PDA

View Full Version : The Pepe Reina Appreciation Thread

The Kop Kid
2-2-11, 14:22
A clean sheet for Pepe Reina against Stoke City tonight will take the custodian into third place in the club's all time clean sheets list overtaking the great Elisha Scott.

The Spanish stopper*currently has 137 clean sheets, the same as Scott.

Good luck Pepe!

krycis
2-2-11, 14:23
Come on you Reds, make it happen for Pepe!

Oakryrch
2-2-11, 14:26
Nothing the great man doesn't deserve.

I'd hate to see the Pansy score past Pepe on Sunday.

Good luck Pepe and Reds. :clap:

LordJamieOfCarragher
2-2-11, 14:27
Stoke haven't scored at Anfield in the league since 1983. :)

I think I was there that day as well.

SuperSi
2-2-11, 14:28

Get in! Come on Pepe!

uponmychest
2-2-11, 14:30
Would be great to see the kop stand and chant pepe's name out tonight as he approahes the stand..

Just to let him know how much we appreciate his loyalty and his love for Liverpool football club.. Not that we don't show our support, but after the last week it would send out a true Liverpool and kop vibe..

YNWA

Midophile
And he's had a very average defense for most of those. What a ******* legend.

The Kop Kid
A true legend!

farlored12
2-2-11, 14:31
Would be great to see the kop stand and chant pepe's name out tonight as he approahes the stand..

Just to let him know how much we appreciate his loyalty and his love for Liverpool football club.. Not that we don't show our support, but after the last week it would send out a true Liverpool and kop vibe..

YNWA

Yeah with another Spanish player gone out the door it might just start to be a little bit lonely for Pepe. He is my biggest fear for the summer market tbh.

OlaRedmen
2-2-11, 14:31
Absolutely spot on.

LordJamieOfCarragher
2-2-11, 14:32

YNWA

He needs a better song than he has as well.

The old Grobbelaar one would be better.

RogerHuntelaar
2-2-11, 14:32

Seriously? This season is all about breaking records, though. And not in a good way. :(

The Kop Kid
2-2-11, 14:33
Suarez is spannish speaking, as is maxi, pacheo and other lesser known players

As will as this Pepe is fluent in English, hopefully it won't be too much of a problem!

uponmychest
2-2-11, 14:34
Deserves all the praise, top man..

DivingMosquitoes
2-2-11, 14:36
I don't think Pepe gives a **** tbh he seems to be love by the other players

LordJamieOfCarragher
2-2-11, 14:36
Seriously? This season is all about breaking records, though. And not in a good way. :(

They've only played 4 times since then. :)

MexicanPiggy
2-2-11, 14:46
A clean sheet for Pepe Reina against Stoke City tonight will take the custodian into third place in the club's all time clean sheets list overtaking the great Elisha Scott.

Good luck Pepe!

And Elisha was here for about 10 years wasn't he? :scarf

PHIL.
2-2-11, 14:47
:scarf

The Kop Kid
2-2-11, 15:11
And Elisha was here for about 10 years wasn't he? :scarf

I believe so!

KopWaa
2-2-11, 15:13

Good luck Pepe! What a wonder servant to the club and hopefully he can break this record tonight, Pepe Reina what a Keeper, Best in the World.

Dannuboy
2-2-11, 23:10
Now has moved into third ranked as LfC keeper with most clean sheets i believe:IN:

He truely is an outstanding keeper and his attitude and pertsonality is exactly what we are all about - the liverpool way.

Future captain:scarf

Dave00
2-2-11, 23:23
Actually Pepe has just moved one game ahead of Northern Irelands Elisha Scott into third spot of the most starts for our club between the posts.

Well done Pepe and a clean sheet with a good save aswell in achieving that milestone.:scarf

Dalglish7Suarez
2-2-11, 23:24
I think this will be over shadowed by Suarez's debut and goal. However enough praise cannot be paid to Pepe, he's a great goalkeeper and servant to the club.

Well done Pepe, you deserve it.

