope he palys against Stoke as i got me tickets earlier this morning.:)

Lizboy10
28-1-11, 18:28
I apologise for slightly doubting you, I gave a Lizboy guarantee he would sign and he has!

Well done Officer Crabtree!! :scarf

Istanpooltim
28-1-11, 18:28
I can think of at least 2 people who should be in here right now. Doubt they'll have the decency to show up!

Andy007
28-1-11, 18:29
I don't say sorry to French people unless they're Liverpool supporters. Does he support Liverpool? Or just does his 9-5?

Chickenliver
28-1-11, 18:30
Sorry mr Comolli :D anyone else like to apologise? I did see in recent weeks in the Suarez thread how people had a go at him lol!

No, as i didn't down talk him for no reason, go figure :IN:

glosred71
28-1-11, 18:34
I have nothing to appologise for as I kept quiet but there are plenty who should althogh I dont think this will be a long thread.To many fans looking for someone at the club to complain about. God knows if this is a spin off from H&G but it's time to get behind the club and move forward.

Liverdinner
28-1-11, 18:51
I apologise for not thinking we were gunna do it. But he should of done it earlier and with better tact.

OLI1879
28-1-11, 18:55
I apologise for not thinking we were gunna do it. But he should of done it earlier and with better tact.

Haha,funny joke. :D I don't really get it atually..:confused:

GerrardCarragherLFC
28-1-11, 18:56

How? By waving his magic wand. To say some believe we can't attract good players anymore he's done very well.

I couldn't help smile when i logged on to see Liverpool agree Suarez deal :D

Liverdinner
28-1-11, 18:58
Haha,funny joke. :D I don't really get it atually..:confused:

We ended up paying over the odds anyway. He could of done this a week ago and without annoying Ajax. Also allowing them more time to find a replacement.

How? By waving his magic wand. To say some believe we can't attract good players anymore he's done very well.

I couldn't help smile when i logged on to see Liverpool agree Suarez deal :D

I smiled too. Though I am not assured he will be a success here. Based on me not seeing much of him.

glosred71
28-1-11, 18:58
Has our tact been that bad ? Responsible spending to me not just diving in and spending more then required.

rcsc1
28-1-11, 18:59
No need to apologise Brisy, he's just doing his job.

I have no doubt whatsoever that Mr Dalglish has exerted his influence to get this deal done.

Made my day...hope he palys against Stoke as i got me tickets earlier this morning.:)

Yes I do but I believe this

GerrardCarragherLFC
28-1-11, 19:10
We ended up paying over the odds anyway. He could of done this a week ago and without annoying Ajax. Also allowing them more time to find a replacement.

I smiled too. Though I am not assured he will be a success here. Based on me not seeing much of him.

Every player has the potential to flop, but just from looking at his stats and if you watched the world cup you can get a general tatse of how he plays, albeit not conclusive. He could be a Torres, a voronin or inbetween, I guess we'll find out.

We payed more than we origionally wanted to yes, that's because Ajax wouldn't budge on the price. I think it was handled very well, made smaller bids first and paid the asking price when that failed. It shows our owners arn't going to waste money on offering large amounts of money straight away and also shows they're willing to spend the required amounts of money when needed. Them finding a replacement is irrelevant, doesn't effect us, if anything it benefits the deal.

So yeah, I think it was handled very well.

KOPGIRL1971
28-1-11, 19:12

not until I know Torres is deffo staying put

Gazza74
28-1-11, 19:14
not until I know Torres is deffo staying put

Can't blame Comolli for that really.

Liverdinner
28-1-11, 19:19
Every player has the potential to flop, but just from looking at his stats and if you watched the world cup you can get a general tatse of how he plays, albeit not conclusive. He could be a Torres, a voronin or inbetween, I guess we'll find out.

