PDA

View Full Version : Fifa Bans Female Iranian Football team

Pages : [1] 2

sabretoothluis
9-6-11, 18:40
For wearing headscarves

http://globalspin.blogs.time.com/2011/06/09/another-fifa-fiasco-iran-women-banned-from-olympic-qualifier-over-headscarves/

Ahmadinejad blasts fifa (http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jun/07/iran-anger-ahmadinejad-fifa-ban?CMP=twt_gu)

WindyShepherdHenderson
9-6-11, 18:41
:FP: is all that is necessary to say.

JustMerc
9-6-11, 18:43
Blame their sexist country for forcing them to wear it, those things are dangerous. Fifa is doing the right thing, iran isn't.

RogerHuntelaar
9-6-11, 18:43
lol

Midophile
9-6-11, 18:44
Blame their sexist country for forcing them to wear it, those things are dangerous. Fifa is doing the right thing, iran isn't.

Footballers are allowed to wear snoods, why not head scarves?

The captain is a babe.

sabretoothluis
Check out this israeli football fed has image of its flag on it (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Israel_football_association.svg)

hmm you can't wear headscarves but can have a badge on your football shirt of our flag

JustMerc

Snoods aren't wrapped around the necks.
EDIT: Thought of the wrong thing, snoods are banned right?

WindyShepherdHenderson
9-6-11, 18:45

They've been banned.

robinredshanks
9-6-11, 18:45
For wearing headscarves

http://globalspin.blogs.time.com/2011/06/09/another-fifa-fiasco-iran-women-banned-from-olympic-qualifier-over-headscarves/

Ahmadinejad blasts fifa (http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jun/07/iran-anger-ahmadinejad-fifa-ban?CMP=twt_gu)

What would happen if there was a Sikh player in the English team, as there is in the England cricket team?

Once again they prove unworthy to rule the game. Is this a ploy to take our minds off the corruption? :eek:

Midophile
9-6-11, 18:46
Snoods aren't wrapped around the necks.
EDIT: Thought of the wrong thing, snoods are banned right?

They've been banned.

Snoods have been banned? :FP:

My bad. Just as ******** though in all honesty

WindyShepherdHenderson
9-6-11, 18:47
What would happen if there was a Sikh player in the English team, as there is in the England cricket team?

He wouldn't be picked.

JustMerc
9-6-11, 18:47

Once again they prove unworthy to rule the game. Is this a ploy to take our minds off the corruption? :eek:

They'd have to forgo the rituals of their religion in order to play safely, otherwise their religion would be the reason, not fifa. Safety is very important.

WindyShepherdHenderson
9-6-11, 18:48
They'd have to forgo the rituals of their religion in order to play safely, otherwise their religion would be the reason, not fifa. Safety is very important. ( A lot of what they wear dont wrap around the necks anyway right? )

Give over.

JustMerc
9-6-11, 18:48
Snoods have been banned? :FP:

My bad. Just as ******** though in all honesty

Not when something can get caught in a bad tackle and almost rip your head off as it's wrapped around your neck.

PaddockBeanie
9-6-11, 18:49
Good.

A regime that enforces women to do anything should be given regular reminders that their stupid ideas are not welcome on a world platform.

First bit of good PR for Fifa in a while...

sabretoothluis

Suspended #Fifa vice-president Jack Warner is refusing to meet investigators probing bribery allegations againt him.

JustMerc
Silly rituals? Give over.

Wearing headscarves to appease some fictional being is the same thing as dancing around a fire for the sun god in my book. It's just the latest thing that's protected by religion.

Yehez
9-6-11, 18:50
I understood France banning Burkha.

But this wrong. Wearing a scarve is part of the muslim woman dress and A LOT of women dress it. Iran does not inforce it.

I'm furious and I will take this as an insult to Islam. FIFA can **** off.

Oakryrch
:FP:

How do they contravene safety laws? They're headscarves for God's sake. Just let those have their freedom.

Fools
In
Football
Always

dixielee
if they all play in a tent ..How do you know how you are sending off?

Midophile
9-6-11, 18:51
Wearing headscarves to appease some fictional being is the same thing as dancing around a fire for the sun god in my book. It's just the latest thing that's protected by religion.

:sleepy:

JustMerc
I understood France banning Burkha.

But this wrong. Wearing a scarve is part of the muslim woman dress and A LOT of women dress it. Iran does not inforce it.

I'm furious and I will take this as an insult to Islam. FIFA can **** off.

It's dangerous, how is making sure they dont get hurt an insult to islam? Get over yourself.. Also, if it's not enforced then why can't they take them off to play then?

WindyShepherdHenderson

Read the article. A headscarf is not the same as a Niqab.

WindyShepherdHenderson
9-6-11, 18:52
It's dangerous, how is making sure they dont get hurt an insult to islam? Get over yourself.. Also, if it's not enforced then why can't they take them off to play then?

How would a tightly wrapped headscarf hurt someone?

Midophile

Can you explain how its dangerous? Or are you just using this to challenge/mock religion?

JustMerc

RogerHuntelaar
9-6-11, 18:54
Can you explain how its dangerous? Or are you just using this to challenge/mock religion?

Do you really want his answer?

JustMerc
9-6-11, 18:54
Can you explain how its dangerous?

If i knew how to double quote i would but ill just copy and paste myself from above:

Not when something can get caught in a bad tackle and almost rip your head off as it's wrapped around your neck.

PaddockBeanie
9-6-11, 18:55

How do they contravene safety laws? They're headscarves for God's sake. Just let those have their freedom.

Fools
In
Football
Always

Theres a certain irony in calling for their freedom! When women there, aren't free to not wear headscarves!!!!!

Midophile
9-6-11, 18:55
If i knew how to double quote i would but ill just copy and paste myself from above:

:confused:

JustMerc
9-6-11, 18:56

I'll challenge religion if it uses this safety precaution as an excuse to claim it's being attacked. It's just silly.

WindyShepherdHenderson
9-6-11, 18:56

I can't see a scenario where this would happen, especially in women's football.

JustMerc
9-6-11, 18:57
I can't see a scenario where this would happen, especially in women's football.

Now and again, a bad tackle leads to someone being kicked in or near the face - imagine if the foot got caught in something wrapped around the neck. It's stupid to forgo safety because it's uncommon.

RogerHuntelaar
9-6-11, 18:58
Now and again, a bad tackle leads to someone being kicked in or near the face - imagine if the foot got caught in something wrapped around the neck. It's stupid to forgo safety because it's uncommon.

Yes and then you choke? :D You talk crap.

JustMerc
9-6-11, 18:59
:confused:

You're honestly confused as to how something hanging off a persons neck could be dangerous.

( If you are pretending it's undecipherable because you are "that" awesome, then remember i did say i copied and pasted it from an earlier post by myself. Tbh, if you just read the first post you wouldn't have made us spam this thread with about 5 posts of nonsense )

PaddockBeanie

Isn't it about covering up as so not to be sexual? They deem it too sexual to show off their heads and reveal themselves.... It isn't exactly a religious thing just a biogoted male dictatorship thing over womens freedom.

Thing is though, they're covering their hair but how tight are their shorts?!

Midophile

I doubt wearing a neck piece will matter much if you getting kicked in the face somehow.

Dave00
For wearing headscarves

Did anyone else spot the irony of the Times blog having a picture of a model wearing only her undies on the same page as the blog?:D

WindyShepherdHenderson

:D

JustMerc
Yes and then you choke? :D You talk crap.

You'd break your neck -.-

-Monk-
9-6-11, 19:00

Because it's part of a religion you ******* tool, something that they choose to believe in, yes CHOOSE.

You seriously are a ******* ******. Bell. Complete and utter ******* bell.

JustMerc
I doubt wearing a neck piece will matter much if you getting kicked in the face somehow.

I said near the face - which would be the beck - which could mean getting wrapped in the thing around the neck and pulling the head alone along with the speed of the foot. You understand this yet or should i speak more simply?

Midophile
You're honestly confused as to how something hanging off a persons neck could be dangerous.

( If you are pretending it's undecipherable because you are "that" awesome, then remember i did say i copied and pasted it from an earlier post by myself. Tbh, if you just read the first post you wouldn't have made us spam this thread with about 5 posts of nonsense )

When did i imply that? I think you are talking ******** because you dont like religious symbolism and culture. Seems simple to me.

RogerHuntelaar
You break your neck you moron -.-

Haha yeah and if you wear the wrong boots you could launch to the moon. :D

WindyShepherdHenderson
9-6-11, 19:01
You break your neck -.-

How?! A sliding tackle somehow goes through the scarf, holds on, and your momentum is so fast that the other player's neck is snapped?!

JustMerc
9-6-11, 19:01
When did i imply that? I think you are talking ******** because you dont like religious symbolism and culture. Seems simple to me.

Who said like or dislike, i just said things as they are, and you seem to be wanting to turn this thread into a discussion about that. Stick to the topic - this isn;t about us and i couldn't care less about your opinion or what you think of mine.

BAlmeida
9-6-11, 19:02
As far as I am concerned there is a dress code for playing football and if you can't abide by those rules then don't enter the competition!! End of!!:scarf

WindyShepherdHenderson
I said near the face - which would be the beck - which could mean getting wrapped in the thing around the neck and pulling the head alone along with the speed of the foot. You understand this yet or should i speak more simply?