Dalglish7Suarez
2-2-11, 23:25
I think this will be over shadowed by Suarez's debut and goal. However enough praise cannot be paid to Pepe, he's a great goalkeeper and servant to the club.

Bijur
2-2-11, 23:25
fantastic keeper! congrats!

Listee
2-2-11, 23:28
Well done Pepe!!

I can feel a golden gloves worthy 2nd half of the season approaching

Start this Sunday & we'll be on our way :)

Dannuboy
2-2-11, 23:34

Ah well, i was kinda close:FP: Still amazing keeper though.

WAAT
2-2-11, 23:36
Well done, YNWA :scarf:scarf

direwolf
2-2-11, 23:42
Love him, absolutely love him.

The-Hawkster
2-2-11, 23:44
World Class keeper, there's not enough words in the dictionary to describe how important Pepe is for us.

Well done Pepe, you thoroughly deserve it. YNWA. :scarf

By-Lallanas-Beard
2-2-11, 23:56
while i love the man i am totally against him being made captain.

goalkeepers should never ever be captain. a captain needs to lead by example on the pitch and needs to be involved. Sadly, GK rnt involved in the game and cant take games by the scruff of the neck.

My opinion anyways

caliburgerz
3-2-11, 00:11
Well done. Class act.

ardizoglou
3-2-11, 00:13
...they kept saying that liverpool have 2 world class players in gerrrd and Torres..
How much effort does it need to identify that Pepe Reina is in the same caliber? It's not so much about crucial saves, reflexes etc ... it is mainly about distribution of the ball which Pepe does better than any other in the world.
He has devised the way to transform an defensive effort into an attacking one within 2-3 secs. This is unique and is something that young keepers will try to work on..
In this sense Pepe is transforming the game in a radical fashion and creates real progress, something that is very difficult to do in any field or profesion these days..
...but still some "experts" fail to see it...

RoyStapleton
3-2-11, 00:14
Well done Pepe, you deserve it!

YNWA

grevsmoker
3-2-11, 00:15
Pepe is the man.

SixStringLuke
3-2-11, 00:17
These so called experts are incestuous in their comments. They keep repeating the same thing their colleagues say because they have a hive mind.

Reina is great with both feet, his hands and positioning. He can put it on our striker's boot with both feet and a throw.

His reflexes are amazing as is his agility.

He will make the odd mistake but every keeper is fallible and unfortunately, there is no one to cover a keeper's mistake.

As long as we know the truth, and we let him know how much we believe in him, thats all that matters.

ReDSar19
3-2-11, 00:18
Brilliant keeper and a true gentleman, a man of his words...not like certain spaniard we got know... He is genuine article and best goalie in pl.
Long may it continue.

PurpleKoala
3-2-11, 00:18
what a save! better than the first half one by Begovic (sp?)

RedRob67
3-2-11, 00:19
...they kept saying that liverpool have 2 world class players in gerrrd and Torres..
How much effort does it need to identify that Pepe Reina is in the same caliber? It's not so much about crucial saves, reflexes etc ... it is mainly about distribution of the ball which Pepe does better than any other in the world.
He has devised the way to transform an defensive effort into an attacking one within 2-3 secs. This is unique and is something that young keepers will try to work on..
In this sense Pepe is transforming the game in a radical fashion and creates real progress, something that is very difficult to do in any field or profesion these days..

As ever ..the pundits **** them
He was my motm today ..extreme I know but I find him often flawless

Stan85
3-2-11, 00:20
Best keeper in the world and a leader on and off the pitch.

Well done Pepe and long may it continue!

RogerHuntelaar
3-2-11, 00:20

joffy35
3-2-11, 00:22
Pepe for me is the best goalkeeper in the world.. :scarf

PHIL.
3-2-11, 00:23

By-Lallanas-Beard
3-2-11, 00:24
what i like about him is that he has EVERYTHING a goalkeeper needs to succeed. Nothing missing from his game at all.

kennys3rdlittletoe
3-2-11, 00:25
Kenny said he get's an autographed ball for 3 straight (hatrick of) clean sheets. Seems fair!

