PDA

View Full Version : Newcastle Utd.. the Dark Horses.. with White Stripes?

PaddockBeanie
9-8-11, 15:10
They need to invest still in their defence.. but I reckon they could do okay going forward this year. Tiote and Cabaye are a great central partnership and Ben Arfa fit could be a big plus. Ba will get them goals too.. he looked useful at West Hame, exactly what they need.. even obertan, if given a run, I reckon could be a shrewd bit of business...

Anway yeah, The toon could be better than what everyone think..

------------------Krul-------------------
---------Coloccini--Williamson---------
Simpson-------------------------Taylor
------------Cabaye--Tiote--------------
Barton/Obertan--------Gutierez/Marveux
---------------Ben Arfa------------------
------------------Ba----------------------

AggersElbow
9-8-11, 15:12
Defence looks shaky though

Fowi
9-8-11, 15:13
Mid table, IMO. They have too many inconsistent players.

18ANDCOUNTING
9-8-11, 15:13
Their front four of Obertan / Ba / Ben Arfa and Guteriez are all way too inconsistent but no doubt if they all click at the same time then they could take a few scalps .

TheKarlHeinzeRiddler
9-8-11, 15:15
Marveaux, Ba and Ben Arfa are all injury prone; the jury's out on Obertan; they're very light - I don't think they'll be much higher than 12th.

PaddockBeanie
9-8-11, 15:16
Their front four of Obertan / Ba / Ben Arfa and Guteriez are all way too inconsistent but no doubt if they all click at the same time then they could take a few scalps .

I agree.. Cabaye and Tiote could be a proper good CM partnership too.. On their day they could cause some teams real problems.. imo

18ANDCOUNTING
9-8-11, 15:18
I agree.. Cabaye and Tiote could be a proper good CM partnership too.. On their day they could cause some teams real problems.. imo

Tiote certainly . Like your thread title by the way .

Fowi
9-8-11, 15:19
Tiote certainly . Like your thread title by the way .

Yea. It's very dramatic. :D

FinnanFOREngland
9-8-11, 15:29
They'll certainly do better then many suspect in that there'll be no where near the relegation fight. I'd guess around 9th or 8th

RiiseAgainst
9-8-11, 15:56
But what about Ameobi, like?

BayernBru
9-8-11, 15:58
But what about Ameobi, like?

Shut up Dave!

50P-WSTB-Head
9-8-11, 16:05

That's me having £10 on them to finish in top 6 then. :p

Fowi
9-8-11, 16:06
That's me having £10 on them to finish in top 6 then. :p

They will not go above Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenham and Man City. That's for sure. And if someone is to disrupt those top 6 it won't be Newcastle.

phatnek
9-8-11, 16:15
Newcastle Utd.. the Dark Horses.. with White Stripes?

Zebras??? :D

Venks
9-8-11, 16:15
Without Enrique, they'd just not be the same. Enrique and Gutierrez rule the left flank and offer much in attack as well as defense.

FlawlessVictory
9-8-11, 16:26

Haha I enjoyed that.:D

RiiseAgainst
9-8-11, 16:30
Shut up Dave!

:(

Japlin
9-8-11, 19:12
Its a very French looking team. Can't see them doing anything particularly special. Top half at best.

Brego
9-8-11, 20:13
I think they'll struggle and probably be scrapping above relegation til march april

Kloppette
9-8-11, 20:26

This is what I was thinking altho "Newcastle the Zebra's" doesn't work as well as an OP.

On subject newcastle will struggle at first as moral will be low, interesting to see if they can turn it around but I think 15th around that mark. Dark Horses are Sunderland and Wigan for me

Graggster
10-8-11, 01:12
I think newcastle could be the surprise package.. I like what Pardew is doing and i reckon the owner is still learning but really trying to do something for the club.. Hes spent alot of money but made alot of mistakes. Yet still there and looking to move forward.

Newcastle need to stick by Pardew, not just this season.. He can get them back into europa and i reckon this time the owner will give the manager time.

PeachOfAGoal
10-8-11, 01:19
I think Newcastle will progress again this year, though there are a good few teams in that sort of category which makes it hard to judge whether they will even make the top 10, for example, Sunderland, Bolton, Villa, Everton...

On a side note, do you think the French aspect is deliberate? Sort of, camaraderie in the dressing room or something? It's just they have brought in so many French (or at least French-speaking) players, that it's hard to see it as anything other than a deliberate strategy.

andymunro
10-8-11, 01:42
Dark Horses are Sunderland and Wigan for me

Stoke are mine, I still have nightmares of that home draw in 2008. I watched us pepper the goal with shots for 90 mins after the stevie g's free kick was wrongly dissaloud in the first few minutes.

Then we drew against them away, and I don't remember enjoying playing them since, I don't look forward to a matchday against them at all.

BewilderedLemon
10-8-11, 01:45
Ba and Marveux don't have one good knee between them and Ben Arfa their best player is always injured, mid to lower table is my bet.

RiiseAgainst
10-8-11, 01:58
Stoke are mine, I still have nightmares of that home draw in 2008. I watched us pepper the goal with shots for 90 mins after the stevie g's free kick was wrongly dissaloud in the first few minutes.