How?! A sliding tackle somehow goes through the scarf, holds on, and your momentum is so fast that the other player's neck is snapped?!

Good lord, I can't believe you were actually serious :D

RogerHuntelaar
how?! A sliding tackle somehow goes through the scarf, holds on, and your momentum is so fast that the other player's neck is snapped?!

hahaha :d

Midophile

Same with wearing gloves. You could accidentally put your hand in someones mouth and the glove may slip off and choke them. Those damn religious and their gloves. :mad:

-PRAETORIAN-
they look like sperms

-Bodie-
9-6-11, 19:03
Did anyone else spot the irony of the Times blog having a picture of a model wearing only her undies on the same page as the blog?:D

Trust you to focus only on that eh Dave you filthy animal. (http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l69awo8UXA1qzgc80o1_400.jpg)

RogerHuntelaar
they look like sperms

Post of the thread :D

WindyShepherdHenderson
hahaha :d

Read up mate, he actually posted exactly what I was joking about - but he was serious :D

Kloppette

Fools
In
Football
Always

While woman may be used to wearing them in normal everyday circumstances when playing football there is a number of safety problems. One of the biggest is passing out through overheating and causing damage to the brain. On top of that is the head scarf getting caught on something and possible choking.

I had the overheating problem, I had an Orange headscarf thing that i wore to keep my hair off my face more than anything, it was very lightweight really and you could wear it as a headband or bandana if u liked. I wore it over the top of my head one summer tournament in Holland when it was sunny to stop my head burning. I ended up passing out near the end of the day and the medics said it was heat stroke and the head scarf was part of the problem. This was a very lightweight one as well made of Lycra which is a breathable material.
I wore it again after that but just as a head band and not covering the whole of my head.

RogerHuntelaar
Read up mate, he actually posted exactly what I was joking about - but he was serious :D

Yes I know that's why I was laughing :D

JustMerc
9-6-11, 19:04

Not a normal tackle. Very bad tackles occur sometimes, and if the neck gets the full force of it because of a headscarf, then it's dangerous. I am NOT saying its dangerous for normal tackles, im saying on the rare occasion this could cause serious serious damage instead of something less. Have you never seen someone almost kick someone in the face? Or misstime a tackle? Now imagine a player at full speed and all that force acting on someones neck..

Midophile
As far as I am concerned there is a dress code for playing football and if you can't abide by those rules then don't enter the competition!! End of!!:scarf

Actually in my cult football book it says there isnt actually a law which describes what you cant/can wear. That is a few years old though.

FistofRage
Suspended #Fifa vice-president Jack Warner is refusing to meet investigators probing bribery allegations againt him.

Suspended #Fifa vice-president Jack Warner is refusing to meet investigators probing bribery allegations against him, until investigators agree to pay him his expenses in advance.

RogerHuntelaar
9-6-11, 19:05
Actually in my cult football book it says there isnt actually a law which describes what you cant/can wear. That is a few years old though.

Woman footballers should wear skirts. They look like shemales now in oversized shirts and shorts.

PaddockBeanie
9-6-11, 19:05
Because it's part of a religion you ******* tool, something that they choose to believe in, yes CHOOSE.

You seriously are a ******* ******. Bell. Complete and utter ******* bell.

Its about the sexualisation of women. Its not really about Religion as such, as the men/dictators who have lead their country since the revolution in 1979 have forced women to wear it. Failure to do so means arrest. So no, there isn't a choice as you so aggressively put it.. Infact, negged for the rude and aggressive attack.

WindyShepherdHenderson
9-6-11, 19:06
Have you never seen someone almost kick someone in the face? Or misstime a tackle? Now imagine a player at full speed and all that force acting on someones neck..

I fail to see how a lightweight silk scarf changes it from a horrible tackle into a horrible tackle THAT YOU COULD DIE FROM.

JustMerc
Same with wearing gloves. You could accidentally put your hand in someones mouth and the glove may slip off and choke them. Those damn religious and their gloves. :mad:

Yeah, because that's even remotely the same. It's the lowest of the low to try and make something sound ridiculous for your own cause.

RogerHuntelaar
Its about the sexualisation of women. Its not really about Religion as such, as the men/dictators who have lead their country since the revolution in 1979 have forced women to wear it. Failure to do so means arrest. So no, there isn't a choice as you so aggressively put it.. Infact, negged for the rude and aggressive attack.

**** got real :D

doughts28

Cheers for the safety advice - I've just thrown out all my scarves as a safety precaution as they have caused me to come perilously close to neck breakage on a number of occasions. HEED HIS WORDS

RogerHuntelaar
9-6-11, 19:07
Cheers for the safety advice - I've just thrown out all my scarves as a safety precaution as they have caused me to come perilously close to neck breakage on a number of occasions. HEED HIS WORDS

WindyShepherdHenderson

I once played a game of football while wearing a beanie. I'm shaking like a leaf right now. I didn't realise I came so close to paralysis or EVEN WORSE

JustMerc
I fail to see how a lightweight silk scarf changes it from a horrible tackle into a horrible tackle THAT YOU COULD DIE FROM.

When it wraps around your neck and pulls on it with the full force of the player attached to it from a bad tackle.

:FP: :FP: :FP:

You must be trying to troll me, nobody needs this explaining to them so many times.

doughts28
9-6-11, 19:08

Then you are a moron. Did you not know that Arsenal and Man City have the highest proportion of neck-related deaths of any clubs in the EPL?

Skip Bayless
I wonder if anyone has ever accidentally been killed or maimed by a headscarf?

RogerHuntelaar
When it wraps around your neck and pulls on it with the full force of the player attached to it from a bad tackle.

You must be trying to troll me, nobody needs this explaining to them so many times.

Hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahha

PaddockBeanie
**** got real :D

It was a needlessly abusive post... and factually incorrect.. I just can't stand by and watch that happen! :)

JustMerc
9-6-11, 19:09
Pathetic. I've not been on this forum long, but it seems some of you come on here purely to attack one another and troll. No serious discussion whatsoever, just a load of ******** sitting around trying to ruin it for those that want one.

WindyShepherdHenderson
9-6-11, 19:09

How would a thick boot go under the tightly-wrapped scarf in the first place?! A flying spinning karate kick?! There is a ball involved too by the way, it's not just loads of women going around aiming to paralyse each other.

Yes, I'm the troll in this thread.

Midophile
9-6-11, 19:10
I wonder if anyone has ever accidentally been killed or maimed by a headscarf?

It kills over 1 footballers every 300 years.

JustMerc
Hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahha

How is that funny, do you not understand that big amounts of force acting on your neck is a bad thing?

NECK DAMAGE BAD. ok?

-Bodie-
PaddockBeanie (http://i725.photobucket.com/albums/ww260/evanesp25/jimdangle.jpg)

ElAlonso

B***** hell, that's a joke right?

Regardless of which, how the world is so incredibly ignorant about Islam really astounds me.

-PRAETORIAN-
Then you are a moron. Did you not know that Arsenal and Man City have the highest proportion of neck-related deaths of any clubs in the EPL?

WindyShepherdHenderson
Pathetic. I've not been on this forum long, but it seems some of you come on here purely to attack one another and troll. No serious discussion whatsoever, just a load of ******** sitting around trying to ruin it for those that want one.

Grr grr grr

:( it could have been avoided if JustMerc's warnings were noted.

JustMerc
It kills over 1 footballers every 300 years.

You're a pathetic man.

WindyShepherdHenderson
9-6-11, 19:11
How is that funny, do you not understand that big amounts of force acting on your neck is a bad thing?

NECK DAMAGE BAD. ok?

Yes, but NECK DAMAGE WITH LIGHTWEIGHT FABRIC EVEN WORSE

RogerHuntelaar
9-6-11, 19:11

NECK DAMAGE BAD. ok?

WindyShepherdHenderson
9-6-11, 19:12
JustMerc, did you complain about snoods in the same way?

-Monk-
9-6-11, 19:13

He's got a EDL way about him, it's in his eyes.

Midophile
You're a pathetic man.

I put that down to my uncle's snood accident. It left me twisted and bitter.

Dave00
Trust you to focus only on that eh Dave you filthy animal. (http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l69awo8UXA1qzgc80o1_400.jpg)

I did think it was rather ironic considering the rather condescending tone of the blog.:D

RogerHuntelaar
9-6-11, 19:14
I put that down to my uncle's snood accident. It left me twisted and bitter.

This thread is great :D

I actually think JustMerc is serious.

JustMerc
How would a thick boot go under the tightly-wrapped scarf in the first place?! A flying spinning karate kick?! There is a ball involved too by the way, it's not just loads of women going around aiming to paralyse each other.

Yes, I'm the troll in this thread.

Yeah, because arms cant get tangled either - that's impossible. This is a sport that causes players to break bones all the time, and sometimes even paralyse them from it. Wearing something that makes it easier for these injuries to occur is NOT a good thing.

Could you make a single post without exaggeration and attempt to make my valid points sound ridiculous then? That would probably go a way to show you aren't trolling. Especially as my point is valid enough that it's enforced on this game. But no, i'm sure that a guy like you that sits on a forum his entire life knows better.

-Bodie-
Dont mock him. What if the Iran womens football team played against Holland and came up against the feared Nigella De Jong. Necks could be snapped if one of her karate kicks landed on a headscarf and caused the headscarf to slice through the neck.

