PDA

View Full Version : Agger would make a perfect signing for Barca.

ElFirnimino
24-5-11, 00:09
Given that indications are that Madrid are going on another spending spree, Barca will surely have to make some moves too. I'm expecting them to make a move for Fabregas and bring that saga to an end, but with Puyol aging and Abidal having his complications, central defence is an area of concern for them... Agger IMO would be perfect for them, good passer, good shot on him, great technique, won't have to play a lot of games because they rotate a lot. I really hope they come in for him....

Fowi
24-5-11, 00:10
I guess he could be fit as often as Milito.

SixStringLuke
24-5-11, 00:12
Only if we can have Pique in return. ;)

Hobbes.
24-5-11, 00:12
He's one of two/three CBs in the prem that could make it at Barca. But he can only play that many games in a row unfortunately.

PurpleKoala
24-5-11, 00:13
what you on about? he won't go down like a sack of spuds every time he gets touched. he's not right for them at all.

slimman
24-5-11, 00:31
Can he get fit for us first :P

TakeItEasy
24-5-11, 00:34
He would be a great player for us if he wer'nt made of glass...hope so bad he gets over these niggles!!!

Oakryrch
24-5-11, 00:43
Would I sell Agger for someone like Vertonghen? Yes. Problem is, who's going to buy Agger when they look at his injury record?

SuarezIsClassy08
24-5-11, 00:44
If he says, and I hope he does, then I am sure he'll have a good season.

I love Thor.. err I mean Agger :scarf

Captain Mauser
24-5-11, 00:45
Would I sell Agger for someone like Vertonghen? Yes. Problem is, who's going to buy Agger when they look at his injury record?

Good as Verthonghen is, a fit Agger is worth 3 times him.

Skip Bayless
24-5-11, 00:46
Agger would be perfect for Barca like Woodgate was perfect for Madrid.

Maybe they'll come in for Aurelio too.

Oakryrch
24-5-11, 00:47
Good as Verthonghen is, a fit Agger is worth 3 times him.

Even if Vertonghen can play 3 times the matches that Agger would be able to?

Captain Mauser
24-5-11, 00:52
Agger would be perfect for Barca like Woodgate was perfect for Madrid.

Maybe they'll come in for Aurelio too.

Woodgate is/was a supreme footballer who has been very, very unlucky. Miles better than Ferdinand.

Even if Vertonghen can play 3 times the matches that Agger would be able to?

I think you missed my point, dude.

Oakryrch
24-5-11, 00:55
I think you missed my point, dude.

What did you mean then? Quality wise, I think they're about the same.

Keegan7Suarez
24-5-11, 00:55
Hopefully they can move on him. Get an injury prone weight off your shoulder's.

ElFirnimino
11-8-13, 23:42
Two years late, but still would hate to lose him. Hopefully he's as committed as he's made out to be.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/11/liverpool-daniel-agger-barcelona

Liverpool rally to keep Daniel Agger as Barcelona step up interest
• A £14.6m bid for the Dane has already been rejected
• Agent says player is interested in the move

Andy Hunter
The Guardian, Sunday 11 August 2013 17.30 EDT

Liverpool's Daniel Agger is seemingly in demand once again. Photograph: Thananuwat Srirasant/Getty Images
Daniel Agger's future at Liverpool has been cast into fresh doubt after his agent indicated the Danish defender would be open to a move to Barcelona.

Liverpool rejected a €17m (£14.6m) offer for Agger from the Spanish champions last week amid concern over their central defensive options. Brendan Rodgers responded by appointing the 28-year-old as the new vice-captain following the retirement of Jamie Carragher.

With Carragher gone, Sebastián Coates failing to convince Rodgers and Martin Skrtel's position uncertain having been told he can leave Liverpool earlier in the summer, only to be informed last week that he would not be sold, the Anfield club can ill afford to lose their most influential centre-half. That was reflected in the response to Barcelona, who have targeted either Agger or David Luiz but have received no encouragement from Chelsea that the Brazil international is for sale.