Then we drew against them away, and I don't remember enjoying playing them since, I don't look forward to a matchday against them at all.

This. Stoke are always a worry for me.

HighFlyingBirds
10-8-11, 07:45
I think they'll struggle.

TG1234
10-8-11, 08:01
I think the top 5 will pick themselves, Spurs 6th IF they keep Modric, if he goes I think it will disrupt the morale more than his individual performances affecting the team.

I see Stoke, Sunderland and Fulham as the 2 to be challenging for the UEFA cup slots. If Stoke keep Woodgate fit, as unlikely as that is, I think him and Huth with Sorensson behind will take some breaking down, when we play them it might be the only game it might(?) be worth us playing Soto against as theit strike force are effective if very crude.

I think Jol is a good manager and with their 4 games already played in the UEFA Fulham will hit the ground running.

The thing against these teams is I think they will play strong teams in the Euro comp as it is a big thing for them, this could affect them later in the season wehn I see Sunderland gelling together with their completely new squad.

Pete_lad2014
10-8-11, 08:09
It's a very fragile situation up there though i'n regards there fans ATM moment with the ownership of the club. For me they have bought well so far but i'n terms of money spent they have only spent about 12m yet they have 40m from the Carrol and Nolan sales. Also with the likely sale on Enrigue to come will add another 5-8m. There fans are still waiting for the majority of that money to be spent. Somehow I don't think it will but if a good 20-25m was to be spent and it was spent on 2-3 defenders, they could be a dark horse

Pnigro
1-10-11, 20:09
Haven't seen much of them but wow 15 points out of 21 is amazing.

Are they sending out a message to us 4th place contenders?

-SilkySkills-
1-10-11, 20:12

not really

ShaftyBoy
1-10-11, 20:13
i believe wolves were very unlucky to lose at home to them, having said that, they are doing well at the moment, hopefully they'll drop away but take points off the chavs, the plastic chavs (salford satanists) and 'citeh' :scarf

Ad_Rock
1-10-11, 20:15

Haven't had a single tough game yet ie against a definite top ten team.

SixStringLuke
1-10-11, 20:17
Let's talk about this if they are within 5 points of 4th place in March.

Not as if they've had the most difficult fixtures to deal with up to this point. Aside from Arsenal, they've not faced any of the so called top teams.

They have bought well though. Ba looks handy but Cabaye might be a coup. Him and Tiote are quality in the centre.

Next game against Spurs. Let's see how they get on.

Bewdleyfan
1-10-11, 20:18

not really

What he's trying to say is, no. They've had a very good start considering the amount of new faces in their squad, however the fixture list has been kind to them. From the 31st of October - 3rd of December, they face:

Stoke (away)
Everton (home)
Man City (away)
Man Utd (away)
Chelsea (home)

I can see them maybe getting 3 points at most from those 5 matches.

Echos
1-10-11, 20:19
newcastle are the least of our worries

Cwmbran Red
1-10-11, 20:20

Good start from them, but in answer to your question, no.

Arsenal are the only big team they've played so far, and you can't really say that was much of a challenge when you consider the problems they've been through. Newcastle have a very tricky November - if they come through that with a good run (which I strongly doubt) only then will I take them seriously.

Ba has been outstanding for them though.

-SilkySkills-
1-10-11, 20:22
What he's trying to say is, no. They've had a very good start considering the amount of new faces in their squad, however the fixture list has been kind to them. From the 31st of October - 3rd of December, they face:

Stoke (away)
Everton (home)
Man City (away)
Man Utd (away)
Chelsea (home)

thanks for explaining , im on chilling out across the sofa , feeling very lazy :D

Ad_Rock
1-10-11, 20:23

Stoke (away)
Everton (home)
Man City (away)
Man Utd (away)
Chelsea (home)

With a bit of luck they'll get 3. Can see a big fa zero myself.

Still to play us and Spurs also. 21 points they won't get.

Bewdleyfan
1-10-11, 20:24
With a bit of luck they'll get 3. Can see a big fa zero myself.

Still to play us and Spurs also. 21 points they won't get.

I think they can beat Everton at home.

TrebleChaser
1-10-11, 20:33
For the record they are unbeaten. Not bad considering the changes and low expectations. You can only play whoever is in front of you.

Played Home: Arsenal 0:0. Fulham 2:1 Blackburn 3:1
Played Away: Sunderland 1:0 QPR 0:0 Villa 1:1 Wolves 2:1

As stated they have tougher matches coming up. I will be glad if they can take points off the two Mancs, Spurs and Chelsea for sure - I wish them well!

tracetherain
1-10-11, 20:35
to be fair, saying they haven't played a top club yet shouldn't be used against them, a) it isn't their fault and b) we don't know that they wont do well. If Newcastle had played United today, they way United played, I wouldn't have been the least bit surprised if they had gotten points or at least a point.

Navredman
1-10-11, 20:41

come back at the end of the season and tell us just how far out you were with that prediction :FP:

Pnigro
1-10-11, 20:48
come back at the end of the season and tell us just how far out you were with that prediction :FP:

I didn't predict anything.

