PDA

View Full Version : Does Shelvey remind you of Paul Gascoigne?.....Gerrard?

Pages : [1] 2

GrantLondon
29-5-11, 10:49
I am a huge fan of Shelvey and think he is going to turn out a sensational player.

I was just watching his body language when he plays and I feel he has similar attributes and temperament to Paul Gascoigne.

I think when he plays for the first team he tries to do too much and sometimes and you question why he does it. However, I honestly believe this is because he is passionate and has huge belief in himself.

I say this time after time, but I am excited about this guy and him and foresee him and Wilshere as England's CM.

Fowi
29-5-11, 10:52
Nowhere near the talent of Gazza.

Themessangernr1
29-5-11, 10:53
and spearing is the next gerrard. poulsen the next mascherano etc.

GrantLondon
29-5-11, 10:54

Fair comment to make at this point in time. Gazza was a different gear.

However, I will reserve my judgement until he is given a couple of seasons in the line up.

Dashmundo

True, I can't see him typing 3 paragraphs worth of a Tomkins imitation...

I like Shelvey, though. It really is too early to say whether he'll progress to a level that is good enough for the level we're aiming for. But he's great to watch, because he'll try absolutely anything. Crazy guy.

Captain Mauser
Mate... I like Jonjo and everything... But... :rolleyes:

bestituta
29-5-11, 10:56
I think he has similar attributes to Duncan Goodhew.

GrantLondon
29-5-11, 10:57

lol You horrible horrible man. :FP:

29-5-11, 10:58
As far as we know Shelvey doesn,t cry when he loses.
Isn't continually pi88ed and has never hit a woman.
No likeness at all THANK GOD;)

Captain Mauser
29-5-11, 10:59
I think he has similar etc, etc.... Lex Luthor

29-5-11, 11:00
:D

superb I just love the humour on this site

-SilkySkills-
29-5-11, 11:02
no way is he anything like him !

and im a massive fan of shelvey

-Bodie-
29-5-11, 11:02
I just love his confidence. My only wish is we had more players that had the balls to try lobbing the keeper from the half way line.

bestituta
29-5-11, 11:26

superb I just love the humour on this site

I think it might go over the heads of the younger ones.....old Duncan was a legend in his own right.

PaddockBeanie
29-5-11, 11:28
Then you can't have ever seen Gazza play when he was Shelveys age..
Ridiculous post.

I'm not knocking Shelvey.... but this is ludicrous!

PaddockBeanie
29-5-11, 11:31
As far as we know Shelvey doesn,t cry when he loses.

Gazzas famous tears weren't because he'd lost but because he got a foolish yellow card in the world cup semi final that he knew ruled him out of the final, if england got there..

Refs no longer give yellow cards in semis to avoid this sort of thing.. perhaps Gazzas legacy? Or maybe Roy Keanes?

Andyfagan
29-5-11, 11:31
He looks nothing like Gazza (http://www.rockymusic.org/img/vidcaps/ROB-CrystalMazeS1E01-Intro.jpg) :confused:

bestituta
29-5-11, 11:38
He looks nothing like Gazza (http://www.rockymusic.org/img/vidcaps/ROB-CrystalMazeS1E01-Intro.jpg) :confused:

TeenageMutantNinJaSkrtel
29-5-11, 11:39
Then keep him away from the beer FFS!

Liddelwomen
29-5-11, 11:39
A bright future ahead for young Shelvey then.

Chris Evans will be his bezzie mate an' all.

gedzredz
29-5-11, 11:43
Gazza in his hay day was one of the most talented players I've ever had the privilege to watch, an absolute joy to behold.

Much as I like Shelvey there is no comparison.

Liddelwomen
29-5-11, 11:45
Gazza in his hay day was one of the most talented players I've ever had the privilege to watch, an absolute joy to behold.

Much as I like Shelvey there is no comparison.

Correct. That's why I thought the OP must going on about the off-field side of things.

gedzredz
29-5-11, 11:56
Correct. That's why I thought the OP must going on about the off-field side of things.

I wasn't aware of the alcohol riddled, gambling addicted, wife beating, mentally ill side of Shelvey?

At least get the wonderfull stuff out of the way before you lose the plot (see Freddie Star).

Skip Bayless
29-5-11, 12:01
I am a huge fan of Shelvey and think he is going to turn out a sensational player.

I was just watching his body language when he plays and I feel he has similar attributes and temperament to Paul Gascoigne.

I think when he plays for the first team he tries to do too much and sometimes and you question why he does it. However, I honestly believe this is because he is passionate and has huge belief in himself.

I say this time after time, but I am excited about this guy and him and foresee him and Wilshere as England's CM.

Are you sure you've watched Gazza play? (or Shelvey).

WineForMyMen
29-5-11, 12:10
I really like him, but purely in terms of style, not talent, he's more similar to Zidane. Similar languid gait, confidence on the ball, and balance.

Gascoigne was a bit more hustle and bustle. A bit more drive. Adam Hamill was probably the closest thing we had in recent years. But I've also mentioned that Morgan has something of the Gazza about him.

Lizboy10
29-5-11, 12:15

This is Priceless!! :D

Dashmundo
29-5-11, 12:21
I really like him, but purely in terms of style, not talent, he's more similar to Zidane. Similar languid gait, confidence on the ball, and balance.

Gascoigne was a bit more hustle and bustle. A bit more drive. Adam Hamill was probably the closest thing we had in recent years. But I've also mentioned that Morgan has something of the Gazza about him.

:eek:

I can't work out if this post is sarcastic or not.

Adam Hamill was the closest thing we've had to Gascoigne in years? Adam Morgan has a bit of "Gazza" to him?

I really like Shelvey, but his touch on the ball can't be compared to Zidane - and that was a big part of Zidane's game, since you're only comparing their style of play.

WindyShepherdHenderson
29-5-11, 12:23
Next up: Wisdom reminds me of Roberto Ayala.

-SilkySkills-
29-5-11, 12:24
shelvey is shelvey and everybody else hes being compared to should be getting compared to shelvey instead

like that gazza hes almost as good as shelvey !
or zidane looks as good as shelvey but isnt !

IBRA who ! :D

WineForMyMen
29-5-11, 12:26
:eek:

I can't work out if this post is sarcastic or not.

Adam Hamill was the closest thing we've had to Gascoigne in years? Adam Morgan has a bit of "Gazza" to him?

I really like Shelvey, but his touch on the ball can't be compared to Zidane - and that was a big part of Zidane's game, since you're only comparing their style of play.

