PDA

View Full Version : Nextgen Series: Exciting

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

onlythebestLiverpool
20-7-11, 14:17
came across this and now its confirmed. Really exciting to see how our youngsters match up to the rest.

imo, we should be one of the fews up there

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/nextgen-series-dates-confirmed

riacan
20-7-11, 14:19
That will be interesting indeed, wonder how they'd do against the Barca youngsters?

truthreds
20-7-11, 14:20
is that the youth champion league that they were talking about last season??

prredhouse
20-7-11, 14:21
Could pick up a few gems too along the way!

Dashmundo
20-7-11, 14:21
came across this and now its confirmed. Really exciting to see how our youngsters match up to the rest.

imo, we should be one of the fews up there

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/nextgen-series-dates-confirmed

The more "competitive" games our youngsters get to test themselves with, the better.

The Europe-wide standard of youngsters can only improve with this. To be honest, it should have probably been implemented even earlier, but I'm glad it's now here. The youngsters will test themselves adapting to the playing styles of these different countries - the brand of "youth football" must be far less "physical-and-pace related" than in England, surely.

onlythebestLiverpool
20-7-11, 14:28
http://www.nextgenseries.com/what-is-nextgen.php

seems like they will be playing at least 1 games within Anfield itself :scarf

but weird since there seem to be a couple of games missing within each group. probably because the venue not that confirmed

REDmontonOilers
20-7-11, 15:05
unbelievably excited by this, and it means more footy to watch. having said that, how are they going to seed it in future? will lower prem youth teams have a chance at competing in it or is it just for the giants of europe?

slimman
20-7-11, 15:12
This is going to be so good.

Really looking forward to this.

Carramac
20-7-11, 16:42
Really looking forward to this ! Just keeping my fingers crossed either LFCTV or ESPN are showing the games !! ;)

jambags
20-7-11, 16:44
great stuff!been looking forward to this starting!

its a fantastic concept, to have our academy players gaining european experience!!

funnily enough, what it means is, by the end of this seaosn, our academy players will have more euro experience than the likes of Henderson, Downing etc!!

40Yarder
20-7-11, 16:53
Hopefully we play Barca in the final. ;):scarf

AndyDaavison
23-7-11, 12:47
For some reason I'm really excited about the upcoming NextGen Series which is the brainchild of the Brentford sporting director (shows that great ideas can go a long way).

Rules are that you can play all players 19 and under and 3 players aged 20 and I got to thinking what our best line-up could be:

So......

Belford

Flanno Wisdom Wilson Robinson

Coady Shelvey

Silva Suso Sterling

Morgan or Ngoo

Suspect that this team could dominate! Back four looks seriously solid and with Coady and Shelvey bossing midfield, the three Ss causing havoc and Ngoo/Morgan displaying their prowess in front of goal I'm sure we'd be a real force!

The thought of this crop of seriously talented youngsters growing into a team together is a prospect that should delight any red!

I suppose that's the reason I'm excited!!!

YNWA

-Rianaldo-
23-7-11, 13:13
Adorjan instead of Silva and Suso on the wing.

SufferUntoTheLucas
23-7-11, 13:23
absolutely brilliant idea, see how our youngster can fair up to europes.
any idea if it'l b on tv or available for streaming?

AndyDaavison
23-7-11, 13:26
TV coverage not announced as yet.....hopeful that LFC TV will show our home matches at least.

I do rate Adorjan, Silva might give us a tad more width than Adorjan or Suso who both seem to prefer central no.10 role.

Seems odd that Manure and Arse haven't entered teams...

SufferUntoTheLucas
23-7-11, 13:30
i hope LFC TV do show it would be great.

Just looking at that possible line up makes me giggles with excitement, good future ahead of us with those players, especially adam morgan, his finishing is class.

XabiLove
23-7-11, 13:30
I agree with Adorjan over Silva, otherwise the team looks good to me.

Think it will be touch and go whether Kenny lets the likes of Flanno, Robinson and Shelvey drop down though.

AndyDaavison
23-7-11, 13:43
I agree with Adorjan over Silva, otherwise the team looks good to me.

Think it will be touch and go whether Kenny lets the likes of Flanno, Robinson and Shelvey drop down though.

Only a few midweek games....can't see it doing much harm considering the senior players we now have at our disposal.

Robinson at most will be back up LB this season.
Flanno must be behind GJ and Kelly for RB.
Shelvey likely to be a fair way down the pecking order for cm.

LawrenceOwen
27-7-11, 11:37
sounds interesting

will the games be pay on the gate at anfield or will be tickets

Istanpooltim
27-7-11, 11:48
Might be a useful way of blooding Martin Kelly at Centre back? I know we have the mighty Wisdon/Sama partnership, but with injuries I'd like to see how Kelly plays at CB.
Surely Ayala will get games too?

Belford
Kelly Wisdom Sama Robinson
--Coady
Silva Adjoran Sterling
Suso
------Morgan

Groanfield
27-7-11, 11:52
This sounds really interesting. Any links to anything related?

RedKite
27-7-11, 12:21
Seems odd that Manure and Arse haven't entered teams...

Isn't it by invitation?

RedKite
27-7-11, 12:23
Only a few midweek games....can't see it doing much harm considering the senior players we now have at our disposal.

