PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Adam having Liverpool medical, deal agreed.

Pages : [1] 2

Syndicato
6-7-11, 16:15
Charlie Adam having Liverpool medical, deal agreed

Charlie Adam is heading to Anfield for a medical

Liverpool have agreed a transfer fee with Blackpool to sign Charlie Adam, bringing an end to their six-month pursuit of the Scotland midfielder.

Adam will now travel to Merseyside for a medical and to discuss personal terms.

Kenny Dalglish has made it clear ever since he returned to the Anfield hot seat that he wanted Adam, but an initial attempt to sign him in January collapsed.

Blackpool have been holding out for 9 million during renewed negotiations between the two clubs, but early reports suggest they have settled for a 7 million-plus-player deal.

Adam, 25, is expected to face no problems when completing his medical, with the deal set to be officially completed within 24 hours.

The Scotland international will become Dalglish's second signing of the summer as the Reds boss has already bought England international Jordan Henderson from Sunderland for 16 million.

With two new central-midfielders heading to Anfield, Dalglish will need to make changes to his personnel, with the likes of Alberto Aquilani and Christian Poulsen likely to be shown the door.

Aquilani has returned from a season-long loan spell at Juventus, who chose not to take up the option to buy the Italy international, while Poulsen became a peripheral figure when Dalglish took over in January.

There are a number of other players Liverpool would like to move on in order to free up space not only in the squad but on the wage bill. Joe Cole and Milan Jovanovic are two players who failed to impress in their first seasons with the club.

Meanwhile, Roma goalkeeper Alexander Doni could complete a move to Liverpool in the next 36 hours, according to his agent.

The clubs reached an agreement over Doni's transfer last month but the keeper rejected Liverpool's first contract offer, believing it to be too low. However, the player could still be on his way to the Premier League before the weekend.

"In the next 36 hours we will know something definite,'' Doni's agent Ovidio Colucci said. "Liverpool are interested in Doni and there is the agreement between the two clubs and with the player.

"Doni is in Italy right now. We just have to ratify certain details with Roma. If the deal is completed, Doni will join Liverpool on a free transfer and will sign a two-year contract.

"Doni is very happy with the chance to go to Liverpool and play in the Premier League.''

Jazzy-J
6-7-11, 16:17
I'd rather stick with the original one.

Syndicato
6-7-11, 16:19
I'd rather stick with the original one.

ok, but it's really gone on and on... over 100 pages. can you remember most of the stuff in there?

Liverdinner
6-7-11, 16:19
Mate havent you heard the news about Johnson?

SuperSi
6-7-11, 16:20
Mods, mods, please answer this question. I'm not sure we can go on like this. I just got my wife to test me on it and I can't remember half of the content since it went so big.

Oh, and Liverdinner - what about Glen Johnson?

LordJamieOfCarragher
6-7-11, 18:27
Bump

Dioltas
6-7-11, 18:28
The anticipation is killing me, are we going to sign him or what!

By-Lallanas-Beard
6-7-11, 18:30
not to be a spoilsport

but as it stands. our CM situation is

Gerrard
Aquilani
Spearing
Adam
Lucas
Mereiles
Poulsen
Shelvey
Henderson

We all dream of a team of Center Midfielders

direwolf
6-7-11, 18:31
I was 100% wrong about the player.

I take full responsibility for all the daft things I said. Welcome to LFC, CA.

But lose the purse.

SuperJC23
6-7-11, 18:32
not to be a spoilsport

Gerrard
Aquilani
Spearing
Adam
Lucas
Mereiles
Poulsen
Shelvey
Henderson

Shelvey on loan with Poulsen and maybe Meireles sold?

LukasBrodolski
6-7-11, 18:34
I was 100% wrong about the player.

I take full responsibility for all the daft things I said. Welcome to LFC, CA.

But lose the purse.

Its a man bag you ****!! :mad::mad::mad:

All the cool kids carry em

Dioltas
6-7-11, 18:35
not to be a spoilsport

Gerrard
Aquilani
Spearing
Adam
Lucas
Mereiles
Poulsen
Shelvey
Henderson

In terms of similar players and having depth.

Gerrard with Meireles as AM's
Lucas with Spearing as DM's
Adam with Henderson as CM's

Poulsen and jovanovic taken out and shot, Cole sold, Aquilani sold if possible and Shelvey loaned out, although I think he could play a role.

direwolf
6-7-11, 18:36
Its a man bag you ****!! :mad::mad::mad:

All the cool kids carry em

I'm making friends!

Kloppette
6-7-11, 18:37
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/video/Features/Adam-arrives-at-26976.php3

A video of Kenny after he picked up Adam from the train station bringing him to Melwood
Cue gay cheesy music !!

Gazza74
6-7-11, 18:38
Great news, welcome Charlie to Anfield...:scarf

Now don't let me down, i've used up a lot of text on you this summer...:D

slimman
6-7-11, 18:39

A video of Kenny after he picked up Adam from the train station bringing him to Melwood
Cue gay cheesy music !!

I thought -- Lovely motor Kenny and what is this music all about :D

LucasAintDancin
6-7-11, 18:40
Honestly wans't sure this would happen when I seen Aqua back. Still made up. Finally we are beginning to build strength in depth.

LordFunkicus
6-7-11, 18:40
Glad we got Adam. Clearly a player that Kenny wanted and we got him for a relative bargain, from the sounds of it. He won't bellyache for a move to the continent, is by all accounts a great teammate/locker room guy, and has one of the best left pegs in the Prem. Really love the depth we're building, even if we haven't made a "superstar" signing yet. I do hope we don't lose Raul, but I get it, he's at peak resale value.

Come on down, Mata.

FistofRage
6-7-11, 18:44
not to be a spoilsport

Gerrard
Aquilani
Spearing
Adam
Lucas
Mereiles
Poulsen
Shelvey
Henderson

Gerrard 2 to 3 years left
Aquilani Jury out on him right now
Spearing Did well last season - one for the future
Adam let's see what he can do in a Red shirt
Lucas Strong combative midfielder - potential future captain.
Mereiles Creative element must keep
Poulsen Probably going soon
Shelvey one for the future
Henderson one for the future

robbieflowerpot
6-7-11, 18:45
Right now he's doing the 'Erm.....I just need the toilet' thing each time they tentatively try to coax him towards the scales.

FistofRage
6-7-11, 18:46

Cue gay cheesy music !!

Nice touch - The King picking Charlie up at the station.:D

CharlieManson
6-7-11, 18:46

Oh yes, Kenny & Charlie what a shot that was.

'Stim
6-7-11, 18:47
:scarf Welcome To Liverpool F.C. Charlie :scarf Thankyou Mr Henry :FL: & staff. He's going to be a top player for us,I just know it!!! :scarf He might not be speedy gonzales(didn't stop Xabi from being a top playmaker) but everything else he does is top quality and Kenny likes him,believes in him and signed him which is more than good enough for me. It seems likely,if all goes well that we could sign Stewart Downing,another younger keeper and I think a couple more quality players,this is good,this is brilliant. I Love :scarf Liverpool F.C. :scarf Y.N.W.A.

p.s. Loved the short video of Charlie arriving with Kenny,that was posted quickly enough!!!

