PDA

View Full Version : Villa Boas Prediction ?

L1verFC
22-6-11, 12:28
Could we have this as a separate thread mods ? ,so we could return to it in time and see who was right?

So what's your predictions for Villa Boas ? Long term success ? Gone within two years ? Etc.

My feeling is he will find it tough especially opening day away to Stoke , but I'm caught between him starting well then struggling in a few months time alot like scolari or him not winning anything this season but ultimately having success the next 2-3 seasons.

No doubt he is a good manager with big potential , but I'm hoping he is gone within a season or two not because I want to see him fail but because I want roman to again be made to look a joke and lose another 14 million, while kenny builds a team of invincibility :D :scarf

phuzz
22-6-11, 12:30
Sacked by January.

RogerHuntelaar
22-6-11, 12:30
Relegation battle, Hiddink coming to save them, securing 6th place.

No wait, wrong script. :IN:

I don't know. I have a strange feeling Chelsea will drop out of the top 4 this season, but they will probably strengthen enough to make this feeling of me go away. I don't think they'll win the title though.

Emilvang
22-6-11, 12:32
Maybe win a trophy, but will get sacked because he didn't win the CL.

Maxi-Driver
22-6-11, 12:33
Sacked in May after losing out on the title to Liverpool at Anfield and only reaching the Campions League Quarter Final.

GottaWearShades
22-6-11, 12:36
Partly depends on transfer window - Chelsea have work to do with so many aging players and also either cutting their losses on a 50m buy or changing their style of play to suit him.

CharlieManson
22-6-11, 12:39
They wont better us, Will his style of play be found out over here, Who knows?

Very exciting season awaits.

-Nelly-
22-6-11, 12:39
I think he may be given more of a shot, due to his youth and reputation. Maybe 2/3 years i'll give him, and i think he'll do pretty decent as well.
But he won't win the Champions League, and eventually there'll be another manager at some random club that everyone is raving about, and Roman won't be able to help himself in going after him.

Starblind
22-6-11, 12:40
I predict his will be the most mispronounced, mis-spelt name in PL managerial history.

grenny158
22-6-11, 12:40
I genuinely believe that, unless Chelsea sign a number of players and release a few of their aging squad, they could well drop out the top 4 this season. Villas Boas certainly seems to know what he is doing, but it must be borne in mind he will be working with many prima donna's in a different league to what he is used to (not referring to the Prem vs Portuguese league, rather the prima donna's themselves are in a league of their own).

Be interesting to see how Chelsea splash the cash in this window and how quickly Boas adapts to tactical requirements of the Premiership.

Japlin
22-6-11, 12:43
Title challenge.

CharlieManson
22-6-11, 12:45
All depends if the premadonnas buy into his idea of football, Bit like the way nobody at Liverpool bought what Hodgson was touting... I expect a few names to be dropped at Chelsea and Falcao, Hulk maybe brought over? Who knows.

GottaWearShades
22-6-11, 12:47
All depends if the premadonnas buy into his idea of football, Bit like the way nobody at Liverpool bought what Hodgson was touting... I expect a few names to be dropped at Chelsea and Falcao, Hulk maybe brought over? Who knows.

You really think the problem with Hodgson was that people did not buy into his 'style' of play? That's a joke right?

Hodgson's NEVER WON ANYTHING OF NOTE - other than a league probably slightly above championship standard longer ago than Kenny won the Prem.

CharlieManson
22-6-11, 12:50
You really think the problem with Hodgson was that people did not buy into his 'style' of play? That's a joke right?

Is it **** - His style of play was dire, the fans never bought into it and the players didnt either.... They played it because they had no choice.

Please elaborate on your point. If Hodgsons style of play was mesmorising football, He'd still be here right now pal with a PL title on his CV. Two solid banks of four, Purely defensive play... The system that had stood him well for 35 years from Malmo to Xamas to the Swiss national team... THE PEOPLE OF ANFIELD DIDNT BUY IT.

I fail to see what you are suggesting?

Terrytibbs
22-6-11, 12:52
No matter who the manager is they're always going to spend daft amounts on their squad. So the manager has it easy in picking the best players, so he's never doing to do dreadfully. But it's a thin line with Chelsea, I think he'll be gone next year. We'll end up winning the league and they'll lose in the Finals of the CL to Barca. He'll get sacked for a laugh and Roman will sell up using the money to buy Barca :p.

