PDA

View Full Version : Tonight's Revista De La Liga

DoTheStudge15
17-5-11, 16:34
Just been on Guillem's twitter apparently he is going to be talking about the future of Aguero and Mata tonight, should be interesting to find if the speculation about Aguero is true. ( And yes I know not everyone believes what Guillem has to say, but ever since the t***** situation I do )

TheKnucklesOfAgger
17-5-11, 16:37
To be fair mate, he's already addressed the situation concerning them being linked with us. Aguero is a no, because apparently he earns way, way more than we can afford, considerably more than any players on the wage bill currently. Seems surprising considering our financial situation now, and that the likes of Stevie must be on well over 100k a week, but anyway he already rubbished that speculation.

Secondly, he HAS admitted that Liverpool are interested in Juan Mata, so on that front there's potential, but as for Aguero, not looking likely.

I-SEE-red-PEOPLE
17-5-11, 16:38
is it hell true aguero is on about 180+ grand a week, theres no way we will pay those wages. On top of that his buy out clause is 45 million. we are going to have money to spend but if we spend it all on a forward we definitely wont be much improved on this year.

DoTheStudge15
17-5-11, 16:39
I understand that it may not be true, but there has been a lot of optimism on the forums lately that we might get him and hopefully there will be some updates on Mata

sabretoothluis
17-5-11, 17:07
Don't give a crap what ballbag says he always talks ****

Kroos Control
17-5-11, 17:44

Not really, he said Pepe was staying before anyone else did, and look whats happened there.

JoeRedLabo
17-5-11, 17:50
Not really, he said Pepe was staying before anyone else did, and look whats happened there.

Yep an also he said about torres leaving before anyone expected it.

JoeRedLabo
17-5-11, 17:57
He has just said liverpool are intrested in mata an valencia will sell for 25miliion, but united and city are also after him.

DoTheStudge15
17-5-11, 17:58
nothing big on mata just that we are one of the big contenders for his signature and he will cost us 25 million euros

AlessoAfrojackAvicii
17-5-11, 18:00
I like Balague, he's in the know and he takes the time to answer questions posted to him from fans, I'll be tuning into Revista La Liga tonight to hear what he has to say about Mata and Aguero.

SurreyLiverpoolFan1983
17-5-11, 18:12
just reading back over an article from him...

Benzema and Kaka officialy for sale??

surely these 2 should be looked at by Liverpool?

AlessoAfrojackAvicii
17-5-11, 18:15
just reading back over an article from him...

Benzema and Kaka officialy for sale??

surely these 2 should be looked at by Liverpool?

Are they for sale mate? Benzema said this morning he doesn't want to leave but maybe Jose has no plans for him. Wouldn't turn them down like, they could win us the league.

SurreyLiverpoolFan1983
17-5-11, 18:21
Are they for sale mate? Benzema said this morning he doesn't want to leave but maybe Jose has no plans for him. Wouldn't turn them down like, they could win us the league.

am only going on what he has said and also with a little use of guess work...

that yes i would say kaka and benzema have no future at the club

kaka is 29 - doesn't fit into the NESV mould really

Benzema is 23 - very much in the NESV mould

but wages a stumbling block??

AlessoAfrojackAvicii
17-5-11, 18:24
am only going on what he has said and also with a little use of guess work...

that yes i would say kaka and benzema have no future at the club

kaka is 29 - doesn't fit into the NESV mould really

Benzema is 23 - very much in the NESV mould

but wages a stumbling block??

Kaka's wages could be an issue, bit Benzema's wouldn't I don't think. Any player that comes from the La Liga to Liverpool is more than likely going to have to accept a pay-cut. I wouldn't say no to Kaka either aslong as the money wasn't ridiclous.

GordonBennett
17-5-11, 18:33

Just like he was with Torres.....

SurreyLiverpoolFan1983
17-5-11, 18:39
Kaka's wages could be an issue, bit Benzema's wouldn't I don't think. Any player that comes from the La Liga to Liverpool is more than likely going to have to accept a pay-cut. I wouldn't say no to Kaka either aslong as the money wasn't ridiclous.