Klopportunity
6-7-11, 18:47
Guardian reporting 7.5m, rising to 8m. I think that's pretty good business if true.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jul/06/liverpool-sign-blackpool-charlie-adam

Buzz-Cagney
6-7-11, 18:48

nice car too, the KING has got taste. welcome to Liverpool Charlie Adam :scarf:scarf:scarf:scarf:scarf

'Stim
Guardian reporting 7.5m, rising to 8m. I think that's pretty good business if true.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jul/06/liverpool-sign-blackpool-charlie-adam

:scarf Sounds like a bargain to me! :scarf

brummiered01
So Pault86 was right all along! :fishing

Stan85
6-7-11, 18:49
Very good news!

Welcome to Liverpool FC Charlie!

Pleased this deal is finally concluded and Charlie should add some different qualities to our midfield options.

:scarf

Paullfc1976
Why did the thread get closed?

Oh-Bout-Tree-Fiddy
Tbf you look at those photos of him having the medical and id say Joe Cole looks Fatter than Adam does!

'Stim
6-7-11, 18:50
So Pault86 was right all along! :fishing

:D Trust you,Brum! :D

Klopportunity
6-7-11, 18:51

Some things said in the other thread are best forgotten. Charlie is a Liverpool player now so all previous opinions are null and void. :scarf

'Stim

Dunno,and I composed a little welcome post and it was rejected :( -Closed. Maybe because speculation has ended?

Klopportunity
Tbf you look at those photos of him having the medical and id say Joe Cole looks Fatter than Adam does!

He looks a picture of health, I wonder if The Doctor had a word with him about what to do with his summer :D

CharlieManson
6-7-11, 18:52
Some things said in the other thread are best forgotten. Charlie is a Liverpool player now so all previous opinions are null and void. :scarf

Great shout.

Mike-91
6-7-11, 18:52
http://www.lfc.tv/news/latest-news/pics-adam-s-melwood-medical

Paullfc1976
6-7-11, 18:53

Fair enough.

WineForMyMen
6-7-11, 18:54

Joking aside, he does have a bit of a tummy on him but it's his posture that really accentuates it (as with quite a few players). Someone needs to tell him how to stand up straight with his shoulders back and he'd look a lot leaner for it.

markusB

Cue gay cheesy music !!

Not too sure about the gay, but it is cheesy!!!

Oakryrch
About time.

Not 100% keen on the signing, but I'm happy enough for Adam to be a part of our squad for next season and beyond. It was obvious that Kenny's a huge fan of Adam, and he's seen alot more of him than I have, so I trust his judgement on this one.

GeorgeLFC
6-7-11, 18:55
I still can't believe after 6 months of drag and 8 thousands posts Adam finally signed today and the forum went into hyper drive over Glen Johnson's contract extension. :D

'Stim
6-7-11, 18:56
About time.

Not 100% keen on the signing, but I'm happy enough for Adam to be a part of our squad for next season and beyond. It is obvious that Kenny is a huge fan of Adam, and he's seen alot more of him than I have, so I trust his judgement on this one.

It'll be alright Rixsta ;)

Kloppette
6-7-11, 18:57
Not too sure about the gay, but it is cheesy!!!

They should have used the Old Spice music lol

Klopportunity
Fair enough.

I said it a bit tongue-in-cheek, but my job isn't far removed from what moderators do and I completely understand why it could be a good idea.

RedDylan
Welcome to Liverpool FC Charlie Adam!
Has a future Liverpool Captain just arrived? Time will tell - but he may just have what it takes. :scarf

PurpleKoala
Oh yeah he must have eaten loads of pies to get that fat......
:rolleyes:

festinho
Welcome to Anfield. A very good signing. Happy.

Oakryrch
6-7-11, 18:58
It'll be alright Rixsta ;)

Ad_Rock
6-7-11, 18:58
Fantastic, I'm just happy to see a good player join our ranks. Good man Charlie, get your scoring-goals-from-corners boots on.

Sneets
6-7-11, 19:03
What is the point of this thread when there is a massive Adam thread that has been running for weeks?

jamiechloe
6-7-11, 19:03
I was gonna post a thread about him failing a medical and signing for Newcastle but thought better of it

:IN:

LucasAintDancin
6-7-11, 19:04
Gerrard better cop on and stop taking corners now:D

Dioltas
What is the point of this thread when there is a massive Adam thread that has been running for weeks?

Competition to keep the other thread on it's toes.

bonou2
Jeezs Charlie smile same in the video the king cracking jokes Charlie not even a smile :D

'Stim
:scarf Sounds like a bargain to me! :scarf

Why have I been neg'd for this? I really would like to know the reason. Honestly,some people.....:confused: Negged Again! Stop hiding behind a computer and tell me why your negging me? :confused:

GordonBennett
6-7-11, 19:05
Jeezs Charlie smile same in the video the king cracking jokes Charlie not even a smile :D

Have you seen his teeth? Evidently not ;)

Ad_Rock
6-7-11, 19:06

Don't point it out or there'll be forty more in five minutes.

CharlieManson
6-7-11, 19:07
I still can't believe after 6 months of drag and 8 thousands posts Adam finally signed today and the forum went into hyper drive over Glen Johnson's contract extension. :D

Johnson threads were a smokescreen for Adam excitement.

GeorgeLFC
6-7-11, 19:08
Johnson threads were a smokescreen for Adam excitement.

or distractions :IN:
(just kidding)

Ad_Rock
6-7-11, 19:08

Glen Johnson's WHAT?! Great news everyone!

ONDEFENCE
6-7-11, 19:09
Adam joins the ants :eek:in the LFC midfield ;)

UsherLFC
6-7-11, 19:09
http://www.lfc.tv/news/latest-news/pics-adam-s-melwood-medical

Anyone else think our club doctor as got a look of Benayoun?

ONDEFENCE
6-7-11, 19:10

"has" indeed:rolleyes:

Klopportunity
6-7-11, 19:11

Dr Peter Brukner (http://greatrednorth.wordpress.com/2010/03/29/) looks a bit like Tina Turner.

CharlieManson
6-7-11, 19:12
Come on, give us the news Charlies passed his quack exam.

UsherLFC
6-7-11, 19:12
"has" indeed:rolleyes:

my hhhhhhh is stiff :P

does it really matter you new what i meant :rolleyes:

Pizza-connection
6-7-11, 19:13
Great news really

Welcome to LFC Charlie I really rate him to be one of our best midfielders this season.:scarf:scarf:scarf

PurpleKoala
6-7-11, 19:13
Why have I been neg'd for this? I really would like to know the reason. Honestly,some people.....:confused: Negged Again! Stop hiding behind a computer and tell me why your negging me? :confused:

Just ignore it mate. Some people are just immature.

JamboBwana
6-7-11, 19:15
Why is he wearing a suit during the medical? Looks like he's posing, we need a serious scrubs-wearing physician...btw, welcom, Charlie:IN::D

'Stim
6-7-11, 19:16
Just ignore it mate. Some people are just immature.

Ya,i don't understand it,Koala. This should be a happy positive thread in which we join together & rejoice a bit. I suppose not for all though.

JohnBarnesJnr
6-7-11, 19:17
Who's being loaned?! 2 players? I'll be very annoyed if one is Jonjo...

Sensible price for Adam though.

"Adam....Carroll...GOAL!"

