PDA

View Full Version : Alex O'hanlon

REDULATE
16-5-11, 17:27
Basically we've signed this kid from under the noses of Real Madrid and Chelsea, Kenny is delighted to sign him, he is a left midfielder, only 15 too, a Man Utd fan but chose to come to us, says a lot for our growing reputation amongst the academy. :)

Carlton Facepalmer
16-5-11, 17:28
Basically we've signed this kid from under the noses of Real Madrid and Chelsea, Kenny is delighted to sign him, think he is a left midfielder.

Have we?

Source? :D

Bewdleyfan
16-5-11, 17:29
Here's the players twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/AlexOHanlon

REDULATE

DirKuytinho
never heard of to be honest, who is he?

Terrytibbs
16-5-11, 17:30
He's only 15. One for the future if true. But I have no idea if he's any good or not or if it's actually true.

Carlton Facepalmer
16-5-11, 17:31

I know you pleb!!

It's the only source on the net, so go figure!! :D

AlexPenn83
16-5-11, 17:32
:scarf

REDULATE
I know you pleb!!

It's the only source on the net, so go figure!! :D

Yup, no reason to delete it, just being petty in power

REDULATE

OMGZ!!11!!!

quick delete no CRAPtalk links on here quick end of the world.. etc..

SweetSilverSeven
16-5-11, 17:33
I don't know why Real Madrid bother with teenage talents - they never use any of them!

They're obsessed with their Galacticos :rolleyes:

caple
16-5-11, 17:34
Is anywhere saying this other than that fat *******?

REDULATE
16-5-11, 17:35
ceredred not having a go or anything, just genuinely curious as to why its banned?

ceredred
16-5-11, 17:36
ceredred not having a go or anything, just genuinely curious as to why its banned?This is part of why it is banned. (http://koptalkinsider.wordpress.com/) and the fact Craptalk uses that rag as a source to print news to.

Midophile
16-5-11, 17:37
He's a manc?

Get rid.

REDULATE
16-5-11, 17:39
This is part of why it is banned. (http://koptalkinsider.wordpress.com/) and the fact Craptalk uses that rag as a source to print news to.

Right then cheers

justinherrera
16-5-11, 17:40
This is part of why it is banned. (http://koptalkinsider.wordpress.com/) and the fact Craptalk uses that rag as a source to print news to.

please merge or delete my other thread:FP:

SAB1977
16-5-11, 17:41
Where have we signed him from?

Paulite
16-5-11, 17:43
Does this player actually exist? Regardless of whether or not the story of him joining us is true.

Midophile
16-5-11, 17:46
Does this player actually exist? Regardless of whether or not the story of him joining us is true.

http://en-gb.facebook.com/people/Alex-O-Hanlon/100001940727497

ceredred
16-5-11, 17:47
please merge or delete my other thread:FP:I've merged your thread into the deleted one.

Paulite
16-5-11, 17:47

Never mind.

Midophile
16-5-11, 17:50
Never mind.

:D

Terrytibbs
16-5-11, 17:54
Didn't even realise that website is banned. Fair enough. I'll probably not believe a word of it then. Did sound a bit made up in all honesty.

Farontaur
16-5-11, 18:13
Here's the players twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/AlexOHanlon

Looking rather feminine - don't think that is the guys twitter. :D

KingGarcia
16-5-11, 18:14
Where have we signed him from?

St.Kevins Boys. We recently had an agreement with them where we get first option on players etc.

Farontaur
16-5-11, 18:18
Know nothing about this lad, but after a few minutes of research I have discovered that he is a left-sided defender (at least he is for the U15 Ireland Squad that he has appeared in quite a bit) and, why, that's about it.

Hopefully he's as good as some people think he is.

Holyreds
16-5-11, 18:21
This was reported on liverpool.no a week ago. Old news.

Oh, and kraptalk is still a scam. ;)

grevsmoker
16-5-11, 18:26
Why is koptalk so despised? Genuine question as I honestly don't know much about the website or the man beyond seeing a few of his youtube videos.

DirKuytinho
16-5-11, 18:27
Why is koptalk so despised? Genuine question as I honestly don't know much about the website or the man beyond seeing a few of his youtube videos.

check out ceredred's post earlier =)

grevsmoker
16-5-11, 18:30
check out ceredred's post earlier =)

wow. all of that's true? that's pretty condemming stuff.

