PDA

View Full Version : Reds tracking Barton

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

AidoC
27-4-11, 12:07
Reds tracking Barton

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6900082,00.html

....Liverpool are keeping tabs on Joey Barton's contract situation at Newcastle, skysports.com understands.

Barton's future at Newcastle has been the subject of speculation with the midfielder yet to agree a new deal at St James' Park.

The news has alerted a number of clubs to Barton's possible availability with both Aston Villa and West Ham credited with an interest in the former Manchester City man in the January transfer window.

Now Liverpool are believed to be tracking Barton following his superb season for Newcastle this term.

With Barton entering the final 12 months of his contract at Newcastle this summer, the midfielder would be an attractive proposition for Liverpool as he could be available for a cut-price fee.

The 28-year-old has been Newcastle's standout performer this season on their return to the Premier League and he is widely expected to scoop the club's Player of the Season award.

Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish is thought to be drawing up his list of transfer targets and Barton could figure on it due to his success in linking up with Reds striker Andy Carroll while the pair were together at Newcastle.

Barton was the provider of eight of Carroll's goals at Newcastle this season prior to his move to Anfield in January and Dalglish could look to reunite the pair as he tries to get the best out of his 35million signing next season.

Barton has excelled in his right-side midfield role this season and he could be the answer to Liverpool's problematic right-wing position by adding some creativity to the midfield.

ShortSkrts
27-4-11, 12:09
No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, for the love of Fowler please NOOO!

slimman
27-4-11, 12:09
:FP:

woody
27-4-11, 12:10

Can I add SEVERAL more No's....?!

RogerHuntelaar
:D "skysports understands."

Liverdinner
Damn Police, getting us to do their dirty work for them.

-Blitz-
I just threw up a little bit :FP:

Farontaur
27-4-11, 12:11
:eek:

Surely not, it goes against FSG strategy (aren't they only interested in signing players under the age of 26?) so can't see it happening.

-Jiggy-
I hope there's no truth to this.

ShortSkrts

You can add infinite more No's if you would like...

Ferret92
27-4-11, 12:12
Kenny wouldnt do this. Im sure of it.

riacan
27-4-11, 12:12
Utter nonsense, not only is he a **** but he is not good enough by any stretch of the imagination!

-Bodie-
27-4-11, 12:13
Utter BS. Dont believe a word of it. At least thats one ''sky sports understands'' out the way though. I expect at least another 50 about us till the end of the summer transfer window.

OLI1879
27-4-11, 12:13
Who came up with this rubbish?

NeggedNuTs
27-4-11, 12:14
is he a liverpool or everton fan?

-Bodie-
27-4-11, 12:14
Who came up with this rubbish?

Sky Sports. Nuff said.

scousered91
27-4-11, 12:15
Well he is the best English midfielder about at the moment. :D

Clarered
27-4-11, 12:15
At 28, isn't Joey Barton a bit too old for the FSG model?

I'm hoping this report is typical Sky nonsense... I'll never forgive Barton for his studs up foul on Xabi a few years back!

Spearmint16
27-4-11, 12:16
is he a liverpool or everton fan?

I believe he is a boyhood Liverpool fan. Doesn't justify signing him though does it :FP:

bigFATpaulie
27-4-11, 12:17
Kenny wouldnt do this. Im sure of it.

Agreed cannot see Kenny signing this nut job.

sudhu
27-4-11, 12:18
Noooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

Em-inLeam
27-4-11, 12:19
Noooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the boards. Excellent first post :D

You read this thread then thought "blooming 'ell, I must have my say!" so paid the subscription just to make this post. Just shows how badly we don't want Joey at our club.

welshypool
27-4-11, 12:19
:D

Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish is thought to be drawing up his list of transfer targets and Barton could figure on it due to his success in linking up with Reds striker Andy Carroll while the pair were together at Newcastle

No story then at all but why let facts get in the way of some idle gossip, but why not believe Sky, they are gospel and never get it wrong or fans pandering to stupid stories...you crazy kids :rolleyes:

direwolf
27-4-11, 12:21
Mindless speculation.

Thinking about it makes me ill.

JustBlaze
27-4-11, 12:21
Christ.

Nova9
27-4-11, 12:22
Must be a slow day at the office for the staff and Sky Sports. I guess they say this becuase we got Carroll but does that mean we are going to go in for someone from Ajax as they set up goals for Saurez :P

stano123
27-4-11, 12:23
I could never see it happening, mainly because he is an idiot and trouble maker, but he is still very good footballer, but it would never change the fact that his parents should have used some sort of contraception.

NeggedNuTs
27-4-11, 12:25
hes a bit like roy keane

Paullfc1976
27-4-11, 12:26
I'd much rather Kevin Nolan; although I think the story about Barton has no legs. We're gonna be linked with dozens of players.

TruthMayHurt
27-4-11, 12:27
This is just pure and utter nonsence.

SuperSi
My guess, as always, is that this rumour has been generated by the players' agent and nobody else.

Utter crap.

Scrams
:FP: To be fair he isnt an awful footballer but he's Joey barton..:D

RogerHuntelaar
27-4-11, 12:28
My guess, as always, is that this rumour has been generated by the players' agent and nobody else.

Utter crap.

Or just made up by Sky. Their source is "Skysports.com understands". :D

That gives them a license to talk crap. :P

festinho
27-4-11, 12:29
Somebody should be arrested for this rumour.

scousertommy-86
27-4-11, 12:30
Scouser-tommy86 understands that Sky sports news have put 2 and 2 together and got 5.

Joey Barton, 12 months left on his deal, from Liverpool, too good a player for Everton and Liverpool are recruiting english players means Liverpool want Barton.

He has 12 months left on his deal. Maybe if his agent leaks a story that Liverpool are interested, then Newcastle will suddenly produce a nice fat new contract....

-Bodie-
27-4-11, 12:30
hes a bit like roy keane

The **** he aint. Barton is a pussy. He can give it but he cant take it. Karl Henry got him spot on.* Plus he aint half the player Keane was.

*'He (Barton) seems to think he's a bit of a player who puts his foot in. But I didn't see any of that from him. I saw him shoving players off the ball a lot.

'Me? I love getting stuck in. I enjoy these games. There wasn't too much quality, but I knew it was going to be physical with Alan Smith and him in there. I've got a lot of time for Smith. He was saying, "Well done, good battle", and he loves it. He loves getting tackled as much as he tackles.
'I'm the same, I love a good honest tackle. I don't mind getting tackled, either. But Barton was in the ref's ear all the time and not happy about getting put to the floor.

'We'll have more of the same when we go up to their place. He was even whining at the end.

