PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Daniel Sturridge

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Ness23
11-2-09, 14:30
How about getting this kid, i think he could be a player soon. I also think we could get him on a cheap too.

He's in the papers today supposidly demanding £75k a week. I reckon if he is he's only doing that because he doesnt want to sit on the bench but if he does he may as well get paid doing it.

LFC_Fan_1_2
11-2-09, 14:32
Yes please....Ding ding ding ding ding

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
11-2-09, 14:37
The kid looks like a special talent.

DavieLFC
11-2-09, 14:37
Yeah definitely. Looks a good prospect. Quick, powerfull, young and very skillfull

He is available on a free this summer if he doesn't sign a contract so he is worth a try

kopitecrash
11-2-09, 14:40
no. we have our own prospects. let man citys youth players go to somewhere like west ham or villa where they can improve and learn. we have titles to win, and we can add our own youth whenever we like.

-Gola-
11-2-09, 14:47
he is a very good young player but apparently he wants £75,000 a week.

how old is he about 19, he's done **** all to deserve that kind of money.

we dont want players that are only interested in money

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
11-2-09, 14:50
no. we have our own prospects. let man citys youth players go to somewhere like west ham or villa where they can improve and learn. we have titles to win, and we can add our own youth whenever we like.

We don't have any young striker as good as Sturridge.

-Gola-
11-2-09, 14:51

is he £75,000 per week good though atm

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
11-2-09, 14:53
is he £75,000 per week good though atm

Of course not. I imagine he is just trying his luck with City's millions.

zingertower
11-2-09, 14:56

YAWN :tumbleweed

Type
11-2-09, 14:58
How about getting this kid, i think he could be a player soon. I also think we could get him on a cheap too.

He's in the papers today supposidly demanding £75k a week. I reckon if he is he's only doing that because he doesnt want to sit on the bench but if he does he may as well get paid doing it.

Good shout actually, I would'nt mind him.

Ness23
he is a very good young player but apparently he wants £75,000 a week.

how old is he about 19, he's done **** all to deserve that kind of money.

we dont want players that are only interested in money

I reckon he's only asking for that because he knows he will live the rest of his Man City life on the bench, and why not get paid £75k for sitting on the bench. Man City wont pay him that so they will have to let him leave on the cheap or free.

Also my feeling is if he got a club that will be serious with his career he will ask for more reasonable wages

-Tintin-
he's fantastic. got an insane shot on him, can use both feet and has the physical nature to handle defences. I don't quite know his role yet but i do think as a front man he'll be outstanding.

Shame that his development will be hampered now.

Ihaveadream
11-2-09, 15:00
Class player that would be in the city team if Robinho was not there!

:scarf

kopitecrash
11-2-09, 15:20

nemeth? he hasnt even been tried.
for us to get a striker who young as he is contributes little to man citys squad anyway for big wages would be stupid when nemeth could be better, knows how the club plays etc.

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
11-2-09, 15:24
nemeth? he hasnt even been tried.
for us to get a striker who young as he is contributes little to man citys squad anyway for big wages would be stupid when nemeth could be better, knows how the club plays etc.

I have watched both players at reserve level, and Sturridge has far more potential than Nemeth.

-Tintin-
11-2-09, 15:26
I have watched both players at reserve level, and Sturridge has far more potential than Nemeth.

Sturridge looked awesome in the youth cup a couple of years ago.

now he's ready for the first team at a mid table premiership team in my view.

he's certainly better than a lot of the dross that plays in the league regularly.

RickJC
11-2-09, 15:32
Should get him then loan him out to a mid table club for the year then use him with Torres the year after. :D

RickJC
11-2-09, 15:44
Lets get Andy Carroll from Newcastle while we're at it, he just turned down a deal from Newcastle. It'll be good to get some English talent again.

LiverpoolRealist
11-2-09, 15:56
He's an English player with great talent. I would have him, no question!

I would only question Rafa and his ability to nuture and develop young talent into the first team.

Jodzo
11-2-09, 17:09
he great prospect but i doubt if big club is right move for him - he needs to play regularly to develop... but if we bring him in to be our 2nd striker behind Torres then yes...

HeyMacaReina
11-2-09, 18:22
I reckon he's only asking for that because he knows he will live the rest of his Man City life on the bench, and why not get paid £75k for sitting on the bench. Man City wont pay him that so they will have to let him leave on the cheap or free.

Also my feeling is if he got a club that will be serious with his career he will ask for more reasonable wages

There is an obvious flaw in your logic though.

If he came here, he would also be on the bench as backup to Torres so not too different to his current situation really.

TeenageMutantNinJaSkrtel
11-2-09, 18:26

Probably not him who wants 75k, it will be his agents trying to milk as much as possible.

I reckon today's players have no real concept of money.

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
11-2-09, 18:28
There is an obvious flaw in your logic though.

If he came here, he would also be on the bench as backup to Torres so not too different to his current situation really.

There's a difference being back-up to Torres and being back-up to Bellamy.

RickJC
11-2-09, 18:29
Let be honest he won't make it at Man City because the Manager (a new one every year) will want their own striker and will spend £20m+ on one, sign him :D

YesWeCan
11-2-09, 18:31

I agree, Sturridge has proved himself in the first team too.

Could be a gem in the future.

luisSuarez7
11-2-09, 18:40
Swap Babel for him :P

:scarf:scarf:scarf

DanLFC92
11-2-09, 18:59
Yes Yes YES!!!

HeyMacaReina
11-2-09, 19:01
There's a difference being back-up to Torres and being back-up to Bellamy.

That's a fair point but I still feel he wants playing time and if Fernando is fit and our main formation continues then he would struggle to get that here, in my opinion.

I like the player and think he would do good for us but still disagree with the logic in the post I quoted.

:)

The Parish
25-5-09, 19:15
Contract running out this summer. Grab him on a free and use him as a rotation striker/LW?

Him and N'gog would be the future! ;)

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
25-5-09, 19:16
He would be a great signing.

fernandothelegend
25-5-09, 19:17
Very talented player with a lovely left foot but his demands at city were worrying and you wonder if he is more concerned about money than furthering his career.

JoeRedLabo
25-5-09, 19:18
He is defo worth snapping up but him and ngog are no way the future ;)

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
25-5-09, 19:19
Very talented player with a lovely left foot but his demands at city were worrying and you wonder if he is more concerned about money than furthering his career.

I think he's just trying it on with moneybags City.

kopitecrash
25-5-09, 19:19
sturridge would be awesome. him and ngog up front would be a future game breaking pairing.

tegs
25-5-09, 19:22
im sure manc$$ty will offer him a huge contract to stay at the end of the season...

Simo429
25-5-09, 19:23

did you shower with him also in order to see his lovely left foot?

ReubenStuddard
25-5-09, 19:23
Sturridge looks to be a terrific prospect. I remember how good he was in the Youth Cup first leg in 2006 (?).

However, he may be getting too big for his boots. Unless he just wants to leave, and so he thought he may as well see what they would offer anyway.

fernandothelegend
25-5-09, 19:26
did you shower with him also in order to see his lovely left foot?

Just #### off

The Parish
25-5-09, 19:26
It could be the fact that he knows City are just going to buy big players and his chances will be extremely limited.

Stoney79
25-5-09, 19:38
Brilliant player but we wouldn't get him on a free. We'd have to pay compensation to City as he's under 24 and probably also a big signing on fee and wages. Probably wouldn't work out much cheaper than someone like Keirrison on smaller wages. Great player though and would love him here.

The Parish
25-5-09, 19:42
Brilliant player but we wouldn't get him on a free. We'd have to pay compensation to City as he's under 24 and probably also a big signing on fee and wages. Probably wouldn't work out much cheaper than someone like Keirrison on smaller wages. Great player though and would love him here.