I asked a question.

;)

Red-Man-Walking
1-10-11, 20:57
It's there best start in 17 years. Good for them but from the 31st October to 3rd December they'll be going down.

InsideTheOutside
1-10-11, 21:00
They've been OKAY. I've watched four or five of their league games thus far and they've gelled surprisingly well. Tiote and Cabaye will be very important to them. They've got quite a decent spine, or at least their spine has been performing much better than anyone had expected. Cabaye was a steal at the price they got him for. I think someone mentioned it on the BBC website earlier. Their midfield pair cost them around £8m in total. :eek: They've also got a potentially excellent keeper in Krul (and Harper, who's pretty decent himself as back-up). Newcastle have a habit of acquiring excellent keepers.

Steven Taylor (he made some excellent tackles today, including one heck of a last ditch tackle towards the end, Carragher style) and Coloccini are looking good at the back. I think giving Coloccini the armband has given him a new lease of life. He was shocking a few seasons ago but as were most Newcastle players. Despite their lack of a truly good striker, the one's they have are doing well. Leon Best, in particular. Ba will grab the headlines for his hat-trick and goal today but Best has scored 9 goals in 17 league games and chips in with the occasional assist, too.

They're in form, yes, but they've had a lot of fortune at times (today, in particular). They've got a good habit though - win when you're not playing well. They also have some good players still to come back! Ben Arfa and Santon.

I don't think they'll collapse as easily as people are suggesting they will but they have a difficult set of fixtures coming up and desperately needed to get some points on the board early on which, to their credit, they did.

Navredman
1-10-11, 21:00
I didn't predict anything.

I asked a question.

;)

Same thing in my opinion :D

PaddockBeanie
1-10-11, 21:14
smug bump :FP:

SixStringLuke
1-10-11, 21:15
smug bump :FP:

Is it March already?

:D

I kid, I kid!

:scarf

Graggster
1-10-11, 21:34
I was thinking about this thread before..

Kloppstachio
1-10-11, 21:42
Early days still but with Tiote, Cabaye, Gutierrez and Ba they really do have a strong core team and will be a handful for everyone. Their win vs. Wolves was comfortable and fairly impressive.

BeautifulHistory
1-10-11, 21:44
i thought they might have a good Season but did not think there defence whould up to much

-SilkySkills-
1-10-11, 21:49
i bet they lose 6 in a row now :D

imnofreak
2-10-11, 02:28
I think the real test for them will come in the following run of fixtures:

Stoke (away)
Everton (home)
City (away)
United (away)
Chelsea (home)

That's from 31st of October until the first week of December.

It's not unfeasible to suggest they'll only get one win from those.

-CADS-
2-10-11, 02:33
They need to invest still in their defence..

No they didn't...they've got the best defensive record out of anyone in the league. :eek:

Ellibertador
2-10-11, 04:23

Yeah, just a matter of time until they start to implode.

Superb
2-10-11, 04:26
Enrique said Newcastle have no ambition [for EPL achievement].

jamiechloe
2-10-11, 06:50
Waiting for them to play a top team yet

imnofreak
2-10-11, 06:53

They play City, United and Chelsea back to back, so that will be interesting.

Darrren1
2-10-11, 07:13
Its a very French looking team. Can't see them doing anything particularly special. Top half at best.

What more could they hope for? Even the likes of Utd and City wont finish any better than 'top half'.

SuperSpeedy
2-10-11, 07:30
Fair play to them but it is a long season and so many times we have witnessed teams falling apart after a good start, lets see if they can keep this up.

TeenageMutantNinJaSkrtel
2-10-11, 07:53
They've not played any of the other teams you would expect to be in the 8 this season.

Aside from playing Arsenal, you would have to say, out of all the Premier League teams, they have had the easiest start to the season.

Wolves, Blackburn, Villa, QPR, Fulham, Sunderland and Arsenal when they were in disarray at the start of the season.

It will start to get a bit sticky for them from now on with Spuds, Wigan away, Stoke away, Everton, City away, Utd away and Chelsea for their next 7 games.

I can only see them picking up between 2 and 6 points from that run of games.

By mid December, they will be in 8th to 10th.

BeautifulHistory
2-10-11, 09:29
said befor there midfield is near top 6 material Ben Arfa,Cabaye,Tioté are easy top 6 material, then add Marveaux & Gutiérrez who are ok Premier League players

Stan85
2-10-11, 11:00
They have done well so far. They may have had an easier start, but they have still got the points. Although they were VERY lucky against Wolves yesterday. Wolves deserved atleast a point if not all 3.

Anyhow they will start to drop points, but if they take points off our rivals then that's only good for us in my opinion, providing we beat them of course!

Stevie Jesus
2-10-11, 12:16
They could finish around 8th at best I'd say.. but one of those difficult teams to play if they are in form.. Wouldn't fancy a game at St James right now

Andyfagan
2-10-11, 12:18

Yep.

They've not played anyone of outright quality yet.

There's always one team that has a favourable run of fixtures for the first few months of the season and people always make comment about them, but usually by December everyone's played everyone else at least once and this team slumps down the league.