We payed more than we origionally wanted to yes, that's because Ajax wouldn't budge on the price. I think it was handled very well, made smaller bids first and paid the asking price when that failed. It shows our owners arn't going to waste money on offering large amounts of money straight away and also shows they're willing to spend the required amounts of money when needed. Them finding a replacement is irrelevant, doesn't effect us, if anything it benefits the deal.

So yeah, I think it was handled very well.

From what I have seen I liked him. But I havent seen enough to categorically state he will be good or not.

I think we paid too much and we should of compromised earlier to be honest. I dont like our treatment of Ajax.

GodSaveTheKing
28-1-11, 19:29
your all knobs for not letting liverpool do business their own way. shame on you

USE THE FORCE LUCAS
28-1-11, 19:50
It's a real insight into the kind of supporters that we have when every few months or so there is an apology thread for someone or other.

There is an existing culture here for judging people before it is reasonable to do so and nobody ever seems to learn from doing it the last time.

Liverpool fans are the most knowledgeable fans in football though of course!

:rolleyes: :FP:

GerrardCarragherLFC
28-1-11, 19:53
From what I have seen I liked him. But I havent seen enough to categorically state he will be good or not.

I think we paid too much and we should of compromised earlier to be honest. I dont like our treatment of Ajax.

I guess we're going to have to hit a brick wall and disagree on this. I genuinly believe the fee is reasonable with his stats. There are very few players in the world that are a guaranteed success with such a move. 81 goals in 108 games is fantastic/world class, even in a lesser league.

We didn't mistreat Ajax, we tryed look out for number 1 which is LFC.

bonou2
28-1-11, 19:53
yep im sorry i also i doubted him never been so glad to be proved WRONG.
but torres better stay :fc:

AlvaroRecoba
28-1-11, 19:57
Maybe in future you can wait before the transfer window is over before whinging.

Seanosdelgardo
28-1-11, 19:59
I suppose if your 12 years old and have been slagging off the man and FSG for the last week then you have a lot to apologise for for being an impatient twonk.

Most of us don't.

AlvaroRecoba
28-1-11, 20:01
I suppose if your 12 years old and have been slagging off the man and FSG for the last week then you have a lot to apologise for for being an impatient twonk.

Most of us don't.

:smug:

SixYardBoxer
28-1-11, 20:01

Most of us don't.

Klopptimist
28-1-11, 20:02

Oh ffs, its called negotiating. Perhaps FSG wanted Comolli to be the 'bad cop' to their 'good cop'. We won't know for a long time I reckon what really went on in the negotiations but that's a good thing in my book. Shows professionalism, and er, it worked. Why would we roll over right away, that just weakens your bargaining position in the future with other clubs. And it's not like they came out and said Ajax were a bunch of hairy smellies, so whats tact got to do with anything?

Onwards and upwards

:scarf

josiewales
28-1-11, 20:04

Stupid post

Dave00
28-1-11, 20:06
On the est forums there are only about a dozen folk that really need to think about stuff they have been posting about Comolli and NESV/FSG over the past couple of weeks.

At the end of the day that is a small percentage of the REDS that post in here.

The rest of us kept the faith and listened to Kenny when he kept saying the only way forward is if we stick together.:)

mojoreef
28-1-11, 20:09
Now we are complaining about our treatment of ajax?? really.

You value a player around 20mil, the opposite comes out at a high posturing bud of 25, you return with an eaual posturing bid of 15. So now both parties have gotten the bs off to the side and you begin to negociate in earnest. Some people on here just have to grow,

Mo

Carravaggio
28-1-11, 20:20
yep im sorry i also i doubted him never been so glad to be proved WRONG.
but torres better stay :fc:

Hey bonou, you were one of half a dozen people that really got on my nerves these last few days. The worst thing about these people is that they have been completely silent since the news broke. Not you. I respect that. Have some green.

graham-47
28-1-11, 20:24
I must admit I was beginning to doubt Comolli, over the suarez deal it did seem to be going on for ever. sorry Damion I was wrong :IN:

lets talk footy
28-1-11, 20:27

nothing to apologise for, i've have not criticised him or FSG. had we still not signed anybody come the 1st feb, whilst already having let babel go (potentially jova leaving as well). Then it may have been a different matter. but i have remained quietly confident throughout this month that at least one marque signing would be made.