Robinson at most will be back up LB this season.
Flanno must be behind GJ and Kelly for RB.
Shelvey likely to be a fair way down the pecking order for cm.

Flanno could be ahead of Robinson for LB.

AndyDaavison
27-7-11, 13:18
Might be a useful way of blooding Martin Kelly at Centre back? I know we have the mighty Wisdon/Sama partnership, but with injuries I'd like to see how Kelly plays at CB.
Surely Ayala will get games too?

Belford
Kelly Wisdom Sama Robinson
--Coady
Silva Adjoran Sterling
Suso
------Morgan

Ayala unfortuantely is too old....

AndyDaavison
27-7-11, 13:20
Flanno could be ahead of Robinson for LB.

Sort of agree given selections towards the end of the season....my thinking is along the lines of round pegs etc.

AndyDaavison
27-7-11, 13:20
This sounds really interesting. Any links to anything related?

http://www.nextgenseries.com/index.php

Groanfield
27-7-11, 13:27
Cheers mate. Brentford are my local team so when you mentioned they were the brains behind it. I was like... :eek:

I guess the Brentford Development Squad that drew 4-4 with the Liverpool Reserves last week aren't considered 'elite' enough... :mad:

Jay-Cutlers-Thumb
27-7-11, 13:49
Really hope this is shown on LFCTV, would be great to watch.

Istanpooltim
27-7-11, 13:53
Ayala unfortuantely is too old....

Really.......I'd never has guessed, although he has been with us nearly as long as El Zhar I suppose. Hmm, more opportunities for Kelly then!

What about the forgotten men, Amoo, Eccleston, Ince(if not on loan) etc any of then the right age?

way67p
27-7-11, 15:08
martin kelly is to old for this competetion as he is 21 years old already. david amoo and nathan eccleston will be 21 by the end of the year aswell.

i can't wait the august 17th when we will kick off the nextgen series at anfield aganist sporting lisbon.

SweetSilverSeven
27-7-11, 15:15
I would prefer...

BELFORD
FLANNAGAN--WISDOM--WILSON--SMITH
COADY--SUSO
SILVA--ADORJAN--STERLING
NGOO/MORGAN

I would choose smith, as I believe that he is a bright prospect, and we will have only TWO senior LB (one of which will be young robbo), and will have at least Johnson and Kelly as options at RB, if flanno were to play in this tournament

With Suso/Adorjan - two of our more brighter prospects - now in the same squad (last year adorjan was with the U18s, whilst Suso in reserves), Suso will probably play in CM regularly in the reserve league games, and therefore, it's important to keep as much of a similar first team as possible throughout the euros games too (again, same situation with robbo/smith). Plus, we don't wanna disrupt any of our TOP youth talent's progression for young lads who are already involved in senior level as that wouldn't be fair, as this is what these lads are trying to achieve themselves. However, the others will probably be involved in the squad tho

But WOW!! ...Just look at the ray of talents that are there - we've got a good chance! :scarf

Especially looking forward to a potential clash against the Barca youngsters :scarf

way67p
27-7-11, 15:26
the 11 i would pick is:-
BELFORD
FLANAGAN---WISDOM---WILSON---ROBINSON
COADY---SUSO
SILVA---ADORJAN---STERLING
MORGAN/NGOO

elzsam
27-7-11, 15:58
Well we are about to find out how good these guys actually are or maybe/not...of course relative to the best in Europe.

I think we will be in for a shock. I do not think we have one midfielder or forward in our u19 or u18 who will ultimately make it as an elite player.

AndyDaavison
27-7-11, 18:43
Really.......I'd never has guessed, although he has been with us nearly as long as El Zhar I suppose. Hmm, more opportunities for Kelly then!

What about the forgotten men, Amoo, Eccleston, Ince(if not on loan) etc any of then the right age?

All of those guys apart from maybe Ince the younger are too old.

AndyDaavison
27-7-11, 18:47
Well we are about to find out how good these guys actually are or maybe/not...of course relative to the best in Europe.

I think we will be in for a shock. I do not think we have one midfielder or forward in our u19 or u18 who will ultimately make it as an elite player.

Why so negative?!

Suso, Coady, Robinson, Flanno, Wisdom, Sterling and Shelvey all have huge potential!!!

Of them all I see Coady, Robinson, Shelvey and Sterling (especially) as being top level pros (providing their development continues at the current pace)!

The coaches that brought through the golden boys of barca are looking after them so no reason why not.

AndyDaavison
27-7-11, 18:50
I would prefer...

BELFORD
FLANNAGAN--WISDOM--WILSON--SMITH
COADY--SUSO
SILVA--ADORJAN--STERLING
NGOO/MORGAN

I would choose smith, as I believe that he is a bright prospect, and we will have only TWO senior LB (one of which will be young robbo), and will have at least Johnson and Kelly as options at RB, if flanno were to play in this tournament

With Suso/Adorjan - two of our more brighter prospects - now in the same squad (last year adorjan was with the U18s, whilst Suso in reserves), Suso will probably play in CM regularly in the reserve league games, and therefore, it's important to keep as much of a similar first team as possible throughout the euros games too (again, same situation with robbo/smith). Plus, we don't wanna disrupt any of our TOP youth talent's progression for young lads who are already involved in senior level as that wouldn't be fair, as this is what these lads are trying to achieve themselves. However, the others will probably be involved in the squad tho

But WOW!! ...Just look at the ray of talents that are there - we've got a good chance! :scarf

Especially looking forward to a potential clash against the Barca youngsters :scarf

I would agree re. Smith if there was more games in this competition, however there are only 6 to start off with and are played midweek so as we're not in a senior european competition this might assist the development of top youngsters like Robbo.