A few seasons ago we were saying Tottenham could win the league, Defoe was on fire after scoring 5 goals in one game and they were playing some nice stuff. Then they started playing the big boys and got nowhere near.

WineForMyMen
2-10-11, 12:19
I didn't know why people were tipping them as potential relegation candidates in the summer in the midst of them spending ambitiously (in terms of range) and sensibly.

They won't finish in the top 6, but they could conceivably top the next group which includes the likes of Everton, Stoke, Bolton perhaps, Villa.

Andyfagan
2-10-11, 12:23
I didn't know why people were tipping them as potential relegation candidates in the summer in the midst of them spending ambitiously (in terms of range) and sensibly.

They won't finish in the top 6, but they could conceivably top the next group which includes the likes of Everton, Stoke, Bolton perhaps, Villa.

I think they're roughly a top half team. The usual top 6 are all stronger of course and then after that I think Villa, Everton and Stoke have all looked more impressive than Newcastle despite having less points.

WineForMyMen
2-10-11, 12:32
I think they're roughly a top half team. The usual top 6 are all stronger of course and then after that I think Villa, Everton and Stoke have all looked more impressive than Newcastle despite having less points.

In all likelihood, yes. They'll be this season's Bolton/Sunderland - patronised for 'hanging in there so long', but ultimately fall away around or just after Christmas when games come thick and fast and injuries test the squad.

Stoke are a genuinely consistent side these days. Everton will always scrap their way through the season. Remains to be seen on Villa, but they could still be vulnerable to falling away. The end of October through November will be telling for Newcastle: Stoke (A), Everton (H), City (A), United (A), Chelsea (H). If they're still in the top 7 after that they'll have done well.

SweetSilverSeven
2-10-11, 12:36
Early days still but with Tiote, Cabaye, Gutierrez and Ba they really do have a strong core team and will be a handful for everyone. Their win vs. Wolves was comfortable and fairly impressive.

Wolves had a penalty turned down, and a perfectly good goal disallowed
Wolves could've had at least a point

Could've had three... but didn't deserve it :IN:

RogerHuntelaar
2-10-11, 12:36
In all likelihood, yes. They'll be this season's Bolton/Sunderland - patronised for 'hanging in there so long', but ultimately fall away around or just after Christmas when games come thick and fast and injuries test the squad.

Stoke are a genuinely consistent side these days. Everton will always scrap their way through the season. Remains to be seen on Villa, but they could still be vulnerable to falling away. The end of October through November will be telling for Newcastle: Stoke (A), Everton (H), City (A), United (A), Chelsea (H). If they're still in the top 7 after that they'll have done well.

Spot on, in my opinion.

MFJTS
2-10-11, 19:37

No. I'm not worried at all about Newcastle. It's great that they've started this well and it probably means they don't have to worry about relegation (even though it's still very early) but I can't see them maintaining this unbeaten run. They'll fall away soon enough. It's Arsenal and Spurs I'm looking behind my shoulder at.

Gerrardinho5
2-10-11, 19:52
They've started well indeed. But they always shoot themselves in the foot so not worried in the slightest.

SuperJC23
2-10-11, 20:33
I don't think Newcastle will be bothered if they lose when facing the top teams, they're beating the teams they should be beating which is easier said than done in this league.

If they continue to do that they'll push for a top half place for sure.

-SilkySkills-
2-10-11, 21:30
they will lose the next six

Scrams
2-10-11, 21:43
Up until now, I very much disregarded Pardew's manegerial skills, maybe he'll prove me wrong.

MeanMrMustard
2-10-11, 22:23
Imagine how good they would be if they had a couple of more key players, the likes of...oh I don't know...Jose Enrique and Andy Carroll ?? :IN:

herbeer
3-10-11, 02:41
And they have held onto the Ranfurly Shield all season so far...

http://forums.liverpoolfc.tv/showthread.php?t=266829

Pardew has done a great job, thought they would be a cotcase this year. No way in top 8 I think, but they will be easily mid-table

IncredibleSulk
3-10-11, 03:21
Newcastle will be a bit like Charlie Adam, look good for a while then get found out. In fact when Liverpool sell Adam Newcastle would probably be one of the top contenders to take him, its about that level.

aRandomNameHere
3-10-11, 04:21
Newcastle will be a bit like Charlie Adam, look good for a while then get found out. In fact when Liverpool sell Adam Newcastle would probably be one of the top contenders to take him, its about that level.

they'll have to pay 11 million for his left foot, that evaluation came from SAF

Scrams
3-10-11, 08:35

:FP: Just give it a rest will ya

RiiseAgainst
3-10-11, 09:00

Speechless.

RedKite
3-10-11, 11:41
Pardew has done well for them. And if Mike Ashley wanted £100 million for the club in 2000 what is he asking now?

Ad_Rock
3-10-11, 11:43
Of the top ten, they'd played one team.

If they'd had the reverse - a start of Stoke, Everton, City, United, Chelsea, us and Spurs they'd be right about where Bolton are now.

RedKite
3-10-11, 11:50
....... to theamerican00: do you support any football team?

