PDA

View Full Version : ASIA: WC 2014 Qualifiers

Shajan
23-7-11, 00:08
Anybody watching their countries play?
15min after the Liverpool game Iran play Maldives in the 1st leg and with Quieroz coaching them for his first competetive game

Tomorrow: Liverpool, Iran
Sunday: Copa America Final
What a weekend :D

MODS: TYPO IN THE THREAD TITLE, should be 2014 :FP:

Yehez
23-7-11, 00:12
Mate you Iranian? Just interested.

Quieroz managing Iran now? lol.

BabelCopter
23-7-11, 00:14
Are Iraq set to do well again this tournament, or are they considered lucky to have won it before (in 2009/2010?)?

And do Australia still play in the Asia Cup?

Cheers for the OP, OP :D

Yehez
23-7-11, 00:15
Are Iraq set to do well again this tournament, or are they considered lucky to have won it before (in 2009/2010?)?

And do Australia still play in the Asia Cup?

Cheers for the OP, OP :D

He is talking about the qualifiers not the Asian Cup.

And we were not lucky. We absolutely murdered everybody in 2007.

Shajan
23-7-11, 00:18
Mate you Iranian? Just interested.

Quieroz managing Iran now? lol.

Yeah my parents are both from Iran but I've lived in Sweden my whole life :)
And yeah haha, Quieroz has had 1 friendly under his belt. He signed up for Iran after he watched them beat Russia 1-0 in Tehran. He wanted to sign after that game to see if he saw any potential in the team. It's the perfect job for him. If he qualifies for WC 2014 he will be worshipped and probably be guaranteed another job after the tournament. If he doesn't he's ruined for good.

Dynasty-inthe-Making
23-7-11, 00:19

You didn't murder us mate! Come oooon! :D But I tell you what I couldn't be more happier for you guys :)

Allah yilim shamlakom 3ala khair...

Shajan
23-7-11, 00:20
Aaah don't remind me of the Asian Cup :( I'm stilled sad about the ET goal from Korea.... :(

Dynasty-inthe-Making
23-7-11, 00:21
And yeah haha, Quieroz has had 1 friendly under his belt. He signed up for Iran after he watched them beat Russia 1-0 in Tehran. He wanted to sign after that game to see if he saw any potential in the team. It's the perfect job for him. If he qualifies for WC 2014 he will be worshipped and probably be guaranteed another job after the tournament. If he doesn't he's ruined for good.

As long as you don't meet us in the qualification than I think you have a chance to qualify! :D

BabelCopter
23-7-11, 00:21

Ahh, I see sorry. So presumabley Australia do play/qualify in Asia? Or are they still in Oceania (sp)?

I never realised or watched that year's Asian Cup, so never realised how convincing their victory was! I really only caught a sniff of it when I read about it in the front of newspapers rather than the back, but I hope they do well again. Are they still a good team?

Shajan
23-7-11, 00:25
Ahh, I see sorry. So presumabley Australia do play/qualify in Asia? Or are they still in Oceania (sp)?

I never realised or watched that year's Asian Cup, so never realised how convincing their victory was! I really only caught a sniff of it when I read about it in the front of newspapers rather than the back, but I hope they do well again. Are they still a good team?

I think Australia plays with the rest of Asia like they always have because if they played in Oceania they would be guaranteed every WC tbh, no disrespect to anyone.

As long as you don't meet us in the qualification than I think you have a chance to qualify! :D

We shall see about that :D

Australia joins up with the rest of Asia in the NEXT round of qualifying since they played in the WC :)
EDIT: I don't even know if you're from Australia :FP: where you from m8 ?

Dynasty-inthe-Making
23-7-11, 00:32
I think Australia plays with the rest of Asia like they always have because if they played in Oceania they would be guaranteed every WC tbh, no disrespect to anyone.

Australia joins up with the rest of Asia in the NEXT round of qualifying since they played in the WC :)

Think about the team that has been always a thorn for you guys every time you meet especially in Asia & the last WC qualification, think of the team you dread to meet, it's like this team is your bogey team!

:D

BabelCopter
23-7-11, 00:32

Cheers mate :)

Kinda makes sense. I remember as a kid checking the world cup qualifier results from Oceania, and it was always like Australia 9-0 Tuvalu, or Australia 13-1 New Zealand. It's better the way they do it now.

Tuta
23-7-11, 00:35

Oceania doesn't have automatic place in the WC, they usually have to go trough by playing either team from Asia or South America.

Shajan
23-7-11, 00:37
Oceania doesn't have automatic place in the WC, they usually have to go trough by playing either team from Asia or South America.

Oh yeah that's right ! The winner have a 2 leg play-off with the team that win the 3rd place play-offs in the Asian qualifiers! Sorry

Shajan
23-7-11, 00:38
Think about the team that has been always a thorn for you guys every time you meet especially in Asia & the last WC qualification, think of the team you dread to meet, it's like this team is your bogey team!

korea :eek: ?
can't be saudi-arabia, can't be iraq. has to be australia or korea haha !:D
EDIT: saudi-arabia did humiliate us at home in the group stage of last years qualifier tho', infront of the president and with ali daei as headcoach as well :FP:

Tuta
23-7-11, 00:40
Oh yeah that's right ! The winner have a 2 leg play-off with the team that win the 3rd place play-offs in the Asian qualifiers! Sorry

No need to apologize it's all good and we are here all Reds to debate with different opinions :scarf

Dynasty-inthe-Making
23-7-11, 00:51
can't be saudi-arabia, can't me iraq. has to be australia or korea haha !:D

Always trust your first instincts ;)

I'll give you a hint let see how far your memory stretches back..

Majid Abdullah ;)

Dynasty-inthe-Making
23-7-11, 00:52
can't be saudi-arabia, can't be iraq. has to be australia or korea haha !:D
EDIT: saudi-arabia did humiliate us at home in the group stage of last years qualifier tho', infront of the president and with ali daei as headcoach as well :FP:

Now You got it right! :D

myhomeisskrtbysea
23-7-11, 00:53

This is not true.

Oceania were promised a full spot by Blatter (which it never eally deserved. But if you're having a 'World' Cup it probably needs one) but he later reneged on this.

In 2001 and 2005 Oceania had half a spot and then played the fifth-placed South American team because of their 4.5 spots (this was Uruguay on both occasions).

Uruguay made the 2002 WC and Australian made the 2006 WC.

However, due to the difficulty of winnign two one-off games against a team hardened by 18 matches against quality opposition, Australia moved to the Asian confederation.

Oceania still has half a spot and New Zealand qualified by beating Bahrain in the play-off for South Africa.

Shajan
23-7-11, 16:06
Goal for Iran in the 4th min, I feel sorry for the Maldives :D

LordJamieOfCarragher
23-7-11, 16:49
Goal for Iran in the 4th min, I feel sorry for the Maldives :D

Still only 1-0. :eek:

Shajan
23-7-11, 16:57
hahaha the ref was telling his head of at the maldivian players for diving all the time :FP: 4 players were carried of with stretchers and later ran back into the game without a scratch. Very poor finishing from Iran, should have been 4-0 up after 30 min, decent defending and build-up play though. There's a free stream on a betting site, don't think I'm allowed to name them here.

3-0

EDIT: The game ended 4-0, 15 or 16 corner for Iran.

Dynasty-inthe-Making
23-7-11, 18:26
We got Frank Rijkaard to take the Saudi National team, I doubt he'll make much of a difference it will be interesting to see how long he'll last!

RedKite
23-7-11, 18:44

'ruined for good'
You mean he'll have to take a job in England again?

Shajan
23-7-11, 19:18
'ruined for good'
You mean he'll have to take a job in England again?

ha....ha. I meant that he does not have many other options. The portugese didn't like his style, Ferguson obviosly prefered someone else, and if he can't make it in Iran he absolutely can't make it in England. He has got one of the top 4 teams on the continent and if he still can't manage to qualify then he's not good enough.

Shajan
23-7-11, 19:19
We got Frank Rijkaard to take the Saudi National team, I doubt he'll make much of a difference it will be interesting to see how long he'll last!

Why did the other coach get sacked, I thought he was decent?

Dynasty-inthe-Making
23-7-11, 19:58
Why did the other coach get sacked, I thought he was decent?