His contract will run out so we wouldn't have to pay any fee.

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
25-5-09, 19:43

But i think if the player is below 24 you have to pay compensation.

fernandothelegend

You have to pay compensation for players under 23 i believe it is.

hold51
i believe from a mates boy who was in the citeh youth with him, he would be a good mate for Agger, has the same hang ups!

he can be a little EMOtional, and lacks confidence in his own ability!

good player nonetheless! So i would still take a stab at him!;)

ReubenStuddard
25-5-09, 19:44
But i think if the player is below 24 you have to pay compensation.

Training costs - usually 80 grand-ish for each year he has been professional.

The Parish
25-5-09, 19:46
Why would you have to pay compensation for a player who is out of contract? :confused:

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
25-5-09, 19:47
Why would you have to pay compensation for a player who is out of contract? :confused:

Them's the rules.

The Parish
25-5-09, 19:48
Silly rules! :eek:

Snippes
25-5-09, 19:56
A combination of excellent skill on the ball and pace with actual end product. You don't find that every day from a British player do you? Ironically, he is at a lesser club but because he is at Citeh who seem preoccupied with buying everything in sight, they will lose sight of the great talent they have already in their team and he will get lost in the mix. He would actually have a better chance of making an impact at Liverpool which sounds weird to say since we are the far better team.

Would be a great steal.

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
25-5-09, 21:35
Daniel Sturridge's future at Manchester City is in doubt after talks over a new contract broke down.

The striker's deal runs out this summer and manager Mark Hughes is keen to keep the highly-rated 19-year-old.

But Hughes told BBC Radio Manchester: "Where we are at the moment needs a shift in position from his advisors.

"We have made an offer which is a good offer for Daniel at this stage of his career and that was refused a couple of weeks back."

The England Under-20 international has scored six goals from 12 starts and 19 substitute appearances for City.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/8067000.stm

Simo429
25-5-09, 21:36
do you actually pay compensation if he runs down his contract?

i thought you only paid if you had them on a bosman

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
25-5-09, 21:37
do you actually pay compensation if he runs down his contract?

i thought you only paid if you had them on a bosman

What's the difference?

-Tintin-
25-5-09, 21:39
You pay compensation as Man City have spent a lot of money and time building him up. And so on and so forth.

Simo429
25-5-09, 21:40
What's the difference?

if his contract finishes and he becomes a free agent its different than a team signing him on a pre contract

Snippes
25-5-09, 21:41
Just #### off

Why are you letting other people to use your homophobia to get to you mate?? Seriously....its getting comical how mad you are getting over all this shower stuff :D

Be secure in your manhood, dude....no one is coming over to jump your bones :D

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
25-5-09, 21:41
if his contract finishes and he becomes a free agent its different than a team signing him on a pre contract

Oh i see. Not sure then.

fernandothelegend
25-5-09, 21:44
Why are you letting other people to use your homophobia to get to you mate?? Seriously....its getting comical how mad you are getting over all this shower stuff :D

Be secure in your manhood, dude....no one is coming over to jump your bones :D

It's been a long day of people at me and it's been hard to restrain.

LordJamieOfCarragher
25-5-09, 21:44
Decent player but not worth the reported £60,000 a week he wants.

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
25-5-09, 21:45
Decent player but not worth the reported £60,000 a week he wants.

If you were at Man City wouldn't you ask for it?

I bet he'd take less to sign for a decent club.

Stoney79
25-5-09, 21:46

I don't think there is much difference between the two. A player can only sign a pre-contract agreement with a club in a different country and has to wait until their contract runs out to sign with a club in the same country. They are both classed as Bosman signings.

LordJamieOfCarragher
25-5-09, 21:51
If you were at Man City wouldn't you ask for it?

I bet he'd take less to sign for a decent club.

Possibly.

Or perhaps I would want to stay there and learn my trade from players like Robinho and who ever they sign this summer.

Simo429
25-5-09, 21:55
I don't think there is much difference between the two. A player can only sign a pre-contract agreement with a club in a different country and has to wait until their contract runs out to sign with a club in the same country. They are both classed as Bosman signings.

i dont think your understanding what im saying

im sure you can sign a bosman in the same country

but what im saying is if it gets to july when his contract runs out and he hasnt got a new club surely he is then a free agent and man city cannot be due any money

ReubenStuddard
25-5-09, 21:57
Just to clarify the payment thing - if he runs down his contract to leave on a bosman, the team who sign him have to pay compensation, around 80 grand for each year he was a professional at the club, for his training costs. This is the rule for those aged 24 and under.

ReubenStuddard
25-5-09, 21:57

but what im saying is if it gets to july when his contract runs out and he hasnt got a new club surely he is then a free agent and man city cannot be due any money

The bosman ruling includes a section on those aged 24 and under - they can't just leave for free.

Simo429
25-5-09, 21:59
The bosman ruling includes a section on those aged 24 and under - they can't just leave for free.

but they cant be forced to sign a contract

so what happens if they dont sign a contract?

if a player isnt offered a contract by their club and come august they get offered one does their original club still get compensation? no of course they dont

Simo429
25-5-09, 22:00
Just to clarify the payment thing - if he runs down his contract to leave on a bosman, the team who sign him have to pay compensation, around 80 grand for each year he was a professional at the club, for his training costs. This is the rule for those aged 24 and under.

the point im trying to make is that there is a difference between your contract running out and signing on a bosman

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
25-5-09, 22:05
but they cant be forced to sign a contract

so what happens if they dont sign a contract?

if a player isnt offered a contract by their club and come august they get offered one does their original club still get compensation? no of course they dont

I think the point is that City retain his registration.

Stoney79
25-5-09, 22:05

I getcha now. As stupid as it seems I think if Sturridge's contract ran out tomorrow and we signed him in a months time we would still have to pay
City compensation. I think the idea is to protect smaller clubs who spend fortunes on bringing players through and then they leave for nothing.

ReubenStuddard
25-5-09, 22:06
the point im trying to make is that there is a difference between your contract running out and signing on a bosman

As far as I am aware, the legislation is that no player under the age of 24 can move clubs after his contract expiring at his previous club, without the new club paying compensation - they have to wait for an extended period of time before they can hold his registration, I think 6 months.

Simo429
25-5-09, 22:06
I think the point is that City retain his registration.

so they hold the kid to ransom?

ReubenStuddard
25-5-09, 22:08
so they hold the kid to ransom?

If they want him to stay but he wants to leave, he can only leave if a club is willing to pay the training costs. It is about protecting smaller clubs who invest time and money in players.

Snippes
25-5-09, 22:09

Just ignore it mate...laugh it off and move on. Its really no big deal - the only reason anyone comes right back at you is because they see they are getting under your skin over a non-issue. Duck feathers...brush it off and discuss football.

Stoney79
25-5-09, 22:13

So he'd only cost around 80k x3years = 240k. I'd have him for that! Didn't Arsenal have to pay Barca about £6m in compensation to sign Fabregas. I think the fee was set by a tribunial.

ReubenStuddard
25-5-09, 22:15
So he'd only cost around 80k x3years = 240k. I'd have him for that! Didn't Arsenal have to pay Barca about £6m in compensation to sign Fabregas. I think the fee was set by a tribunial.

Yes, but as fabregas hadn't signed a professional contract with Barca, the rules went out the window.

Graggster
25-5-09, 22:17

Chin up lad.. Your very opinionated and not afraid to show it.. Keep it up!

Stoney79
25-5-09, 22:19
Yes, but as fabregas hadn't signed a professional contract with Barca, the rules went out the window.

