PDA

View Full Version : Maxi, Maxi, Maxi...

Benny-Noons-Ghost
9-5-11, 20:06
Well, only 5 minutes into the Fulham game, and he's scored 5 goals in his last 3 games..

A lot of fans have said that he should go in the summer, but should he?

Yes, he might not be the quickest, but he does seem to have a habit of popping up in the right place - I certainly think attacking football suits his game an awful lot more.

IMO we should be looking to keep him as a squad player - he's come in and done fantastically well lately.

No point in selling everyone to replace them - gone are the days of having to sell to buy. We need to keep some players for backup - and Maxi should be one of them IMO, given his recent revival.

EDIT: Lulz make that 2 for Maxi and 6 in 3 games :D

-CADS-
9-5-11, 20:09
Is he the Messiah? He is the Messiah!

cherry-picker
9-5-11, 20:09
make that 6

your ninja edit has made me look foolish, bu ti dont care :)

-SP7-
9-5-11, 20:10
Surely worth keeping in the squad... Especially as him lucas and luis are good 'mates. It shows.

Maudes77
7-6-12, 18:20
Best of Luck.

YNWA

domino
7-6-12, 18:21
Only Maxi thread I could find because the search is ***** and I don;t want to wait for a thread to be approved.

Looks like he's going back to Argentina with Newell's Old Boys.

elharv2012
7-6-12, 18:22
Just seen a report that Maxi is going back to Argentina

-SilkySkills-
7-6-12, 18:23
A better version of kuyt

ein92
Only Maxi thread I could find because the search is ***** and I don;t want to wait for a thread to be approved.

Ah well that was expected. He's been a good short term solution for us, thank you Maxi and good luck!

50P-WSTB-Head

He was always going to leave this summer.

loobert

nooooooo! i totally rate him! I fear this may be the start of a mini exodus... God, i hope not!

InsomniacOlympics
7-6-12, 18:24
Anyone know if its confirmed?

Maudes77
7-6-12, 18:25
http://www.thisisanfield.com/2012/06/maxi-rodriguez-follows-kuyt-out-of-anfield-door/

LucasAintDancin
7-6-12, 18:26
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5e9nnAKyz3w

:(

BoDiddley
7-6-12, 18:26
Nobody knows what B-Rod will do.
Who he'll favour, who he'll ditch
Will he be allowed to ditch the big-money signings ?
Sit them in the stands, or sell them at a big loss ?
Or will he be forced to play them ?

I'd have thought that Maxi was the type of intelligent, technique driven footballer that B-Rod would appreciate,
but hey, what do I know ?

InsomniacOlympics
7-6-12, 18:27
Nobody knows what B-Rod will do.
Who he'll favour, who he'll ditch
Will he be allowed to ditch the big-money signings ?
Sit them in the stands, or sell them at a big loss ?
Or will he be forced to play them ?

I'd have thought that Maxi was the type of intelligent, technique driven footballer that B-Rod would appreciate,
but hey, what do I know ?

Maxi wanted to go home, he's wanted to go back to Argentina for a while now.

He even said goodbye via twitter after the last game of the season.

Has nothing to do with Rodgers.

ManCrushOnCoutinho
7-6-12, 18:28
Aww I'm going to miss Maxi. Good luck to him.

InsomniacOlympics
7-6-12, 18:28
Good luck to Maxi! YNWA

LucasAintDancin
7-6-12, 18:29
In all truth this makes sense.

BoDiddley
7-6-12, 18:31
Maxi wanted to go home, he's wanted to go back to Argentina for a while now.

He even said goodbye via twitter after the last game of the season.

Has nothing to do with Rodgers.

He wants to go home because he's been shafted

Although I agree, that's nothing to do with Rodgers

Vortigen
7-6-12, 18:33
In all truth this makes sense.

Yeah, it's sad, but Inevitable. I'm just dying to see who we replace Dirk and Maxi with.

Kloppette
7-6-12, 18:34

He said it before the start of last season

LucasAintDancin
7-6-12, 18:34
Yeah, it's sad, but Inevitable. I'm just dying to see who we replace Dirk and Maxi with.

I've a good feeling on Adam Johnson.

Bewdleyfan
7-6-12, 18:35
Great player for us.

2011/2012 - 21 games/17 starts - 6 goals 2 assists
2010/2011 - 32 games/27 starts - 10 goals 0 assists
2009/2010 - 17 games/14 starts - 1 goal 3 assists

In 70 games (58 starts) he has scored 17 goals and claimed 5 assists. Not bad at all.