RiiseAgainst
27-4-11, 12:31
Very talented footballer, but absolute scum.

Newcastle can keep him.

Ferret92
27-4-11, 12:31
I would boo him if he joined.

aRandomNameHere
27-4-11, 12:40
We've now been linked to about 50 players, I don't even read those articles any more.

ChriBS
27-4-11, 12:46

Please let them understand we don't want him :FP:

GeorgeLFC
27-4-11, 12:46
Somebody should be arrested for this rumour.

:D. Have some green

Gazza74
27-4-11, 12:47
I think this is called, "Running out of players to link Liverpool FC to".

Super-Mac-and-Fries
I feel sick, I will not be entering this thread again, his name and our great club's name should never be uttered in the same sentence. Horrible human being he that he is.

blaze31
You've got to laugh at the media, Liverpool FC has gone back to the old ways of 'lockdown' when news to be made Liverpool will make and break it to the public, so in the mean time storys will made up and published dont believe it people!

Phil-Babel
27-4-11, 12:50
At 28, isn't Joey Barton a bit too old for the FSG model?

I'm hoping this report is typical Sky nonsense... I'll never forgive Barton for his studs up foul on Xabi a few years back!

This.

I could understand if we were looking at a 28/29 year old if he was an exceptional player & was available for a knock down fee etc but buying Joey Barton makes no sence whatsoever!

He's 29 in September, he has one of the worst attitudes of any footballer on the planet & though he may be better than many people think due to his reputation preceding him he's not exactly going to improve our current squad.

Farontaur
27-4-11, 12:52
but isn't he 'The Best English Midfielder'? :D

Like others said, it's most likely just to be a 2+2=5 story.

cbetofop
27-4-11, 13:07
I'd rather we extended Poulsen's contract and played him very week as a holding midfielder / striker / wideman

bonou2
27-4-11, 13:09
I'D take him on The cheap anyday he would create a lot of chances. A squad player def take him I put it this way would you rather poulsen sitting on your bench or barton.

GeorgeLFC
27-4-11, 13:12
Its for times like these the 'Facepalm' was created. So

Fowi
27-4-11, 13:15
I'd rather have Hicks back.

Dilinja
27-4-11, 13:23

Then you, sir, are a moron.

Booing players is not the Liverpool way.

Unless of course its Diouf. He's a ****.

Ferret92
27-4-11, 13:27
Then you, sir, are a moron.

Booing players is not the Liverpool way.

Unless of course its Diouf. He's a ****.

I value a person more than what he can do on a football pitch. Joey Barton would never have my support.

Euro-77-78-81-84-05
27-4-11, 13:28
hes a bit like roy keane

Just without the world class ability.

nuggs
27-4-11, 13:30
he's a total weapon

Skip Bayless
27-4-11, 13:31
Well, you are joking aren't you.

Skip Bayless
27-4-11, 13:33
he's a total weapon

We should sign his cousin instead. I've heard he's a deadly attacker.

Too soon?

DanLFC92
27-4-11, 13:34
This would be opposed as much as the attemped signing of Lee Bowyer.

Thankfully though, I can't see it being true at all.

KopWaa
27-4-11, 13:35
Reds tracking Barton

....Liverpool are keeping tabs on Joey Barton's contract situation at Newcastle, skysports.com understands.

Barton's future at Newcastle has been the subject of speculation with the midfielder yet to agree a new deal at St James' Park.

The news has alerted a number of clubs to Barton's possible availability with both Aston Villa and West Ham credited with an interest in the former Manchester City man in the January transfer window.

Now Liverpool are believed to be tracking Barton following his superb season for Newcastle this term.

With Barton entering the final 12 months of his contract at Newcastle this summer, the midfielder would be an attractive proposition for Liverpool as he could be available for a cut-price fee.

The 28-year-old has been Newcastle's standout performer this season on their return to the Premier League and he is widely expected to scoop the club's Player of the Season award.

Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish is thought to be drawing up his list of transfer targets and Barton could figure on it due to his success in linking up with Reds striker Andy Carroll while the pair were together at Newcastle.

Barton was the provider of eight of Carroll's goals at Newcastle this season prior to his move to Anfield in January and Dalglish could look to reunite the pair as he tries to get the best out of his 35million signing next season.

Barton has excelled in his right-side midfield role this season and he could be the answer to Liverpool's problematic right-wing position by adding some creativity to the midfield.

. Scouser is good to have more in the squad but Barton is a liability and i wouldn't recommend him but if Kenny brings him in i'll support his decision because i think Barton possesses alot of ability.

Cwmbran Red
27-4-11, 13:41
If FSG took 10million out of our transfer budget just to shoot down Barton, that would be money well spent.

Chickenliver
27-4-11, 13:42
GOD PLEASE HELP US........NO!! NO!!NO!!NO.............PLEASE! :crying:crying

LordJamieOfCarragher
27-4-11, 13:42
Absolutely no chance.

LiverpoolOne
27-4-11, 13:43
Absolute liability who could single handedly destroy a changing room spirit.....no thankyou

Dilinja
27-4-11, 13:48
Absolutely no chance.

^This.

There is as much chance of us signing Joey Barton as there is of me winning the Euro Millions.

Which, incidentally, if I do I will spend ever penny of it to have him shipped back to Geordieville.

DidiDidIt
27-4-11, 13:50
I think he is brilliant and would be a quality signing and really unite the dressing room :fishing

Checkmate0x
27-4-11, 14:08
God Forbid

Jateca
27-4-11, 14:11
You can add infinite more No's if you would like...

There's no limit!

No no... No no, No No..... :D

SaberToothSuarez
27-4-11, 15:59
YES FINALLY THE MISSING PIECE IF THE PU....

I mean, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

slimman
27-4-11, 16:00
3 pages of no's i take it :D

#CavaniToLiverpool
27-4-11, 16:05
Get a ******* grip how many assists has he got this year, he links up brilliantly with Carroll, give him a chance hes a good player.

johnnyrocco
27-4-11, 16:06
this may be a controvesial opinion but.... NO NO NO and NO!

i hope he is a changed man and im all for second chances but NO thanks!

-CADS-
27-4-11, 16:07
Get a ******* grip how many assists has he got this year, he links up brilliantly with Carroll, give him a chance hes a good player.

This is why people don't want him - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhtH-NC6THM

welshypool
27-4-11, 16:08
mmm, so the jury is out on signing Barton then......

TwoDogsRichard
27-4-11, 16:08
It seems to me that the reasoning as such behind this rumour is the fact that Barton provided a number of assists for Andy Carroll at Newcastle. I am sure we are capable of finding other, better players who can do the same. Talk about clutching at straws to make up a story!