I see. Well for £240k he'd be well worry signing even if he's wages may be inflated. Within a season or two he could be a brilliant player.

Graggster
25-5-09, 22:20
I can not see Cieth selling him us... but maybe

LFC_Fan_1_2
25-5-09, 22:21
Surely the player should be liable for training costs and not the future employer. Man City couldn't do anything about his registration.

ReubenStuddard
25-5-09, 22:23
Surely the player should be liable for training costs and not the future employer. Man City couldn't do anything about his registration.

As the Bosman ruling doesn't affect players under 24, they could do what they want with his registration until a tribunal made them give it up.

LFC_Fan_1_2
25-5-09, 22:26
As the Bosman ruling doesn't affect players under 24, they could do what they want with his registration until a tribunal made them give it up.

But a registration surely only last one season before its renewed. Is that not how it works? If the man doesn't have a contract with this employer, they have no rights on this registration, surely?

ReubenStuddard
25-5-09, 22:28
But a registration surely only last one season before its renewed. Is that not how it works? If the man doesn't have a contract with this employer, they have no rights on this registration, surely?

That's why the Bosman ruling was brought in I guess, there are loopholes clubs used to use to get around it. Not sure of the exact details - but I know 100% that players under 24 can not use the Bosman ruling unless the new club pays the training fees.

tobitrice
25-5-09, 23:44
Talented player with good ball control and physical strength. Cosidering he wouldnt cost much, he'd be worth a try. Plus he's a fellow brummie so he'd have my extra backing.

fonzie07
26-5-09, 07:19
i think the lad has forced his way out because he is not first choice and Citeh you assume will be spending quite a big chunk of money this summer.

I think he would settle for much less wages to go to a club like Villa where he may well get a few more games, he may also be disappointed that he found himseld behind Darius Vassel at one stage (humiliating for any player).

I would definately have him, as long as the 60K is more like 20-30 max, because he is seriously deluded if he thinks he will get that money anywhere other than Citeh.

gingerwizardreturns
26-5-09, 10:21
This converation popped up in the pub on saturday, might be worth a risk but I just wonder about his mentality. We were tyying to think of strikers who were good enough (an would be happy enough) to play second fiddle to Torres

Karlos02uk
26-5-09, 10:23

That was the point of a bosman, clubs were still demanding fee's for players after their contract run out as a result bosman's advisors took it to court european court if I remember correctly he was then granted that when out of contract there was no fee to be paid for his services. Him winning that case meant that was the case for everyone. That same bosman as we call it allowed top clubs from europe to sign players younger players (cesc etc) from other clubs without paying anything before they signed their profesional contract (manure did it with the beckham era) then they implemented that regardless of contract status a fee would have to be paid I'm pretty sure thats set at a tribunal as everyone else here has said that runs up till 24.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosman_ruling

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/fifa-submits-transfer-plans-to-commission-637493.html

This is the official stuff from fifa

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/administration/annex_transfer_en_35.pdf

fernandothelegend
3-6-09, 12:37
Does anyone feel he may be worth a go on a free transfer as backup for torres. He seems to have an attitude problem but does have genuine talent and if we could get his wages reasonable and he wanted to come we could do a lot worse. Would prefer better but it all depends on our financial situation.

Carrie-25-xox
3-6-09, 12:41
He looks like a quality player from what I have seen of him. I thought it was almost certain he would be joining Chelsea though. Didn't they offer him rediculous money to sign for them?

RedMenYNWA
3-6-09, 12:43
He looks like a quality player from what I have seen of him. I thought it was almost certain he would be joining Chelsea. Didn't they offer him rediculous money to sign for them?

Yeah I assumed it was a done deal theh way they were talking about it on TalkSport this morning? He has talent and would be very happy if we were to bring him in.

KLAWS
3-6-09, 12:49
Chelsea signed him this morning, he was out of contract, dont no if theyve paid compo or amount as hes still quite young.

EssexTony
3-6-09, 12:52
He's looked quality what I've seen of him. Ah well, another goes by, plenty more fish in the sea :)

LiverpoolRealist
3-6-09, 13:09
Can't say I'm pleased to hear the news on Chelsea about to sign him. All this talk of an attitude is nonsense. I've watch him for the last two seasons and I've not seen anything to suggest that. He's just been stalling on his contract. Even if he did have a bit of an attitude so what, channel it and use it for the good!

He's young, with bags of skill, English and hungry! We've done alot worse when it comes to free transfers. To get the best young e hlish players you're going to have to pay a bit more but it's worth while in the long run.

-Tintin-
3-6-09, 13:13
I don't think Chelsea have signed him just yet.

PoundedYam-OkraSoup
3-6-09, 13:17
Never heard of the fella... Which club was he at previously?

Yo Realist - How u doin bro?

Benny-Noons-Ghost
3-6-09, 13:21

ManCity :)

LiverpoolRealist
3-6-09, 13:50

Yo Realist - How u doin bro?

Ha, ha...Yea I'm good mate. Nice to see you on here after a while.

He came through Man Citys youth team. He has exceptional talent, not only pure skill but he's intelligent with the ball. A mature footballer with dancing feet.

Only 19 I think. He'll be an England international player within two years.

hirsche
3-6-09, 22:35
A name that's not been mentioned much. He's out of contract with City so would not cost anything. Oh and he's English.

Chris-Ninis
3-6-09, 22:36
I'm sure the manager has a few names he's after. All will be revealed soon enough.

LaBamba-Benitez
3-6-09, 22:52
mark hughes said earlier that he has 1 year left on his contract and that hes considering his options, he said the club have offered him a contract which they feel is suitable for the level hes at.

iv been impressed with him when iv seen him come off the bench for city, remember him and robinho pairing up very well at times, how old is he?

hirsche
3-6-09, 22:57
mark hughes said earlier that he has 1 year left on his contract and that hes considering his options, he said the club have offered him a contract which they feel is suitable for the level hes at.

iv been impressed with him when iv seen him come off the bench for city, remember him and robinho pairing up very well at times, how old is he?

LaBamba-Benitez
3-6-09, 23:00

thanks, knew he was young just werent sure how young, surely he wouldnt cost too much either might be worth a look for rafa due to the english players rule too

Euro-77-78-81-84-05
3-6-09, 23:53
Hasn't he gone to Chelsea :confused:

hirsche
3-6-09, 23:55
Hasn't he gone to Chelsea :confused:

He's been linked to them. Don't know if there have been any further developments.

LiverpoolRealist
4-6-09, 06:55
forums.liverpool.tv/showthread.php?t=108702

Please merge Mods.

RotationPolicy
4-6-09, 07:26
forums.liverpool.tv/showthread.php?t=108702

Please merge Mods.

Actual link is http://forums.liverpoolfc.tv/showthread.php?t=108702

hirsche
23-6-09, 20:33
Striker Sturridge off to Chelsea
Daniel Sturridge
Sturridge came through the youth system at City

Chelsea are to sign teenage striker Daniel Sturridge from big-spending Premier League rivals Manchester City.

The fee for the 19-year-old will be decided by a tribunal with the two clubs unable to agree on a deal.

Sturridge will be out of contract at the end of June and has refused a new contract offer at Eastlands.

However, Chelsea will be liable to pay a fee as the player is under the age of 24 and therefore can not move for nothing under the Bosman ruling.

City boss Mark Hughes had been keen to keep Sturridge but would not meet what he believed to be excessive wage demands.

606: DEBATE
The excuse of us being rich should not give him room to hold his own club to ransom

mICAHrICHARDinho

Hughes earlier told BBC Radio Manchester: "We have made an offer which is a good offer for Daniel at this stage of his career and that was refused a couple of weeks back."