Tots agree regarding the potential for future stars!

-Bodie-
27-7-11, 18:51
When does this start?

Eddes
27-7-11, 18:53
None of the first team squad are going to play in that competition, you can forget players like Flanagan and Robinson, i guarantee it will be made up of the under 18's

18ANDCOUNTING
16-8-11, 13:11
I can't find a thread with this in mind so I was wondering if we could open one to keep track of the full Gen Series as this is all to do with our future players .
Do we know what the 18 team squad is going to be yet ?

I have to say I can't wait for this . Kind of a mini Champions League .

JoeRedLabo
16-8-11, 13:39
Yeah this should be good, a chance for the youngsters to progress agains technically very good players from big clubs across europe.

An we have alot of promising players who can shine in it.

Aggers-Elbow
16-8-11, 13:48
Looking forward to this, gonna pop down to Anfield tomorrow I reckon. Would be nice if Sterling, Suso and Morgan play but I doubt it. Hope Nacho is involved too

onlythebestLiverpool
16-8-11, 14:54
set-it up before when the schedules were first announced.

http://forums.liverpoolfc.tv/showthread.php?t=263614

Alpha Papa
16-8-11, 14:58
Psyched for this. Sporting Lisbon first.

Doesn't it cost a fair few quid to take these kiddies all over Europe though?

Alpha Papa
16-8-11, 15:00
I'm psyched (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzK2R1traXY)

18ANDCOUNTING
16-8-11, 15:17
set-it up before when the schedules were first announced.

http://forums.liverpoolfc.tv/showthread.php?t=263614

Oops . Sorry about that . Thanks for the update !

18ANDCOUNTING
16-8-11, 15:19
Psyched for this. Sporting Lisbon first.

Doesn't it cost a fair few quid to take these kiddies all over Europe though?

I think that's one of the benefits of having owners that see the big picture . Investing on the youngsters to travel around Europe playing a higher calibre of football can only enhance their development . I honestly don't think we could have entered this without them .

18ANDCOUNTING
16-8-11, 15:21
Gonna bump this as is the excitment of tomorrow's match !
Come on the mini reds :scarf

18ANDCOUNTING
16-8-11, 15:21
Mods please merge or delete as appropiate .

Addihash
16-8-11, 19:41
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/comolli-relishing-nextgen-start

Really looking forward to this tomorrow night - great idea.

It'll be really interesting to see how Rodolfo Borrell's boys measure up against the youth set ups of other top European teams - you never know, a match up against Barcas' youngsters could be on the cards....

More about NextGen:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/aug/16/nextgen-series-youth-senior-football

Yankfield
16-8-11, 20:53
Tix are cheap as well,

LHunter
16-8-11, 20:55
Looking forward to it.

jamiechloe
16-8-11, 20:56
Is it on TV or website

Addihash
16-8-11, 21:03
Is it on TV or website

Both. :scarf

naturalskill
16-8-11, 22:02
Both. :scarf

excellent

40Yarder
16-8-11, 22:50
Are the other top teams from England in this?

United, Arsenal et all.

LiverpoolsFinest
16-8-11, 22:55
Are the other top teams from England in this?

United, Arsenal et all.

Ourselves, Tottenham, Man City and Aston Villa.
Celtic are also taking part.

Anfield707
16-8-11, 22:56
check out the official website for more info on the tournament.

http://www.nextgenseries.com/

great to see our club so heavily involved in it. should be exciting to wathch and great to see how the young reds do against europes other youngsters.

hope the tournament takes off and we see it expand in future.

Batsman
16-8-11, 23:04
Anyone want to suggest a team they'd like to see play?

It will be interesting to see how we line up in this tomorrow. The youth cup team of last year I suppose, any changes anyone would like to see?

jakesing
17-8-11, 02:32
What's the age limit? I had read somewhere that it's U19, which would enable Flanno and Robinson to play. Anyone know?

jakesing
17-8-11, 02:40
Yeah, it is U19, I believe.

Belford
Flanno - Wisdom - Wilson - Robinson

Coady - Shelvey

Sterling - Suso - Silva

Morgan

Seems like a strong team.

slimman
17-8-11, 04:12
I'm really really looking forward to this competition.

The fact that we can test ourselves against some of the best academies and football clubs in Europe for this age group is fantastic.

C'Mon the mini-REDS :scarf

KirkbyToCanada
17-8-11, 08:10
Now I know this is a reserve game, but is anyone else's mouth watering at the prospect of seeing some of our top young players, and potential stars, play against some of the world's best young talent?

Personally, I have never found myself eager to watch a reserve game, but with our recent flourish of exciting talent in our youth team, I find myself thinking more and more about these games.

Tomorrow, I'm hoping to see Raheem Sterling get a run out. He has proven to have tons of potential.

Anyone else excited as I am for this new competition, and who do you hope to see play?

No Angel
17-8-11, 08:11
Now I know this is a reserve game, but is anyone else's mouth watering at the prospect of seeing some of our top young players, and potential stars, play against some of the world's best young talent?