#CavaniToLiverpool
27-4-11, 16:52
This is why people don't want him - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhtH-NC6THM

Steven Gerrard assaulted someone in Southport in a bar

Andy Carroll beat up his girlfriend... and broke his teammates jaw

Need I say anymore. :confused:

#CavaniToLiverpool
27-4-11, 17:01

It's true! Can't believe I am getting negged for this :D

Steven Gerrard is a **** of a man. All you foreigners would never know what he is really like. (Told some little kid to ******* when he asked for an autograph once, horrible ***** **********!!) :FP:

-CADS-
27-4-11, 17:04

Barton has done it repeatedly and repeatedly. I truly hope he has sorted himself out and has stayed out of trouble for the best part of 18 months but you can't exactly be surprised that Reds fans aren't welcoming the links to an ex-criminal who spent time in jail for pure thuggery.

#CavaniToLiverpool
27-4-11, 17:07
Barton has done it repeatedly and repeatedly. I truly hope he has sorted himself out and has stayed out of trouble for the best part of 18 months but you can't exactly be surprised that Reds fans aren't welcoming the links to an ex-criminal who spent time in jail for pure thuggery.

To be fair to Barton, he gets targeted, same with Balotelli.

Jonny-Blaze
27-4-11, 17:08
This thread has reinforced my faith in humanity, 3 pages of no's, would be one of our saddest days if we ever purchased a player of Bartons character, but as has been said this is just BS

cookygarcia
27-4-11, 17:09
Damn Police, getting us to do their dirty work for them.

:D Marvellous.

To be fair to Barton, he gets targeted, same with Balotelli.
He does, but that's his own fault for having been a violent moron in the past. He's earned his reputation, nobody did it for him.

The loudest I have ever heard Arsenal fans sing (a rare occurrence) was when they gave Barton a rendition of "you're supposed to be in jail" after he got out.

As for Balotelli being targeted, he's busy targeting others with darts!

#CavaniToLiverpool
27-4-11, 17:14
As for Balotelli being targeted, he's busy targeting others with darts!

What exactly has Balotelli done wrong? He couldn't put a bib on... so ******* what I can't tie my laces. :confused:

RedBaros
27-4-11, 17:16
Reds tracking Barton

Good one :D lol

-CADS-
27-4-11, 17:17
What exactly has Balotelli done wrong? He couldn't put a bib on... so ******* what I can't tie my laces. :confused:

I hope your joking there.

The point is both Balotelli and Barton get targeted for a reason. One has a violent past whilst the other has an idiotic past and present (and likely future). Both idiots who have got publicity for all the wrong reasons. They deserve all of the negative publicity they attract.

MutantSpaceMonkeys
27-4-11, 17:19

When he is 'poised' to sign, then I'll worry!

cookygarcia
27-4-11, 17:19

Why am I not surprised about this? :D

As for what Balotelli has done wrong. Are you serious? I know the press blow things out of all proportion, but still, the kid clearly is a nutter. Chucking darts at youth team players because he was "bored", for starters?!

The point is both Balotelli and Barton get targeted for a reason. One has a violent past whilst the other has an idiotic past and present (and likely future). Both idiots who have got publicity for all the wrong reasons. They deserve all of the negative publicity they attract.

Exactly.

#CavaniToLiverpool
27-4-11, 17:20

I can now, learn't when I was like 13, but it was still a long time!

F.A. cup final, balotelli got murdered by the media for celebrating in front of the man utd fans... rio the **** ran over like a idiot and everything.

-CADS-
27-4-11, 17:22
I can now, learn't when I was like 13, but it was still a long time!

F.A. cup final, balotelli got murdered by the media for celebrating in front of the man utd fans... rio the **** ran over like a idiot and everything.

1) I learnt when I was 6 - does that make me a child prodigy? :confused:

2) Balotelli wasn't murdered in the press. It was clearly t*it for tat. Both him and Rio were as bad as each other.

RedXForever
27-4-11, 18:04
OMG, they must not even think of this. Surely we have learnt our lessons from the likes of Diouf.
Barton is a thug, and a mindless one at that. Please no, thank you.

LucasAintDancin
27-4-11, 18:07
He's 28.. FSG would never allow this.

SixStringLuke
27-4-11, 18:10
To be fair to Barton, he gets targeted

I know. Its really irritating that faces seemed to target his fists.....

and lit cigars....

We are not buying him. If we are tracking him, it is for our general protection while he's in the city.

Euro-77-78-81-84-05
27-4-11, 18:18
(Told some little kid to ******* when he asked for an autograph once

You was present I presume

I can now

You learnt how to with in six minutes, as six minutes before you said you couldn't, or are you some future version of yourself who's travel back in time.

F.A. cup final, balotelli got murdered by the media

Wow you have traveled from the future, as the FA Cup Final has not happend yet. Going to be an intresting game then, seeing a player getting murdered by the media.

He's 28.. FSG would never allow this.

Surely it's up to the manager whom he signs, and how old are our signings going to be, just seems everytime we get linked with someone he can't sign because he is too old for the criteria, but the age keeps going down, it's gone from over 30, to 30, to 29, to 28, soon we won't be able to sign candidates in young player of year, as they are too old. What is the age limit, and how comes we've tied up older players on extended contracts. Don't want us to sign Barton, but just everytime we are linked, it's oh they won't allow it as he is too old, shouldn't the manager be the person deciding this.

#CavaniToLiverpool
27-4-11, 18:30
You was present I presume

Wow you have traveled from the future, as the FA Cup Final has not happend yet. Going to be an intresting game then, seeing a player getting murdered by the media.

Yes, and ooops Semi*. :D

Euro-77-78-81-84-05
27-4-11, 18:32
So where and when did Stevie say that to the kid, and happened after that, why did Stevie say it, what did he do afterwards, and how did the kid respond.

cookygarcia
27-4-11, 18:41
Steven Gerrard is a **** of a man. All you foreigners would never know what he is really like.
Foreigners? What are you bleating about?

(Told some little kid to ******* when he asked for an autograph once, horrible ***** **********!!) :FP:
Sounds very un-Gerrardlike to me.

PurpleKoala
27-4-11, 19:03
I'd take him. I think Kenny Dalglish is the kind of person who could transform an utter ******* into a decent human being. I think Andy Carroll's days of being a bad boy are over now and he could probably do the same for Joey Barton. He is a top class player, he's just an ******** of a top class player.

MFJTS
27-4-11, 19:05
That man should never pull on our shirt. EVER.