The England Under-20 international has scored six goals from 12 starts and 19 substitute appearances for City.

City are looking to get a 'development fee' of around £10m for Sturridge, although Chelsea's valuation is thought to be somewhat lower at an estimated £3m.

odd signing?

ORLY-YARLY
23-6-09, 20:37
That was in the papers weeks ago, not heard anything since...

NinjaGaz
23-6-09, 20:44
He's a 19 year old squad player and he demands £55k / week. Well done to City for telling him to get lost!

langersandmash
23-6-09, 21:44
He's a 19 year old squad player and he demands £55k / week. Well done to City for telling him to get lost!

Agree with you in that that sounds outrageous for him to be asking for. However, I really do feel for a lot of City's young players (amongst which there's a lot of talent). It's enfuriating what City's new owners are doing to the game. Young english talent like Sturridge, who for years up until now has been regarded as one of the best young strikers to be coming through, are being bombed out and being deprived of first team football. The way I see it, it's good on Sturridge and his representatives for pricing City out of keeping him. Why should Caicedo and co be paid however much more than him they do? I hope they get sod all in the way of compensation.

A friend of mine is a City fan and he's massively disappointed that the likes of Johnson, Sturridge, Onuoha, Evans and perhaps even Ireland are all going to be forced out of the side by players just bought in on a wim. Onuoha captaining the U21 side would bring me massive amounts of pride if he was one of our youngsters, on the borders of the first team. For City, he means absolutely nothing if they're going to go out and buy a new back 4 every transfer window.

Vladtheimpaler
23-6-09, 22:29
In my view, he's potentially very, very good - I remember, in particular, his defence-splitting pass for Robinho to equalise against Blackburn last season. He's a big ball of potential, and it's hard to pay at least £55k a week for potential, which is probably why nobody else tried to get him.

But if he starts doing well at Chelsea - 10-15 goals a season well - then it'll look like a bargain.

kopitecrash
24-6-09, 02:35
personally, i think he thinks hell get better coaching and more oppurtunities at chelsea. that is my honest opinion as to why he rejected the contract. that said, im really not sure that a move to chelsea will get him first team oppurtunities.

Snippes
24-6-09, 06:18
Sky says Chelsea will get him for 5MM in some sort of compensation arbitration or something. Not a bad deal though not sure what that means in terms of wages.

That said...this is a horrendous deal for Sturridge. He will get no playing at Chelsea which is always going to be loaded with front runners every time. And while Pato did well at Milan under Ancelotti, we all know that Carlo is of the seasoned persuation. Young Sturridge has no chance and will end up getting loaned out somewhere.

If he knew what was good for him...he should have gone to West Ham and played for maybe the best young coach in the league in Gianfranco. Look at what GZ did for Carlton Cole's career :eek: I thought that kid was condemned to a life of being a Harwood or some other dead lump walking...instead, Zola totally transformed him.

And Sturridge is way better, Zola would have done wonders for him and he would have gotten more playing time. Bad move for the kid....

jamiechloe
24-6-09, 06:56
personally, i think he thinks hell get better coaching and more oppurtunities at chelsea. that is my honest opinion as to why he rejected the contract. that said, im really not sure that a move to chelsea will get him first team oppurtunities.

Perhaps he should have spoke to sidwell, johnson, carlton cole, scott parker etc..what is it with the potentially good english players that go to chelsea and think they can breakthru and they rot..Does Sturridge really think he's gonna further his career at Chelsea..clearly he's gone there for the money but it shows you the type of bloke sturidge is to waste more of his years rotting at chelsea

Kev-is-Red
24-6-09, 07:12
I think N'gog is as talented as him to be honest. Sturridge just knows the English game slightly better at the moment.

nigcoles
24-6-09, 09:26
I really wanted us to sign Sturridge, thought we could get him for a free, but I guess if we had to pay 5-10 million that changes things somewhat. He is obviously pretty arrogant, but think he will be awesome in the future, would have been a good back up for Torres and someone to come on and make a difference.

AnfieldFaithFul
24-6-09, 09:41
I'm not sure he should have gone to Chelsea. I think he will get lost in their reserves. He looks like he has potential, but should be going somewhere to get regular first team action.

Matt-CM
24-6-09, 09:49
I really wanted us to sign Sturridge, thought we could get him for a free, but I guess if we had to pay 5-10 million that changes things somewhat. He is obviously pretty arrogant, but think he will be awesome in the future, would have been a good back up for Torres and someone to come on and make a difference.

I think he's a real prospect and would happily have seen him come to Anfield. However when I watched us play City in the Youth Cup final a couple of years ago I got talking to one of their fans and he told me then that the lad was destined for Chelsea. So perhaps he was never really on the market at all?

EssexTony
24-6-09, 10:00
Sky says Chelsea will get him for 5MM in some sort of compensation arbitration or something. Not a bad deal though not sure what that means in terms of wages.

That said...this is a horrendous deal for Sturridge. He will get no playing at Chelsea which is always going to be loaded with front runners every time. And while Pato did well at Milan under Ancelotti, we all know that Carlo is of the seasoned persuation. Young Sturridge has no chance and will end up getting loaned out somewhere.

If he knew what was good for him...he should have gone to West Ham and played for maybe the best young coach in the league in Gianfranco. Look at what GZ did for Carlton Cole's career :eek: I thought that kid was condemned to a life of being a Harwood or some other dead lump walking...instead, Zola totally transformed him.

And Sturridge is way better, Zola would have done wonders for him and he would have gotten more playing time. Bad move for the kid....

Pato.

19 year old played most of Milan's games.

If the lad's that good and shows it he'll play.

I have been very impressed with him when I've seen him, very quick, good eye for a pass and good technique.

He could play a bigger part than you expect if he's good enough of course.

nigcoles
24-6-09, 11:31
Yeah maybe this deal was sorted out a while ago, it seems he was pretty determined not to sign a new contract. Ah well, I feel at least one of N'gog, Pacheco or Nemeth will become a regular here, so maybe we should give them more of a chance instead of buying some arrogant idiot who probably won't be happy with progressing gradually!

charlesbukowski
24-6-09, 12:19
£55k/week are outrageous but I think the Citizens should have kept him. Remove the dead wood like Caicedo, Benjani, Bojinov, Vassell and use him as third choice behind Roque Santa Cruz and Bellamy.

AayoTheRed
24-6-09, 12:43
i knew since the FA Youth Cup final of 2006 that he was going to be some player...

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
24-6-09, 12:45
I think Sturridge has got a better chance of making it there than some are giving him.

If Kalou can get a game...

-Glen--
28-6-09, 17:26
Have Chelsea officially signed Sturridge yet?

Jezza1968
28-6-09, 18:01
:deadhorse:
Perhaps he should have spoke to sidwell, johnson, carlton cole, scott parker etc..what is it with the potentially good english players that go to chelsea and think they can breakthru and they rot..Does Sturridge really think he's gonna further his career at Chelsea..clearly he's gone there for the money but it shows you the type of bloke sturidge is to waste more of his years rotting at chelsea

he shoulf of spoken to SWP he had 1st hand knowledge of Chelski.
He went fo £20m+ and couldn't get a game he has made a big mistake IMO

DIMI-QC
19-12-10, 16:28
Source: Goal.com

Liverpool To Make A Loan Move For Chelsea Striker Daniel Sturridge - Report

Manager of the Merseyside club, Roy Hodgson, has for some time maintained that he needs to bolster his strike force, so as to give Fernando Torres some breathing space.

And now The People claims that the Reds are looking to take the 21-year-old former Manchester City starlet on loan, with a view to a £5 million permanent transfer during the summer.