KopiteSpartan
6-7-11, 19:17
1-8-1 formation it is then :IN:

Only kidding kids this'll be a great signing, especially if the 7m quoted is true

Dioltas
6-7-11, 19:18

Or.... Reina....Agger...Lucas....Gerrard...Lucas...Adam.. .Lucas...Gerrard...Lucas... Suarez...Carroll...Suarez....Kuyt....Suarez....GOo ooooooaaaal

-MagicNumber10-
6-7-11, 19:19

I think it would be great for Jonjo to go out on loan.

First team football at a decent level would do him good!

He won't get too many games with us this season, looking at the amount of CM's we have now.

wadsten
Welcome Charlie! :scarf
Who is leaving? :confused:

JoeRedLabo
Great signing brings something we have not got an the strikers obviously andy will love his service.

LordFunkicus
6-7-11, 19:20
Scottish players have never succeeded at Liverpool.

Klopportunity
1-8-1 formation it is then :IN:

Only kidding kids this'll be a great signing, especially if the 7m quoted is true

Total Football!!! :scarf

;)

GeorgeLFC
Why is he wearing a suit during the medical? Looks like he's posing, we need a serious scrubs-wearing physician...btw, welcom, Charlie:IN::D

I think we should hire this guy! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD1neU19ktg)

'Stim
Next season is going to be alot of fun! I'm so intrigued as to how we'll be set up to play. :scarf

robbieflowerpot
6-7-11, 19:22
Just on the train (delayed) and the rough looking lad next to me's on here too. Trying to spot his user name so I can neg him for having his ipod up WAY too loud. He's been staring at the Adam & Kenny arrive at Melwood pics for a disturbing amount of time...

'Stim
6-7-11, 19:22
Total Football!!! :scarf

;)

A chap who was just on Talksport (Tony Evans ,I think) said he wouldn't be surprised to see a 3-Man backline in some games. :D Who knows!

brummiered01
6-7-11, 19:24
:D Trust you,Brum! :D

Couldn't resist! :)

PurpleKoala
6-7-11, 19:25
Just on the train (delayed) and the rough looking lad next to me's on here too. Trying to spot his user name so I can neg him for having his ipod up WAY too loud. He's been staring at the Adam & Kenny arrive at Melwood pics for a disturbing amount of time...

IT WAS ME!

Nah, but I do have my iPod loud.

Rifatul
Scottish players have never succeeded at Liverpool.

:D

Euro-77-78-81-84-05
Who is leaving:

Not Johnson

robinredshanks
6-7-11, 19:26

Bill Shankly started that, it's 'The Liverpool Way' :D:scarf:scarf:scarf

Gegenpressing
6-7-11, 19:26
Welcome to Liverpool FC Charlie boy!!!!:scarf

robbieflowerpot
6-7-11, 19:28
IT WAS ME!

Nah, but I do have my iPod loud.

This dude doesn't look happy. Mind you we have been hardly moving for an hr and a half. Hopefully his battery will give out soon.

Klopportunity
6-7-11, 19:29
This dude doesn't look happy. Mind you we have been hardly moving for an hr and a half. Hopefully his battery will give out soon.

Are you the guy with your hands down your trousers making eyes at the homeless guy wandering up and down the carriage?

Daymo68
6-7-11, 19:32
Welcome to Anfield Charlie Adam :scarf

Kloppette
6-7-11, 19:36
I'm going to have to say Welcome Charlie Adam to our proper Bo club !!

Now all you have to do is get the ball to Suarez and Carrol and create goals, if you do that you will be a legend son !!

robbieflowerpot
6-7-11, 19:37
Are you the guy with your hands down your trousers making eyes at the homeless guy wandering up and down the carriage?

Yes that's me. I just want to stroke his......dog.

GeorgeLFC
6-7-11, 19:39
Welcome to Liverpool Adam and Best luck. I hope you help us bring great success. :scarf

Gegenpressing
6-7-11, 19:41
Wonder what number he will wear?:HS:

L1verFC
6-7-11, 19:42
Wonder what number he will wear?:HS:

14 or 15 maybe

rcsc1
6-7-11, 19:43
I think Stevie G is going to have to start fighting for his place again, I hope he takes this in a positive way and fights for his place. No harm in good healthy competition for players places.

Dynasty-inthe-Making
6-7-11, 19:45
Great news :scarf welcome Adam to the best club in the world :scarf

He has got a wicked left foot & great crossing I could almost here this:

1st Commentator: " Liverpool gets the corner & for Adam to take it"
2nd Commentator: " Those corner kicks use to be Gerrard's responsibility"
1st Commentator: " Charlie whips in a great ball..oooooooooooooooooooooooooh you beauty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Andy Carroll with a great header!!!!!"
2nd Commentator: " Alex Ferguson doesn't look too surprised that he conceded a goal there, he was right when he said those corner kicks by Adam are worth 10 million, looks like Liverpool have made a great bargain there!!!"

Klopportunity
6-7-11, 19:46
Yes that's me. I just want to stroke his......dog.

Kloppette
6-7-11, 19:47
Adam number - 10
Cole number - meh

Gegenpressing
6-7-11, 19:49
Our midfield options next season...

Spearing/Lucas

Henderson/Adam

Meireles/Gerrard.

Oh-Bout-Tree-Fiddy
2nd Commentator: " Alex Ferguson doesn't look too surprised that he conceded a goal there, he was right when he said those corner kicks by Adam are worth 10 million, looks like Liverpool have made a great bargain there!!!"

How much is the fee,
7mil iv heard

KopiteSpartan
I just hope he takes the set pieces.

Skip Bayless
6-7-11, 19:50
There's an Adam thread you know.

ToTaLxTc
6-7-11, 19:51
Saw pics of that on Twitter earlier (http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4088/5062309690_f0ab831bf6.jpg)

replenish
absolute legend

he should go and get juan mata and adam johnson next :P

DirKuytinho
he had to after the shuttle donkey broke down..

on a more serious note, its nice to see him making our new signing feel very welcome from the get go =)

Graggster
6-7-11, 19:52
There's an Adam thread you know.

this is about kenny

oh well

liverpoolfan2003
6-7-11, 19:52
Saw pics of that on Twitter earlier (http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4088/5062309690_f0ab831bf6.jpg)

Venks
6-7-11, 19:53
I had a strange sense of satisfaction this morning (I'm in Canada)when I read the liverpoolfc site news. I had a better feeling when I realized no other news source knew of the deal.
Welcome, Charlie! Best of luck to you!

Graggster
6-7-11, 19:54

funny

Mullerbugs
6-7-11, 19:54
he had to after the shuttle donkey broke down..

on a more serious note, its nice to see him making our new signing feel very welcome from the get go =)

No doubt Adam'll be getting a pay rise so the positive is that at least he can buy a new donkey!! maybe even splash out and get a pony:scarf

Dynasty-inthe-Making
6-7-11, 19:56
How much is the fee,
7mil iv heard

Don't know as long as its not 10 mil I'm fine with that :D

LiverpoolOne
6-7-11, 19:58
Welcome to the Liverpool charge Charlie lad:scarf

Klopportunity
6-7-11, 20:00

"Oh no not again!"

Graggster
6-7-11, 20:01
My thread was about Kenny:confused:

bondred
6-7-11, 20:02
ok who tweeted this???

"Don't know why #lfc are bothering with #charlieadam. If he was any good he would have featured more for england. #wasteofmoney"

TaylorL4
6-7-11, 20:02
Really happy that we have signed Charlie Adam, has proper raw talent.