WindyShepherdHenderson
He's got a EDL way about him, it's in his eyes.

If anything snoods are even more likely (read, 0.01% as opposed to 0.001) to break someone's neck due to their exposure at the bottom of the neck.

Midophile
9-6-11, 19:15
This thread is great :D

I actually think JustMerc is serious.

He's being super serial.

WindyShepherdHenderson
9-6-11, 19:15
Yeah, because arms cant get tangled either - that's impossible.

My god, you're right.

BAN SWEATBANDS

RogerHuntelaar
9-6-11, 19:16
Dont mock him. What if the Iran womens football team played against Holland and came up against the feared Nigella De Jong. Necks could be snapped if one of her karate kicks landed on a headscarf and caused the headscarf to slice through the neck.

Starblind
9-6-11, 19:17
Grr grr grr

:( it could have been avoided if JustMerc's warnings were noted.

This woman doesn't need headscarves to kill people. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inedwXtNzAk)

WindyShepherdHenderson
We should also ban footballs, because they could break someone's neck if hit hard enough at the head.

WindyShepherdHenderson
This woman doesn't need headscarves to kill people. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inedwXtNzAk)

If the other player was wearing a headscarf she wouldn't have gotten her hair pulled.

Instead she'd have HAD HER NECK BROKEN

JustMerc
Well, as i've said im not on this forum long, and i now already think less of our fanbase. Spending all day on this forum waiting to attack anyone that makes a point.

P.S. You guys are absolute idiots - do you honestly think FIFA just sits around one day and thinks "Hmm, lets ban all neckwear for no reason, because *********** off people will help our company".

Kloppette
9-6-11, 19:19
Woman footballers should wear skirts. They look like shemales now in oversized shirts and shorts.

Yeah right and then you tackle and your knickers are on show, we wear the same kit as the guys because that is the standard dress code. Also in the winter its ****** cold. Who cares what they look like when playing footy, when we are all dolled up for a night out we look like any other girl out there and those that don't get dolled up then so what.

WindyShepherdHenderson

^^

-Monk-
If anything football shirts are the most dangerous, imagine if you're just running along, doing your thing, and BAM Gattuso pulls your shirt really hard and your neck gets a whiplash sensation, you could die.

RogerHuntelaar
P.S. You guys are absolute idiots - do you honestly think FIFA just sits around one day and thinks "Hmm, lets ban all neckwear for no reason, because *********** off people will help our company".

It's great that you trust FIFA so much.

Midophile
9-6-11, 19:20

Dirty ****.

I recommend this.
(http://www.blushingbuyer.co.uk/product_images/Medium/990136%3BWarehouse%3BWarehouse.jpg)
She's also a dirty player.

RogerHuntelaar
9-6-11, 19:21
Yeah right and then you tackle and your knickers are on show, we wear the same kit as the guys because that is the standard dress code. Also in the winter its ****** cold. Who cares what they look like when playing footy, when we are all dolled up for a night out we look like any other girl out there and those that don't get dolled up then so what.

Nah same skirts like with hockey(shorts under the skirts). It just looks more feminine. I just realised this is the second time in two days that I adressed you saying the word feminine, this has to stop. :P

Midophile
Well, as i've said im not on this forum long, and i now already think less of our fanbase. Spending all day on this forum waiting to attack anyone that makes a point.

Yes. Sepp Blatter is on crack.

Gazza74

How does Cech get to wear that helmet then?

His head is fine now apparently and he doesn't need it but he wears it.

Look at this and tell me this couldn't, "Rip his head off" with a freak stud attack:-

http://theshedender.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Petr-Cech.jpg

Also, Ronaldinho and Tevez have worn these:-

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_iBWemPLfSzU/TEFpCtUlJzI/AAAAAAAABnc/PrCibfbFxRg/s1600/Carlos+Tevez+%2812%29.jpg

http://im.in.com/connect/images/profile/b_profile4/Ronaldinho_300.jpg

Never seen FIFA ban these being worn and players still wear them from what i've seen.

I don't see anything wrong with what those Iranian women are wearing and in relation to danger, i don't see that either.

Sneets
9-6-11, 19:22

Knickers on show is the whole point of his suggestion.

RogerHuntelaar
Good point about the Cech helmet.

RogerHuntelaar

Shhhh

WindyShepherdHenderson
9-6-11, 19:24
Good point about the Cech helmet.

Speaking of helmets, where has JustMerc gone?

Kloppette
I have also seen many documentaries on the subject and the girls complain that they have to wear one when playing football but they are forced to.

It seems FIFA are just following standard procedure in safety which in these days is par for the course.

Graggster
ridiculous.. the world should ban blatter

JustMerc
9-6-11, 19:25
I'm going to sum up what i've said:

-I have said things that wrap around necks are dangerous (snoods and headscarves) and NOTHING ELSE about the dangers of ANYTHING else.

-These are dangerous because there are bad tackles now and again, and clothing can get caught and tugged with a lot of force, if this clothing is wrapped around a neck the player could be paralysed for life.

Now can you please get over yourselves and stick to the topic rather than going "BUT LOL IF YOU THINK HURTING NECKS IS BAD, WHAT IF SOMETHING TRIPS AND DIES OVER A SHOELACE!?!?!?" It's off topic, and in an attempt to make me seem ridiculous - you are ONLY acting as an ******* and not being productive.

RogerHuntelaar
9-6-11, 19:25
Speaking of helmets, where has JustMerc gone?

Crying in a corner in disappointment of our fanbase?

WindyShepherdHenderson
9-6-11, 19:26
BUT LOL IF YOU THINK HURTING NECKS IS BAD, WHAT IF SOMETHING TRIPS AND DIES OVER A SHOELACE!?!?!?"

I don't think shoelaces are that big of an issue mate, but if you think they're a health hazard then fair enough.

-PRAETORIAN-
Imagine if a bra strap was pulled...they could spring back like in a cartoon and end up row H injuring fans, I'm not happy with this at all and will be boycotting all games until this is investigated and women have to play bra-less!!!!!

Starblind
If the other player was wearing a headscarf she wouldn't have gotten her hair pulled.

Instead she'd have HAD HER NECK BROKEN

Thank goodness for small (Just)Mercies.

JustMerc
Crying in a corner in disappointment of our fanbase?

Good timing there dumbass.

Skip Bayless
Why does Cech still wear that helmet?

-Monk-

-I have said things that wrap around necks are dangerous (snoods and headscarves) and NOTHING ELSE about the dangers of ANYTHING else.

-These are dangerous because there are bad tackles now and again, and clothing can get caught and tugged with a lot of force, if this clothing is wrapped around a neck the player could be paralysed for life.

Now can you please get over yourselves and stick to the topic rather than going "BUT LOL IF YOU THINK HURTING NECKS IS BAD, WHAT IF SOMETHING TRIPS AND DIES OVER A SHOELACE!?!?!?" It's off topic, and in an attempt to make me seem ridiculous - you are ONLY acting as an ******* and not being productive.

You forgot that part where you insulted a religion, muppet.

Oh and it will be amusing seeing your reply to Gazza's post.

RogerHuntelaar
9-6-11, 19:27
Good timing there dumbass.

Haha :D

You're awesome.

Kloppette

I remember joining a discussion on how to promote the game and get more people watching and this was a suggestion lol. It was quickly rebuffed even though everyone agreed that it would probably work.

JustMerc
I don't think shoelaces are that big of an issue mate, but if you think they're a health hazard then fair enough.

Sigh, i'd better go before i end up like you. Spending your entire life on a forum to quote mine people for giggles. Sad, really and don't think i want my life to suck that much.

Midophile

You make a good point.

I'm campaigning for velcro for all football boots by 2013.

WindyShepherdHenderson
9-6-11, 19:29
Sigh, i'd better go before i end up like you. Spending your entire life on a forum to quote mine people for giggles. Sad, really and don't think i want my life to suck that much.

Gasp, bye then.

JustMerc
How does Cech get to wear that helmet then?

His head is fine now apparently and he doesn't need it but he wears it.

Look at this and tell me this couldn't, "Rip his head off" with a freak stud attack:-

http://theshedender.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Petr-Cech.jpg

Also, Ronaldinho and Tevez have worn these:-

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_iBWemPLfSzU/TEFpCtUlJzI/AAAAAAAABnc/PrCibfbFxRg/s1600/Carlos+Tevez+%2812%29.jpg

http://im.in.com/connect/images/profile/b_profile4/Ronaldinho_300.jpg

Never seen FIFA ban these being worn and players still wear them from what i've seen.

I don't see anything wrong with what those Iranian women are wearing and in relation to danger, i don't see that either.

Last post then as i missed this. He wears that because his head is fragile from the accident, and it's too dangerous otherwise. The strap is tight enough it's almost impossible to see anything getting caught in it and tugging on his neck. Opposite of my point really, i want to ban things that cause dangers, not things in place to make it safer.

Midophile
Why does Cech still wear that helmet?

He has girl parts. Plus he got knee'd in the head by Steven Hunt. Was lucky he wasnt wearing a headscarf at the time.

-PRAETORIAN-
Imagine if a bra strap was pulled...they could spring back like in a cartoon and end up row H injuring fans, I'm not happy with this at all and will be boycotting all games until this is investigated and women have to play bra-less!!!!!