MircKing
3-2-11, 00:26
Well done Pepe. You deserve it mate. The best keeper in the world!!

YNWA

mitador
3-2-11, 00:29

agree agree:scarf:scarf:scarf:scarf:scarf

Muller2001
3-2-11, 00:30
Well Done Pepe lad. After seeing you force fabregas into a barcelona Jersey, maybe you can force messi or aguero into a Liverpool one? :D

That'd be cheeky, even if it was just for a picture.

RedRob67
3-2-11, 00:35
The man is amazing and he has another 4/5 yrs at the top .
Well done lad :scarf

TeenageMutantNinJaSkrtel
3-2-11, 00:36
Actually Pepe has just moved one game ahead of Northern Irelands Elisha Scott into third spot of the most starts for our club between the posts.

Well done Pepe and a clean sheet with a good save aswell in achieving that milestone.:scarf

I would say world class save. :scarf

Paullfc1976
3-2-11, 00:37
Love him, just hope he's not a lair like another Spaniard.

krycis
3-2-11, 00:40
I thought it was 3rd slot for clean sheets, not just being between the posts. At least that's what I read last night and what the announcer said whilst watching the game. Regardless, he kept that clean sheet and he earned it with that save.

Bobbypeck
3-2-11, 00:40
Agreed. Pepe is brilliant, as a player and as a man.

Suarolls Boots
3-2-11, 00:44
Great thread and yes congrats Pepe, well done son :scarf

slimman
3-2-11, 00:46
Pepe is the business. What a keeper.

Congrats :scarf

WALKONLFC
3-2-11, 00:47
There is no one better than Pepe and that is the bottom line. He is fantastic for this club and we would be lost without him IMO.

-Chris-
3-2-11, 00:52
True legend is Pepe! Well done lad!

Kloppstachio
3-2-11, 01:04
Pepe's amazing and next year, the slew of trophies he and this team deserve will start coming in under King Kenny. :scarf

-PRAETORIAN-
3-2-11, 12:39
Just thinking about, for the life of me i can't remember if he does, and if he doesn't jeepers guys lets get our act together and sort one out for him!!!!!

Muller2001
3-2-11, 12:40
Just thinking about, for the life of me i can't remember if he does, and if he doesn't jeepers guys lets get our act together and sort one out for him!!!!!

How about
"Pepe, Pepe's Cool,
Pepe, Pep's cooool!"

It underlines his utter coolness.

LordJamieOfCarragher
3-2-11, 12:43
He only has

"Pepe Reina, Pepe Reina, Hey, Hey"

Which is rubbish.

He should have the old Grobbelaar one.

Muller2001
3-2-11, 12:46
Or to the tune of "love will tear us apart"

"Pepe, Pepe will save all your shots from the start"

Or maybe someone could come up with something about clean sheets. Or for against Arsenal maybe something about him forcing Fabregas to wear a Barcelona jersey. It'd be class to sing about that.

The Kop Kid
13-2-12, 10:38
Just a little update!

Pepe now currently has;
156 clean sheets in 340 LFC appearences
Currently level on clean sheets for the season with joe hart!

well done pepe!

cravenz
13-2-12, 10:49
Here's my contribution from the original thread I created: Pepe Reina - A Tribute (http://forums.liverpoolfc.tv/threads/295591-Pepe-Reina-A-Tribute).

Lest we forget that Pepe whilst having a shaky season, already has racked up 10 clean sheets for us out of 24 matches. He is at the top of the division for clean sheets, and also, created more goal scoring opportunities than any other keeper between the sticks, 5. He already has a hat-trick of golden gloves (2005 - 2008), and maybe it is time he adds another.

We are crying out for a creative player etc, but Pepe and our defence is the very reason why we are still in the hunt for 4th place this season.

His enthusiasm for both the game and the club's success is right up there with the best of the club, and I'd love to see him hang up his boots with us if he maintains his high intensity game. He isn't perfect by any means, but he has filled a gap between the sticks for us quietly after all those years of crying out for a dependable goalkeeper. We have that now, and his service should not be missed.