He bossed scottish football, yet I was suprised to see how controlling he was at Blackpool. With Kenny and Steve guiding him, I think he could be a massive talent for us. He is the closest to replacing Alonso that we have got, even though their not the same.

Signing Adam says to me that we will set up 4-3-2-1 although, who am I to guess what the King has in mind.

7,8,9million whatever were all hearing, I think that it's good bussiness and we paid a fair price.

Get settled in with captain fantastic, watch Carrol and Suarez movement Charlie, and start hitting them with passes soon as first whistle blows.

YNWA

prredhouse
6-7-11, 20:04
Get settled in with captain fantastic, watch Carrol and Suarez movement Charlie, and start hitting them with passes soon as first whistle blows.

YNWA

Ha Ha you are def in the groove there lad. In the zone!! like it!

DirKuytinho
6-7-11, 20:04
ok who tweeted this???

"Don't know why #lfc are bothering with #charlieadam. If he was any good he would have featured more for england. #wasteofmoney"

my bet is its one of the regulars from the facebook page

GeorgeLFC
6-7-11, 20:05
ok who tweeted this???

Haha...This deserves the golden tweet award. :D

tonylet
6-7-11, 20:08
ok who tweeted this???

I just don't know how people this thick get through life.

Emilvang
6-7-11, 20:08
One thing i don't get it..Blackpool extended Adam's contract with an additional year, did they not?

And in January they asked for 13+ millions for Adam. And now they let him go for 7-9 millions, when they could have had 13-14 in January.

And their reason to not sell him? They thought he could keep them in the Premier League and make them 40+ millions for playing in the Premier League, and not the Championship.

So now they have lost 4-6 millions on his fee. They took a gamble, and lost. We, however, decided to wait. And it paid off. I think I get it now.

Ad_Rock
6-7-11, 20:09
One thing i don't get it..Blackpool extended Adam's contract with an additional year, did they not?

And in January they asked for 13+ millions for Adam. And now they let him go for 7-9 millions, when they could have had 13-14 in January.

And their reason to not sell him? They thought he could keep them in the Premier League and make them 40+ millions for playing in the Premier League, and not the Championship.

So now they have lost 4-6 millions on his fee. They took a gamble, and lost. We, however, decided to wait. And it paid off. I think I get it now.

They may have beaten us on the pitch. Twice. But we certainly beat them in business.

-CADS-
6-7-11, 20:12
ok who tweeted this???

Not me

LukasBrodolski
6-7-11, 20:14

Probably thought he would help them to stay up, thus earning a bitta $$ by staying in the PL anyway

Look at them now :IN:

ScouseSoxNation
6-7-11, 20:17
Every time i look at Adam, i see Lee Harvey Oswald. Hope he shoots as well for us! :FP:

Acornhead
6-7-11, 20:18
I'm still 50/50 on CA. He needs to improve on his defensive side but he is good on the ball (although I hope he doesn't try too many hollywood balls) and of course on set pieces. The only thing that I hope doesnt happened with this signing is the sale of both Meireles and Aquilani - of course, we have a lot of CM now, and I wouldnt be surprised if both moved on, but we would have so much strength in depth, we could even think of a very realistic title challednge (especially with a reduction of games due to no european football). On the flip side, i also hope the youth players are not too limited by the massive midfielder we seem to have.

KurtAngle
6-7-11, 20:28
I just heard on sky sports news that the price is apparently less than 7 million. Great piece of business if true.

RedGedinLA
6-7-11, 20:29
Looks like Charlie has been taking it easy in the off-season. That gut is getting ready to rival mine. I love the pic where the doc is pinching his lovehandles.

Its serious time now Charlie. Time to dump the deep fried pizza and Tennants. KK will see to that. Can;t wait to see what this guy looks like when he's fit cos he's got legs like tree trunks!

RedGedinLA
6-7-11, 20:30
Guilty :o

Repped for honesty lad...:D

Gervinhosbulbhead
6-7-11, 20:34
that last sentance sounds so gay :o

GordonBennett
6-7-11, 20:35
Every time i look at Adam, i see Lee Harvey Oswald. Hope he shoots as well for us! :FP:

Oswald shot no one.

Can. Worms. Opened.

:)

Alon1
6-7-11, 20:35
Wineformymen is not going to like this.

Oh-Bout-Tree-Fiddy
6-7-11, 20:36
Wineformymen is not going to like this.

ScouseSoxNation
6-7-11, 20:36
Looks like Charlie has been taking it easy in the off-season. That gut is getting ready to rival mine. I love the pic where the doc is pinching his lovehandles.

Its serious time now Charlie. Time to dump the deep fried pizza and Tennants. KK will see to that. Can;t wait to see what this guy looks like when he's fit cos he's got legs like tree trunks!

Kevin Keegan is a Liverpool coach now?

EskilJehn
6-7-11, 20:38
Kevin Keegan is a Liverpool coach now?
King Kenny :p

ScouseSoxNation
6-7-11, 20:38
Oswald shot no one.

Can. Worms. Opened.

:)

I doubt we will ever really know

ScouseSoxNation
6-7-11, 20:40
King Kenny :p

KK will always be Keegan 2 me :P

robbieflowerpot
6-7-11, 20:44
absolute legend

he should go and get juan mata and adam johnson next :P

You've got it all wrong. He's come to play CM, not replace Commolli.

SuperJC23
6-7-11, 20:45
KK will always be Keegan 2 me :P

I had that lol, I was really confused when Dalglish was appointed and people were welcoming back Kevin Keegan.

ScouseSoxNation
6-7-11, 20:48

or Stan Laurel, cant make up my mind:PN:

CharlieManson
6-7-11, 20:49
I just don't know how people this thick get through life.

They go reside in manchester and get through life pretty damn easy.

PurpleKoala
6-7-11, 20:53
You've got it all wrong. He's come to play CM, not replace Commolli.

Pure genius!

RedRichie
6-7-11, 20:58
So is it "Adam" or "Adams"? :confused:

speedy1
6-7-11, 21:03

Not sure I follow this.....
Surely the most similar players are
Meireles and Aqua.....and Henderson
Lucas and Spearing (stepping up to replace Poulsen)
Gerrard and Adam
So the way I see it is that Adam is here to cover for Gerrard and as Stevie is a bit fragile these days KD is probably wanting to protect him to make sure he's available for all the big games.....
I think the problem is that Juve did not buy Aqua which means we have 1 too many players in the style of Meireles and Henderson
people keep talking about cole as CM but really he was more of a replacement for Benny on the wing.......
Our problem is now that we probably have to lose either Raul or Aqua and Raul is more in demand and the older of the two.......
I hate the thought but I do think we will lose one of those two.
Hope I'm wrong......

Graggster
6-7-11, 21:18
With the signing of Adam i can see Gerrard being played with caution in hope to keep him playing as long as possible.

CharlieManson
6-7-11, 21:20
I see it as gerrard & adam either side in a 4-3-3, johnson and kelly as wing backs, lucas as the holding mid and suarez, carroll and kuyt up front, this has to be the best bet. If we get Downing it will change that idea completely.

ForkHandles
6-7-11, 21:53
There is no fixed formation or starting line-up, Kenny will just mix and match with whoever's the better option at the time, waste of time speculating.

Welcome Charlie Adomso, very pleased you've joined.

