PDA

View Full Version : Andre Villa Boas denies link to liverpool job(p12)

Pages : [1] 2

Holmesy83
10-4-11, 19:39
RBuxton_LFC Richard Buxton
Intrigued to hear @Marcotti's take on Gazetto dello Sport's claim that Andre Villas-Boas has signed a pre-contract agreement with #LFC.

so Gazetto dello Sport are claiming a pre contract is in place for him to take over,

Mapeke
10-4-11, 19:39
Italian newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport are claiming that Villas-Boas has signed a pre-contract agreement to become Liverpool manager, after the Porto manager told Roma he could not become their manager because he was going to LFC.

Intrigued to hear @Marcotti's take on Gazetto dello Sport's claim that Andre Villas-Boas has signed a pre-contract agreement with #LFC.

La Gazzetta Dello Sport reports that the coach of Porto, Andre Villas Boas, met Franco Baldini (Roma) and told him he had a pre-agreement with Liverpool . The Portuguese 33-year-old has made ​​no secret either that Mourinho told him it was too early for him to go to Italy.

Carlton Facepalmer
10-4-11, 19:40
WOW!!! :eek:

old-school
Hmmmm (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_hKJ-8nxCZNE/TRqht5eihYI/AAAAAAAABnk/3wKOLIeuxdA/s1600/not%2Binterested.jpg)

FIOS
Interesting stuff.

I'm actually excited about the prospect of him being given the funds and the time to build side with us.

Scrams
10-4-11, 19:41
http://daily-soccer-buzz.blogspot.com/2011/04/villas-boas-for-pre-agreement-with.html

http://www.youfootball.info/portugal-villas-boas-towards-liverpool/

The rumours are circulating.

RogerHuntelaar
10-4-11, 19:42
Does anybody even know if Kenny wants to take the job permanently?

I would welcome Villas Boas with open arms, anyway.

No Angel
very interesting

SweetSilverSeven
OH MY GOD!!! :eek:

I think he's a fantastic young manager, but i want kenny to stay!!! :(

:crying

shody1976
10-4-11, 19:44

so Gazetto dello Sport are claiming a pre contract is in place for him to take over,

********. How the **** would some Italian newspaper know anything about it? Rubbish.

PrinceOfSwing
:(

Where has all the love for Kenny gone? We should be against this.

redhoops
name one great manager to EVER come from porto?!?!!!

ridiculous

phuzz
10-4-11, 19:45
It's a joke if Kenny doesn't get the job. 100% against this.

bondred
Interesting, any quotes or just paper talk?

ToTaLxTc

ridiculous

:D

bondred
10-4-11, 19:46

I'm not biting on that one

ToTaLxTc
10-4-11, 19:46
********. How the **** would some Italian newspaper know anything about it? Rubbish.

Because the likes of Roma, Juve and possibly Inter too might be looking for new managers at the end of the season?

LordJamieOfCarragher
10-4-11, 19:47
A pinch of salt is required with this I reckon.

shody1976
:(

Where has all the love for Kenny gone? We should be against this.

Totally against it mate. Villa-Boas is a fantastic young manager, but we have the right man in place to take the club forward. There's all too many people questioning and criticising Kenny at the minute on baseless grounds.

PrinceOfSwing

seriously hope so

Mapeke
Don't let Gazza see this thread, he'll be preparing a footstool and noose.

Holmesy83
10-4-11, 19:48

the gazetto report says Franco Baldini met with Boas to discuss him taking over at Roma and he said he cant due to a agreement in place with Liverpool,

and this is why an Italian newspaper claims to know

GeorgeLFC
Hmmm...Interesting.

redhoops
I'm not biting on that one

got negged tho:IN:

hey ho.

back to the golf:D

shody1976

Try a bucket of salt.

Mapeke
10-4-11, 19:50
If they were reporting that Sanchez was going to sign for us then you'd all be taking it as gospel. Hypocrites.

Scrams
10-4-11, 19:51
Interesting rumours, but I cant (dont want to) see anybody other than Kenny getting the job.

shody1976
the gazetto report says Franco Baldini met with Boas to discuss him taking over at Roma and he said he cant due to a agreement in place with Liverpool,

and this is why an Italian newspaper claims to know

Thankyou for clarifying that.

I still reckon it's ******** though.

ToTaLxTc
got negged tho:IN:

hey ho.

back to the golf:D

Repped for being a cry-baby :p

old-school
That would be a ******* disgrace if we don't give Kenny the full time role for some foreign nobody who's managing in a weak league.

This is ************ if it's true, this ******* club has finally found it's soul once more and we're still running after some foreigner to make LFC great once more when the other 2 were given 12 years+ between them and failed miserably.

Give Kenny a few years to put together his own side, Houllier and Rafa were given time and they didn't bring 1 premiership title between the pair of them so I don't understand why we're looking at some next guy

SweetSilverSeven

I hope so but i get the feeling that it's true!!
Maybe it's more because of the excuse that some of the italian clubs were in for him and thats how they know!!!!

But like i said he is a fantastic manager and wouldn't have minded him when roy was herer and we wanted to replace him - but i think he felt that he wasn't ready!!!

But i really want KK to stay!!

Fleems
Probably rubbish. And before people start getting all worked up, isn't it possible that Kenny doesn't want the job, recommended him, and sees him as the future?

I think everyone also needs to slow down, it looks as if Marcotti has not mentioned this at all, and apparently there is nothing about it on the gazetta dello sport website.

CrawleyRed
10-4-11, 19:52
Hmm, Marcotti is usually quite reliable, but will also take a salt pinching with this. Can't see why the owners would be mentioning talks with Kenny regarding a contract if an agreement was already in place with AVB.

Having said that, IF Kenny were to be overlooked again :crying then Villas-Boas would be high on my list of others.

shody1976
10-4-11, 19:53
If they were reporting that Sanchez was going to sign for us then you'd all be taking it as gospel. Hypocrites.

Why? Most people put the phrase 'If this is true' before making further comment on those kinds of speculation? Why are you so angry all the time? Relax!

50P-WSTB-Head
10-4-11, 19:54
Interesting, tho I wouldn't read to much in to it.

Liverdinner
If true, I am a bit ambivalent.

I want to see what Kenny can do with funds and time, and ive been told he is a superb manager.

But I wouldnt mind seeing what all the hype about this guy is.

SweetSilverSeven
Hmm, Marcotti is usually quite reliable, but will also take a salt pinching with this. Can't see why the owners would be mentioning talks with Kenny regarding a contract if an agreement was already in place with AVB.

Having said that, IF Kenny were to be overlooked again :crying then Villas-Boas would be high on my list of others.

Agree with this exactly!!
But i want KK to stay!!

Schweini
10-4-11, 19:55
That would be a ******* disgrace if we don't give Kenny the full time role for some foreign nobody who's managing in a weak league.

This is ************ if it's true, this ******* club has finally found it's soul once more and we're still running after some foreigner to make LFC great once more when the other 2 were given 12 years+ between them and failed miserably.

Give Kenny a few years to put together his own side, Houllier and Rafa were given time and they didn't bring 1 premiership title between the pair of them so I don't understand why we're looking at some next guy

He is not a foreign no body.

We all love Kenny, but it doesn't mean dismissing fantastic achievements of one of the (if not the best) up and coming young manager in the game.

anyways, it's just speculation, will be interesting to see how it pans out in the end

-FidelCastro-
Whats his management style like?

I-SEE-red-PEOPLE
He looks a good manager but I want Kenny to stay. I think this is a nonsense story anyway. If we were not to go with Kenny I would like Villa Boas but he's second to the king in my eyes. Risky move not giving Kenny the job by the owners if it was true, which i dont believe it is.

Has clarke worked with him before when he was with Maureen.

SweetSilverSeven
If true, I am a bit ambivalent.

I want to see what Kenny can do with funds and time, and ive been told he is a superb manager.

But I wouldnt mind seeing what all the hype about this guy is.

I so get what you're talking about!!

bondred
10-4-11, 19:56
I guess that's a no for quote's then, I put it down to paper talk, and given that most papers talk absolute garbage.....

ToTaLxTc
10-4-11, 19:56
Interesting, tho I wouldn't read to much in to it.

I have put 2 and 2 together and, in light of this morning's announcement, have concluded that Kenny wants the Bayern job. The owners have moved quickly to secure AVB to a pre-contract agreement before the race for his signature hots up in the usual summer managerial merry-go-round.

Roy Hodgson will be taking over team affairs until the end of the season.

old-school
10-4-11, 19:57
Probably rubbish. And before people start getting all worked up, isn't it possible that Kenny doesn't want the job, recommended him, and sees him as the future?

Come off it mate, that's the dumbest thing Iv'e read all week, Kenny is in love with managing this club and he wants to take us back to where we belong.

Kenny wants the job and he aint recommending **** if you can't see that then you should seek some help

Holmesy83
10-4-11, 19:59
Whats his management style like?

methodical, id say like rafa in many ways, but the rafa of the 4-0 win against real madrid, he likes attacking football, but he identifies everything that the opponent does and sets his team out to defeat them, he doesnt have 1 strategy he uses different to beat whatever opponent he is up against

SweetSilverSeven
10-4-11, 19:59
He looks a good manager but I want Kenny to stay. I think this is a nonsense story anyway. If we were not to go with Kenny I would like Villa Boas but he's second to the king in my eyes. Risky move not giving Kenny the job by the owners if it was true, which i dont believe it is.

Has clarke worked with him before when he was with Maureen.

YES HE DID!! :eek:
The story gets fishier by the moment!!

old-school
10-4-11, 20:00
He is not a foreign no body.

We all love Kenny, but it doesn't mean dismissing fantastic achievements of one of the (if not the best) up and coming young manager in the game.

anyways, it's just speculation, will be interesting to see how it pans out in the end

I don't give a rats arse if he's a Star Wars Intergalactic war Hero and he defeated the ******* Death Star, he's a nobody in my eyes unless he moves to a big league, seriously it would be an utter disgrace if he's given the job ahead of Kenny

RogerHuntelaar
10-4-11, 20:01
I don't give a rats arse if he's a Star Wars Intergalactic war Hero and he defeated the ******* Death Star, he's a nobody in my eyes and if would be a disgrace if he's given the job ahead of Kenny

I wouldn't want Luke either. No experience at all.

CrawleyRed
Just to give any not aware what AVB has done at Porto this season an insight into why he's touted as a future Mourinho, these are Porto's league stats.