The signing of suarez sends out a huge message to the other big guns that were back and we mean business; and from a business point of view, the suarez signing also demonstrates that FSG have assembled a team of non playing staff that are good enough to match the clubs ambitions, both on and off the pitch. So well done to the owners and to comolli who made the suarez signing happen.

Liverdinner
29-1-11, 01:37
Stupid post

because.....

MaxisSnood
29-1-11, 02:00
Josie how is it a stupid post?? the stupid thing about it is people saying"im not sorry because i didnt say anything" okay why comment if you said nout:FP:

Darrren1
14-8-13, 06:08

TheSoundLady
14-8-13, 06:15
Well we should thank him for Suarez.

The less said about the rest...

Darrren1
14-8-13, 06:21
Well we should thank him for Suarez.

The less said about the rest...

Oh absolutely - I love Suarez and I know Comolli played a huge part in bringing him here, so Im grateful to him for that.

It's just funny reading the smugness of posters on this thread - feeling that they've been vindicated in supporting Comolli and that others should apologise for doubting him. And how it's a sad state of affairs that Liverpool fans don't trust him and are too quick with their knee-jerk reactions.

And then three days later we went out and bought Carroll for 35m. :D

TheSoundLady
14-8-13, 06:28
Oh absolutely - I love Suarez and I know Comolli played a huge part in bringing him here, so Im grateful to him for that.

It's just funny reading the smugness of posters on this thread - feeling that they've been vindicated in supporting Comolli and that others should apologise for doubting him. And how it's a sad state of affairs that Liverpool fans don't trust him and are too quick with their knee-jerk reactions.

And then three days later we went out and bought Carroll for 35m. :D

Hold on, I have to vomit.

35 million penny sweets right? That's what we paid for him? Right? Please just say yes. Please.

Darrren1
14-8-13, 06:31
Hold on, I have to vomit.

35 million penny sweets right? That's what we paid for him? Right? Please just say yes. Please.

Yeah that's right. Ian Ayre was fuming, he was the one that had to go round all the newsagents in the North on his bike, buying up all their penny sweets.

He got his own back though. He ate one of them and Newcastle didn't even notice.

TheSoundLady
14-8-13, 06:34
Yeah that's right. Ian Ayre was fuming, he was the one that had to go round all the newsagents in the North on his bike, buying up all their penny sweets.

He got his own back though. He ate one of them and Newcastle didn't even notice.

I heard it was a fizzy cola bottle, and it made his eyes run and nose water, which left slimy residue all over Llambias, Kinnear & Pardew's desks. And they didn't even notice that.

Owned!

Darrren1
14-8-13, 06:36
I heard it was a fizzy cola bottle, and it made his eyes run and nose water, which left slimy residue all over Llambias, Kinnear & Pardew's desks. And they didn't even notice that.

Owned!

Damn. I really want a fizzy cola bottle now. I wonder if Ian will go out and get me one...

TheSoundLady
14-8-13, 06:40
Damn. I really want a fizzy cola bottle now. I wonder if Ian will go out and get me one...

I don't even know if North Western Corner Shops still have them. But any proper sweet shop in London will. Not open for a few hours though probably. And you may have to buy in Bulk. Ooh I rhymed with Hulk. Tescos and stuff might have them. Pick me up a Kebab or Curry while you're out guvna.

Darrren1
14-8-13, 06:52
I don't even know if North Western Corner Shops still have them. But any proper sweet shop in London will. Not open for a few hours though probably. And you may have to buy in Bulk. Ooh I rhymed with Hulk. Tescos and stuff might have them. Pick me up a Kebab or Curry while you're out guvna.

My local newsagent will have them and they're open now. But I can't be arsed.

I got you a nice juicy kebab - I'll email it over...