Given that I'm limited my view to young players that have played for us and are most like Gascoigne in style, who would you pick that's closer?

And yes, Shelvey is more similar to Zidane. But just to re-iterate the tedious disclaimer before someone tries to take it out of context: in style, not in ability.

Bewdleyfan
29-5-11, 12:32
Given that I'm limited my view to young players that have played for us and are most like Gascoigne in style, who would you pick that's closer?

And yes, Shelvey is more similar to Zidane. But just to re-iterate the tedious disclaimer before someone tries to take it out of context: in style, not in ability.

Completely agree.

gedzredz
29-5-11, 12:33
And yes, Shelvey is more similar to Zidane..

You've said this twice now which leads me to believe you may be serious.

If you are indeed serious then I'm afraid you may be insane.

WineForMyMen
29-5-11, 12:35
You've said this twice now which leads me to believe you may be serious.

If you are indeed serious then I'm afraid you may be insane.

Right, now you've got that off your chest how about actually presenting the opposing view?

Liddelwomen
29-5-11, 12:37
Next up: Wisdom reminds me of Roberto Ayala.

Norman? Ayala has a great penchant for slapstick apparently.

WineForMyMen
29-5-11, 12:42
Norman? Ayala has a great penchant for slapstick apparently.

Like Djimi Traore then?

Liddelwomen
29-5-11, 13:18
Like Djimi Traore then?

Agreed ! Burnley :D or should I say :(

Dashmundo
29-5-11, 13:41
Right, now you've got that off your chest how about actually presenting the opposing view?

Cool, after re-reading it, it's not that much of a radical view.

Shelvey IS more like Zidane than Gazza. Just like he's more like Gerrard than Gazza. As well as being more like Kevin Nolan than Gazza in style of play. But I guess if we're comparing to Gazza, Zidane is more of an appropriate person to pick because of stature?

It's just an eyesore seeing Hammill, Shelvey and Morgan in the same sentence as Gascoigne and Zidane.

Skip Bayless
29-5-11, 13:43
Cool, after re-reading it, it's not that much of a radical view.

Shelvey IS more like Zidane than Gazza. Just like he's more like Gerrard than Gazza. As well as being more like Kevin Nolan than Gazza in style of play. But I guess if we're comparing to Gazza, Zidane is more of an appropriate person to pick because of stature?

It's just an eyesore seeing Hammill, Shelvey and Morgan in the same sentence as Gascoigne and Zidane.

;) Very succinct.

SweetSilverSeven
29-5-11, 13:56
I think Shelvy will become a fantastic players!
But lets just allow him to develope into his own type of player

-SilkySkills-
29-5-11, 13:57
no pressure shelvey

Wowbagger
29-5-11, 14:16
Isnt this thread a tad racist?
Or baldist?

GrantLondon
29-5-11, 16:39
Did someone say he is more like Zidane?

Ridiculous.

Zidane had such much finesse like an artist with the ball at his feet.

The way he moves and runs over the pitch is like Gazza.

GrantLondon
29-5-11, 16:49
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoMccEVHvBU

Watch the clip.

He dictates the game like Gazza.

Captain Mauser
29-5-11, 16:53
Andy Carroll reminds me of a young Pele.

viper006
29-5-11, 16:54
absolutely no chance.. this is akin to saying bebe is better than messi.

shelvey has along along way to go to before hes even earned a full starting place in our team.

-SilkySkills-
29-5-11, 16:55
ngog reminds me of a young heskey

-CADS-
29-5-11, 16:57
Martin Kelly reminds me of a young Roger Federer.

GrantLondon
29-5-11, 16:57
If you read the original post you would understand the point.

When any tall, black defensive midfielder gets compared to Vieira nobody means for one second they are going to be better than Vieira. They are just stating they have similar attributes.

I.e Diaby, Sissoko etc

Captain Mauser
29-5-11, 16:58
Luis Suarex reminds me of a young Midge Ure.

Liddelwomen
29-5-11, 17:03
Jamie Carragher reminds me of a young Kryton from Red Dwarf.

Who's Suarex by the way?

-CADS-
29-5-11, 17:06
Luis Suarex reminds me of a young Midge Ure.

Luis Suarex reminds me of a young Luis Suarez.

El Ivy
29-5-11, 17:06
I reckon Shelvey looks like Stephen French. Those of you from Merseyside might know.

Liddelwomen
29-5-11, 17:09
I reckon Shelvey looks like Stephen French. Those of you from Merseyside might know.

Better that than Michael French I suppose...

El Ivy
29-5-11, 17:11
Better that than Michael French I suppose...

Or Dawn French :D

-SilkySkills-
29-5-11, 17:17
rio ferdinand reminds me of plug from bash street kids

-CADS-
29-5-11, 17:20
Steve Bruce reminds me of Arnold (http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_uXfTUt6rAj4/TB5hm7DBidI/AAAAAAAAAJg/TyeXwHtEWbE/s1600/HeyArnold!.jpg) from CITV's "Hey Arnold!"

Captain Mauser
29-5-11, 17:27

Frenchy is a grass!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Liddelwomen
29-5-11, 17:31
Frenchy is a grass!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No he's just a ************* gangster wannabe.

Captain Mauser
29-5-11, 17:33
No he's just a ************* gangster wannabe.

His book is ******* hilarious.... absolute comedy gold and he doesn't even know it.

Liddelwomen
29-5-11, 17:38
His book is ******* hilarious.... absolute comedy gold and he doesn't even know it.

I'll give it a go then. I take it from your post he comes across as an absolute beaut whilst not knowing it.

Captain Mauser
29-5-11, 17:42
I'll give it a go then. I take it from your post he comes across as an absolute beaut whilst not knowing it.

I can't describe it... he calls himself 'The Devil', that's the first big laugh :D

Liddelwomen
29-5-11, 17:43
I can't describe it... he calls himself 'The Devil', that's the first big laugh :D

Sold ! That's it I'm buying it asap.

Captain Mauser
29-5-11, 17:51
Sold ! That's it I'm buying it asap.

If I remember rightly, he claims to have been the best Kickboxer in the World :D

Liddelwomen
29-5-11, 17:59
If I remember rightly, he claims to have been the best Kickboxer in the World :D

:D better and better. No more spoilers !

El Ivy
29-5-11, 18:19
At the risk of getting murdered. Tell me this isn't Shelvey!!