InsomniacOlympics
7-6-12, 18:35

Why can't he just want to go home? Does it always have to some conspiracy with you?

Vortigen
7-6-12, 18:36
I've a good feeling on Adam Johnson.

He keeps popping up on here, but I'm just not convinced. He hasn't impressed me this season. Granted, he's rarely played, but still. I would think if he was good enough, Mancini would have gotten more use out of him.

SuperLucas108
7-6-12, 18:37
I hate it when our cult heroes leave. Why can't they just be constantly on form and "favoured".

InsomniacOlympics
7-6-12, 18:37
He keeps popping up on here, but I'm just not convinced. He hasn't impressed me this season. Granted, he's rarely played, but still. I would think if he was good enough, Mancini would have gotten more use out of him.

I don't mind Johnson, but he's not worth more than £12m.

cperchard
7-6-12, 18:38
I thought this was obvious to everyone?? His wave on his last game of the season was pretty conclusive! Good luck maxi!!

BoDiddley
7-6-12, 18:38
Why can't he just want to go home? Does it always have to some conspiracy with you?

what conspiracy ?

he clearly isn't wanted by Liverpool as seen by his treatment last season, so like Kuyt, he wants to move on
There's no conspiracy - he was consostently dropped to justify silly spending on players that are not as good
Of course he wants out

InsomniacOlympics
7-6-12, 18:43
what conspiracy ?

he clearly isn't wanted by Liverpool as seen by his treatment last season, so like Kuyt, he wants to move on
There's no conspiracy - he was consostently dropped to justify silly spending on players that are not as good
Of course he wants out

The conspiracy is that you think he's going home because he's being 'shafted'

Maybe he just wants to go home, because he wants to end his career in Argentina.

And not for any other reason. No matter what conspiracy you come up with.

Skip Bayless
7-6-12, 18:44
what conspiracy ?

Of course he wants out

He wanted out before the season started. There were a few threads on it last summer and actual quotes.

BoDiddley
7-6-12, 18:45
The conspiracy is that you think he's going home because he's being 'shafted'

Maybe he just wants to go home, because he wants to end his career in Argentina.

And not for any other reason. No matter what conspiracy you come up with.

Yeah maybe.

It's also equally possible that he wants to leave because he was disgracefully underused last season

No conspiracy either way as far as I can see :confused:

BoDiddley
7-6-12, 18:46
He wanted out before the season started. There were a few threads on it last summer and actual quotes.

You know that isn't true, don't you

'Stim
7-6-12, 18:49
:clap::clap: Thankyou,Goodbye & Best Wishes to Maxi Rodriguez :clap::clap:

Thanks for all that you've done for us. Great Goals at Great Times for us!

:scarf Mr Maxi - You'll Never Walk Alone :scarf

Skip Bayless
7-6-12, 18:50
You know that isn't true, don't you

Liverpool winger Maxi Rodriguez has revealed he would be open to a move back to Argentina with Newell's Old Boys.

The 30-year-old started his career at Newell's before leaving for Espanyol in 2002.

Maxi, who joined Liverpool in January 2010 from Atletico Madrid, claims he has held talks with Newell's president Guillermo Lorente about a possible return.

"When I left here, I knew I was coming back," Rodriguez told Argentinian newspaper La Capital.

"The president (William Lorenzo) called me and I said yes. Now it depends on the contract I have in Liverpool, maybe that can be loosened a little." Sky Sports News, June 15th 2011

kop96lfc
7-6-12, 18:54
If true looks like we've released him to save on the wage bill, that's three out so far(if you count Fabio). Even though Cole has been mentoned as staying I won't be surprised if he's gone come August. Same for aqua

phuzz
7-6-12, 18:56
Not really surprising.

-Joey-
7-6-12, 18:57
If he wants to go it’s his choice and personal reason only
He knows the manager has been changed
Rodgers could see him in the line-up.
We have a summer tour; he can give the manager a certain time
If it stays the same, then he can ask to go.
What if he becomes a regular under Rodgers, who knows?
If he insists on leaving, then he’ll leave

Bewdleyfan
7-6-12, 19:02
If true looks like we've released him to save on the wage bill, that's three out so far(if you count Fabio). Even though Cole has been mentoned as staying I won't be surprised if he's gone come August. Same for aqua

I expected before the start of next season for Aurelio, Kuyt, Maxi, Aquilani and Cole to all leave, and I still think it's possible for this to happen. Even though we won't receive large transfer fees for any of these players, getting them off the wage bill will be of great importance. I expect us to replace Kuyt and Maxi with a winger and an attacking midfielder, I don't think Aurelio will be replaced with a new left back acquisition, as Enrique, Robinson and Johnson offer strength in depth.