Personally, I have never found myself eager to watch a reserve game, but with our recent flourish of exciting talent in our youth team, I find myself thinking more and more about these games.

Tomorrow, I'm hoping to see Raheem Sterling get a run out. He has proven to have tons of potential.

Anyone else excited as I am for this new competition, and who do you hope to see play?

Yip really looking foward to this.....

Edinburgher
17-8-11, 08:36
I think its brilliant and we are truly the founding member of this enterprise. I just hope the fans turn out in numbers for it.

Sawyenara
17-8-11, 08:42
Cannot wait. I think I'll be one of the only Aussie's getting up in the small hours to watch the likes of Raheem, Suso & Morgan live on my LFC.tv subscription!! Us die hard Reds fans really are all around the world you know :scarf

Any news on potential squad? For example, is Jack Robinson or Flano going to get a run. They'd smash this now after their experience in the first team. Jonjo Shelvey? Bueno? Nacho? Danny Wilson?

Cannot wait

KirkbyToCanada
17-8-11, 08:46
Cannot wait. I think I'll be one of the only Aussie's getting up in the small hours to watch the likes of Raheem, Suso & Morgan live on my LFC.tv subscription!! Us die hard Reds fans really are all around the world you know :scarf

Any news on potential squad? For example, is Jack Robinson or Flano going to get a run. They'd smash this now after their experience in the first team. Jonjo Shelvey? Bueno? Nacho? Danny Wilson?

Cannot wait

No idea, what I do know is that we had 6 players present in the England u17 team at the world cup. I can imagine we would be throwing some of those lads into the mix.

omowp
17-8-11, 08:49

Cannot wait

Likewise. Am quite excited as I havent seen much of the academy live. :scarf

SoundoftheLark
17-8-11, 08:54
It's a great idea looking forward to seeing some of the most gifted players from around Europe.

Curdin55
17-8-11, 10:22
I haven't seen anywhere on the page which players are in the squad. Do you guys have any information? Flanagan played against Sunderland so I imagine that he's not in the squad, but we still have players like Shelvey,Wilson, Suso and Coady.

Possible line-up:

--------------Belford------------------
(Flanno)---Wisdom---Wilson---Robinson
--Silva----Shelvey---Coady---Sterling--
----------------Suso------------------
---------------Morgan-----------------

CARRA23
17-8-11, 10:30
--------------Belford------------------
Wisdom---Regan---Wilson---Smith ( Unless he is still injured )
--Silva----Shelvey---Coady---Sterling--
----------------Suso------------------
---------------Morgan-----------------

Nickywicky
17-8-11, 10:32
Anyone know what tv channel it's on?

CARRA23
17-8-11, 10:33
anyone know what tv channel it's on?

lfc tv

foreverred-1973
17-8-11, 10:33
anyone know what tv channel it's on?

lfctv

Carravaggio
17-8-11, 10:45
Aren't Shelvey and Wilson too old?

bergersam
17-8-11, 10:54

Yeah, is U19 not the reserve team. Adorjan should be in the starting 11 too along with Suso, Silva and Sterling..

Nickywicky
17-8-11, 10:57
lfctv

Cheers,is it not on normal tele though? Itv4 or something like that?

Carravaggio
17-8-11, 10:59
Yeah, is U19 not the reserve team. Adorjan should be in the starting 11 too along with Suso, Silva and Sterling..

Clever player, Adorjan.

TheKingsMen
17-8-11, 11:01
You're allowed 3 U20s I think, so Shelvey could potentially play, as could Danny Wilson.

CharlieManson
17-8-11, 11:04
How much are the tickets and can you pay on the gate?

Carravaggio
17-8-11, 11:07
How much are the tickets and can you pay on the gate?

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/nextgen-tickets-update

CharlieManson
17-8-11, 11:09
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/nextgen-tickets-update

cheers mate, jusyt been searching the website and couldnt find it. thanks.

BeautifulHistory
17-8-11, 11:14

are there still 19?

BohemianBuachaill
17-8-11, 11:43
Are Nacho and that american lad (cant think of his name) in the squad?

Aggers-Elbow
17-8-11, 16:17
Many people going tonight?

cravenz
17-8-11, 16:31
Might stay up for this depending on our line-up. If anyone gets news of the starting line-up, I'd be grateful :)

Alpha Papa
17-8-11, 16:34
WHere are you from Cravenz?

I'm going to rush out of work early and get home to my couch and LFC.tv. I already get in enough trouble from the g/f for watching the 1st team, I don't think a mid-week trip to Anfield won't go down too well.

Aggers-Elbow
17-8-11, 16:35

I'm going to rush out of work early and get home to my couch and LFC.tv. I already get in enough trouble from the g/f for watching the 1st team, I don't think a mid-week trip to Anfield won't go down too well.

Bring the missus then, it's only a fiver! :D

0oRallo0
17-8-11, 16:35
Looking forward to this. Deciding to either head up or watch on telly.

GordonBennett
17-8-11, 16:36
Plan on watching this and then El Clasico.

cravenz
17-8-11, 16:36

:D

I'm from Singapore, but I'm currently in Perth, Western Australia (same time zone; it is now 2336hrs) pursuing my bachelors. I presume you are in the UK? Which part?

Alpha Papa
17-8-11, 16:46

I'm from Singapore, but I'm currently in Perth, Western Australia (same time zone; it is now 2336hrs) pursuing my bachelors. I presume you are in the UK? Which part?