Position: 1st
Played 25
Home wins: 13
Home draws: 0
Home losses: 0
Home goals for: 37
Home goals against: 6
Away wins: 10
Away draws: 2
Away losses: 0
Away goals for: 21
Away goals against: 3

Mike-91
Andrew_Heaton Andy Heaton
Villas Boas "Firstly, I have a pre-agreement with Liverpool" http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Farchiviostorico.gazzetta.it%2F2011% 2Faprile%2F09%2FRoma_chi_Villas_Boas_dice_ga_10_11 0409026.shtml

ToTaLxTc
I don't give a rats arse if he's a Star Wars Intergalactic war Hero and he defeated the ******* Death Star, he's a nobody in my eyes and if would be a disgrace if he's given the job ahead of Kenny

You know what this calls for...

A PETITION!!!!

Fleems
Come off it mate, that's the dumbest thing Iv'e read all week, Kenny is in love with managing this club and he wants to take us back to where we belong.

Kenny wants the job and he aint recommending **** if you can't see that then you should seek some help

No need for that at all, was there? None of us know what is going on, and I said it was a possibility, not saying its the truth.

DominusLesus
10-4-11, 20:02
It's a type of move the club should have made after Rafa.

If this is true it's fantastic news, he is a manager that has a very modern idea of football and has been tutored by the best in the game at present.

The Gazzeta can be extremely accurate for the most part, its very interesting news regardless.

S-H-S
10-4-11, 20:02
In Mourinho's last season with Porto, he averaged 2.41 points per game and lost 2 games.

So far this year, AVB is averaging 2.84 points per game and is undefeted with 5 games remaining.

By-Lallanas-Beard
10-4-11, 20:03
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_SHmZacFf7Bw/TNckXtJjCCI/AAAAAAAADcI/IFn3ateLlmM/s1600/ANDRE_Villas_boas_news352_grande.jpg

everything about him screams mourinho in that pic. same hairstyle, same dress sense and even the stare is uncanny.:IN:

RogerHuntelaar
10-4-11, 20:04
No need for that at all, was there? None of us know what is going on, and I said it was a possibility, not saying its the truth.

I agree, it was a complete overreaction.

old-school
10-4-11, 20:04
Sorry guys I'm really (http://passionfire.com/networkmarketingnews/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/angry_2.jpg)

SweetSilverSeven
10-4-11, 20:05
Just to give any not aware what AVB has done at Porto this season an insight into why he's touted as a future Mourinho, these are Porto's league stats.

Position: 1st
Played 25
Home wins: 13
Home draws: 0
Home losses: 0
Home goals for: 37
Home goals against: 6
Away wins: 10
Away draws: 2
Away losses: 0
Away goals for: 21
Away goals against: 3

WOOWWWW!!!
I do like this guy, and like what i hear about him, and if KK isn't given the job, then i'd want this guy!!

I don't know!! :(

bondred
10-4-11, 20:05
It's a type of move the club should have made after Rafa.

If this is true it's fantastic news, he is a manager that has a very modern idea of football and has been tutored by the best in the game at present.

The Gazzeta can be extremely accurate for the most part, its very interesting news regardless.

'much of the journalism is speculative and sensationalist rather than the pure reporting'

This is how the Gazzetta is perceived

Redhead
10-4-11, 20:06
I wouldn't believe anything until we hear it from the horses mouth so to speak. Part of our new owners concept is to respect the Liverpool way where things are dealt with in house. Unfortunately this give the pond weed of the football world (ie: the agents) licence to say what they like, thinking we will neither confirm or deny it.

In my opinion this is an agent engineered ploy to generate more money for their client, disgusting to the core. But suppose that is modern day football in a way

shody1976
Andrew_Heaton Andy Heaton
Villas Boas "Firstly, I have a pre-agreement with Liverpool" http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Farchiviostorico.gazzetta.it%2F2011% 2Faprile%2F09%2FRoma_chi_Villas_Boas_dice_ga_10_11 0409026.shtml

No offence Mike!

redhoops
In Mourinho's last season with Porto, he averaged 2.41 points per game and lost 2 games.

So far this year, AVB is averaging 2.84 points per game and is undefeted with 5 games remaining.

wegner went unbeaten once...

mourinho a one off.portugesse managers cant automatically mean the next great thing?

yes he is doing a great job,jose comparisions , not relevent if think.

phuzz
I don't want this guy no matter what. Absolute disgrace if Kenny doesn't get the job, and it'll turn me right off football in general.

RogerHuntelaar
10-4-11, 20:07
WOOWWWW!!!
I do like this guy, and like what i hear about him, and if KK isn't given the job, then i'd want this guy!!

I don't know!! :(

Me too. Plus the new Yanks love stats, so I'm sure they are interested in him.
Plus he's from the Mourinho school.

Carlton Facepalmer
Just spoke to a LFC legend in a certain pub in Halewood. He knows nothing of this.

(But why would he?? :FP: )

domino
My man in the inside informed me we wanted Boas many months ago, and I did post it on here.

we are 100% genuinely interested in this man.

SweetSilverSeven
10-4-11, 20:08
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_SHmZacFf7Bw/TNckXtJjCCI/AAAAAAAADcI/IFn3ateLlmM/s1600/ANDRE_Villas_boas_news352_grande.jpg

everything about him screams mourinho in that pic. same hairstyle, same dress sense and even the stare is uncanny.:IN:

I know!!
And just like Mourinhio he's handsome too!! :FL:

bondred
10-4-11, 20:08
My man in the inside informed me we wanted Boas many months ago, and I did post it on here.

Not much of a revelation, who wouldn't be 'interested' in him, doesn't mean it's a viable option.

Mike-91
10-4-11, 20:09

I wouldn't bet against, it's funny how they still have not given Kenny the job yet.

Something is in this.

GeorgeLFC
10-4-11, 20:09
People need to relax and not burn their blood on one tweet from somebody. It may just be a publicity stunt. I didn't know who Gazetta dello sport was until this thread. Now I do, that's how publicity works.

Yehez
10-4-11, 20:10
Why do all liverpool fans believe every change will end the world?

If yank boys want Boas, then Boas it is. It's as if Dowie is lined up or something

bondred
10-4-11, 20:10
People need to relax and not burn their blood on one tweet from somebody. It may just be a publicity stunt. I didn't know who Gazetta dello sport was until this thread. Now I do, that's how publicity works.

And if you do a quick search on the paper, you will find it's a sensationalist paper.

RogerHuntelaar
10-4-11, 20:11

It's a well known Italian newspaper, mate.

Don't know if they are prone to chat crap though.

ToTaLxTc
10-4-11, 20:12

:eek: Wow! I thought everyone knew about the newspaper Paul Gascoigne co-founded during his spell in Serie A with Lazio?

-CADS-

Yes of course he's done phenomenally well but why do you think this success would necessarily translate to us? I am aware that he is more widely travelled than some people are aware of - due to him being Mourinho's protege at Chelsea, Porto and Inter. I would rather us give Kenny a two year contract and see what he can do with the role. I am confident that he will succeed.

RogerHuntelaar
And if you do a quick search on the paper, you will find it's a sensationalist paper.

If only an English newspaper would report it. :rolleyes:

Mike-91
I wonder if this will reach the Suarez thread in posts.:PN:

RogerHuntelaar
I wonder if this will reach the Suarez threrad in posts.:PN:

This forum needs a new Suarez thread.

bondred
If only an English newspaper would report it. :rolleyes:

They are the worst!

Mike-91
10-4-11, 20:13

It does, it's very boring around here now.

ToTaLxTc
10-4-11, 20:14
I'm not going to believe this until it's confirmed by Metro.

domino

You never heard of Gazetto Dello Sport?

You must have been living with your head up your arse then.

Also Marcotti, who you;ve also probably never heard of, is a very very well informed respected journalist.

By-Lallanas-Beard
They are the worst!

the cricket world cup has confirmed the indian media is by far the worst

however, this news does not bother me too much.

the man seems a winner and can be here for the long haul...so why not.

shody1976
I wonder if this will reach the Suarez thread in posts.:PN:

Possibly. One things for sure, there's going to be some seriously passionate debate in this thread, so i apologise in advance if I offend anyone.

Gazza74
10-4-11, 20:15
Don't let Gazza see this thread, he'll be preparing a footstool and noose.

Not at all, i have said i haven't got a problem if FSG go with their own choice as manager and Villas Boas is at least a very interesting, exciting and intriguing manager who likes his teams to play good, attractive, attacking football.

However, it'll be a massive risk for FSG to ignore giving Kenny at least a go at it and going for a relatively unproven, though talented young manager like Villas Boas.

But, if it comes off, i guess the long term future would be secure as Villas Boas could be here for a very long time should he wish to build a dynasty at a massive club.

I still want Kenny to get a shot, but of all the foreign managers we are linked to, Villas Boas would soften the blow due to the type of football he likes and that he is already a winner and would bring excitement.

Probably a load of rubbish but we'll just have to wait and see.

Mike-91
10-4-11, 20:16
Possibly. One things for sure, there's going to be some seriously passionate debate in this thread, so i apologise in advance if I offend anyone.

Get Lizboy in here, and it will reach 18 pages before 12am tonight.

RogerHuntelaar
10-4-11, 20:16
I hope he brings Hulk with him.

Carlton Facepalmer
10-4-11, 20:17
I wonder if there is any mileage in the rumour about Maureen, perhaps the canary jumped to a conclusion about our heirarchy being in talks with a portuguese manager???

RogerHuntelaar
Get Lizboy in here, and it will reach 18 pages before 12am tonight.

Indeed this thread needs Liz as much as this forum needs a Suarez thread. :D

S-H-S
Yes of course he's done phenomenally well but why do you think this success would necessarily translate to us? I am aware that he is more widely travelled than some people are aware of - due to him being Mourinho's protege at Chelsea, Porto and Inter. I would rather us give Kenny a two year contract and see what he can do with the role. I am confident that he will succeed.

His background and the people he has worked with is a good sign for me. Also, there is no reason why it shouldn't translate to us, it is an amazing record.

Mullerbugs
10-4-11, 20:18
Be a ballsy move thats for sure, 33 and with no top flight football experience, not to say it cant work as anything is possible Wenger and Benitez proved that.

Still think Kenny is the man but if we're thinking long term then maybe someone like this needs to be an option.

shody1976

Believe. In no other thread could you get away with discussions on waffles, norks and sing-alongs to cheesy 80's power ballads. Absolutely brilliant.

