PDA

View Full Version : Would you take Ashley Young for 12m?

Rifatul
21-3-11, 17:28
if thats what villa wants, we must get him, what u guys think?

http://www.sportingo.com/football/a19465_liverpool-eye-cutprice-move-england-international-flyer

WindyShepherdHenderson
21-3-11, 17:29
12m would be embarrassing for Villa.

Liverdinner
21-3-11, 17:29
I dont have the cash mate sorry.

KingKennyYNWAForEver
21-3-11, 17:30

http://www.sportingo.com/football/a19465_liverpool-eye-cutprice-move-england-international-flyer

well we do need a winger and at that price i say go get him nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :D

Jazzy-J
21-3-11, 17:31

They might have to settle for something as low as that, as his contract expires next summer.

If I were a manager of a big club I'd take a look at Albrighton.

WhoNeedsAUsername
21-3-11, 17:31
take him where?

aRandomNameHere
21-3-11, 17:33
yes I'd take Young in a heart beat, he needs to be in a quality attacking team and let's be honest. That is something Houllier has never been successful at.

He'd flourish under Kenny

WindyShepherdHenderson
21-3-11, 17:34
They might have to settle for something as low as that, as his contract expires next summer.

Didn't know that. What did they pay for him - 9.75m?

Carlton Facepalmer
21-3-11, 17:35

I agree, particularly if there downward spiral continues!

Jazzy-J
21-3-11, 17:35

Around that I think. I was convinced they'd overpaid at the time, but he's been more than worth it. His contract definitely expires next summer, it's been reported a lot in the locals.

kopitecrash
21-3-11, 17:37
Well he's going somewhere. Certainly, his kind of delivery would be food and drink for Andy Carroll, and he could interact well with Suarez. I'd say that would be an excellent signing at a good fee. And he would get regular game time for us.

WindyShepherdHenderson
21-3-11, 17:37
Around that I think. I was convinced they'd overpaid at the time, but he's been more than worth it.

That's exactly what I thought. Credit to him though, he's been a great buy. Hopefully we can sign Kolo Toure and Ballack too. Marlo, Stringer and McNulty all in the same team.

REDULATE
21-3-11, 17:38
Take both him and Albrighton, cost around 20 million to acquire both of their services I think.

Jazzy-J
That's exactly what I thought. Credit to him though, he's been a great buy. Hopefully we can sign Kolo Toure and Ballack too. Marlo, Stringer and McNulty all in the same team.

Haha :D

Alan from Braga could be Snoop.

LiverpoolOne
Fits 'the profile' as Mr Comolli is often keen to say about targets

WindyShepherdHenderson
Haha :D

Alan from Braga could be Snoop.

Give me a second.

The Parish
21-3-11, 17:39

But what about Wallace? Where the **** is he these days anyway?

Klopportunity

What was his contract length at Watford?

Jazzy-J
Take both him and Albrighton, cost around 20 million to acquire both of their services I think.

I reckon you'd be looking at 12-15 for Young and 10-12 for Albrighton. I'm surprised he hasn't got into an England squad yet, I think he's had as good a season as Jarvis.

Lomes
21-3-11, 17:40
I'd bite their hands off!!

12 million!!:eek:

If the relegation battle gets the better of Villa this is a must....

The one big selling point for me is he'd be the only player in our team able to keep up with Suarez on a counter attack!

RogerHuntelaar
21-3-11, 17:40
I would take Young for more than that. I think he's a good player and I don't get why people tend to say he is overrated.

REDULATE
21-3-11, 17:41
I reckon you'd be looking at 12-15 for Young and 10-12 for Albrighton. I'm surprised he hasn't got into an England squad yet, I think he's had as good a season as Jarvis.

Depends if this Young contract thing is true, I think we could force their hand a bit and get him for around 12 million tops if he has no intention of signing a new one and only has 12 months left

grevsmoker
21-3-11, 17:42
Yes I would Young for 12 million. Anything more than that and I would be slightly skeptical.

50P-WSTB-Head
21-3-11, 17:44
15million or lower and it would be a cracking deal.

What his injury record like? I can't seem to remember him being injured much.

KopWaa
21-3-11, 17:45

http://www.sportingo.com/football/a19465_liverpool-eye-cutprice-move-england-international-flyer Yes that would be sweet, i'd check his fitness big time with that price tag, that is cheap for one so talented.