You speak with much thought, now thinking if thongs could be the same :HS:

Sneets
9-6-11, 19:30
I remember joining a discussion on how to promote the game and get more people watching and this was a suggestion lol. It was quickly rebuffed even though everyone agreed that it would probably work.

It would depend a lot on who was inside the knickers.

RogerHuntelaar
9-6-11, 19:30
Last post then as i missed this. He wears that because his head is fragile from the accident, and it's too dangerous otherwise. The strap is tight enough it's almost impossible to see anything getting caught in it and tugging on his neck. Opposite of my point really, i want to ban things that cause dangers, not things in place to make it safer.

Chivu wears it loose though.

TeenageMutantNinJaSkrtel
9-6-11, 19:31
They'd have to forgo the silly rituals of their religion in order to play safely, otherwise their religion would be the reason, not fifa. Safety is very important. ( A lot of what they wear dont wrap around the necks anyway right? )

Siekhs don't have to wear helmets on motorcycle's because it would mean taking off their turban, so why would they have to take them off to play footie?

Driving a bike with no helmet is more dangerous than playing footie surely?

Graggster
9-6-11, 19:32
imagine the damage a g-string could do if it got caught in a stud..

Gazza74

I'm not sure he needs it now, it's more psychological and he doesn't feel safe without it.

Again, given he's a goalie and he has players coming in studs first as he's down on the ground, i'd say there's a good chance of studs getting caught in that helmet.

Kloppette
its not just the accidents that could happen its players grabbing them and tugging on them, its bad enough when this happens with your hair. At the end of the day the girls don't want to wear them and FIFA don't want them to wear them. So the players and the football bodies are against it, its the politics in Islam that want it.

SomeKloppo

You need to get a book of basic Physics mate.

WindyShepherdHenderson
Siekhs don't have to wear helmets on motorcycle's because it would mean taking off their turban, so why would they have to take them off to play footie?

Because heading the ball would be a guessing game.

-PRAETORIAN-
9-6-11, 19:33
Could they fake a blood injury certain times of the month though? hmmmm

Kloppette
9-6-11, 19:33
That helmet thing has to go through strict safety testing and has been deemed safe, it was the same with Davids and his glasses and both players had to go through a process for them to be allowed.

Kloppette
9-6-11, 19:34
Could they fake a blood injury certain times of the month though? hmmmm

You could but what would be the point, you could fake a bad leg without the mess.

Oakryrch
9-6-11, 19:36
While woman may be used to wearing them in normal everyday circumstances when playing football there is a number of safety problems. One of the biggest is passing out through overheating and causing damage to the brain. On top of that is the head scarf getting caught on something and possible choking.

I had the overheating problem, I had an Orange headscarf thing that i wore to keep my hair off my face more than anything, it was very lightweight really and you could wear it as a headband or bandana if u liked. I wore it over the top of my head one summer tournament in Holland when it was sunny to stop my head burning. I ended up passing out near the end of the day and the medics said it was heat stroke and the head scarf was part of the problem. This was a very lightweight one as well made of Lycra which is a breathable material.
I wore it again after that but just as a head band and not covering the whole of my head.

You have a point, but I don't think it applies to everyone - some people would be able to cope with the heat, whereas some wouldn't. Maybe you fit the latter?

It may sound a little daft, but I think it depends on the colour of the heascarve you wear too. Darker colours i.e. Black, are going to absorb the light and heat more than lighter colours would i.e. White, so maybe that should be taken into account too.

I just think FIFA are doing this to make themselves look even more powerful than they already are.

I can see where you're coming from mate, but I don't think you're looking at it logically.

Yes, there are stupid tackles made today, even to the head, and whilst there's always a chance that the headscarve could catch that person, you could say that the material of the headscarve would be too thin for it cause strangulation or even damage.

However, as has already been said, this is women's football - they don't play the same way as us men do. The game would be less physical, more softer and the challenges aould be nowhere near as brutal as what you see normally.

TeenageMutantNinJaSkrtel
9-6-11, 19:37

That's them advertising cookies remembering the type of websites you browse most frequently and placing ads accordingly. :D

I get adverts for Android phones. :IN:

Kloppette
9-6-11, 19:39

Well there are many good looking attractive girls that play football and there are also some, lets say, not so attractive girls playing football. Anyway Womans football should be judged on its merits from a footballing point of few otherwise it would turn out like beach volleyball, everyone watching but nobody caring.

Gazza74
9-6-11, 19:42
I'd say if a woman is about to get a boot and studs in the face, the last thing needing to be worried about is the possible entanglement of said studs in a headscarf designed to stop that from happening.

The studs in the face and possible boot in the head might need addressing first by the ref and the on-rushing medical staff.

Sneets
9-6-11, 19:43
Well there are many good looking attractive girls that play football and there are also some, lets say, not so attractive girls playing football. Anyway Womans football should be judged on its merits from a footballing point of few otherwise it would turn out like beach volleyball, everyone watching but nobody caring.

I am sure we will all judge it from a footballing point of view. I feel very safe in saying that because of the high quality membership of this forum.

graham-47
9-6-11, 19:43
I saw this on skysport 3 days ago and the had a clip of them playing its not only the head scarf, its also looks like a boiler suit from the ankles right to under the chin so no skin can be seen except for their faces

JustMerc
9-6-11, 19:45
You need to get a book of basic Physics mate.

This post is just too stupid i have to reply. Okay, let's go over the Physics. Let's set it out as if the thing around the neck has already got tangled.

Thing around neck of Guy A is attached to moving Guy B. Guy B is at his maximum running speed. Guy B's speed applies a force of tension onto the thing around neck which applies onto neck of Guy A.

If you think that kind of force which can snap legs in half will do nothing to someones neck, then you're a moron.

Also, for the record i am taking Physics at University next year, what the **** do you know about it to make this claim?

LordFunkicus

A Ryan Giggs XI might be a good start.

Skip Bayless
I'd say if a woman is about to get a boot and studs in the face, the last thing needing to be worried about is the possible entanglement of said studs in a headscarf designed to stop that from happening.

The studs in the face and possible boot in the head might need addressing first by the ref and the on-rushing medical staff.

Safety first I guess.

Earrings are banned but in 15 years of Saturday football with lots of people wearing them in my league I've never heard of an earring related injury.

I guess there must have been some though.

Sneets
9-6-11, 19:46
I saw this on skysport 3 days ago and the had a clip of them playing its not only the head scarf, its also looks like a boiler suit from the ankles right to under the chin so no skin can be seen..

They looked quite ridiculous but i guess there is no need to shave their legs.

Kloppette
9-6-11, 19:47
However, as has already been said, this is women's football - they don't play the same way as us men do. The game would be less physical, more softer and the challenges aould be nowhere near as brutal as what you see normally.

You must be Joking, I had to quit playing because of a terrible tackle against Maccsfield Town the girl plowed into my shooting leg mid way up my calf the stud went through my shin pad and left a hold in my leg that oozed blood. On top of that I tore my Ligament on the leg I had the weight on.

Don't know where people get this idea that Womans football is some sort of non contact sport. there is elbowing, punching, stomping on your foot hairpulling and all sorts when the ref isn't looking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inedwXtNzAk check this out and this is just what is caught on camera. Ive experienced worse being a striker against some center half's

Midophile
9-6-11, 19:50
You must be Joking, I had to quit playing because of a terrible tackle against Maccsfield Town the girl plowed into my shooting leg mid way up my calf the stud went through my shin pad and left a hold in my leg that oozed blood. On top of that I tore my Ligament on the leg I had the weight on.

Don't know where people get this idea that Womans football is some sort of non contact sport. there is elbowing, punching, stomping on your foot hairpulling and all sorts when the ref isn't looking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inedwXtNzAk check this out and this is just what is caught on camera. Ive experienced worse being a striker against some center half's

Tbh there are a lot less tackles in womens football.

doughts28
9-6-11, 19:50

Still don't think she's as bad as Nigella De Jong

-Bodie-
9-6-11, 19:51
lol (http://www.kcdesignstudio.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/kitchen.jpg)

LiverpoolOne
9-6-11, 19:52
To help people come to more informed points of view:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGvlwvB3O24

Has been an issue for some time.

Kloppette
9-6-11, 19:56
Tbh there are a lot less tackles in womens football.
There is in international football but not club football, I'd say club football is maybe 25% less tackles than the mens game in the next few years this will be more because players will make less mistakes as they improve and can train 4 times a week.

vonStauffenberg
9-6-11, 19:57

I agree they should not be worn. Not for the safety reason. Peoples religious beliefs should be left in the dressing room. Nothing to do with football. What next, Sikhs with Kirpans on the field?

Dave00
9-6-11, 19:58
To help people come to more informed points of view:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGvlwvB3O24

Has been an issue for some time.

Those outfits are just ludicrous and are definately not suitable attire for running around a football pitch for 90 minutes.

Midophile
9-6-11, 20:00
There is in international football but not club football, I'd say club football is maybe 25% less tackles than the mens game in the next few years this will be more because players will make less mistakes as they improve and can train 4 times a week.

No i'd say there's 100% less tackles.

graham-47
9-6-11, 20:02
I never thought id be sideing with FIFA but after watching the youtube film
if rules are in place for dress code they are right to ban them.

Kloppette
9-6-11, 20:02
No i'd say there's 100% less tackles.

