PDA

View Full Version : *** 2011/12 La Liga Thread ***

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Starblind
6-7-11, 12:28
With the fixtures announced this morning I thought I'd start this thread early, so people can use it to discuss the Spanish league this season :)

Opening weekend - 21 August 2011:

Real Betis v Sevilla
Real Madrid v Athletic Bilbao
Sociedad v Atletico Madrid
Espanyol v Granada
Malaga v Barcelona
Racing Santander v Getafe
Villareal v Sporting Gijon
Osasuna v Valencia
Levante v Real Zaragoza
Rayo v Mallorca

So, will Barca dominate again this season or could Mourinho's Madrid overtake them? Who are the other teams to watch out for? Malaga? Villareal?

Thoughts.....?

And for reference, the two El Clasico games are set for:
11 December @ the Bernabeu (date could change due to Club World Cup)
22 April @ Camp Nou

The full fixture list can be viewed here:
http://www.rfef.es/calendario_primera.html

Spearmint16
6-7-11, 12:30
Malaga Barca will be a cracker, Malaga made some class signings :scarf

Starblind
Spanish SuperCup

Real Madrid vs Barcelona - 14 August
Barcelona vs Real Madrid - 17 August

Yehez
I have a feeling Barca won't be as perfect this season. Don't ask me why, just a stupid hunch.

slimman
6-7-11, 12:31
:clap:

Starblind
6-7-11, 12:32
Malaga Barca will be a cracker, Malaga made some class signings :scarf

An interesting game to start the season off, that's for sure :)

-CADS-
6-7-11, 12:33
I have a feeling Barca won't be as perfect this season. Don't ask me why, just a stupid hunch.

It'll be hard to emulate last season for sure but they all thev players they did last year and perhaps some more fleshing out the squad. Madrid will obviously give them a run for there money though.

Starblind
6-7-11, 12:38
Just seen this on Twitter:

laliga_newsLa Liga News
There won't be penalty shootout in the promotion playoff. In case of draw, the team which ended on top in regular season will be promoted.

Interesting idea - it rewards the team that performed better in the regular season at the expense of a bit of drama (penalties). You could also argue that, with this system, why even have a playoff? I think I like it; it keeps a bit of spice with the actual play-off match being retained, but it does mean that the team that finished higher actually has an advantage.

BabelCopter
6-7-11, 12:50
Just seen this on Twitter:

Interesting idea - it rewards the team that performed better in the regular season at the expense of a bit of drama (penalties). You could also argue that, with this system, why even have a playoff? I think I like it; it keeps a bit of spice with the actual play-off match being retained, but it does mean that the team that finished higher actually has an advantage.

That's interesting!!

But it will surely create a fairly cagey game, with the team that finished higher sitting back and putting 11 men behind the ball the whole game? :PN:

Starblind
6-7-11, 12:56
That's interesting!!

But it will surely create a fairly cagey game, with the team that finished higher sitting back and putting 11 men behind the ball the whole game? :PN:

It could, but I think it just depends on the teams involved. I've seen many a cup final that could be described as "cagey" with neither team wanting to go forward much.

Starblind
6-7-11, 13:10
OP updated with full fixture list.

Starblind
9-8-11, 22:45
FC Barcelona 0-3 Espanyol. Espanyol win the Copa Catalunya

PeachOfAGoal
9-8-11, 23:05
FC Barcelona 0-3 Espanyol. Espanyol win the Copa Catalunya

Ah that's a shame - only just noticed it was on and it's over! Did you watch? Just wondering what the Barca line-up was like and whether they took it seriously...

LovelyCushionedHeader
9-8-11, 23:09
Wonder which team Llorente will be playing for on the opening day.

LucasAintDancin
9-8-11, 23:09
Hard enough opening fixture for Barca who play away @ a newly rejuvinated Malaga.

lauriantero
9-8-11, 23:17
I'm really exited about seeing Granada play in the Primera. I lived there for 2 years between 2007-09, and went to their games quite often. They played in the Segunda B (3rd level) back then, but they were promoted to the Segunda in 2010 and a year later to the Primera. I don't know if they have much chance of staying up, but it will be a great experience nevertheless.

It'll be hard to emulate last season for sure but they all thev players they did last year and perhaps some more fleshing out the squad. Madrid will obviously give them a run for there money though.

It will be really interesting. Like you said, it's hard for Barca to emulate last season, but they are still the best team in the world. But Madrid aren't that far behind, and Mourinho will be all fired up. I'm expecting a very entertaining battle between them.

Other than that, Malaga is obviously the team to watch this season. They are spending money and building a very good squad. We'll see how it goes, but I predict they'll win a Europa league place this season, and aim even higher the next. The 3rd and 4th place behind Barca and Real are up for grabs.

Starblind
17-8-11, 13:39
@laliga_newsLa Liga News

La Liga's lockout confirmed for this weekend. No matches will be played.
There are two possibilities for week 1 matches to be played: Christmas or May, just before the end of the season.

:mad:

Starblind
25-8-11, 14:17
Looks like the strike is over, and La Liga should officially start this weekend :scarf

Here are the fixtures:

Saturday, 27 August 2011
Sporting Gijon v Real Sociedad, 17:00
Valencia v Racing Santander, 19:00
Granada v Real Betis, 21:00

Sunday, 28 August 2011
Atletico Madrid v Osasuna, 11:00
Athletic Bilbao v Rayo Vallecano, 15:00
Getafe v Levante, 17:00
Mallorca v Espanyol, 17:00
Real Zaragoza v Real Madrid, 19:00
Sevilla v Malaga, 21:00

Monday, 29 August 2011
Barcelona v Villarreal, 20:00

-CADS-
25-8-11, 14:22
Looks like the strike is over, and La Liga should officially start this weekend :scarf

Here are the fixtures:

Saturday, 27 August 2011
Sporting Gijon v Real Sociedad, 17:00
Valencia v Racing Santander, 19:00
Granada v Real Betis, 21:00

Sunday, 28 August 2011
Atletico Madrid v Osasuna, 11:00
Athletic Bilbao v Rayo Vallecano, 15:00
Getafe v Levante, 17:00
Mallorca v Espanyol, 17:00
Real Zaragoza v Real Madrid, 19:00
Sevilla v Malaga, 21:00

Monday, 29 August 2011
Barcelona v Villarreal, 20:00

:scarf

Vamos Barfa!