LFCLovercom
21-3-11, 17:46
Within a heart beat. What is interesting is that Houllier has tried to convert him from being a winger, into a forward. :scarf

Maudes77
21-3-11, 17:47

Totally agree. Albrighton has been impressive every time I have seen him play.

I am not too keen on Ashley Young, I honestly don't see the appeal.

Rifatul
21-3-11, 17:47
one thing, he will bring is pace into the attack, which we r missing a lot

slimman
21-3-11, 17:48
yes I'd take Young in a heart beat, he needs to be in a quality attacking team and let's be honest. That is something Houllier has never been successful at.

He'd flourish under Kenny

When he was linked to us under Rafa i wasn't too keen but you're dead right that under Kenny he'll be very good.

Alon1
21-3-11, 17:58
yes, 12 million is good price for him, considering the 1 years contract remaining, anything under 15 million should be ok, as we would face some competence for him.

RogerHuntelaar
21-3-11, 18:00
He's the Dries Mertens of the EPL.

jonsonos
21-3-11, 18:02
Not my favourite wide player but i would take him up to about 15 million, he's a good age, has pace and most importantly great delivery which we obviously need.

Ideal world i would like someone better but he would improve one of our flanks alot and when a when a player of that quality becomes available for that price and he plays a position you need it would be silly not to have a go.

KRegg
21-3-11, 18:04
for those who watch Villa - when is the last time he played out wide for them? In the couple of games I've catched he was played centrally behind the striker with Downing/Albrighton out wide.

danm77
21-3-11, 18:05
lol. 12million is a steal for Ashley Young considering he is English, an established Premier League player and is a vitally important player for Villa. If we got him for 12mill we'd be laughing all the way to the bank.

Bewdleyfan
21-3-11, 18:05
I've championed the signing of Young for a while now. Personally, I believe he is one of the best crossers of a ball in the Premier League, whether it from a moving or dead ball. The fact we could get him for quite a bit cheaper than he is worth makes it even more tempting.

If we could bring in the Villain and also Adam, Carroll would be having a lot of goalscoring opportunities in my opinion, due to the precision passing of the aforementioned players.

Pitwaller
21-3-11, 18:07
12mil and we will even throw in Konchesky, thats gotta be a deal sealer:D

seddo87
21-3-11, 18:10
I'd take him for the price easily, that's a bargain. He's even been playing a sort of second striker role at Villa so that could be an option if need be down the line sometime due to injuries or suspensions.

LFCDave84
21-3-11, 18:11
In a word "YES" :)

-CADS-
21-3-11, 18:24
Will never go for that because there will be a bidding war where I could see the minimum price being 16m but could be around the 20m mark.

jamiechloe
21-3-11, 18:32
Don't think he's come to us, he'd wanna be playin CL football

koptonite
21-3-11, 18:36
I heard we offered 20m for him in January, so think the story is BS.
Still the worse Villa do, the more likely it is he will want to leave. Will probably want European football though.
I heard he is an Arsenal fan, so hopefully he is unlikely to go to spurs.

REDULATE
21-3-11, 18:36
Don't think he's come to us, he'd wanna be playin CL football

He's never played it in his career so can't be used as a factor against us, particularly when we sign Meireles and Suarez who both actually gave up the Champions League toplay for us, we are massive, and as Luis even said, it is an honour for the majority of players around the world to play for Liverpool,

Ellibertador
21-3-11, 18:56
Fot that price it's a must.

koptonite
21-3-11, 18:56
He has what we lack- Pace, quick feet and skill.
I can't think of many other players that have the same level of pace and skill and understanding of the English game that are available at the moment.
He can play on the wing and I would love to see him pushed up front for counter attacks once we are ahead.
I think we should go hard for him given the above. Hopefully can get GH to help us out before he gets fired!

REDULATE
21-3-11, 18:57
nzogbia and young, would everyone be happy with them as our wingers going into season 11/12

Defo-skitso
21-3-11, 19:01
I think Nzogbia and young are realistic targets unless the owners are putting in more than we all expect. Young for 12-15M is worth a shout, i actually don't think hes as good as most say he is. Downing on the left is not a bad shout and albrighton would be a good signing for the future but he wouldn't come cheap and might not leave at his age.

Young is unlikely to fancy taking on

United - Nani & Valencia
Spurs - Lennon & Bale

But could fit in at chelsea, arsenal or liverpool.