Batteries
7-6-12, 19:07
Again like Kuyt.. why are people surprised?

Kuyt and Maxi wanted out.

-Lucas--Leiva-
7-6-12, 19:09
Always liked Maxi, best of luck mate.

MickeyLove
7-6-12, 19:11
Was always going home this summer. Been a cracking signing, and wish him all the best. Will miss him.

Dioltas
7-6-12, 19:12
We need wingers even more desperately now, best of luck to Maxi though.

JoeRedLabo
7-6-12, 19:17
Like they said on the anfield wrap tonight it does feel like a complete fesh start.. and more a fresh start not from kenny but finally from rafa... this will save alot of money on wages, maxi kuyt were both about 90 grand a week. aurellio has also gone, It also takes away goal something we must add this summer, very interesting to see who rodgers brings in.

BoDiddley
7-6-12, 19:18
Sky Sports News, June 15th 2011

Where's the link ?

Emilvang
7-6-12, 19:18
duncan jenkins says he has not left yet, but has been given permission to talk with them.

cravenz
7-6-12, 19:20
All the best Maxi. Always been a good footballer and could have been utilised much more in my opinion.

cravenz
7-6-12, 19:21
Where's the link ?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/6990422/Maxi-hints-at-Reds-exit

MignoLetItBe
7-6-12, 19:21
Where's the link ?

Google it. He said he wanted to leave.

old-school
7-6-12, 19:23
As much as I love King Kenny, I do agree with some of you who believe he justified playing the players he signed ahead of Maxi.

Even if he wanted to go back home last year.

Big mistake by KK

BoDiddley
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/6990422/Maxi-hints-at-Reds-exit

Ah, well I thought we didn't believe anything we read in the media ?

:)

SalahDressing
Maxi Rodriguez spoke with Ole and was responsible for denying Newell's arrival. "I do not know where these things go, I have one year left on his contract at Liverpool," he said.

"I do not know where these things go, I have one year left on his contract at Liverpool and did not talk to anybody," said Ole Fiera, ensuring that there is no agreement between him and Leprosy. The rumors came from Maxi is located in Rosario, on the birth of his daughter Aitana.

http://www.ole.com.ar/newells-old-boys/hable-nadie_0_714528792.html

old-school
7-6-12, 19:26
http://www.ole.com.ar/newells-old-boys/hable-nadie_0_714528792.html

agreement between him and Leprosy ???

WineForMyMen
7-6-12, 19:26
The overlooking of Maxi was one of the sorriest tales of a sorry season and, like Kuyt, his exit was persistently rumoured at from Christmas onwards.

It would be a funny one to justify if Cole stays and Maxi leaves, but in itself there are some plusses from it.

As an overall approach, exits like this could really help to streamline us. The likes of Maxi (like Aurelio and Kuyt increasingly) are relatively big earners but were never really going to be regular starters anymore. If we're thinking long-term then their wages could be better spent elsewhere and their 15-25 games per season could effectively be passed on to the rising generation.

domino
7-6-12, 19:37
wait......apparently he's now told Argentinian TV he's not leaving!

:)

RedInferno74
7-6-12, 19:41
The overlooking of Maxi was one of the sorriest tales of a sorry season and, like Kuyt, his exit was persistently rumoured at from Christmas onwards.

It would be a funny one to justify if Cole stays and Maxi leaves, but in itself there are some plusses from it.

As an overall approach, exits like this could really help to streamline us. The likes of Maxi (like Aurelio and Kuyt increasingly) are relatively big earners but were never really going to be regular starters anymore. If we're thinking long-term then their wages could be better spent elsewhere and their 15-25 games per season could effectively be passed on to the rising generation.

Agreed.

Fowi
7-6-12, 19:47
I'd keep him for one more year if he wants to stay, but at the same time I can't blame him if he wants to leave. He's not a player that's gonna carry Liverpool anyway so it's no big deal either way.

We just need to move forward. Kuyt and Maxi leaving is not bad. We need new signings now.

cravenz
7-6-12, 19:51
I'd keep him for one more year if he wants to stay, but at the same time I can't blame him if he wants to leave. He's not a player that's gonna carry Liverpool anyway so it's no big deal either way.