Euro-77-78-81-84-05
27-4-11, 19:10
I think Andy Carroll's days of being a bad boy are over now

Cue frontpage headlines, that over shadow him facing his former club for the first time.

Target-Man
27-4-11, 19:15

That phrase really should figure in the textbook definition of "contradiction in terms".:D

JammyRodgers
27-4-11, 21:44
I would have no problem bringing Barton in. He needs dicipline but he's got passion and has played some good football this season. He would work very hard for the club as well too, being a scouser.

I wouldn't put it past Kenny to bring him here.

Graggster
27-4-11, 21:49
interesting

Eddes
27-4-11, 21:51
Hopefully just another cack story from the desperate media.

Barton is a disgrace and hopefully will never even be thought of as someone we would accept here.

Redhead
27-4-11, 22:02
I think these days the media have no idea what is happening with all matters Liverpool. They'll get nothing from Kenny or his backroom staff, nothing from Ian Ayre as he has no agenda against the manager and absolutely nothing from the owners.

Thus they scrape around the bottom of the barrel looking at things like 'Barton's not signed a new contract yet, where could he go? Yeh he's from Liverpool he'd go there' rubbish.

I see a return to the Liverpool way with Kenny. The media will hate it and we might not like it on here as we'll here nothing until the deal is done. Fact of the matter for me is I'm not bothered if top players come in and we'd heard nothing about it previous. Barton won't be one of them

ScouseSoxNation
27-4-11, 22:03
No way would Kenny sign that piece of s--t!

#CavaniToLiverpool
27-4-11, 22:05
Foreigners? What are you bleating about?

You know what I mean, the one's who believe what the papers\news say, and when the camera's was at Melwood, Gerrard always stopped, when they are not... :rolleyes:

LHunter
27-4-11, 22:08
:eek:No thanks

Mountainman
27-4-11, 22:20
I would have no problem bringing Barton in. He needs dicipline but he's got passion and has played some good football this season. He would work very hard for the club as well too, being a scouser.

I wouldn't put it past Kenny to bring him here.

I can see your point of view (assuming you are serious). I do agree he is not a bad footballer. But I seriously wonder if his mental state is just off one notch too much.

BVA
27-4-11, 22:26
Not interested in having him here, he's only one step above diouf in the lowlife stakes.

Batfink
27-4-11, 23:01
This made me feel nearly as sick as the day I saw Lee Bowyer at Melwood for a medical.

I hope this is all just rubbish and gets nowhere near even being talked about, let alone personal terms being discussed and a medical being done:FP:

Bababenitez
27-4-11, 23:02
It would be a huge gamble...

But...

If it paid off it could be a bargain!

The lad has a lot of baggage and he's a blue-nose

But ....

He's very talented and has had a cracking season and hasn't been in too much trouble of late...

If anyone can handle him, get the best out of him and put him in line I think Sir King Kenny can...

Playing out on the right and delivering quality crosses for Carrol would be a real asset so long as he doesn't lose his head

danm77
27-4-11, 23:06
Really hope it's not true...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1381297/Joey-Barton-5m-target-Liverpool-boss-Kenny-Dalglish.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish is considering a 5million move for Newcastle midfielder Joey Barton.

Dalglish has long followed the 28-year-old's progress and, while he recognises such a move would be controversial, he believes Barton's ability merits serious consideration.

Dalglish wants to bring in around six signings this summer, with Blackburn's Phil Jones, Blackpool's Charlie Adam, Aston Villa's Ashley Young and Stewart Downing and Ipswich's Connor Wickham among his targets.

He is keen to return a strong British identity to the squad and sees room for Barton's feisty style.

The Liverpudlian has not always endeared himself to the Anfield faithful. He was sent off for a lunge at Xabi Alonso on his last visit and clashed with Fernando Torres during Newcastle's 3-1 home victory over Liverpool last December.

But Dalglish feels Barton could add an edge to his side and help bring the best out of 35m record signing Andy Carroll.

Barton, who will have 12 months left on his contract at St James' Park by the summer, set up eight goals for the England striker in his time at Newcastle.

Simonnnnn
28-4-11, 00:03
robbie9fowler robbie fowler
if the king wants joey barton then we all want him.... end of discussion

twitter.

redmankev
28-4-11, 00:22
Id rather Warren Barton lol:p:p

Rifatul
28-4-11, 00:24
robbie9fowler robbie fowler
if the king wants joey barton then we all want him.... end of discussion

twitter.

true that, who r we to argue if the king wants him?

'Stim
28-4-11, 00:25
I'd much rather Kevin Nolan; although I think the story about Barton has no legs. We're gonna be linked with dozens of players.

Me too, He's a very good underrated player and would come into our club totally seamlessly. I've got alot of time for Nolan,good honest committed tough player. I can't see Barton even being thought about for very long,he just doesn't fit the owners criteria. I would imagine Kenny would laugh at the suggestion for a bit,then say no thanks. Let's face it,Mr Barton is an ASBO with boots on.

JammyRodgers
28-4-11, 00:27
I can see your point of view (assuming you are serious). I do agree he is not a bad footballer. But I seriously wonder if his mental state is just off one notch too much.

It would be a bit of a gamble but if his aggression can be controlled in a similar way to Wayne Rooney is managed at Manur, he'll be usefull. I'm serious.

Ganymede
28-4-11, 10:21

Morsy
28-4-11, 10:36
Kenny know's alot less about football then we think i he buys Barton for are right wing. Actually just don't buy him at all!! PLEASE let this be bull!

whis
28-4-11, 10:37
NO NO NO!

That is all.

#CavaniToLiverpool
28-4-11, 11:01
Me too, He's a very good underrated player and would come into our club totally seamlessly. I've got alot of time for Nolan,good honest committed tough player. I can't see Barton even being thought about for very long,he just doesn't fit the owners criteria. I would imagine Kenny would laugh at the suggestion for a bit,then say no thanks. Let's face it,Mr Barton is an ASBO with boots on.

Why not both? (Barton & Nolan) add a bit of depth to the squad, both would qualify as homegrown as well, Barton, Nolan and Enrique from Newcastle... after taking Carroll there would be murder! :D

I'm all for Barton and Nolan being here, as well as Parker and Charlie Adam, the smaller the name, the more you get from them. :scarf

EDIT: As for Barton being a convict, if Chris Hughton can get him playing well, imagine what the King can do?