Well I must have imagined all the tackles then, what womans league are you watching.

Midophile
9-6-11, 20:03
Well I must have imagined all the tackles then, what womans league are you watching.

A league with WOMEN, so there are a lot less TACKLES than in MEN's football. C'maaan.

Kloppette
9-6-11, 20:06
A league with WOMEN, so there are a lot less TACKLES than in MEN's football. C'maaan.

I'll talk to you when you want to be sensible and discuss the matter properly

Midophile
9-6-11, 20:08
I'll talk to you when you want to be sensible and discuss the matter properly

I know it wasnt that funny a joke but still.

graham-47
9-6-11, 20:09

id say its not the amount of tackleing its the type of tackles, to me it sounds just as dangerous in both mens and womens footy.
less of the male matcho please guys
a broken legs the same to a woman as it is to a man..

WindyShepherdHenderson
9-6-11, 20:10
I went to the women's Champions League final and the quality really wasn't that good. Defenders seemed scared to do anything, instead resorting to hoofing it anywhere - even behind their own goal. Lot of fouls, some of the challenges were terribly mistimed.

Lot of fit ones though, especially for Potsdam.

Kloppette
9-6-11, 20:19
I went to the women's Champions League final and the quality really wasn't that good. Defenders seemed scared to do anything, instead resorting to hoofing it anywhere - even behind their own goal. Lot of fouls, some of the challenges were terribly mistimed.

Lot of fit ones though, especially for Potsdam.

I have to agree with the hoofing thing, this needs to be the first thing that is addressed in the womans game. Defenders need to learn to be more composed with the ball at the back they give away throwings and corners that are totally unnecessary, it used to really annoy me when my own defenders did this and one time I got into a lot of trouble for pointing this out in the middle of the game.
There is still a long way to go but with better academy's ( LFC being one of them ) and also getting the players to train 4 or 5 times a week it will improve. At the moment the standard going forward is good but playing from the back when under pressure is not. There are also too many players that play within themselves and follow the same pattern every game. It will get there eventually and hopefully this new league will help at the top end of the scale. Its grass roots where it will happen and with the young girls that started as kids starting to come through now we will see a big change in quality.
I think if they start showing the summer league it will be a great stop gap for the mens game and people will learn to enjoy it within its own realm rather than comparing it to the mens game constantly.

rindesh
9-6-11, 20:28
How many times has JustMerc said he's leaving but keeps coming back?

Anyway, just read this whole thing and I've gotta say that JustMerc just seems to be endlessly trying to justify his initial (and evidently racist) remarks, by talking complete crap.

How on Earth is a boot supposed to get caught on those things? i think we all need to look at the picture again. Even if a stud was to get caught, there is no way that it would have enough of a catch to remove the headscarf and then continue to travel with enough to snap a neck!

If anything, if a boot were flying towards the head of the woman at the front of the line, I'd be more worried about her face... She's a beaut! ;)

(And God help your physics professors, JustMerc)

SomeKloppo
9-6-11, 20:30
This post is just too stupid i have to reply. Okay, let's go over the Physics. Let's set it out as if the thing around the neck has already got tangled.

Thing around neck of Guy A is attached to moving Guy B. Guy B is at his maximum running speed. Guy B's speed applies a force of tension onto the thing around neck which applies onto neck of Guy A.

If you think that kind of force which can snap legs in half will do nothing to someones neck, then you're a moron.

Also, for the record i am taking Physics at University next year, what the **** do you know about it to make this claim?

If i'm such a moron then how do you expect one person to somehow get stuck in a scarf?

I don't think you know what a scarf is. It's not completely wrapped around your neck. It is also not very thick cloth.

Or is it that you think that some girl's scarf will SOMEHOW get stuck inside some imaginary opening in the scarf and rip the head from the body?

What are you clutching at?

Also we are not talking about guys here.

I'll be personally emailing your university to not take you. You don't have any common sense.

rindesh
9-6-11, 20:34
if i'm such a moron then how do you expect one person to somehow get stuck in a scarf?

I don't think you know what a scarf is. It's not completely wrapped around your neck. It is also not very thick cloth.

Or is it that you think that some girl's scarf will somehow get stuck inside some imaginary opening in the scarf and rip the head from the body?

I'll be personally emailing your university to not take you. You don't have any common sense.

******* this!

vonStauffenberg
9-6-11, 20:40
If i'm such a moron then how do you expect one person to somehow get stuck in a scarf?

Or is it that you think that some girl's scarf will SOMEHOW get stuck inside some imaginary opening in the scarf and rip the head from the body?

Forget the safety issue, should people of a particular faith be allowed to wear what they want on a football field? Why not the full face veil? Why not the kirpan as I earlier mentioned? How far do you go and when is the right time to say stop, or shouldn't we?

-Monk-
9-6-11, 20:42
Forget the safety issue, should people of a particular faith be allowed to wear what they want on a football field? Why not the full face veil? Why not the kirpan as I earlier mentioned? How far do you go and when is the right time to say stop, or shouldn't we?

There is a line, don't worry.

Kloppette
9-6-11, 20:43
You have a point, but I don't think it applies to everyone - some people would be able to cope with the heat, whereas some wouldn't. Maybe you fit the latter?

Yeah there are some who wouldn't have that problem but there are many that do and they don't want to wear one because of it. They are forced to wear one because of the politics surrounding it. If this is what FIFA are saying then it will be a huge welcome for most of the players unless of course the Iranian FA then say they can't play at all then which i am worried could happen.

SomeKloppo
9-6-11, 20:45

There is actually no such thing as a full face veil in Islam. Women are supposed to cover their bodies except the face, hands and feet. Some women cover their face and it's stupid and they're making their own rules or whatever.

As for the kirpan. Common sense again? A scarf wouldn't hurt anyone would it?

Also, sikh cricketers are allowed to wear their turbans but I don't think they have their kirpans. Allow it till it's not harming anyone. End of.

rindesh
9-6-11, 20:45

If the lady wants to wear a full face veil, then let the lady wear a full face veil... It's only going to be detrimental to her game... She'll eventually take it off, or leave the field.

And as for the kirpan (which if you don't know, is a sword that members of the Sikh religion carry if they so wish to), I happen to know that it can be substituted for a small pendant of the same shape when swimming, playing football etc...

vonStauffenberg
9-6-11, 20:46
There is a line, don't worry.

I'm not worried. I just think it makes the world easier if we stick to the good old fashioned standard football kit. No road then to go down.

By-Lallanas-Beard
9-6-11, 21:02
Personally I think the head gear that cech wears is more dangerous than a headscarf.

Kloppette
9-6-11, 21:23
Personally I think the head gear that cech wears is more dangerous than a headscarf.

The safety test people would disagree, they wear white coats and goggles and speak in long words so they know what they are talking about.

SuarezIsClassy08
10-6-11, 07:18

How are you sure that they aren't wearing it by choice? How are they dangerous?

My sisters don't wear them and they're not forced to by anyone. My mother, however, wears the headscarf but she chooses to.

ok I read though some pages on the forum and concluded that you're a.. well, let's keep things respectful. If you read the article you'd realize that they're special made. They're not loosely worn. I lived in the middle east for a good part of my life and I've see women playing football all the time. There hasn't been one report of a womans neck breaking because of a head scarf.. Has a players neck ever been broken while wearing a snood? I don't think so..

However, I can understand why FIFA would ban it but it's not a religious symbol but rather something Muslim women wear for modesty.

vonStauffenberg
10-6-11, 07:22
How are you sure that they aren't wearing it by choice? How are they dangerous?

My sisters don't wear them and they're not forced to by anyone. My mother, however, wears the headscarf but she chooses to.

Does she wear it when she plays football?

SuarezIsClassy08
10-6-11, 07:32
Does she wear it when she plays football?

My mother? she doesn't play football :FP:

read my post above please.

vonStauffenberg
10-6-11, 07:47
My mother? she doesn't play football :FP:

But you say your mum wears it by choice, your sisters don't, so there is no requirement in Islam, is that right? If so, what's the debate over? The right to wear them?

SomeKloppo
10-6-11, 07:51
But you say your mum wears it by choice, your sisters don't, so there is no requirement in Islam, is that right? If so, what's the debate over? The right to wear them?

You are not allowed to watch porn before 18 but you did right? What's your point?

vonStauffenberg
10-6-11, 07:54
You are not allowed to watch porn before 18 but you did right? What's your point?

Your comment has no bearing on this discussion.

SuarezIsClassy08
10-6-11, 07:54

Actually JustMerc said that women are forced to wear it.. You'd be surprised to see how many women actually CHOOSE to wear them (and even don't mind playing sports in them). And he was being more offensive rather than trying to make a point. And I believe his claim is invalid..

Yehez
10-6-11, 08:02
The headscarve is generally considered a requirement by Islam for women. But a lot of women, and I mean A LOT, muslim choose not to wear it. Wearing it means you are just a bit devoted to your religion that others. Plenty of women I know do all their religious homework but choose not to ear the scarve for a number of reasons.

Me personally, as much as I acknowledge it as a part of Islam, I don't think it's that important to wear it. The Koran barely stresses on it, The prophet has only a couple or so sayings about it. The point is not about the scarve but to generally dress properly.

But still, it's a part of a muslim woman, no matter how small it is. God knows how it is harmful:confused: So again, this ban is an abomination.