-Bodie-
25-8-11, 21:58
Nice one. About time.

****, Barca are on Monday though. Cant wait, love La Liga, would have preferred Mark Bolton though used to love his back and forth with Geeeeeeeee em and Graham Hunter.

Starblind
28-8-11, 10:29
Saturday's results:

Granada 0-1 Real Betis
Sporting Gijon 1-2 Real Sociedad
Valencia 4-3 Racing Santander

An eventful day for Valencia's Roberto Soldado who scored a hat-trick to clinch the victory, having previously scored an own goal equaliser for Racing. Valencia were 3-2 down going into the 88th minute before Soldado struck twice to clinch the three points.

Today Real Madrid kick off their campaign away to Real Zaragoza.

-CADS-
28-8-11, 19:28
Zaragoza 0-1 Real Madrid

Ronaldo with the first of many this season.

-Bodie-
28-8-11, 19:30
Marcelinho Cariocaa!!!!!

Midophile
28-8-11, 19:33
Marcelinho Cariocaa!!!!!

Tidy finish though. Ronaldo's overhead attempt was kwality.

-Bodie-
28-8-11, 19:36
Di Maria backheel fail ha

Eddes
28-8-11, 19:37
Used to love La Liga but it is so boring now, really is just a case of which one of Barca/Real win it. Every week those 2 are on live and every week both win.

Its like a bigger version of Rangers and Celtic

Midophile
28-8-11, 19:38
Lovely from Ronaldo.

-CADS-
28-8-11, 19:39
Used to love La Liga but it is so boring now, really is just a case of which one of Barca/Real win it. Every week those 2 are on live and every week both win.

Its like a bigger version of Rangers and Celtic

We know they win 80% of the time. The fun is guessing which week they'll fail - and in what fashion.

-Bodie-
28-8-11, 19:41
Sim simma, who got the keys to ma benzema.

Benzema hat trick coming up. Smegs, chuck a tenner on a Benzema hattrick.

Eddes
28-8-11, 19:42
We know they win 80% of the time. The fun is guessing which week they'll fail - and in what fashion.

Both are getting stronger every year, its pretty much who wins the head to heads wins the league now.

-Bodie-
28-8-11, 19:42
Lol shot fail from Di Maria.

Midophile
28-8-11, 19:46
My god Benzema is **** now.

-Bodie-
28-8-11, 19:47
My god Benzema is **** now.

What?! Hat trick coming up from Benzema, Smegs, i can feel it, you better get on that if you want to make some money.

-Cal-
28-8-11, 19:51
utd -1 / rubin / real -2

on my bet at £40 if it comes in i win £500 :O COME ON REAL JUST ONE MORE

-Cal-
28-8-11, 20:25
get in xabi :D

Midophile
28-8-11, 20:26
What?! Hat trick coming up from Benzema, Smegs, i can feel it, you better get on that if you want to make some money.

No money left. :(

Paullfc1976
28-8-11, 20:50
6-0 to Real Madrid away at Real Zaragoza.

ToTaLxTc
28-8-11, 20:53
Might as well post the teams in here too.

Sevilla team:
Varas; Cáceres, Spahic, Escudé, Navarro; Navas, Medel, Trochowski, Perotti; De Moral, Negredo.

Malaga Team:
Willy, Gámez, Demichelis, Mathijsen, Eliseu; Joaquín, Apoño, Toulalan, Cazorla; Rondón, Van Nistelrooy.

Midophile
28-8-11, 20:54
Might as well post the teams in here too.

Sevilla team:
Varas; Cáceres, Spahic, Escudé, Navarro; Navas, Medel, Trochowski, Perotti; De Moral, Negredo.

Malaga Team:
Willy, Gámez, Demichelis, Mathijsen, Eliseu; Joaquín, Apoño, Toulalan, Cazorla; Rondón, Van Nistelrooy.

:D

Sorry but

That Malaga team is weird, its meant to be this big team full of stars i guess but they just seem like rejects. Strange.

ToTaLxTc
28-8-11, 20:57

Yes, Willy. They're also putting in a bid for Kaiserslautern's Florian ****

ToTaLxTc
28-8-11, 20:58

Sorry but

That Malaga team is weird, its meant to be this big team full of stars i guess but they just seem like rejects. Strange.

They haven't invested in stars, they've invested in players to strengthen areas of their team which needed strengthening.

Emilvang
28-8-11, 20:59
utd -1 / rubin / real -2

on my bet at £40 if it comes in i win £500 :O COME ON REAL JUST ONE MORE

Congratulations.

Midophile
28-8-11, 20:59
They haven't invested in stars, they've invested in players to strengthen areas of their team which needed strengthening.

Cazorla, Toulalan, Demichelis, Jouquin and V. Nistelrooy are pretty big names.

-Bodie-
28-8-11, 21:01
Benzema hat trick coming up. Smegs, chuck a tenner on a Benzema hattrick.

Call me Albert, what a genius i am. Called the hattrick, yes i did. *pats himself on the back*

I know it says Benzema in the post but i obviously meant Ronaldo obviously. See Smeg, you could have made some moneys if you listened to me,now you shall just cry, cry tears of regret of what could have been if you had listened to me.

Paullfc1976
28-8-11, 21:02
link (http://soccernet.espn.go.com/fixtures/_/league/esp.1/spanish-primera-division?cc=5739) for fixtures for the upcoming season.

The 1st League El Classico is December 11th in Madrid, with the reverse fixture April 22nd.

ToTaLxTc
28-8-11, 21:03
Cazorla, Toulalan, Demichelis, Jouquin and V. Nistelrooy are pretty big names.

They are big names, but, with the exception of Cazorla, none of them are "stars" currently. They're just players who will do a very good job for Malaga. Van Horse could turn out to be one of the buys of the summer though.