TomHighwaysM16
3-10-11, 11:50
See Blackpool last season.

redhoops
3-10-11, 12:01
They are bolton in reverse so far,both in a false place due to their fixtures.

11th at best for me.

TeenageMutantNinJaSkrtel
3-10-11, 12:03
Up until now, I very much disregarded Pardew's manegerial skills, maybe he'll prove me wrong.

Cue Mike Ashley sacking him.

paul143
3-10-11, 12:42
They have done well so far. They may have had an easier start, but they have still got the points. Although they were VERY lucky against Wolves yesterday. Wolves deserved atleast a point if not all 3.

Anyhow they will start to drop points, but if they take points off our rivals then that's only good for us in my opinion, providing we beat them of course!

Have we discovered what they did with the money we gave them for Carroll :eek:

Yes they may have had an easier start than some. However success does breed success so if they are able to continue with this form then they will give most teams a scare. Also in Krul I believe they have a good keeper.

Alpha Papa
3-10-11, 12:44
I don't see them keeping this up. Certainly don't feel threatened by them.

That said, they look like they'll get top half, which they should be pleased about given the ****head owner in charge.

TheWalkingRed
3-10-11, 14:20
I'd say they were white horses...with dark stripes but how the hell do you tell?

RogerHuntelaar
3-10-11, 14:20
I'd say they were white horses...with dark stripes but how the hell do you tell?

Pnigro
16-10-11, 18:02
Great match today!!!!!!!

Blazt3roidz
16-10-11, 18:11
Great match today!!!!!!!

I caught the last 15 minutes.

What a game! I'm going to keep a look out for Newcastle this year. Pardew isn't doing that bad haha

kopitecrash
16-10-11, 18:15
Can't underestimate them at all. They could finish top four, because they have the player in their first eleven to do it. That said, they'll fall short.

Don't think they would have done this well under Hughton. Although Hughton is still an underrated manager imo.

RedGedinLA
16-10-11, 18:19
Am I the only one who wishes we had made an investment in Jonas Guttierez in the off-season. He's turning quietly into one of the best wingers in the Prem. Strong, fast, direct and amazingly skillful with a great temperament.
I love watching him play...

dvbdanvinbentley
16-10-11, 18:24
so glad that ended a draw,any points dropped by other top 4 contenders is great news.

but i want us to most importantly start consistantly winning 3 points from playing good football.

RyanBabylon
16-10-11, 20:19
Tiote is a fantastic player.

Graggster
16-10-11, 20:29
Am I the only one who wishes we had made an investment in Jonas Guttierez in the off-season. He's turning quietly into one of the best wingers in the Prem. Strong, fast, direct and amazingly skillful with a great temperament.
I love watching him play...

Hes always looked good for me..

RafaLaBamba
16-10-11, 21:02
One of the best games this season. Ameobi, yes ameobi, was magical when he came on! :rolleyes:

mark89er
16-10-11, 22:18
tad early

but good prediction

Megali-Idea
16-10-11, 22:45
Newcastle outplayed Spurs. Deserved a win. They looked very good today, last 15-20 minutes of the game was fantastic as well.

RedKite
16-10-11, 22:56
Zebras are dark horses with white stripes.

LHunter
16-10-11, 23:31
I saw the game today Newcastle was very good

November & the first game in December is going to be a real test
Everton, Manchester city, Manchester united, Chelsea In that order.

Ellibertador
17-10-11, 03:13
They are on the crest of a wave just now.

It will all implode soon.

Mid-table at best.

They will do well to finish in top ten.

RiiseAgainst
17-10-11, 05:18
Hes always looked good for me..

Likewise. I've always tried to watch Newcastle's games and he's always looked impressive to me.

Cabaye looks every bit the player they needed alongside Tiote as well. Newcastle have been very impressive thus far.

Keegan7Suarez
17-10-11, 09:03
Who cares what they finish because we already know 2 things:

1. They will be below Liverpool
2. We will take 6 points from them

Luis Suarezz
17-10-11, 09:06
Im falling inlove with tiote would not mind him at all at Anfield. Hope we make a move for him if he leaves.

Dashmundo
17-10-11, 10:05
This team is managed by Alan Pardew. Seriously. Just wait - they will collapse. I'm glad they're going through this run while we're not playing them.

Alpha Papa
17-10-11, 10:08
This team is managed by Alan Pardew. Seriously. Just wait - they will collapse. I'm glad they're going through this run while we're not playing them.

This. Not worried by Newcastle. The squad does nothing for me. Not nearly enough quality. That said, they were working ****** hard yesterday, and knew their roles. That should be enough to ensure they get top half.

Stevie Jesus
17-10-11, 11:03
They've had a good start, nothing more.. they'll finish mid-table.

At the moment they're all together because the owners are **** and their best players have left, it always happens.. but in the end it fails.

Mountainman
17-10-11, 13:09
They may not have the squad for top 4 but they gave as good as they got against a genuine top 4 contender yesterday.

Goes to show what motivation and team togetherness can do.

While they have been badly run for a while, they are a biggish club in other ways (support base). Really should have won the Premier League in the 90s too.