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_ANNSRoaDZro/S8Qx7maWD-I/AAAAAAAAGvs/WDDX0ISi8-M/s400/stephen-french-.jpg&imgrefurl=http://blogclinic.blogspot.com/2010_04_01_archive.html&h=180&w=300&sz=11&tbnid=LHrAE0GI1YR5ZM:&tbnh=70&tbnw=116&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dstephen%2Bfrench%2Bliverpool%26tbm%3D isch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=stephen+french+liverpool&hl=en&usg=__VSb1rTNTlYJeKiSGJw1tHaOOgvU=&sa=X&ei=5n_iTYjHL4PAhAey57TzBw&ved=0CDsQ9QEwBg

Liddelwomen
29-5-11, 18:20

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_ANNSRoaDZro/S8Qx7maWD-I/AAAAAAAAGvs/WDDX0ISi8-M/s400/stephen-french-.jpg&imgrefurl=http://blogclinic.blogspot.com/2010_04_01_archive.html&h=180&w=300&sz=11&tbnid=LHrAE0GI1YR5ZM:&tbnh=70&tbnw=116&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dstephen%2Bfrench%2Bliverpool%26tbm%3D isch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=stephen+french+liverpool&hl=en&usg=__VSb1rTNTlYJeKiSGJw1tHaOOgvU=&sa=X&ei=5n_iTYjHL4PAhAey57TzBw&ved=0CDsQ9QEwBg

Yes that's him :D

-SilkySkills-
29-5-11, 18:21

:confused:

El Ivy
29-5-11, 18:22
no its a car

Too quick for me mate!! I hyperlinked the wrong photo!!! :FP:

-SilkySkills-
29-5-11, 18:23
Too quick for me mate!! I hyperlinked the wrong photo!!! :FP:

dont tell me you were thinking about buying it

El Ivy
29-5-11, 18:24
Even worse mate. Selling it!!!

-SilkySkills-
29-5-11, 18:24
Even worse mate. Selling it!!!

lol i bid 5 pounds

El Ivy
29-5-11, 18:25
lol i bid 5 pounds

Make it 4 and it's yours :D

-SilkySkills-
29-5-11, 18:26

i dont have change im a high roller

El Ivy
29-5-11, 18:26
i dont have change im a high roller

que sera sera

Liddelwomen
29-5-11, 18:27

Can you put the ebay link back on a sec. Cheers

-SilkySkills-
29-5-11, 18:28
que sera sera

lol have the dub step version

SerRenely
29-5-11, 22:54
I think Shelvey has a lot of potential, I just hope we get it out of him. Before he got injured he was starting to get there, you could see he was almost breaking through. After the injury he was sort of played out of position, but was at least getting games. Next year will be big for him.

GrantLondon
10-12-11, 10:26
Give Shelvey a run and I believe he will not let us down.

Captain Mauser
10-12-11, 10:31
Give Shelvey a run and I believe he will not let us down.

Oh the humanity!!

If ever a thread deserved to die it was this... can't believe you've brought it back Grant.

WirralRiddler
10-12-11, 10:47

i agree with Fowi:scarf

shelvey looks a talent but Gazza was on a whole different level, one of the very best players EVER. IMO.

Captain Mauser
10-12-11, 10:49
i agree with Fowi:scarf

shelvey looks a talent but Gazza was on a whole different level, one of the very best players EVER. IMO.

Let this thread die Riddler, you cruel ******* :D

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
10-12-11, 11:48
He's like a cross between Gazza and Zidane.

KylianMdwappe
10-12-11, 11:49
He's like a cross between Gazza and Zidane.

Gazou?

GiorgosCarraGoonies
10-12-11, 11:49
Gazou?

No, Zizza

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
10-12-11, 11:56
Jimmy five step overs.

WirralRiddler
10-12-11, 13:40
No, Zizza

Zinedine Gascoigne:D

sounds Italian:D

NJNorm
10-12-11, 13:44
Then you can't have ever seen Gazza play when he was Shelveys age..
Ridiculous post.

I'm not knocking Shelvey.... but this is ludicrous!

cannot remember Gazza at a young age so help an old guy out tell me of Gazza's early exploits (football only please)

WirralRiddler
10-12-11, 13:56
cannot remember Gazza at a young age so help an old guy out tell me of Gazza's early exploits (football only please)

the fact people rate him so highly dispite him never really winning anything tells you all you need to know. When you saw him play you could just see a was a PLAYER, just a cut above most players even on a bad day.

GrantLondon
10-12-11, 14:10

I think some of you have actually jumped on the bandwagon and misunderstood what I have had actually wrote. Try reading the original post properly before using any opportunity to take the moral high ground.

Where have I said Shelvey is as good as Paul Gascoigne at the same age?

Nani has similar attributes to C.Ronaldo, Wilshere has similar attributes as Xavi it does not make either of them better than the latter.

I happen to think Shelvey moves around the pitch with a confidence, and enthusiasm like Gazza. From the way he effortless sprays the ball around the pitch to his ambitious long shots which he often executes. He is extremely hard in the tackle and personally I perceive him as a bit of a joker around the team.

Big future ahead, and sky’s the limit in my humble opinion but of course that is all it is, an opinion... just like yours.

GrantLondon
18-12-11, 14:04
Watch Shelvey today, body language etc

redhoops
18-12-11, 14:06
Watch Shelvey today, body language etc

grant. why keep doing this?:ohmy:

-SilkySkills-
18-12-11, 14:06
I love this thread :laugh: ....grant you crazy :wacko:

GrantLondon
18-12-11, 14:59
Haha. Sorry lads.

Just don't like creating new unnecessary threads.

LucasAintDancin
18-12-11, 16:08
Haha. Sorry lads.

Just don't like creating new unnecessary threads.

I've said he reminds me of Zizou so us crazy folk aint alone.:ph34r:

Kloppette
18-12-11, 17:38
I've said he reminds me of Zizou so us crazy folk aint alone.:ph34r:

Zizou is more similar than Gazza, Jonjo has that laid back style and lope thats similar to Zizou.

I don't really see the Gazza similarities, Adam is more like Gazza in that respect with lots of upper body strength, just less skill.

I think Jonjo will turn out to be a Prem class player, maybe world class as he is still young.

Liverdinner
18-12-11, 17:49
Reminds me of Zidane the way he moves.

In terms of playing style, I aint so sure who he is like.

bestituta
18-12-11, 18:27
Reminds me of Duncan Goodhew........

but in any case he is turning into a very very good player.