The problem was never the coach, it's the Saudi Royal idiots that are running the show! :rolleyes:

Shajan
28-7-11, 19:27
Asian World Cup 2014 Qualifiers:
(X) = Agg.
Hong Kong (0)0-5(8) Saudi Arabia

India (2)2-2(5) UAE

Malaysia (4)1-1(6) Singapore

Bangladesh (2)2-0(4) Lebanon

Vietnam (2)2-1(4) Qatar

Indonesia (5)4-3(4) Turkmenistan

Yemen (0)0-0(2) Iraq

Laos (3)1-6(13) China PR

Palestine (2)2-2(3) Thailand

Nepal (1)1-1(10) Jordan

Tajikistan (1)0-4(6) Syria

Kyrgyztan (0)0-3(7) Uzbekistan

Philippines (1)1-2(5) Kuwait

Myanmar (0)0-2(4) Oman

Maldives (0)0-1(5) Iran

Teams who have advanced beyond the 2nd round:
China PR
Lebanon
Thailand
Indonesia
Iraq
Saudi Arabia
Jordan
Syria
Uzbekistan
Qatar
Kuwait
Singapore
Oman
UAE
Iran

These teams will join up in the 3rd round with 5 other PMAs and be drawn into 5 groups with 4 teams each.

The group winners and runner-ups will move on to the 4th round where they will play the final qualification stage with 2 groups filled with 5 teams each. The winners and runner-ups directly qualify for the WC 2014.

The 2 third placed teams will face eachother and the winner will move on to the 5th intercontinental qualifying stage where they will have a chance of getting to the WC.

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/tournament/competition/01/44/46/14/2014fwc_drawprocedures_asia_en.pdf

Shajan
30-7-11, 20:00
Group A:
China PR
Jordan
Iraq
Singapore

Group B:
Korea Republic
Kuwait
United Arab Emirates
Lebanon

Group C:
Japan
Uzbekistan
Syria
Korea DPR

Group D:
Australia
Saudi Arabia
Oman
Thailand

Group E:
Iran
Qatar
Bahrain
Indonesia

Personally I think group C is the hardest closely followed by group D so I'm happy for Iran. Shouldn't be too difficult.

Kloppstachio
30-7-11, 20:28
Group A:
China PR
Jordan
Iraq
Singapore

Group B:
Korea Republic
Kuwait
United Arab Emirates
Lebanon

Group C:
Japan
Uzbekistan
Syria
Korea DPR

Group D:
Australia
Saudi Arabia
Oman
Thailand

Group E:
Iran
Qatar
Bahrain
Indonesia

Personally I think group C is the hardest closely followed by group D so I'm happy for Iran. Shouldn't be too difficult.

Sentimental favs from Group A = Iraq ! Would love to see them in a WC Final after 28 years.

Wow - Group C aka Group of Death. Japan should win with their new crop of youngsters making waves but the Uzbeks and NoKoreans are tough.

Group E winners should be Iran but Qatar will contend with their "foreign" talent and Bahrain should be competitive yet again. They certainly were against New Zealand back in 2010 and both legs were thoroughly enjoyable.

Shajan
30-7-11, 21:08
Sentimental favs from Group A = Iraq ! Would love to see them in a WC Final after 28 years.

Wow - Group C aka Group of Death. Japan should win with their new crop of youngsters making waves but the Uzbeks and NoKoreans are tough.

Group E winners should be Iran but Qatar will contend with their "foreign" talent and Bahrain should be competitive yet again. They certainly were against New Zealand back in 2010 and both legs were thoroughly enjoyable.

Yeah it's going to be a tough journey for most countries! Should be an exciting qualifying stage. I think they start the first games in September this year. If I'm not misstaken this round takes place between September 2011 and February 2012. With the final stage starting in June or July 2012.

Dynasty-inthe-Making
30-7-11, 22:45
Group D:
Australia
Saudi Arabia
Oman
Thailand

Bring on the Aussies! :scarf

Kloppstachio
30-7-11, 23:01
Group D:
Australia
Saudi Arabia
Oman
Thailand

What-- no respect for the Omani Khanjar's ? :eek:

Shajan
30-7-11, 23:07
Group D:
Australia
Saudi Arabia
Oman
Thailand

I was hoping we wouldn't face SA yet. Rather we avoid them alltogether tbh :IN: On the other hand, I would rather face SA than those cheating koreans.

Em-inLeam
30-7-11, 23:08
Group A:
China PR
Jordan
Iraq
Singapore

Group B:
Korea Republic
Kuwait
United Arab Emirates
Lebanon

Group C:
Japan
Uzbekistan
Syria
Korea DPR

Group D:
Australia
Saudi Arabia
Oman
Thailand

Group E:
Iran
Qatar
Bahrain
Indonesia

Damn, where's India? :(

Yehez
30-7-11, 23:09
We have an easy group. We'll **** over Singapore and Jordan. Hopefully at least. The Iraqi national team is a team of Balotellis.

Dynasty-inthe-Making
30-7-11, 23:22
What-- no respect for the Omani Khanjar's ? :eek:

Not at all they are a good team & have beaten us last time we met some of their players play in the Saudi League, but I always wanted to play the Aussies! I don't think we ever did...

I was hoping we wouldn't face SA yet. Rather we avoid them alltogether tbh :IN: On the other hand, I would rather face SA than those cheating koreans.

Dude you really don't want to meet us, you'd have a better chance against the Korean's! :D

I told you before we are your boogie team! :D

Shajan
30-7-11, 23:48
Damn, where's India? :(

If you check the post before that one I wrote which countries advanced to this stage of the Qualifications. Unfortunately India got knocked out by UAE 5-2 on agg. :(

Shajan
6-8-11, 22:15
Do anyone have any idea when the fixture list for the Asian WC-Q is going up? They are suposed to start playing them in September this year until February next year and then get drawn into the final qualifying stage but the fixtures still haven't gone up in FIFAs database :confused:

Kloppstachio
7-8-11, 01:41
Do anyone have any idea when the fixture list for the Asian WC-Q is going up? They are suposed to start playing them in September this year until February next year and then get drawn into the final qualifying stage but the fixtures still haven't gone up in FIFAs database :confused:

Found this on the Asian Football Confederation website :
http://www.the-afc.com/en/fifa2014-schedule-a-results?view=Competitions&id=423

Shajan
7-8-11, 02:45
Found this on the Asian Football Confederation website :

Thank you ! :)

Kenodi
7-8-11, 03:29
This is not true.

Oceania were promised a full spot by Blatter (which it never eally deserved. But if you're having a 'World' Cup it probably needs one) but he later reneged on this.

In 2001 and 2005 Oceania had half a spot and then played the fifth-placed South American team because of their 4.5 spots (this was Uruguay on both occasions).

Uruguay made the 2002 WC and Australian made the 2006 WC.

However, due to the difficulty of winnign two one-off games against a team hardened by 18 matches against quality opposition, Australia moved to the Asian confederation.

Oceania still has half a spot and New Zealand qualified by beating Bahrain in the play-off for South Africa.

On ya mate. Not too many here would be aware of the heartbreaking last-minute fails namely against Uruguay and Iran, nor of the "curse of the socceroos". Joining Asia was a good move for us though I'm always a bit suss on that being allowed. Love the name by the way.

Shajan
7-9-11, 19:49
Standings after 2 games into the 3rd qualifying round:

Group A MP W D L GF GA Pts
Jordan 2 2 0 0 4 1 6
China PR 2 1 0 1 3 3 3
Iraq 2 1 0 1 2 2 3
Singapore 2 0 0 2 1 4 0

Group B MP W D L GF GA Pts
Korea Republic 2 1 1 0 7 1 4
Kuwait 2 1 1 0 4 3 4
Lebanon 2 1 0 1 3 7 3
United Arab Emirates 2 0 0 2 3 6 0

Group C MP W D L GF GA Pts
Japan 2 1 1 0 2 1 4
Uzbekistan 2 1 1 0 2 1 4
Korea DPR 2 1 0 1 1 1 3
Tajikistan 2 0 0 2 0 2 0

Group D MP W D L GF GA Pts
Australia 2 2 0 0 5 2 6
Thailand 2 1 0 1 4 2 3
Saudi Arabia 2 0 1 1 1 3 1
Oman 2 0 1 1 0 3 1

Group E MP W D L GF GA Pts
Iran 2 1 1 0 4 1 4
Bahrain 2 1 1 0 2 0 4
Qatar 2 0 2 0 1 1 2
Indonesia 2 0 0 2 0 5 0

LordJamieOfCarragher
7-9-11, 19:51
How many qualifying rounds are there?