My time is split between Lpool and London (need to be there most weeks for work).

I feel your pain though. Spent 4 months working in Sydney from Feb-May 2009. Trying to watch our title charge was *********** impossible. I was sitting in minging clubs on George Street every Saturday night from midnight-4am watching the games.

And then there was CL, which meant I needed to get out of bed at 4:30am on work days. Not cool....

jakesing
17-8-11, 16:48
Looking forward to this. Deciding to either head up or watch on telly.

Oh how I wish I lived in Liverpool. I'd be there in a flash. :(

cravenz
17-8-11, 16:49
My time is split between Lpool and London (need to be there most weeks for work).

I feel your pain though. Spent 4 months working in Sydney from Feb-May 2009. Trying to watch our title charge was *********** impossible. I was sitting in minging clubs on George Street every Saturday night from midnight-4am watching the games.

And then there was CL, which meant I needed to get out of bed at 4:30am on work days. Not cool....

I've been doing it all my life :(

I tend not to miss matches the last few years. In the past, because in Singapore it is mandatory to enlist in national service, I missed matches. Other than that, CL matches were always around 2 - 4 am for me and such a pain when schooling, so more often than not, I had to give it a skip when I was younger. I can't wait till I actually make the trek down to Anfield. I've been around, but not for an actual match. Hopefully once I grad, after a couple of years, I can head back and if my brother is still in the UK, grab him for a match, and meet up with the forum lads. :)

Alpha Papa
17-8-11, 16:57
I've been doing it all my life :(

I tend not to miss matches the last few years. In the past, because in Singapore it is mandatory to enlist in national service, I missed matches. Other than that, CL matches were always around 2 - 4 am for me and such a pain when schooling, so more often than not, I had to give it a skip when I was younger. I can't wait till I actually make the trek down to Anfield. I've been around, but not for an actual match. Hopefully once I grad, after a couple of years, I can head back and if my brother is still in the UK, grab him for a match, and meet up with the forum lads. :)

Nice. Good luck with the plan. Perth ain't got nothing on Liverpool anyway ;)

VisionBeliefAmbition
17-8-11, 17:48
it says on LFC TV, but there isn't

fy7reds
17-8-11, 17:49
What game?

VisionBeliefAmbition
17-8-11, 17:50
oh my fault..it is at 6:30 :FP:

fy7reds
17-8-11, 17:53
Ah that game. :D

GiorgosCarraGoonies
17-8-11, 17:58
oh my fault..it is at 6:30 :FP:

It is indeed

cravenz
17-8-11, 18:31
Our match build up has started; Neil Mellor at the ground.

slimman
17-8-11, 18:33
Our match build up has started; Neil Mellor at the ground.

He seems to do a few of these lately.

waiting for some team news now

smithjimbojones
17-8-11, 18:35
Team is Belford, Wisdom, Robinson, Sama, McGiveron, Coady, Sterling, Shelvey, Morgan, Suso, Silva

subs: Rafferty, Stephens (GK), Adorjan, King, Roddan, Ngoo, Hajdu

this is from the LFC Twitter

GiorgosCarraGoonies
17-8-11, 18:37
Very strong team. No Nacho or Villyan though

slimman
team:

1. Belford
2. Wisdom
3. Jack Robinson
4. Sama
5. McGiveron
6. Coady
7. Sterling
8. Shelvey
9. Morgan
10. Suso
11. Silva

Seems like we mean business with that team.

Anfield707
Strong team!! come on the young reds!!!! :scarf

Hobbes.
17-8-11, 18:39
Has Raheem grown a Meireles hair cut?

Curdin55
17-8-11, 18:39
The team looks very strong. Shelvey, Suso, Sterling and Morgan. I'm absolutely looking forward to the start of the game. Hopefully we can't start with a win
C'mon lads :scarf:scarf:scarf

Klopportunity
17-8-11, 18:40
I'm almost looking forward to this as much as the match on Saturday. Great idea for a new tournament and I'm looking forward to tonight's match.

Scrams
17-8-11, 18:40
Looking forward to this.

Suso Sterling and Silva floating behind Morgan. Incredible talent.

slimman
17-8-11, 18:43
Looking forward to this.

Suso Sterling and Silva floating behind Morgan. Incredible talent.

well we all seem to think so, but we'll see what they are like against some of the best academies and clubs out there.

WindyShepherdHenderson
17-8-11, 18:44
That team is very strong. It'll be interesting to see what happens if we get smashed.

WineForMyMen
Shelvey :confused:

Thought this was a u-19s tournament?

Shame that Adorjan can't find a starting place, but there's just so much talent in that attack. CB isn't the strongest, but otherwise that team would give anyone a match at this level.

Just gutted I'm not still in Liverpool because I'd definitely pay a fiver to watch this. Have been excited about it all summer :scarf

Kloppette
Nice to see Jonjo getting a game, if he does well in this tourny it could help him along.
Looking forward to seeing Sterling though !

Scrams
17-8-11, 18:45
well we all seem to think so, but we'll see what they are like against some of the best academies and clubs out there.

Its more how we operate as a team, but the talent is there for all to see.

TheFanView
17-8-11, 18:45
Hmm shouldn't this be on now??