Oh-Bout-Tree-Fiddy
18-12-11, 18:30
The OP said that Shelvey reminds him of Gazza....not that he is the next Gazza!

He is young and who knows what he can achieve in the future!!

-SilkySkills-
18-12-11, 18:39
not to sure who he reminds me of

DiscoDjimi
18-12-11, 19:13
Thank god I am not the only one who thinks he plays like Zidane, can't defend or tackle to save his life, but the creativity and the touch is ridiculous.

Carlton Facepalmer
18-12-11, 19:16
Reminds me of Pele. Doesn't pop up where he should enough...

I expect he will be a firm fixture in our future.

Kloppette
18-12-11, 19:19
Reminds me of Pele. Doesn't pop up where he should enough...

I expect he will be a firm fixture in our future.

.........:tumbleweed

Mike-91
18-12-11, 19:19
He reminds me of Garrincha.

Anyway, I thought he did really well today.

And if his greedy team mates had passed to him, he could of had 2 goals.

Carlton Facepalmer
18-12-11, 19:43
.........:tumbleweed

Shut your mush!

BoDiddley
18-12-11, 20:17
Shut your mush!

He reminds me of ~ Albert Tatlock. Spaced

Dynasty-inthe-Making
18-12-11, 20:40
He reminds me of Dr.Evil :p

Jazzy-J
18-12-11, 20:45
Would fit in well in Avatar 2.

Fleems
18-12-11, 21:09
Reminds me of Blaise Nkufo.

Carlton Facepalmer
18-12-11, 21:21
Reminds me of the great Michael Berryman (http://s11.allstarpics.net/images/orig/z/h/zh7znphxh3q17hnq.jpg)...

RogerHuntelaar
18-12-11, 21:21
Reminds me of Blaise Nkufo.

:laugh:

Reminds me a bit of Puyol to be honest.

LucasAintDancin
18-12-11, 22:03
Zizou is more similar than Gazza, Jonjo has that laid back style and lope thats similar to Zizou.

I don't really see the Gazza similarities, Adam is more like Gazza in that respect with lots of upper body strength, just less skill.

I think Jonjo will turn out to be a Prem class player, maybe world class as he is still young.
Indeed.:)

Eddes
18-12-11, 22:08
Reminds me of Jonny Wilkinson the way he lifts it over the posts :nowink:

Kloppsbeard
18-12-11, 22:25
What I like about the lad is his confidence and his clear sense that he can do something good/creative/unexpected every time he gets the ball. He also has a mean shot on him. He has to work on his athleticism/quickness/power. The touch, vision, shot are all there. He plays nothing like Gascoigne. I liken him more to a Mezut Ozil-type player if he matures.

Midophile
18-12-11, 22:51
Shelvey reminds me of Wilfrid from the Bash Street Kids or Lex Luthor.

I-SEE-red-PEOPLE
18-12-11, 22:54
He's the spit of Ted Lange from the love boat

Ferreroid
18-12-11, 22:58
Shelvey reminds me of Wilfrid from the Bash Street Kids or Lex Luthor.

lol

LivingProof
18-12-11, 22:59
Reminds me of lord voldermort.

Ferreroid
18-12-11, 23:00
He's the spit of Ted Lange from the love boat

a Void never since filled on sunday. :ohmy:

RafaLaBamba
18-12-11, 23:04
Good player. Could be an important player for us. :tongue2:

BridgeportBlocker
18-12-11, 23:11
JonJo Shelvey, as he is playing today, reminds me a lot of Gareth Berry. Not a ton of pace but enough to get him through most games, good head for the game, good vision, solid passing, good creativity, and terrific tactical awareness.

As a matter of fact, I think he may be just as good as Gareth Barry right now. And if Gareth Barry is good enough to start for a first place Manchester City, JonJo certainly has a spot on our team.

Yes, I know Gareth Barry is an England International, blah, blah, blah but the fact of the matter is we are throwing around names like Gascoigne and Zidane and these are players that were world class in their prime.

What I'm having a hard time trying to figure out is what JonJo will morph into. He obviously likes going forward and is able to get in the mix in the offensive third. He will morph into someone that I haven't been able to liken him to yet. I'll get back to you on that. :tongue2:

KanyeWest
18-12-11, 23:13
He reminds me of a Smurf. Why the hell was his head blue today?!

Dioltas
18-12-11, 23:14
He reminds me of a Smurf. Why the hell was his head blue today?!

The sad thing is so many people might actually take your bait there :laugh:

Midophile
18-12-11, 23:14
JonJo Shelvey, as he is playing today, reminds me a lot of Gareth Berry. Not a ton of pace but enough to get him through most games, good head for the game, good vision, solid passing, good creativity, and terrific tactical awareness.

As a matter of fact, I think he may be just as good as Gareth Barry right now. And if Gareth Barry is good enough to start for a first place Manchester City, JonJo certainly has a spot on our team.

Yes, I know Gareth Barry is an England International, blah, blah, blah but the fact of the matter is we are throwing around names like Gascoigne and Zidane and these are players that were world class in their prime.

What I'm having a hard time trying to figure out is what JonJo will morph into. He obviously likes going forward and is able to get in the mix in the offensive third. He will morph into someone that I haven't been able to liken him to yet. I'll get back to you on that. :tongue2:

Another good shout.

GordonBennett
18-12-11, 23:39
He's got a good turn of pace, eye for a shot and gets stuck in.

Reminds me of someone.

AussieKop22
19-12-11, 00:09
How did he play today?

I have not seen a lot of the lad, but I do have high hopes for him.

Andyfagan
19-12-11, 02:33
He's got a good turn of pace, eye for a shot and gets stuck in.

Reminds me of someone.

Not sure about the pace thing. For me pace is the one real skill that he lacks.

AussieT
19-12-11, 03:16
Shelvey and Stirling together at LFC christmas party.

http://williamkamkwamba.typepad.com/williamkamkwamba/2009/01/blue-man-group-in-las-vegas.html

WeeLad
19-12-11, 03:27
He's got the moves like Gerrard...:tongue2:

4thKit
19-12-11, 04:04

Yet, and maybe not ever, but is certainly going to be a big player in 5 or so years.

4thKit
19-12-11, 04:14

This is Priceless!! :D

I think its worth no more than threepence hapney, Maybe ten bob at a push.

MiroTheRed
19-12-11, 04:43
Shelvey is going to be the next Liverpool Captain.

His Passing and movement off the ball is brilliant.