CharlieManson
21-3-11, 19:54
Sod Young, Hes over rated - Give me Aaron Lennon anyday of the week for 18m

bigpepespunch
21-3-11, 20:23

Funny you call Young over rated and then name an even more over rated player as an alternative. We want decent service to Carroll, not someone who runs like a headless chicken at great pace.

Sunraged
21-3-11, 20:48

I'm not a huge fan of Young, but I can see the value of him at set pieces etc.. particularly now we have the big lad up front.

So through gritted teeth I'd say snatch their hand off at 12m.

youwannabe
21-3-11, 23:13

Asley young is fast but cannot dribble/ has no tricks. the problem with players of is ilk is that as soon as they have a niggle and lose a yard of pace, they look very very ordinary. Nzogbia is a thouisand times the player Ashley Young is in view. Ashley Young NEVER has a great game against any of the TOP teams EVER!

If there is anyone in cyber space that remembers Ashley Young doing anything of note against Ars/Chel /Utd /Liverpool or Man city, let me know.

Seanosdelgardo
21-3-11, 23:23

Albrighton looks like he could be very special.

Stan85
21-3-11, 23:32
12m is more realistic.

I think he is a slight gamble, but he certainly has talent and hopefully he would show it and develop it if he does move.

Although comparing values, Barca only want 7m for Jeffren and I'm not sure if Young is all that much better.

Istanpooltim
22-3-11, 00:55
Anything under 15 million and we should sign him. He's a very good player, young and English. With new "homegrown" rules being apllied he'd be a usefull asset.
But we shouldn't confuse him as our new wide man. If we sign him we'd be better off playing 3 at the back and 3 up front. With Suarez and Young playing wide of Carroll. 2 centre mids, and then 2 full backs providing the width.

If we're going to play 4.4.2 and put Young out wide, then he'll just be another name to the list of failed left wingers that cut in all the time and lose our width. That said he might be an upgrade on Kuyt for the right, but he seems to prefer coming in on goal than staying out wide and crossing.

He's the sort of payer we need to bring in if we're going to ever be considered as having squad depth!

Graggster
22-3-11, 00:58
i think young would be very tempted to sign for us over other big clubs... he knows he will start from the off and with not alot to challenge him

Also the signings off Suarez and carrol will show him we mean business.

Mapeke
22-3-11, 00:58
He'd be a good signing for 12-15m. We need a wide player capable of delivering accurate crosses to Carroll and he fits the bill. He's also able to play in a number of positions and formations which I like.

RyanBabylon
22-3-11, 01:59
I'd take him or Albrighton; not my first choices, but certainly up there for reasonable prices.

Megali-Idea
22-3-11, 02:21
Give me N'Zogbia and one of Marin/Honda instead of Young. So overrated, would even prefer Elia over him, if we are just going to go for speed, might as well get someone with the electrifying pace Elia has, and he has some technical skill to boot.

Liverdinner
22-3-11, 02:26
Whilst 12 mil is a decent price for young, I actually would not take him for that price. For me, it is an issue of opportunity cost; spending 12 mil on him could mean other better players are missed out on or other positions cant be strengthened.

Graggster
22-3-11, 02:29
Whilst 12 mil is a decent price for young, I actually would not take him for that price. For me, it is an issue of opportunity cost; spending 12 mil on him could mean other better players are missed out on or other positions cant be strengthened.

your wumming right?

12mil is a bargain

Liverdinner
22-3-11, 02:30
your wumming right?

12mil is a bargain

Do you not understand the concept of opportunity cost?

Graggster
22-3-11, 02:35
Do you not understand the concept of opportunity cost?

not really but i catch your drift

young might not be the best winger but for 12mil i would snap there hand off.. i cant see him going for less than 15mil

it would also give us more money for other players

Young would walk into our team and improve it.

Liverdinner
22-3-11, 02:40
not really but i catch your drift

young might not be the best winger but for 12mil i would snap there hand off.. i cant see him going for less than 15mil

it would also give us more money for other players

Young would walk into our team and improve it.

It basically just means that we potentially risk losing out on another player due to using the resources to sign Young and the space in our team he would fit.

He would walk into our team but id rather we aim a bit higher and signed a top quality player. Perhaps if we have money left id go for Young.