Hobbes.
22-6-11, 12:55
He will get distracted by his new ability to legally drink and drive, and Chelsea will come 13th.

GottaWearShades
22-6-11, 12:57
Is it **** - His style of play was dire, the fans never bought into it and the players didnt either.... They played it because they had no choice.

Please elaborate on your point. If Hodgsons style of play was mesmorising football, He'd still be here right now pal with a PL title on his CV.

I read your post as saying the problem was that people didn't buy into his ideas. But his ideas as you say were ****. That is the problem, not the players.

Whereas the players may not buy into AVB's ideas because they are John Terry and Ashley Cole - which is a problem with the players. So I don't think you can draw a parallel like that, though it doesn't seem like we actually disagree on the fact that RH was gash.

CharlieManson
22-6-11, 13:01
I read your post as saying the problem was that people didn't buy into his ideas. But his ideas as you say were ****. That is the problem, not the players.

Whereas the players may not buy into AVB's ideas because they are John Terry and Ashley Cole - which is a problem with the players. So I don't think you can draw a parallel like that, though it doesn't seem like we actually disagree on the fact that RH was gash.

Yes but nobody on the pitch or off it asociated with Anfield liked his system, It failed to win, It nearly had us relegated.. You can have the best players in the world if they are ordered to run around like headless chickens they arent going to win.

So I go back to your initial question, The problem with Hodgson was nobody bought or accepted his style of play ? Thats a joke.. Right?

Your damn right they didnt pal, He was a load of *****.

Alon1
22-6-11, 13:04
if he gets things right, and he is backed in the transfer window, and there is not reason to think he will not be, as otherwise you wouldn't pay 13 million to release him, then there is a big chance they will win the league

CharlieManson
22-6-11, 13:07
if he gets things right, and he is backed in the transfer window, and there is not reason to think he will not be, as otherwise you wouldn't pay 13 million to release him, then there is a big chance they will win the league

The leagues ours.

HuytonHuyton
22-6-11, 13:08
He'll do ok. But what manager wouldn't do ok with the money and players available.

Be interesting to see if players like Lampard, Terry, Drogba, Malouda will take orders from someone who is still within age range of their WAG wives.

L1verFC
22-6-11, 13:10
I can see why chelsea has appealed to him apart from the money , he is getting a good squad of players all though many are ageing and he gets the chance to move to a bigger club even though Chelsea are a small club their success the past few years makes they a bigger club than Porto.

Personally if I was in his position I would be looking at the history of mourinho,scolari,ancelotti all great managers who have not lasted more than 3-4 years in the job.I'd personally prefer to go to a club which I knew would give me time to build the club and the squad , something that will never happen at Chelsea

OneEight92
22-6-11, 13:10
I genuinely believe he will be massive for Chelsea. I'm actually quite scared, they've pulled off a huge coup with this :(

18ANDCOUNTING
22-6-11, 13:11
All depends on Abramovich to be fair . If he recognises that he has a young up an coming manager that could build a possible dynasty with Chelsea or will he just treat him like the rest and give him 2 years to win the Champions league .

If it is the former then they will be the team to beat in the forseeable future .

Japlin
22-6-11, 13:13
I genuinely believe he will be massive for Chelsea. I'm actually quite scared, they've pulled off a huge coup with this :(

Hardly a coup! £13m release clause + £5m to sack Ancelotti!

HuytonHuyton

Hardly a coup when they pay £15 million to break his contract.

Chelsea needs a lot more than a good manager, they need an squad overhall.

L1verFC

We have Kenny who has been there and done it , great owners and a plan of building for the future.

They have a manager with potential , a football wise brainless criminal of a owner who has no idea how to plan for the future they just go season by season.

I know what I'm happier with, and I know who will be more successful in a few seasons time

Cwmbran Red
22-6-11, 13:28
I don't think that Villa Boas will lead Chelsea to the title this season, but do not be surprised if they win the FA Cup and get to the Champions League semis.

There will be teething problems to begin with, with his age being the most difficult barrier as he tries to establish a strong level of influence over similarly aged players such as Terry, Drogba, and Lampard. Then there's the Torres/Drogba conundrum. We won't really notice his effect until after January.

He will get another season to prove himself after finishing behind the scum in 2011/12, but will be sacked in November 2012 the following season after a woeful start leaving them miles behind a Liverpool side that has come of age.