AlexPenn83
28-4-11, 11:07
Can't believe what I'm reading from some of you guys!!! :eek: :eek:

Bringing in Barton would be an absolute disaster. I'll never forgive him for that tackle against Alonso a few years back. An absolute disgrace. There are many more players in this world than thugs like him.

bagaante
28-4-11, 11:13
this had better be rubbish, he has done very well this season, but if hes the callibre we are aiming for then i suggest we sell suarez /caroll / reina ect now as we will not be winning anything anytime soon

we simply have to aim higher, hes a dirty thug aside from anything else, id struggle to think of many players (who dont have nevilles rat genes) id rather us not sign any less

Ruzo
28-4-11, 12:44
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

If anything just for crippling Xabi when he was playing a blinder in the Newcastle game. He is a 1st class *****.

anfieldbound
28-4-11, 12:48
I hope LFC do not sign Barton; LFC does not need a player with his kind of attitude at our club.

Having said the above, I trust LFC WILL NEVER CONTEMPLATE signing Barton.

YNWA

Cwmbran Red
28-4-11, 12:48
The names Barton and Liverpool don't mix. :(

Alon1
28-4-11, 12:50
is this a joke? i cant find any reason to sign that ********

GeorgeLFC
28-4-11, 12:51
This! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc)

Cwmbran Red
28-4-11, 12:55
----------NO---------

NO----NO----NO----NO
----------NO----------
-------NO----NO------
--NO--------------NO-
----------NO----------

Subs: NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO

There is no way Barton's getting in our team.

Euro-77-78-81-84-05
28-4-11, 13:30
That team is NO good, too many similar players.

slammy102
28-4-11, 13:31
That team is NO good, too many similar players.

They'd have to letter the shirts NO.1 NO.2, etc

cookygarcia
28-4-11, 14:01
----------NO---------

NO----NO----NO----NO
----------NO----------
-------NO----NO------
--NO--------------NO-
----------NO----------

Subs: NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO

brummiered01
28-4-11, 14:03
I've always thought he was a good player, but he's a total nob.

Imagine Gerrard, Carroll and Barton out on the town together?!

JammitLFC
28-4-11, 14:25
Wasn't this rumour started by the media saying Kenny and camolli were watching him play in their last game or something? Because they would be watching them in prep for our game anyway :-s

AlessoAfrojackAvicii
28-4-11, 21:07
I think Kenny would sort Barton right out. Lets be honest do you really think Barton would want to risk *********** King Kenny off? I think he would be scared.

irishYNWA
28-4-11, 21:09
Barton is a good player and would be a good signing if he wasnt such a head-case. We dont need to sign players that have been involved in more than a few discipine issues.

Fowi
28-4-11, 21:11
People are focusing too much on his personality. Apart from that he's no better than any of the midfielders we have at the club, except Poulsen at a push.

Jean-Ralphio
28-4-11, 21:12
I think Kenny would sort Barton right out. Lets be honest do you really think Barton would want to risk *********** King Kenny off? I think he would be scared.

He's 28 and hasn't really matured at all.
Shame really, quality player...

Not really much of an improvement on what we have regardless. I don't see where he would fit in.

HerrKlopp
28-4-11, 21:15
Well he is England's maybe even the world's best midfielder. But maybe he want to play under Sam Allardyce in Inter or Real Madrid.

But all dry jokes aside, we don't want Barton and I'm sure he doesn't want to come to us either.

AlessoAfrojackAvicii
28-4-11, 21:17
He's 28 and hasn't really matured at all.
Shame really, quality player...

Not really much of an improvement on what we have regardless. I don't see where he would fit in.

Completely agree with you mate, I think Barton is an okay player but we have similar players if not better players. If he came here I wouldn't question Kenny's decision though.

Graggster
28-4-11, 21:36
it wouldnt surprise me if dalglish signed him..

hes the most underated midfeilder in the prem

Redhead
28-4-11, 21:43
Completely agree with you mate, I think Barton is an okay player but we have similar players if not better players. If he came here I wouldn't question Kenny's decision though.

In this instance I would question Kenny. The man is a total liability, I remember an interview he done a year or two back with the BBC (I think) and he spoke of a higher calling in life than football.

I also think a move back to his native Merseyside would be a disaster both for himself and Liverpool FC. Personally I don't think he's good enough for Liverpool, and I also believe there would be many people in the region who would bring out the worst aspects of his character and send him on a self destructive path. Not even Kenny could protect him from this.

Vern1325
25-5-11, 13:36
Newcastle will not be offering star midfielder Joey Barton a new contract.

Would you sign him?

I wouldn't !

:scarf:scarf

Japlin
25-5-11, 13:37
Nahh, just causes trouble and unnecessary controversy wherever he goes.

PHIL.
25-5-11, 13:38
Noooooo.

LucasAintDancin
25-5-11, 13:39
:rolleyes:

SweetSilverSeven
25-5-11, 13:40
Would prefer him over Charlie Adam :IN:

Kloppos-Reds
Nope. Too old and has a shady character imho.

-Gola-

SuperSpeedy
25-5-11, 13:42
it wouldnt surprise me if dalglish signed him..

hes the most underated midfeilder in the prem

He's English, of course he's good :)

carlfitz07
25-5-11, 13:44
Would Man utd, Chelsea or Arsenal go in for him? not a chance, besides being trouble he's not of the required standard if we want to challenge the top 4 imo.

WineForMyMen
25-5-11, 13:44

Don't just stop there...envisage both :eek:

Dave00
25-5-11, 13:45
People are focusing too much on his personality. Apart from that he's no better than any of the midfielders we have at the club, except Poulsen at a push.

:D Spot on actually.

Ferret92
25-5-11, 13:46
Don't do this to me again.

Super-Mac-and-Fries
25-5-11, 13:47
First signs of the Newcastle team imploding on itself?...........again

Seanosdelgardo
25-5-11, 13:50

Balls. The mans an utter ****, but he's a very good footballer.

0oRallo0
25-5-11, 13:51
he can **** off with his 50's long fringe the little animal.

sabretoothluis
25-5-11, 13:52
ohh **** off not this again

PrinceOfSwing
25-5-11, 13:52
Can this thread **** off.

WineForMyMen
25-5-11, 13:55
What with clubs getting relegated and all, anyone interested in making it a midfield trio

--------------Bowyer-------------
------Adam-----------Barton------

?

RiiseAgainst
25-5-11, 14:08

This.

sabretoothluis
25-5-11, 14:10
Delete this ******* thread

Gazza74
25-5-11, 14:11
What with clubs getting relegated and all, anyone interested in making it a midfield trio

--------------Bowyer-------------
------Adam-----------Barton------

?

Why do you put Adam in with Barton and Bowyer?

You don't rate Adam, but do you have to be so ridiculous?

In terms of this link, it's the biggest case of journo 2+2=5 nonsense i've ever read.

We have Carroll, Barton crossed some balls to him last season, we must be buying Barton.