DirKuytinho
16-5-11, 18:37
wow. all of that's true? that's pretty condemming stuff.

i cant verify it personally, but ive heard warnings about the site before.

guess they wouldnt ban it on here for no reason...

josiewales
16-5-11, 18:40
If you're reading condemning stuff about Kraptalk, then it's true, trust me.
The guy that runs it, is a complete conman.
Stay clear of it, it's a disgrace.

PurpleKoala
16-5-11, 18:42
ever since I once stumbled onto his videos by accident I knew that fat **** was a know-nothing idiot. this just proves it. i'd go and post loads of comments about him being fat on youtube but it will jsut give him hits he doesn't deserve.

SweetSilverSeven
16-5-11, 18:44
EeeeewwwWWW!! :(

Holyreds
16-5-11, 19:06

This man has been living off Liverpool supporters for more than a decade. His ite is based on fake inside information and stolen news from anywhere, even from the s*n. He has used every mean to get his hands on his members money, setting up various paid "services" throughout the years. He was supposed to publish a book in 2003 and took p£5 predeposits for it. To this day the book has not come out and probably never will. He has sett up autorenewals on paypal so people will renew without knowing, even if they wasn't going to. Three has also been several cases where people have been double charged for their subscriptions (or even more). He collected money for his disabled cousin, bu noone ever saw any proof she got it. He has sold fake signed merchandise, such as balls and kits. The list is endless....

I'd urge all of you to warn your friends if you notice they follow koptalk or Dunk on facebook, twitter or youtube. Send them the link to http://koptalkinsider.wordpress.com and ask them to spred it. That's the only way we can get this conman out of our club for good.

DavieLFC
17-5-11, 12:50
This will a good signing imo. Have heard some good things about the kid here in Ireland.

A lot of clubs were after him. Spent time with Chelsea but didn't like them. Everton and UTD showed interest and Arsenal wanted him for ages. Liam Brady was over to him a number of times
Him and his family and UTD supporters but he said that Liverpool treated him the best and wanted him the most. He has made the right choice in the end anyway.
He signed from St Kevin's Boys in Dublin for those of you who want to know

I-SEE-red-PEOPLE
17-5-11, 12:53
Wheres the official news of this, at the minute all i've seen is a player who is having trials and has had trials with many clubs.

DavieLFC
17-5-11, 13:19
Wheres the official news of this, at the minute all i've seen is a player who is having trials and has had trials with many clubs.

He definitely has signed. He was in the directors box with his dad on Sunday and went to Melwood Monday morning for a medical and to sign the contract

bigpepespunch
17-5-11, 13:25
Check out Brian Durands twitter feed. Info on the transfer there.

Darrren1
19-5-11, 11:36
Click. (http://www.clickliverpool.com/sport/liverpool-fc/1213364-liverpool-fc-beat-manchester-united-to-first-summer-signing.html)

Liverpool have already wrapped up their first signing of the summer.

Alex O'Hanlon joins the Reds from St Kevins Boys Club in Dublin, turning down the advances of Manchester United and Arsenal, having spent time with both Real Madrid and Chelsea.

St Kevins is famed for producing some of Ireland's most famous footballing exports including Liam Brady, Damien Duff and Ian Harte to name but three, and left-back O'Hanlon has already been tipped for great things by club secretary Brendan Bermingham.

He said: “He is very highly thought of. He’s an excellent full-back and hopefully he might turn out like Gareth Bale.

“He’s got a really good attitude, quiet and unassuming.

“He’s just football, football, football.”

The 15-year-old's capture was secured following a meeting with Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish and is a key signal of Fenway Sports Group's intentions to lure the best young players to Anfield.

18ANDCOUNTING
19-5-11, 11:41
That's the same club Richard Dunne and Damian Duff started their trade . Hopefully he's another Duffers .

Shamhancks
19-5-11, 12:41
Darrren1;5562645 He said: “He is very highly thought of. He’s an excellent full-back and hopefully he might turn out like Gareth Bale.”
Fast down the wing, and even faster through the trees.

Hobbes.
19-5-11, 13:09
Why about that Ryan Mclaughlin lad? Is he signed?

AidoC
19-5-11, 13:28
Liverpool sign Irish teen dubbed the new Gareth Bale

http://www.joe.ie/football/football-news/liverpool-sign-irish-teen-dubbed-the-new-gareth-bale-0012347-1?