Graggster
22-3-11, 02:41
It basically just means that we potentially miss losing out on another player due to using the resources to sign Young and the space in our team he would fit.

He would walk into our team but id rather we aim a bit higher and signed a top quality player. Perhaps if we have money left id go for Young.

we disagree yet again:)

Liverdinner
22-3-11, 02:43
we disagree yet again:)

You would rather not go for a top quality player? :confused:

Graggster
22-3-11, 02:44
You would rather not go for a top quality player? :confused:

if we have 25mil to go for a top quality player yes but if its a big chunk out of the kitty then no.. Young would do just fine.

Liverdinner
22-3-11, 02:45
if we have 25mil to go for a top quality player yes but if its a big chunk out of the kitty then no.. Young would do just fine.

I ve had enough of our policy of pursuing lesser options. I say just get a position sorted or two and then see what we have left.

Tiggy2
22-3-11, 03:00
At first I thought this thread was started by a terrible parent and destined to be closed within seconds....

Megali-Idea
22-3-11, 04:38

Marveaux would "improve" our winger situation. We are utter dross in that category. We should be aiming to get a top player for that position, not someone that could oust Maxi or Kuyt/Meireles on the wing.

SuperSpeedy
22-3-11, 07:14
I'd snap their hands of for that, think he would be great for us.

ls14
22-3-11, 10:39
this is a stupid question m8,anyone in the world will take him for 12m,he will go for at least 25m maybe 30m 35m..

Ferret92
22-3-11, 10:41
Not a massive fan of Young, but it is 100% better than anything we have at the moment.

marty-b
22-3-11, 11:01

We should get him in! End of..

Adam.L.F.C
22-3-11, 11:28
this is a stupid question m8,anyone in the world will take him for 12m,he will go for at least 25m maybe 30m 35m..

25m/30m/35m? for ashley young. No offence mate but :FP:

Why are people not understanding he has just a year left on his contract!!!!!

When Owen had a year left on his contract and wanted to leave we were stuck and had to sell him for 8-10mill!

Adam.L.F.C
22-3-11, 11:30
I would definatly go fdor ashley young for 12mill. Even though he doesnt play as a winger no more for villa but he still has pace and has a very good delivery.

We need two top wingers in the summer young 12mill and 25mill on either hazard or sanchez.

Thats 37mill on wide areas and we should have the wide areas covered for a good few years.

-Chris-
22-3-11, 11:34
He has a year left on his deal and isn't going to sign a new one. Villa need money for new players because right now they are struggling so they won't want him leaving for a free. You could probably get him for under 12 million and yes i would easily take him for that! Easily.

TheVikingMushroom
22-3-11, 11:53
I would take Ashley Young for 12m any day of the week. The guy is an out and out winger and gets the chalk on his boots and also has a great cross. The fact that he is English too is always good for the quota but failing that Downing or Jarvis as other English Wingers would be good alternatives. Aaron Lennon has pace to burn but just like Walcott has no end product.

Rifatul
22-3-11, 14:35
25m/30m/35m? for ashley young. No offence mate but :FP:

Why are people not understanding he has just a year left on his contract!!!!!

When Owen had a year left on his contract and wanted to leave we were stuck and had to sell him for 8-10mill!

this

welshred1978
22-3-11, 16:55
a mate of mine is a villa season ticket holder and he doesn't rate Young anywhere near as highly as Albrighton,he says he's too lazy and doesn't like to help out with his defensive duties and he couldn't care less if he goes.

L1verFC
22-3-11, 19:59
As of the 25/2/2011 these stats show Ashley young as having the 8th highest rate of assists in the premier league

Top 10 Assist Rates in Premier League History

1. David Beckham 0.57 (152 assists)

2. Thierry Henry 0.56 (144 assists)

3. Francesc Fabregas 0.55 (115 assists)

4. Eric Cantona 0.51 (81 assists)

5. Dennis Bergkamp 0.46 (147 assists)

6. Ryan Giggs 0.46 (263 assists)

7. Paolo Di Canio 0.45 (87 assists)

- Ashley Young 0.45 (76 assists)

9. Mikel Arteta 0.43 (72 assists)

10. Robert Pires 0.42 (78 assists)

Hatake
22-3-11, 20:01
Impressive. :eek:

Klopportunity
22-3-11, 20:04
As of the 25/2/2011 these stats show Ashley young as having the 8th highest rate of assists in the premier league