Shajan
7-9-11, 19:53
How many qualifying rounds are there?

after this one there is yet 1 more round with 2 groups. The 1st and 2nd placed in these two groups go directly to the WC 2014 and the 3rd placed teams will have a 2 leg play-off and the winner will face the fifth placed team from south america:)

LordJamieOfCarragher
7-9-11, 19:55
after this one there is yet 1 more round with 2 groups. The 1st and 2nd placed in these two groups go directly to the WC 2014 and the 3rd placed teams will have a 2 leg play-off and the winner will face the fifth placed team from south america:)

2 group of 6 then?

Kloppstachio
7-9-11, 20:14
2 group of 6 then?

LJoC .. its a little bit of a bizarro format - the final AFC Qualifying Group is actually composed of 2 Groups of 5 teams taken from the 1st & 2nd teams out of the current 5 Groups A-E).

Top 2 from each of the final 2 groups qualify = 4 automatic Asian spots.

The two 3rd placed teams in the FINAL 2 groups play each other to decide who plays the winner of Oceania OR the 4th place CONCACAF OR 5th place CONMEBOL team for a spot in the final. FIFA made the decision in 2010 to pit the Asian playoff team vs Oceania and let CONMEBOL/CONCACAF fight out the other spot (eventually Uruguay).

For the 2010 WC for example, Bahrain finished 3rd in their final group as did Saudi Arabia in theirs. Then Bahrain beat Saudi in a 2 leg playoff. THEN Bahrain proceeded to lose to New Zealand in a 2 leg playoff.

Bit of trivia but the two playoff qualifiers in the 2010 WC ended up with 4 wins, 4 draws and just two defeats between them. Not bad for the "also-rans" :D

LordJamieOfCarragher
7-9-11, 20:17
LJoC .. its a little bit of a bizarro format - the final AFC Qualifying Group is actually composed of 2 Groups of 5 teams taken from the 1st & 2nd teams out of the current 5 Groups A-E).

Top 2 from each of the final 2 groups qualify = 4 automatic Asian spots.

The two 3rd placed teams in the FINAL 2 groups play each other to decide who plays the winner of Oceania OR the 4th place CONCACAF OR 5th place CONMEBOL team for a spot in the final. FIFA made the decision in 2010 to pit the Asian playoff team vs Oceania and let CONMEBOL/CONCACAF fight out the other spot (eventually Uruguay).

For the 2010 WC for example, Bahrain finished 3rd in their final group as did Saudi Arabia in theirs. Then Bahrain beat Saudi in a 2 leg playoff. THEN Bahrain proceeded to lose to New Zealand in a 2 leg playoff.

Bit of trivia but the two playoff qualifiers in the 2010 WC ended up with 4 wins, 4 draws and just two defeats between them. Not bad for the "also-rans" :D

Quite simple really. :P

Kloppstachio
7-9-11, 21:02
The Asian Football Confederation's official website shows marquee qualifiers on their official website (http://www.liveafc.tv) for anyone who can't get enough football already. :rolleyes:

Group updates after the Sept 2nd (Friday) and Sept 6th (Tuesday) games :

The 2014 Asian World Cup Qualifications entered the 3rd Round this month and there was action underway in all five Qualification groups. Overall, it was an insightful pair of games for each of the 20 qualifiers with some teams reinforcing their status as regional favorites for qualification while others managed to pull off some significant surprises or, in turn, be surprised themselves in these early days of Group play.

Group A
With 2 games in the books the surprise team of the entire round is current Group topper Jordan which has started with two straight wins - a 2-0 win against favorites Iraq and then a 2-1 win home win against China. The wins have elated Jordanian fans; so much so that the Jordanian Football Association announced a $10,000 bonus per player for their first two victories. New Iraqi manager, Brazilian legend Zico, had a rough welcome to the AFC with Iraq's home loss to Jordan but the team bounced back well with a smooth 2-0 win away against Singapore. China struggled defensively and were unable to easily convert scoring opportunities in their narrow 2-1 win at home against Singapore and the 2-1 reversal against Jordan at Amman. Unless China can get its offensive and defensive frailties resolved, Iraq and Jordan look most likely to move on.

Group B
It was assumed the Group would be a simple walk for South Korea and it should still be theirs for the taking but after an initial 6-0 romp against Lebanon at home on Friday, which included new Arsenal forward Park Chu-Young's hattrick, SoKo was shocked by a 1-1 draw away in Kuwait City. Kuwait managed a 3-2 away win against the UAE last Friday and coupled with the UAE's subsequent 3-1 away loss against Lebanon, things are looking bleak for the Emirates chances of qualifying for the next round. The debacles at home and in Beirut also cost UAE's Slovenian manager Srecko Katanec his job less than 3 months after he took over the reins.

Group C
Pretty much a 3 horse race between Japan, Uzbekistan and North Korea and even in Syria's absence it is living up to hype as the Group of Death. Syria, of course, were disqualified from World Cup qualification for using an ineligible player against Tajikistan in the previous round. Favorites Japan, playing without injured midfield dynamos Keisuke Honda and Kengo Nakamura, started well with a narrow 1-0 win against North Korea on Friday but Alberto Zaccheroni's men were then held to a 1-1 draw at Tashkent by a spirited Uzbek side that controlled the tempo for most of the game. It was only through Shinji Okazaki 's 64 minute equalizer that Japan secured a point and is tied with Uzbekistan at the top of the Group with 4 points. The North Korean team secured a 1-0 win at home against Tajikistan so only one point separates them from the co-leaders. Surprisingly, even Tajikistan has managed to keep both of its losses to single goal defeats.

Group D
After falling behind in the 1st half against Thailand last Friday, Australia has turned on the class and now leads the Group having secured all 6 points with a 2-1 win over Thailand and a dominant 3-1 win over the Frank Rijkaard managed Saudi Arabian team. Rijkaard, only 3 weeks into the position, also saw his team struggle to a 0-0 draw against Oman last Friday. Australia's current goalscoring hero, 6'4" JLeague striker Joshua Kennedy, leads all goalscorers in this round of the competition with 3. Thailand played a strong and confident game in Brisbane and followed that with a brilliant display of attacking football to overcome visiting Oman 3-0 in Bangkok. The Thai team is certainly a shade better than Saudi Arabia at the moment, but given Saudi Arabia's relative dominance in Asian football and its nearly regular WC appearances since 1994, their odds of making a comeback can't be easily written off.

Group E
Another tough Group with 3 fairly evenly matched Western Asian football powers but Iran is slightly ahead on goal difference after a dominant 3-0 win against Indonesia at home in Tehran last Friday while Qatar and Bahrain battled out to a 0-0 draw in Bahrain. Iran dominated against Qatar but leaves Doha with a 1-1 draw. Losing defensive midfielder and Osasuna star Javad Nekonam in the first half to injury also affected Iran's defense and Qatar was able to capitalize with their equalizer. Bahrain's easy 2-0 victory against Indonesia puts them, for now, in second place. The second Qatar v Bahrain game is certainly shaping up to be a closely contested one for the coveted 2nd spot. There is also an added urgency for the Qataris to advance to their first World Cup since FIFA "awarded" the 2022 World Cup to Doha. Interestingly, with the top 3 teams so evenly matched, winning margins against Indonesia may well decide this Group.

Shajan
11-10-11, 17:08
Iran - Bahrain

:D Bahrain got a red card after 50 seconds for a dirty tackle. Talk about keeping your head cool !
The game is now 5 min in.

Sid87
11-10-11, 17:17
Thanks for the heads up dude!

From WC 2002, Bahrain = Massive time wasters.

Schweini
11-10-11, 18:23
Bahrain is getting beaten :D

Shajan
11-10-11, 21:36
Iran 6-0 Bahrain:
Tehran: Iran consolidated their position at the top of Group E in the third round of Asian qualifiers for the 2014 FIFA World Cup with a 6-0 battering of Bahrain, who played with ten men for almost the entire match.

Bahrain coach Peter Taylor had said before Tuesday's match at the Azadi Stadium that Iran were the favourites to take one of the two places in the next qualifying phase from Group E and considered a draw to be an excellent result for the Gulf kingdom.

However, any hopes that Bahrain harboured about taking something from the game all but evaporated in the first minute of the match when defender Rashed Al Hooti was red carded before the home side made the most of their numerical advantage and took a 3-0 lead by half-time.

Jalal Hosseini broke the deadlock in the 22nd minute before Mojtaba Jabari added to the Sepahan stopper's opener with Iran's second 12 minutes later.

Team Melli took a three-goal cushion into the break when Hadi Aghili, a former team-mate of Hosseini's at Sepahan before he moved to Qatar's Al Arabi this year, scored his second of the qualifiers with three minutes of the first-half left to play.