Liverpool have won the race to sign 15-year-old Irish starlet Alex O'Hanlon from St Kevin’s Boys club, despite the advances of Chelsea and Real Madrid.

The promising left-back, who has been likened to Tottenham's Gareth Bale, had spent time at both Chelsea and Real, while having apparently turned down offers from Manchester United and Arsenal.

St Kevin's have been quick today to refute suggestions that the deal cost Liverpool £2m but it is understood that the club will receive compensation in accordance with UEFA rules. The famed club has previously produced storied Irish internationals such as Liam Brady and Damien Duff.

“He is very highly thought of. He’s an excellent full-back and hopefully he might turn out like Gareth Bale," said St Kevin's club secretary Brendan Bermingham on the deal.

“He’s got a really good attitude, quiet and unassuming. He’s just football, football, football.”

Liverpool news site Koptalk report a source as saying that O'Hanlon "chose Liverpool because he wanted to work under Dalglish and because the club felt more right than any of the others".

"Liverpool showed him and his family the most respect. He's come here because he believes Liverpool are a massive club on the verge of great things," added the source.

The club's acquisition re-inforces director of football Damien Comolli's remit to blood the best young talent for the Anfield side following new owners Fenway Sports Group directives, while Kenny Dalglish has also made a conscious effort to start youngsters in hotly-contested recent Premier League ties.

whis
19-5-11, 13:29
is he injury prone, overrated and has a **** ugly head like GB?

I-SEE-red-PEOPLE
19-5-11, 13:32
Jebus Bale is the most over rated alex kidd headed player in the world. A very good player but so hyped as welsh usually are.

ahem... cough

DavieLFC
19-5-11, 13:35
Was already posted the other day. Glad it is actually official now

http://forums.liverpoolfc.tv/showthread.php?t=250077&highlight=Alex+O%27Hanlon

50P-WSTB-Head
19-5-11, 13:36
Nice to see youngsters chosing us over other top clubs.

KarlAgathon
19-5-11, 13:37
Liverpool news site Koptalk report a source as saying that O'Hanlon "chose Liverpool because he wanted to work under Dalglish and because the club felt more right than any of the others".

"Liverpool showed him and his family the most respect. He's come here because he believes Liverpool are a massive club on the verge of great things," added the source.

I think this part is one of Comolli's biggest strengths.

Just like with Bale who apparently was wanted by every major club in Europe, he chose Tottenham. Comolli was apparently responsible for negotiations and such when he was there.

We need to sign the best youngsters, and convincing them that this is the right place for developing is a very important job.

NorthernCarollina
25-5-11, 11:11
This thread seemed to go a bit off topic. I just came across this article off The Times and thought I'd post it.

Tony Barrett
May 19 2011 12:01AM

The rejuvenation of Liverpool’s playing staff has continued with the signing of Alex O’Hanlon, one of Ireland’s most promising youngsters, whose signature was sought by a clutch of top Barclays Premier League clubs.

O’Hanlon had visited Chelsea, Arsenal, Everton and both Manchester clubs, such was the level of demand to sign him, but the 15-year-old opted to join Liverpool on the strength of their impressive recent record of producing first-team and squad players from within their youth ranks.

A product of the respected St Kevins Football Club in Dublin — where players such as Liam Brady, Damien Duff, Stephen Carr and Ian Harte came through the ranks — O’Hanlon is a left back who has been likened in style to Gareth Bale, the Tottenham Hotspur winger.

“He is very highly thought of,” Brendan Bermingham, the secretary of St Kevins, said. “He’s an excellent full back and hopefully he might turn out like Gareth Bale in time. He’s got a really good attitude, quiet and unassuming. He’s just football, football, football.”

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/premierleague/article3024320.ece

InsomniacOlympics
17-4-12, 12:56
Does anyone know whats going on with him?

SalahDressing
17-4-12, 12:57

I believe he is currently playing in the U16s.

Buzz-Cagney
17-4-12, 13:02

On the Irishkopite forum there is a guy who knows him, said he was lonely at the start but is getting on great now, we will hear more about him when he moves to u18.

InsomniacOlympics
17-4-12, 13:05
On the Irishkopite forum there is a guy who knows him, said he was lonely at the start but is getting on great now, we will hear more about him when he moves to u18.

Sounds good. Hope he becomes a star for us.