1. David Beckham – 0.57 (152 assists)

2. Thierry Henry – 0.56 (144 assists)

3. Francesc Fabregas – 0.55 (115 assists)

4. Eric Cantona – 0.51 (81 assists)

5. Dennis Bergkamp – 0.46 (147 assists)

6. Ryan Giggs – 0.46 (263 assists)

7. Paolo Di Canio – 0.45 (87 assists)

- Ashley Young – 0.45 (76 assists)

9. Mikel Arteta – 0.43 (72 assists)

10. Robert Pires – 0.42 (78 assists)

Three of them to have done that in the teams they were in is very impressive.

lauriantero
22-3-11, 20:28
Where did you get that from? I know Henry gave a lot of assits, but I very much doubt that figure. According his wikipage he had 174 goals and 77 assists in 254 league games for Arsenal. Which in itself is very impressive.

Graggster
22-3-11, 20:50

1. David Beckham 0.57 (152 assists)

2. Thierry Henry 0.56 (144 assists)

3. Francesc Fabregas 0.55 (115 assists)

4. Eric Cantona 0.51 (81 assists)

5. Dennis Bergkamp 0.46 (147 assists)

6. Ryan Giggs 0.46 (263 assists)

7. Paolo Di Canio 0.45 (87 assists)

- Ashley Young 0.45 (76 assists)

9. Mikel Arteta 0.43 (72 assists)

10. Robert Pires 0.42 (78 assists)

thats some stat for giggs:eek:

LordJamieOfCarragher
22-3-11, 20:54
According to the official Premier League website (http://www.premierleague.com/page/Statistics/0,,12306,00.html) here are the top 10 assisters in PL history

1 Ryan Giggs 96

2 Frank Lampard 84

3 Francesc Fabregas 76

4 Steven Gerrard 76

5 Thierry Henry 67

6 Wayne Rooney 67

7 Didier Drogba 53

8 Steed Malbranque 53

9 Nicolas Anelka 52

10 Gareth Barry 51

Liverdinner
22-3-11, 20:56
According to the official Premier League website (http://www.premierleague.com/page/Statistics/0,,12306,00.html) here are the top 10 assisters in PL history

1 Ryan Giggs 96

2 Frank Lampard 84

3 Francesc Fabregas 76

4 Steven Gerrard 76

5 Thierry Henry 67

6 Wayne Rooney 67

7 Didier Drogba 53

8 Steed Malbranque 53

9 Nicolas Anelka 52

10 Gareth Barry 51

:D

LordJamieOfCarragher
22-3-11, 20:57
:D

Ashley Young is 11th! ;)

Graggster
22-3-11, 20:57

1 Ryan Giggs 96

2 Frank Lampard 84

3 Francesc Fabregas 76

4 Steven Gerrard 76

5 Thierry Henry 67

6 Wayne Rooney 67

7 Didier Drogba 53

8 Steed Malbranque 53

9 Nicolas Anelka 52

10 Gareth Barry 51

fair play to Fab to be 3rd at his age.. if he stays in the prem he will catch giggs in 18 months.

Liverdinner
22-3-11, 21:00
Ashley Young is 11th! ;)

I was just laughing at the huge difference in the list to be honest and the bluntness of your post.

Assists as a stat don't really mean too much to me.

LordJamieOfCarragher
22-3-11, 21:02
I was just laughing at the huge difference in the list to be honest and the bluntness of your post.

Blunt?

Me?

Never!!

Liverdinner
22-3-11, 21:05
Blunt?

Me?

Never!!

Okay.

;)

Graggster
22-3-11, 21:05

when talking about wide players the assit stat is probably the most important:confused:

Liverdinner
22-3-11, 21:09
when talking about wide players the assit stat is probably the most important:confused:

Not really. Football isnt about just crossing it in to the big man so much anymore; though that was Young's role at Villa.

Best wide midfielders; Ribery, Robben Malouda etc

Not based on some stat that somebody decides.

Graggster
22-3-11, 21:11
Not really. Football isnt about just crossing it in to the big man so much anymore; though that was Young's role at Villa.

Best wide midfielders; Ribery, Robben Malouda etc

Not based on some stat that somebody decides.

we are looking for wide players to get the best out of carrol.. its very important:confused:

Liverdinner
22-3-11, 21:12
wqe are looking for wide players to get the best out of carrol.. its very important:confused:

If we turn into a cross it in for the big man team, I ll be gutted. The best teams in the world do not play like that.