Surprised to see Buonanotte on the bench.

BayernBru
28-8-11, 21:03
Negredo second minute wow, bad start for Malaga.

ToTaLxTc
28-8-11, 21:04
Negredo puts Sevilla up after 2 mins. Cracking cross from Navas, and a header to match.

-Bodie-
They are big names, but, with the exception of Cazorla, none of them are "stars" currently. They're just players who will do a very good job for Malaga. Van Horse could turn out to be one of the buys of the summer though.

Surprised to see Buonanotte on the bench.

Why, who is he?

Midophile
Lets all laugh at Malaga.

-Bodie-
28-8-11, 21:05
Negredo puts Sevilla up after 2 mins. Cracking cross from Navas, and a header to match.

One of the best crossers in world football imo. Has a beauty of a cross on hiim.

BayernBru
Bet365 as sponsors behind the goal, Winston must be filthy rich!

-Bodie-
Lets all laugh at Malaga.

Malaga will win, 4-2. Van Nistelrooy hat trick coming up, i can feel it in my bones.

Midophile
28-8-11, 21:06
Bet365 as sponsors behind the goal, Winston must be filthy rich!

Most of it goes in his belly.

Midophile
28-8-11, 21:06
Malaga will win, 4-2. Van Nistelrroy hat trick coming up, i can feel it in my bones.

I agree. Although its a Rondon hat trick.

ToTaLxTc
28-8-11, 21:07
One of the best crossers in world football imo. Has a beauty of a cross on hiim.

I heart him. :)

BayernBru
28-8-11, 21:08
Most of it goes in his belly.

I wouldn't say a bad word against him, he fears me into betting during the game, they way he says 'now' is so threatening.

Horseface close there.

Paullfc1976
28-8-11, 21:08

Did you read my mind? :eek:

I was just about to say I love him :o

ToTaLxTc
28-8-11, 21:09

:IN:

Midophile
28-8-11, 21:09
Its the freakishly blue eyes.

-Bodie-
28-8-11, 21:10
I agree. Although its a Rondon hat trick.

Oh **** i just seen Demichelis on the team sheet, make that 5-4 to Malaga. Van Nistelrooy HT, Rondon and a strike from Wakeeeeeeen.

-Bodie-
28-8-11, 21:11

Its the freakishly blue eyes.

His eyes are just out of this world it has to be said.

L1verFC
28-8-11, 21:12
I'd happily take Negredo here he is a good goal scorer and looks strong and well built to take on the premier league.

BayernBru
28-8-11, 21:13
Sorry to break the bromance here.

Everyone says La Liga is a better league than the PL, technically yes, but when it comes to excitement the EPL is streets ahead.

ToTaLxTc
28-8-11, 21:14

Everyone says La Liga is a better league than the PL, technically yes, but when it comes to excitement the EPL is streets ahead.

Bundesliga rules all.

-Bodie-
28-8-11, 21:14

Of course. Now go away and stop taking this thread off topic. Were talking about important stuff 'ere. Back to Navas's eyes (http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l5f21wF9hm1qzl6vgo1_r1_500.png)lads....

ToTaLxTc
28-8-11, 21:16
What an effort by Negredo!

BayernBru
28-8-11, 21:17
I'd happily take Negredo here he is a good goal scorer and looks strong and well built to take on the premier league.

Yeah he looks a good player.

-Bodie-
28-8-11, 21:17
Medel looks like a vicious animal.

WAAT
28-8-11, 21:18
What an effort by Negredo!

That was a very special passage of play :)

BayernBru
28-8-11, 21:27
Negredo 2-0.

Good, cool finish.

L1verFC
28-8-11, 22:10
Negredo 2-0.

Good, cool finish.

He is a great goal scorer all ways gets 15 - 20 goals As I said earlier i would really like him here.

RyanBabylon
28-8-11, 22:28
Negredo 2-0.

Good, cool finish.

Excellent. Really rate the lad, and I hope he has a good season with Sevilla, as I really like him and Navas.

I hope Malaga does well this season too.

Kloppstachio
28-8-11, 22:59
Negredo looks tough enough to quickly fit into the EPL. Quality CF.

HeWhoShallNotBeNamed
29-8-11, 17:11
Looking forward to the game later today. Villarreal are a decent side and might cause some problems but I doubt anything other then a Barca win.

Luis Suarezz
29-8-11, 17:12
Looking forward to the game later today. Villarreal are a decent side and might cause some problems but I doubt anything other then a Barca win.

how long until kick off?

KrapulaYNWA
29-8-11, 18:23
how long until kick off?

8 pm English time...9 here in Spain

Paullfc1976
29-8-11, 19:57
I wonder how Barcelona will respond to Real Madrid's fantastic start yesterday; me thinks 3-1; Villarreal are not going to be pushovers.

Argh, Scott Minto is such as **** presenter.

Midophile
29-8-11, 19:58
Mikel looks like a surfer dude version of his brother.

KoppityKloppity
29-8-11, 20:01
I wonder how Barcelona will respond to Real Madrid's fantastic start yesterday; me thinks 3-1; Villarreal are not going to be pushovers.

Hes not doing it full time now is he? Hes a bit dull. The other chap was a decent presenter whats happened to him?

Paullfc1976
29-8-11, 20:03
Hes not doing it full time now is he? Hes a bit dull. The other chap was a decent presenter whats happened to him?

Mark Bolton left Sky: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1494132

lauriantero
29-8-11, 20:06
Wrong thread...

-Bodie-
30-8-11, 12:37

He sure is. Mark Bolton was class, his back and forth with Guillem and Graham Hunter was always a good watch on Revista.

-Bodie-
30-8-11, 12:44
At last Fabregas has players around him that are on his wavelength. He wasted at least a year or two of his career at Arsenal by staying there a little bit longer than he should have. Fabregas is a world class player, one of the very best in the world, he should be playing with players like Messi and Xavi not Bendtner and Eboue. His link up with Messi is just something out of this world, these two's link up will make us football fans worldwide ****(as if Barca's whole team dont already) like Torres and Gerrard's telepathic link up used to make Liverpool fans ****.