This season, I think 7th is best they can get (after Liverpool, Man C, Man U, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal).

RiiseAgainst
17-10-11, 14:50
They may not have the squad for top 4 but they gave as good as they got against a genuine top 4 contender yesterday.

Goes to show what motivation and team togetherness can do.

While they have been badly run for a while, they are a biggish club in other ways (support base). Really should have won the Premier League in the 90s too.

This season, I think 7th is best they can get (after Liverpool, Man C, Man U, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal).

Agree with this, but they've been impressive so far.

JoeRedLabo
17-10-11, 14:58
Pardew had a simular start with west ham a few years back think when they 1st come back up with the likes of harewood, zamora an benayoun they tailed off, newcastle have found some serios talent in the transfer market tho, cabeye an tiote mainly.

BeautifulHistory
17-10-11, 15:15

why when they got Yohan Cabaye, who is much beter then adam

Keegan7Suarez
18-10-11, 01:45
Agree with this, but they've been impressive so far.

They have not even travelled to a top club's stadium yet. Wait until they travel to anfield, old trafford, etihad and the bridge and then host those 4 teams.

they will get between 0 and 2 points from a possible 24.

RiiseAgainst
18-10-11, 02:35
They have not even travelled to a top club's stadium yet. Wait until they travel to anfield, old trafford, etihad and the bridge and then host those 4 teams.

they will get between 0 and 2 points from a possible 24.

What's that got to do with my comment? I said they've been impressive so far, and they have. They've played some great football at times and they've gotten some good results.

Bewdleyfan
18-10-11, 08:34
What's that got to do with my comment? I said they've been impressive so far, and they have. They've played some great football at times and they've gotten some good results.

Indeed. I've been very impressed with Newcastle. They have match winners in their squad, the return of Ben Arfa will boost their performances also. The Frenchman can be selfish and inconsistent, but when in form he can also turn a game on it's head.

RiiseAgainst
18-10-11, 08:39
Indeed. I've been very impressed with Newcastle. They have match winners in their squad, the return of Ben Arfa will boost their performances also. The Frenchman can be selfish and inconsistent, but when in form he can also turn a game on it's head.

Definitely. Ben Arfa is a very talented player. I was upset to see him injured last season, as he's great to watch. Glad that he's back in action now.

Providing they can avoid injuries, this could be quite the season for them. Their first eleven is pretty good, they just lack depth.

LovelyCushionedHeader
19-10-11, 10:08
They have enough high-end premier league players to have a good season but I think top 4 is way too much to ask I do however think that Newcastle Stoke Villa will make it more difficult for Arsenal to just shoot back into the top 6.

RiiseAgainst
19-10-11, 10:28
They have enough high-end premier league players to have a good season but I think top 4 is way too much to ask I do however think that Newcastle Stoke Villa will make it more difficult for Arsenal to just shoot back into the top 6.

Agree with Newcastle and Stoke, but I don't see Villa pushing for a top 6 finish.

Pnigro
22-10-11, 17:14
Someone tell Newcastle they can start losing games now.

Red-Man-Walking
22-10-11, 17:18
Stoke (A)
Everton (H)
City (A)
United (A)
Chelsea (H)

Newcastle should lose 4/5 of those games.

tracetherain
22-10-11, 17:26
Stoke (A)
Everton (H)
City (A)
United (A)
Chelsea (H)

Just like they SHOULD have lost to Tottenham last week? Everyone keeps using their upcoming schedule against them. Based off what I've seen so far they find ways to win/get points. And until I see otherwise I will maintain that they look a quality side this season ( not saying they will maintain top 4) but could be fighting for a spot in Europe

RedXForever
22-10-11, 17:30
Just like they SHOULD have lost to Tottenham last week? Everyone keeps using their upcoming schedule against them. Based off what I've seen so far they find ways to win/get points. And until I see otherwise I will maintain that they look a quality side this season ( not saying they will maintain top 4) but could be fighting for a spot in Europe

You can relax my friend, they accidentally managed to sign a couple of good players in Cabaye and Demba Ba. They will not last the distance. They are Newcastle, if nothing else goes wrong (and that is a big if considering Pardew is their manager) they get injuries in heaps, sad for them but that is how it always is.

InsideTheOutside
22-10-11, 18:37
"Accidentally" signed good players? Come on now, it's time to give them and their manager a bit of credit. Demba Ba had a good goal scoring record at West Ham and Newcastle snatched him before anyone else came in and Cabaye is known to be a very good player, like Ben Arfa. They didn't "accidentally" sign good players. That was just good business. No luck involved.

tracetherain
22-10-11, 19:38
You can relax my friend, they accidentally managed to sign a couple of good players in Cabaye and Demba Ba. They will not last the distance. They are Newcastle, if nothing else goes wrong (and that is a big if considering Pardew is their manager) they get injuries in heaps, sad for them but that is how it always is.

Telling me to calm down? Hahaha okay whatever.

I'll tell you this, they look a helluva lot more convincing right now than we do.

GeorgeLFC
22-10-11, 19:40
Being from Newcastle myself I have to say I have been surprised by their league position but having followed most of the results (After Liverpool's ofcourse) I have to say they have done well.