JustBlaze
22-3-11, 21:12

1 Ryan Giggs 96

2 Frank Lampard 84

3 Francesc Fabregas 76

4 Steven Gerrard 76

5 Thierry Henry 67

6 Wayne Rooney 67

7 Didier Drogba 53

8 Steed Malbranque 53

9 Nicolas Anelka 52

10 Gareth Barry 51

Interestingly, Leighton Baines is the highest placed defender on that list.

Graggster
22-3-11, 21:14
If we turn into a cross it in for the big man team, I ll be gutted. The best teams in the world do not play like that.

what the point of getting quality wide man if they get to the by line and cant whip in a good cross

youre having a mare here

having soimebody who can put in cross is very important with or with out Carrol.. carrol is a huge bonus.

Liverdinner
22-3-11, 21:17
what the point of getting quality wide man if they get to the by line and cant whip in a good cross

youre having a mare here

having soimebody who can put in cross is very important with or with out Carrol.. carrol is a huge bonus.

Do Robben and RIbery do that?

Such an old fashioned system to have a big man and a guy whipping in crosses.

jax21
22-3-11, 21:19

It's not about JUST crossing it in to the big man, it's about having more than just 1 dimension to your play, if wecan get wingers that can not only cross but take on a player and beat him, defenders will have a nightmare, should they go and press or stay and try and mark Carrol.

Graggster
22-3-11, 21:19
Do Robben and RIbery do that?

Such an old fashioned system to have a big man and a guy whipping in crosses.

what aload of rubbish

so carrol was a complete waste of money.. lets just get players who can get the ball to his feet

dalglish will mix it up and Carrol is part of that mix

Liverdinner
22-3-11, 21:20
It's not about JUST crossing it in to the big man, it's about having more than just 1 dimension to your play, if wecan get wingers that can not only cross but take on a player and beat him, defenders will have a nightmare, should they go and press or stay and try and mark Carrol.

Ashley Young is not good at beating a man though. Because he is averagely quick, people are fooled into to seeing him as some skilful dribbler.

KRegg
22-3-11, 21:21
we're not going to get Ribery and Robben mate, but for example the likes of Nani and Valencia get wide all the time and play a lot of crosses in the box.

I don't think Kenny will allow us to become a team that only lumps it out wide and then into the box, but having that option will stretch the field considerably and give more room for Suarez, Gerrard, Meireles and the others to operate in the center. It's just about providing balance IMO.

L1verFC
If you read it properly it's not the amount of assists it's the assists to games ratio

Graggster

spot on

Liverdinner
22-3-11, 21:22
what aload of rubbish

so carrol was a complete waste of money.. lets just get players who can get the ball to his feet

dalglish will mix it up and Carrol is part of that mix

A load of rubbish because?

Answer the question. Do the two best widemen in the world arguably just put balls into the box?

i dont know. If we become a team with simple widemen who just put in crosses then yes he probably was.

Graggster
22-3-11, 21:27
A load of rubbish because?

Answer the question. Do the two best widemen in the world arguably just put balls into the box?

i dont know. If we become a team with simple widemen who just put in crosses then yes he probably was.

no the best wide men have the ability to put in across and if carrol was in the team they would do exactly that...chelsea used the advantage of drogba in the box getting crosses so why shouldnt we

the point your missing is...Its about having a team that can mix it up and add different dimensions.. if your expecting us to play like barce over night then youre living in a dream world

carroll is another option.. not the be and all

So by what youve said so far what saying is carrol was not a good buy?

Liverdinner
22-3-11, 21:29
no the best wide men have the ability to put in across and if carrol was in the team they would do exactly that...chelsea used the advantage of drogba in the box getting crosses so why shouldnt we

the point your missing is...Its about having a team that can mix it up and add different dimensions.. if your expecting us to play like barce over night then youre living in a dream world

carroll is another option.. not the be and all

So by what youve said so far what saying is carrol was not a good buy?

Chelsea's only wideman is Malouda and he doesnt cross much. Quite ironic that you listed them.

The point you are missing is that Ashley Young is a fairly one dimensional player; put a good ball in like a faster Bentley.

And if we sign Young to cross for him then no he wasnt.