Scrams
22-6-11, 13:32
Terry's gonna smash his Mrs :eek: :FP:

graham-47
22-6-11, 13:35
I predict he will have a clear out of the older player Terry, Drogba,Lampard
70% to 80% of the older players

bondred
22-6-11, 13:42
All depends on what Roman says he has to achieve.

Eddes
22-6-11, 13:47
Could we have this as a separate thread mods ? ,so we could return to it in time and see who was right?

So what's your predictions for Villa Boas ? Long term success ? Gone within two years ? Etc.

My feeling is he will find it tough especially opening day away to Stoke , but I'm caught between him starting well then struggling in a few months time alot like scolari or him not winning anything this season but ultimately having success the next 2-3 seasons.

No doubt he is a great manager and is obviously a winner , but I'm hoping he is gone within a season or two not because I want to see him fail but because I want roman to again be made to look a joke and lose another 14 million, while kenny builds a team of invincibility :D :scarf

A 'great' manager ???

I'm sorry but no. He has done nothing to be given the title of a 'great' manager, he is simply at this stage somebody who has done very well in his very short career.

Paisley/Shankley/Dalglish/Ferguson/Mourinho etc are great managers.

Anyway, my prediction is that he will be gone inside 2 years, i'm sure i remember a little while ago he stated he wasn't in the game for the long term
and with the Chavs believing they have a God given right to win every trophy they enter i really cant see him lasting.

I would guess he has been given quite a big budget for this summer as i cant see why anyone would go there without promises of backing for a major over haul, it will be interesting to watch over the next 12 months thats for sure.

Fowi
22-6-11, 13:52
We won't know until the transfer window shuts.

L1verFC
22-6-11, 13:56
A 'great' manager ???

I'm sorry but no. He has done nothing to be given the title of a 'great' manager, he is simply at this stage somebody who has done very well in his very short career.

Paisley/Shankley/Dalglish/Ferguson/Mourinho etc are great managers.

Anyway, my prediction is that he will be gone inside 2 years, i'm sure i remember a little while ago he stated he wasn't in the game for the long term
and with the Chavs believing they have a God given right to win every trophy they enter i really cant see him lasting.

I would guess he has been given quite a big budget for this summer as i cant see why anyone would go there without promises of backing for a major over haul, it will be interesting to watch over the next 12 months thats for sure.

To be honest I agree he isn't a great manager that's a bit of strong word i should of put a good manager as far as we know.

But as I have just replied to somebody who else who said I'm worried because boas is so good my answer was.

We have kenny who has done it all before , good owners and a plan to build for future success.chelsea have a manager with potential , a brainless criminal owner with no idea of building for the future.

I know which I would prefer and I know who will be more successful in the future

Eddes
22-6-11, 14:02
To be honest I agree he isn't a great manager that's a bit of strong word i should of put a good manager as far as we know.

But as I have just replied to somebody who else who said I'm worried because boas is so good my answer was.

We have kenny who has done it all before , good owners and a plan to build for future success.chelsea have a manager with potential , a brainless criminal owner with no idea of building for the future.

I know which I would prefer and I know who will be more successful in the future

Absolutely.

SixYardBoxer
22-6-11, 14:53
FA and Carling Cup double, CL quarter finals, finish fourth in League. Sacked in June. Poor sod.

Batsman
22-6-11, 14:55
Winning the treble in your first season at a club is immense, at any level.

Not only that but he won the league by not losing a game, again, only a handful of managers in history have achieved that.

His story is incredible as well, getting noticed by Bobby Robson after compiling a scouting report regarding a player Robson wasn't using. From then he's gone from strength to strength.

Yorkshirered
22-6-11, 15:10
Sacked in May after losing out on the title to Liverpool at Anfield and only reaching the Campions League Quarter Final.

this

koptonite
22-6-11, 15:36
I predict he will have a clear out of the older player Terry, Drogba,Lampard
70% to 80% of the older players

Villas-Boas is the same age as Lampard and Drogba

BoDiddley
22-6-11, 15:38
Villas-Boas is the same age as Lampard and Drogba

I'm very much hoping they've hired a boy to do a man's job

Taking their place in the top four would be sweet

Sneets
22-6-11, 15:43
Two years is the max. It is the Chelsea way.

Japlin
22-6-11, 15:46

Is this some sort of tournament for homosexuals? No wonder Chelsea won't win, have you ever seen a camp/gay chav?