Benzema i'd say would be more reluctant to drop wages, as from what i see, he thinks very highly of himself (no idea if its right or wrong) but strikes me as a guy who would take some persuading to drop for us

Kaka would be on high wages right now, but at his stage of his career, reckon he would actually drop to reinvent himself (if he ever has the desire to reinvent to the kaka we all know) or he could go the way ronaldinho did and just give in

both would be very welcome, but think you'd struggle to get them on 100k per week which would seem to be our top player wage level

AlessoAfrojackAvicii
17-5-11, 18:43
Benzema i'd say would be more reluctant to drop wages, as from what i see, he thinks very highly of himself (no idea if its right or wrong) but strikes me as a guy who would take some persuading to drop for us

Kaka would be on high wages right now, but at his stage of his career, reckon he would actually drop to reinvent himself (if he ever has the desire to reinvent to the kaka we all know) or he could go the way ronaldinho did and just give in

both would be very welcome, but think you'd struggle to get them on 100k per week which would seem to be our top player wage level

Both players would probably go to the team who offers them the most money, if it were between us and City I think sadly they would both choose City because they'd probably get double the wages and the chance of Champions League football.

jonsonos
17-5-11, 18:44
Just like he was with Torres.....

He gets plenty wrong and he gets plenty right, Torres is a good example of both, got him leaving bang on got him coming comically wrong...

Hobbes.
17-5-11, 18:59
Here it goes. From now on, I'm gonna follow him and take everything he says as gospel. Im gonna see how much he gets right.

Should be a decent use of my time.

GordonBennett
17-5-11, 19:01
Here it goes. From now on, I'm gonna follow him and take everything he says as gospel. Im gonna see how much he gets right.

Should be a decent use of my time.

him and Marcotti do talk a lot of sense, it's when they get drawn onto specifics they tend not to want to elaborate.

you can tell when they are fishing and when they have a real story.

Hobbes.
17-5-11, 19:12
him and Marcotti do talk a lot of sense, it's when they get drawn onto specifics they tend not to want to elaborate.

you can tell when they are fishing and when they have a real story.

Do you know if the Mata rumour is true?

KanyeWest
17-5-11, 19:13

Didnt take a genius to work that one out though, was pretty clear for ages.

-Cal-
17-5-11, 19:16
if people dont like him i get that but the man for every one he gets wrong, he's right the next 9 times so chill out lets just enjoy us be linked with aguero, mata etc, sure beats the hell out of carton cole and shawcross :FP:

-Nazarus-
17-5-11, 19:16
Aguero is on well over 200k a week. When he signed his new contract earlier this season, his release clause was reduced to around 40-45m Euros, but his weekly wage was increased substantially.

Its a pipe dream, what a player he would be for us.

slimman
17-5-11, 19:21

This.

I'm not easily shocked but i would be quite surprised if Aguero signed for us. I just can't see why after all this time he would suddenly jump to us. I hope it happens but i'm not holding much hope for it.

-FidelCastro-
17-5-11, 19:26
Aguero is on well over 200k a week. When he signed his new contract earlier this season, his release clause was reduced to around 40-45m Euros, but his weekly wage was increased substantially.

Its a pipe dream, what a player he would be for us.

I doubt he is on more than 150,000 a week. the wages you quoted are like Messi, Ronaldo and Lescott wages.

Also dont forget that money is not an issue for us anymore, and the Dalglish factor.

Not saying that he is coming, just that we can compete with anyone for him.

Snippes
17-5-11, 19:45
He gets plenty wrong and he gets plenty right, Torres is a good example of both, got him leaving bang on got him coming comically wrong...

This.

Ballague is like the weatherman who makes a big deal about make sure you watch his broadcast at Xpm because he has big news.