Fleems
I'm not going to believe this until it's confirmed by Metro.

With quotes from The People.

Liverdinner
10-4-11, 20:19
wegner went unbeaten once...

mourinho a one off.portugesse managers cant automatically mean the next great thing?

yes he is doing a great job,jose comparisions , not relevent if think.

He used to work for Jose and also Robson I think,.

Mike-91
10-4-11, 20:19
Indeed this thread needs Liz as much as this forum needs a Suarez thread. :D

All he need to say is he doesn't think Kenny has done enough, BANG, 18 pages appear.:D

Then 2 days later, say he is sorry and he was wrong.:rolleyes:

ToTaLxTc
10-4-11, 20:20
With quotes from The People.

:scarf

GeorgeLFC
10-4-11, 20:21
You never heard of Gazetto Dello Sport?

You must have been living with your head up your arse then.

Also Marcotti, who you;ve also probably never heard of, is a very very well informed respected journalist.

Relax dude! I am not from Italy, infact I'm from asia so no I have not heard of it. There are things you know and things you don't. If you knew half the things I do your head would explode. So just chill!

If you know more about this story I'm happy to hear it. But it will take more than just one tweet to belive in something.

SweetSilverSeven
10-4-11, 20:21
Be a ballsy move thats for sure, 33 and with no top flight football experience, not to say it cant work as anything is possible Wenger and Benitez proved that.

Still think Kenny is the man but if we're thinking long term then maybe someone like this needs to be an option.

The portuguese league is a very strong league aswell!! It's not as strong as the PL, but it's no shame to wanna manage/play there!!

And benitez did manage at the top level too!! In La liga with valencia???!!!
You can't get too much higher in spain!!

WindyShepherdHenderson
10-4-11, 20:22
he's a nobody in my eyes unless he moves to a big league

Yet you don't want him moving to manage a team in a big league, because he's...never managed a team in a...big league...

Eh?!

Catch-22 at its finest.

Adam.L.F.C
10-4-11, 20:23
Maybe thats the reason steve clarke was bought in january?? Him and villas boas have worked together at chelsea and the new management team at liverpoolfc could be Villas boas and clarke...

I feel a bit down reading and hearing this as king kenny is the king and will always be and he has transformed us enormously and reunited every1.

But villas boas is the best young manager in the world without doubt and is a winner through and through.

Im just so confused and im sure most of us are

WindyShepherdHenderson
10-4-11, 20:24
The Portuguese league is terrible. It's not as if they will have at least two teams in the semi-finals of the Europa League or anyth-

Oh.

Well, it's not as if the weakest Portuguese team left in that competition knocked out Liverpool is it no-

Oh.

bigpepespunch
Owners need to clear this up and let us all know. If they dont this could get very messy.

REDULATE
Yet you don't want him moving to manage a team in a big league, because he's...never managed a team in a...big league...

Eh?!

Catch-22 at its finest.

Exactly, imagine if Chelsea would of thought like that with a certain Mourinho, infact it could be argued Villas Boas is doing a 'better' job than Jose did at Porto, particularly in his first season, were I think their still unbeaten? Still in the Europa and have wrapped up the title already.

-CADS-
10-4-11, 20:25
He used to work for Jose and also Robson I think,.

Yeah Villa Boas has credited Bobby Robson as being more influential than Mourinho in his career. Apparently when he was in his late teens, he was Robson's neighbour when Robson coached Porto and they used to talk about football with each other all the time. Robson was impressed by Villa Boas' knowledge on the game and encouraged him to move into coach and management. He obviously took him up on that recommendation.

RogerHuntelaar
10-4-11, 20:25
The Portuguese league is terrible. It's not as if they will have at least two teams in the semi-finals of the Europa League or anyth-

Oh.

Well, it's not as if the weakest Portuguese team left in that competition knocked out Liverpool is it no-

Oh.

It's the 7th best league in the world, no?

It's a damn good achievement to win the title with the stats that he has. It only confirms that he knows Mou's game very well.

shody1976
10-4-11, 20:26
Villa-Boas is a cracking young manager, but he's no Kenny Dalglish.

SweetSilverSeven
10-4-11, 20:27
Maybe thats the reason steve clarke was bought in january?? Him and villas boas have worked together at chelsea and the new management team at liverpoolfc could be Villas boas and clarke...

I feel a bit down reading and hearing this as king kenny is the king and will always be and he has transformed us enormously and reunited every1.

But villas boas is the best young manager in the world without doubt and is a winner through and through.

Im just so confused and im sure most of us are

I want KK to stay, but it just feels like an opportunity not to miss!!
If we don't get him this summer - we'll probably never get him!!

He's only in his early 30s, and he can build something here and could be a TOTAL legend for us!!

But i want KK to stay!!

I'm really confused!! :(
So maybe it's best to have others who are not emotionally attatched to have the final say!! :(

jamiechloe
10-4-11, 20:28

Im thinking a fist is needed!!!!

REDULATE
10-4-11, 20:29
At the time of Villas-Boas' appointment, Académica were at the bottom of the league and still without wins, but their luck started to change as he introduced a new style, leading them to a safe eleventh place, 10 points clear from relegation. In addition to that, Académica also reached the 2009–10 Portuguese League Cup semi-finals, losing against Porto at Estádio do Dragão with a late goal from Mariano González. His impact at Académica was immediate, not only because of solid results, but also because of the attractive football displayed by the team, which led to intense media speculation linking him with the vacant job at Sporting Clube de Portugal after the departure of Carlos Carvalhal in the summer of 2010.

Now with a win percentage at Porto of 85%

Not gonna lie, I want Kenny before him, like every fan does, but nobody can mock NESV for giving him a thought if it is true, he is an awesome manager.

danm77
No thank you very much.

Give Kenny the job permanently. 4 managers in 12 months would be insane. The fans want it, the players want it, the results have improved, Kenny is PROVEN at this level, and he is Mr Liverpool personified.

Liverdinner
Yeah Villa Boas has credited Bobby Robson as being more influential than Mourinho in his career. Apparently when he was in his late teens, he was Robson's neighbour when Robson coached Porto and they used to talk about football with each other all the time. Robson was impressed by Villa Boas' knowledge on the game and encouraged him to move into coach and management. He obviously took him up on that recommendation.

You are better than Wikipedia :D

Liverdinner
10-4-11, 20:30
Villa-Boas is a cracking young manager, but he's no Kenny Dalglish.

To be fair, i can understand NESV's thinking. Kenny hasnt exactly set the league alight so far with us. SET THE WORLD ALIGHT AS IN WIN EVERY GAME AND PLAY AMAZING FOOTBALL!

SweetSilverSeven
10-4-11, 20:31
Now with a win percentage at Porto of 85%

Not gonna lie, I want Kenny before him, like every fan does, but nobody can mock NESV for giving him a thought if it is true, he is an awesome manager.

Exactly how i'm thinking!!

shody1976
10-4-11, 20:35
To be fair, i can understand NESV's thinking. Kenny hasnt exactly set the league alight so far with us.

Kenny took a team at it's lowest ebb in a long time and dragged them back into the race for 4th. A couple of results went against us, so that's done and dusted, but I'm dismayed at the number of people that slowly seem to be turning against Kenny.

Liverdinner
10-4-11, 20:37
Kenny took a team at it's lowest ebb in a long time and dragged them back into the race for 4th. A couple of results went against us, so that's done and dusted, but I'm dismayed at the number of people that slowly seem to be turning against Kenny.

Is anyone? We are doing okay but nothing special and so they are right to be looking about. We have improved positionally since Roy though our performances are still not great and we have teams catching us up.

He has done decent enough, but avenues need to be explored.

You negged me for that comment? :confused:

SweetSilverSeven
10-4-11, 20:38

But you can't blame FSG for looking at him!!
IF KK doesn't get it, i would love him here!!

But i want KK to stay too!! :confused:

The one thing you'll know about AVB, is that he won't be so down right embarrassing like roy was!! :FP:

cacope22
10-4-11, 20:39
it's best to have others who are not emotionally attatched to have the final say!! :(

This! I think people need to detach themselves from this decision and look at facts only. Yes Kenny is a good manager; he won the league and finally made us bearable to watch this season. However, under him we have played something like 16, won 7, lost 5, drawn 4. Huge improvement from under Hodgson, but not fantastic either.

Villas Boas is 23-0-2 this season in the Portugese league. Not the best league but come on... And in his first season...!

King Kenny will be at the club either way, he's not going anywhere. I feel if we miss out on this will be regretting it big time in a couple years.

XabiGonzo
10-4-11, 20:40
Owners need to clear this up and let us all know. If they dont this could get very messy.

And they will by offering Kenny the job. There is only one man gettinng the Liverpool job and it aint Andre Villa Boas

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_6859562,00.html

Carlton Facepalmer
10-4-11, 20:40
Perhaps the ruthless BUSINESSMEN in charge are not happy with Kenny's results - they have been mixed to be fair, so don't add up too well in the moneyball equation.

shody1976
10-4-11, 20:41
Is anyone? We are doing okay but nothing special and so they are right to be looking about. We have improved positionally since Roy though our performances are still not great and we have teams catching us up.

He has done decent enough, but avenues need to be explored.

You negged me for that comment? :confused:

Didn't neg you at all mate, never would!

But you are beginning to increasingly sound like a lot of other posters at the moment who are doubting Kenny without any real valid reason, other than a few mediocre performances. Kenny should be given the chance to build a team and compete in a full season.

Liverdinner
10-4-11, 20:42
Didn't neg you at all mate, never would!

Ah fair dos, somebody did. By not set the world alight, I meant we havent won 95 percent of games and played amazing football so he cant be nailed on in the eyes of the neutral owners.

Mullerbugs
10-4-11, 20:44
And benitez did manage at the top level too!! In La liga with valencia???!!!
You can't get too much higher in spain!!

I meant as a player. For someone so young normally its a transition from a successful footballing career, but to be in the running for a top club with little playing achievements is an incredible feat if true.

Mouriniho was 39 when he took over at Porto
Wenger was 43 when he took over at Arsenal
Rafa was 41 when he took over at Valencia

Its a complete contrast to Daglish, a man of vast experience and calibre as both manager and player.

Gazza74
10-4-11, 20:46
Ah fair dos, somebody did. By not set the world alight, I meant we havent won 95 percent of games and played amazing football so he cant be nailed on in the eyes of the neutral owners.