Thespian
22-6-11, 15:53
It's a toughie!!!

He could be gash or he could become a legend.

Currently there is nothing to suggest he will do any better than Ancelotti.

Snippes
22-6-11, 16:43
Will be amazed if he makes it past 2 year two - the proverbial manager marker post for Roman Ambramovich patience. The difference I see in AVB is - if he is not as good as Jose was at self promotion, I don't know what this experience will do for his professional career after Chelsea. Jose was fired but he is so good at marketing himself that he was always going to get top jobs no matter what.

For such a young manager - this could make AVB or possibly derail a very promosing career.

Fowi
22-6-11, 16:44
He would have been perfect for Arsenal so lets be happy he didn't go there.

Gazza74
22-6-11, 16:46
He'll probably be sacked if he doesn't win the CL, no matter what else he does or wins.

Whether that's 2 years or 3, it'll happen, as it's clear you have to win that or you're out on your ear.

Snippes
22-6-11, 16:48
All depends on what Roman says he has to achieve.

Champions League on a platter.

Is there anything else for Roman?

Suarolls Boots
22-6-11, 16:49
I actually like the guy from what little i have seen of him.

As for the chelsea script, it doesnt matter what he wins, he will be judged on his CL performance alone and i cant see them winning it next year with their current squad hence he´ll get the boot at the end of the season.

Snippes
22-6-11, 16:49

Funny....thought the exact same thing. Even United post Fergie.

At least at Chelsea, Roman will ruin everything with his meddling so probably best case scenario for us if he has to come to England.

Fowi
22-6-11, 16:50
This is why he isn't Mourinho (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qdtg9rNUyqk&feature=player_embedded)
And this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agnX9NOPiy4) :D

L1verFC
22-6-11, 16:53
This is why he isn't Mourinho (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qdtg9rNUyqk&feature=player_embedded)
And this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agnX9NOPiy4) :D

The fans getting together haha he obviously doesn't know how they lack passion , he will be impressed with their plastic flags :D

The second video is pretty honest , he seems a down to earth guy

Gazza74
22-6-11, 16:55

Wouldn't have bothered me at all.

Snippes
22-6-11, 16:56
The fans getting together haha he obviously doesn't know how they lack passion , he will be impressed with their plastic flags :D

The second video is pretty honest , he seems a down to earth guy

I know we don't care but do we know how this is being perceived by plastic nation? Am surprised someone hasn't posted a link to that tragic message board :rolleyes:

Gazza74
22-6-11, 16:57
I know we don't care but do we know how this is being perceived by plastic nation? Am surprised someone hasn't posted a link to that tragic message board :rolleyes:

They had some on SSN the other day and they didn't even know who he was.

They seem to have missed that he spent 3 years at their own club when Mourinho was there...:D

Snippes
22-6-11, 16:59
They had some on SSN the other day and they didn't even know who he was.

They seem to have missed that he spent 3 years at their own club when Mourinho was there...:D

:D

Yup...sounds about right. Dear Lord...

TheWalkingRed
22-6-11, 17:02
If Abramovich gives him time and doesn't meddle then this will be a very expensive but very shrewd purchase.That's a massive if though.He just can't help himself.

L1verFC
22-6-11, 17:03

I have not looked to be honest might have a quick view now and let you know.

Iv heard a few of them on sky sports making it sound like they are massive dedicated fans even the guy who said he has done well with benfica :FP: haha

hsf
22-6-11, 17:08
http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,26691,16426_6999893,00.html

Souness on Villas Boas, personally, I think he's got this pretty much right and I don't usually agree with Souness.

L1verFC
22-6-11, 17:08

Just had a look at the forum , they are spelling in words how to pronounce his name , somebody asked has actually been at chelsea before , and another said I expect him to shake up the team and show Torres the door :FP: :scarf

They certainly know their stuff that's for sure haha

L1verFC
22-6-11, 17:10
http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,26691,16426_6999893,00.html

Souness on Villas Boas, personally, I think he's got this pretty much right and I don't usually agree with Souness.