Whatusmoking
6-7-11, 21:55
Welcome to LFC C.Adam. Hope you have a long and successful stay here. look forward to your set pieces and through balls already.

:scarf:scarf

Sneets
6-7-11, 21:58
There is no fixed formation or starting line-up, Kenny will just mix and match with whoever's the better option at the time, waste of time speculating.

Completely agree. There seems to be a need for some posters to allocate rigid positions to each player even though they watched half a season of Dalglish football with maximum fluidity in the team with players interchanging position constantly.

gert9
6-7-11, 21:58
awsome signing, quality premier league player, strength in depth, KK has it spot on so far. The combination of young talent and experienced quality players to guide them, has been UTD's way since the premier league began and look where its got them. welcome Charlie Adam.:scarf:scarf

RedGedinLA
6-7-11, 21:59
that last sentance sounds so gay :o

You're only gay if you think it but can't write it...;)

Flush
6-7-11, 22:00
Ah. Ok. Thread has no pics.

EDIT: Ah, ok they're up on the site. My bad.

Buzz-Cagney
6-7-11, 22:04

Exactly this

ForkHandles
6-7-11, 22:05
Completely agree. There seems to be a need for some posters to allocate rigid positions to each player even though they watched half a season of Dalglish football with maximum fluidity in the team with players interchanging position constantly.

Exactly, better to look at it as we now have a choice of whoevers available on the day out of Adam, Mereiles, Gerrard, Lucas, Spearing, Henderson, Cole, Aquilani and Shelvey, which is a comprehensive list of different options.

JohnBarnesJnr
6-7-11, 22:06
This guy is going to set up A LOT of goals.

Stan85
6-7-11, 22:08
This guy is going to set up A LOT of goals.

Adam whips a corner into the box, bang! Carroll heads it in! :scarf

que-sera-sera
6-7-11, 22:11
very good player,tried and tested in the premier league.

Welcome to the best club in the world charlie:scarf

LiverpoolOne
6-7-11, 22:11
The squad options get more exciting with each signing, and there will certainly be more ins and outs before the season starts. Kenny will orchestrate as he see best, and based upon the current challenge facing the team.

I cannot wait to see Kennys plans unfold further and am even more excited to see how these transfer to the pitch. We are in for some season:scarf

YNWA

ForkHandles
6-7-11, 22:15
does the cameraman leave the medical room when the doc cups Adam's balls and asks him to cough?

Em-inLeam
6-7-11, 22:20
Look at the pic

http://assets.liverpoolfc.tv/uploads/2_4e149bfca23a8705252845.jpg

Can anyone see the whiteboard behind the medic? It's got a list of names due in for medicals....if only we could zoom in ...

-Monk-
6-7-11, 22:20
does the cameraman leave the medical room when the doc cups Adam's balls and asks him to cough?

Reported.

I joke (;

:mad:

JohnBarnesJnr
6-7-11, 22:24
90 seconds of Charlie Adam doing what he does best (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uBXztfbUK8).

FINALLY we have a left footer who can take the inswinging corners. Surely Skrtels goa record has gotta improve now.

LivNr9
6-7-11, 22:24
Look at the pic

Can anyone see the whiteboard behind the medic? It's got a list of names due in for medicals....if only we could zoom in ...

There are 10 names on it, really doubt that those are names of people due to do a medical.

ListerOfSmeg
6-7-11, 22:27
Excited Adam is here! :scarf Let's get some quality wingers around for him to spread the play to.

JohnBarnesJnr
6-7-11, 22:28
It's not 10 names it's the 10 injuries Fabio Aurelio is permanently carrying

RyanBabylon
6-7-11, 22:30
God damnit.

0oRallo0
6-7-11, 22:31
There are 10 names on it, really doubt that those are names of people due to do a medical.

academy signings too?

RyanBabylon
6-7-11, 22:33
I don't have anything against Adam, really. I am just disappointed that this presumably means the end of Raul and/or Aquaman.

PurpleKoala
6-7-11, 22:34

damn you got in there first!

19-UNDER-[B-ROD]
6-7-11, 22:34

That's what happens when we've been subjected to rigid formations employed by our last 3 managers combined over the last 11-12 years

Whatusmoking
6-7-11, 22:36
Look at the pic

Probably Degen, Agger, Aurelio and Cole taking up all the slots!!

JohnBarnesJnr
damn you got in there first!

Faster than Fabio can say "ARRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrgh my hamstring!" :D

LiverpoolOne
Look at the pic

Save the pic to your pc and you can then zoom in:rolleyes:

kickthetyres
6-7-11, 22:37

Thats so not funny, its funny :mad::D

GordonBennett
Look at the pic

I can zoom in on the iPhone, it says thurs Downing, Mata sunday and Aguero August the 3rd.

Spooooooof.

'Stim
That's what happens when we've been subjected to rigid formations employed by our last 3 managers combined over the last 11-12 years

The poor souls were almost physically tethered to the spot by the previous manager,or they were too frightened to move. That's one aspect I've always enjoyed from Kenny's management,he does give free roles to more players,giving in return more creation.

ForkHandles
6-7-11, 22:40
I can zoom in on the iPhone, it says thurs Downing, Mata sunday and Aguero August the 3rd.

Spooooooof.

i zoomed in a bit further and it actually says Dindane, Meite and A.Gerro

Spearmint16
6-7-11, 22:41
Well I'm pleased. Very good player and looking forward to seeing him in the team next season.

kickthetyres
6-7-11, 22:42

I zoomed in a bit further but the picture got all Messi :P

Em-inLeam
6-7-11, 22:43

Sounds more realistic :) :scarf

Pepe-Gerrard
6-7-11, 22:45
Finally got some creativity in the centre of the park. Really happy with this signing a truly class player on and off the pitch. Bet rangers are kicking themselves for letting him go for half a mil hahaha

Whatusmoking
6-7-11, 22:46
Just thinking, is this really happening, i thought we were skint and had no money until we sold some deadwood. :FP::FP:

Spearmint16
6-7-11, 22:49
Does anyone know what the fee agreed is?

Em-inLeam
6-7-11, 22:50

Under 7m with 2 youngsters going to them in exchange - I think on loan. One of those is Shelvey.

Whatusmoking
6-7-11, 22:50

I've heard it's 7M plus Shelvey on loan and were paying half his wages

Spearmint16
6-7-11, 22:52
Under 7m with 2 youngsters going to them in exchange - I think on loan. One of those is Shelvey.

That's actually a good deal, happy with that. Adam will be a cracking player for us.

Bit sad to see Jonjo go out on loan, but will do him a lot of good. Still think he's got a future with us.

RedDawn71
6-7-11, 23:20
**** yeah! Nice one Kenny!:scarf

Kloppsbeard
6-7-11, 23:55
Over the moon with this one, total bargain. He is perfect for the British version of tika-taka that Kenny will employ. To translate his Scots "keep the ball lads, like we've always done!" Charlie is strong in addition to his magic left boot. Brilliant signing, will have Bacon Face squirming...:scarf

KimJong-illmatic
7-7-11, 00:14
I think we're assembling the best penalty shootout team in the world.

Gerrard
Kuyt
Adam
Suarez
XXXX

Reina in goal.

PurpleKoala
7-7-11, 00:16

Gerrard
Kuyt
Adam
Suarez
XXXX

Reina in goal.

Carroll - the next Shearer.