SuarezIsClassy08
10-6-11, 08:06
The headscarve is generally considered a requirement by Islam for women. But a lot of women, and I mean A LOT, muslim choose not to wear it. Wearing it means you are just a bit devoted to your religion that others. Plenty of women I know do all their religious homework but choose not to ear the scarve for a number of reasons.

Me personally, as much as I acknowledge it as a part of Islam, I don't think it's that important to wear it. The Koran barely stresses on it, The prophet has only a couple or so sayings about it. The point is not about the scarve but to generally dress properly.

But still, it's a part of a muslim woman, no matter how small it is. God knows how it is harmful:confused: So again, this ban is an abomination.

Great to know there are some people that know some details about the religion ;)
repped

vonStauffenberg
10-6-11, 08:08
Actually JustMerc said that women are forced to wear it.. You'd be surprised to see how many women actually CHOOSE to wear them (and even don't mind playing sports in them).

OK. I get they want to wear them. I get they're not forced to wear them. It seems there's no real debate then. They're not required to wear them by their religion, there's no real reason they have to be worn. Let's stick to the good old fashioned shorts and shirt.

SuarezIsClassy08
10-6-11, 08:12
OK. I get they want to wear them. I get they're not forced to wear them. It seems there's no real debate then. They're not required to wear them by their religion, there's no real reason they have to be worn. Let's stick to the good old fashioned shorts and shirt.

I understand what you mean but it's not that simple, unfortunately.. I would like FIFA to respect everyones beliefs.

Plus they were banned from the Olympics, right? Isn't the Olympics supposed to show how people from different regions of the world can come together and compete? Regardless of what they believe in?

vonStauffenberg
10-6-11, 08:14
I understand what you mean but it's not that simple, unfortunately.. I would like FIFA to respect everyones beliefs.

Plus they were banned from the Olympics, right? Isn't the Olympics supposed to show how people from different regions of the world can come together and compete? Regardless of what they believe in?

No idea mate. Was this the last olympics? What was the reason given?

Tuta
10-6-11, 08:16

They are banned from next year olympics (london) and why is fifa banning them, shouldn't job for be IOC?

SuarezIsClassy08
10-6-11, 08:18

"The team forfeited the qualifier against Jordan last Friday because they would not play without their specially-designed head and neck-covering scarves.

It was just qualifiers.. but you can't progress by forfeiting.

vonStauffenberg
10-6-11, 08:19
They are banned from next year olympics (london) and why is fifa banning them, shouldn't job for be IOC?

First I've heard. What was the reason given for the ban?

SuarezIsClassy08
10-6-11, 08:20

because it's being held in London? I am not sure.

vonStauffenberg
10-6-11, 08:21

Is it just football or other sports at the Olympics.

SuarezIsClassy08
10-6-11, 08:23
First I've heard. What was the reason given for the ban?

headscarves. It doesn't comply with FIFAs rules

BeckenhamRed
10-6-11, 08:24
Actually JustMerc said that women are forced to wear it.. You'd be surprised to see how many women actually CHOOSE to wear them (and even don't mind playing sports in them). And he was being more offensive rather than trying to make a point. And I believe his claim is invalid..

If the choice is to wear the head covering or be beaten by the male population, I am not surprised that so many women 'choose' to wear it.

SuarezIsClassy08
10-6-11, 08:28
If the choice is to wear the head covering or be beaten by the male population, I am not surprised that so many women 'choose' to wear it.

Those would be the extremists man..

Tuta
10-6-11, 10:43
Is it just football or other sports at the Olympics.

It's only for football as it's Fifa decision. That's why is so confusing to me.

MiroTheRed
10-6-11, 10:53
rules are rules,...

JustMerc
10-6-11, 10:56

It's an Iranian law. I'd call that being forced, seeing as though it's that or jail...

( Pointing out a law is me purely being offensive hmmm ? )

cbetofop
10-6-11, 10:56
If we don't get a grip in the west it won't be long before these lunatics have political power here and start passing laws to make women in this country wear these evil uniforms.

vonStauffenberg
10-6-11, 11:00
It's an Iranian law. I'd call that being forced, seeing as though it's that or jail...

I was trying to defend your decision, but not so much on the safety issue. I think that's a negative Houston.

Bali2
If we don't get a grip in the west it won't be long before these lunatics have political power here and start passing laws to make women in this country wear these evil uniforms.

is this the EDL/BNP message board now? WTF are you talking about? Which lunatics are going to take over and make women wear these uniforms? Total and utter ********.

Some of the replies on this thread are stunning in their ignorance. Isn't this what MODS are for? Is this the sort of thing we want LFC supporters from around the world reading? Disgraceful.

Yehez

If wearing them is an Iranian law then it's wrong.

Anyway, I've always said Iran and Saudi Arabia are not a good representation of Islam. They're crazy, well and truly. Some of the things they come up with are laughable. Actually now you can add Somalia to the list.

JustMerc
10-6-11, 11:01

I doubt that will ever happen as we are becoming more and more secular. ( Also, they aren't evil - maybe the enforcement of them upon women is ).

Yehez
10-6-11, 11:01
is this the EDL/BNP message board now? WTF are you talking about? Which lunatics are going to take over and make women wear these uniforms? Total and utter ********.

Some of the replies on this thread are stunning in their ignorance. Isn't this what MODS are for? Is this the sort of thing we want LFC supporters from around the world reading? Disgraceful.

Unifroms. lol.

Bali2
10-6-11, 11:02
They'd have to forgo the silly rituals of their religion in order to play safely, otherwise their religion would be the reason, not fifa. Safety is very important. ( A lot of what they wear dont wrap around the necks anyway right? )

Are you having a laugh? If not - you need to go and stick your head in a toilet because you're talking ****.

Again - plainly offensive to both Sikhs and Muslims.

Sometimes these boards are a joke - what a wonderful advert for our great club. No really...

JustMerc
10-6-11, 11:03
If wearing them is an Iranian law then it's wrong.

Anyway, I've always said Iran and Saudi Arabia are not a good representation of Islam. They're crazy, well and truly. Some of the things they come up with are laughable. Actually now you can add Somalia to the list.

There are also Islam countries that have it as law to kill anyone that deconverts from Islam (apostates), so it's pretty much an indirect law there as well.

JustMerc
10-6-11, 11:05
Are you having a laugh? If not - you need to go and stick your head in a toilet because you're talking ****.

Again - plainly offensive to both Sikhs and Muslims.

Sometimes these boards are a joke - what a wonderful advert for our great club. No really...

It's sad that i'm not allowed my opinion without being deemed as highly offensive. For the record, i'm not being specific as i find any religious ritual that is only there for the religion silly. "Hey, you aren't religious! That offends me!!!!!!!" Also, don't deter from the main point - which is safety thankyou.

Yehez
10-6-11, 11:07
There are also Islam countries that have it as law to kill anyone that deconverts from Islam (apostates), so it's pretty much an indirect law there as well.

Which countries? Maybe those 3 and Syria I think. Doubt it though.

vonStauffenberg
10-6-11, 11:07

I don't know any members on here who've said they're in the EDL or BNP. In my experience, any debate on religion or religious practices does end up with those organisations being mentioned. It's a shame really "if you have a different opinion to us you're BNP or EDL".

Klopportunity
10-6-11, 11:08
I'm very split on this. While I am supportive of everyone being allowed to follow their own believes and faiths in whatever way they chose, I can see that there are genuine safety concerns with headgear being worn.

Like others in this thread have mentioned, it's similar to the snood being banned earlier in the year. Anything that goes around your neck is likely to be banned.

I imagine it also makes it very difficult for referees to identify players on the pitch. Sure, you have their number, but how do you know what they are doing underneath their scarf? I referee needs to be able to read peoples faces in order to read and possibly defuse the situation.

So I don't know what to conclude in all honesty.

JustMerc
10-6-11, 11:09
Which countries? Maybe those 3 and Syria I think. Doubt it though.

Sudan, Libya, Afghanistan and Somalia.

EDIT: Anywhere with Sharia courts - look it up if you want to know more.

cbetofop
10-6-11, 11:10

when you sister and mother are being beheaded or stoned for 'adultery' not allowed to drive or work, not given access to education and the right to vote then you can call me ignorant you piece of snot

Yehez
10-6-11, 11:12

Ah. Fair enough.

For Sudan and Lybia, it's really just the strict stupid governments. The Sudanese people are so awesome and openminded. I've lived there for about 2 years.

The same with Iranian. It's strict **** governments.

For Saudi Arabia, eventhough the government imposes that on it's people, so people do want that. But as I said Saudi Arabia is a VERY special case.

Afghanistan = Taliban. Nuff said. If Taliban represents Islam then nobody is a muslim.

Somalia are just crazy. They banned Bra's because it's against God's creation of the body. it's comedy down there.

Yehez
10-6-11, 11:13

EDIT: Anywhere with Sharia courts - look it up if you want to know more.

By the way, I don't need to know more. I'm an Arab muslim and have been around arab countries.:D

Bali2
10-6-11, 11:14
when you sister and mother are being beheaded or stoned for 'adultery' not allowed to drive or work, not given access to education and the right to vote then you can call me ignorant you piece of snot

Here we go - the intellectuals are back. YET AGAIN - an ignorant, insensible, scaremongering load of tosh. I'm ignorant? Yeah right, you rabid little reactionary *****.