WineForMyMen
17-8-11, 18:46

Yep. Sink or float. The next 90 minutes will really test the reality behind the hype that we've all been giving this bunch of players.

LordJamieOfCarragher
17-8-11, 18:46

Shame that Adorjan can't find a starting place, but there's just so much talent in that attack. CB isn't the strongest, but otherwise that team would give anyone a match at this level.

Just gutted I'm not still in Liverpool because I'd definitely pay a fiver to watch this. Have been excited about it all summer :scarf

Found this

All players must be born on or after January 1st 1993 although 3 players are allowed who are born on or after January 1st 1992.

slimman
17-8-11, 18:47
Its more how we operate as a team, but the talent is there for all to see.

this is what is so compelling. Going to be very good competition.

Emilvang
17-8-11, 18:47
Hmm shouldn't this be on now??

15 minutes. Buildup is on now.

InsomniacOlympics
17-8-11, 18:48
7PM kick off. Can't wait! :scarf

SweetSilverSeven

Anyone who's born 1993 and onwards is allowed, plus 3 from 1992 and onwards

Shelvy's 19 isn't he?

TheFanView
15 minutes. Buildup is on now.

Can't find it on the live match coverage or any of the other live feeds.

cravenz
17-8-11, 18:49
Did he just say that their team just won the last match 10-2? :eek: :p

cravenz
17-8-11, 18:49

On the LFC.tv channel mate.

Scrams
17-8-11, 18:50
this is what is so compelling. Going to be very good competition.

For sure. I hope we stamp our authority on it. Gonna be interesting to see how we cope.

LordJamieOfCarragher
17-8-11, 18:50

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/video/LFC-TV/

SweetSilverSeven
17-8-11, 18:51
Very strong team. No Nacho or Villyan though

They're in the U18s

Emilvang
17-8-11, 18:52
Gonna be a tough match for the lads.

SweetSilverSeven
17-8-11, 18:53
I wish I was there :(

CrimsonFury88
17-8-11, 18:53
The King is speaking......... and then the signal cuts out :O

Shocking from the LFC TV Channel :FP:

InsomniacOlympics
17-8-11, 18:54
They're in the U18s

Isn't Villyan at GENK? He was loaned out.

WineForMyMen
Found this

Anyone who's born 1993 and onwards is allowed, plus 3 from 1992 and onwards

Shelvy's 19 isn't he?

Cheers. (in my head I always have him a year older than he actually is ;)).

Well the lad needs games and in that specific position we haven't really had a young star for a while. Duran and Poloskei looked good before injury. Roddan and Roberts are tidy without showing much more yet. Just hope Jonjo doesn't deem it a step down in terms of his progression.

Can honestly see the likes of Suso eventually sitting deeper and playing in that role because we just have so so many players at the club that can play behind the no. 9. (Suarez, Gerrard, Aquilani, Kuyt, Cole, Maxi, Pacheco, Meireles, Suso, Adorjan, Dunn, Nacho, Bijiev and Morgan can both play there aswell as no.9, Bueno if we actually sign him)

Scrams
Kenny saying he dont understand the logic of the tournament :confused:

Roshi98
17-8-11, 18:55
Given where the first team is with our CB's I'm very interested to see what some of the young talent in Reserves along the back have to offer.

Shauninho
Villyan is on loan at genk yes

Red-Man-Walking
The team line-up is crazy...bags of potential in the side.

:scarf minutes away from kick-off.

cravenz
Mellor for some odd reason, reminds me a fair bit of Stevie G in his mannerisms

Farontaur
So excited about this - and what a team that looks to be! Like others have said above though, this is the kind of test our academy need to really recognise how we're doing in terms of progress in comparison to the top youth academies around Europe. Should be a great match!

InsomniacOlympics
17-8-11, 18:56

He meant the U20 WC and It's timing.

Roshi98

Feed cut out on my end during KK's comments. Didn't seem he was heading in the direction you say when the transmission ended - he seemed to be saying this was a great opportunity for the youngsters. Did he go a different direction after that?

Farontaur

Think he was talking about the U20 World Cup, which I see the point. The timing has resulted in for example, Pacheco not being available for pre-season or our first few games.

SweetSilverSeven
17-8-11, 18:57
Mellor for some odd reason, reminds me a fair bit of Stevie G in his mannerisms

Don't say that!! :eek::eek:
He's a Manc!

slimman
17-8-11, 18:58
For sure. I hope we stamp our authority on it. Gonna be interesting to see how we cope.

:fc:

InsomniacOlympics
17-8-11, 18:58
Don't say that!! :eek::eek:
He's a Manc!

Isn't he from Sheffield?

cravenz
17-8-11, 18:59
don't say that!! :eek::eek:
He's a manc!

:in: :d

SweetSilverSeven
17-8-11, 19:00

He said he doesn't understand the logic of international SUMMER tournaments!
Coz the play all through the summer wothout break, and it doesn't help them for the national team

and I agree

jakesing
I'm surprised there aren't more fans!

Red-And-Proud
Rafa would have loved this!

FinnanFOREngland
Is it the top 2 from each group that qualifies does anyone know?

cravenz
17-8-11, 19:01
Apparently Sporting's number 7, Bruma, is one to watch for the future.

Oakryrch
Nice attacking side out there tonight. Should be good to see how they match up against a side who have one of the best youth set-ups in the world.

Alpha Papa
I bet they don't like it up them.