Sturridge has not made a single league start at the west London club this term, and it is thought he could be receptive to a move away from Stamford Bridge to reignite his career.

MexicanPiggy
19-12-10, 16:31
Sturridge has not made a single league start at the west London club this term, and it is thought he could be receptive to a move away from Stamford Bridge to reignite his career.

Making a loan move for a young average player who can't get a start at a top club is something small clubs usually do.

NorthernCarollina
19-12-10, 16:34
I'd like that although he might not be the top class striker we're all asking for if we are to continue to play with two strikers.

Seanosdelgardo
Not going to happen.

Sturridge should have moved to someone like Villa and continue his development as a first teamer but he chose the money at Chelsea. Would have been a good player now if he had done.

Unlucky Daniel, no thanks, stay where you are.

jonsonos
Seems and odd one and unlikely to be true but i would have a punt on him if the deal was perminant.

I-SEE-red-PEOPLE
19-12-10, 16:35
Thats a weird one.

Graggster
19-12-10, 16:35
Would welcome this and i reckon Sturridge would want it to.. We just need Chelsea to agree which will be difficult, yet confident it can happen.

Not sure if he´ll have a imediate impact but defo one for the near future.. Good player.

DIMI-QC
19-12-10, 16:36
Making a loan move for a young average player who can't get a start at a top club is something small clubs usually do.

yeah, but a few things must be put into perspective. He left man City because he did not agree to a contract. He's young british talent. He hasnt been given an opportunity with chelsea yet. This may pay off in the long run, you never know. These can be important deal NOW. (if he were to sign with us in the summer)

SweetCarrollNine
19-12-10, 16:36
Pfft.

SlimPickens
19-12-10, 16:37
Isn't he a bit of a ****?
Talented, but an improvement on N'Gog? Hmm...

SonnyBillSuarez
19-12-10, 16:54
we can go one better then him.

PerpetuallyInjured
19-12-10, 17:17
i wouldn't take him on loan, but for £5m I'd take him on a permanent transfer. He has potential, and a decent left foot.

N'gog and Sturridge up front would be decent.

Ihaveadream
19-12-10, 17:19
The lad is a great talent he showed that in both games when we beat them in the youth cup final, but he got greedy his dad is his agent and he asked city for 65k a week, that before even playing for the first team.
A moss side wrongen and tbh he is a city fan that will only come to us for a short while and demand about 80k a week now.

The guy ruined his career by being greedy!

Is he better than our young ones coming thru?

Jazzy-J
19-12-10, 17:26
The lad is a great talent he showed that in both games when we beat them in the youth cup final, but he got greedy his dad is his agent and he asked city for 65k a week, that before even playing for the first team.
A moss side wrongen and tbh he is a city fan that will only come to us for a short while and demand about 80k a week now.

The guy ruined his career by being greedy!

Is he better than our young ones coming thru?

Are you sure he's a city fan from moss side? He signed for city from coventry when he was 15. He's a brummie.

kopitecrash
19-12-10, 17:38
Good player, and for 5 million he would be an absolute steal.

DIMI-QC
19-12-10, 18:17
Good player, and for 5 million he would be an absolute steal.

i think so too.

Ihaveadream
19-12-10, 18:22
Are you sure he's a city fan from moss side? He signed for city from coventry when he was 15. He's a brummie.

never the less the lad is a muppet and i would rather be go get bellars back.

Stephanos666
19-12-10, 18:58
I wouldn't be too against it. He would provide a different option. I know people are saying that he doesn't get a start at a top club but I'm sure if we had Anelka and Drogba as our first choice strikers he wouldn't start many games here either. I'd take him on loan with the view to a permanent deal if he Proves worthy of it.

I'd rather Sturridge over Carlton Cole.

:scarf

ForkHandles
19-12-10, 19:22
he's very good, i can't see chelsea loaning him to us though

Batchy123
19-12-10, 19:27

I think he's a pretty decent player.

Did you say that when rafa signed Crouch from Southampton?

Did you say that when Rafa signed Bellamy?

Did you say that when Rafa signed Pennant?

He's a good young player that could potentially only get better. Had Rafa signed the likes of Johnson (Borro) and Sturridge(Citeh) before other teams got them we'd been in a much better position.

However every time good english talent became available we didn't even sniff around it. We just went for Gareth Barry

ThisIsntFunny
19-12-10, 19:30

He's a good young player that could potentially only get better. Had Rafa signed the likes of Johnson (Borro) and Sturridge(Citeh) before other teams got them we'd been in a much better position.

However every time good english talent became available we didn't even sniff around it. We just went for Gareth Barry

Why are you mentioning Benitez in a thread about a Chelsea striker??

kopitecrash
19-12-10, 19:34

Hmm...someone is obsessed.

The Liver Bird Riseth
19-12-10, 19:46

In his 35 year of management from Halmstad to Malmo to Orebo to Neuchatel Xamax he must have plenty of experience of getting young players from the big clubs.

Gazza74
19-12-10, 19:47
Goal.com quoting The People.

Enough said.

RedBaros
19-12-10, 19:49
Not a chance, he's a promising player for Chelsea, why would they let him go?

Here comes mini crazy season.

SuperJC23
19-12-10, 19:58

Rafa didn't sign any of them on loan first.

I think it would be a good move personally, just pointing out that this is a different kind of deal than those.

jamiechloe
19-12-10, 20:12
Always makes me laugh when I read fans synopsis of a player and use his past behaviour as a reason not to sign them. so far adebyour and sturridge arnt good enough for us coz of their past behaviour and they acted like knobs. Some fans need to have a reality check, we have 1 recognised out and out striker and a striker who may or may not make it but yet we are too big to take on these players.

Fowi
19-12-10, 20:13
I frankly don't see why we would sign him. N'Gog is better.

Midophile
19-12-10, 20:14
We have Goggles. what the point of getting Sturridge.

kopitecrash
19-12-10, 20:15
I frankly don't see why we would sign him. N'Gog is better.

Different type of striker. They would make an awesome partnership, that's one thing.

jamiechloe
19-12-10, 20:24
So what if we have got Ngog, can we not have another

-Bodie-
19-12-10, 22:06
Not seen much of him but he has always been very highly rated. Isnt he the one who broke all them goalscoring records in the reserves set by Micheal Owen?

Anyway whilst i rate him i think we should be aiming for someone of more quality as right now we dont need a young striker with the potential to imprve we have Ngog for that. We need a striker of high quality already.

ElAlonso
19-12-10, 22:10
If we don't become more flexible in terms of positions and formations, players like Sturridge would be fairly useless for us in all honesty.

christhered
19-12-10, 22:13
If we don't become more flexible in terms of positions and formations, players like Sturridge would be fairly useless for us in all honesty.

That's been our problem since Houllier came, so we may as well not sign any ****,

MickMackPaddyWack
19-12-10, 22:14

its to be expected when you have a manager with that small club mentality

ElAlonso
19-12-10, 22:36
That's been our problem since Houllier came, so we may as well not sign any ****,

Not totally.

In Roy's system (and Gerard's often) 4-4-2 isn't flexible enough to get the best out of players.

Rafa's 4-2-3-1 turned into a 4-5-1 when we defended and a 2-4-3 when we attacked.

Can't see where Sturridge would play as Ngog is a much better target man (which is needed in a 4-4-2) and Torres is just going to start all games he's fit in.

KopWaa
19-12-10, 22:41
Source: Goal.com

Liverpool To Make A Loan Move For Chelsea Striker Daniel Sturridge - Report

Manager of the Merseyside club, Roy Hodgson, has for some time maintained that he needs to bolster his strike force, so as to give Fernando Torres some breathing space.