We just need to move forward. Kuyt and Maxi leaving is not bad. We need new signings now.

I think with the two of them leaving, it more or less signals that we will have a couple of signings at least. A right winger would be a seriously good choice to start out with.

Sneets
7-6-12, 19:55

Dalglish's refusal to play Maxi regularly was one of the factors leading to his downfall. Only an idiot or a man trying to prove a point could ignore the chemistry between Maxi and Suarez and our most effective attack of Suarez, Maxi, Bellamy and Kuyt was rarely seen. It was criminal.

Jaythered
7-6-12, 19:55

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2012/06/maxi-rodriguez-denies-he-has-left-liverpool/

Looks like you will get your wish - possibly - maybe - who the xxxx knows anymore?

kop96lfc
7-6-12, 19:59
He gave an interview in Argentina saying he has no idea where this news came from. "I have a year left and no talks with Old boys have taken place" more twitter fail.

Fowi
7-6-12, 20:00
"Maxi rejects Old Boys for Young Boys"

Sneets
7-6-12, 20:02
http://www.thisisanfield.com/2012/06/maxi-rodriguez-denies-he-has-left-liverpool/

Looks like you will get your wish - possibly - maybe - who the xxxx knows anymore?

I really hope he does stay, where are we going to find a player with that experience and ability? He is still selected by Argentina and is a close chum of Suarez. He suits Rodgers' style of football, it makes sense to at least keep him to the end of his contract.

'Stim
7-6-12, 20:06
I'd like Maxi to stay for sure. He gets goals,we've been struggling for them. Makes sense to try & keep him,I think. Goals is what we need! Maxi gets 'em!

SalahDressing
7-6-12, 20:13
I hope he gives us one more year. He will get plenty of games with us being in 4 tournaments. His experience in Europe means he could assist the younger players as well.

CincinnatiReds
7-6-12, 20:41
I really hope he does stay, where are we going to find a player with that experience and ability? He is still selected by Argentina and is a close chum of Suarez. He suits Rodgers' style of football, it makes sense to at least keep him to the end of his contract.

Agreed. If you want to play pass n move football he's one of our players who can play this way. Never will understand how he didn't get more minutes this past year. I'd love to keep him for two more years. He's a classy little player.

Themessangernr1
7-6-12, 20:44
i think we should keep as a bench player. get krasic in as RW. and alexander pato upfront...

4thKit
7-6-12, 21:02
I'd like Maxi to stay for sure. He gets goals,we've been struggling for them. Makes sense to try & keep him,I think. Goals is what we need! Maxi gets 'em!

And he still has a hunger for the game.

AnfieldPoots
7-6-12, 21:02
i think we should keep as a bench player. get krasic in as RW. and alexander pato upfront...

Pato...no chance

JENGAFETT
7-6-12, 21:04
i hope maxi stays 2 i rate him clever player can still run well and is good goalscorer !

4thKit
7-6-12, 21:26
Pato...no chance
Isnt he injury prone, or suffered a bad injury?

InsomniacOlympics
7-6-12, 21:30
Maxi still at Liverpool
Argentine surprised by reports of move to Newell's

Last Updated: June 7, 2012 8:03pm

Maxi Rodriguez: Has 12 months left on his contract at Liverpool

Maxi Rodriguez has dismissed reports he has left Liverpool following rumours he had joined Newell's Old Boys in his native Argentina.

The attack-minded midfielder was expected to leave Liverpool at the end of this season after making just 21 appearances, largely as a substitute, in the 2011/12 campaign.

Maxi has 12 months left on his contract, but appeared to wave goodbye to fans when he made his most recent Anfield appearance in the thrashing of Chelsea at the beginning of May.

After he was spotted in Rosario, it has been reported he had agreed a move to Newell's, but he insist this is not the case.

Fans' favourite Maxi told Ole newspaper: "I do not know where these things come from. I have one year left on my contract at Liverpool and did not talk to anybody."

The departure of former boss Kenny Dalglish and following appointment of Brendan Rodgers has given all fringe players at Liverpool a fresh chance.

phuzz
7-6-12, 21:47
Translated through Google

Maxi Rodriguez @ MR11ok 37s

Say anything, I have not spoken to any media

Now I am enjoying the birth of my second daughter

SalahDressing
7-6-12, 21:49
The man speaks.

Maxi Rodríguez @ MR11ok
Say anything, I have not spoken to any media

Maxi Rodríguez @ MR11ok