Great penalty taker.

KimJong-illmatic
7-7-11, 00:20
Carroll - the next Shearer.

Great penalty taker.

Is he really?

PurpleKoala
7-7-11, 00:21
Is he really?

He's a geordie and got a hammer shot.

That's all I got... :|

Edit: Played for Newcastle I mean.

RedKite
7-7-11, 00:48
In terms of similar players and having depth.

Poulsen and jovanovic taken out and shot, Cole sold, Aquilani sold if possible and Shelvey loaned out, although I think he could play a role.

I reckon the team's 2011/12 formation will be 3-6-1. It will confuse the opposing markers.

OurFinishingBoots
7-7-11, 00:57
Sure do hope we keep Meireles and Aquilani, not only for their talents but for depth. Everyone has mentioned depth is key because we obviously want to make deep cup runs this year too but people tend to forget to mention the Euros next summer as need for extra depth. With important qualifers coming up throughout the next season, many of our big name internationals will need premier league games off due to injuries and fatigue from flying across Europe. This is when the likes of Spearing, Kelly, Flanny, and Henderson will be key.

I am glad we tend to be going after young, British and PL proven talent first as opposed to mega internationals because they will do 3 things: 1) have less of a risk of wanting to leave in their primes to an Italian or Spanish club 2) we won't have to do without them due to qualifiers 3) they are premier league proven which in reality is all we need right now because we have no Europe, so use these players to get us into Europe then next Summer when all of Europe's brightest talents are on display in the Euro's, we'll have scouts there with a fresh new Champions League pitch to recruit players.

I love this club

MaradonaTheGreatest
7-7-11, 01:04
This article sums up Adam perfectly imo.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/blogs/mirror-football-blog/Why-Adam-s-pinpoint-passing-is-going-to-transform-Liverpool-David-Maddock-opinion-article760813.html

FistofRage
7-7-11, 01:05

Actually, it's Poulsen with a Kojak. We're keeping Shelvey and a mop for hair.

Slumdog Mignolet
7-7-11, 02:29
Have you noticed how that Doc who conducts the medicals is always one smartly dressed dude. I can't remember a time when my Doc came out of his little room in his finest Boss suit!

alwaysonside
7-7-11, 03:07
Here's an article I found interesting:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/steve-canavan-the-new-molby-no-hes-fitter-faster-and-slimmer-ndash-but-has-the-same-skill-2307960.html?

Steve Canavan: The new Molby? No, he's fitter, faster and slimmer – but has the same skill

Charlie Adam is being labelled Liverpool's new Jan Molby. Is he? In a word, no.

It's understandable why a few pundits are saying so. Both are carrying what might politely be described as some timber. But the difference is that Adam has a turn of pace which Molby didn't, and it is the reason he has excelled in the hectic, fit-as-a-butcher's-dog modern-day Premier League.

In Molby's day the game was slower. Great player though he was, he had the time and the space to take a good look before zipping a 60-yard pass to John Barnes.

Adam is fitter – he has a big build, like his football-playing dad, but isn't overweight – and stronger. And while his passing range is every inch as good as Molby's, he can drive forward and beat opponents.

He is also in possession of what must be, David Silva aside, one of the best left foots in the Premier League. If Liverpool land Stewart Downing from Aston Villa as well, they will rip opponents to shreds on the left.

I've watched Adam since he first arrived at Blackpool on loan two-and-a-half years ago. Astonishingly he was damaged goods back then. Rangers could not wait to get rid, but no one wanted him. Blackpool only stepped in because then manager Simon Grayson had just quit, the club had lost seven loan players and they desperately needed reinforcements.

They took a gamble on Adam which seemed to have backfired when the Scot became the first Blackpool player sent off on his debut since the 1970s for stamping on an opponent. But he soon won the fans over by scoring the winner against arch-rivals Preston and the club broke the bank – by their standards – when they spent a record 500,000 to sign Adam on a permanent basis in the summer. Barnsley were the only other club to express a vague interest; Adam was still an outcast.

He has gone from zero to hero since, almost single-handedly dragging Blackpool to the Premier League (19 goals from the centre of midfield), then coming within a whisker of keeping them there.

There's an argument that he excels at being a big fish in a small pond, the reason he has been outstanding at Blackpool but failed at Rangers. If that is the case, Liverpool might have a nasty shock in store.

But I don't think so. Adam will succeed. He is a class act, 25-years-old and entering the best years of his career. Playing alongside the likes of world class stars like Steven Gerrard and Luis Suarez can only improve his game.

Aware a move to a top-flight club would happen this summer, Adam has been preparing for the moment. He has spent the close-season not on the beach but in the boxing ring, working with a Blackpool middleweight champion to ensure he's in perfect nick for the new season.

The last midfielder to join Liverpool from Blackpool, in 1967, was a promising young lad by the name of Emlyn Hughes. Adam might not be in that class, but he isn't far behind.

Steve Canavan is the chief football writer for the 'Blackpool Evening Gazette'

-------------------------

Now, I am not suggesting for one moment that Adam should be compared to our greats, but it is a positive article, and God knows they are hard to come by. It certainly offers an interesting perspective from someone who is well acquainted with Adam and his abilities. Good to see the optimism about what I believe is a very good signing. I look forward to seeing how he will be utilised by Kenny, and how he will improve under his guidance.

sfsanj
7-7-11, 03:15
Here's an article I found interesting:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/steve-canavan-the-new-molby-no-hes-fitter-faster-and-slimmer-ndash-but-has-the-same-skill-2307960.html?

Now, I am not suggesting for one moment that Adam should be compared to our greats, but it is a positive article, and God knows they are hard to come by. It certainly offers an interesting perspective. Good to see the optimism about what I believe is a very good signing. I look forward to seeing how he will be utilised by Kenny, and how he will improve under his guidance.

good article, and I am one of those who think he will step up and actually improve (see if I am proved wrong!). Gut feeling is that he's in the a Spackman, Whealan, houghton mold....underated but will prove to be very important squad member during the season. He might never be the star man, but I expect consistent 7/10 performance's from him - which is what we need in the engine room.

And lets not forget, he was Captain of a very entertaining side in Blackpool...

Barnseysleftpeg
7-7-11, 03:18
for those who have watched him regularly does he have any dribbling ability?

67MVP
7-7-11, 03:27
welcome

Badgers123
7-7-11, 03:59
For those questioning where he is going to play I asked Dalglish on the phone yesterday? He said he will be playing in a very similar role to what Xabi Alonso played for us

thats all for now

Syndicato
7-7-11, 06:50

Gerrard
Kuyt
Adam
Suarez
XXXX

Reina in goal.

This actually a very good point

Syndicato
7-7-11, 06:53
for those who have watched him regularly does he have any dribbling ability?

Not much. But he can pass, has a great engine, can take an awesome freekick, has an eye for goal, a hammer of a left peg, is great in the dressing room apparently and has big teeth (I saw them 'close up' when he was on the sofa with Chris Kamara one Sunday morning) and is game for a laugh.