Barcelona are expected to return with an improved offer for the Liverpool defender before the transfer deadline. And Agger's agent, Per Steffensen, has suggested the Denmark international would consider a transfer to Camp Nou.

"We are aware that Barcelona have made an offer for Daniel that Liverpool have rejected," said Steffensen, who was approached by an agent representing the Spanish club several weeks ago. "Daniel has a contract with Liverpool for the next three years and it would be up to the clubs to agree a fee for his transfer in order for that to change."

Agger's departure would be a serious setback to Rodgers, who has struggled to add quality additions to Liverpool's defence this summer, signing only Kolo Touré on a free transfer from Manchester City so far. Liverpool are, however, believed to be close to the £5m signing of Granada's left-back Guilherme Siqueira.

Target-Man
11-8-13, 23:54
It's been coming for a while now. It will be interesting to see what happens. Obviously, Agger will be interested - I don't think there is any player who would not be interested in playing for Barcelona - but the real test is how much of a fuss he makes about it. I don't think he will try to force a move, but I don't think he would reject it if Liverpool agreed to let him go.

Alon1
11-8-13, 23:57
Two years late, but still would hate to lose him. Hopefully he's as committed as he's made out to be.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/11/liverpool-daniel-agger-barcelona

Liverpool rally to keep Daniel Agger as Barcelona step up interest
• A £14.6m bid for the Dane has already been rejected
• Agent says player is interested in the move

Andy Hunter
The Guardian, Sunday 11 August 2013 17.30 EDT

Liverpool's Daniel Agger is seemingly in demand once again. Photograph: Thananuwat Srirasant/Getty Images
Daniel Agger's future at Liverpool has been cast into fresh doubt after his agent indicated the Danish defender would be open to a move to Barcelona.

Liverpool rejected a €17m (£14.6m) offer for Agger from the Spanish champions last week amid concern over their central defensive options. Brendan Rodgers responded by appointing the 28-year-old as the new vice-captain following the retirement of Jamie Carragher.

With Carragher gone, Sebastián Coates failing to convince Rodgers and Martin Skrtel's position uncertain having been told he can leave Liverpool earlier in the summer, only to be informed last week that he would not be sold, the Anfield club can ill afford to lose their most influential centre-half. That was reflected in the response to Barcelona, who have targeted either Agger or David Luiz but have received no encouragement from Chelsea that the Brazil international is for sale.

Barcelona are expected to return with an improved offer for the Liverpool defender before the transfer deadline. And Agger's agent, Per Steffensen, has suggested the Denmark international would consider a transfer to Camp Nou.

"We are aware that Barcelona have made an offer for Daniel that Liverpool have rejected," said Steffensen, who was approached by an agent representing the Spanish club several weeks ago. "Daniel has a contract with Liverpool for the next three years and it would be up to the clubs to agree a fee for his transfer in order for that to change."

Agger's departure would be a serious setback to Rodgers, who has struggled to add quality additions to Liverpool's defence this summer, signing only Kolo Touré on a free transfer from Manchester City so far. Liverpool are, however, believed to be close to the £5m signing of Granada's left-back Guilherme Siqueira.

He hasn't really suggested he wants to leave but he hasn't ruled it either.

Alon1
11-8-13, 23:59
It's been coming for a while now. It will be interesting to see what happens. Obviously, Agger will be interested - I don't think there is any player who would not be interested in playing for Barcelona - but the real test is how much of a fuss he makes about it. I don't think he will try to force a move, but I don't think he would reject it if Liverpool agreed to let him go.

I don't think he is going to do a Suarez but if the club ask him whether he is interested to move it is quite likely he would say yes.

prredhouse
12-8-13, 00:02
If this happens I will be seriously concerned. It would fundamentally undermine this project. So for that reason I can't see it happening.

Mersey Dudek
12-8-13, 00:07
If this happens I will be seriously concerned. It would fundamentally undermine this project. So for that reason I can't see it happening.

I really thought you were going to say "I'm out" there.