SweetSilverSeven
17-8-11, 19:02
Come On Lads :scarf :scarf :scarf

Eggz
Got the beers and smokes ready
Gonna love this

Oakryrch
Is it the top 2 from each group that qualifies does anyone know?

Correct. The top 2 from each group qualify to the knockout stages in the next round.

Farontaur
Robinson to have the first 45mins apparently. Really excited to see Shelvey and Coady in midfield.

cravenz
17-8-11, 19:03
Come on you reds! :scarf

SweetSilverSeven
17-8-11, 19:03
I bet they don't like it up them.

Our youth lads arent' anything like that :rolleyes:

Go on Connor! :IN:

FidelC
17-8-11, 19:04
is the match online? on lfc tv?

CrimsonFury88
Seeing this... I can't help but feel that Flanagan should have played at RB tonight and we should've used Kelly at RB vs Sunderland.

Scrams
He meant the U20 WC and It's timing.

:FP: My bad. I mis-understood.

cravenz
17-8-11, 19:05
is the match online? on lfc tv?

It is on LFC.tv which can be viewed online as well: http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/video/LFC-TV/

SusoFernandez
17-8-11, 19:06
Suso plays alongside Coady and Shelvey behind Morgan

cravenz
Sterling already looking dangerous

WindyShepherdHenderson
It's almost unseemly how fast Sterling is.

AllAboutLFC
Sterling :scarf

slimman
17-8-11, 19:07
It's almost unseemly how fast Sterling is.

it's honestly like he's on fast forward or something.

Anyway, pretty decent start.

Hobbes.
17-8-11, 19:08
Come on lads, the front four to get a goal each.

Hobbes.
17-8-11, 19:10
**** that, Raheem to score 5.

jamiechloe
17-8-11, 19:10
Someone tell me we've locked up Sterling's contract for like 10 years???

cravenz
17-8-11, 19:12
Someone tell me we've locked up Sterling's contract for like 10 years???

Okay. We've locked up Sterling's contract for like 10 years. :D

Hobbes.
17-8-11, 19:12
Can anyone tell me if Silva used to play for lisbon?

FidelC
17-8-11, 19:13
It is on LFC.tv which can be viewed online as well: http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/video/LFC-TV/

thanks!!

WindyShepherdHenderson
17-8-11, 19:13
Can anyone tell me if Silva used to play for lisbon?

Nope.

Scrams
17-8-11, 19:14
Come on Jonjo, stamp your authority on the game son.

Emilvang
17-8-11, 19:15
Oh robbo :P

doughts28
Sterling just impresses every time he plays, regardless of circimustances. Him and Robinson the pick of out young ones imo

slimman
Robbo not taking any ****

40Yarder
Robbo's flying into the tackles. Quality.

InsomniacOlympics
17-8-11, 19:16
Robbo is a BEAST :D

40Yarder
Jonjo's got a sexy pass on him.

cravenz
So close by Shelvey! :eek:

Farontaur
17-8-11, 19:17
What a pass from Shelvey. Immense.

Hobbes.
17-8-11, 19:17
Nope.

Oh ok, cheer mate.

ChriBS
17-8-11, 19:18
Come on Jonjo, stamp your authority on the game son.

Okay, now tell him what to do next :D

Scrams
17-8-11, 19:20
Okay, now tell him what to do next :D

Hobbes.
17-8-11, 19:20
What happened to Suso? He was such an influencial player last year, and now he's just a passenger with a good touch. Where's the effort?

Anyways I say this fully expecting him to score after this. :D

InsomniacOlympics
17-8-11, 19:21
what a turn by silva

Roshi98
17-8-11, 19:22
Nervy start and not seeing a lot from our midfield thus far. Plenty of time, though.

Hobbes.
Ah **** off player trying to hit Sterling :AG:

WindyShepherdHenderson
Shut up Fairclough, he obviously didn't mean it.

NYscouser
17-8-11, 19:23
Suso attempting to score from the corner lol close.

WindyShepherdHenderson
Ah **** off player trying to hit Sterling :AG:

You can **** off and all.

Scrams
What happened to Suso? He was such an influencial player last year, and now he's just a passenger with a good touch. Where's the effort?

Anyways I say this fully expecting him to score after this. :D

He and Coady have been very quiet.

To be fair hardly any of our attacks have come through the middle.

biogenie
17-8-11, 19:24
sad... reading what u guys are typing i m hoping LFC Tv would not lag that much... :(

cant watch with such a horrendous lag >_<~||

onlythebestLiverpool
1 pass and all are hailing jonjo.

thats football for the mass :IN:

InsomniacOlympics
Give Suso time, he has been quiet , but he hasn't had much of the ball either.

REDULATE
They're playing better thus far

Hobbes.
You can **** off and all.

What does that mean?

InsomniacOlympics
17-8-11, 19:25
1 pass and all are hailing jonjo.

thats football for the mass :IN:

Hailing players is what we do. Support! :scarf

-CADS-
17-8-11, 19:25
>_<~||

I challenge you to put these in every one of your posts. I prefer the first one you did though: -____-|||

biogenie
17-8-11, 19:26
Hailing players is what we do. Support! :scarf

don feed the troll XD

FinnanFOREngland
17-8-11, 19:26
Grown more into this game as the half's gone on. Think a goal would the teams confidence a world of good

NYscouser
17-8-11, 19:27
sad... reading what u guys are typing i m hoping LFC Tv would not lag that much... :(

cant watch with such a horrendous lag >_<~||

Get better isp.