LordJamieOfCarragher
22-3-11, 21:31
If you read it properly it's not the amount of assists it's the assists to games ratio

Where have you got this from?

Gazza74
22-3-11, 21:32
I'd take Ashley Young, yes, i think he's stagnated at Villa and a move here, under Kenny in particular, could see him go onto another level.

On the point about wingers and Carroll, it doesn't necessarily have to be the wingers that put the crosses in and it's not so much we need wingers to do that, we just need pace and skill from wide areas to add another dimension to our attacks.

If they put crosses in to, sound, but in truth, the crosses, being one part of what Carroll will need to score could come from full backs, or even centre mids drifting out to wide areas, even the likes of Luis Suarez etc etc.

We don't necessarily have to get wingers who are crossers of the ball only to get the best out of Andy, Newcastle's supplier was Joey Barton, he was the one who put the crosses in for him to score a lot of his headed goals.

We just need more pace and skill from wide areas as much as anything else, more threat, and Young would give us that and if he puts crosses in aswell, bonus.

SUPERLFCMANFORUMHERO
22-3-11, 21:36

not when he has 12 months left on his contract.

Graggster
22-3-11, 21:37
Chelsea's only wideman is Malouda and he doesnt cross much. Quite ironic that you listed them.

The point you are missing is that Ashley Young is a fairly one dimensional player; put a good ball in like a faster Bentley.

We need that type of player...

tell you what i'll get back to you next season after weve signed a onedimential widemen who can put in a cross after some good football out wide and carrrol finds the back of the net

you are having mare.. cant be arsed with this one

one of the most one dimensial wide players in the prem is Valencia... boy did rooney make the most of that last season

Liverdinner
22-3-11, 21:39
We need that type of player...

tell you what i'll get back to you next season after weve signed a onedimential widemen who can put in a cross after some good football out wide and carrrol finds the back of the net

you are having mare.. cant be arsed with this one

one of the most one dimensial wide players in the prem is Valencia... boy did rooney make the most of that last season

You keep saying im having a mare but offer nothing to the contrary of my point except saying we need somebody who can cross.

When clearly the best teams dont play with such one dimensional players. Valencia doesnt play anymore and the more skillful versatile Nani plays.

JustBlaze
22-3-11, 21:41
Valencia's been injured for 6 months.

Graggster
22-3-11, 21:43
I'd take Ashley Young, yes, i think he's stagnated at Villa and a move here, under Kenny in particular, could see him go onto another level.

On the point about wingers and Carroll, it doesn't necessarily have to be the wingers that put the crosses in and it's not so much we need wingers to do that, we just need pace and skill from wide areas to add another dimension to our attacks.

If they put crosses in to, sound, but in truth, the crosses, being one part of what Carroll will need to score could come from full backs, or even centre mids drifting out to wide areas, even the likes of Luis Suarez etc etc.

We don't necessarily have to get wingers who are crossers of the ball only to get the best out of Andy, Newcastle's supplier was Joey Barton, he was the one who put the crosses in for him to score a lot of his headed goals.

We just need more pace and skill from wide areas as much as anything else, more threat, and Young would give us that and if he puts crosses in aswell, bonus.

I agree yet barton has been playing lot on the wide right this season..

At the end of the day we need quality widemen who can get into the final 3rd quick and whip in a good crosses.. whether thats fullbacks or attackers.

putting in good crosses from out wide is good for all teams.. with or wothout carrol.

Graggster
22-3-11, 21:47
You keep saying im having a mare but offer nothing to the contrary of my point except saying we need somebody who can cross.

When clearly the best teams dont play with such one dimensional players. Valencia doesnt play anymore and the more skillful versatile Nani plays.

valencia has been injured since almost the start of the season..

he will back in that team in no time, infact hes only just got back and all ready making appearnaces

Ferguson will be thrilled hes back and make the most out his one dimensional style down the that right in the run in..

Gazza74
22-3-11, 21:49
I agree yet barton has been playing lot on the wide right this season..

At the end of the day we need quality widemen who can get into the final 3rd quick and whip in a good crosses.. whether thats fullbacks or attackers.

putting in good crosses from out wide is good for all teams.. with or wothout carrol.

Yeh, i know about Barton, that's what i meant, they have a couple of wingers, but it's been a central midfielder playing out wide that's given Carroll the best service.

From the left, it was Enrique who was putting the best from over there aswell, despite them having wingers in their squad.