Then when you tune in, he tells that tomorrow, it might rain, then again it might not rain. If it does rain, please make sure to bring an umbrella with you (no **** Sherlock)...if it doesn't rain, you can leave the umbrella and rain coat at home.

Then at the end of the day tomorrow if it does rain, he will tell you - I warned you so. And if it doesn't rain - he can tell you at least you didn't get rained or and you could have left your umbrella at home.

So basically,k he does a great job of sitting on the fence of both sides of an issue....spews enough bread crumbs to keep you interested without really committing one way or the other. He is therefore either right, or not necessarily wrong so you cannot come to him and hold him accountable because he did give himself some wiggle room to writhe out of it.

In other words, you can feel free to indulge in his endless world of rumor-mongering if that's your thing and you get off on it....but nothing he says has any consequence to life one way or the other whatsoever.

Kroos Control
17-5-11, 19:45
Didnt take a genius to work that one out though, was pretty clear for ages.

How was it? up until recently we were all panicking about pepe leaving. its only the last 3 or 4 weeks that it has become clear he wants to stay and see if things pick up

Mullerbugs
17-5-11, 19:52
Fsg and Kenny have both said they understand to compete to win they will have to match their rivals i.e utd, Chelsea, city when it comes to spending. Without doubt the only criteria is value does he represent a good return for value, If his wages are huge but globally he is merchandising co
money maker as well as a fantastic footballer then maybe we will go for him. We spent 35mil on a young player with little premiership experience and little international experience so why no Auguero who if he really has the desire to Play for us could be a fantastic investment at 22.

In order to win money has to be Spent our players average cost to that of the other top 4 teams bar Arsenal makes us look like paupers and Arsenal have been trophyless for a while through lack o investment never being able to drag it over the finish line no matter how good their youth has been.

To compete we have to spend they say you have to spend money to make money and that's certainly the case here.

Plan-D
17-5-11, 19:54
This.

Ballague is like the weatherman who makes a big deal about make sure you watch his broadcast at Xpm because he has big news.

Then when you tune in, he tells that tomorrow, it might rain, then again it might not rain. If it does rain, please make sure to bring an umbrella with you (no **** Sherlock)...if it doesn't rain, you can leave the umbrella and rain coat at home.

Then at the end of the day tomorrow if it does rain, he will tell you - I warned you so. And if it doesn't rain - he can tell you at least you didn't get rained or and you could have left your umbrella at home.

So basically,k he does a great job of sitting on the fence of both sides of an issue....spews enough bread crumbs to keep you interested without really committing one way or the other. He is therefore either right, or not necessarily wrong so you cannot come to him and hold him accountable because he did give himself some wiggle room to writhe out of it.

In other words, you can feel free to indulge in his endless world of rumor-mongering if that's your thing and you get off on it....but nothing he says has any consequence to life one way or the other whatsoever.

Or maybe, you're looking too much into it? Maybe he's just telling people what information he knows?

-Nazarus-
17-5-11, 19:56
I doubt he is on more than 150,000 a week. the wages you quoted are like Messi, Ronaldo and Lescott wages.

Also dont forget that money is not an issue for us anymore, and the Dalglish factor.

Not saying that he is coming, just that we can compete with anyone for him.

He is definately on well over 200k a week. He is one of the highest paid players in the world. It would also make sense as to why they reduced his buyout clase to around 40m Euros which many teams can afford. Its the wages that are a stumbling block.

Plan-D
17-5-11, 19:59
Any way, what's the main things that got said about Aguero and Mata on the show? And how much did Balague involve us, with regards to both players?

KingLuisNo7
17-5-11, 20:05
Aguero on 180,000 a week!?!?!?!

Surely if we get shot of Joe Cole, Jovanovic, Poulsen and Konchesky, 4 players that are pretty much no use to us we could afford that!

I doubt he's on that much though, no chance! Can Athletico even afford that?!?!

slimman
17-5-11, 20:09

Surely if we get shot of Joe Cole, Jovanovic, Poulsen and Konchesky, 4 players that are pretty much no use to us we could afford that!