Andranik Timotian made it 4-0 in the 62nd minute before Karim Ansarifard weighed in with Iran's fifth with quarter-of-an-hour remaining.

But the scoring didn't stop there as Gholamreza Rezaei got his name on the score sheet in the 83rd minute to completed the emphatic win for Carlos Quieroz's side, who top the table at the halfway stage of the qualifiers with seven points, two more than Qatar who notched up their first win of the competition with an impressive 3-2 win in Indonesia in Tuesday's other Group E fixture.

Lebanon 2-2 Kuwait:
Beirut: Lebanon were denied their second victory in Group B of the third round of Asian qualifiers for the 2014 FIFA World Cup when they conceded a last-gasp own-goal to draw 2-2 with Kuwait on Tuesday.

After beginning their campaign with a 6-0 loss to Korea Republic, Lebanon got their Brazil 2014 qualifying campaign back on track with an impressive 3-1 win over the UAE and were keen to claim the scalp of another Gulf side when Kuwait came calling to the Beirut Sports City Stadium.

And the home side started confidently and took the lead with quarter-of-an-hour gone through Hassan Maatouk only for Musaed Neda to cancel out the Ajman club striker's first-half opener five minutes after the interval.

Lebanon were given a golden opportunity to take all three points when Japanese referee Masaaki Toma awarded the home side an 86th minute penalty, which was successfully converted by Maatouk for his second of the match.

However, the home fans had barley finished celebrating taking the lead when the unfortunate Mahmoud Younes put the ball into his own net just two minutes later to gift the Kuwaitis a share of the spoils.

China 0-1 Iraq:
Shenzhen: Iraq skipper Younus Mahmood scored on the stroke of half-time to give the 2007 AFC Asian Cup champions a valuable 1-0 win over China as Group A in the third round of Asian qualifiers for the 2014 World Cup reached the halfway stage on Tuesday.

Iraq coach Zico, who led Japan to 2004 AFC Asian Cup glory with a defeat of hosts China, had spoken about the importance of Tuesday's match at the Shenzhen Bay Stadium and the narrow win put the Lions of Mesopotamia three points clear of the Chinese in the Group A standings with the Adnan Hamad-led Jordan leading the way with nine points after a 3-0 win in Singapore maintained their 100% record.

Younus Mahmood, scorer of Iraq's winner over Saudi Arabia in the 2007 AFC Asian Cup final, was once again the hero for his country with the Qatar-based star netting the only goal of a hard-fought encounter in the southern Chinese city in the 45th minute.

China's hopes of getting back into the game were given a boost in the 65th minute when Basem Abbas picked up his second yellow card of the match, having previously entered the notebook of Iranian referee Saeid Mozaffari in the 35th minute.

But Jose Camacho's side could not make their numerical advantage count as the ten-men of Iraq protected their one-goal lead for the remaining 25 minutes and held out for their second Group A win.

Indonesia 2-3 Qatar:
Jakarta: Mohammed Razak's goal just before the hour mark saw undefeated Qatar pick up their first win of the Brazil 2014 World Cup qualifiers as the Gulf side edged Indonesia 3-2 on Tuesday.

Qatar, who went into the third round of Group D matches having drawn with Bahrain (0-0) and Iran (1-1) were twice pegged by the Indonesians after taking the lead on two occasions before the Lekhwiya midfielder's decisive goal.

Abdulaziz Al Sulaiti put the 2011 AFC Asian Cup hosts ahead in the 14th minute before Uruguay-born striker Cristian Gonzales, who became an Indonesian citizen in November last year having played in the country since 2003, equalised for the home side 12 minutes later.

Qatar restored their lead in the 32nd minute through 2006 AFC Player of the Year Khalfan Ibrahim only for Gonzales to draw Indonesia level again, with the four-time Indonesian league top scorer getting his second of the game just three minutes later.

However, Qatar were not to be denied and Razak struck what transpired to be the winning goal in the 59th minute to maintain Al Annabi's unbeaten record and leave Indonesia rooted at the foot of the Group D table with no points as the third round of Asian World Cup qualifiers reached the halfway stage.

Singapore 0-3 Jordan:
Singapore: Jordan maintained their 100% record in the third round of Asian qualifiers for the 2014 FIFA World Cup on Tuesday when the A leaders defeated bottom-of-the-table Singapore 3-0.

Jordan coach Adnan Hamad had expressed concerns about the artificial pitch at the Jalan Besar Stadium but the synthetic surface didn't appear to effect the 2011 AFC Cup quarter-finalists as they recorded their third successive win in the Brazil 2014 qualifiers.

Abdallah Deeb, who was one of nine Al Wehdat players absent from the warm-up match against Thailand due to their participation in the first leg of the AFC Cup semi-final against Nasaf, made a telling contribution on his return to the international fold when he put the visitors 1-0 up with 11 minutes played.

Anas Bani Yaseen, a scorer in Jordan's 2-1 victory over Singapore in the qualifiers for Qatar 2011, doubled the Hashemite Kingdom's lead nine minutes after the interval before Ahmad Ibrahim scored the third and final goal in the 63rd minute.

Shajan
11-10-11, 21:38
Thailand 0-0 Saudi Arabia:
Bangkok: Saudi Arabia's disappointing 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifying campaign continued on Tuesday when a goalless draw with Thailand took the three-time Asian champions' points tally to just two from a possible nine.

Having already drawn 0-0 with Oman and lost 3-1 at home to Australia, who made it three wins out of three with a 3-0 defeat of the Gulf Sultanate in the other Group D fixture on Tuesday, the Saudis needed a victory to close the gap on the Socceroos and the Thais, who went into the match two points ahead of Frank Rijkaard's side.

And with the Saudis struggling in front of goal, the pressure is now on the former Barcelona and Netherlands boss to turn his side's fortunes around in the second half of the qualifiers.

Korea Republic 2-1 UAE:
Suwon: Korea Republic skipper Park Chu-young netted his fifth goal of the 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifiers in the Taeguek Warriors' 2-1 win over the UAE on Tuesday.

Park, who also netted both goals as the Koreans warmed up for the Group B match at the Suwon World Cup Stadium with a 2-2 draw against Poland, broke the deadlock five minutes into the second half.

The home side went 2-0 up in the 63rd minute courtesy of an own goal from Hamdan Al Kamali before the UAE put the ball in the right net one minute into second-half stoppage-time when Ismaeil Matar scored a consolation for the Gulf side, who remain anchored at the foot of the Group C table after three consecutive defeats.

Japan 8-0 Tajikistan:
Osaka: Mike Havenaar's first international goal for Japan set the ball rolling in an emphatic 8-0 win over Tajikistan that kept the 2011 AFC Asian Cup champions on top of Group C in the third round of Asian qualifying for the 2014 FIFA World Cup.

Havenaar, who was appearing in only his second match for the Samurai Blue after making his debut as a 70th minute substitute in Japan's 1-0 win over DPR Korea, opened the scoring in the 11th minute of the match at the Osaka Nagai Stadium before Shinji Okazaki doubled the home side's lead seven minutes later.

Veteran defender Yuichi Komano also broke his international scoring duck when the 30-year-old Jubilo Iwata fullback, making his 65th appearance for the national team, made it 3-0 in the 35th minute.

Borussia Dortmund attacker Shinji Kagawa, who missed Japan's defeat of Australia for a record-breaking fourth Asian Cup win after breaking a metatarsal in the semi against Korea Republic, was on target with four minutes of the first-half left to play to take a commanding four-goal cushion in to the interval.

Japan didn't let up in the second-half and Havenaar got his second and Japan's fifth two minutes after the restart before Kengo Makamura got in on the goal-scoring act nine minutes later.

Kagawa made it 7-0 with his second in the 67th minute and seven minutes later Okazaki became the third Japanese player to hit two past the Tajiks with Japan's eighth and final goal.

In the other Group C fixture, Uzbekistan defeated DPR Korea thanks to Alexander Geynrikh's 25th minute goal in Pyongyang and are level on seven points with Japan as the third round of Asian qualifying reaches the halfway stage, although Japan's 8-0 hammering of the Tajiks ensure the Asian champions lead the way on goal difference.

Australia 3-0 Oman:
Sydney: Australia made it three-out-of-three in Group D of the third round of qualifiers for the 2014 FIFA World Cup with a 3-0 win over Oman on Tuesday.
Brett Holman put the Socceroos 1-0 up with just seven minutes at the ANZ Stadium gone but any thoughts that the floodgates would open were dispelled as Oman held out until the 65th minute when Josh Kennedy added to the AZ Alkmaar attacker's early mark with his fourth of the campaign following his goal in Australia's 2-1 victory over Thailand and his double in the 3-1 away win over Saudi Arabia.
Mile Jedinak added the third with five minutes left as the 2011 AFC Asian Cup runners-up put themselves in a healthy position to reach the next stage of qualifying.