I'm souness has doubts then we are in trouble because it means boas will be immense haha

Fowi
22-6-11, 18:56
Don't agree with Souness.

redgreg75
22-6-11, 21:13
Get smashed by Stoke first game of the season. "Fans" start calling for his head almost immeadiatly. Drops John Terry as captain and makes David Luiz skipper, causing no end of ill feeling with the bell*** who thinks he runs chelski & england. The club starts imploding and there is loads of talk of 'player power' being out of control. Torres goes on loan to Athletico in January while roman still pays all his wages. QF of Champions league, get totally embarassed by Barca/Real. Finish 4th/5th in the Prem. AVB's best mate gets sacked by the russian gangster halfway through the season. Come the season end AVB gets paid £12m to go and the search for Mourinio mark 3 begins. What a club.:D

FreddieGangStarr
22-6-11, 21:15
He'll win the treble next season then Roman will sack for something stupid like not smiling enough.

jim101
22-6-11, 21:28
Sacked by January.
This

steelydan
22-6-11, 21:34
My prediction is he will get some decent flair players in, the back four is solid and if he can get the best out of Fernando Torres.

Chelsea could clean up - I believe Boas could be that good.

DaddyGav
23-6-11, 07:47
The new Chelsea boss has vowed to make Fernando Torres twice the player he was last season.

I can't wait to see his two goals.

MFJTS
23-6-11, 14:31

I would give my months' wages for this scenario! :scarf

Midophile
23-6-11, 14:37
Pain!!

Shajan
23-6-11, 14:53
I believe that he will bring stability to Chelsea. Not in terms of success or reputation but by mentality.

In his first interview he said that the results and things he wins under his time is not the most important, what is most important is that the club can continue their success after he has left them.

I have always liked the man and even though he manages Chelsea I will still consider him to be one of my top 5 coaches in the game today.

All in all, he's bad news for us.

Eloader
23-6-11, 16:02
I can't see him lasting a year. So i'll go for, sacked and replaced on the 22 June 2012.

Gazza74
23-6-11, 16:09

Only if we let it worry us to the point it affects our own results.

Kenny won't be arsed so it'll be fine.

Hatake
23-6-11, 16:30
Think it will depend on his transfers. If he get's rid of the complacency and brings in some decent players I can see Chelsea challenging for #1 most the season. United don't look like signing any superstars, fingers crossed the Sneijder deal doesn't happen.

Will AVB build the team around Torres? I don't think he'll succumb to the pressure of having to play Torres if he isn't performing next season, which I hope is the case. A back in form Torres would be bad news.

Shajan
23-6-11, 18:24
Only if we let it worry us to the point it affects our own results.

Kenny won't be arsed so it'll be fine.

What I meant was that he'll set up his Chelsea side so it will be more difficult for us to get 3 points then against Ancelotti. But I have no doubt Kenny will teach him a tactical lesson. :scarf

Sneets
23-6-11, 20:29
I think the bloke has a massive task on his hands, that squad is starting to show some wear and tear and it needs rebuilding. If they build the team around Torres it will not work, we have been there and done that and suffered for it.

FlabbyAlonso
23-6-11, 21:46
I predict his will be the most mispronounced, mis-spelt name in PL managerial history.

He will be billed as "Aston Villa Go-ass" in the Daily Mail after he is sacked in January and Randy Lerner is looking for a replacement to keep his team in the Premier League.

lfc-jacko9366
23-6-11, 21:55
imo he's either very brave or very stupid taking this job so early in his career, but i actually think he'll be given a huge transfer fund, and he'll succeed in challenging for the title. the cl however like everyone else other than barca and real madrid, they will struggle in.

Graggster
23-6-11, 22:10
I dont think he will have the season Chelsea are hoping for and they could be in for a turmoil season... Yet if they show faith in him he will probably turn it round further down the line.. Yet Chelsea and faith dont go hand in hand.

que-sera-sera
23-6-11, 22:26
2 seasons

lfc-jacko9366
23-6-11, 22:28
2 seasons

do you mean winter and spring?

Bewdleyfan
23-6-11, 22:47
Difficult one. Villas Boas is quite clearly the most promising coach in world football and will undoubtedly go on to win numerous trophies and accolades in the future.

However, i'm unsure as to whether this managerial switch from Porto to Chelsea has come at the right time. Personally, I think he should have stayed with the Portuguese champions for another season, which would have given him experience of managing in the Champions League football, as well as arguably another league championship. Also, considering the quick turnover of managers at Chelsea, it's not as if Villas Boas wouldn't have gotten the opportunity to manage the Chavs at the some point in the near future. Even if Hiddink was appointed, it could be suggested that Abrahmovic would have gotten rid of the Dutchman after not reaching or winning the final of the Champions league.