SlackeryShamone
19-12-11, 06:45
Shelvey reminds me of Robert Tessier. The tough convict from the Burt Reynolds movie 'The longest yard'.

BeautifulHistory
19-12-11, 08:04
i think bit of players skills

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0w50T70ylY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgGa55ZvO6k

beijingbenny
19-12-11, 08:13
I have to say he reminds me of Gerrard.

Rangy legs, good technique, and an eye for goal.

He also really oozes confidence in his own ability.

If Kenny believes he can already be in the first team, that is good enough for me. He is clearly a fan!

SerRenely
19-12-11, 20:53
I think he has a lot of potential. Reminds me of Gerrard a fair bit.

Seems a lot of people want to nail his coffin shut here.

TheRiedle
19-12-11, 20:59
I have to say he reminds me of Gerrard.

Rangy legs, good technique, and an eye for goal.

He also really oozes confidence in his own ability.

If Kenny believes he can already be in the first team, that is good enough for me. He is clearly a fan!

Well I think the same but was a little scared I'd get slated for it. Jonjo Shelvey is the long term replacement for Stevie G.

Scrams
19-12-11, 21:01
Jonjo Shelvey reminds me of Romulan from Star Trek :mellow:

SCHNAPP
19-12-11, 21:06
He reminds me of Gerrard, but just don't think he is as dynamic or athletic.

He can have a very promising career with us though.

Paullfc1976
19-12-11, 21:08
When he see Shelvey I think, you're not 19; mo fo you're at least 30.

LFC Klopp
19-12-11, 21:10
Jonjo reminds me and we call him Gru (http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=gru&hl=en&biw=962&bih=539&gbv=2&tbm=isch&tbnid=FGB0zdZt7V5anM:&imgrefurl=http://koichi.pavedearth.org/2010/07/30/despicable-me-review/gru-from-dispicable-me/&docid=cIRSGpEV5alXIM&imgurl=http://koichi.pavedearth.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Gru-from-Dispicable-Me.jpg&w=600&h=306&ei=o6fvTvilOoSQ8QOJ5qWcCg&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=299&vpy=179&dur=241&hovh=160&hovw=315&tx=178&ty=93&sig=104661473348156960152&page=1&tbnh=97&tbnw=190&start=0&ndsp=8&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0) from Dispicable Me. :wacko:

It'sTris
19-12-11, 21:15
He reminds me of Zinedine Zidane.

TheRiedle
19-12-11, 21:35
He suffers from alopecia, it's a hair loss disease let's not be silly and take the **** guys.

SCHNAPP
19-12-11, 21:36
He suffers from alopecia, it's a hair loss disease let's not be silly and take the **** guys.

True it is enough to pull your hair out!

red6
19-12-11, 21:41
Who cares who he reminds us of The important thing is he has talent, confidence, physique, temperament to succeed My only concern is why did Comoli bring Henderson in for £20m when Jonjo is about? Was it a hair thing? What was that clinging onto Hendos face on sunday doesnt he know that Movember finished 19 days ago or is he auditioning for Santa?

bigpepespunch
19-12-11, 22:34
Has to start tomorrow night,

bigpepespunch
19-12-11, 22:35
Who cares who he reminds us of The important thing is he has talent, confidence, physique, temperament to succeed My only concern is why did Comoli bring Henderson in for £20m when Jonjo is about? Was it a hair thing? What was that clinging onto Hendos face on sunday doesnt he know that Movember finished 19 days ago or is he auditioning for Santa?
Glad he did or we would be struggling big time right now

In terms of numbers

LFC Klopp
19-12-11, 23:12

Ok, keep your hair on. :tongue2:

BrownEyes
19-12-11, 23:24
Jonjo reminds me and we call him Gru (http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=gru&hl=en&biw=962&bih=539&gbv=2&tbm=isch&tbnid=FGB0zdZt7V5anM:&imgrefurl=http://koichi.pavedearth.org/2010/07/30/despicable-me-review/gru-from-dispicable-me/&docid=cIRSGpEV5alXIM&imgurl=http://koichi.pavedearth.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Gru-from-Dispicable-Me.jpg&w=600&h=306&ei=o6fvTvilOoSQ8QOJ5qWcCg&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=299&vpy=179&dur=241&hovh=160&hovw=315&tx=178&ty=93&sig=104661473348156960152&page=1&tbnh=97&tbnw=190&start=0&ndsp=8&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0) from Dispicable Me. :wacko:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

TheRiedle
19-12-11, 23:26
Ok, keep your hair on. :tongue2:

:tongue2:

imnofreak
19-12-11, 23:27
When he see Shelvey I think, you're not 19; mo fo you're at least 30.

Bad Boys reference ftw.

But he does look way older.

0oRallo0
19-12-11, 23:28
Im getting a shelvey shirt for Christmas.

rubytuesday
20-12-11, 00:54
is the OP louie walsh?:p

shelvey has potential to be world class

LFC-levicar
20-12-11, 02:38
I dont think the original post said that they are the exact same player, as most people have reacted! Just that his temperament reminds him of Gazza!

I put the reactions down to Gazza's legendary reputation making people not read the actual post.

As for Shelvey, he has no business being loaned out! Can use both feet equally well, has reasonably good vision for a youngster, not afraid to shoot, create and try things from nothing and has great passion to set high standards for himself. His only down side is his pace, which IMO is not slow either.

jamiechloe
20-12-11, 06:12
Watching the villa back I did feel sorry for him not getting pass the ball in obvious goal scoring positions, it was like it was a team joke played on Shelvey it was ridiculous

RiiseAgainst
20-12-11, 06:58
Watching the villa back I did feel sorry for him not getting pass the ball in obvious goal scoring positions, it was like it was a team joke played on Shelvey it was ridiculous

It wasn't that bad. Every player gets into goal scoring positions and is ignored at times. Charlie, whilst the best option was to play the pass, had every right to take the effort on goal himself from where he was.

Carra was also very warm to Jonjo as he was being subbed. I think everyone at LFC recognises what a talent he is and wants to see him keep improving.

jamiechloe
20-12-11, 07:04
It wasn't that bad. Every player gets into goal scoring positions and is ignored at times. Charlie, whilst the best option was to play the pass, had every right to take the effort on goal himself from where he was.

Carra was also very warm to Jonjo as he was being subbed. I think everyone at LFC recognises what a talent he is and wants to see him keep improving.

I actually wasn't implying thats what they were doing u know. But he was in ridiculously easier positions to score and never got the ball, look at his reaction he was stunned at one of them.