If journalism is that easy i think i'll take it up.:D

RogerHuntelaar
25-5-11, 14:13

Hmm, very good is an exaggeration, imo.

I found it hilarious when he wound up the Kop. :D

WineForMyMen
25-5-11, 14:15
Why do you put Adam in with Barton and Bowyer?

You don't rate Adam, but do you have to be so ridiculous?

In terms of this link, it's the biggest case of journo 2+2=5 nonsense i've ever read.

We have Carroll, Barton crossed some balls to him last season, we must be buying Barton.

If journalism is that easy i think i'll take it up.:D

Matty Jarvis on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing...

:scarf

ooooooh ooooooh oooooooh
we've got the best midfield in the world oh!
joey barton...

Jetset
25-5-11, 14:20

This^^

and this^^

-SP7-
25-5-11, 14:24
It is so funny how angry everyone gets over Barton :D

Imagine if he came!

Also, why won't they be signing him up? He has been one of their best players.

-LIAMLFC1988-
25-5-11, 14:27
Good footballer but a complete imbecile so no thankyou. although i do think that every team needs an ******* (we have suarez) :scarf joey barton is beyond an ******* he is really messed up and would cause problems.

GeorgeLFC
25-5-11, 14:32
First Hargreaves now Barton jesus christ!!! :FP:

BoDiddley
25-5-11, 14:54
It is so funny how angry everyone gets over Barton :D

Imagine if he came!

Also, why won't they be signing him up? He has been one of their best players.

I agree with your post and in support will say this : ~

Anyone who understands the football dynamic and who's watched Liverpool for the past couple of years - ever since we NEARLY won the premier league but didn't - would understand that we are collectively not mentally strong enough to push on and win things. Maybe the odd cup here and there, and I include the champion's league in that, but the premier league ? forget it ! Arsenal are a tougher proposition than us.

Many on here think the answer to these problems is Aquilani - do me a favour, the man is as tough as a wet sheet of cardboard - when what we really need is something altogether more robust. We need a winner. A Souness, a Jimmy Case, a Tommy Smith.

Or, in the modern game, a Joey Barton.

Fool yourself not into believing that Kenny will somehow get the likes of Aquilani powder stuffing around the pitch. Ye know not the man !
There is every, and all, likelihood in my humble view that we will be buying Barton in the not too distant future - watch this space - and don't worry, I won't mind if you forget I told you so !

PurpleKoala
25-5-11, 14:58

Anyone who understands the football dynamic and who's watched Liverpool for the past couple of years - ever since we NEARLY won the premier league but didn't - would understand that we are collectively not mentally strong enough to push on and win things. Maybe the odd cup here and there, and I include the champion's league in that, but the premier league ? forget it ! Arsenal are a tougher proposition than us.

Many on here think the answer to these problems is Aquilani - do me a favour, the man is as tough as a wet sheet of cardboard - when what we really need is something altogether more robust. We need a winner. A Souness, a Jimmy Case, a Tommy Smith.

Fool yourself not into believing that Kenny will somehow get the likes of Aquilani powder stuffing around the pitch. Ye know not the man !
There is every, and all, likelihood in my humble view that we will be buying Barton in the not too distant future - watch this space - and don't worry, I won't mind if you forget I told you so !

People's conception of these fancy footed Spanish, Italian or Brazilian players is astounding. Just because his name ends in -inho or -ico or whatever doesn't mean he's a great player or that he's going to be great for us. Sometimes you need someone who is going to get down and dirty. That's why I advocate British players alot more than foreign talent. They're more likely to give you a ******* fight, more than Spanish hitmen will for example.

Just for the record I agree with you.

WineForMyMen
25-5-11, 15:01
Sometimes you need someone who is going to get down and dirty.

:confused:

WineForMyMen
25-5-11, 15:02
People's conception of these fancy footed Spanish, Italian or Brazilian players is astounding. Just because his name ends in -inho or -ico or whatever doesn't mean he's a great player or that he's going to be great for us. Sometimes you need someone who is going to get down and dirty. That's why I advocate British players alot more than foreign talent. They're more likely to give you a ******* fight, more than Spanish hitmen will for example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EbPsK6shaQ

PurpleKoala
:confused:

:rolleyes:

BoDiddley

Hurrah !

Let us dance tha May-Pole together !

19-UNDER-[B-ROD]
25-5-11, 15:03
Sometimes you need someone who is going to get down and dirty...

Come on man, lets not bring your bird into the conversation hey!

We need to have a little respect on here.

Simonnnnn
25-5-11, 15:04

Agree with this. If anyone could tame him i can imagine it would be Kenny and Barton has sorted his act out a little...

koptonite
Is Barton's agent trying to raise his salary by making up rumours..

Liverpoolforme
Why not after all he is the best English midfielder in the world right now....:rolleyes::FP:

Dave00
25-5-11, 15:06

Bo i agree with most of that and yes a Joey Barton type of player would be an asset to our squad, just not THE Joey Barton please.

--Craig--
25-5-11, 15:14

There's a difference between a tough player and Joey Barton though. I agree we definitely do need one or two hard cases. We do have some right nice boy fairies in our side and it needs balancing out. But Barton isnt just a hard tackler that'll get under the oppositions skin. He's a genuine nailed on psycho and if he joined us he's just as likely to give Lucas a smack as someone on the other team.

And this "Oh Kenny will control him" is nonsense. Barton wouldn't give a **** who Kenny is when he's in one of his red mist modes.

PurpleKoala
25-5-11, 15:25
There's a difference between a tough player and Joey Barton though. I agree we definitely do need one or two hard cases. We do have some right nice boy fairies in our side and it needs balancing out. But Barton isnt just a hard tackler that'll get under the oppositions skin. He's a genuine nailed on psycho and if he joined us he's just as likely to give Lucas a smack as someone on the other team.

And this "Oh Kenny will control him" is nonsense. Barton wouldn't give a **** who Kenny is when he's in one of his red mist modes.

To be fair I wasn't backing Barton although I think he is a top quality player. And I wasn't saying we need hard men as such, more that we need someone with a tough streak who will fight tooth and nail. Players like Suarez, Agger, Carragher, Gerrard, Carroll, Kuyt.

I agree he is, as you quite rightly put it, a "nailed on psycho" (hahaha) and it will be difficult to control him, but as players get older they calm down, grow up and get on with the game instead. I also think Kenny would be able to control him to a greater degree, he didn't really cause that much trouble this season did he?

Either way I don't particularly want him lol.

LLS
25-5-11, 15:36
OptaJoe - 5 - No player assisted more goals (5) or created more goalscoring chances (41) from set pieces in the PL in 2010/11 than Joey Barton. Bibs.