And now The People claims that the Reds are looking to take the 21-year-old former Manchester City starlet on loan, with a view to a £5 million permanent transfer during the summer.

Sturridge has not made a single league start at the west London club this term, and it is thought he could be receptive to a move away from Stamford Bridge to reignite his career. He is a good player and something differnt in our attacking options for a loan yes i would take him, we must get young talented players and he is one i'd be happy with.

Euro-77-78-81-84-05
19-12-10, 23:06
Goal.com quoting The People.

The People quoting nothing, and claiming.

kopitecrash
19-12-10, 23:10
To be honest here...if we didn't have rumours we would have alot less to talk about.

REDULATE
19-12-10, 23:10
We loan him it doesn't work out he goes back to Chelsea.

We loan him and he starts showing the Daniel Sturridge we all saw at Man City then we have someone who we can buy for £5 million.

Nothing to lose in this deal, everything to gain.

-Bodie-
19-12-10, 23:17
We loan him it doesn't work out he goes back to Chelsea.

We loan him and he starts showing the Daniel Sturridge we all saw at Man City then we have someone who we can buy for £5 million.

Nothing to lose in this deal, everything to gain.

Im hoping that we go for a more safe bet than him. Because obviously it wont be a risk financially but it would be a risk if he was the only striker we got as if he flopped then were back to square one, needing a striker.

-Bodie-
19-12-10, 23:18
Although i have just re read my post and that could be said about any striker we get. I just think we should go for a more proven striker.

Carlton Facepalmer
19-12-10, 23:20
Why would chelsea make us stronger??? :confused:

KeemI
20-12-10, 00:54

:D

Luises-Finger
20-12-10, 00:57
To be honest here...if we didn't have rumours we would have alot less to talk about.

And more time to think about what we say?

Sounds good to me.:)

Raphaelthe2nd
20-12-10, 01:01
What a **** idea

REDULATE
20-12-10, 01:02
Im hoping that we go for a more safe bet than him. Because obviously it wont be a risk financially but it would be a risk if he was the only striker we got as if he flopped then were back to square one, needing a striker.

Yeah I know what you mean but I wrote that post with the intention Roy would not just bring him in as the only attacker in January. :p

christhered
20-12-10, 01:41
Not totally.

In Roy's system (and Gerard's often) 4-4-2 isn't flexible enough to get the best out of players.

Rafa's 4-2-3-1 turned into a 4-5-1 when we defended and a 2-4-3 when we attacked.

Can't see where Sturridge would play as Ngog is a much better target man (which is needed in a 4-4-2) and Torres is just going to start all games he's fit in.

I never really got this 4-2-3-1 formation, we had gerrard and torres up from mainly, then the rest of them attempting to pass the ball, usually with abject failure.

SectionOneOneSeven
20-12-10, 01:50
Sounds moneyball - ish

Koppingitred
3-1-11, 01:22
I thought Sturridge was going to be huge and I still think he needs playing time to be great.

Im wondering if a partnership with Torres would flourish

What do you think?

Midophile
3-1-11, 02:28
We have Ngog.

Ngog> Sturridge

Mapeke
3-1-11, 02:29
We have Ngog.

Ngog> Sturridge
Sturridge has far more ability.

Bewdleyfan
3-1-11, 02:31
N'gog > Sturridge

Paulite
3-1-11, 02:36

Based on what? The fact he plays for another club and the grass is therefore greener?

Mapeke
3-1-11, 02:38
Based on what? The fact he plays for another club and the grass is therefore greener?
No, based on the fact he has more ability.

Bewdleyfan
3-1-11, 02:40

Great comeback.

Jazzy-J
3-1-11, 02:41
Sturridge looked phenomenal in the City youth team when they played our lads, but going to Chelsea has really stifled him. I think he has a hell of a lot of ability but a **** poor attitude and thinks he's a big shot.

Mapeke
3-1-11, 02:42
Sturridge looked phenomenal in the City youth team when they played our lads, but going to Chelsea has really stifled him. I think he has a hell of a lot of ability but a **** poor attitude and thinks he's a big shot.
Based on what omgz?

Paulite
3-1-11, 02:44
Based on what omgz?

I said omgz? I don't think I did. I've seen Sturridge play, he's talented. As is N'gog. N'gog happens to have proved himself a little bit more than Sturridge has.

Alon1
3-1-11, 02:45
i don't think he is that special, but any other oponent fan will think the same about Ngog.

Mapeke
3-1-11, 02:47
I said omgz? I don't think I did. I've seen Sturridge play, he's talented. As is N'gog. N'gog happens to have proved himself a little bit more than Sturridge has.
Did you not? I must have misread your post then lolz.

Midophile
3-1-11, 02:47
i don't think he is that special, but any other oponent fan will think the same about Ngog.

Sturridge isnt Chelsea's top scorer. Not the greatest argument but still.

Paulite
3-1-11, 02:48
Did you not? I must have misread your post then lolz.

Indeed, I also doubt you even think Sturridge is better than N'gog. Your entire posting record is just a series of wind ups.

Mapeke
3-1-11, 02:49
Sturridge isn't at a midtable club that has a reserve as their second choice striker.

Bewdleyfan
3-1-11, 02:50

I definitely get that vibe too.

Obviously the lad has a lot of ability and could go on to be a quality player, but i'd prefer to stick with N'gog. They're the same age and David has undoubtedly shown more thus far in his career than Sturridge. Unlike the Chelsea man, N'gog seems to have a great level of maturity about him, which has served him well thus far.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jun/03/daniel-sturridge-mark-hughes-manchester-city

This doesn't look good. "City are understood to have offered £55,000-a-week, with Sturridge allegedly seeking nearer £80,000."

Basically thus far I haven't seen any passion from the lad when I have seen him play. He strolls on to the pitch from the subs bench in such an arrogant manner, a trait he hasn't really earnt yet.

Midophile
3-1-11, 02:51
Sturridge isn't at a midtable club that has a reserve as their second choice striker.

Thats why i said it wasnt the greatest argument. Still, he's playing in a struggling team, arguably has a lot more pressure on him and he's scored more goals. Seems better to me.

Alon1
3-1-11, 02:53

yes, Chelsea is not playing in the EL, if we were in the CL Ngog wouldn't be the top scorer either.

Midophile
3-1-11, 03:02
yes, Chelsea is not playing in the EL, if we were in the CL Ngog wouldn't be the top scorer either.

How do you know Sturridge would be scoring for fun in Europa?

Cold hard facts:
N'gog
G App
English Premier League 2 16
Europa League 6 8
Sturridge
G App
English Premier League (EPL) 0 11
UEFA Champions League 2 5

Ngog edges it for me.

Sheen1979
3-1-11, 03:06
Makes sod all difference to be honest,

Chelsea wont sell or loan to a Europa League/4th place rival:scarf

Seanosdelgardo
3-1-11, 03:09
They're both crap.

Bewdleyfan
3-1-11, 03:09
They're both crap.

Sturridge and Torres?

Lolocaust.

Seanosdelgardo
3-1-11, 03:14
Sturridge and Torres?

Lolocaust.

Ngog & Sturridge ;)

Hobbes.
3-1-11, 03:18
**** me, two seasons ago we were linked with David Villa. Now were linked with sturridge, Macheda and Carlton Cole :crying

SweetCarrollNine
3-1-11, 03:19
Sturridge and Torres?

Lolocaust.

Well hooked!

Ngog & Sturridge ;)

Koppingitred
3-1-11, 03:29
We have Ngog.

Ngog> Sturridge

Your right we should stick to two strikers in a squad. Fool.

Seanosdelgardo
3-1-11, 03:30
Well hooked!