If i knew how to make posters and **** like people do i would find a awesome recent pic of Fabregas and Messi at Barca and have the headline in some nice writing - Made with each other, made for each other. And then sell it to the Barca fans and become a mulitizillionaire.

Kloppstachio
30-8-11, 17:48
Sevilla's President, Jose Maria del Nido, launched a scathing attack on La Liga's current setup because of the recent deal with Spanish radio which is no longer allowed to broadcast the games for free.

Roughly translated so bear with me :
"Our league is not just the biggest filth in Europe, but in the world. It is a third-world league in which two clubs take the others' television money."
"I would like to know the number of viewers who were still watching in the 30th minute of the second half of Zaragoza-Real Madrid. And sponsors should see this. Coca-Cola should not pay for a game in which the outcome is rigged" he said.

Surely a big fine and repercussions coming but is the Spanish league so top heavy that it's about to topple over ?

http://www.rtve.es/deportes/20110829/del-nido-nuestra-liga-mayor-porqueria-del-mundo/458053.shtml

Mike-91
30-8-11, 19:09
I don't think Balague likes Minto.

Paullfc1976
17-9-11, 19:14
Weekend La Liga games:

Atlético - Racing
Sporting - Valencia
Barcelona - Osasuna
Sevilla - Real Soc
Granada - Villarreal
Mallorca - Málaga
Athletic - Betis
Zaragoza - Espanyol
Getafe - Rayo
Levante - R Madrid

Barcelona 1 up v Osasuna, Messi with the goal.

AlonsO-Lfc
17-9-11, 19:16
Weekend La Liga games:

Atlético - Racing
Sporting - Valencia
Barcelona - Osasuna
Sevilla - Real Soc
Granada - Villarreal
Mallorca - Málaga
Athletic - Betis
Zaragoza - Espanyol
Getafe - Rayo
Levante - R Madrid

Barcelona 1 up v Osasuna, Messi with the goal.

Great goal.

Paullfc1976
17-9-11, 19:18
2-0 to Barcelona; lovely goal from Fabregas, great 1-2 with Messi.

Them two seem to be forging a really good understanding.

caple
17-9-11, 19:24
Anyone else surprised at how quickly Fabregas has fit in to this Barca side?

It's like he's been there for years.

Paullfc1976
17-9-11, 19:27

Nope.

He's class; with world class players surrounding him, and especially one's that he's played with for Spain, bar Messi and a couple of others, then the transition was not going to be difficult for him.

caple
17-9-11, 19:29
Nope.

He's class; with world class players surrounding him, and especially one's that he's played with for Spain, bar Messi and a couple of others, then the transition was not going to be difficult for him.

I had no doubt that he'd eventually fit in, but the way he's started has been incredible.

Him and Messi in particular seem to work perfectly together.

Paullfc1976
17-9-11, 19:29
Should have scored again Fabregas.

Paullfc1976
17-9-11, 19:30
I had no doubt that he'd eventually fit in, but the way he's started has been incredible.

Him and Messi in particular seem to work perfectly together.

They do, forged a great understanding.

Abidal hits the bar.

HeWhoShallNotBeNamed
What a pass by Messi, Fabregas nearly scored with the chip.

LovelyCushionedHeader

His goal scoring has impressed me alot, But yeah I think it goes to show how much of a top top player he is.

HeWhoShallNotBeNamed
17-9-11, 19:31
Brilliant by Messi again, Abidal unlucky.

Mike-91
17-9-11, 19:32
Barca playing great football here.

RedXForever
17-9-11, 19:33
His goal scoring has impressed me alot, But yeah I think it goes to show how much of a top top player he is.

Never doubted it, he was always supremely talented was Fabregas and he has improved a lot more coming to the premier league. I think in the next season or two, he will be held in a higher esteem than Iniesta, and that is in no way derogatory to Iniesta.

Will be interesting to see who starts between Cesc and Iniesta when Sanchez, Pedro are in the team.

Jayfire
17-9-11, 19:34
Messi missing an open goal :eek:

Paullfc1976
Wow, Messi hits the post; great move, and a great cross from Alves.

caple
30 minutes in and Messi is unlucky not to have two goals and two assists.

Mike-91
17-9-11, 19:35

Nope.

As Paul said. he's class and they are too.

Plus, he's played with most before and him and Messi used to play and tear teams up when they were in La Masia together.

RedXForever
17-9-11, 19:36
Messi has scored 186 goals for Barcelona. That was before today.

Amazing to think he is only 24!

-CADS-
17-9-11, 19:37
With the way Fabregas has started, it wouldn't surprise me if come May he has been Barca's third main source of goals.

Mike-91
17-9-11, 19:37
3-0 Villa.

Paullfc1976
17-9-11, 19:38
3-0 Villa.

Lovely finish too.

Jayfire
I'm worried I haven't put a big enough bet on this match. I had Barca to win 5-0......maybe I should have had 10.

LovelyCushionedHeader
We're on for 9-0, who would have thought it after 2 draws haha.

-CADS-
17-9-11, 19:39
Gol Gol Gol Gol Gol Gol!

Villlllllllaaaaaaaaa!

RedXForever
17-9-11, 19:39
With the way Fabregas has started, it wouldn't surprise me if come May he has been Barca's third main source of goals.

Who is the second you are talking about.

Paullfc1976
17-9-11, 19:40

Pedro?

-CADS-

Either Villa or Pedro. Probably Villa. I definitely think he'll get more than Iniesta.

caple
Nope.

As Paul said. he's class and they are too.

Plus, he's played with most before and him and Messi used to play and tear teams up when they were in La Masia together.

He's fit into this side more than Villa ever has. And I'm not sure that playing with Messi when they were 14 would be something that would definitely click again.

I'm not saying that he wasn't going to fit in quickly or that he would at all struggle, but he's playing like he's been there for years. In fact he's playing like he never left. There's normally a bit of a gelling period for any player, but he's clicked instantly.

And he's doing it in a position that he's never played at senior level.

caple
17-9-11, 19:41
Messi has scored 186 goals for Barcelona. That was before today.