Better off with him than Adam then... :eek:

Paullfc1976
25-5-11, 16:42

Agreed. Although I am a bit perturbed as to why you'd single out Lucas as to the one getting a punch; it could be anybody when it comes to that thug.

RedKite
25-5-11, 16:44
This is just pure and utter nonsence.

Not so very pure really. Just utter.

Raphaelthe2nd
25-5-11, 17:05
Complete drivel imo, why would we want a player who might disrupt the harmony Kenny has just restored?

BoDiddley
25-5-11, 18:44
Complete drivel imo, why would we want a player who might disrupt the harmony Kenny has just restored?

Exactly !

We need a player to ruffle those feathers

You think King Kenny don't know that ? Me neither !

Fleems
25-5-11, 18:48
There's being a mentally strong, tough player, and then there's just being a ****. Barton is a ****. Swerve that.

LordJamieOfCarragher
25-5-11, 18:50
Reds tracking Barton

Does this mean he's got an electronic tag on his ankle?

Liverdinner
25-5-11, 18:51
Reds tracking Barton

bitches

I referenced that joke on the first page

Jean-Ralphio
25-5-11, 18:54
Pointless even mentioning his attitude. Good player but not what we need, wouldn't be a first-teamer either.

Jean-Ralphio
25-5-11, 18:55
Reds tracking Barton

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v672/jordanmacdonald07/Fatboy_reacts.gif

Gazza74
25-5-11, 18:56
There's more chance of the world ending last Saturday than us signing Barton.

Gerrardinho5
25-5-11, 18:57
I think I'd lock myself in a dark cell and never contact the outside world again if that scumbag signed.

Just the thought of it:FP:

KeemI
25-5-11, 19:09
He's English, of course he's good :)

I hate you,but this is your first post I have ever lol'ed at and might be the last.;)

SCHNAPP
31-5-11, 19:54
Everyone on Rawk are saying we have agreed a fee for him.

danm77
31-5-11, 19:55
Please no

Chickenliver
31-5-11, 19:56
He's a toss pot and i would never love him here and that's a promise!!

ShortSkrts
31-5-11, 19:56
I most certainly hope not!

Don't want that scum anywhere near my beloved LFC!

Benny-Noons-Ghost
31-5-11, 19:57
Dear Lord no! :eek:

We don't even have anywhere to play him?!

SCHNAPP
31-5-11, 19:58
Just what we need to wreck our team spirit. :mad:

Venantium
31-5-11, 19:59
I would be so ********** off if we signed that ****.

He wouldnt get my backing, no way.

PrinceOfSwing
31-5-11, 19:59
Christ, I'm not joking when I'm saying we fans shouldn't allow this. Plus, his attitude towards this club has always been sick, this had better be a dumbass rumour.

WindyShepherdHenderson
31-5-11, 20:00
Kenny isn't that stupid. Is he?

NeggedNuTs
31-5-11, 20:02
YES!!! hes got a nack in finding Carroll! i know many of you dont want him here, but i do! i think its a good thing to have a sort of bad boy in the team. if im not wrong, i think Barton assisted 8 of Carrolls goals for nufc this season. how many who went Barton-Carroll-Nolan, i do not know

LLS
31-5-11, 20:02
Created more assists and goal scoring chances from free kicks than Adam did this season...

:eek:

beniboi
31-5-11, 20:03
he is a decent player to be honest but he is an utter nutter so no thankyou

SweetSilverSeven
31-5-11, 20:07
He's a toss pot and i would never love him here and that's a promise!!
You'd change your mind once he scores a late winner against the Manures at OT :IN:

Chickenliver
31-5-11, 20:08
YES!!! hes got a nack in finding Carroll! i know many of you dont want him here, but i do! i think its a good thing to have a sort of bad boy in the team. if im not wrong, i think Barton assisted 8 of Carrolls goals for nufc this season. how many who went Barton-Carroll-Nolan, i do not know

So the only reason it's a good idea is because he's good for Carroll?

LordJamieOfCarragher
31-5-11, 20:09
RAWK knows nothing. ;)

Chickenliver
You'd change your mind once he scores a late winner against the Manures at OT :IN:

Sorry no i wouldn't

biggiemal
It's taken me this time to remove the memory of Diouf's time here... :(

Not good.

Let's hope it's one of RAWK's yearly 'jokes' on the media who print web-planted rumours :fc:

biggiemal
31-5-11, 20:10
It's taken me this time to remove the memory of Diouf's time here... :(

Damn...:FP:

NeggedNuTs
31-5-11, 20:11
So the only reason it's a good idea is because he's good for Carroll?

hes also a bad boy. but seriously, i like him, and if the king wants him, whats to argue? Kenny has many ties up north, im sure he knows what he is doing

SweetSilverSeven
31-5-11, 20:11
I kinda agree with you!
Sorta like Suarez to a lesser extent!

bringxabihome
31-5-11, 20:12
wasn't he accused of stubbing a cigarette in a trainee's face when he was at man city (paper talk).
Some of his challenges make me sick so no thankyou from me

:mad: that we should even be linked to him

Graggster
so be it.. gets the best out of carrol

JaneWarby
Isn't Carrol living in his house??

Could be cozy if true!

kopitejim
31-5-11, 20:13
On pure football talent, he's good enough.

Bewdleyfan
31-5-11, 20:13
Hmmm, this is an odd one if true. He had a very good season and despite showing progression in terms of his behaviour, he was still prone to moments of immaturity and idiocy.

Obviously he and Carroll have a great understanding, perhaps Kenny wants to utilise this.

adriano8
31-5-11, 20:15
I've been following him on Twitter and he's surprisingly articulate. Doesn't come across as the mentalist seen on CCTV that time. He's off the booze now and spends a lot of time looking after his horses.

He'll never be an angel but talent wise he's got enough to do a job I think. It's whether or not being near his old haunts could have a negative effect.

Chickenliver
31-5-11, 20:15
hes also a bad boy. but seriously, i like him, and if the king wants him, whats to argue? Kenny has many ties up north, im sure he knows what he is doing

Playing football is more important than being a bad boy, It's just a rumor he's not what we should be looking for. He's a blue and hates LFC he's said so enough.

LLS
31-5-11, 20:17
With the combination of Barton, Carroll and Suarez we'd be the most hated team in the land.

Opposition fans would be unable to chant anything from midway through the first half onwards for their vocal chords will be broken due to all the booing of Barton, Carroll and Suarez.

For the last 60 minutes of each game it will be as if we've tamed the crowd, giving the team a huge boost of confidence.