RiiseAgainst
20-12-11, 12:43
I actually wasn't implying thats what they were doing u know. But he was in ridiculously easier positions to score and never got the ball, look at his reaction he was stunned at one of them.

Obviously, I'm just saying that it does happen. I'm sure he'll notch up a few goals throughout the season, so nothing to worry about.

Koppingitred
23-12-11, 04:33
The closest thing to Gazza in the Prem is Ross Barkley for Everton.

Wilshere, a young Joe Cole etc didnt resemble him as much as this fella does.

GrantLondon
20-9-12, 21:49
Bump and will bump it until he turns into the world beater I saw years ago.

Absolute class.

Liverdinner
20-9-12, 21:50
The closest thing to Gazza in the Prem is Ross Barkley for Everton.

Wilshere, a young Joe Cole etc didnt resemble him as much as this fella does.

:confused:

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
20-9-12, 21:51
Touch of the Yaya's, for me.

Grown into a monster.

Super-Injunction
20-9-12, 21:53
Gazza? He's clearly the new Gerrard.

robbieflowerpot
Not even close.

domino
I want to lick his bald head.

domino
20-9-12, 21:54

Grown into a monster.

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
20-9-12, 21:55
I want to lick his bald head.

RedKite
20-9-12, 22:00
"Shelvey reminds me of Paul Gascoigne."

It must be the hairdo.

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
20-9-12, 22:00
He's not like Gazza.

robbieflowerpot
20-9-12, 22:04
He's not like Gazza.

No, that's Henderson.

Liverdinner
20-9-12, 22:06
No, that's Henderson.

:D good one.

Oh-Bout-Tree-Fiddy
20-9-12, 22:09
Shelvey is Shelvey. End of. Lets not put pressure on players to be the next so and so.

Hope he saved one for Sunday!

LiverpoolRealist
20-9-12, 22:12

Shelvey reminds me of Gerrard. Paul Gascoigne, not at all.

LucasAintDancin
20-9-12, 22:15
I didn't watch much of Gascoigne, but I do seem some similarities.

Sunraged
20-9-12, 22:17

Shelvey's style reminds me of Gerrard far more than Gazza.

Sunraged
20-9-12, 22:19
Shelvey is Shelvey. End of. Lets not put pressure on players to be the next so and so.

Hope he saved one for Sunday!

I think Shelvey will be one of the worlds best. Better than Zidane, Gerrard, Messi, Maldini, Baresi, Ronaldo (real Ronaldo and cross dressing Ronaldo), even better than Henry, Torres in his prime, Pele, Van Basten and El Zhar.

I think he's that good.

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
20-9-12, 22:21
Gazza had a much lower centre of gravity, and much more skill.

Shelvey looks ungainly at times, with a loping stride - but he makes it work. Bit like Yaya, for me.

WineForMyMen
20-9-12, 22:34
Irrespective of who he is or isn't like, it's is noticeable that his critics aren't so numerous these days. Finally got a manager that appreciates his talent and he is repaying the faith. Early days though they are in Rodgers' reign, Shelvey has probably been one of the top 3 players since BR came in. Right now he's keeping Sahin out of the first team on merit and he's outperforming Gerrard. Have always said he's got a very bright future ahead of him, but this season may well be the one in which that becomes an established fact.

So glad we didn't loan him out again. So glad that Rodgers has come in and immediately judged his talent as easily superior to that of Adam and Spearing.

WHEELS1974
20-9-12, 22:40
In 2 or 3 years time he'll be one of the best players in the premiership, barring injuries.

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
20-9-12, 22:45
Irrespective of who he is or isn't like, it's is noticeable that his critics aren't so numerous these days. Finally got a manager that appreciates his talent and he is repaying the faith. Early days though they are in Rodgers' reign, Shelvey has probably been one of the top 3 players since BR came in. Right now he's keeping Sahin out of the first team on merit and he's outperforming Gerrard. Have always said he's got a very bright future ahead of him, but this season may well be the one in which that becomes an established fact.

So glad we didn't loan him out again. So glad that Rodgers has come in and immediately judged his talent as easily superior to that of Adam and Spearing.

How did AVB get on tonight?

bondred
20-9-12, 22:46

With due respect, not that I have a lot for you, but that is cobblers.

He had plenty of time under other managers, he just done **** all, at the moment he is playing well, so we should take advantage of that and hopefully it will spur him on and make him better.

But to say Rodgers is his saviour is utter tripe.

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
20-9-12, 22:47
With due respect, not that I have a lot for you, but that is cobblers.

He had plenty of time under other managers, he just done **** all, at the moment he is playing well, so we should take advantage of that and hopefully it will spur him on and make him better.

But to say Rodgers is his saviour is utter tripe.

It was just a chance for her to get a dig in at Kenny.

Even in the light of recent events.

Absolute scum fan.

Acumen
20-9-12, 22:47
Shelvey has a lot to work on. One thing if he plays the advanced role, he's not going to be like Silva or Iniesta slipping through clever little balls to put players through, today was a more accurate representation of what he can do though, score goals from midfield, which is very important without much firepower. More like Gerrard if you ask me from an attacking sense.

WineForMyMen
20-9-12, 22:48
How did AVB get on tonight?

No idea, was 0-0 last time I checked before HT.

Also not sure what he has to do with Shelvey?

KanyeWest
20-9-12, 22:49
Never really saw Gazza play, but Shelvey looked in his younger days like he would develop into a top player and looking at him now hes done nothing to change my mind on that. Hard to imagine hes still only 20!

bondred
20-9-12, 22:50

Absolute scum fan.

No doubt, sure she will ignore me as well.

She has the smugness of some higher entity

WineForMyMen
20-9-12, 22:50

Absolute scum fan.

Ah, I see.

If and when we win something under BR and I celebrate are you still going to be adopting this paranoid "it's just a dig at Kenny" thing?

Like any positive now under BR can only be understood as an inverse comment on Kenny? It's a dangerous obsession.

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
20-9-12, 22:53
Ah, I see.

If and when we win something under BR and I celebrate are you still going to be adopting this paranoid "it's just a dig at Kenny" thing?

Like any positive now under BR can only be understood as an inverse comment on Kenny? It's a dangerous obsession.

Like butter wouldn't melt.

You know exactly what we're talking about, wet legs.

So, pull your knickers up, and get over Kenny still, and forever more, being the King of this football club.