Wasn't me either.

Who would have set the league alight from Jan-May this season taking over from the mess from Roy???

It's a little unfair to use this 4 month period of performances and results against Kenny when none of the other managers we could get will have had to do it.

Give Villas Boas 18 games with this current squad and i doubt things would have been much better, so would he then not get the job permanently??

It's my real bone of contention in all this and i now almost wish Kenny had never got the interim position as it is being used against him.

He should get the job based on the same as any other manager, namely his CV and whether his vision and plans for the future excite the owners when they talk to him.

No more, no less.

HerrKlopp
10-4-11, 20:47
I can't see Kenny not wanting the job. I want to see what Kenny can do with better players. But if it isn't Kenny who gets the job, I'd want villa boas. But I think this is nothing but speculations, and it will be Kenny who is installed as permanent manager come the summer.

Liverdinner
10-4-11, 20:50
Wasn't me either.

Who would have set the league alight from Jan-May this season taking over from the mess from Roy???

It's a little unfair to use this 4 month period of performances and results against Kenny when none of the other managers we could get will have had to do it.

Give Villas Boas 18 games with this current squad and i doubt things would have been much better, so would he then not get the job permanently??

It's my real bone of contention in all this and i now almost wish Kenny had never got the interim position as it is being used against him.

He should get the job based on the same as any other manager, namely his CV and whether his vision and plans for the future excite the owners when they talk to him.

No more, no less.

Meh I just wish people would debate, I dont come on here to collect rep; instead to debate.

Im not using it against him. I think he has done fine. But he hasnt done anything amazing yet and so I can understand them considering their options.

RogerHuntelaar
10-4-11, 20:51
Meh I just wish people would debate, I dont come on here to collect rep; instead to debate.

Im not using it against him. I think he has done fine. But he hasnt done anything amazing yet and so I can understand them considering their options.

I agree mate.

REDULATE
10-4-11, 20:51
Positives

33 years old, NESV want a plan for the long term, with young players to 'plan ahead', nothing more perfect than having a young, successful manager spear heading your long term plan which is being put in place for years to come
He is, at the moment one of the best managers around, already. If we don't get him now, we may never get him, look at Mourinho, he wanted to come to us a while back, we never took it up, he's now at Real Madrid and not looking back anytime soon
Stats, if you look at Villas Boas' stats, they are astonishing, took Academica from the clutches of relegation, to a minute away from a major cup final, and sitting pretty in 11th, before going to Porto and basically, smashing the Portoguese divison up, winning it with over a month to spare
The football he plays is what we want, plain and simple.

Negatives

We can took about Villas Boas doing a great job, but our current man at the helm has been doing a good job for us too, why change when things are going good already perhaps?
The man that is currently managing us is not a regular manager, it is Kenny Dalglish, The King, if he wants the job, and is doing a good enough job to warrant it, can we dare turn our back on him?
Could getting a new manager cause disharmony? Gerrard and Carragher particularly have been open about how delighted they are to be working under The King, Gerrard actually said ''He will do anything he can to make sure Kenny manages Liverpool full time'', meaning Villas Boas could lose the dressing room before he has even started his reign

Carlton Facepalmer
10-4-11, 20:56
I meant as a player. For someone so young normally its a transition from a successful footballing career, but to be in the running for a top club with little playing achievements is an incredible feat if true.

Mouriniho was 39 when he took over at Porto
Wenger was 43 when he took over at ArsenalRafa was 41 when he took over at Valencia

Its a complete contrast to Daglish, a man of vast experience and calibre as both manager and player.

Jesus H Christ!!! I thought he was born 59 to this lady (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c7/Helend1997.jpg)!!

Carlton Facepalmer
10-4-11, 20:57
I agree mate.

Yeah I agree with that.

Gazza74
10-4-11, 20:58

I am debating and don't give a toss about the rep.

I'm just saying that it's a bit unfair for FSG to use this 4 month period against Kenny when none of the other managers we could get will have had to go through it and will have it used against them.

They must have known that things weren't going to be perfect in this period as all of the issues that we've had for 18 months were still there and expecting Kenny to do any more than he has is a bit much really.

He was never going to do anything amazing in this period so if that's what they were looking for, Kenny ain't getting the job and never would be. That said, i've enjoyed the last 3 months a lot more than the previous 18 months, so i'll take that as amazing.

Kenny is either good enough to rebuild the squad and take us to possible glory or he isn't, whether he'd won 18 league games this season or lost 18 games means nothing as most of these current players will be getting booted out the door anyway.

Blazt3roidz
10-4-11, 21:00
It's threads like this that keeps the salt industry in full motion. :D

* takes it with a pinch of salt * :FP:

scousered91
10-4-11, 21:01
Would AVB be more attractive to younng players around europe?

We all know what Kenny has acheived and what a great man, manager and player he was/is and most of us love him for it, but I dont think his name will be AS well known amongst the Hazards and Sanchez of this world. Whereas Boas is known all over as being the best young manager around.

Real mixed emotions for me on this one as I want Kenny to get the job but at the same time I can definitely see where the owners are coming from if this story is true.

Liverdinner
10-4-11, 21:02
I am debating and don't give a toss about the rep.

I'm just saying that it's a bit unfair for FSG to use this 4 month period against Kenny when none of the other managers we could get will have had to go through it and will have it used against them.

They must have known that things weren't going to be perfect in this period as all of the issues that we've had for 18 months were still there and expecting Kenny to do any more than he has is a bit much really.

He was never going to do anything amazing in this period so if that's what they were looking for, Kenny ain't getting the job and never would be. That said, i've enjoyed the last 3 months a lot more than the previous 18 months, so i'll take that as amazing.

Kenny is either good enough to rebuild the squad and take us to possible glory or he isn't, whether he'd won 18 league games this season or lost 18 games means nothing as most of these current players will be getting booted out the door anyway.

I wasnt talking about you.

Maybe they havent used it against him. This could be rubbish but I think they are wise considering their options. Even if Kenny has had a tough job thus far.

Mullerbugs
10-4-11, 21:05

No more, no less.

Agreed ,Daglish deserves a fair crack, we're not talking about just anyone, he's one of our most if not most famous sons and if he wants the job should be given the chance seeing he stood up to be counted when we needed him most.

I'd hate to see Daglish thrown around like a puppet he deserves better than that for what he has done and still does for the club. We finally have everything moving in the right direction a refreshing sense of dignity and team spirit all easily undone and so quickly.

Its an important decision and not one to be taken lightly.

bigFATpaulie
10-4-11, 21:05
Not doubting his management ability but the man that's currently in charge has got to stay although I have a bad feeling this rumour id true lets pray not the only man I wanted in charge after rafa is currently doing an amazing job imo with whats at his disposal. I believe if king kenny does not get it I would call it disrespect to the man for the fine job he has done whilst we were in a dire situation. KING KENNY all the way.:scarf

Simonnnnn
10-4-11, 21:07
for all we know the media could be trying to force FSG's hand.

Mullerbugs
10-4-11, 21:10
Jesus H Christ!!! I thought he was born 59 to this lady (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c7/Helend1997.jpg)!!

lol some might consider her a cougar!!!!

Gazza74
10-4-11, 21:10
I wasnt talking about you.

Maybe they havent used it against him. This could be rubbish but I think they are wise considering their options. Even if Kenny has had a tough job thus far.

Oh, ok, you replied to me so thought you meant me.

They are wise to consider their options and i have no issues with that, but if they did look at the interim period for Kenny and that was what went against him getting the job, i'd like to know what it was they were expecting to see from the performances and results to keep him as the number one choice.

Redgator
10-4-11, 21:11
If there really is an agreement, I'd surmise it's a right of first refusal sort of agreement. In other words, LFC has the right to hire AVB/pay off Porto at the conclusion of Porto's season and/or match other offers up to a certain date. If FSG decide to hire Kenny instead, they may have to pay AVB a sum of money. Would have been a way for FSG to tie down AVB as of this past January, but keep their options open in case Kenny were to light the world on fire. From AVB's perspective, it would have been impossible to leave Porto during January right after signing an extension and in the middle of an historic season, but equally difficult to completely ignore this sort of opportunity.

I love Kenny and believe he deserves the job full-time and will help LFC reach the heights again, but I'd be thrilled with AVB. He's going to be a winner and will win titles in the Prem Lg. I'm good either way!:scarf

Holmesy83
10-4-11, 21:22
Plenty asking about Gazzetta dello Sport line about Villas Boas + pre-contract with Liverpool. Will do my best to sort through it.

Gazzetta reported Villas Boas/LFC in context of story about Roma's future. Said Baldini went to see Villas Boas and talked abt Roma job...

According to Gazzetta, Villas Boas interested initially, then said had pre-contract agreement with LFC. Couple of things to bear in mind...

1. Baldini still works for the English FA, not Roma. And new owners have not yet taken over club. So if I was Villas Boas, I'd keep cards...

...close to chest, wouldn't go so far as to tell Baldini I've committed to LFC. 2. According to story, VB told Baldini that Mourinho had...

...told VB that "he wasn't ready for Italy". Could be VB's way of politely turning down Roma. Could be untrue. Doesn't sound like...

...something VB wd use as an excuse. He's keen to show he's his own man, wouldn't hide behind JM's opinion (based on what I've been told...

..by those who know VB). 3. Some of the other stuff in the story- which is mostly speculative -is patently untrue from what I've been told.

Doesn't mean VB line is wrong, of course, but does suggest source may have told journo stuff to serve his purposes. 4. Story also damaging..

to Baldini. After all, basically says he's working for Roma or Tom Di Benedetto when, officially, he's not (or isnt' supposed to). This...

...suggests to me source of story might be somebody trying to depict Baldini in a bad light. And if meeting was between Baldini + VB, how...

...wd source know what was said? That said, IMO, VB wd be progressive, smart choice for LFC when Dalglish goes.

Sorry previous tweets have been speculative, just trying to piece together what I know. Third-party quotes always tricky.

all posted just now by Marcotti via twitter

Fleems
Marcotti pretty much debunking the story on twitter.

kop96lfc
HE's on twitter and he follows LFCTV and Xabi Alonso ,thats enough for me .

http://twitter.com/#!/officialAndrevi

Fleems
10-4-11, 21:27
HE's on twitter and he follows LFCTV and Xabi Alonso ,thats enough for me .

http://twitter.com/#!/officialAndrevi

Pretty sure that's fake :D

FIOS
10-4-11, 21:27
Some proper insecure people in this thread.