Not at all......i saw the lol comments in the quoted post, just thought i should make it clear considering the op was about Torres.

Midophile
3-1-11, 03:33
Your right we should stick to two strikers in a squad. Fool.

But why should we get a striker worse than the worst striker we have? Fool.

Bewdleyfan
3-1-11, 03:36
But why should we get a striker worse than the worst striker we have? Fool.

Nice, nice.

LiverpoolRealist
3-1-11, 03:40
I can't believe some on here think Ngog is a better player. Number and stats can be so misleading sometimes. All you have to do is look at them play to realize who's better. Sturriage has Drogba, Anelka and Kalou to deal with. He's leaning a lot from them and IMO has been humbled by being around big time performing stars.

Time will prove this argument. In a couple years it'll be interesting to see which of the two has progressed better.

SweetCarrollNine
3-1-11, 03:43
Sturridge is about the ££££££.

If he pulled his head out of his own arse, he'd be a cracking player.

Bewdleyfan
3-1-11, 03:45
I can't believe some on here think Ngog is a better player. Number and stats can be so misleading sometimes. All you have to do is look at them play to realize who's better. Sturriage has Drogba, Anelka and Kalou to deal with. He's leaning a lot from them and IMO has been humbled by being around big time performing stars.

Time will prove this argument. In a couple years it'll be interesting to see which of the two has progressed better.

Exactly. I've seen more from N'gog thus far though.

LiverpoolRealist
3-1-11, 03:54

That's good for you, your opinion. What I've seen Sturriage do at City as a 16,17 and 18 year old and some of his work for Chelsea has been phenomenal. If we can get him on loan I'd take that if he's going to get games.

Maudes77
3-1-11, 03:57
They're both crap.

And that is the unmistakable truth.

Ngog & Sturridge wouldn't be anywhere near our team in an ideal world.

scousertommy-86
3-1-11, 04:03

Stan Collymore had more potential ability than most.

He never fulfilled it.

Bewdleyfan
3-1-11, 04:07
That's good for you, your opinion. What I've seen Sturriage do at City as a 16,17 and 18 year old and some of his work for Chelsea has been phenomenal. If we can get him on loan I'd take that if he's going to get games.

That's good for you, your opinion.

I also saw Sturridge do great things at City as a youth player and I too have watched him play for Chelsea quite a lot on the telly box thing. Phenomenal is a very strong word, considering he's been far from it on the whole. If you believe his work for Chelsea so far to have been extroardinary and sensational, you're easily pleased. Yes, he has flair and is capable of doing some lovely tricks, but on the whole he's flattered to decieve for the past couple of years.

I believe, that bringing in a money hungry 21 year old with an attitude problem is the last thing we need to do right now, considering how low our morale probably is.
Obviously, if we can, we should try to purchase a new more experienced striker, as relying on two 21 year olds as back up to Nando isn't probably wise.

Megali-Idea
3-1-11, 04:28
If we can get him on loan with not to high wages....why not? He could add a something little more if Ngog just isnt cutting it in a game. He can be a far better player then Ngog to. I would take him, and try him out up there....our attack cant get worse.

EhEhPepeReina
3-1-11, 04:30
Sturridge is a bit of a knob but is hugely talented. He has a lot of potential. He seems to be able to do a lot of good things around the box and outside the box but his final ball or his finishing lets him down

old-school
3-1-11, 04:43

I agree with this !

Totally

LiverpoolRealist
3-1-11, 05:07
That's good for you, your opinion.

I also saw Sturridge do great things at City as a youth player and I too have watched him play for Chelsea quite a lot on the telly box thing. Phenomenal is a very strong word, considering he's been far from it on the whole. If you believe his work for Chelsea so far to have been extroardinary and sensational, you're easily pleased. Yes, he has flair and is capable of doing some lovely tricks, but on the whole he's flattered to decieve for the past couple of years.

I believe, that bringing in a money hungry 21 year old with an attitude problem is the last thing we need to do right now, considering how low our morale probably is.
Obviously, if we can, we should try to purchase a new more experienced striker, as relying on two 21 year olds as back up to Nando isn't probably wise.

I said some of his work. Some people really take words and run with them. There's a big difference between a statement saying "some of his work has been phenomenal" compared to "he's been phenomenal". Easily pleased I am not but local youth scout I am. An eye for a technical player with a number of attributes. This I see in Sturriage. If you don't, fair play to you. Like issue earlier, time will prove this redundant argument.

As for his attitude, I find it amusing how people know the demeanor, attitude or personality of players over situations like contract talks. At 19 years old he had his agent (like them or not) try to get the best deal for him. If he stayed at City or not he was always going to be 3 or 4th choice.

I watch Ngog over a period of 18 months and cannot see him becoming a class or world class player. I doubt if he will even gain an international cap in the coming years. But like I say again, time will tell.

I'm going bed.

Midophile
3-1-11, 05:10

I said some of his work. Some people really take words and run with them. There's a big difference between a statement saying "some of his work has keen phenomenal" compared to "he's been phenomenal". Easily pleased I am not but local youth scout I am. An eye for a technical player with a number of attributes. This I see in Sturriage. If you don't, fair play to you. Like issue earlier, time will prove this redundant argument.

As for his attitude, I find it amusing how people know the demeanor, attitude or personality of players over situations like contract talks. At 19 years old he had his agent (like them or not) try to get the best deal for him. If he stayed at City or not he was always going to be 3 or 4th choice.

I watch Ngog over a period of 18 months and cannot see him becoming a class or world class player. I doubt if he will even gain an international cap in the coming years. But like I say again, time will tell.

I'm going bed.

Well he was quite prolific apparently for the French team at youth level. If we become a big team again he might get recognised for the talent he is by the French coach.

LiverpoolRealist
3-1-11, 05:12
Well he was quite prolific apparently for the French team at youth level. If we become a big team again he might get recognised for the talent he is by the French coach.

When Liverpool get back to the level we should be Ngog will not be in the first team. 3rd or maybe 4th choice.

Midophile
3-1-11, 05:13
When Liverpool get back to the level we should be Ngog will not be in the first team. 3rd or maybe 4th choice.

Aye maybe but he still should be in the French set up.

LiverpoolRealist
3-1-11, 05:17
Aye maybe but he still should be in the French set up.

I don't think you know much about French football to come out with that statement. There are 4 or 5 players, maybe more in front of him. All around the same age group and much better.

Finally going bed :)

Jazzy-J
3-1-11, 05:37
******* hell, we've got a local youth scout in our midst. I think we should all just back off. He could be the next Eduardo Macia.

Midophile
3-1-11, 05:44
******* hell, we've got a local youth scout in our midst. I think we should all just back off. He could be the next Eduardo Macia.

You taking the **** out of me or the other bloke?

SaberToothSuarez
3-1-11, 06:45
I reckon Sturridge has bags of potential. Would like to see him on loan here first before we take the plunge of signing the lad.

Ness23
3-1-11, 12:02
I definitely get that vibe too.

Obviously the lad has a lot of ability and could go on to be a quality player, but i'd prefer to stick with N'gog. They're the same age and David has undoubtedly shown more thus far in his career than Sturridge. Unlike the Chelsea man, N'gog seems to have a great level of maturity about him, which has served him well thus far.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jun/03/daniel-sturridge-mark-hughes-manchester-city

This doesn't look good. "City are understood to have offered £55,000-a-week, with Sturridge allegedly seeking nearer £80,000."

Basically thus far I haven't seen any passion from the lad when I have seen him play. He strolls on to the pitch from the subs bench in such an arrogant manner, a trait he hasn't really earnt yet.

He asked for that crazy amount because he knew he'd be stuck on the bench for the length of his contract, so that was a way to make them release him so he could play football.