If Roman has turned over a new leaf (which is very very doubtful), then my opinion is that Villas Boas could go on to win many Premier League titles with the London club, possibly even the Champions League. For this to happen, he needs time to rebuild an ageing and egotistical squad. Over the next year, I fully expect the likes of Lampard, Drogba, Anelka, Malouda, Alex and the other 30+ players to be gradually eased out of the club, with younger and fresh players being brought in such as Modric, De Bruyne and a couple of his ex-Porto players such as Moutinho, Hulk or Falcao. In my opinion Hulk would be the first player Villas Boas should bring in. Physical, quick and a great finisher, the Brazilian is made for the Premier League.

In terms of my predictions for this season, it is extremely difficult to call. Despite having the extremely talented Torres, Luiz, Cole, Essien, Ramires and others, I can't see Chelsea winning the league this season. They face a very difficult away trip on the first day of the season at Stoke, and it will be interesting to see how they contend with the physical and aggressive approach the opposition will impose upon them.

RedRob67
23-6-11, 22:58
I believe that he will bring stability to Chelsea. Not in terms of success or reputation but by mentality.

In his first interview he said that the results and things he wins under his time is not the most important, what is most important is that the club can continue their success after he has left them.

I have always liked the man and even though he manages Chelsea I will still consider him to be one of my top 5 coaches in the game today.

good post . one that shows the man understands what he expects of himself.
It seems all good managers realise that it is not just the now that counts but a solid foundation that lasts the yrs toil, that brings succsses to a club

ruski dont seem to get that just yet.

Rubber65Soul
4-7-11, 19:08
AVB Lookalikes (http://twitpic.com/5l71ln)

PrinceOfSwing
4-7-11, 19:14
He'll be a success at Chelsea, but won't remain any longer than Jose did. I can see him working out a system round Torres well too, which will be half the battle for him. If he can get the respect of that old squad, then he's sorted.

4thKit
12-8-11, 21:19
This link seems apt for this thread.

http://www.hasandrevillasboasbeensackedyet.com/

LivingProof
12-8-11, 21:22
Struggle in the league but go far in the champions league.

Kloppette
12-8-11, 21:22
I predict AVB will do whatever Gus tells him to do which will lead to reasonable success and a 4th place spot over a few years he will learn how to be a good manager and will also get help from other managers who will email him their team selection on a fri night.

old-school
12-8-11, 21:25
sacked by jan

Superkopite-00
12-8-11, 21:26
I remember reading that he has only ever been in charge of 34 top flight league games.....

Not really the experience needed for The Premiership or the fish bowl of Chelski

MaradonaTheGreatest
12-8-11, 21:54
Don't care!

L1verFC
5-2-12, 20:53

No doubt he is a good manager with big potential , but I'm hoping he is gone within a season or two not because I want to see him fail but because I want roman to again be made to look a joke and lose another 14 million, while kenny builds a team of invincibility :D :scarf

What's your feeling now ?

shody1976
5-2-12, 20:59
What's your feeling now ?

He's a young manager who needs time to build a team in his own image. We have to remember that many of these players aren't his and are drilled into playing a certain way, in a certain system that simply doesn't suit them.

It will take time, but if he's given that time, he could go on and become very successful at Chelsea.

L1verFC
5-2-12, 21:03
He's a young manager who needs time to build a team in his own image. We have to remember that many of these players aren't his and are drilled into playing a certain way, in a certain system that simply doesn't suit them.

It will take time, but if he's given that time, he could go on and become very successful at Chelsea.

I just mentioned in another thread how hard it must be for someone so young trying to impact on those older players who have been there from the start.

The thing is with abramovich building for the future is not something he likes

shody1976
5-2-12, 21:10
I just mentioned in another thread how hard it must be for someone so young trying to impact on those older players who have been there from the start.

The thing is with abramovich building for the future is not something he likes

Abramovich's impatience is one of the biggest problems Chelsea have. Facts are, Chelsea's team is an ageing one and there doesn't appear to be that many players coming through the youth ranks at Stamford Bridge. To wasn't about tactical ineptitude, it was about the idiocy of one Chelsea player (Sturridge), the diving of Welbeck and the poor positional play of the Chelsea defenders for the 3rd goal.

L1verFC
4-3-12, 15:23
Well that was a short chapter in yet another Chelsea managers carreer.