Amazing to think he is only 24!

He's like third on their all time list. It's insane.

RedXForever
17-9-11, 19:42
Either Villa or Pedro. Probably Villa. I definitely think he'll get more than Iniesta.

One of Pedro, Iniesta, Fabregas and Villa will be dropped when Sanchez comes back. Who will it be, is going to be interesting.

Jayfire
17-9-11, 19:43
That is very unlucky for the Osasuna keeper

Paullfc1976
17-9-11, 19:43
Oh dear 4-0; og, should have had a bet on og today.

caple
17-9-11, 19:44
******* hell.

Paullfc1976
17-9-11, 19:45
OMG 5-0; Messi scores again, assist from Cesc.

Jayfire
I'm worried I haven't put a big enough bet on this match. I had Barca to win 5-0......maybe I should have had 10.

Second half with no goals whatsoever :scarf :D

-CADS-
That was a quite strange O.G.

RedXForever
Fabregas and Messi telepathic.

caple
17-9-11, 19:46
I stand by what I said.

Cesc and Messi's understanding is unreal. No one could have predicted this.

-CADS-
17-9-11, 19:46
******* hell 5-0 already. :D

Paullfc1976
17-9-11, 19:47
I stand by what I said.

Cesc and Messi's understanding is unreal. No one could have predicted this.

It's like they were meant to be.

RedRob67
that spin from cesc was amazing

LovelyCushionedHeader
Football Porn.

caple
17-9-11, 19:48
It's like they were meant to be.

Cesc is linking with him more than Xavi or Iniesta have.

Mike-91
17-9-11, 19:49
That turn by Cesc was brilliant.

Just football heaven that 1st half.

KeemI
17-9-11, 19:49
Barca are orgasmic.

Paullfc1976
17-9-11, 19:50

Aye, incredible; it certainly gives Pep a dilemma when Iniesta is back fit.

RedXForever
17-9-11, 19:50

You can almost see why they were so desperate to get him.

RedRob67
17-9-11, 19:51

yeah imagine Pep trying to tell iniesta to start playing if he wants his place back :D

Paullfc1976
17-9-11, 19:53
yeah imagine Pep trying to tell iniesta to start playing if he wants his place back :D

He's got so many options in midfield and going forward. But I think the criticism levelled at him is due to him not strengthening the CB positions.

caple

Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas, Pedro, Villa, Sanchez, Thiago and Messi.

Two of those have to settle for the bench. It's ridiculous.

lauriantero
Great to see my old home town club Granada getting thier first win of the season. The home crowd was fantastic. But Villareal have really had a very poor start.

Now for the Barca game. I feel a bit sorry for Osasuna, because Barca will have something to prove, and I think this will be a masacre. Interesting to see how my fellow Finn Jukka Raitala will do in the Osasuna defense.

Said this before the game in another thread. Seems I was right. What a team they have! Great to watch.

KeemI
17-9-11, 19:55
All this team needs is Thiago Silva and they are invincible again.

caple
17-9-11, 19:55
Half time and Osasuna are lucky that it's only 5-0.

Paullfc1976
17-9-11, 19:56

I think only Manchester City can come close to that in terms of "options", but they don't have Messi.

caple
17-9-11, 19:57
I think only Manchester City can come close to that in terms of "options", but that don't have Messi.

I'm not even sure that it's close.

Paullfc1976
17-9-11, 19:59
I'm not even sure that it's close.

Okay, a distant 2nd ;)

AlonsO-Lfc
Lucas would silence that Barca midfield

lauriantero

Three, actually. They normally play with 4 at the back and Busquets in front of them, so only 5 of those will play.

So they can start with a front 5 of Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc, Villa and Messi, for example, and have Sanches, Pedro and Thiago come in from the bench. You're right, it is ridiculous!

RedXForever
17-9-11, 20:00
I think only Manchester City can come close to that in terms of "options", but that don't have Messi.

They are no where near in terms of the ability to play that football, players who can play so in sync with the exact same style. ManC have very good individual players, but they all play very differently. Barca have a combination of very very good and exceptional players who all play the same fabric of footballing style.

It is an unfair comparison for ManC really :)

KeemI
17-9-11, 20:00
85% possesion!

Liverdinner
17-9-11, 20:01
I think only Manchester City can come close to that in terms of "options", but they don't have Messi.

Madrid?

Ronaldo Higuain Benzema Di Maria Coentrao Ozil Kaka Callejon even Sahin

Mike-91
17-9-11, 20:01
Some said Cesc wouldn't suit Barca's style.

Mike-91
17-9-11, 20:02
Madrid?

Is he injured?

Paullfc1976
17-9-11, 20:02
They are no where near in terms of the ability to play that football, players who can play so in sync with the exact same style. ManC have very good individual players, but they all play very differently. Barca have a combination of very very good and exceptional players who all play the same fabric of footballing style.

It is an unfair comparison for ManC really :)

I said in terms of options; Manchester City are nowhere near the team Barcelona are; City have more and less just started, Barca have been doing this for a few years now, and rightly are eulogised as possibly the greatest team of all time.

I wasn't saying for one minute City are on the level of Barcelona.

LovelyCushionedHeader
17-9-11, 20:03

Stand there arms open wide managing to look Cesc Xavi and Messi in the eyes simultaneously (Don't care if its impossible) and says "Come at me Bro"

Liverdinner
17-9-11, 20:05
Is he injured?

Hard to tell.

RedXForever
17-9-11, 20:07
I said in terms of options; Manchester City are nowhere near the team Barcelona are; City have more and less just started, Barca have been doing this for a few years now, and rightly are eulogised as possibly the greatest team of all time.

I know mate, you are far too knowledgeable to suggest that. I was saying it is wrong to compare their options because, one is a group of individual while in the other is a fluid transition between players. ManC may have by text book, 3LBs, 3RBs, 3RAMs etc..while Barca may not have that they have say 2 players per position who can play 4-5 positions. I am not sure I am able to put my point properly.
Anyhow, lets just watch on in amazement, what is your prediction.

lauriantero
17-9-11, 20:08
All this team needs is Thiago Silva and they are invincible again.