Buzz-Cagney
17-4-12, 13:09
Sounds good. Hope he becomes a star for us.

supposed to be the next Bale so he's probably at the pool practicing

gmac11
17-4-12, 13:43
This man has been living off Liverpool supporters for more than a decade. His ite is based on fake inside information and stolen news from anywhere, even from the s*n. He has used every mean to get his hands on his members money, setting up various paid "services" throughout the years. He was supposed to publish a book in 2003 and took p£5 predeposits for it. To this day the book has not come out and probably never will. He has sett up autorenewals on paypal so people will renew without knowing, even if they wasn't going to. Three has also been several cases where people have been double charged for their subscriptions (or even more). He collected money for his disabled cousin, bu noone ever saw any proof she got it. He has sold fake signed merchandise, such as balls and kits. The list is endless....

I'd urge all of you to warn your friends if you notice they follow koptalk or Dunk on facebook, twitter or youtube. Send them the link to http://koptalkinsider.wordpress.com and ask them to spred it. That's the only way we can get this conman out of our club for good.

Surely if his fraud sinks to these depths this should be reported to and investigated by the relevant authorities i.e. the Police, Trading Standards etc.

Pete_lad2014
17-4-12, 14:00
I heard big things about some of are u16s: Ojey, Sinclair, O Hanlon and a young Swiss striker are supposed to be really talented. Also any word on the young Bosnian or Romanian that was on trail and scored 5 in his first match?

Chickenliver
17-4-12, 14:08
Fast down the wing, and even faster through the trees.

Bahahahahahahahahaha!! :D

Buzz-Cagney
17-4-12, 14:32
O hanlan will be playing for Ireland tonight against Belguim and was looking to see if there was a video of him when we played Portugal, and found this. Think we have our next keeper sorted, hes german and an animal of a goalie.

Click (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPL2mKqfk5E)

InsomniacOlympics
17-4-12, 14:56
O hanlan will be playing for Ireland tonight against Belguim and was looking to see if there was a video of him when we played Portugal, and found this. Think we have our next keeper sorted, hes german and an animal of a goalie.

Click (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPL2mKqfk5E)

Ireland v Belgium, U17?

Buzz-Cagney
17-4-12, 17:31
Ireland v Belgium, U17?

u16 mate, kicking off now

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
17-4-12, 18:31
Already better than Hoilett.

InsomniacOlympics
17-4-12, 19:50
Already better than Hoilett.

What about Hoilett on a free?

charmac
20-4-12, 08:49
Alex O'Hanlon scores 1 and assists 2

Belgium u-16 'a' 1-4 rep of ireland u-16 'a'
http://www.fai.ie/international/yout...t-belgium.html

The Republic of Ireland Under-16s produced a vastly-improved display on Tuesday's defeat as they overcame Belgium at the Stadium RCX Verviétois in the second part of this week's double-header.

Ireland Head Coach John Morling gave starts to all his substitutes from the first game, apart from goalkeeper Harry Doherty who had sustained a knock in training.

Striker Stephen Confey made his first start of the campaign and didn't waste time in making an impression.

With less than a minute played, Corey Galvin burst clear on goal to force a save and following up was St. Kevin's Boys' Confey to finish the rebound.

It got better for Confey and Ireland on 20 minutes when their lead was doubled. Chris Flanagan fed Alex O'Hanlon on the left and he set up Confey to convert at the second attempt.

Belgium are a classy outfit and forced their way back into the contest twelve minutes after the restart by halving the deficit.

Still, Ireland maintained their passing game and the rewards followed Craig Donnellan, Ryan Rainey and O'Hanlon were all involved in setting up Jake Mulraney to make it 3-1.

Peter Burke in the Ireland goal was called upon to produce a terrific save low down to his left moments later, yet the Boys in Green kept their shape and bagged a fourth late on. O'Hanlon was once again at the hub of the action as his own corner came back to him in space and he applied a subtle lob to deceive the 'keeper.

REP OF IRELAND A: Peter Burke (Moville Celtic); Liam Traynor (St. Joseph's Boys), Noe Baba (Castlebar Celtic), Daniel Cleary (Liverpool), Ryan Rainey (Bonagee Utd); Corey Galvin (Ipswich Town), Chris Flanagan (Glencar), Craig Donnellan (Corinthians), Alex O'Hanlon (Liverpool); Jake Mulraney (Nottingham Forest), Stephen Confey (St. Kevin's Boys).
Sub: Dean O'Halloran (Southend) for C Galvin (74 mins).