He will do. Big time

Robot_Unicorn
7-7-11, 07:08
charlie adam was a premier league star last season.
not a great tackler or dribbler but superb playmaker.

really looking forward to him this season. :scarf

this first pass never gets boring to watch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fozcaN6_L18

absolutely ridiculous pass

Syndicato
7-7-11, 07:15
charlie adam was a premier league star last season.
not a great tackler or dribbler but superb playmaker.

really looking forward to him this season. :scarf

this first pass never gets boring to watch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fozcaN6_L18

nice vid. He's gonna be much more than alright for us. Great signing

Paulite
7-7-11, 07:21

It doesn't look like he even looked up, I think he just got lucky with that one to be honest, he was just belting it away because 2 players were closing him down.

ForkHandles
7-7-11, 07:43
It doesn't look like he even looked up, I think he just got lucky with that one to be honest, he was just belting it away because 2 players were closing him down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_KIzbktgJk

Paulite
7-7-11, 07:49
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_KIzbktgJk

Why not, he doesn't look up, he doesn't know the player is there, it's a hit and hope pass. I'm not claiming he's a bad player, but that pass isn't evidence of anything other than luck.

keviv6
7-7-11, 07:52
I dont know if many of our fasn have seen this lad play last season.. i watched almost every game of blackpools on tv and he was something else.. he cant play the alonso role, because he doesnt just sit and play football.. besides i dont see man united playing a def midfielder, my guess is we will be playing mainly a 4-3-3 with adam on the left of the 3.. only issue i have with him is his fitness.. after like 65-70 mins of most games he goes missing when it comes to winning the ball back..

ForkHandles
7-7-11, 07:58
Why not, he doesn't look up, he doesn't know the player is there, it's a hit and hope pass. I'm not claiming he's a bad player, but that pass isn't evidence of anything other than luck.

It's called awareness, even if he didn't look up, he was aware that if he hit a ball into that area his teamamate would be breaking to get onto it, he meant to hit it there and executed it exquisitely(sp?). The clearing because he was being closed down suggestion is very wide off the mark.

keviv6
7-7-11, 08:00

??? Your actually quite wrong there.. some players have a look well before they recieve a ball to play a cross field because you know the pass has to be in an area and it will favour the forward rather than the defender with his back to goal.. hence why many players switch the ball immediately.. its not a fluke.. wayne rooney also does it pretty well

Paulite
7-7-11, 08:05
It's called awareness, even if he didn't look up, he was aware that if he hit a ball into that area his teamamate would be breaking to get onto it, he meant to hit it there and executed it exquisitely(sp?). The clearing because he was being closed down suggestion is very wide off the mark.

He didn't look up for ages. You can say he was right to assume a player would be running there, but in theory the winger would be making that run all game long. The thing is, many passes like that just go out of play, because the winger doesn't make the run after all.

Adam had no idea whether the winger was there, he might have hit it with that as a possibility, but it's bull to say he was aware the player was making the run. He had no clue, he didn't look. It was a hit and hope pass that 9 times out of 10 would run out of play.

-Gola-
7-7-11, 08:07

This is why he's just got a big money move to Liverpool and your just sitting on your computer posting crap

He meant that no doubt about it, that didn't take that much awareness to pull off either. Adams awareness is second to none

Paulite
7-7-11, 08:11
This is why he's just got a big money move to Liverpool and your just sitting on your computer posting crap

He meant that no doubt about it, that didn't take that much awareness to pull off either. Adams awareness is second to none

Idiot. He's got a big money move to Liverpool on the basis of one pass, what the **** are you saying?

I know he's a good passer, I'm not disputing his ability here, I'm disputing a single pass which he didn't look for a good 5-6 seconds where the player was running, the winger could easily have stopped that run when Adam looked away and the ball would have gone straight out of play.

Robot_Unicorn
7-7-11, 08:12
man in loud orange shirt in acres of space on the far right + charlie adam = winning

i can see charlie linking up well with suarez

-Gola-
7-7-11, 08:13
He didn't look up for ages. You can say he was right to assume a player would be running there, but in theory the winger would be making that run all game long. The thing is, many passes like that just go out of play, because the winger doesn't make the run after all.

Adam had no idea whether the winger was there, he might have hit it with that as a possibility, but it's bull to say he was aware the player was making the run. He had no clue, he didn't look. It was a hit and hope pass that 9 times out of 10 would run out of play.

That's rather awful again, Adam meant that and has done many similar passes this season, where you think how has he spotted him. This is why there top international players and we aren't.

ForkHandles
7-7-11, 08:15

It's something Blackpool employ, the winger making the run and Adam hitting the ball there for them to make runs onto. Therefore he's aware where the winger is and doesn't need to look up, he just has to get the ball and then pass it there. Why does he need to look up when he already knows where he's got to hit it?

Not many players are capable of the awareness and technique to do it, which is why when the likes of Xavi, Wilshire and Lampard do it, they get highly praised.

Paulite
7-7-11, 08:16
That's rather awful again, Adam meant that and has done many similar passes this season, where you think how has he spotted him. This is why there top international players and we aren't.

Ok, fine, he's the greatest footballer ever, he doesn't even need to look to immediately know where the player is. He just knows where players start each half and mentally works the game out in his head, knowing exactly where the player will run to. He does this with the power of maths, because, you know, maths do stuff like that in Hollywood and the brains of idiots.

Or, he's a decent player, who's had a good season, and he hit that pass hoping it might get to the winger, having no idea where the winger was, or whether he was even running or not. Adam has many talents, but eyes in the back of his head? No.

Robot_Unicorn
7-7-11, 08:18
Ok, fine, he's the greatest footballer ever, he doesn't even need to look to immediately know where the player is. He just knows where players start each half and mentally works the game out in his head, knowing exactly where the player will run to. He does this with the power of maths, because, you know, maths do stuff like that in Hollywood and the brains of idiots.

Or, he's a decent player, who's had a good season, and he hit that pass hoping it might get to the winger, having no idea where the winger was, or whether he was even running or not. Adam has many talents, but eyes in the back of his head? No.

or peripheral vision

-Gola-
7-7-11, 08:20
Idiot. He's got a big money move to Liverpool on the basis of one pass, what the **** are you saying?

I know he's a good passer, I'm not disputing his ability here, I'm disputing a single pass which he didn't look for a good 5-6 seconds where the player was running, the winger could easily have stopped that run when Adam looked away and the ball would have gone straight out of play.

Haha, yeh he's got his moved based on one pass alone, what sort of crack are you smoking this morning. It's about havin the ability and awareness to pull that off, you couldn't and that is what Adam is about.

That's not even one of his better passes of the season either. How do you know Adam couldn't see that player out ofthe corner of his eye, or that he'd looked 15 seconds before he made the pass. The right winger was on the last defender for sometime with WBA playing a really high line. The pass was on for ages it was just a matter of when he got the ball he could execute it.

So do you think that was a clearance then, on the halfway line he'd just smash it to the other side of the pitch out of play. Don't be ridiculous lad

marty-b
7-7-11, 08:20

:FP: :BH: You just love to argue don't you? :D

Target-Man
7-7-11, 08:23

In my opinion, the pass is a lot better for him not looking up.

This is a lesson, I took from Michael Laudrup, a dribbler and playmaker extraordinaire during his time with Cruyff's Barca team: You have to know what you want to do before you get the ball. If you get the ball and then look up, it's already too late.

I'll grant Paultergeist that he might not actually have spotted the winger making the run. But I don't agree that it was a hit and hope pass that would go out of play 9 times out of 10, for the simple reason that this is a Charlie Adam specialty pass - the diagonal pass from deep left to the right wing. The winger knows that too. He knows how accurately Adam can hit it, and he knows that he can hit it first time without looking up, so rather than wait for Adam to look up, he begins his run even before Adam gets the ball.