True. Their defense is a bit weak, in terms of depth, that is. It's great when everybody are fit, but they lack cover if somebody is injured. Usually the opposition doesn't get closer than 40 metres from their goal too often, so it doesn't matter, but the Milan game showed they can be vulnerable at the back.

I hope you're joking. Lucas is currently one of the best DMs in the world, but that midfield is too much for anybody to handle. You need the whole team to have a great game if you want to stop Barca.

Paullfc1976
17-9-11, 20:08
Madrid?

Yaya, Kompany, Silva, Johnson, Aguero, Nasri, Tevez, Milner, Balotelli, Dzeko.

Paullfc1976
17-9-11, 20:09
I know mate, you are far too knowledgeable to suggest that. I was saying it is wrong to compare their options because, one is a group of individual while in the other is a fluid transition between players. ManC may have by text book, 3LBs, 3RBs, 3RAMs etc..while Barca may not have that they have say 2 players per position who can play 4-5 positions. I am not sure I am able to put my point properly.
Anyhow, lets just watch on in amazement, what is your prediction.

Ah, I get ya :)

You're right, of course.

I reckon 6-0.

Barca will take their foot off the peddle and Osasuna will play for pride.

Paullfc1976
17-9-11, 20:11
Messi almost scores a hat-trick; hits the bar with a delightful chip.

-CADS-
17-9-11, 20:11

Its strange. Only last season many experts were saying - and they had a point - that Barca had a small squad.

Paullfc1976
17-9-11, 20:12
Its strange. Only last season many experts were saying - and they had a point - that Barca had a small squad.

Aye, they were right; especially when you looked at the way Barca tired toward the back end of the season, had they not had such an awesome autumn and winter, then Real may have caught them in La Liga.

AlonsO-Lfc
17-9-11, 20:14
I hope you're joking. Lucas is currently one of the best DMs in the world, but that midfield is too much for anybody to handle. You need the whole team to have a great game if you want to stop Barca.

:FP:

redhoops
17-9-11, 20:16
even though this is against a pretty poor lot,barca are an absolute joy to watch.
teams this great dont come around that often.
we are lucky to be here to watch them.
cesc seems to getting over arsenal quickly :)

lauriantero
17-9-11, 20:17
6-0 Xavi. Fantastic pass by Messi and fantastic goal.

Paullfc1976
17-9-11, 20:17
6-0, Messi with another assist; Xavi with the lobbed finish, sheer class again.

Luis Suarezz
17-9-11, 20:18
Lol 6-0

AlonsO-Lfc
even though this is against a pretty poor lot,barca are an absolute joy to watch.

Its crazy how different a player can be when he wants to play for the club.

Downing for us
Young for United
Cesc for Barca

Paullfc1976

Watching Barcelona is always a joy; I always look forward to when they're on.

lauriantero
17-9-11, 20:19
:FP:

Does that mean you were joking or that you disagree? An honest question...

Jayfire

Second half with no goals whatsoever :scarf :D

Ok, I admit it now, it was asking a lot for no goals in the second half :D

RedRob67
If I was a player I would proberbly get sent off against barca

talk about frustration ...

or you just look on and admire

KeemI
17-9-11, 20:20
The way Xavi glides at times is Zidanesque.

AlonsO-Lfc
17-9-11, 20:21
Does that mean you were joking or that you disagree? An honest question...

Its insulting that you think I was serious.

redhoops
17-9-11, 20:23
Watching Barcelona is always a joy; I always look forward to when they're on.

agree,just i can guess some comments like "oh,they were up against an spl team" for example...

doesnt matter,they are a pleasure to watch,double figs is on?

Paullfc1976
17-9-11, 20:24
agree,just i can guess some comments like "oh,they were up against an spl team" for example...

It could have been double figures already.

I'd love to see them get 10 goals, would be amazing.

RedXForever
17-9-11, 20:26
Replacing Xavi with Affelay has given the match the same feel as replacing your mercedes with a volkswagon.

lauriantero
17-9-11, 20:26
Its insulting that you think I was serious.

In that case I apologise. :(

You never know in these boards. I mean, we've had this (http://forums.liverpoolfc.tv/showthread.php?t=158725&highlight=messi+cut+inside) thread, for example. :FP:

caple
17-9-11, 20:27
Pep seems to have said **** it to playing with a formation.

lauriantero
17-9-11, 20:28

Doesn't matter what people say. They're an amazing team, and they've proved that several times already.

lauriantero
17-9-11, 20:30
Pep seems to have said **** it to playing with a formation.

No need to restrict that team with any rigid formations. Just let them play their game. Pep is a smart guy and he knows that.

RedXForever
17-9-11, 20:33
Affelay needs to just give it to Cesc, it is boring, 10mins now without a goal almost.

RedRob67
17-9-11, 20:35
No need to restrict that team with any rigid formations. Just let them play their game. Pep is a smart guy and he knows that.

yeah bit like KK :scarf

Mike-91
17-9-11, 20:37
7-0 Villa

Cesc 2nd assist.

Paullfc1976
7-0; Villa.

RedRob67
How on earth did he get through there ..

:scarf

lauriantero
7-0 Villa.

yeah bit like KK :scarf

That's right! :scarf

RedXForever
7-0 Cesc with another assist. Man of the match?

Mike-91
17-9-11, 20:38
8-0 messi!!!!!!!!!!!

redhoops
17-9-11, 20:39
barca have actually IMPROVED??!!?? :eek::eek:

this will be a fun season.

RedXForever
Another assist to Cesc.

Paullfc1976
8-0; Messi hat-trick.

Just wow, yet again.

Jayfire
It could have been double figures already.

I'd love to see them get 10 goals, would be amazing.

You may well get to see it yet mate :D

Paullfc1976
17-9-11, 20:40
You may well get to see it yet mate :D

10 mins, c'mon Barca!

RedRob67
17-9-11, 20:41
my comentator is laying into Real and ..like what can they be thinking when they watch messi rons hair must stand on end ..hehehe

Jayfire
17-9-11, 20:41
10 mins, c'mon Barca!