Perhaps this is Kenny's plan?

kop96lfc
31-5-11, 20:17
He's the best midfielder in England , if not Europe > I satrted a thread on here which was a disaster i'm not drugged off my face anymore and i don;t want to sign Barton.

LLS
31-5-11, 20:18
Kenny should also buy N'Zogbia and Taylor, just to see what will happen.

-Bodie-
31-5-11, 20:19
He's the best midfielder in England , if not Europe > I satrted a thread on here which was a disaster i'm not drugged off my face anymore and i don;t want to sign Barton.

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/11/7/128705879592599956.jpg

Graggster
31-5-11, 20:19
I've been following him on Twitter and he's surprisingly articulate. Doesn't come across as the mentalist seen on CCTV that time. He's off the booze now and spends a lot of time looking after his horses.

He'll never be an angel but talent wise he's got enough to do a job I think. It's whether or not being near his old haunts could have a negative effect.

He does come across very well whenever ive seen him in an interview.. more so than most players

yet you just know he can change any moment..

Im willing to give him a chance if Kenny is.. Hes certainly not a bad player.

kop96lfc
31-5-11, 20:20
http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/11/7/128705879592599956.jpg

NO not joking , although only Joey himself believes this to be true.

SCHNAPP
31-5-11, 20:22
Maybe Kenny wants more Scouse players? Hence being linked with him and Baines?

Otherwise I really can't see the benefit in signing him.

Where would he play?

Graggster
31-5-11, 20:23
Maybe Kenny wants more Scouse players? Hence being linked with him and Baines?

Otherwise I really can't see the benefit in signing him.

Where would he play?

right mid with Downing on the left.

kop96lfc
31-5-11, 20:23
He does like Arcade Fire so thats a bownie point in my book, not sure if that makes up for being a drunk egotistical, lunatic with G.B.H tendencies and a very inconsitant footballer.

NeggedNuTs
31-5-11, 20:25
He's a blue and hates LFC he's said so enough.

sure about that? ive read he tried out for us but didnt get a deal before he went to everton, i could be wrong

WindyShepherdHenderson
31-5-11, 20:27
Horrible ****. Really hope there's nothing to this.

SweetSilverSeven
31-5-11, 20:28
With the combination of Barton, Carroll and Suarez we'd be the most hated team in the land.

Opposition fans would be unable to chant anything from midway through the first half onwards for their vocal chords will be broken due to all the booing of Barton, Carroll and Suarez.

For the last 60 minutes of each game it will be as if we've tamed the crowd, giving the team a huge boost of confidence.

Perhaps this is Kenny's plan?Haha!! :D:D

-SP7-
31-5-11, 20:30
Oh my life

URS
31-5-11, 20:32
Playing football is more important than being a bad boy, It's just a rumor he's not what we should be looking for. He's a blue and hates LFC he's said so enough.

I read an article long time ago, he was asked who he supported as a boy and he said "Liverpool, who else to support?"

FinnanFOREngland
31-5-11, 20:33
He could be the best player in the world and Joey Barton would still be the person I want least at LFC... really hope its not true

the-las
31-5-11, 20:34
If Im honest I wouldnt be adverse to having barton in our squad, he's scouse, he will give 100 percent and certainly possess quality.

AGeddesRed
31-5-11, 20:35
Is this the reported signing that's got Pepe to commit his future to the club? :IN:

keadyboy
31-5-11, 20:38
would add a nice bit of fight and quality to our midfield, he is a good player and maybe the lad knows that it is time he done something good in his career.

Tiggy2
31-5-11, 20:38
Gerrard, Carroll, Diouf, Keane, Balotelli - I can't imagine any of them (allegedly) stubbing a lit cigar into the eye of a team mate.

Mario comes closest with the darts prank but the former offence has an air of psychopathy.

Fowi
31-5-11, 20:39
Absolute disaster on so many levels. It would make me wanna puke at everybody at our club.

LiverpoolOne
31-5-11, 20:40
Would you really trust him to be worthy of the famous Red shirt and not embarass us a some point.......I think not.

NeggedNuTs
31-5-11, 20:42
Would you really trust him to be worthy of the famous Red shirt and not embarass us a some point.......I think not.

couldnt be worse than our christmas party years back...

WineForMyMen
31-5-11, 20:44
Fair to say this is a very big risk and I'm very uncertain about it, but no way near as against him as some on here.

He certainly has a bit about him in the brains department. 10 GCSEs and he was prepared to criticise the England football team and 'superstar' culture. That alone, makes him a bit special in one positive way at least.

And he's an improvement on either Poulsen or Spearing.

But still...I'm not sure.

Chickenliver
31-5-11, 20:45
sure about that? ive read he tried out for us but didnt get a deal before he went to everton, i could be wrong

He was rejected by Everton at 14.

How did it feel to be rejected by Everton at 14?
"It was really tough, horrible, but there was a scout at Everton, Barry Pointin, who had gone to City, and when Everton released me he phoned me that same night. I was gutted for about an hour and then I got the phone call. But I was still disappointed to be deemed a failure and rejected by the club I’d supported as a boy. I hated that feeling"Four Four Two interview

http://fourfourtwo.com/interviews/qanda/35/article.aspx

BoDiddley
31-5-11, 20:45
Absolute disaster on so many levels. It would make me wanna puke at everybody at our club.

Over-reaction~ammundo

Barton is exactly what's needed.
We ain't no judge and much less no jury
Tommy Smith, Jimmy Case, Graham Souness

Bring on Barton !

WineForMyMen
31-5-11, 20:46

Keep Poulsen, Barton left-wing, Diouf on the right, poach Bowyer from Brum now...

-Gola-
31-5-11, 20:46
Would seriously make me wanna cry

Don't think I've been this against a player joining our great club

Barton is scum end of

NeggedNuTs
31-5-11, 20:48
He was rejected by Everton at 14.

How did it feel to be rejected by Everton at 14?
"It was really tough, horrible, but there was a scout at Everton, Barry Pointin, who had gone to City, and when Everton released me he phoned me that same night. I was gutted for about an hour and then I got the phone call. But I was still disappointed to be deemed a failure and rejected by the club Id supported as a boy. I hated that feeling"Four Four Two interview

http://fourfourtwo.com/interviews/qanda/35/article.aspx

ok, so was Carra

Tiggy2
If the purpose of the article was to stir up emotion then it has succeeded.

What a crock.

I would sooner we paid United 45million for Bebe.

kop96lfc
is there any thinks to where this is being discussed on RAWK .

BoDiddley
31-5-11, 20:50
is there any thinks to where this is being discussed on RAWK .

are you a telephonist ?