ShortSkrts
10-4-11, 21:36
To be honest i'd be happy with Dalglish or AVB, it's a win-win for me!

But seriously, IF this is true, perhaps it's not for now, perhaps it for later on in his career...

SweetSilverSeven
10-4-11, 21:36
Plenty asking about Gazzetta dello Sport line about Villas Boas + pre-contract with Liverpool. Will do my best to sort through it.

Gazzetta reported Villas Boas/LFC in context of story about Roma's future. Said Baldini went to see Villas Boas and talked abt Roma job...

According to Gazzetta, Villas Boas interested initially, then said had pre-contract agreement with LFC. Couple of things to bear in mind...

1. Baldini still works for the English FA, not Roma. And new owners have not yet taken over club. So if I was Villas Boas, I'd keep cards...

...close to chest, wouldn't go so far as to tell Baldini I've committed to LFC. 2. According to story, VB told Baldini that Mourinho had...

...told VB that "he wasn't ready for Italy". Could be VB's way of politely turning down Roma. Could be untrue. Doesn't sound like...

...something VB wd use as an excuse. He's keen to show he's his own man, wouldn't hide behind JM's opinion (based on what I've been told...

..by those who know VB). 3. Some of the other stuff in the story- which is mostly speculative -is patently untrue from what I've been told.

Doesn't mean VB line is wrong, of course, but does suggest source may have told journo stuff to serve his purposes. 4. Story also damaging..

to Baldini. After all, basically says he's working for Roma or Tom Di Benedetto when, officially, he's not (or isnt' supposed to). This...

...suggests to me source of story might be somebody trying to depict Baldini in a bad light. And if meeting was between Baldini + VB, how...

...wd source know what was said? That said, IMO, VB wd be progressive, smart choice for LFC when Dalglish goes.

Sorry previous tweets have been speculative, just trying to piece together what I know. Third-party quotes always tricky.

all posted just now by Marcotti via twitter

But if there is already an agreement then he can't take the roma job then can he!! And maybe he prefers the liverpool job too!!

Yeah but the second quote sounds a bit wierd - im not sure :confused:

And why just randomly put LFC into the mix!! I know we're looking at him (and we are regardless of whether there's been an agreement already or not), but there's strong rumours about us getting KK the full time job so for something like this to be just put out there - i'm not sure - unless there's something onto it!!

I just get the feeling that it is true!!
I dunno why, but i just do!!
It sounds very legitimate from a well respected journalist!! I mean he knows a lot about italian football, and knows what he's talking about!!

He knows fabio capello really well, and therefore probably knows franco baldini well too!!

Gazza74
10-4-11, 21:37
I just hope this manager situation is sorted asap because the planning for next season needs to start now really and the longer this drags on into the summer, the less time we have in terms of players the manager wants, getting everything started for pre season etc etc etc.

I hope the new manager is sorted not long after the season is finished if it isn't going to be Kenny so they can get going on preparations for next season.

If it's Kenny then it's fine as things will already be under way now.

Luis07LP
10-4-11, 21:39

^^^^^Agree totally

Carlton Facepalmer
10-4-11, 21:44
lol some might consider her a cougar!!!!

Phwoar!!! :D

old-school
10-4-11, 21:46
Positives

33 years old, NESV want a plan for the long term, with young players to 'plan ahead', nothing more perfect than having a young, successful manager spear heading your long term plan which is being put in place for years to come
He is, at the moment one of the best managers around, already. If we don't get him now, we may never get him, look at Mourinho, he wanted to come to us a while back, we never took it up, he's now at Real Madrid and not looking back anytime soon
Stats, if you look at Villas Boas' stats, they are astonishing, took Academica from the clutches of relegation, to a minute away from a major cup final, and sitting pretty in 11th, before going to Porto and basically, smashing the Portoguese divison up, winning it with over a month to spare

Negatives

We can took about Villas Boas doing a great job, but our current man at the helm has been doing a good job for us too, why change when things are going good already perhaps?
The man that is currently managing us is not a regular manager, it is Kenny Dalglish, The King, if he wants the job, and is doing a good enough job to warrant it, can we dare turn our back on him?
Could getting a new manager cause disharmony? Gerrard and Carragher particularly have been open about how delighted they are to be working under The King, Gerrard actually said ''He will do anything he can to make sure Kenny manages Liverpool full time'', meaning Villas Boas could lose the dressing room before he has even started his reign

I totally agree with this

MickyTG
10-4-11, 21:49
Hmm, I like Kenny... and see, I like AVB...

ONLY ONE WAY TO SETTLE IT.
FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGHTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Benny-Noons-Ghost
10-4-11, 21:50
AVB is a boss manager and I wouldn't object to him taking over.

However, I just sincerely pray we don't fob Kenny off completely. He needs to be a big part of our set up.

phuzz
10-4-11, 21:52
I totally agree with this

Not just the dressing room. He could find himself in a similar situation to Hodgson living in Dalglish's shadow. The fan's choice and the right choice is King Kenny.

Fleems
10-4-11, 21:54
TonyBarretTimes Tony Barrett
Aware of all Villas Boas to LFC rumours. Nothing in them tho. No agreement of any sort exists.

Carlton Facepalmer
10-4-11, 21:56
Hmm, I like Kenny... and see, I like AVB...

ONLY ONE WAY TO SETTLE IT.
FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGHTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Shut up you four-eyed baldy tee osser!!! :D;)

SweetSilverSeven
10-4-11, 21:57
Not just the dressing room. He could find himself in a similar situation to Hodgson living in Dalglish's shadow. The fan's choice and the right choice is King Kenny.

I don't quite agree with this!!
Coz, it wasn't that hodgson was Kenny shadows - if Roy had done a good job then we wouldn't have even mentioned Kenny!! That was just hogdson's excuse!! He was just embarassing, played poor football mixed witg poor results!! AVB is completely opposite - someone that suits us at least (not as much as KK obviously)!!

Even if you look on this thread, the fans understand AVB worth and understand why FSG would be looking at him!!

He HAS got a fantastic record and is a credible option!! A lot on here have already said that IF Kenny doesn't get the job, AVB's the first person on their list to take over!! I think that'll be the case and i think he'll get the backing!!

Carlton Facepalmer
10-4-11, 21:57
AVB is a boss manager and I wouldn't object to him taking over.

Can I still take you seriously after this???? ;)

phuzz
10-4-11, 22:00
I don't quite agree with this!!
Coz, it wasn't that hodgson was Kenny shadows - if Roy had done a good job then we wouldn't have evenmentioned Kenny!! That was just hogdson's choice!!

Even if you look on this thread, the fans understand AVB worth and understand why FSG would be looking at him!!

He HAS got a fantastic record and is a credible option!! A lot on here have already said that IF Kenny doesn't get the job, he's the first person on their list to take over!! I think that'll be the case!!

I don't doubt that he's a credible choice, and well worthy of being a future Liverpool manager based on his record. But if results don't go well as was with Hodgson, fans will start questioning the decision to overlook Kenny (in the unfortunate case of it happening).

Carlton Facepalmer
10-4-11, 22:02
Is AVB getting himself in the public eye with a cheeky 'joke' claim?

SweetSilverSeven
10-4-11, 22:08
I don't doubt that he's a credible choice, and well worthy of being a future Liverpool manager based on his record. But if results don't go well as was with Hodgson, fans will start questioning the decision to overlook Kenny (in the unfortunate case of it happening).

The difference with roy/AVB, is that at least AVB is younger and there is something to look forward to!! We all knew roy wasn't a long term option and was a stop gap!!

AVB also plays fantastic football, and seems like a character aswell from what i hear!! Compared to roy who played depressing football and was soul-destroying to listen to - lowering expectations/having a go at players/embarrassing the club really!!

There was light at the end of the tunnel with roy, with AVB, even if we go through a tough time, there will be something to look forward - along term project!!

Don't think that fans will react the same to every manager who starts off badly!! We are very supportive sets of fans and that doesn't change just coz of the roy episod!! Houllier/Rafa didn't get off to the best starts or whatever, but we stuck with them!!! They were ambitious managers and were younger managers and had good records!!

Roy was constantly just embarrassing our club, and don't have any regrets in the way in which we reacted to him!!

doughts28
10-4-11, 22:10
I'd be pleased with AVB or Kenny, but surely its time to try out our big man as player-manager? We'd be getting more value for the £35million we paid for him and he looks like a genius motivator and tactician. Thoughts?

:scarf:scarf

Fleems
10-4-11, 22:15
I'd be pleased with AVB or Kenny, but surely its time to try out our big man as player-manager? We'd be getting more value for the £35million we paid for him and he looks like a genius motivator and tactician. Thoughts?

I think the only smiley that is at all useful for this post is:
:confused:

navmister
10-4-11, 22:16
I want Kenny. He is the best man for the job and he understands our club. We are very to lucky to have him as our manager at the moment. Mods why don't you guys conduct a poll and submit it to the owners. Lets see who gets the job!!!

bigpepespunch
10-4-11, 22:18
I think the only smiley that is at all useful for this post is:
:confused:

Presumably he wants Rick Waller to take over?? :confused:

Y2Kyle
10-4-11, 22:18

i agree

doughts28
10-4-11, 22:44
I want Kenny. He is the best man for the job and he understands our club. We are very to lucky to have him as our manager at the moment. Mods why don't you guys conduct a poll and submit it to the owners. Lets see who gets the job!!!

This. And include Andy Carroll, there are probably many people who secretly think that we need to bring a bit of youth to the management team

AayoTheRed
10-4-11, 22:52
If he brings Hulk with him I may just die of glee

Euro-77-78-81-84-05
10-4-11, 22:59
What has Dalglish done wrong, ok a few poor results, but he can only work with what he has, and when asked to name someone who can/could have done better with this squad, not many have given answers. There's been more good results, then poor under Dalglish and he has took us from being considered for relegation, to being considered for Europe. He hasn't won the league, but no one would have from the position he took over from, and he should get a change to have a proper season, and be allowed to make his own signings.