Kenny Dalglish believes Liverpool's impressive defensive form this season is a result of a team effort rather than the impact of individuals.

Goalkeeper Pepe Reina is joint top (with Manchester City's Joe Hart) in the Premier League clean sheet stakes following a last-ditch block at the feet of Gareth Bale on Monday which earned him his 10th shut-out in 24 games.

But while Dalglish is delighted with the form of his Spanish stopper, the boss insists it has been a collective push that has meant Liverpool have conceded two fewer than league leaders City.

"The clean sheet on Monday was Pepe's 10th of the season, which puts him at the top of the list in the division," Dalglish told LFC Magazine.

"But while it is the goalkeeper who gets the recognition, everybody plays a part in achieving those clean sheets. Pepe made a really good save late on in the game on Monday and, like the rest of the team, made an important contribution to us getting the result.

"Like everything else, whether you're attacking the goal or whether you're defending it, everybody has to be taken into consideration. They have all made a contribution to us not losing too many goals.

"The forwards work hard to play their part and you could go straight through the team. In the same way, everybody contributes to making a goal."

Reina has an impressive track record when it comes to keeping clean sheets. The Reds' No.25 won the Premier League Golden Glove award in three consecutive seasons from 2005 to 2008.

In 244 league appearances for Liverpool since joining from Villarreal in July 2005, he has made 1094 saves and kept a total of 118 clean sheets.

Dalglish added: "Individuals rightly receive praise on occasion but the most important thing for us is that they are in it collectively. That's the reason why they have been successful. It's a good recipe."

Pepe Reina has created more goalscoring chances for his teammates than any other goalkeeper in the Barclays Premier League so far this season, according to Opta statistics.

The Liverpool custodian has created five opportunities in 2011-12 - more than any other stopper in the division.

Meanwhile, Andy Carroll has recorded the joint most number of headers on target this term.

The striker has nine aerial efforts to his name, joining Grant Holt (Norwich) and Clint Dempsey (Fulham) at the top of the list.

Pepe Reina's Best Saves (HD) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl68kKFsFJU&feature=g-vrec&context=G2a67bc5RVAAAAAAAAAw)

Pepe Reina Tribute - Liverpool FC 2005-2011 |HD| (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAlW21Le4NQ)

Oh...and don't forget his outfield appearance for us: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L65rn5jHOUs&feature=related

Plus, his book "Pepe - My Autobiography". Definitely worth a read if you haven't read it already.

YNWA Pepe YNWA :scarf

LiverpoolOne
14-2-12, 09:10
We are very fortunate to have this guy at LFC:scarf What a great sight it would be to see that big smile as he lifts the cup(s) at Wembley:scarf:D:scarf

BeautifulHistory
24-3-12, 11:50
If been trying to find a topic about Reina so I apologise for bringing up an old one,

Everyone has been saying Reina has been absolutely poor and we should be selling him

But there's two things what people haven't really taken into consideration that Reina lost his best friend Xavi Valero who was his goalkeeper trainer,

The second point is related I feel not only to the team has changed their style I feel the new goalkeeper coach has tried change Reina style as well,

With those two factor I feel has contributed to Reina being not his normal self, but also mentally he doesn't look right either as always looking like something on his mind all the time.

but i'm so happy we got Reina & i would not swap for any one

Pepe Reina 2005 - 2010 // Mega Tribute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OILhf2vxMgc

-CADS-
24-3-12, 14:09
What a player! :scarf

KOPGIRL1971
24-3-12, 17:05
Hasn't saved a penalty in at least three years :(

he's been average this season, whether he lost his trainer or not

LFC Klopp
17-6-12, 19:16
Definitely dont give up your day job Pepe.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0WWvm-6qlc)

SweetSilverSeven
17-6-12, 22:07
Definitely dont give up your day job Pepe.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0WWvm-6qlc)

:clap: :scarf Well Done Pepe! :scarf :clap: