PDA

View Full Version : Souleymane Coulibaly

Spearmint16
29-6-11, 00:18
Just 16 years old. Anyone else seen him play for the Ivory Coast?

Looks a class prospect.

More info on him here. (http://www.talksport.co.uk/magazine/virals/2011-06-27/next-drogba-watch-souleymane-coulibaly-smash-home-eight-goals)

JustMerc
29-6-11, 00:22
Like the 3rd thread on this i've seen..

Oakryrch
29-6-11, 00:29
Yeah. Looked good from what I saw. Full of running and used the ball well too.

I hate it when a good young player gets dubbed: "The next Maradona/Pele/Drogba".

There won't be another player like that because they are all individually unique. What's funny is the comparison between him and Drogba. Their styles are different. If anything, and like what the comment says in the article, he is more like Eto'o.

Paulite
29-6-11, 00:47
Their styles are different. If anything, and like what the comment says in the article, he is more like Eto'o.

You don't have to compare him to another black player, you racist.

Just kidding, I also like that I'm writing in white in order to clear up a racism related joke.

Oakryrch
29-6-11, 00:57

Just kidding, I also like that I'm writing in white in order to clear up a racism related joke.

Reported for making a racial accusation.

I haven't really. Though I could. But I won't.

Jean-Ralphio
29-6-11, 01:04

Kloppette
29-6-11, 01:13

Walcott isn't strong !!

RedKite
29-6-11, 09:30

Agree. But maybe we have an English equivalent in NGoo. He needs to be given opportunity to show what he can do.

Spearmint16
29-6-11, 09:34
Agree. But maybe we have an English equivalent in NGoo. He needs to be given opportunity to show what he can do.

How is he doing? Did he do well for the youth teams last season?

RedKite
29-6-11, 09:41
How is he doing? Did he do well for the youth teams last season?

"An imposing presence in the attacking third" Scored a hat trick somewhere along the way, also a goal of his described as 'Maradona-esque' (I didn't see it, maybe it was the hand of....). He does move the ball about well and he is a goal threat.

Ad_Rock
4-7-11, 23:37
Well this is disturbing.

Captain Mauser
4-7-11, 23:40
Well this is disturbing.

I think you'll find this is what's known as 'faux racism'... It's all the rage amongst edgy comedians. I'm actually a fan as it sorts the idiots from the clowns.

LHunter
4-7-11, 23:42

I hate it when a good young player gets dubbed: "The next Maradona/Pele/Drogba".

There won't be another player like that because they are all individually unique. What's funny is the comparison between him and Drogba. Their styles are different. If anything, and like what the comment says in the article, he is more like Eto'o.

i know because a great player makes a name for them self like messi they have their own style of play...

Captain Mauser
4-7-11, 23:44
Oh no, mate, not what you said. What HermioneGranger said about black players often being clueless and strong seemingly by virtue of the fact that they're black.

I think he was lampooning the stereotype mate.

Ad_Rock
4-7-11, 23:45
I think he was lampooning the stereotype mate.

Are you sure? :p It didn't seem like lampooning.. I must have read it wrong, my apologies. :p

PHIL.
4-7-11, 23:49

RedBaros
5-7-11, 00:25
The next Stanley Collymorley?

Jean-Ralphio
5-7-11, 01:40
Have you ever played football by any chance? Kind of hard to do it without relying on your athleticism. And if you say that athleticism is all that black players have ("in general") then you're over-estimating the difference between races.

You're comprehension isn't so good. Nowhere in my post does it say all black players rely on athleticism, it's a trend which seems to apply to black players.

Most are fast/strong/athletic...

I didn't imply an 'opposed to' element either. Some white players are incredibly athletic.
Why do people on these forums just want to start arguments? Like the Black Eyed Peas were saying in Werchter, 'Where is the love?'...

Ad_Rock
5-7-11, 01:45
You're comprehension isn't so good. Nowhere in my post does it say all black players rely on athleticism, it's a trend which seems to apply to black players.

Most are fast/strong/athletic...

I didn't imply an 'opposed to' element either. Some white players are incredibly athletic.
Why do people on these forums just want to start arguments? Like the Black Eyed Peas were saying in Werchter, 'Where is the love?'...

I accept that, my point is most footballers are strong and fast and athletic. Likewise, most footballer players (black or otherwise) have a tremendous level of skill with ball-control, ball-retention, passing and shooting. That's how they got to be professional athletes.

To say black players, in general, rely on the physical aspect of the game is patently false as is evidenced by many black players who don't. To say they rely on their strength and size implies that should that be removed, they wouldn't be able to hold their own. I'm not trying to start an argument, I think what you're saying is untrue.

Jean-Ralphio
5-7-11, 01:53
I accept that, my point is most footballers are strong and fast and athletic. Likewise, most footballer players (black or otherwise) have a tremendous level of skill with ball-control, ball-retention, passing and shooting. That's how they got to be professional athletes.

To say black players, in general, rely on the physical aspect of the game is patently false as is evidenced by many black players who don't. To say they rely on their strength and size implies that should that be removed, they wouldn't be able to hold their own. I'm not trying to start an argument, I think what you're saying is untrue.

Fair enough, I agree but that's why I think what I have said has been taken out of proportion as these generalities are only noticeable at the highest level. Could be self-fulfilling, i.e. coaches nurture the physicality of the black players more and don't hone other parts of their game. Seems to be more important in youth, if a player is strong and fast they stand out at that level more so even if they're technically not so good.

Come to think of it, most strong and quick players, regardless of race tend to conform to the same stereotype. You've given me a lot to think about here...

Ad_Rock
5-7-11, 01:55
Fair enough, I agree but that's why I think what I have said has been taken out of proportion as these generalities are only noticeable at the highest level. Could be self-fulfilling, i.e. coaches nurture the physicality of the black players more and don't hone other parts of their game. Seems to be more important in youth, if a player is strong and fast they stand out at that level more so even if they're technically not so good.

Come to think of it, most strong and quick players, regardless of race tend to conform to the same stereotype. You've given me a lot to think about here...

Three cheers for healthy debate :scarf

BayernBru
5-7-11, 02:01
I read the title as Stan Collymore. :FP:

Jean-Ralphio
5-7-11, 02:03
I read the title as Stan Collymore. :FP:

Thinking it was Con-Con?

fejlip13
12-7-11, 05:39
Man Utd join Spurs, Liverpool in Souleymane Coulibaly battle
12.07.11 | tribalfootball.com
READ MORE NEWS ON: Chelsea, Real Madrid, Siena, Didier Drogba, Liverpool, Manchester United, Tottenham, World Cup
Click Here!
0digg

Manchester United have joined the transfer scramble for Siena sensation Souleymane Coulibaly.

The Ivory Coast teen finished the U17 World Cup with the Golden Boot and is being likened to Chelsea icon Didier Drogba.

Tottenham, Liverpool and Real Madrid are all in contact with Siena about a price for Coulibaly.

And The Times says United have now joined the battle for the youngster, who is rated at around 2 million.

SCHNAPP
12-7-11, 22:34
Forget Niang - this is the guy who we should get to be the fourth choice striker and be an impact player off the bench.

He's the new Eto'o!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqOiPaHTthc

Spearmint16
12-7-11, 22:35
http://forums.liverpoolfc.tv/showthread.php?t=259073

shody1976
12-7-11, 22:35
Forget Niang - this is the guy who we should get to be the fourth choice striker and be an impact player off the bench.

He's the new Eto'o!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqOiPaHTthc

Con-Con would have a field day with that name:

Soolayman Cubilatibhgn

SCHNAPP
12-7-11, 22:37
http://forums.liverpoolfc.tv/showthread.php?t=259073

Your point being?

I'm not searching for threads which are two weeks old.

Spearmint16
12-7-11, 22:38
Your point being?

I'm not searching for threads which are two weeks old.

You didn't search full stop though :confused:

SCHNAPP
12-7-11, 22:39
You didn't search full stop though :confused:

I looked through the first three pages and it wasn't there.

Spearmint16
12-7-11, 22:40
I looked through the first three pages and it wasn't there.

Right, fair enough

Lad looks an exciting prospect must be said.

prredhouse
12-7-11, 22:41
is Souleymane Coulibaly related to bixente lizarazu? :D

SCHNAPP
12-7-11, 22:41
People have been saying the new Drogba, but he is more like Eto'o.

Cymru.
5-12-12, 18:50
How's he been doing at Spurs?

Jazzy-J
5-12-12, 19:03
Looked sharp against us in the NextGen. Fans have high hopes for him.