NYscouser
17-8-11, 19:28
Ref needs to start giving cards......

Hobbes.
17-8-11, 19:29
Aah what a goal.

Emilvang
That was a good goal.

WindyShepherdHenderson
Beautiful finish. Ripped apart.

Oakryrch
Damn it. That was a nice goal.

slimman
great goal for Sporting.

40Yarder
Good goal.

C'mon Liverpool.

Scrams
Good goal

Red-Man-Walking
good goal

pete752
Superb goal by Sporting..why can't we play like that :(

cravenz
17-8-11, 19:30
We don't seem to like playing through the middle at all? Suso and Coady are completely starved of the ball.

Ouch. They just scored. Good goal though.

Kloppette
Good goal, nice 1-2 but we shouldn't let them come through the middle like that

Batfink
Nicely worked goal that for sporting, going to turn off now. I only just turned on lol

WindyShepherdHenderson
Nicely worked goal that for sporting, going to turn off now. I only just turned on lol

:FP:

cravenz
17-8-11, 19:31
Good goal, nice 1-2 but we shouldn't let them come through the middle like that

They have looked threatening and have looked more comfortable with the ball at their feet as well.

REDULATE
Foreign players compared to British players are just so much 'nicer' on the ball, why is it, is it in our genes as British to just not be comfortable with a football.

bonou2
Sliva pulling out of the tackle

LordJamieOfCarragher
Unlucky Silva

InsomniacOlympics
SIlva has show some nice moves

Kloppette
Silva with a nice bit of Skill

Roshi98
17-8-11, 19:32
Unlucky Silva

Would rather he have passed it to one of the two mates at the top of the box than take a shot from such an acute angle, but it was a good effort.

NYscouser
17-8-11, 19:32
Our #5 is horrible.

WindyShepherdHenderson
17-8-11, 19:33
Whoever our #5 is - he won't make it.

InsomniacOlympics
Why is Suso playing so deep?

Kloppette
Foreign players compared to British players are just so much 'nicer' on the ball, why is it, is it in our genes as British to just not be comfortable with a football.

They don't do enough ball work aged 11-16 and play 11 aside too much

SalahDressing
Dare I say it, but it looks like the lads are looking for Sterling a bit too much?

cravenz
What vision by Suso

Snippes
Wow....is it just me or is it mouthwatering to think - am looking at a big part of Liverpool's starting 11 5 years from now essentially growing up together like Barca players have done in the past!!

Nothing is ever certain in football, especially where kids are concerned...and this is no knee jerk reaction - I only speak of the kids I have watched many times for a while now.

But if I had to categorize:

In the "For almost certain to be future first team starter players group" as sure as one can be about these things:
Wisdom/Sammer/Robbo
..........Shelvey/Suso
Silva................Sterling (Silva is the only one I see even a sliver of doubt to be in this group and even then, its the tinest sliver).

In the "For almost sure to at least become a squad player, maybe more " category.
.....................Coady............
.............Morgan................

By my count - that is 9 almost certain to be first teamers or at least be squad players. Even if my projections are overly optimistic, if we can get 3-5 out of the lot we are seeing right now to be starters or squad players in the future...and this is to say nothing of the newest recruits everyone is raving about....that is a amazing. 5 years ago, who would have thought this?? Tremendous work being done in the academy set up by the people who set it up and who run it now.

Batfink

Read an article recently, but I can't remember where. It basically went on to blame British coaching and our youngster being 'Over Coached' to the point where everything is much more rigid and regimented about even some of the most basic of skills like passing etc.

Some of it made sense and raised some interesting points.

NYscouser
17-8-11, 19:34

:clap: great minds think alike!

cravenz
Dare I say it, but it looks like the lads are looking for Sterling a bit too much?

We are pretty predictable at the moment.

WALKONLFC
Our #5 is horrible.

He is the one I have noticed the most (McGiveron), who seems out of his element.

40Yarder
Our final ball has been dog*****.

Hobbes.
17-8-11, 19:35
Suso is actually having a decent game now, but I want to see more from him.

Batfink
I love watching out Youngsters playing, some of the play is just amazing and brilliant to watch!

cravenz

Yeap, so far at least.

REDULATE

Most won't make it, as the step up is so big, we'd do brilliantly if we could get 2 or 3 out of this current group to break through

NYscouser
17-8-11, 19:37
Sterling pulling a Sissoko?

cravenz
Sterling down and receiving treatment to the left side of his face :(

SweetSilverSeven
Poor lad :(

Kloppette
Nice to see Stevie and Carra watching

Sterling with problems

Red-Man-Walking
17-8-11, 19:38
ahhh Sterling injured.

edit: YES! he back on....hope hes ok.

Roshi98
Suso is actually having a decent game now, but I want to see more from him.

Really? Seen maybe one decent pass but he's seemed invisible to me. Of course he shouldn't be playing so deep but I don't see a lot of intent on his part.

40Yarder
Sterling pulling a Sissoko?

:D **** me, I hope not.

SalahDressing
17-8-11, 19:39
Nice to see Stevie and Carra watching

Future management team?

Farontaur
17-8-11, 19:39
Sterling is boss. Great to see him coming back on.