Might look a little cocky but sometimes you need that in a player. Gerrard use to have the same look, he knew he was something special

Benny-Noons-Ghost
3-1-11, 12:06
**** me, two seasons ago we were linked with David Villa. Now were linked with sturridge, Macheda and Carlton Cole :crying

Macheda?!

If we sign that overrated ugly little ******* I will actually go ballistic :(

jamiechloe
3-1-11, 12:13
I dont know how many times ive posted this but why are some fans so obsessed about someones personality that its enough not to sign them or manage us..Ive heard Adebyour, Sturridge, maureen and countless others not being good enough for us because of their personality...who the hell cares what they are like as people off the pitch, i dont wanna go drinking with them, but if they do the business on the pitch then thats good enough surely

LiverpoolRealist
3-1-11, 12:37

I live in London btw and it's not a full time professional job. I do take it seriously though as you could be responsible for shaping futures. My passion is football and music. I've also worked as a music scout.

You taking the **** out of me or the other bloke?

Not you mate, he's taking the **** out of me. Tongue and cheek though.

Bean1988
3-1-11, 12:46

Agreed, those stats are ridiculous, how about showing how many of thise 11 prem league apps were starts........????

Dont want to knock Ngog to much as he has promise, would say Sturridge is slightly better IMO, not worth selling Ngog who we have invested time in and bringing in a player who is at the same kind of level and might not settle at the club.

Pointless post really, but as were debating it, Sturridge is slightly better and English

liverjackpool
3-1-11, 12:59
We have Ngog.

Ngog> Sturridge

I agree, Sturride really hasn't done anything of note whilst Ngog has proven his worth in the side and immensely improved his game.

Babel has more ability than Ngog, but look how that turned out, to say we should get Sturridge and oust Ngog simply "because he has more ability" when he hasnt done anything to prove it is stupid.

liverjackpool
3-1-11, 13:06
Agreed, those stats are ridiculous, how about showing how many of thise 11 prem league apps were starts........????

Dont want to knock Ngog to much as he has promise, would say Sturridge is slightly better IMO, not worth selling Ngog who we have invested time in and bringing in a player who is at the same kind of level and might not settle at the club.

Pointless post really, but as were debating it, Sturridge is slightly better and English

You mean both are about the same but Sturridge is English so he's therefore better?

EnriquesWeightroom
3-1-11, 15:21
daniel sturridge is quality, he is a flair player who if given a run of games alongside torres, i think they could really flourish, is goals per start rate is actually quite good, he does try things in the final third which dont come off, but im sick of seeing safe passes and crosses going in for liverpool, we need some players like him and im sure he has the ability to do great things and really push on and become a great prem player.

He has supreme confidence in his ability and there is nothing wrong with that, he just needs a run of games, how he hasnt been getting ahead of kalou is beyond me and i think if we can get him on the cheap, the we should do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3R6g2z-Jqu4

I rate ngog, and i think he has come on loads, but could he do any of that in the video posted???

OhLitmanen
3-1-11, 16:51
From what I've seen of Sturridge, he looks a more accomplished player than Ngog. I would be happy signing him if the price was right, but i'd rather we signed someone to be an equal partner for torres in the here and now

Toredo
3-1-11, 17:31
Sturridge is stronger than N'gog and more confident, but N'gog has a better attitude and will improve more.

TaylorL4
3-1-11, 17:42
I think Sturridge has alot of raw potential and fighting with Ngog for the secondary role will get the best out of both players.

Ihaveadream
3-1-11, 17:59
I think Sturridge has alot of raw potential and fighting with Ngog for the secondary role will get the best out of both players.

Or send Cole back to chelsea for us to have sturridge.

We do not need subs on 100k and 85k a week
:p

TaylorL4
3-1-11, 18:06
Or send Cole back to chelsea for us to have sturridge.

We do not need subs on 100k and 85k a week
:p

Thats our biggest problem, so why would we send them away?
We dont have enough quality on bench, we need players like that on bench.

Sabretooth
3-1-11, 18:13
I've seen Sturridge on several occasions and believe he is a very talented player. In my opinion he has better ball control and is more direct than Ngog, and also has more self belief. I'd love to see him at Liverpool but fear that our negative style of play would may hinder his future development. He's not yet the finished article and I think that he needs to play more regularly in the right kind of environment to move on to the next level - not sure that Liverpool under Roy is the correct option for him TBH.

By the way - I also feel Ngog is a talent, but feel he has less belief than Sturridge so of the two I would say Sturridge represents a better dynamic with Torres (currently) than Ngog.

Sturridge (under the right coach) could be a really outstanding player .... would loove to think that he could achieve that at our club.

RedFirefly
3-1-11, 18:54
I've been impressed with N'gog's progression and continued development as a player. Sure he's not good enough to be playing second fiddle to Torres and we should have someone better. However, at his current rate he could well be a decent squad player in a couple of seasons.

clearly he's more interested in money than playing football as he could have gone on to play for a smaller team on the cheap and been playing. As it is he's got little chance of breaking into the first team and only being used as a sub .

The Liver Bird Riseth
29-1-11, 09:48
Sturridge has been rumoured to be as a make weight in the Torres deal. Is he really that much better than Ngog that we would want him? If Torres were togoi would want a straight cash deal or say £40M and Essien

Ibeeeeey-lieve
29-1-11, 09:54
No thanks.

Straight cash for when Fernando leaves (to any club), so we can get players WE want, not players they want to get rid of.

ToTaLxTc
29-1-11, 09:55
He's much better than N'Gog, but is still **** nonetheless. I'd much rather just have the cash too.

Benny-Noons-Ghost
29-1-11, 10:00
He's much better than N'Gog

He really isn't.

No Angel
29-1-11, 10:13
he is both both are ****,every neg i got was over Ngog,so go ahead in my opinion get rid if we need one or the other ill take sturridge everyday over ngog

MaxisSnood
29-1-11, 10:15
1st they offered anelka now sturridge? No thanks

Lizboy10
14-2-11, 13:47
I for one was asking the club to bring Daniel Sturride in, in the January transfer window either on loan or a permanent deal.
In my opinion he is one of the top young English strikers in the country, yet some on here were saying he wasnt better than Ngog!! :eek:

I think since he has gone to Bolton he has put that ridiculous shout to bed. Pace, skill, finishing and the ability to go past someone. He would have been a fabulous addition to our squad in place of Ngog who in comparison is pedestrian, cumbersome and hardly awe inspiring.

So did we miss the boat in this up and coming talent and should we get him in the summer as a 4th choice striker in place of Ngog?

Your thoughts all.

josiewales
14-2-11, 13:48
Good start form him at Bolton, let's not get carried away yet though. Three in three does not a glittering career make.

-SP7-
14-2-11, 13:49
No

REDULATE
14-2-11, 13:49
I would of liked us to get him yes, I really thought he looked the next big thing at Man City, then for some random reason he decided to go to Chelsea, and that stalled him a bit, would of been a gamble though, and maybe if we got him it would of meant we didn't go for Andy Carroll, so it is abit 50/50 on that for me.

redhoops
14-2-11, 13:50
can we give them ngog and we get him:PN:

Ferret92
14-2-11, 13:53
I think he comes across like a ****. Decent player though.

NorthernCarollina
14-2-11, 13:54
I'm not too bothered that we didn't get him to be honest. I'm happy we got the money we got and would have been more disappointed to receive less and then receive Sturridge.

Shamhancks
14-2-11, 14:02
He's had a Titanic start before. Don't worry, he'll hit another iceberg before long. This is one boat you'll be glad you missed.

phuzz
14-2-11, 14:05
He's at a club now that is supposedly his level.