Everyone wanted him to return, so why want someone else now. If he did poor since returning, fair enough. If we change manager it will be 4 in just over a year, we'll end up changing manager all the time. People will say we won't, well why not, Dalglish was the fans choice, he hasn't done anything wrong, yet if we get a different manager, it means we've changed from Dalglish, so could change again. What if we get this guy, then next season some other manager wins a league with a 100% record, and leaves his team, do we go for him. If we get Villa Boas, it will take a few defeats, and everyone will want him gone. People will claim it won't be the case, but it will. It happened with Hodgson, ok he didn't work here, and it was the right time to change him, but the first sack Hodgson posts came after just four games, far too early. Everyone that started the sack posts early on, was asked if the next manager lost his first few games then what, and no reply was ever given. Then under Dalglish a few defeats happened, and some started with the change manager posts, so if they've done it three managers running, including some after just a few defeats, why won't they do it again. Then these same people say Wenger shouldn't be questioned at Arsenal, after going 6 years without a trophy, despite questioning managers here after just a few games. They give Wenger the excuse, oh he has won the league with them. Well Dalglish has won the league, so why are these same people not letting that be an excuse. In Dalglish's first spell here we never finished outside the top 2. In all his seasons as a top divison manager, at all clubs, he has only finished outside the top 2 twice.

That is a brilliant record, however Mourinho won the European Cup in that season, so how many of the 2 defeats, or games with dropped points, were down to him resting players for the European Cup. Not sure if he did this, just saying. Just if Porto lost their 5 games remaining, and the points per game go down, it would be correct to point out the defeats and dropped points came after winning the league, but some of Mourinho's could have too, or could have come as a result of going for European Cup.

Not attacking Villa Boas, just give any fan an option of 2.41 points per a game and 2 defeats, but win the European Cup, or 2.84 points per a game in an undefeated season, but don't win the European Cup, either way you win the league, everyone would chose the smaller points and greater defeats and a European Cup, over more points, unbeaten and no European Cup.

Paulite
10-4-11, 23:07
Not attacking Villa Boas, just give any fan an option of 2.41 points per a game and 2 defeats, but win the European Cup, or 2.84 points per a game in an undefeated season, but don't win the European Cup, either way you win the league, everyone would chose the smaller points and greater defeats and a European Cup, over more points, unbeaten and no European Cup.

He wasn't in the Champions League at the start of the season though, so you can't knock him for that. He could still win the Europa League. And for that difference in points, and to win the Europa League as well would put him about equal with Mourinho for a season's achievements I think.

REDULATE
10-4-11, 23:10
Oh my god, I knew Porto were doing well, but what the ****, I didn't know they were doing this well

Played 26 Won 24 Drew 2 Lost 0

In the league this season.. :eek::eek:

WineForMyMen
10-4-11, 23:16
1) I never particularly trust Gazzetta. It's a sensationalist rag that knows little outside of its own limited terrain.

2) As I said in a thread a couple of days ago, AVB would be my preferred choice.

3) Some people need to cut the hysteria and sentimentality. I was a defender of Rafa in his final year and I remember a popular refrain of "you care about Rafa more than the club" aimed at us. It may have been a tongue-in-cheek remark then, but now in relation to Kenny?

I'd love to see us go for AVB. But Kenny wouldn't be off the list.

bigpepespunch
10-4-11, 23:18
Oh my god, I knew Porto were doing well, but what the ****, I didn't know they were doing this well

Played 26 Won 24 Drew 2 Lost 0

In the league this season.. :eek::eek:

And thats in a league which to be fair is better than it gets credit for.

FidelC
10-4-11, 23:19
i have no problems with us being linked with Villas-Boas...remember how scary it was when the those two baboons wanted klinsmann in place of rafa?? :FP:

this is progress imo

ShortSkrts
10-4-11, 23:24
1) I never particularly trust Gazzetta. It's a sensationalist rag that knows little outside of its own limited terrain.

2) As I said in a thread a couple of days ago, AVB would be my preferred choice.

3) Some people need to cut the hysteria and sentimentality. I was a defender of Rafa in his final year and I remember a popular refrain of "you care about Rafa more than the club" aimed at us. It may have been a tongue-in-cheek remark then, but now in relation to Kenny?

I'd love to see us go for AVB. But Kenny wouldn't be off the list.

Completely agree with this.

Pete_lad2014
11-4-11, 00:02
Aware of all Villas Boas to LFC rumours. Nothing in them tho. No agreement of any sort exists.

TBH Tony Barrett is usually a good source but for me he is writimg this off to easy, nobody really knows what FSG plans are and im sure we will here a lot more rumours before something official is annouced. But as far as tgis rumour goes Tony Barrett may well be right and there is nothing in it, but he may well be far from the truth we just wont know until FSG announce something.

Not 1 person new about the LeBron Jsames deal and he is a megastar yet they kept it quiet, im sure they could keep info secure until they have something to say

domino
11-4-11, 00:22

Did people really believe Villas Boas would leak that kind of thing to an Italian paper?! Why would he do that?

Oakryrch
11-4-11, 00:23
With news that FSG were in talks with Kenny over a new contract, it doesn't really suprise me that this has come out.

FSG are smart people and didn't get to where they are now without exploring all the avenues open to them. Villas Boas has done astonoshingly well at Porto and his record is quite simply phenomonal so no qualms or worries on that score.

I've got mixed feelings on the whole situation tbh. Kenny is my first choice manager out of any other candidate and I want him to be given the permanent managers position in the summer. However, if the worst comes to the worst and Kenny weren't to get the managers job, then Villas Boas gets my vote. He's the man we should be going for. A man who looks like he's ready to move to new league. He has traits similar to Mourinho and if past record is anything to go by, he'll be a success wherever he goes.

This is my only worry...We all want Kenny as manager - rightfully so - so if he does then everyone's a happy bunny. That means Villas Boas won't be our manager and that means missing out on a manager that would potentially build us a dynasty and revolutionise this club in the future. He has more years over Kenny, that's what I mean. Kenny of course, has many years left so am just saying.

Just to save any confusion, I want Kenny to be my first choice. He deserves a season, at the very least, to show what he can do and we all know he can do it. We need new players, not a new manager, just new players. I see far too many people are moaning about our results and play but that's down to the players, not the manager. Kenny can only do so much.

Come the summer, when new players arrive and the deadwood is shipped out, will you then see what Kenny is able to achieve.

We're supposedly looking at other managers but we have available to us the best man for LFC. That man is already temporary manager of LFC. Kenny Dalglish!

KOPGIRL1971
11-4-11, 00:42
Apart from the fact his CV isn't exactly top heavy, he bears an uncanny (and scary) resemblance to a cross between mourinho and alonso - so no thanks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/André_Villas_Boas

King kenny for me

Tuta
11-4-11, 00:47
I don't trust any paper, so this will include Gazetta but Gab Marcotti has earned my respect and in my opinion is very reliable source. That said who is to say that this pre-agreement with VB is not relevent for the time after his contract withPorto expires (after next season or further in the future). So no reason to panic for me. I like our King in charge next season because he deserved it. He simply gave us stabilty at all levels.

Oakryrch
11-4-11, 00:48
Apart from the fact his CV isn't exactly top heavy, he bears an uncanny (and scary) resemblance to a cross between mourinho and alonso - so no thanks

King kenny for me

Just for arguments sake, if Kenny weren't to get to the job, who would you want as manager instead?

Kenny isn't certain to being the LFC manager so just posing the question.

WineForMyMen
11-4-11, 00:51
That record this season is stunning, simply stunning. And in an overlooked and underrated league whose clubs consistently perform in European competition (which can only be said of perhaps 3 other leagues).

Whatever you think about the potential replacement debate, credit where it's due.

RedFirefly
11-4-11, 00:58
has this Portuguese manager only been in the job one year? If not what's his record like for his entire managerial career?

For the record I want King Kenny as manager regardless.

REDULATE
11-4-11, 01:09
has this Portuguese manager only been in the job one year? If not what's his record like for his entire managerial career?

For the record I want King Kenny as manager regardless.

Managed Academica, when he took them they were relegation bound, done a great job, got them to 11th place, and a semi final, were they were beaten in the last minute, against, Porto (:D)

NeggedNuTs
11-4-11, 02:06
King kenny for 4 or more years!!!!

Dynasty-inthe-Making
11-4-11, 03:04
If Kenny doesn't get the job I ll be very sad for him, & if Kenny
Thinks this guy is the real deal I wouldn't be surprised if he put the
club first before his own intrest.
He is that type of guy a character you seldom find in men these days,
I for one would fight tooth & nail to sign a person such as Kenny.

It will be a sad day for me if I won't see Kenny anymore in the dugout :(

RyanBabylon
11-4-11, 04:00
If, for whatever reason, he does come- hopefully if he does it's because Kenny decides he wants a different role at the club, and to let the club move forward past him- I pray to god he brings Hulk with him.

I've been watching videos of him ripping Luiz a new one ;)

LLS
11-4-11, 07:29
With all respect to the King, wanting Kenny to get the job ahead of Villas Boas is like wanting Ashley Young more than Alexis Sanchez "because he's got experience in the PL".

"AVB" is the best young manager going right now and his potential could very well be off the charts. As owners you'd be idiotic to not seriously consider him.

That said, I prefer Kenny :)

Right now we could really do with some stability for a year or two while the club gets back on it's feet. I also made a thread recently about how Kenny is very important for creating an identity for the club, something we've lacked for a long time.

Besides, AVB is only 33. Unless he goes to one of our rivals in the League, that ship has far from sailed. It would be a major coup for us though and I wouldn't be dead against it.

SuperSpeedy
11-4-11, 07:45
With all respect to the King, wanting Kenny to get the job ahead of Villas Boas is like wanting Ashley Young more than Alexis Sanchez "because he's got experience in the PL".

"AVB" is the best young manager going right now and his potential could very well be off the charts. As owners you'd be idiotic to not seriously consider him.

That said, I prefer Kenny :)

Right now we could really do with some stability for a year or two while the club gets back on it's feet. I also made a thread recently about how Kenny is very important for creating an identity for the club, something we've lacked for a long time.

Besides, AVB is only 33. Unless he goes to one of our rivals in the League, that ship has far from sailed. It would be a major coup for us though and I wouldn't be dead against it.

Did you just really compare the King to Ashley Young?? :FP::)

the-las
11-4-11, 07:45
Kenny has won the premier league, knows the league and knows liverpool football club.

None of these apply to AVB

FACT.

Chickenliver
11-4-11, 07:51
I know!!
And just like Mourinhio he's handsome too!! :FL:

Jose Mourinhio isn't handsome, he has a Tefal head.

Chickenliver
11-4-11, 08:16
Some people need to get realistic here, for a start King Kenny isn't the permanent manager and was brought in to steady the ship. No promises were made by the owners.