Whatusmoking
12-8-13, 00:12
To be fair not many players wouldnt be interested in Barca, top top club. I think Agger is totally different to Suarez though, he knows the score, he wont behave like a little brat, he will leave it up to the club, if we accept a bid then he will be off, if we dont he will stay

prredhouse
12-8-13, 00:12
I really thought you were going to say "I'm out" there.

Why..:-)

Toredo
12-8-13, 00:37
It's a tempest in a teapot. It's not going to happen. LFC lack good central defenders. Why would we agree to let our best one go? Even his agent does not come out and claim that Agger is interested and Rodgers would not appoint him vice-captain if Agger was leaving.

Mersey Dudek
12-8-13, 00:42
Why..:-)

Dragon's Den :D

prredhouse
12-8-13, 00:43
It's a tempest in a teapot. It's not going to happen. LFC lack good central defenders. Why would we agree to let our best one go? Even his agent does not come out and claim that Agger is interested and Rodgers would not appoint him vice-captain if Agger was leaving.

Ever read wind in the willows?
Agger is a very cultured defender and the op is right. Still I think he has a loyality consideration due to his poor injury record and the club standing by him..luis suarez on the other hand hasn't a poor injury record but id merely a ........

prredhouse
12-8-13, 00:44
Agger is a very cultured defender and the op is right. Still I think he has a loyality consideration due to his poor injury record and the club standing by him..luis suarez on the other hand hasn't a poor injury record but id merely a ........

Damn phone...id= is

KanyeWest
12-8-13, 00:46
"Daniel has a contract with Liverpool for the next three years and it would be up to the clubs to agree a fee for his transfer in order for that to change."

Tbf, the title of the article is a bit misleading. He doesnt actually say Agger would be interested at all, all he said is that it would be up to Liverpool if they wanted to sell him or not.

KanyeWest
12-8-13, 00:48

So random.... but thats a quality book (and movie):D

prredhouse
12-8-13, 00:50
So random.... but thats a qualify book (and movie):D

Tempest in a teapot isnt that good though. ..

TheSoundLady
12-8-13, 03:00
We're not selling Agger.

I'd rather sell Luis for 30 mil than sell Agger for 30.

RoyStapleton
12-8-13, 05:15
He's just been made VC and he's the only player at the club, with the exception of Gerrard and possibly Lucas, who actually knows what loyalty is.

There's more chance of Borini scoring 30 goals in the league, there is of Agger leaving.

robbieflowerpot
12-8-13, 07:06
He's just been made VC and he's the only player at the club, with the exception of Gerrard and possibly Lucas, who actually knows what loyalty is.

There's more chance of Borini scoring 30 goals in the league, there is of Agger leaving.

If the quotes attributed to Agger's agent are true, then clealy you're wrong. If they offer enough we'd sell and Skrtel won't get to reunite with Rafa. Not saying it's what I want as it isn't but Barca are probably the only club he woukd leave for - and would you blame him.

Fletcher83
12-8-13, 07:21
If the quotes attributed to Agger's agent are true, then clealy you're wrong. If they offer enough we'd sell and Skrtel won't get to reunite with Rafa. Not saying it's what I want as it isn't but Barca are probably the only club he woukd leave for - and would you blame him.

His Agent can do one, Agger and Brendan know whats happening, he would not have been given the VC otherwise! Barca can sniff elsewhere

cravenz
12-8-13, 08:16
Whatever happens, there would be no hard feelings for me if Agger left for Barca. He's a classy player and I'd wish nothing but the best for him. If not for his injuries, only Fowler knows how much more of a contribution he would have put in.

Keegan7Suarez
12-8-13, 08:16
Or a perfect player for us.

ein92
12-8-13, 08:23
There's no chance he's leaving.

It'sTris
12-8-13, 08:35
Daniel *********** Agger! People don't know the quality of this guy right right here! Top *********** class!!!

KanyeWest
12-8-13, 08:52

His agent didn't say actually say anything really though. He just said it was up to the club's to sort out.

Daymo68
12-8-13, 08:58
Daniel Agger would be a great signing for any club in the world. Hopefully now given the VC he is staying at Liverpool.