Maybe it has his image rights in with that figure.

Vikeshb3
17-5-11, 20:19

Unfortunately that wouldn't be the end of the problem, if other players of similar calibre to Aguero see him on such high wages, they will want to have their own wages increased to reflect their value to the squad.

Plan-D
17-5-11, 20:34
Unfortunately that wouldn't be the end of the problem, if other players of similar calibre to Aguero see him on such high wages, they will want to have their own wages increased to reflect their value to the squad.

Yes, but players don't know what other players are on, so that's irrelevant.

Snippes
17-5-11, 23:44
Or maybe, you're looking too much into it? Maybe he's just telling people what information he knows?

Or maybe I have heard way too many baseless unsubstantiated gossip outta him that never panned out and am calling it like it is *shrug*

Snippes
17-5-11, 23:46

You know what's funny? I have seen a million posts on this today and yet I haven't seen anyone ask this obvious question. I was wondering myself...how the **** can AM afford to pay Aguero, or anybody 180K a week?? Don't believe that for one second.

bigpepespunch
18-5-11, 00:06
Just watching it now. Did i hear that right that Vicente is leaving Valencia on a bosman in the summer? What a talent he was 10 years ago. Shame he is so blighted by injury. Would love to have a gamble on him, pay as you play, if we bring other top wingers in too.

L1verFC
18-5-11, 00:08
Just watching it now. Did i hear that right that Vicente is leaving Valencia on a bosman in the summer? What a talent he was 10 years ago. Shame he is so blighted by injury. Would love to have a gamble on him, pay as you play, if we bring other top wingers in too.

What could of been with vicente with out injurys

bigpepespunch
18-5-11, 00:17
What could of been with vicente with out injurys

I know mate, used to love him and Joaquin, top players. Vicente especially was just a top top out and out winger.

hsf
18-5-11, 00:39
You know what's funny? I have seen a million posts on this today and yet I haven't seen anyone ask this obvious question. I was wondering myself...how the **** can AM afford to pay Aguero, or anybody 180K a week?? Don't believe that for one second.

Ageuro is on roughly 95k a week, but because of the tax laws over there, he would need to be on about 170k a week to match his previous wages if he were to join Liverpool.

I'd also like to point this out too.

AGUERO'S "BUYOUT CLAUSE" ONLY MATTERS IF HE IS TO BE SOLD TO ANOTHER SPANISH TEAM, IT DOES NOT CONCERN ANY CLUB OUTSIDE OF LA LIGA/PRIMERA LIGA.

RedGedinLA
18-5-11, 05:42

Maybe it's pesetas! That's about 200 quid isn't it? Sign the lad up and we can do a forum pass-the-hat to make up his wage. Can you put him up in the spare room Snipes?

-Blitz-
18-5-11, 05:58
He is definately on well over 200k a week. He is one of the highest paid players in the world. It would also make sense as to why they reduced his buyout clase to around 40m Euros which many teams can afford. Its the wages that are a stumbling block.

No he isn't. (http://forums.liverpoolfc.tv/showthread.php?t=246154&highlight=paid+footballers) :FP:

KoppityKloppity
8-5-12, 23:11
Did anyone else see the Real v Granada match. Just seeing a recap about the brawl and the ref.

The Ref's family all have season tickets at Real Zaragoza who are fighting with Granada to stay up. Ref had a good game but the Granada players lost it at the end, 3 sent off and one player is facing a ban from 4 games to 12 months for throwing a bottle at the refs face.

Alon1
8-5-12, 23:14
Did anyone else see the Real v Granada match. Just seeing a recap about the brawl and the ref.

The Ref's family all have season tickets at Real Zaragoza who are fighting with Granada to stay up. Ref had a good game but the Granada players lost it at the end, 3 sent off and one player is facing a ban from 4 games to 12 months for throwing a bottle at the refs face.

yes, watching it, pathetic, they were looking for trouble and they got it.
no quite sure about the 12 months ban, that's something that Ballague said, no sure if he was right though.