Yehez
10-6-11, 11:15
Here we go - the intellectuals are back. YET AGAIN - an ignorant, insensible, scaremongering load of tosh. I'm ignorant? Yeah right, you rabid little reactionary *****.

Just don't bother. You tried to argue and he attacked you. Don't bother with these people.

Bali2
10-6-11, 11:15
I don't know any members on here who've said they're in the EDL or BNP. In my experience, any debate on religion or religious practices does end up with those organisations being mentioned. It's a shame really "if you have a different opinion to us you're BNP or EDL".

Rubbish - the person I quoted is talking testicles about the supposed islamification of the UK - the EXACT line of ignorant scaremongering used by both the EDL and the BNP.

Klopportunity
10-6-11, 11:16
By the way, I don't need to know more. I'm an Arab muslim and have been around arab countries.:D

One of my very good friends married a Muslim, and she absolutely lovely. She isn't a hard core Muslim, and works for the UN and currently lives in NY. But her stories from growing up in Palestine really make you think about how easy most of our lives are compared to many places around the world.

There are injustices around this world, and some religions really need to come out of the dark ages. Especially around equality for women.

Yehez
10-6-11, 11:19
One of my very good friends married a Muslim, and she absolutely lovely. She isn't a hard core Muslim, and works for the UN and currently lives in NY. But her stories from growing up in Palestine really make you think about how easy most of our lives are compared to many places around the world.

There are injustices around this world, and some religions really need to come out of the dark ages. Especially around equality for women.

Palestine?

Look, there is PLENTY of extremist around the arab world. No doubt about it.

But for most of them are crazy militia's. Nothing to do with normal people. Taliban, Hezbollah, The Somali militia ****. Fatah and Hamas.

Palestine is a special case. It's something deep and disturbing and it has little to do with extremisim.

JustMerc
10-6-11, 11:20
Ah. Fair enough.

For Sudan and Lybia, it's really just the strict stupid governments. The Sudanese people are so awesome and openminded. I've lived there for about 2 years.

The same with Iranian. It's strict **** governments.

For Saudi Arabia, eventhough the government imposes that on it's people, so people do want that. But as I said Saudi Arabia is a VERY special case.

Afghanistan = Taliban. Nuff said. If Taliban represents Islam then nobody is a muslim.

Somalia are just crazy. They banned Bra's because it's against God's creation of the body. it's comedy down there.

The less literal people seem to be with religious texts the better. Yeah those countries are crazy, but only because they are so dogmatic to the scriptures.
I've no problem with anyone religious being religious as long as they ignore all the offensive things their religion teaches, be it sexist, racist or homophobic. Anyone that follows a religion ONLY for the good things, although i disagree and may find them silly, are good people in my book. I am intolerant of intolerance.

JustMerc
10-6-11, 11:21

He didn't make any of that up TBF, go look up Sharia court justice.

Yehez
10-6-11, 11:21
one of my very good friends married a muslim, and she absolutely lovely. She isn't a hard core muslim, and works for the un and currently lives in ny. But her stories from growing up in palestine really make you think about how easy most of our lives are compared to many places around the world.

also, i'm sick of this equality thing?

I live in ******* jordan. Woman can do every ******* thing they want. Same for iraq, my original country. Lebanon, egypt, syria, now even kuwait and uae and qatar i think. Plus the west arab countries. Women are fine.

I'm sick of this **** about women.

Only saudi arabia disallowes the driving thing. Wearing the scarve is a personal choice.

I'm gonna say it again, iran and saudi arabia are not a measure.

Did i make myself clear?

Bali2
10-6-11, 11:22
Just don't bother. You tried to argue and he attacked you. Don't bother with these people.

You're right Yehez - but these replies directly affect the standing of our club. People reading this nonsense around the world will think that this club condones such tripe and that is wrong.

None of the people I've reacted against give a stuff about the rights of Muslim women - all they are doing is using tired old rubbish to justify their ignorance and prejudice. There IS a debate to be had about the wearing of headscarves etc... but in a proper, non-judgemental and non-prejudiced way. Some of the replies on this thread are not even close to that.

Our wonderful anthem tells people they'll never walk alone at this club. Unless they're female and wearing a headscarf or male and in a turban. Shocking that the mods on here are doing nothing about this.

YNWA

cbetofop
10-6-11, 11:23
Rubbish - the person I quoted is talking testicles about the supposed islamification of the UK - the EXACT line of ignorant scaremongering used by both the EDL and the BNP.

Like I said...."when you Mother Sister is being beheaded ...etc."

I have lived in Iran, Saudi Arabia, The Emirates, Bahrain and Indonesia.

I know what I'm talking about and I know what Islam is all about. I also know what the agenda of many so called Muslim organisations in this country is....and let me tell you it is FAR more frightrning than any EDL BNP Conservative, Labour or any other vision.......political movements follw MEN....these evil people think they are doing things in GODS name.

Bottom line...and read this carefully.....

WOMEN CAN'T PLAY A GAME OF FOOTBALL BECAUSE SOME RELIGIOUS LUNATIC WHO CAN'T KEEP HIS SEXUAL URGES UNDER CONTROL WANTS THEM COVERED UP

beat that with a stick

Yehez
10-6-11, 11:23
The less literal people seem to be with religious texts the better. Yeah those countries are crazy, but only because they are so dogmatic to the scriptures.
I've no problem with anyone religious being religious as long as they ignore all the offensive things their religion teaches, be it sexist, racist or homophobic. Anyone that follows a religion ONLY for the good things, although i disagree and may find them silly, are good people in my book. I am intolerant of intolerance.

oh believe me, if this countries followed the koran there would be none of this problems. the problem is they don't follow koran. they do what the **** they want. that's why they are called extremists.

Klopportunity
10-6-11, 11:24
Palestine?

Look, there is PLENTY of extremist around the arab world. No doubt about it.

But for most of them are crazy militia's. Nothing to do with normal people. Taliban, Hezbollah, The Somali militia ****. Fatah and Hamas.

Palestine is a special case. It's something deep and disturbing and it has little to do with extremisim.

Oh I'm well aware of that. I wasn't really suggesting that they were extremists, they are people in an extreme situation. When my friend married this girl I met plenty more from the area and was amazed at how friendly they were and all embraced life to the fullest. Hearing their stories you understand why.

Actually I'm not sure I was really making a specific point, I just thought I would add some colour (racist pun not intended).

vonStauffenberg
10-6-11, 11:25

I think you'll find many more Muslims on here than EDL/BNP members. He maybe a bit hotheaded, but women's rights in Saudi Arabia and Iran are very questionable by the standards we expect in Britain.

JustMerc
10-6-11, 11:25

I live in ******* jordan. Woman can do every ******* thing they want. Same for iraq, my original country. Lebanon, egypt, syria, now even kuwait and uae and qatar i think. Plus the west arab countries. Women are fine.

Only saudi arabia disallowes the driving thing. Wearing the scarve is a personal choice.

Did i make myself clear?

We're talking about the countries that do enforce this ( as the thread is about one), stop presuming we are talking about ALL islam. If i were to rant on about the westboro baptist church being incrdibly homophobic scum of the earth, i would not be talking about all christianity.

RogerHuntelaar
10-6-11, 11:26
Wait a minute, I thought this thread was about safety, not religion in itself? Makes me think someones arguments were never about safety in the first place. *cough* JustMerc *cough*

Yehez
10-6-11, 11:26
Anyway, I'm tired of arguing. If people want to get angry and then scream human rights whenever something else happens it's fine.

I'm not gonna sit here and defend my religion. I believe in it and I know and if people don't want to hear me then OK. All has their opinion and I respect all opinions.

That's that. The Iranians deserve to be banned they deserve to be banned whatever.

I wonder if Iran are som against women and force them to wear scarves why do they let them play football? Weird.

COuntries like Iran and Saudi ARabia which I hate their idiology I've been reduced here to defend them. ****.

Bali2
10-6-11, 11:27
He didn't make any of that up TBF, go look up Sharia court justice.

I'm not defending Sharia courts - what I'm asking is WHY he thinks such laws will ever be enacted here. There will NEVER be sharia law in this country - he is simply using the EDL/BNP line to scaremonger and to justify his own prejudices. AS I've just said - there IS a debate to be had here - but to call the wearing of headscarves/turbans 'silly religious rituals', as you did, is plainly offensive.

I hope you didn't mean it that way but that's how it comes across - and as the son and grandson of proud and peaceful Sikhs, and knowing that Sikhs and Muslims gave their lives for this country in their tens of thousands during World War One and Two - I'm very bothered that this isn't being picked up by the mods.

Yehez
10-6-11, 11:27
Wait a minute, I thought this thread was about safety, not religion in itself? Makes me think someones arguments were never about safety in the first place. *cough* JustMerc *cough*

No ******* ****.

Klopportunity
10-6-11, 11:29

Did i make myself clear?

Again, I wasn't directing the equality issue at a particular religion or country. You even confirm it yourself, some countries are a long way away from embracing equality.

If it's easier just forget I said anything, I was trying to offer a different perspective but it's not been met in the way it was meant.

JustMerc
10-6-11, 11:30
oh believe me, if this countries followed the koran there would be none of this problems. the problem is they don't follow koran. they do what the **** they want. that's why they are called extremists.