For me the midfield partnership of Tiote & Cabaye is right up there among the top one's in the league atm. The underrated Gutierezz has done well along with Arfa but the stand out player has been Demba Ba. What a good signing. Newcastle need one more quality striker, they did try to sign Berbatov in the summer, no harm in trying another cheeky bid in Jan and they will be very strong side.

BoDiddley
22-10-11, 20:34
Being from Newcastle myself I have to say I have been surprised by their league position but having followed most of the results (After Liverpool's ofcourse) I have to say they have done well.

For me the midfield partnership of Tiote & Cabaye is right up there among the top one's in the league atm. The underrated Gutierezz has done well along with Arfa but the stand out player has been Demba Ba. What a good signing. Newcastle need one more quality striker, they did try to sign Berbatov in the summer, no harm in trying another cheeky bid in Jan and they will be very strong side.

I noted Pardew praising the owner the other week.
Must mean he's got funds to strengthen in January I think

Pnigro
31-10-11, 21:54
Someone tell Newcastle they can start losing games now.

This.

sjcrosby
31-10-11, 22:11
Stoke (A)
Everton (H)
City (A)
United (A)
Chelsea (H)

I admit the barcodes are playing some decent football, but I don't expect them to still be in the top 4 when they've played their next 3 games ;) I reckon the most they can hope for would be a point against chavs. Really don't expect them to beat mancs or city (although it wouldn't be the end of the world if they do).

Captain Mauser
31-10-11, 23:45
Better Newcastle than those cockney bellends at White Hart Lane.

RiiseAgainst
1-11-11, 03:17
Another impressive performance against Stoke. Individually they don't have the most talented players, but they work ****** hard for each other. Fantastic team work ethic at Newcastle right now.

Think they could give Chelsea and United a run for their money in the upcoming games, although I expect City to take three points away from them.

PaddockBeanie
6-4-12, 21:27
Before the season began I started a thread titled the same.. I can't find it now though since the forum re-furb..

But I wanted to again just state I was right! :rolleyes:

no but seriously, well done Newcastle.. I'm just amazed that pundits are scratching their heads at how they've achieved this..

Tiote was one of the best players in a Twente side that won the league..
Cabaye was the captain of the French league winning side..
Ben Arfa was always one of France' hot properties.. At Lyon and Marseille
Demba Ba was clearly made for the perm as soon as he first played for West Ham..

None of these signings weren't going to work for me.. I know they've got away with it a bit at the back but they've bought very very well and for me, it's not much of a surprise.

They bought top players from league winning sides... For cheap. I don't really want this to be about us.. But Newcastle didn't pick from mid table sides.. But top, league winning sides.. Surely that makes sense...

Anyway, I really hope they get top 4. Just to stun a few of the cockneys! :)

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
6-4-12, 21:30
If you called it early on, fair play to you.

But for me, the praise is going OTT, and let's see how they do next season. Ipswich comes to mind.

Also, they operate a similar scout/coach structure to what we keep being told can't work for us.

WindyShepherdHenderson
6-4-12, 21:30
So when is this slump going to happen then?

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
6-4-12, 21:31
If you called it early on, fair play to you.

But for me, the praise is going OTT, and let's see how they do next season. Ipswich comes to mind.

Also, they operate a similar scout/coach structure to what we keep being told can't work for us.

WindyShepherdHenderson
6-4-12, 21:31
Who cares what they finish because we already know 2 things:

1. They will be below Liverpool
2. We will take 6 points from them

lulz

shody1976
6-4-12, 21:33
lulz

Newcastle will flop next season.

MiraclesArePossible
6-4-12, 21:34
Are you suggesting that the Newcastle team are zebras in disguise?

WindyShepherdHenderson
6-4-12, 21:37

"And we'll have the last laugh"?

Blazt3roidz
6-4-12, 21:39

If they don't, they can flop the season after that. :P

pete752
6-4-12, 21:40

"Next year is our year".

WindyShepherdHenderson
6-4-12, 21:40
"Next year is our year".

Circa 2002

PaddockBeanie
6-4-12, 21:42
:scarf I wasn't able to find this on the search engine at all.. It's nice to bask in the one time I was right :)

shody1976
6-4-12, 21:43

Ah Kriz. One day, I will teach and help you to understand the unique brilliance that gives me such foresight, but not yet. In the meantime my young apprentice, continue your Ibra worship and marvel at my continuing genius.

LawdyDawdy
6-4-12, 21:46
I also thought a slump would happen because they rely on certain players to deliver and their squad is a bit small.

But slowly they seem to be building a squad based on shrewd (but simple) purchases. For every Ba there is a Cisse. And having the likes of Obertan as back up for Ben Afra and Jonas isn't bad at all.

I reckon they will try to strengthen in the full back and CM areas in the summer.

Sachfield79
6-4-12, 21:50
They r a good side, no doubt about that. Hope LFC can turn things around in a similar fashion, only further up the table!