There's a good girl.

x

KanyeWest
Shelvey has a lot to work on. One thing if he plays the advanced role, he's not going to be like Silva or Iniesta slipping through clever little balls to put players through, today was a more accurate representation of what he can do though, score goals from midfield, which is very important without much firepower. More like Gerrard if you ask me from an attacking sense.

Gerrard/Yaya haved played the role behind the striker in a different style than those and that way of playing it has proven just as, if not even more effective than the playmaker type role that a Ozil/Silva/Mata play.

I see him longer term playing that Gerrard role behind the striker, using his power and drive to create and score goals.

bondred
Ah, I see.

Told yer

Kloppette
20-9-12, 22:55
I am not sure about Gazza, Shelvey has a rather ungainly type of movement and I saw this a lot in Zidane, sort of laid back and able to protect the ball.

Had a good 20 mins tonight, looked like a giant amongst men and he is only 20.

bondred
20-9-12, 22:56
I am not sure about Gazza, Shelvey has a rather ungainly type of movement and I saw this a lot in Zidane, sort of laid back and able to protect the ball.

Had a good 20 mins tonight, looked like a giant amongst men and he is only 20.

YOu just knew, and just wanted him to leather that ball for the 2nd of his goals, you didn't want him to pass it, you just knew if he leathered it, it would hit the net.

Acumen
20-9-12, 22:56
Gerrard/Yaya haved played the role behind the striker in a different style than those and that way of playing it has proven just as, if not even more effective than the playmaker type role that a Ozil/Silva/Mata play.

I see him longer term playing that Gerrard role behind the striker, using his power and drive to create and score goals.

He'll be less of a playmaker, he'll be a goal minded midfielder. Wish he could become something like Pires.

WineForMyMen
20-9-12, 22:57
Told yer

Give me something reasonably intelligent to comment on and I might comment.

But, IMHO, you rarely do and for that reason you're rarely a poster I engage with. Can't put it more openly and honestly than that, not that you'll like it.

bondred
20-9-12, 22:58
Give me something reasonably intelligent to comment on and I might comment.

But, IMHO, you rarely do and for that reason you're rarely a poster I engage with. Can't put it more openly and honestly than that, not that you'll like it.

I just choked on my cigar.

Are you honestly saying he got no time under anyone else??

Alon1
20-9-12, 23:01
He doesnt remind me to Gascoigne at all, what an odd comparison, very irregular player, goes from being really bad like last week to brilliant games like today, which is normal at his age, lets see how he develops but playing him as a first choice is a bit premature now.

BremenRory23
20-9-12, 23:06
He shoots like him, passes like him and even runs like him, I really think he is the man to fill the Gerrard role over the coming years.

SalahDressing
20-9-12, 23:06
No.

Shelvey is Shelvey.

WineForMyMen
20-9-12, 23:07
I just choked on my cigar.

Are you honestly saying he got no time under anyone else??

No, did I say that? Did I say that Rodgers is his saviour?

It's you that is putting things in those extreme terms to suit your fairly basic argument. So end of. You can't even quote a 3-line post of mine accurately, why should I bother?

You, and several notable others, want a separate thread just to discuss me rather than derailing another subject by dint of being starstruck at my entrance into it, go ahead.

But Shelvey...

...as a fan of the player from day one, I'm really happy at his current opportunities and in no way surprised by his current form. I would draw further conclusions on the basis that my two favoured managers of the last 4 years (Rafa and BR) signed him/is giving him most respect in terms of selection. Feel free to choke on that if you want, but don't expect me to perform the Heimlich for you.

domino
20-9-12, 23:07
Gazza had a much lower centre of gravity, and much more skill.

Shelvey looks ungainly at times, with a loping stride - but he makes it work. Bit like Yaya, for me.

Stop it, now.

Alpha Papa
20-9-12, 23:08
He shoots like him, passes like him and even runs like him, I really think he is the man to fill the Gerrard role over the coming years.

There is a thread 2 below this called something like "Shelvey is like Paul Gascoigne". Two points:

1) How can you possibly think this justifies a new thread?

2) Can people stop making ridiculous comparisons.

MeanMrMustard
I'd agree with those who make comparisons with the young Gerrard. Very purposeful, wants to be involved, wants to get shots on goal, makes mistakes but not afraid to make them and try again. I like Shelvey's attitude and that bit of cockiness. He's not overawed and he's not afraid of it. He's all the things Henderson is not.

WineForMyMen
He doesnt remind me to Gascoigne at all, what an odd comparison, very irregular player, goes from being really bad like last week to brilliant games like today, which is normal at his age, lets see how he develops but playing him as a first choice is a bit premature now.

To be fair his ratio would be something like 3 very good performances to 1 bad one of late.

And that's better than Gerrard's.

But I agree that he'll develop further and with that should come even better consistency, of the type Gerrard himself hit when he was still an indispensible first teamer.

BremenRory23
20-9-12, 23:09
Sorry. Just voicing my opinion. Thought this was a "forum" :-/

WineForMyMen
20-9-12, 23:10
Stop it, now.

Personal nonsense between me and Higgy aside, I agree with you that the Yaya comparison is a bum note.

BremenRory23
20-9-12, 23:11
The more and more I see him he reminds me of a young Stevie, and great to see such a young talent coming through.

Kloppette
20-9-12, 23:11
YOu just knew, and just wanted him to leather that ball for the 2nd of his goals, you didn't want him to pass it, you just knew if he leathered it, it would hit the net.

I know I was never in doubt once the space opened up, I always said he has a great strike and for that reason I prefer him at AM plus his tracking back is poor, as bad as Adam's.

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
20-9-12, 23:12

It's you that is putting things in those extreme terms to suit your fairly basic argument. So end of. You can't even quote a 3-line post of mine accurately, why should I bother?

You, and several notable others, want a separate thread just to discuss me rather than derailing another subject by dint of being starstruck at my entrance into it, go ahead.

But Shelvey...

...as a fan of the player from day one, I'm really happy at his current opportunities and in no way surprised by his current form. I would draw further conclusions on the basis that my two favoured managers of the last 4 years (Rafa and BR) signed him/is giving him most respect in terms of selection. Feel free to choke on that if you want, but don't expect me to perform the Heimlich for you.

Kenny did all the running in signing Shelvey.

Alon1
20-9-12, 23:13
Yaya Toure? Haha, thats a shocking comparison.

domino
20-9-12, 23:14

I'm not sure if you read my earlier post regarding this, but read it.

domino
20-9-12, 23:15

Higgy would be absolutely shocking coaching young English players.