But with just a point from their goalless draw against Saudi Arabia representing Oman's tally at the halfway stage of the third round of Asian qualifying, the Gulf Sultanate's hopes of appearing at the World Cup finals for the first time are fading fast.

DPR Korea 0-1 Uzbekistan:
Pyongyang: Alexander Geynrikh's first-half goal was enough for Uzbekistan to defeat DPR Korea 1-0 on Tuesday in their 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifying Group C clash in the North Korean capital.

With a 14th minute Pak Nam-chol winner against Tajikistan DPR Korea's only goal in their two previous Brazil 2014 qualifiers, the Chollima were hoping home field advantage would help inspire their attack.

But again DPR Korea struggled in the final third and with Geynrikh, who plays his club football with 2011 AFC Champions League semi-finalists Suwon Samsung Bluewings, scoring the only goal of the game 25 minutes into Tuesday's match at the Yanggadko Stadium, the North Koreans slipped to their second defeat in three Group C matches.

The victory maintained Uzbekistan's unbeaten run in the qualifying campaign following a 1-0 victory in Tajikistan and a 1-1 home draw with 2011 AFC Asian Cup champions Japan, who will join the Uzbeks on seven points if they defeat the Tajiks later on Tuesday.

Shajan
11-10-11, 21:40
All information taken from www.The-AFC.com :)

here are the group standings, some are not updated yet!

Shajan
29-2-12, 13:53
Watching the Iran-Qatar game now. Both have qualified but the winner will go to the top of the group I think.

Ashkan Dejagah is playing.
He used to play with Özil in the U-21 in Germany but was kicked from the national team when he refused to play against Israel (stupid mistake). He's very good!
got his first goal after 6 min.

Very good atmosphere. Only the lower tier seats are sold out it seems, we've already qualified anyway. I think there should be about only 35.000 there right now. Will definitely be closer to 100.000 in the next round of the qualifiers

Liverdinner
29-2-12, 13:56
Cheating Koreans?

imnofreak
29-2-12, 13:59
Australia probably a bit lucky to win, Oman through with us, Saudi's are gone!

Draw for the next (and final

Shajan
29-2-12, 14:42
Dejagah scored his 2nd goal now. FANTASTIC freekick. 2-1

Shajan
29-2-12, 15:00
Bahrain have obviously paid of the ref in their game. They had a 9 goals and 3pts disadvantage to Qatar. Now it's 1 goal between them. haha.

there you go 8-0. Qatar are now out if they don't score.
9-0

Shajan
29-2-12, 15:18

2-2
Qatar are through if it stays like this for at least 2 min.

Shajan
29-2-12, 15:32
Qualified teams:
Jordan, Iraq, Korea Republic, Lebanon, Uzbekistan, Japan, Australia, Oman, Iraq, Qatar.

Most points: Uzbekistan 16 (W:5 D:1 L:0)
Best goal difference: Iran +12
Most goals scored: Iran 17 goals.
Least goals conceded: Uzbekistan 1 goal.
Only two teams went through the qualifying stage undefeated: Iran and Uzbekistan.
Least points: Indonesia and Singapore 0pts each.
Most goals conceded: Indonesia 26 (10 in the last game)
Least goals scored: Singapore and Tajikistan 1 each.

WindyShepherdHenderson
29-2-12, 15:35
Wait - Bahrain needed to win by ten goals, and won 10-0? CONVENIENT

Shajan
29-2-12, 15:36

But Qatar scored a late goal so they will go through. But that scoreline is VEEERY fishy. I think they have bribed a lot of people for that scoreline.

WindyShepherdHenderson
29-2-12, 15:39
But Qatar scored a late goal so they will go through. But that scoreline is VEEERY fishy. I think they have bribed a lot of people for that scoreline.

HAHAHAHA!

Good. Screw Bahrain.

Shajan
29-2-12, 15:41
HAHAHAHA!

Good. Screw Bahrain.
The problem is that Qatar are just as bad. They had a Uruguayan in their starting eleven today :FP:

WindyShepherdHenderson
29-2-12, 15:43
The problem is that Qatar are just as bad. They had a Uruguayan in their starting eleven today :FP:

:FP:

I remember their most recent Asian Cup squad, 13 out of 23 were South American/African :D

Shajan
29-2-12, 15:47
:FP:

I remember their most recent Asian Cup squad, 13 out of 23 were South American/African :D

And they are still **** hahaha

Captain Mauser
29-2-12, 15:55

Macca ‏ @The_Paris_Angel
10-0. Football's the winner today. Sorry, did I say 'football'? What I really meant was 'the Asian betting markets'.

Macca ‏ @The_Paris_Angel
Is Clattenburg reffing that game?

Macca ‏ @The_Paris_Angel
They didn't go through? Chortle.

Shajan
9-3-12, 16:04
THE FINAL QUALIFYING GROUPS:

Group A:
Korea Republic
Iran
Uzbekistan
Qatar
Lebanon

Group B:
Australia
Iraq
Jordan
Oman
Japan*

* Japan was placed in Position 5 in Group B in order to avoid them playing on 18 June 2013, when they will be participating in the 2013 FIFA Confederations Cup, as per the decision by AFC Executive Committee on 17 March 2011.

The 1st and 2nd placed in each group qualify directly to the WC 2014.
The two 3rd placed teams face each other home and away to determine the winner. The winner faces a team from South America to qualify.

I really hope Iran qualify this time. We've improved massively under Queiroz and we have new players joining in the squad and a promising youth team. I have 3 fears in this group.
1: The diving Koreans. They dive more then Ronaldo did at Utd and the refs don't care.
2: Qatar. They have every ref in their backpocket, it's not even fun playing them and their team consists of foreign players.
3: Uzbekistan. The one team, along with Iran, who had the best stats in the last qualifying game. We score lots of goals, they don't let other teams score against them. Should be a fantastic game.

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/news/newsid=1597033/index.html

Shajan
3-6-12, 17:06
Uzbekistan 0-1 Iran
Goal from Khalatbari in the 94th minute on a counter attack, 2nd shot at the goal from Iran :IN:
Never seen Iran be so dominated by any other team but hey, results are what count ey?

Japan 3-0 Oman
Didn't watch the game.

There are still 3 teams / group that need to play, 2 more games today. Currently playing: Jordan - Iraq.

Next games for Uzbek and Iran:
08-06-2012 16:00 LEBANON - UZBEKISTAN
12-06-2012 20:00 I.R. IRAN - QATAR

Next games for Japan and Oman:
08-06-2012 19:32 JAPAN -JORDAN
12-06-2012 17:45 IRAQ - OMAN

Match times are set to the LOCAL STADIUM time.

Kloppstachio
3-6-12, 17:41
Watching online for free on Al-Jazeer'a Global Football Stream : http://www.en.aljazeerasport.tv/Live [ MODS - its an official and Legal webstream channel].

1-1 Iraq v Jordan. Its been a special run for Jordan so far but while I think the final group games might be too much for them, they're giving as good as they're getting in this opening group match.

A 44th minute equalizer and the crowd in Amman goes nuts ! Terrible goalkeeping there by the Iraqi GK.

Lebanon vs Qatar will be replayed later on today.... Rooting for the underdogs so come on Jordan and Lebanon !! :clap:

TheRiedle
3-6-12, 17:48
Sadly the country that represents me is nowhere to be seen :FP:

Kloppstachio
3-6-12, 17:49
Sadly the country that represents me is nowhere to be seen :FP:

Kop .. which country would that be ?

TheRiedle
3-6-12, 17:56
Kop .. which country would that be ?

We're very small on the world globe with a population of over 140 million, neighbours to India and Pakistan. Take a guess :D

Kloppstachio
3-6-12, 18:14
We're very small on the world globe with a population of over 140 million, neighbours to India and Pakistan. Take a guess :D

You're originally from Bangladesh ???? Word ! :D

BabelCopter
3-6-12, 18:21

I'm not replying to your post, I just wanted to let you know that your name is extremely good :D

TheRiedle
3-6-12, 18:23

Well my parents are, but I do go there often. Year by year Bangladesh is evolving I'm impressed.

Cricket is killing football in Bangldesh, Pakistan, India and Sri Lanka.