I haven't watched a lot of Blackpool games myself, but I have been favourably impressed by Adam when I have. But this analysis from a Blackpool blog suggests that the first time pass from deep is something Adam plays regularly.
http://tangerinedreaming.wordpress.com/2011/06/13/charlie-adam-an-honest-appraisal/

It's a perfect pass, because Adam doesn't look up, and because he plays it first time thus not giving the opposition time to close him down competely.

If he had had time to look up and spot the runner, I would not have been impressed.

Maxi-Driver
7-7-11, 08:28
Haha, yeh he's got his moved based on one pass alone, what sort of crack are you smoking this morning. It's about havin the ability and awareness to pull that off, you couldn't and that is what Adam is about.

That's not even one of his better passes of the season either. How do you know Adam couldn't see that player out ofthe corner of his eye, or that he'd looked 15 seconds before he made the pass. The right winger was on the last defender for sometime with WBA playing a really high line. The pass was on for ages it was just a matter of when he got the ball he could execute it.

So do you think that was a clearance then, on the halfway line he'd just smash it to the other side of the pitch out of play. Don't be ridiculous lad

Or when Adam has the ball 95% of the time the winger makes that run so he guessed that he would probably be there and hit the ball.

Robot_Unicorn
7-7-11, 08:29
In my opinion, the pass is a lot better for him not looking up.

This is a lesson, I took from Michael Laudrup, a dribbler and playmaker extraordinaire during his time with Cruyff's Barca team: You have to know what you want to do before you get the ball. If you get the ball and then look up, it's already too late.

I'll grant Paultergeist that he might not actually have spotted the winger making the run. But I don't agree that it was a hit and hope pass that would go out of play 9 times out of 10, for the simple reason that this is a Charlie Adam specialty pass - the diagonal pass from deep left to the right wing. The winger knows that too. He knows how accurately Adam can hit it, and he knows that he can hit it first time without looking up, so rather than wait for Adam to look up, he begins his run even before Adam gets the ball.

I haven't watched a lot of Blackpool games myself, but I have been favourably impressed by Adam when I have. But this analysis from a Blackpool blog suggests that the first time pass from deep is something Adam plays regularly.
http://tangerinedreaming.wordpress.com/2011/06/13/charlie-adam-an-honest-appraisal/

It's a perfect pass, because Adam doesn't look up, and because he plays it first time thus not giving the opposition time to close him down competely.

If he had had time to look up and spot the runner, I would not have been impressed.

its a great pass even if he looked up and took a touch.

but not a ridiculous pass

-Gola-
7-7-11, 08:30

that player was in oceans of space for ages and tbh if i didn't spot that playing at my ****** level id be dissappointed.

Target-Man
7-7-11, 08:31
Or when Adam has the ball 95% of the time the winger makes that run so he guessed that he would probably be there and hit the ball.

That's not guessing. That is football intelligence and teamwork.

-Gola-
7-7-11, 08:37

thats not guessing, thats being an intelligent and aware footballer

im sick of all the thick footballers at are club, that have to look exactly were their gonna pass or have to take seventeen touches before they've spot a pass and then release it.

Thats why im happy with the signing of adam. Its probably why others arent so happy because they just cant see intelligent play when watching a game of football

Scrams
7-7-11, 08:42

Belting the ball away, with that much technique?

Didnt you see the position and shape of his body? Didnt you see the swerve he genereated to execute the pass?

That was one of the best passes of the season.

-Gola-
7-7-11, 08:44

Belting the ball away, with that much technique?

Didnt you see the position and shape of his body? Didnt you see the swerve he genereated to execute the pass?

That was one of the best passes of the season.

it was a clearance what are you on about :D

Scrams
7-7-11, 08:58
it was a clearance what are you on about :D

That's an epic classic. Will go down as the greatest clearance of all time.

Sneets
7-7-11, 09:06
All i know is that I am very glad we signed him at last. We only had two game changers before his purchase and now we have three. That indefinable ability to do the unexpected and pull it off. We have other good players but there has been a lack of imagination and flair that has characterised our football over the past decade. Dalglish is changing that.

PHIL.
7-7-11, 09:32
I think he'll be quality here.

tonylet
7-7-11, 09:37

http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/8790/leecharlie.jpg :D

djskuff
7-7-11, 09:50
Just reported on SSN that he has passed the medical

JohnBarnesJnr
7-7-11, 09:51
Very excited about Adam because I believe he brings some unique weapons to the team, things we just don't possess at the moment:

Inswinging corners from the right
Deadly free kick delivery from right
Goals from direct free kicks from right
Those searching 50 yard diagonal balls from our own half to the wings (Suarez)
Some strength and muscle that Raul is lacking
Because of his ability to sit deep and hit long passes it will release Stevie. It will also mean Lucas can go ball hunting when w are chasing possession.

Lucas and Adam can have a similar dynamic to Xabi and Masch which was top much for most teams.

Midophile
7-7-11, 11:32
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59XGgbPlgFs&feature=feedlik

Also, the guys in the background. :D

runandjump
7-7-11, 11:34
That guy seems to have made a whole youtube channel from cutting bits from SSN :FP:

Stevieq3
7-7-11, 11:45
Does anyone think Charlie Adam looks a bit like Bruce Willis? :o

mr-kaliyuga
7-7-11, 12:31
I know this has been a protracted move - not necessarily Adam's fault at all. But, I am really pleased to have him at LFC. He's a good player & will make his mark in games that players like Maxi or Alonso perhaps didn't always... Away at Stoke in midwinter etc.

He's also a very good free-kick taker. Aurelio doesn't play enough games & Gerrard will not play more than 75% of League games in a season now IMO, so these "possibilities" as Rafa would say, become important.

It's a positive signing.

castaic98
7-7-11, 12:38
can he get his teeth fixed first?

castaic98
7-7-11, 12:39
sorry... as long as he screws man u over its all good

lfcstlouis
7-7-11, 12:47
Hate to be late to the party, but between long work hours and the new baby, I haven't had much time to catch any news. Has the fee been announced yet. I skimmed these pages but nothing caught my eye.

Sorry if it's been said a billion times, but lack of sleep.........

0oRallo0
7-7-11, 12:49
Hate to be late to the party, but between long work hours and the new baby, I haven't had much time to catch any news. Has the fee been announced yet. I skimmed these pages but nothing caught my eye.

Sorry if it's been said a billion times, but lack of sleep.........

Something like 7.5 + two of our players going on loan I think.

castaic98
7-7-11, 12:50
he will come good for us. i cant wait til we start winning again. Laughing in the mancs face.

lfcstlouis
7-7-11, 12:52
Something like 7.5 + two of our players going on loan I think.

Cheers for that. Saves me from doing math to get an average between all the journos reporting anything from 5-13m. Appreciated.

Morsy
7-7-11, 13:38
Just read an article on football365 that Adam has passed his medical and i quote 'Adam becomes the reds second signing of the summer after the arrival of Jordan Henderson for 20 million'

:FP: Seriously why do media outlets insist that we paid this for Henderson when we clearly didn't??

Vladtheimpaler
7-7-11, 15:04
Same way The Guardian constantly reported Torres' fee as 26.5 million - they can't be bothered to get it right.