I noticed you can still get 7/1 on it right now, so I've had a little punt on it :D

lauriantero
17-9-11, 20:42
7-0 Cesc with another assist. Man of the match?

Messi has a hat trick and 2 assists now. They are fantastic together.

Paullfc1976
I noticed you can still get 7/1 on it right now, so I've had a little punt on it :D

Nice.

Red-Man-Walking
8-0 wtf :eek: lol :D

RedXForever
17-9-11, 20:43
Messi has a hat trick and 2 assists now

Cesc has a goal and 3 assists, but I guess hat trick trumps it.

Morsy
17-9-11, 20:45
It's beyond a joke how good they are. I was *********** myself watching that Messi goal it was that simple to them! Simply the greatest football team i've ever watched and the previous one was the Barca team that destroyed Real last season. How has Pep improved them?? For god sake look at the class players they're missing!!!

RedRob67
17-9-11, 20:46
Osa worst loss 8-0 against R madrid in 58 season

I want a nine

Red-Man-Walking
17-9-11, 20:49
Barca 83% possession in 2nd half.

Crazy to see how good Barca are....without Iniesta, Alexis and Pique too.

RedXForever
17-9-11, 20:49
Just a word of appreciation for the other players from Barca -

Alves - phenomenal
Thiago - extremely impressive
Busquets - Simply the best in that role
Villa - very good, yet he sticks out in that side as the odd man out.
Abidal - legend.

All others were good as well,but it has been the Cesc and Leo show.

lauriantero
17-9-11, 20:50
It's beyond a joke how good they are. I was *********** myself watching that Messi goal it was that simple to them! Simply the greatest football team i've ever watched and the previous one was the Barca team that destroyed Real last season. How has Pep improved them?? For god sake look at the class players they're missing!!!

True. They were one of the best teams ever already last season, and they're even stronger now. It's ridiculous. The best team I've ever seen.

Real have a great team, and Mourinho is obviously a trophy machine, but I really can't see them beating Barca this season.

caple
17-9-11, 20:50
Osasuna are actually time wasting.

That's fantastic. To beat a team so badly that they want no more is fantastic.

lauriantero
17-9-11, 20:51
What a goal that would have been! He was offside anyway, but still. With his chest...

RedRob67
17-9-11, 20:52
Messi chest ...:FP:

ridiculous ..maradonna is pailing in my eyes

Paullfc1976

I know, just brilliant.

Mike-91

Red-Man-Walking
Can Messi score more than 60 goals this season? I think so.

redhoops
17-9-11, 20:54
Can Messi score more than 60 goals this season? I think so.

can saurez;)

:scarf:scarf

lauriantero
17-9-11, 20:56
Watching the replays of the goals, how great was the 5th! Xavi keeping his head up, looking for a pass, sublime pass to Cesc, and then great turn by Cesc, pass to Messi, and goal! Brilliant!

lauriantero
17-9-11, 20:57

Messi chest ...:FP:

ridiculous ..maradonna is pailing in my eyes

Messi is out of this world

Mike-91
17-9-11, 20:58
That was so (http://community.o2online.ie/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/1032i4E0B9A47D8C51C43/image-size/original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1)

LawdyDawdy
17-9-11, 20:59
Anyone know what the goal scoring and assists table looks like so far?

-CADS-
18-9-11, 18:17
Falcao completes his hat-trick to put Atletico 3-0 up.

-CADS-
18-9-11, 19:45
Real not having it their own way at the moment. Currently 0-0 on the brink of half-time and Khedira's just been sent off.

Red-Raw
18-9-11, 19:46
Real's disciplinary record under Mourinho is shocking!!

Cumbrian.
18-9-11, 20:05
What's the Real Madrid score?

-CADS-
18-9-11, 20:05
What's the Real Madrid score?

Still 0-0. The 2nd half is just about to start.

Cumbrian.
18-9-11, 20:11
Nice one Charlie. If you could keep this thread updated with that game I'd appreciate it as I'm only on my iphone at work.

-CADS-
18-9-11, 21:13
Nice one Charlie. If you could keep this thread updated with that game I'd appreciate it as I'm only on my iphone at work.

Sorry I logged off as soon I responded to you. :(

Real lost 1-0 thanks to a Kone goal in the 68th minute. Levante could have got more as well.

GeorgeLFC
18-9-11, 22:48
Anyone watching Bilbao Vs Betis? Cracking Game!

-CADS-
21-9-11, 22:04
Now that our game is ended my attentions turned towards Spanish football. :)

Real dropped points for the 2nd away game in succession as they were held 0-0 by Racing Santander.

Valencia vs Barcelona is on right now and its currently 2-1 to the home side at half-time.

caple
21-9-11, 22:04
Valencia vs Barcelona is on right now and its currently 2-1 to the home side at half-time.

Who's scored?

-CADS-
21-9-11, 22:07
Who's scored?

:scarf:scarf Pedro! :scarf:scarf

Starblind
21-9-11, 22:08
Who's scored?

Val: Abidal OG 13 min, Pablo Hernandez 23 min
Bar: Pedro 14 min

Soldado missed a sitter which would have made it 3-1.

Tuta
21-9-11, 22:09
Who's scored?

Abidal own goal and Hernandez for Valencia, Pedro for Messi, Saldado missed a sitter (worse than Torrres) at 2-1

caple
:scarf:scarf Pedro! :scarf:scarf

Well who else would?

-MissBrightside82-
Soldado misses yet another great chance to score...

-MissBrightside82-
21-9-11, 22:11
Abidal own goal and Hernandez for Valencia, Pedro for Messi, Saldado missed a sitter (worse than Torrres) at 2-1

"Pedro for Messi"? :D I know he's their best player and all but it's not FC Messi :P

Starblind
21-9-11, 22:17
"Pedro for Messi"? :D I know he's their best player and all but it's not FC Messi :P

Well spotted :D

-MissBrightside82-
21-9-11, 22:35
Well spotted :D

Cheers :D

Fabregas equalises for Barca; his fourth goal in 4 games.