He'd have them all thinking they're better than Pele after one game.

Alon1
20-9-12, 23:16

Didnt he join when Rafa was here?

Kloppette
20-9-12, 23:16
Not quite as dynamic as Stevie but I can see the comparisons, Shelvey is his own man though.

The one thing that stands out is his immense confidence, sometimes he can be over confident but as he matures he will become a better player

Acumen
20-9-12, 23:17

He joined before Rafa got the sack. Hodgson was manager his first pre-season with the club.

domino
20-9-12, 23:19

Yes but apparently Kenny signed him even though he was the Academy manager, and his job was not to sign players, especially players who were not for the academy, i.e. Shelvey.

It's like he has to justify and overhype Kenny being a legend, it's most strange.

Everybody bar a few bells know how much Kenny means to us. Higgy tries far too hard.

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast

Yes, but it was well publicised at the time that Shelvey and Wilson were Kenny's doing.

Liverdinner
Reminds me of a young Alexei Smertin.

Acumen
20-9-12, 23:20
Yes, but it was well publicised at the time that Shelvey and Wilson were Kenny's doing.

What??

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
Yes but apparently Kenny signed him even though he was the Academy manager, and his job was not to sign players, especially players who were not for the academy, i.e. Shelvey.

It's like he has to justify and overhype Kenny being a legend, it's most strange.

Everybody bar a few bells know how much Kenny means to us. Higgy tries far too hard.

Oh eye - Wilson was a real hum dinger.

Looks like i'm going to Vegas next summer, btw - you'll have to give me the number of your tailor.

Acumen
Reminds me of a young Alexei Smertin.

Reminds me of Cheyrou.

Liverdinner
20-9-12, 23:21
A young Bruno N Gotty

bondred
20-9-12, 23:21

But Shelvey...

Starstruck??

Seriously???

Jeez

BremenRory23
20-9-12, 23:22
Not quite as dynamic as Stevie but I can see the comparisons, Shelvey is his own man though.

The one thing that stands out is his immense confidence, sometimes he can be over confident but as he matures he will become a better player

I agree and in no way am I saying he is there yet, but his whole posture and playing style really reminds me of him, and gives me hope when Stevie finally has to hang up his boots that we have that type of player at the beginning of his career

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
20-9-12, 23:23

Ermergerds onez blacks and one is whiter.

Liverdinner
20-9-12, 23:24
Looks like i'm going to Vegas next summer, btw - you'll have to give me the number of your tailor.

:D Naughty

Acumen
20-9-12, 23:24

But Shelvey...

Made my day. :D

domino
20-9-12, 23:27

Well Wilson never got a look in under KEnny. Doesn't add up.

The Academy manager had NOTHING to do with signing first team players, and that's it.

Acumen
20-9-12, 23:28
On a side note, how many people think Shelvey will make his senior England debut before the end of the season?

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
20-9-12, 23:28
Well Wilson never got a look in under KEnny. Doesn't add up.

:FP:

bondred
20-9-12, 23:29
Made my day. :D

Indeed, I have been more starstruck by early morning farts.

WineForMyMen
20-9-12, 23:30

Yes, but this is HiggyWorld, where all Rafa's good signings were Kenny suggestions, all Kenny's bad signings were forced upon him by the big bad foreigner Comolli, and you are "disgusting" or "a disgrace" if you don't agree.

Acumen
20-9-12, 23:30
Indeed, I have been more starstruck by early morning farts.

The fact that the word starstruck was used. Hilarious.

domino
20-9-12, 23:35
:D Naughty

Shut up Annie

domino
20-9-12, 23:36
:FP:

You think Acadcemy managers sign first team players, lulz.

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
20-9-12, 23:39
Yes, but this is HiggyWorld, where all Rafa's good signings were Kenny suggestions, all Kenny's bad signings were forced upon him by the big bad foreigner Comolli, and you are "disgusting" or "a disgrace" if you don't agree.

A - not all, just two.

B - I like Comolli, so that one doesn't hold up.

C - You smell of cats.

Liverdinner
20-9-12, 23:40
Shut up Annie

oryt m8

Captain Mauser
20-9-12, 23:40

Gascoigne is the best English player of the last 30 years and was absolutely nothing like Shelvey in his pomp.

If you want the most accurate comparison, Shelvey is like fat Frank Fatpard... Which is no bad thing.

Kloppette
20-9-12, 23:45

Gascoigne is the best English player of the last 30 years and was absolutely nothing like Shelvey in his pomp.

If you want the most accurate comparison, Shelvey is like fat Frank Fatpard... Which is no bad thing.

yeah maybe, but a slim version. Shelvey is a big lad but deffo not fat. Frank has always been fat.

bondred
20-9-12, 23:45
yeah maybe, but a slim version. Shelvey is a big lad but deffo not fat. Frank has always been fat.

:D I would love to be as fat as Frank

Captain Mauser
20-9-12, 23:47

You'd literally have to cut me in half.

Kloppette
20-9-12, 23:50

When he stops playing footy he will explode and they will have to find a big chair for when he is a pundit.

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
20-9-12, 23:51
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/4445355/GYI0065239049_extra_large.jpg

WineForMyMen
20-9-12, 23:52
You'd literally have to cut me in half.

Or just give you a colonic?

WineForMyMen
20-9-12, 23:53
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/4445355/GYI0065239049_extra_large.jpg

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff243/100euros/PDVD_001.jpg

Alon1
20-9-12, 23:53

Grown into a monster.

more like Felliani than Yaya, imo.

Alon1
20-9-12, 23:56
Lampard is not a bad shout actually.

Captain Mauser
20-9-12, 23:57
Or just give you a colonic?

Sexy xxxx

p.s. You can all stop with the Shelvey comparisons now folks, you know I've just slammed it with Fatpard.

Captain Mauser
20-9-12, 23:57
Lampard is not a bad shout actually.

As if by magic....

Skip Bayless
21-9-12, 00:00

Kenny also sent him on loan - even after witnessing very promising performances like Fulham away '10-'11 season. He seemed very reluctant to play him last season and it was only the injuries to Lucas and Gerrard that made him recall Shelvey. Meanwhile, Henderson was ineffective and Adam a liability.

Ad_Rock
21-9-12, 00:04
He's a bit like Eto'o crossed with Bergkamp but not without a bit of Boutros Boutros Ghali.

Jazzy-J
21-9-12, 00:05
There was talk at the time that Kenny played a large part in getting Shelvey to the club.