Maybe one day we're going to qualify for the football world cup. :D

It's the people over there mate, their more crazy about Brazil and Argentina, did you know Argentina had a friendly against Nigeria in Bangladesh?

TheRiedle
3-6-12, 18:24
I'm not replying to your post, I just wanted to let you know that your name is extremely good :D

And your name was very good :D

Kloppstachio
3-6-12, 18:26

Roger That ! ;)

Uzbekistan 0-1 Iran
Goal from Khalatbari in the 94th minute on a counter attack, 2nd shot at the goal from Iran :IN:
Never seen Iran be so dominated by any other team but hey, results are what count ey?

Shaj ... do you think Server Djeparov may be as good as his Asian footballer of the Year award suggests ? Interestingly Uzbekistan also did well in last summer's U17 WC (beat us 2-1 in the Group stages and made it to the QF's) so maybe they are building up to something good there.

BabelCopter
3-6-12, 18:31
And your name was very good :D

Roger That ! ;)
i

Yehez
3-6-12, 19:52
Good result for us in Amman. The Jordanians have a decent team and a good coach, who is Iraqi himself.

Kloppstachio
3-6-12, 22:51
Well my parents are, but I do go there often. Year by year Bangladesh is evolving I'm impressed.

It's the people over there mate, their more crazy about Brazil and Argentina, did you know Argentina had a friendly against Nigeria in Bangladesh?

Yeah mate, I followed Arg through that tour - Nigeria in Bangladesh and then vs Venezuela in India. Speaking of Brazil, I'm headed back to the hotel after an EPIC Mexico vs Brazil game here in Dallas. Disappointed that Brazil lost 2-0 but it was still a fantastic game. That Marcelo - mad player ! Amazing skills and then loses his head on an unnecessarily rough challenge. And Neymar -- played at a different speed then the rest of the pitch. But Brazil's profligacy was Liverpool-esque. :(

Mexico looked impressive and Guardado (could be a cheap but quality LW option?), Hernandez, Barrera and De Nigris were all class.

SweetSilverSeven
3-6-12, 23:01

I'm from a Bengali descent too :D
The last time I visited the country was when I was 3 years old... :o

I would like to see a little hint of football from Bangladesh..... but it's nowhere to be seen :(
It's good to hear that there's some high profile friendlies going on though :)

Kloppstachio
3-6-12, 23:26
SSS ... so you're a girl of Asian descent who loves football. Not to spout cliches and what not but you ever get those "Bend it Like Beckham" jokes from friends and family ? :D

TheRiedle
3-6-12, 23:32
I'm from a Bengali descent too :D
The last time I visited the country was when I was 3 years old... :o

I would like to see a little hint of football from Bangladesh..... but it's nowhere to be seen :(
It's good to hear that there's some high profile friendlies going on though :)

I try and go every two years now, I like the village areas more, wildlife, fishing and the locals are quality. I'm from Sylhet ofcourse. Back to football we've won the AFC cup a few times if that's any consolation. :D

TheRiedle
3-6-12, 23:35
Yeah mate, I followed Arg through that tour - Nigeria in Bangladesh and then vs Venezuela in India. Speaking of Brazil, I'm headed back to the hotel after an EPIC Mexico vs Brazil game here in Dallas. Disappointed that Brazil lost 2-0 but it was still a fantastic game. That Marcelo - mad player ! Amazing skills and then loses his head on an unnecessarily rough challenge. And Neymar -- played at a different speed then the rest of the pitch. But Brazil's profligacy was Liverpool-esque. :(

Mexico looked impressive and Guardado (could be a cheap but quality LW option?), Hernandez, Barrera and De Nigris were all class.

I watched the Argentina vs Nigeria game 3-1 to the Argies all the Bengalis were screaming and cheering like BD won the world cup or something. Loads of Liverpool fans back home though :D

Kloppstachio
3-6-12, 23:41
I watched the Argentina vs Nigeria game 3-1 to the Argies all the Bengalis were screaming and cheering like BD won the world cup or something. Loads of Liverpool fans back home though :D

Yeah seemed most of the fans were supporting Argentina. Think LFC could sell out a tour of India/Bangladesh ? Back in the 80's when I lived in the Middle East I know at one time we could have sold out games there no problems. Nowadays, without CL and PL titles, maybe not so much. :(

TheRiedle
4-6-12, 00:02
Yeah seemed most of the fans were supporting Argentina. Think LFC could sell out a tour of India/Bangladesh ? Back in the 80's when I lived in the Middle East I know at one time we could have sold out games there no problems. Nowadays, without CL and PL titles, maybe not so much. :(

We need to go South Asia, BD and India especially. The fan base is huge over there. Maybe FSG are looking into it.

GeorgeLFC
4-6-12, 00:04
India does not progress again :crying

Kloppstachio
4-6-12, 00:41
We need to go South Asia, BD and India especially. The fan base is huge over there. Maybe FSG are looking into it.

May be mistaken but I think I read on lfc.tv about an LFC Academy in India.

TheRiedle
4-6-12, 01:01
India does not progress again :crying

Are you Indian mate? Looking forward to the T20 World Cup.

TheRiedle
4-6-12, 01:03
May be mistaken but I think I read on lfc.tv about an LFC Academy in India.

I've come across a lot of talented Bangladeshi, Pakistani and Indian footballers in the UK, such a shame they don't make it.

Ad_Rock
4-6-12, 01:07
How come India are bad at football with such an enormous population? Do most Indians just not care for it?

TheRiedle
4-6-12, 01:10
How come India are bad at football with such an enormous population? Do most Indians just not care for it?

It's not that mate, Cricket is a huge sport over there.

Parrant
4-6-12, 01:13
It's not that mate, Cricket is a huge sport over there.

India worships cricket more than their hindu gods

TheRiedle
4-6-12, 01:22
India worships cricket more than their hindu gods

Overshadows every other sport yes indeed.

Parrant
4-6-12, 01:24
Overshadows every other sport yes indeed.

I have a number of indian friends who are all fanatical about cricket. One lives in America and wants to move to Australia because he misses not watching cricket

Shajan
6-6-13, 22:58
Top 2 in each group can start packing their bags for Brazil as soon as the qualification stage ends. The 3rd in each group will face eachother in a 2 leg match. The winner of the play-off will play against the play-off country from South America in 2 legs. Winner of those two legs go to the WC 2014.

The games will be played next week, and the week after that.

GROUP A
Team - PTS - GD - PLY
Korea Republic 11 +6 6
Uzbekistan 11 +2 6
Iran 10 +1 6
Qatar 7 -4 7
Lebanon 5 -5 7

Games left:

Korea Republic - Uzbekistan SEOUL
Iran - Lebanon TEHRAN
Uzbekistan - Qatar TASHKENT
Korea Republic - Iran ULSAN

GROUP B
Team - PTS - GD - PLY
Japan 14 +10 7
Oman 9 -2 7
Australia 7 0 6
Jordan 7 -6 6
Iraq 5 -2 6

Games left:

Iraq - Japan DOHA
Australia - Jordan MELBOURNE
Jordan - Oman AMMAN
Australia - Iraq SYDNEY

Now, as a Iranian this is very nervous. We have a home game against Lebanon (latest game was won 5-0 against them earlier this year in a AFC qualifier). Win that, and it's all going to go down in the last game of the qualification.
Let's say we win. 13 Pts. Uzbek and Korea will play before that, if Korea win, A draw will be enough for us in Korea to qualify along with them. If Uzbek win we will have to win the game in Korea if Uzbek don't lose against Qatar (they won't). If Uzbek - Korea draw, we will have to win in Korea as well.
My hope is that we win against Lebanon with a high GD, hope Korea batter the Uzbeks and reduce their GD, then, a nice boring 0-0 draw in Korea with both shaking hands and walking away to Brazil. One extra factor in that last game is that it's played in Ulsan with a maximum capacity of just 44K. Oh how I wish it had been at Azadi in Tehran. Having 110.000 home fans in a qualification game would be crucial!

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/asia/standings/index.html

StevieBaros17
7-6-13, 05:42
3rd place will have a playoff no?

Shajan
7-6-13, 12:20
3rd place will have a playoff no?