I'm sure we'll get a proper winger who will play one side and be the one who put's crosses in, but, once everything is together for next season, it wouldn't surprise me if the crosses are put in by a lot of different players.

Kenny will get it all working through the summer as the squad and team takes shape for the new season.

Graggster
22-3-11, 21:51
Yeh, i know about Barton, that's what i meant, they have a couple of wingers, but it's been a central midfielder playing out wide that's given Carroll the best service.

From the left, it was Enrique who was putting the best from over there aswell, despite them having wingers in their squad.

I'm sure we'll get a proper winger who will play one side and be the one who put's crosses in, but, once everything is together for next season, it wouldn't surprise me if the crosses are put in by a lot of different players.

Kenny will get it all working through the summer as the squad and team takes shape for the new season.

I agree

jax21
22-3-11, 21:52
Ashley Young is not good at beating a man though. Because he is averagely quick, people are fooled into to seeing him as some skilful dribbler.

I'm not pro Ashley young. I was on here saying we should go for him when he was playing well at Watford 10m seemed like it could have been a bargain, it would have and still would improve our side but I'm hoping for a little better, like hazard or Sanchez.

They can do both, take on their man, cross or score, but young would def improve our squad, he's had a good season and playing with better players he'd certainly get more room to play.

Liverdinner
22-3-11, 21:54
valencia has been injured since almost the start of the season..

he will back in that team in no time, infact hes only just got back and all ready making appearnaces

Ferguson will be thrilled hes back and make the most out his one dimensional style down the that right in the run in..

Yep and look how they did without him.

Valencia can beat a man anyway.

I'm not pro Ashley young. I was on here saying we should go for him when he was playing well at Watford 10m seemed like it could have been a bargain, it would have and still would improve our side but I'm hoping for a little better, like hazard or Sanchez.

They can do both, take on their man, cross or score, but young would def improve our squad, he's had a good season and suing with better players he'd certainly get more room to play.

Im also hoping for better. For me, I want a player who can beat a man and has that intelligence and skill that marks a top player. Young cant really beat a man and isnt intelligent.

Graggster
22-3-11, 21:57
Yep and look how they did without him.

Valencia can beat a man anyway.

Im also hoping for better. For me, I want a player who can beat a man and has that intelligence and skill that marks a top player. Young cant really beat a man and isnt intelligent.

i think this one could come back to haunt you:)

Craig456
22-3-11, 21:59
I think it's gunna come down to what is the players preference of club. Around 15mill should bag him and then it will be up to him.

Liverdinner
22-3-11, 21:59
i think this one could come back to haunt you:)

Nah ive thought the same about him for ages. Players who i think will be really good generally turn out to be. Only really Martin Kelly has surprised me recently and another whom I cant remember the name of.

Graggster
22-3-11, 22:01
I think it's gunna come down to what is the players preference of club. Around 15mill should bag him and then it will be up to him.

I agree.. hopefully that preference is where he stands the best chance of playing the most football aswell as winning trophies of course.

naturalskill
22-3-11, 22:03
Young is not the best dribbler but I think his ability to carry the ball at pace together with good delivery are qualities our team is crying out for.

4thKit
20-4-12, 14:58
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17770220

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bh4fGu7oPPY

No.

jamiechloe
20-4-12, 16:04
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17770220

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bh4fGu7oPPY

No.

His form has been way better thsn anything we've had so yes

WindyShepherdHenderson
20-4-12, 16:08

If this wasn't the poster formerly known as CharlieAdam I'd laugh. As it is, it's just expected.

MagicPhil
20-4-12, 16:11
His form has been way better thsn anything we've had so yes
Can't say I disaggree with thius, his goals and even his dives (yes I went there) could have given us a few more much needed point's this season.

RedRob67
20-4-12, 17:06
Can't say I disaggree with thius, his goals and even his dives (yes I went there) could have given us a few more much needed point's this season.

yea .. but I would rather win feeling like I did , and not through conning , loads do it AC LS for sure dont make it right and being as old school as I am dont rub with me .

and he is a arrogant git with bandy legs , suits scums down to the ground

CharlieManson
20-4-12, 17:10
I'd take Freddie Kanoute for 5m

Klopportunity
20-4-12, 19:50
Very very disappointed to see the sniper wasn't real and the red on the pitch was only their shirts.