Yes we all love Kenny and he's our man, but at the end of the day it's not really up to us, we got our way when Roy was here but now the owners are probably thinking about our long term future, i'd be sad to see Kenny go if this guy gets the job but we'll have to get on with it as best as we can.

Carlton Facepalmer
11-4-11, 08:32
Jose Mourinhio isn't handsome, he has a Tefal head.

Super-Mac-and-Fries
11-4-11, 08:37
Some people need to get realistic here, for a start King Kenny isn't the permanent manager and was brought in to steady the ship. No promises were made by the owners.

Yes we all love Kenny and he's our man, but at the end of the day it's not really up to us, we got our way when Roy was here but now the owners are probably thinking about our long term future, i'd be sad to see Kenny go if this guy gets the job but we'll have to get on with it as best as we can.

I agree Chicken and that's what most people were saying when Kenny came in but most have changed now and want Kenny to stay at all costs (and I can understand why.

That's why I think FSG didn't want to replace Roy with Kenny until they realised it was absolutely necessary. FSG have a method that they value and most of it involves relatively young forward thinking people. Kenny is forward thinking, but he's not young and they want someone with a vision for the playing side of the club with the years left to be able to make it happen.

I am happy to let FSG make the decision as whoever gets the job needs their full backing to get us there, no half measures.

Chickenliver
11-4-11, 08:48

It true, it's long and very kettle like :D

I agree Chicken and that's what most people were saying when Kenny came in but most have changed now and want Kenny to stay at all costs (and I can understand why.

That's why I think FSG didn't want to replace Roy with Kenny until they realised it was absolutely necessary. FSG have a method that they value and most of it involves relatively young forward thinking people. Kenny is forward thinking, but he's not young and they want someone with a vision for the playing side of the club with the years left to be able to make it happen.

I am happy to let FSG make the decision as whoever gets the job needs their full backing to get us there, no half measures.

And my worry is that how long will it take us to get another of quality after Kenny has finished his second stint here? Our future is important and i'm sure realistically how long Kenny will have here while all the best managers around are at other clubs. For all we know Kenny could well be that man who takes us further than we imagined, but at the same time the owners need to think of our long term aims and further.

If Kenny stays on as manager i'd be made up but if he isn't and someone else gets the job then i'll be open to something different too.

Raphaelthe2nd
11-4-11, 08:55

ridiculous

:D Cracking

Super-Mac-and-Fries
11-4-11, 08:56
And my worry is that how long will it take us to get another of quality after Kenny has finished his second stint here? Our future is important and i'm sure realistically how long Kenny will have here while all the best managers around are at other clubs. For all we know Kenny could well be that man who takes us further than we imagined, but at the same time the owners need to think of our long term aims and further.

If Kenny stays on as manager i'd be made up but if he isn't and someone else gets the job then i'll be open to something different too.

Couldn't agree more. We all want continued success and the new owners have their own style and we've got to give them the chance. I would be very happy with Kenny too, but I'm just not sure it's a good time to start with a manager that may not have all that much time left in the game which will mean more upheaval.

We may need a spring chicken (see what I did there?)

Chickenliver
11-4-11, 09:11
Couldn't agree more. We all want continued success and the new owners have their own style and we've got to give them the chance. I would be very happy with Kenny too, but I'm just not sure it's a good time to start with a manager that may not have all that much time left in the game which will mean more upheaval.

We may need a spring chicken (see what I did there?)

Aye, very good :D

Pete_lad2014
11-4-11, 09:19
As much as we want Kenny to stay, whatever the decision the owners make we have to back them and not turn on them for making a decision that they feel long term will benefit the club.

Although I have to admit I still strongly feel Kenny will be our manager next season

johnnybbader32
11-4-11, 09:19
king kenny all the way for me he has done a good job so far and he no what he is doing ynwa:scarf

Balon D'telli
11-4-11, 09:24
I don't want this guy no matter what. Absolute disgrace if Kenny doesn't get the job, and it'll turn me right off football in general.

Don't do that Phuzz, football just won't be able to go on without you

Lomes
11-4-11, 09:31
Wow! :eek:

I noticed this surface last night but the golf was addictive so chose to read this thread this morning.

Interesting times.

Firstly, the whole thing makes THIS (http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/roma-owner-di-benedetto-insists-no-liverpool-conflict-1540441) story laughable! Already the two clubs are causing a conflict!

As much as we'd all like & love kenny Dalglish to be the next Liverpool Manager it would take a foolish business to only leave themselves one option for something they plan on running with such importance and success over the coming years. Although a signature on an agreement sounds quite official we cant rule out the fact they are looking at more than just Dalglish. Who's to say kenny wont have some sort of say in the long term future anyway?

All this has done is confirm that KD isnt a nailed on choice and its hurt us all a little bit and we've all probably thought it but not wanted to believe it. Its important for us not to let emotion run away with us and just wait to see what FSG decide.
:)

SixYardBoxer
11-4-11, 09:31
.... he bears an uncanny (and scary) resemblance to a cross between mourinho and alonso - so no thanks

King kenny for me

ooh, good call... Love child of Xabi and Maureen, weird! :eek:

PanicStations
11-4-11, 09:45
Are we sure that this isn't just some Man City subtrefuge?

-SP7-
11-4-11, 09:59
It is quite clear this is all ********.

The guy will be a great manager though.

KyLFC
11-4-11, 10:02
Keep King Kenny :scarf

Alpha Papa
11-4-11, 10:05
Amazed by the number of people taking the attitude of 'Will miss King Kenny but Villa Boas is the best young manager out there etc etc'.

Dalglish is the best player our club has ever had, has won top flight titles as manager in England with two different teams, and has come into a sinking ship in January and proved he still has it.

Absolute *********** disgrace if he's not given the job.

LiverpoolOne
11-4-11, 10:07
Kenny deserves next season.

Gilly23
11-4-11, 10:11
I didn't realise Villa Boas's record in the Liga Portugesa was so good: 24-2-0 on 74 points with second place only on 55 points. While I admit this is simply amazing, it is his first year at a big club. It would probably be a gamble and I'm sure he would want to wait until the end of this season if he did sign for us so he can win the title with Porto like he deserves too. King Kenny's position isn't permanent after all so of course there will be links to other possible managers, no need for negativity. It's up to NESV I guess, whether to stay with Kenny or bring a much younger less experienced manager in the hope that he in actuality the next big manager, and that Porto is just the start for him in collecting silverware.

stano123
11-4-11, 10:15

Thats my take on it.

SlimCrayz
11-4-11, 10:16
I didn't realise Villa Boas's record in the Liga Portugesa was so good: 24-2-0 on 74 points with second place only on 55 points. While I admit this is simply amazing, it is his first year at a big club. It would probably be a gamble and I'm sure he would want to wait until the end of this season if he did sign for us so he can win the title with Porto like he deserves too. King Kenny's position isn't permanent after all so of course there will be links to other possible managers, no need for negativity. It's up to NESV I guess, whether to stay with Kenny or bring a much younger less experienced manager in the hope that he in actuality the next big manager, and that Porto is just the start for him in collecting silverware.

you just no this will cause ****, but at the end of the day, if he wins us games and makes us a great squad, villas boas will be loved, its as simple as that, BUT saying that, i do want kenny to sign for next season

SlimCrayz
11-4-11, 10:19
Amazed by the number of people taking the attitude of 'Will miss King Kenny but Villa Boas is the best young manager out there etc etc'.

Dalglish is the best player our club has ever had, has won top flight titles as manager in England with two different teams, and has come into a sinking ship in January and proved he still has it.

Absolute *********** disgrace if he's not given the job.

if villas boas gets the job, and makes us great, you wont be thinking like this would you? you wouldnt still just want kenny

btw i do agree with you, i want kenny to stay, but i wont hate the owners for bringing in villas boas if they do, i just hope he has a good eye for great talent

RedKite
11-4-11, 10:20
Something is holding up a deal with Kenny. What?

S-H-S
11-4-11, 10:26

He already has.

I think we need to get him now if we can, or we might live to regret it.

ForkHandles
11-4-11, 10:34
not even entertaining the idea based on a rumour. Hope it's not true

Alpha Papa
11-4-11, 10:37
if villas boas gets the job, and makes us great, you wont be thinking like this would you? you wouldnt still just want kenny

You're missing the point though. There is absolutely nothing to suggest he will be more successful than Kenny.

Dalglish is only one of two men EVER to have won the top flight with different teams. I am sorry, but that puts him above some guy who has had one good season in the Portugese League.

Add that to the fact he has done a fantastic job since returning, and is a legend of the club and I really don't see any debate on this issue.

Alpha Papa
11-4-11, 10:38
He already has.

I think we need to get him now if we can, or we might live to regret it.

Are you joking? Dalglish has already won titles with Liverpool. So why the **** would we regret giving him the job?

S-H-S
11-4-11, 10:47
Are you moronic? Dalglish has already won titles with Liverpool. So why the **** would we regret giving him the job?

Calm down dear.

I think he is a great young manager in the making and could be here for a long time. I wanted him before Kenny and I still want him now.

Everyone is allowed their opinion.

KeemI
11-4-11, 10:56
Kenny has won the premier league, knows the league and knows liverpool football club.

None of these apply to AVB

FACT.

Roy failed here,even though he was PL tested...Keane was *****,even though he was PL tested...

Alpha Papa
11-4-11, 11:01
Calm down dear.

I think he is a great young manager in the making and could be here for a long time. I wanted him before Kenny and I still want him now.

Everyone is allowed their opinion.

Everyone can have an opinion, yes, but it shouldn't be an opinion built on b/s facts.

He has won ONE title, not 'titles'. It is in a fairly minor league. If you wanted him in charge before KK was appointed then you wanted somebody with zero titles and just over a year of managerial experience.

You may have seen a lot of him in the year 2020 on football manager or something, but your love-in with him in real world seems to be pretty strange, and pretty disrespectful to a Liverpool legend who has won real titles with the club and already dramatically improved the club's form.

Alpha Papa
11-4-11, 11:03
Roy failed here,even though he was PL tested...Keane was *****,even though he was PL tested...

???

Roy had never reached top 4 with a PL club. So no, not sure he is PL tested. And I'm not even sure who you are referring to by 'Keane'.

Dalgish has won titles with Liverpool, as well as the title with Blackburn. Whole different kettle of fish.