Yeah :) 3rd place vs. 3rd place
Winner vs. south american playoff team

SweetSilverSeven
7-6-13, 20:45
I see that Bangladesh beat Pakistan 3-0 in the first round!! :D

Dropped out in round two though.... :o

Shajan
13-6-13, 18:32
THESE MATCHES WERE PLAYED:
Korea 1-0 Uzbekistan
Iran 4-0 Lebanon

Australia 4-0 Jordan
Iraq 0-1 Japan

So the groups now looks like this:

GROUP A
Team - PTS - GD - PLY
Korea Republic 14 +7 7
Iran 13 +5 7
Uzbekistan 11 +1 7
Qatar 7 -4 7
Lebanon 5 -9 8

Games left:
18th June

GROUP B
Team - PTS - GD - PLY
Japan 17 +11 8
Australia 10 +4 7
Oman 9 -2 7
Jordan 7 -10 7
Iraq 5 -3 7

Games left:
18th June
Jordan - Oman AMMAN
Australia - Iraq SYDNEY

This is going to be a nerv-wrecking game for Iran!

South Korea doesn't need a win, and realistically, they could lose and still go through with Iran. But their coach recently went out and blasted Iran for treating them bad in Tehran (mainly he complained about the training grounds being bad, which were the same training grounds Iran themselves trained at ...) and said he rather see Uzbekistan go through. Carlos Q. used some Fergie mindtricks to turn the pressure on their coach by saying he disgraced their fans and their team and he knows it. Basically saying that his players enjoyed it and were treated nicely so he shouldn't complain on their behalf, etc. etc.

We need a draw or a win in Korea. The problem is, the Persian gulf countries have a problem with Iran both when it comes to football and politics so Qatar is going to roll over and let Uzbek score as much as they like, which means Iran will have to win if Uzbek win with 4 goals againt Qatar.

The game will take place in Ulsan in Korea, which is a city with regular humidity over 80% (thank you so much Korea...) with temperatures around 28*C. Askhan Dejagah will be on the bench after his injury in Fulham.
Ooh, going to the World Cup for iranians is basically like winning the CL/League title for an english team. It happens so rarely and the difference is that you have to wait 4 years for your next shot. I will be having no nails after that game ... haha.
My hope is that the big 4 in Asia qualify. Australia, Japan, Iran and South Korea. I rather not have South Korea in since their coaches behavior towards us. He's not even going to coach them after this game, he's only an interim manager.

I THINK the qualified teams that are guaranteed are: Korea, Japan and Australia. Uzbek winning 7-0 and Iran at the same time winning against Korea I find absurd. Australia will win against Iraq who have nothing to play for away in Australia. It will come down to who, either Uzbekistan or Iran, who will get that direct qualification spot and who will get the play-off. Unfortunately for us iranians we started playing a new style of football 2 games ago against Qatar. Pressing high-up the pitch, non-stop 90 min press and counter all the time. So we had scored 3 goals, won 3 games. conceded 2 goals, and lost 2 games. That's a tight team but in the last game against Lebanon we could easily have scored a couple of extra goals in the first 39 mins which we didn't.

If Iran lose this game, we will probably have to play 2 play-off games against Oman which I expect us to win. But we will NOT win 2 legs against a South American team, no way ...

A SIDE-NOTE FOR PEOPLE WORRIED ABOUT QATAR WC.

The players and the fans who traveled to Qatar said they felt the temperature was exactly like in European stadiums due to the cooling systems in the stadium, so no worries, they all felt the stadium was cool and nice.

Shajan
14-6-13, 01:00
I thought we had more Asians on here, at least Australians ?? Come on you kangaroos :D

Kloppstachio
14-6-13, 04:37
I thought we had more Asians on here, at least Australians ?? Come on you kangaroos :D

The usual suspects going through made this round of the Asian WCQ a little less exciting. I was hoping that Jordan, Lebanon or Iraq would make a go of it; but alas. Did I read correctly that the South Korean manager felt that the Iranian crowd was "disrespectful" towards his team and so will make things harder for Iran ? If they just take it easy and finish with a draw in the final game, Uzbekistan's out and two time Asian player of the year, Server Djeparov, would possibly miss out his best chance to play in a WC ....

Nice to see the hosts of 2022 fade out. I guess $20Billion will buy anything, including a World Cup Berth for a team that's incapable of qualifying under normal circumstances. As for on pitch temps ... it was almost 44C down on the pitch in the Cotton Bowl in 1994 when Germany played South Korea and players were cramping up by the 50th minute. Not quite what the crowd would want to see in a footballing extravaganza. But with Qatari money and 9 more years of Green Tech to come, it should be easy for them to create under pitch cooling systems and perhaps even a solar powered climate controlled stadium with retractable roofing. If Jerry Jones and Dallas could do it, the Qatari's could surely beat it ! :D

DreamingOfKlopp
14-6-13, 08:05

Mate i love any Aussie sport, but as good as it will be to get in, i don't see us doing much damage in the cup next year. Our team has some young rising talent but i don't see them coming good quite yet. I already miss the days of viduca and kewell in their prime! Our run in the 2006 WC was awesome till the ****** Italians won with a dive. Will never like an Italian football team again :D

I hope our young squad matures over the next 12 months and we make some cup upsets in brazil ;) Though without schwartzer japan would of beat us 10 -1 the other week and he is like 41 so i don't know who we will get to replace him.

LordJamieOfCarragher
14-6-13, 11:15
GROUP A
Team - PTS - GD - PLY
Korea Republic 14 +7 7
Iran 13 +5 7
Uzbekistan 11 +1 7
Qatar 7 -4 7
Lebanon 5 -9 8

Games left:
18th June

This is set up brilliantly, it's what I like most about the qualification stages of a tournament.

Good luck on Tuesday, Shajan, I have a feeling it's going to be the play-off for Iran though.

GROUP B
Team - PTS - GD - PLY
Japan 17 +11 8
Australia 10 +4 7
Oman 9 -2 7
Jordan 7 -10 7
Iraq 5 -3 7

Games left:
18th June
Jordan - Oman AMMAN
Australia - Iraq SYDNEY

This one is a bit more straightforward, can't see Australia messing it up.

Also Shajan, well done for keeping this thread going. :clap:

Shajan
15-6-13, 15:10
I think Korea will lose. I'm very afraid tho'.
I had a chat with a korean and he's saying most koreans hate their new coach and his long ball tactics. They won 2 of ther games with an own goal and a 97th min freekick. Their captain won't play and it's not their main stadium. If Uzbek doesn't win with more than 3 goals I'd like to see a draw so both Korea and Iran can go through, they are much more pleasant to play against then other Asians teams except Japan, Australia, Iraq and Uzbekistan.

If we go via the play-offs, if we win against the group B team, we will probably face Uruguay... :(

LordJamieOfCarragher
18-6-13, 07:49
Match day.

Australia kick off at 10:30

The two matches in Group A both kick off at 13:00

LordJamieOfCarragher
18-6-13, 10:14
Australia
M. Schwarzer
L. Neill
L. Wilkshire
M. Milligan
S. Ognenovski
M. Bresciano
T. Cahill
B. Holman
M. McKay
R. Kruse
T. Oar

Iraq
Noor Sabri
Ahmad Ibrahim Khalaf
Ali Bahjat
Dhurgham Ismail
Ali Adnan
Ateeh Saad
Khaldoun Ibrahim
Karrar Jassim
Humam Tariq
Saif Salman
Waleed Salim

An Australia win sees them qualify for Brazil 2014, a draw will be enough if Oman fail to beat Jordan later today.

Kick off is 10:30 and it's live on Eurosport 2

LordJamieOfCarragher
18-6-13, 10:49
Still 0-0.

The Socceroos having plenty of possession

LordJamieOfCarragher
18-6-13, 11:19
Ht 0-0

LordJamieOfCarragher
18-6-13, 11:58
Still 0-0 20 mins to go, Mark Viduka warming up for Australia, probably.

LordJamieOfCarragher
18-6-13, 12:06
Australia have taken Tim Cahill off, as you do, when you need a goal. :HS:

LordJamieOfCarragher
18-6-13, 12:12
Australia have taken Tim Cahill off, as you do, when you need a goal. :HS:

Brilliant substitution, Josh Kennedy, who came on for Cahill, scores for Australia.

<*_*>
18-6-13, 12:21
Brilliant Aussies!..time to pack your Colostomy bags your off to Rio..woohoo!!

LordJamieOfCarragher
18-6-13, 12:22
FT 1-0 to Australia.

Australia qualify for Brazil 2014, the rest of Asia are really happy for them, I bet.