Mike-91
21-9-11, 22:36
Cesc is such a brilliant footballer.

Few posters said he wouldn't be in the top 20 players in the world a few months ago. ********.

Tuta
21-9-11, 22:40

:FP: I was meaning of messi's pass:(

LivingProof
21-9-11, 22:47
Falcao scored twice for Athletico tonight. Seems to be in hot form.

-CADS-
21-9-11, 22:49
Messi just found Villa with a lovely ball and Villa should have scored what would have been the winner...but didn't.

Cesc is such a brilliant footballer.

Few posters said he wouldn't be in the top 20 players in the world a few months ago. ********.

Just can't stop scoring in Barca colours can he?

LivingProof
21-9-11, 22:52
In fact 9 goals in 5 games for Falcao. Top scorer in La Liga.

-MissBrightside82-
21-9-11, 22:53
:FP: I was meaning of messi's pass:(

I know/thought I knew what you were getting at, but couldn't resist.

Falcao scored twice for Athletico tonight. Seems to be in hot form.

Atletico*

Sorry to be a pedant, but it's one of my pet hates.:p

-CADS-
24-9-11, 19:37
Just saw the Madrid score. **** me what is wrong with them at the moment. Currently losing 1-0 at home to Rayo Vallecano. :FP:

LucasAintDancin
24-9-11, 19:40
Ronaldo 1-1.

-CADS-
24-9-11, 19:50
Higuain makes it 2-1 to Real just before HT.

caple
24-9-11, 21:13
I only saw the first half of the Real vs Rayo game, how did Lass play for Rayo in the second half?

He was fantastic in the first.

caple
24-9-11, 21:28
Wow.

Messi scored a good goal.

-CADS-
24-9-11, 23:00
Messi hat-trick. :scarf:scarf

Just another day at the office for him.

LucasAintDancin
24-9-11, 23:01
Anyone got an updated table?

Yehez
24-9-11, 23:02
******* Messi. He is so awesome.

markgrancanaria
24-9-11, 23:07
Anyone got an updated table?

Team P W D L F A W D L F A GD PTS
1 Real Betis 4 2 0 0 5 3 2 0 0 4 2 4 12
2 Barcelona 5 3 0 0 18 0 0 2 0 4 4 18 11
3 Sevilla 5 3 0 0 4 1 0 2 0 2 2 3 11
4 Real Madrid 5 2 0 0 10 4 1 1 1 6 1 11 10
5 Valencia 5 2 1 0 7 5 1 0 1 1 1 2 10
6 Malaga 4 2 0 0 5 0 1 0 1 2 2 5 9
7 Levante 4 1 0 0 1 0 1 2 0 3 2 2 8
8 Atletico Madrid 5 2 1 0 8 0 0 0 2 0 6 2 7
9 Real Sociedad 4 1 1 0 3 2 1 0 1 2 2 1 7
10 Espanyol 4 2 0 0 3 1 0 0 2 1 3 0 6
11 Rayo Vallecano 5 0 1 1 1 2 1 1 1 4 7 -4 5
12 Villarreal 5 1 1 0 4 2 0 1 2 1 7 -4 5
13 Osasuna 4 1 1 0 2 1 0 1 1 0 8 -7 5
14 Real Zaragoza 4 1 0 1 2 7 0 1 1 3 4 -6 4
15 Mallorca 4 1 0 1 1 1 0 0 2 0 3 -3 3
16 Granada 4 1 0 1 1 1 0 0 2 0 5 -5 3
17 Athletic Bilbao 5 0 2 1 4 5 0 0 2 1 3 -3 2
18 Racing Santander 4 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 2 3 8 -5 2
19 Getafe 4 0 1 1 1 2 0 0 2 2 5 -4 1
20 Sporting Gijon 4 0 0 2 1 3 0 0 2 1 6 -7 0

LucasAintDancin
24-9-11, 23:09
Team P W D L F A W D L F A GD PTS
1 Real Betis 4 2 0 0 5 3 2 0 0 4 2 4 12
2 Messi & Co. 5 3 0 0 18 0 0 2 0 4 4 18 11
3 Sevilla 5 3 0 0 4 1 0 2 0 2 2 3 11
4 Real Madrid 5 2 0 0 10 4 1 1 1 6 1 11 10
5 Valencia 5 2 1 0 7 5 1 0 1 1 1 2 10
6 Malaga 4 2 0 0 5 0 1 0 1 2 2 5 9
7 Levante 4 1 0 0 1 0 1 2 0 3 2 2 8
8 Atletico Madrid 5 2 1 0 8 0 0 0 2 0 6 2 7
9 Real Sociedad 4 1 1 0 3 2 1 0 1 2 2 1 7
10 Espanyol 4 2 0 0 3 1 0 0 2 1 3 0 6
11 Rayo Vallecano 5 0 1 1 1 2 1 1 1 4 7 -4 5
12 Villarreal 5 1 1 0 4 2 0 1 2 1 7 -4 5
13 Osasuna 4 1 1 0 2 1 0 1 1 0 8 -7 5
14 Real Zaragoza 4 1 0 1 2 7 0 1 1 3 4 -6 4
15 Mallorca 4 1 0 1 1 1 0 0 2 0 3 -3 3
16 Granada 4 1 0 1 1 1 0 0 2 0 5 -5 3
17 Athletic Bilbao 5 0 2 1 4 5 0 0 2 1 3 -3 2
18 Racing Santander 4 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 2 3 8 -5 2
19 Getafe 4 0 1 1 1 2 0 0 2 2 5 -4 1
20 Sporting Gijon 4 0 0 2 1 3 0 0 2 1 6 -7 0

Updated. :D

markgrancanaria
24-9-11, 23:20
:) Very good. :)

Starblind
25-9-11, 00:19
******* Messi. He is so awesome.

I just can't watch him enough. The guy is, at times, simply mesmerising.

-CADS-
15-10-11, 17:12
Getafe 0 - 0 Villarreal

Mallorca 0 - 0 Valencia

Real Madrid 0 - 0 Betis

Atm, only 10 minutes into those games though.

Barca are at home to Santander at 7 this evening.