OLI1879
11-4-11, 11:13
Something is holding up a deal with Kenny. What?

In my opinion, and this is pure speculation, there was talk earlier about him being offered a 2 year deal and him not accepting it. I wouldn't be suprised if this was the case. He may want a longer term contract than FSG are willing to offer him.

KeemI
11-4-11, 11:17
???

Roy had never reached top 4 with a PL club. So no, not sure he is PL tested. And I'm not even sure who you are referring to by 'Keane'.

Dalgish has won titles with Liverpool, as well as the title with Blackburn. Whole different kettle of fish.

I was referring to his whole "premiership-tested" theory...and I meant Robbie Keane....

S-H-S
11-4-11, 11:22
Everyone can have an opinion, yes, but it shouldn't be an opinion built on b/s facts.

He has won ONE title, not 'titles'. It is in a fairly minor league. If you wanted him in charge before KK was appointed then you wanted somebody with zero titles and just over a year of managerial experience.

You may have seen a lot of him in the year 2020 on football manager or something, but your love-in with him in real world seems to be pretty strange, and pretty disrespectful to a Liverpool legend who has won real titles with the club and already dramatically improved the club's form.

I wanted him in January.

He had already guided relegation fodder to 11th place in the league and within a whisker of a cup final.

And by January, Porto had already run away with the league title. They are still unbeaten with an unbelievable record. His past is also promising having worked closely with Mourinho and other top coaches which can only be a great benefit.

People underestimate the Portuguese league. It is funny how a team in 4th place, and 34 points behind Porto dumped us out of the Europa League very comfortably.

If anybody other than Kenny had come in and had the same record, people wouldn't be up in arms about him being possibly replaced. Yes, we have had some good performances (mainly against the top teams, which are always easy to get up for). But there have been a number of VERY poor performances.

Sentiment shouldn't get in the way of what is best for this football club.

Adam.L.F.C
11-4-11, 11:35
My opinion is that john henry and mr warner targeted villa boas in january and offered him the job as he fits the profile of manager that they wanted to help us build a dynasty.

But he could not leave his job half way into season so said if the job is available in the summer il be happy to come to anfield.

Now the owners needed some1 to steady the ship until summer and kenny dalglish was asked and he obviously would do anything for liverpoolfc so accepted the role till summer!

Problem is he has done so well now what do FSG do?

REDULATE
11-4-11, 11:39
Positives

Negatives

Looking back on my original post here, I firmly believe the negative outweigh the positive, particularly the bit in bold

Unless it was with Kennys consent, and he was maybe in an assistant managers role were he still had influence, then I don't think we can possibly do it, for some of the reasons above, I hope Villas boas doesn't go on to a rival like Chelsea or someone, as I'd love him here one day

SaviolaLFC
11-4-11, 11:44
This is a tricky situation. On one hand we have probably one of the worlds most revered up and coming managers on the other we have the living legend KK. Both of which I am sure would do a great job.

KK probably will only want to manage for another 2-3 years, Boas could be at Madrid or Barca by then.

KK said he would happily step aside if needed and I do imagine Henry and Werner are looking for a younger hungry manager for the future.

Very tricky decision!

ShortSkrts
11-4-11, 11:45
In my opinion, and this is pure speculation, there was talk earlier about him being offered a 2 year deal and him not accepting it. I wouldn't be suprised if this was the case. He may want a longer term contract than FSG are willing to offer him.

Or perhaps Dalglish doesn't want the manager's job because he wants to spend more time with his family and he wants to go back to his old job...

Or FSG have offered him a new job if he doesn't want the manager's job...

Whatever happens I still think the future is bright for LFC.

Markied
11-4-11, 11:49
Well i don't believe that at all. SSN wouldve mentioned it. That's preety big news.

Alpha Papa
11-4-11, 11:55
This is a tricky situation. On one hand we have probably one of the worlds most revered up and coming managers on the other we have the living legend KK. Both of which I am sure would do a great job.

Very tricky decision!

I really don't think this is a tricky decision. It's a *********** obvious decision.

People need to stop pretending KK is just a living legend. He is a top quality manager first and foremost. He won league titles with us and with Blackburn.

Add to that the fact that he knows the club inside out and has great support from players and fans alike,

And lets not pretend AVB is 'revered'. Bayern appear to not be interested in him as manager. I haven't seen him linked with other big clubs. I have no doubt he is a good manager, but there shouldn't even be a debate here over who should be in charge of the club.

SaviolaLFC
11-4-11, 12:09
I really don't think this is a tricky decision. It's a *********** obvious decision.

People need to stop pretending KK is just a living legend. He is a top quality manager first and foremost. He won league titles with us and with Blackburn.

Add to that the fact that he knows the club inside out and has great support from players and fans alike,

And lets not pretend AVB is 'revered'. Bayern appear to not be interested in him as manager. I haven't seen him linked with other big clubs. I have no doubt he is a good manager, but there shouldn't even be a debate here over who should be in charge of the club.

That's all true but it is also very short termism. This will be debated by the board because they want to put a long term plan in place, which I can understand.

KK is a great manager, AVB is a good manager on the rise.

If I had not seen how bad dual managers could be I would recommend that ;)

ChriBS
11-4-11, 12:09
Looking back on my original post here, I firmly believe the negative outweigh the positive, particularly the bit in bold

Unless it was with Kennys consent, and he was maybe in an assistant managers role were he still had influence, then I don't think we can possibly do it, for some of the reasons above, I hope Villas boas doesn't go on to a rival like Chelsea or someone, as I'd love him here one day

I don't think you're right. I think Gerrard and Carra are way too professional to get girly about this. As much as they love and respect Kenny, I'm sure they want what's best for the club, regardless of what they've commented about King Kenny being appointed as manager.

We cannot afford to be sentimental here. Football isn't just a game of feelings, though sometimes we want it to be. As much as we all love Kenny, we HAVE to go for the better option (if there is one, that is).
If someone like AVB can have is playing beautiful and effective attacking football like Porto, we should at least consider him.

I'm not one to judge whether or not AVB is the one for the job (though his record so far is truly amazing). Someone in more insightful positions than me will have to decide that.

Alpha Papa
11-4-11, 12:18
Truly amazing? One Portugese League title?

Sure he's had a pretty great set of results, being unbeaten in the league, but he's hardly a Mourinho.

Chickenliver
11-4-11, 12:20
I don't think you're right. I think Gerrard and Carra are way too professional to get girly about this. As much as they love and respect Kenny, I'm sure they want what's best for the club, regardless of what they've commented about King Kenny being appointed as manager.

We cannot afford to be sentimental here. Football isn't just a game of feelings, though sometimes we want it to be. As much as we all love Kenny, we HAVE to go for the better option (if there is one, that is).
If someone like AVB can have is playing beautiful and effective attacking football like Porto, we should at least consider him.

I'm not one to judge whether or not AVB is the one for the job (though his record so far is truly amazing). Someone in more insightful positions than me will have to decide that.

Correct i say.

bondred
11-4-11, 12:22
I am amazed this thread has got this far, as I said on page one or two, it's clearly trash paper talk.

REDULATE
11-4-11, 12:22

Sure he's had a pretty great set of results, being unbeaten in the league, but he's hardly a Mourinho.

You're trying to dampen the fact he's about to win the league, whilst remaining unbeaten, with nearly a 100% record. If you don't think that is truly amazing, you need to get your head out the sand.

bonou2
11-4-11, 12:24
Kenny thinks spearing is a good player that worrying enough.

ChriBS
11-4-11, 12:25

As I've said, so far. All we can judge him by is his stats at Porto and Académica. Those stats ARE amazing.

I have never claimed that he is at Mourinho's level. That's far too early to tell. He is, however, very much on the right track.

Chickenliver
11-4-11, 12:25
I am amazed this thread has got this far, as I said on page one or two, it's clearly trash paper talk.

What did you want to happen then? To only get five replies? Lol

bondred
11-4-11, 12:26
What did you want to happen then? To only get five replies? Lol

Pretty much, consign it to the bin where it belongs. No story here.

Shamhancks
11-4-11, 12:27
Why do all liverpool fans believe every change will end the world?

If yank boys want Boas, then Boas it is. It's as if Dowie is lined up or something

Dowie!!!! Naaaah. We've got too many points now to end up relegated.:D

Jazzy-J
11-4-11, 12:28
I think VB will stay at Porto for another year. I reckon he fancies a crack at the Champions League with Porto. This time next year we can reflect on the job Kenny has done. If he's taken us forward, great. If it hasn't worked out how we wanted it to then we can look at Villa Boas then.

ChriBS
11-4-11, 12:29

It's because this thread is more than AVB being linked to the job. It's also about whether or not Kenny is untouchable.

Alpha Papa
11-4-11, 12:31
You're trying to dampen the fact he's about to win the league, whilst remaining unbeaten, with nearly a 100% record. If you don't think that is truly amazing, you need to get your head out the sand.

Well I'm not sure you even know the facts.

He already has won the league for starters. But you can't say someone has an amazign record when they haven't succeeded in one of the top 3 leagues or in Europe.

bondred
11-4-11, 12:34
It's because this thread is more than AVB being linked to the job. It's also about whether or not Kenny is untouchable.

I know that, all I was saying is it should have been a non starter because it was obvious paper talk.

LovelyCushionedHeader
11-4-11, 12:36
I Imagine if Kenny is leaving the he has made the decision to himself

MickeyLove
11-4-11, 12:41
If Kenny wants the job it's his. In my opinion this is a load of rubbish.

Mike-91
11-4-11, 12:45
They are giving contracts out to players. Give the most important one a contract already.

domino
11-4-11, 12:46
If Kenny wants the job it's his. In my opinion this is a load of rubbish.

Well he does, and as of yet, he's not been given it.

The interest in Villas Boas is 100% genuine I can guarantee you that.

Although this story about agreeing pre-contracts etc is a load of crap I agree.

I just feel they are keeping their options open, and I don't think any announcement on the manager, whether it be Kenny or anyone else, will be made till the summer now.

Stevie Jesus
11-4-11, 12:48

I agree with you, but I am quoting this post and will add to my favourites to bump in 3 years time just in case :D

S-H-S
11-4-11, 13:11
Well I'm not sure you even know the facts.

He already has won the league for starters. But you can't say someone has an amazign record when they haven't succeeded in one of the top 3 leagues or in Europe.

Well he is all but in the Europa League semi-final. If they win that will your opinion change?