LordJamieOfCarragher
18-6-13, 12:49
S Korea
Sung-Ryong Jung
Chang-Soo Kim
Young-Gwon Kim
Hyun-Soo Jang
Chi-Woo Kim
Ki-Hee Kim
Myeong-Ju Lee
Dong-Gook Lee
Shin-Wook Kim
Heung-Min Son
Dong-Won Ji

Iran
R. Ahmadi
J. Hosseini
P. Montazeri
H. Beikzadeh
A. Sadeghi
K. Heydari
J. Nekounam
M. Shojaei
A. Teymourian
M. Jabari
R. Ghoochannejhad

Kloppette
18-6-13, 13:06
S Korea
Sung-Ryong Jung
Chang-Soo Kim
Young-Gwon Kim
Hyun-Soo Jang
Chi-Woo Kim
Ki-Hee Kim
Myeong-Ju Lee
Dong-Gook Lee
Shin-Wook Kim
Heung-Min Son
Dong-Won Ji

Iran
R. Ahmadi
J. Hosseini
P. Montazeri
H. Beikzadeh
A. Sadeghi
K. Heydari
J. Nekounam
M. Shojaei
A. Teymourian
M. Jabari
R. Ghoochannejhad

Think I will watch this

LordJamieOfCarragher
18-6-13, 13:06
Think I will watch this

Good on ya, updates please. :)

Westbr00k
18-6-13, 13:11
AUSTRALIAAAAAAA :) I love nights like this, off to brazil!

Shajan
18-6-13, 13:20
Congratulations :D

I'm watching the Iran game.. . They are not playing like they used to do, they are counter-attacking instead :/

OOOH FFS. The eurosport channel turned off, they said they will try to fix it to the next half. WHY NOOOW ?!?!?

Kloppstachio
18-6-13, 13:22
Congratulations :D

I'm watching the Iran game.. . They are not playing like they used to do, they are counter-attacking instead :/

OOOH FFS. The eurosport channel turned off, they said they will try to fix it to the next half. WHY NOOOW ?!?!?

A draw puts both teams through - right ?

Shajan
18-6-13, 13:25
A draw puts both teams through - right ?

Yeah but the rivalry will get the better of them. Basically Korea is through if Uzbek don't win with 8 goals, and Iran is through if Uzbek doesn't score 4 goals. Then they can get a draw. Otherwise they need the win, so Iran needs the win more than Korea. Minimum place for all 3 teams is a play-off. Which will be against Group B and then a South American team.

Kloppette
18-6-13, 13:29
Well thought I'd watch this game but its gone off, typical !!

LordJamieOfCarragher
18-6-13, 13:30
Why is the Australia game on again?

Shajan
18-6-13, 13:31

They had problems with the broadcast from Korea. They said they will try to fix it until the 2nd half. I can't seem to find any streams that work either.

I'll watch Uzbekistan - Qatar instead, it's just as vital.

EDIT: Ooh, found a stream

Shajan
18-6-13, 13:41
Both team have calmed down, Korea are very organized and have done their job on Irans through balls and seem to be in way of them all the time. I think both are realizing that Uzbekistan won't score 4 goals in one half (maybe they will!) so they have calmed down... OOR maybe they are just tired.

EDIT: YEEEES, QATAR HAS SCORED :D

Shajan
18-6-13, 13:52
1st half:

Uzbekistan 0-1 Qatar
Korea Rep. 0-0 Iran

Korea is basically through.
Iran is through if Uzbekistan can't manage a win. Even if Uzbekistan manage a win they need to win with 5-1
If Uzbekistan wins and Iran loses, Iran goes to play-off and Uzbekistan can have a WC2014 party with Korea, Australia and Japan.

It's like this BEFORE the games kicked off:

Korea 14 +11
Iran 13 +5
Uzbek 11 +1

Shajan
18-6-13, 14:20
GOOOOOOOOOAL :D Reza Ghoochannejhad of Standard Liege !

Kellydoscope
18-6-13, 14:22

What else would you want to watch? :scarf

LordJamieOfCarragher
18-6-13, 14:25
GOOOOOOOOOAL :D Reza Ghoochannejhad of Standard Liege !

:)

Shajan
Korea Rep 0-1 Iran
Uzbekistan 1-1 Qatar

LordJamieOfCarragher
What else would you want to watch? :scarf

:)

I didn't watch it the first time

Shajan
18-6-13, 14:37
:O !!!
Korea almost scored from a freekick.
Uzbek 2-1 now, which means Iran has to be careful. If they concede they CANNOT afford to lose anymore.
15 min from WC

Shajan
18-6-13, 14:38
Noooo !!!!
Uzbekistan 3-1

Shajan
18-6-13, 14:43
Noooo !!!!
Uzbekistan 3-1

~10min

Uzbekistan 4-1. If they score 1 more and Korea score 1 Iran is in play-off.

Keegan7Suarez
18-6-13, 14:47
YAY!!!

:scarf

We got there and now we're going to RIO!! :D :D :D

Kloppette
18-6-13, 14:54
OMG so close, very exciting end to the game

Liverdinner
18-6-13, 14:55
The Asian situation is immense.

Iran and Korea seem to be through to the WC. No handshake at the end of the game.

Shajan
18-6-13, 14:55
World cup 2014 here we come :D woohooo

Liverdinner
18-6-13, 14:56
What a set of ***** Iran are.

Shajan
18-6-13, 14:57
What a set of ***** Iran are.

It was Carlos Queiroz. not the Iranians ...

Kellydoscope
18-6-13, 14:57
Congrats Shajan. :scarf

YAY!!!

We got there and now we're going to RIO!! :D :D :D

Who'd have thought it would be Kennedy to win it for us? Amazing.

Liverdinner
18-6-13, 14:59
It was Carlos Queiroz. not the Iranians ...

Two Iran players with the flag did it too.

Shajan
18-6-13, 14:59
Japan, Australia, Iran, Korea qualify to World Cup 2014.
Play-off is Uzbekistan - Oman/Jordan

Shajan
18-6-13, 15:01
Two Iran players with the flag did it too.

Well, you should have heard about the pre-match situation. The Korean called Iranians shameful and wanted to see Uzbekistan qualify instead of them because they got a bad hotel floor number (no joke) and said he hoped Iran wouldn't make it. Among other things, the Korean FA said he should explain himself and say he was sorry but he didn't. When a coach blasts a whole country for getting the wrong floor on their hotel, that's the least he deserves.

Liverdinner
18-6-13, 15:03
Well, you should have heard about the pre-match situation. The Korean called Iranians shameful and wanted to see Uzbekistan qualify instead of them because they got a bad hotel floor number (no joke) and said he hoped Iran wouldn't make it. Among other things, the Korean FA said he should explain himself and say he was sorry but he didn't. When a coach blasts a whole country for getting the wrong floor on their hotel, that's the least they deserve.

Lacks class, imo.

But I am glad Iran qualified, overall.

Kloppette
18-6-13, 15:05
Well, you should have heard about the pre-match situation. The Korean called Iranians shameful and wanted to see Uzbekistan qualify instead of them because they got a bad hotel floor number (no joke) and said he hoped Iran wouldn't make it. Among other things, the Korean FA said he should explain himself and say he was sorry but he didn't. When a coach blasts a whole country for getting the wrong floor on their hotel, that's the least he deserves.

Oh dear all sounds like handbags if you ask me lol

Shajan
18-6-13, 15:05
Lacks class, imo.

But I am glad Iran qualified, overall.

If it was me I'd agree with you. It would have been much more of a blow to the coach if they hadn't done that. Anyway, 2 players out of 20+ and the coach.

Liverdinner
18-6-13, 15:06
If it was me I'd agree with you. It would have been much more of a blow to the coach if they hadn't done that. Anyway, 2 players out of 20+ and the coach.

Okay, perhaps I should have said 'what ***** a few of the Iranians are'.

Kloppette
18-6-13, 15:12
U21 final next wooohooo

LordJamieOfCarragher
18-6-13, 15:15
Congratulations to S Korea and Iran, great effort by Uzbekistan though.

Shajan
18-6-13, 16:41
Congratulations to S Korea and Iran, great effort by Uzbekistan though.

Yeah that was some goal scoring late in the game. If S.Korea had equalized on that last header Iran would have been out!

Something to notice though. Iran only conceded 2 goals in all 8 games in this last stage and won both games against S.Korea. Though none of their other game were this counter-attacking, the last two were all-out attack.
The Koreans are very dangerous when they start running and interchanging positions outside of the penalty area, small little buggers haha. But they were not that good at crossing, or... their crosses were good but they didn't connect with anyone. I hope England and Sweden qualify as well. (I don't think Sweden will, they have some serious catching up to do)

Shajan
20-6-13, 16:03
Statistics for ALL Asian teams during the qualifications: http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/asia/statistics/index.html