They follow the literal interpretations of the Koran, and these DO claim for death by stoning of apostates and obedience of women among other things (Google it, if you want quotes). The best way to follow it, is to ignore the bad bits and follow the good. Some also claim that bits shouldn't be taken literally ( i don't know how you would know which bits are meant to be literal or not, but if it achieves the same result as what i said is the best way, it's fine with me ).

Yehez
10-6-11, 11:34
They follow the literal interpretations of the Koran, and these DO claim for death by stoning of apostates and obedience of women among other things (Google it, if you want quotes). The best way to follow it, is to ignore the bad bits and follow the good. Some also claim that bits shouldn't be taken literally ( i don't know how you would know which bits are meant to be literal or not, but if it achieves the same result as what i said is the best way, it's fine with me ).

I don't think Stoning is mentioned in the Koran. I think it came from the prophet or whatever. It's a bit of a needless law. The stoning part is not exclusive to women by the way.

Klopportunity

That should be the first line in every religious book whether it be the Bible, Koran or any other text that teaches the morals of life.

JustMerc

To be fair, i went on about safety for 5 pages, and then people jumped on the fact i'm an atheist and hence, fine religious rituals silly - as if i've just shot them or something. Now it's grown into an entirely religious discussion thread, i still have an opinion on the matter. However, if anyone wants to bring it back to safety i'm still open to it. At least i've got opinions unlike you and don't just sit in the sidelines throwing in the odd insults.

cbetofop
10-6-11, 11:35
I'm not defending Sharia courts - what I'm asking is WHY he thinks such laws will ever be enacted here. There will NEVER be sharia law in this country - he is simply using the EDL/BNP line to scaremonger and to justify his own prejudices. AS I've just said - there IS a debate to be had here - but to call the wearing of headscarves/turbans 'silly religious rituals', as you did, is plainly offensive.

I hope you didn't mean it that way but that's how it comes across - and as the son and grandson of proud and peaceful Sikhs, and knowing that Sikhs and Muslims gave their lives for this country in their tens of thousands during World War One and Two - I'm very bothered that this isn't being picked up by the mods.

Don't be bothered it isn't being picked up by the Mods Bali. It isn't in my nature to descend into name calling, and I apologise.

But you say that anyone expressing a negative opinion on religious practices is delving into EDL / BNP scaremongering......

Isn't it the default position of Islamic and other organisations to immediately 'label' anyone who expresses disagreement with them as 'EDL' 'BNP' 'Racist' or 'Intolerant'.....if they were secure in their beliefs they would not care about criticism.

I think they are worried a real examination and debate about their 'beliefs' would expose them for what they are...extreme and intolerant in their own stead.

I'm not BNP or EDL, but I am a scientist....and science is held to a higher standard of PROOF....I will not cow down and walk away respectfully whenever religion and fantasy enter the room.

Yehez
10-6-11, 11:37
That should be the first line in every religious book whether it be the Bible, Koran or any other text that teaches the morals of life.

I can't disagree with you.

There is so much to say about this matter. I've read the Koran and there is nothing that is really offensive or against women or whatever. Thing is, it's now the general view of everybody that Islam is against women and equality. And NOTHING will change that. That time has passed. Muslims abandoned the Quran, even the normal decent muslims. Everybody does what they like. Even me. But I try to use the Quran and relate to it.

The problem is, People, non muslims especially, comapre Bible to Koran. You have no Idea how different they are.

RogerHuntelaar
10-6-11, 11:38
To be fair, i went on about safety for 5 pages, and then people jumped on the fact i'm an atheist and hence, fine religious rituals silly - as if i've just shot them or something. Now it's grown into an entirely religious discussion thread, i still have an opinion on the matter. However, if anyone wants to bring it back to safety i'm still open to it. At least i've got opinions unlike you and don't just sit in the sidelines throwing in the odd insults.

Fair enough, but I suspect it was never about safety for you in the first place. I think your arguments were based on principles rather than safety reasons. If it was purely out of safety reasons, this thread would have been derailed in people thinking of safer ways to wear a headscarf instead of some pointless debate about whether women are or aren't being forced to wear them in Islam.

Klopportunity
10-6-11, 11:39
Don't be bothered it isn't being picked up by the Mods Bali. It isn't in my nature to descend into name calling, and I apologise.

But you say that anyone expressing a negative opinion on religious practices is delving into EDL / BNP scaremongering......

Isn't it the default position of Islamic and other organisations to immediately 'label' anyone who expresses disagreement with them as 'EDL' 'BNP' 'Racist' or 'Intolerant'.....if they were secure in their beliefs they would not care about criticism.

I think they are worried a real examination and debate about their 'beliefs' would expose them for what they are...extreme and intolerant in their own stead.

I'm not BNP or EDL, but I am a scientist....and science is held to a higher standard of PROOF....I will not cow down and walk away respectfully whenever religion and fantasy enter the room.

That's a huge leap of a conclusion, and is nothing but a generalisation of an entire religion. You need to have a rethink mate, seriously.

JustMerc
10-6-11, 11:39
I don't think Stoning is mentioned in the Koran. I think it came from the prophet or whatever. It's a bit of a needless law. The stoning part is not exclusive to women by the way.

It is, you'll have to google as i don't want to quote such a huge sum of text, but basically it's this:

It states that the punishment for adultery is 100 floggings for unmarried, and stoning to death for those married, as stated by Allah's law.

vonStauffenberg
10-6-11, 11:40

That's what religion has always got and always expects, underserved respect.

JustMerc
10-6-11, 11:41
Fair enough, but I suspect it was never about safety for you in the first place. I think your arguments were based on principles rather than safety reasons. If it was purely out of safety reasons, this thread would have been derailed in people thinking of safer ways to wear a headscarf instead of some pointless debate about whether women are or aren't being forced to wear them in Islam.

I do dislike enforcement of women wearing these yes (choosing is fine but in Iran they dont get the chance to choose!) and i did mention it on the side as a topic to bring up but i mainly want to point out why FIFA have done this. I didn't want it to grow into such a monster of a topic that has engulfed the thread >.<

Kloppette
10-6-11, 11:41
I think the subject is getting into a political and religious debate rather than a football one. Are we saying that FIFA has done this from an anti religious point of view or are they just keeping things in line with the rules of the game.

There is a uniform to play football there have been many rules introduced to the game to stick to this, you have to wear the same coloured cycling shorts as the shorts you are wearing for example.

If they don't do this sort of thing it creates confusion in the game, you could have teams wearing head gear that improves their heading for example.

There has been lots of stuff on this before, the girls playing don't want to wear it, they have to because its forced upon them, there has been compromise and they have improved the head gear. All FIFA is doing is having one set rule for everyone on top of that there is safety issues also.

Bali2
10-6-11, 11:43
Like I said...."when you Mother Sister is being beheaded ...etc."

I have lived in Iran, Saudi Arabia, The Emirates, Bahrain and Indonesia.

I know what I'm talking about and I know what Islam is all about. I also know what the agenda of many so called Muslim organisations in this country is....and let me tell you it is FAR more frightrning than any EDL BNP Conservative, Labour or any other vision.......political movements follw MEN....these evil people think they are doing things in GODS name.

Bottom line...and read this carefully.....

WOMEN CAN'T PLAY A GAME OF FOOTBALL BECAUSE SOME RELIGIOUS LUNATIC WHO CAN'T KEEP HIS SEXUAL URGES UNDER CONTROL WANTS THEM COVERED UP

beat that with a stick

so now we're being disingenuous?

NO ONE with a sane mind agrees with the subjugation of women and the trampling of their rights. I'm not defending the use of force to ensure these headscarves are worn. But if you really KNOW Islam - as you state - you'd be aware that the terrorists and lunatics who are using Islam to further their own extremist vision are influenced by a Saudi Arabian reworking of Islam known as Wahhabism. You'll also know that the same groups aren't even remotely close to gaining any sort of political power in the UK and that, therefore, your ridiculous scaremongering (using my sister and mother in your example was very classy by the way) is just that. A load of fact-free, myth-heavy posturing that allies very concisely with the rabid views of the EDL/BNP and the extremists themselves.

And I don't believe for a single moment that you really give a stuff about the rights of the Iranian women's football team or Muslim women generally. Fifa has ********** up in this ruling and must be held to account. I don't agree that the headscarves will be a problem because the Iran team have already played wearing these outfits with no issue.

The only thing creeping through here is the distasteful and reactionary demonisation of an ENTIRE religion based on the views of a few lunatics, most of whom have never properly read the Holy Koran. If they had, they'd know that blowing yourself up will NOT guarantee a place n Paradise because Islam strictly forbids suicide for ANY reason.

JustMerc
10-6-11, 11:45
I think the subject is getting into a political and religious debate rather than a football one. Are we saying that FIFA has done this from an anti religious point of view or are they just keeping things in line with the rules of the game.

No, it will be mostly because of safety, and maybe partly due to them banning things like Jesus Ts under the jerseys. I doubt any of it is from any intolerance on FIFAs end. They are corrupt, but they arent intolerant.

graham-47
10-6-11, 11:46
Great to know there are some people that know some details about the religion ;)
repped

can you tell me if what ive heard is right, in sudia arabia
they have religous police walking around with canes or stick who hit women on the legs or ankles if they are showing bare skin.