BeautifulHistory
6-4-12, 22:00

Newcastle can keep bulk of their stars, carry on with their good smart purchasing policy, then i can not see them been out top 6 next year

shody1976
6-4-12, 22:28
Newcastle can keep bulk of their stars, carry on with their good smart purchasing policy, then i can not see them been out top 6 next year

I can.

Andyfagan
6-4-12, 22:35

:FP:

Paullfc1976
6-4-12, 22:36
:FP:

I am not going go through this thread, I don't want to see what I said :D

EDIT: This is my only post in this thread.

shody1976
6-4-12, 22:43
I am not going go through this thread, I don't want to see what I said :D

EDIT: This is my only post in this thread.

Newcastle have finished above us before. They even whacked us 3-0 at Anfield in 1992-93. But in my eyes, they'll always veca smalltime irrelevance, as I always tell them on twitter.

NileBread
6-4-12, 22:52
Kriz (http://southparkstudios-intl.mtvnimages.com/shared/sps/images/shows/southpark/vertical_video/season_14/sp_1411_clip05.jpg?width=480)

'Stim
6-4-12, 23:20
Let's see where they are this time next season. If they are are where they are now-with almost the same players(Mike Ashley hasn't sold a load to make a mint again),then they are building something significant which shouldn't be taken lightly. Let's see how they do,how Cisse,Ba,Arfa do in their second season together. Follow up seasons for new players or promoted teams are always a tough test,Football has a knack of finding out & stopping success stories. Time will tell. Excellent job done by Newcastle as a club in the last two seasons,truly excellent.

BRISY
6-4-12, 23:24
The toon often have good seasons in the aftermath of a relegation and promotion, they done it regular in their history

They always end up back at square one tho before long....In 1993 you wouldn't of had them as title contenders within 3 seasons, and also in the same respect in 1996 you wouldnt of thought that 14 years later they'd be championship team

Kloppette
7-4-12, 01:22
Before the season began I started a thread titled the same.. I can't find it now though since the forum re-furb..

no but seriously, well done Newcastle.. I'm just amazed that pundits are scratching their heads at how they've achieved this..

Demba Ba was clearly made for the perm as soon as he first played for West Ham..

None of these signings weren't going to work for me.. I know they've got away with it a bit at the back but they've bought very very well and for me, it's not much of a surprise.

They bought top players from league winning sides... For cheap. I don't really want this to be about us.. But Newcastle didn't pick from mid table sides.. But top, league winning sides.. Surely that makes sense...

I remember the thread, the first lot of replys were to do with Zebra's and jokes like that, then people started taking it more seriously.

They picked up some good players, i remember being amazed they got Santon as well.

TheRiedle
7-4-12, 01:25
Didn't you get lambasted for saying Newcastle would finish above us? I know I did.

RogerHuntelaar
7-4-12, 01:56
The succes of Newcastle is evidence of how much the Premier League has fallen in terms of the quality of football. They are half decent, nothing special, yet they are contenders for fourth. We should be ashamed to finish below them.

Kloppette
7-4-12, 02:03
The succes of Newcastle is evidence of how much the Premier League has fallen in terms of the quality of football. They are half decent, nothing special, yet they are contenders for fourth. We should be ashamed to finish below them.

Its actually a sign of putting a good team together that functions and is good in front of goal, the ability of players will always come second to a functioning team.

I don't know how he has managed it but he has done a good job and as the OP mentioned he brought in the right players at the right time and hey have all been on form, it may not last but for this season it has clearly worked.

-CADS-
7-4-12, 02:05
http://forums.liverpoolfc.tv/threads/267703-Newcastle-Utd-the-Dark-Horses-with-White-Stripes

Good thread, great prediction.

Kloppette
7-4-12, 02:10
This is what I was thinking altho "Newcastle the Zebra's" doesn't work as well as an OP.

On subject newcastle will struggle at first as moral will be low, interesting to see if they can turn it around but I think 15th around that mark. Dark Horses are Sunderland and Wigan for me

Wahhhaayy, oh dear, I thought the loss of many players would leave them deflated but the reverse happened and the new signings gelled well. As for Wigan :FP:

domino
7-4-12, 02:16
http://forums.liverpoolfc.tv/threads/267703-Newcastle-Utd-the-Dark-Horses-with-White-Stripes

Good thread, great prediction.

Fowi wrong as per.

CharlieManson
7-4-12, 02:18
One thing they did do was realise they wont progress with Carroll the centre of a system, so they sack the manager, sell the player and rebuild, taking it up another notch and going for champions league... Hmmm... Wonder what soft.... bought the player...

Hang on a minute...

NileBread
7-4-12, 02:25
One thing they did do was realise they wont progress with Carroll the centre of a system, so they sack the manager, sell the player and rebuild, taking it up another notch and going for champions league... Hmmm... Wonder what soft.... bought the player...

Hang on a minute...

Funny.

shody1976
7-4-12, 08:01

You're a pretty depressing dude these days Rog. VBuy a jar of vasoline, a pair of rubber gloves and go and find yourself a hot Dutch chick. That should make you feel better.

TheRiedle
7-4-12, 08:14
You're a pretty depressing dude these days Rog. VBuy a jar of vasoline, a pair of rubber gloves and go and find yourself a hot Dutch chick. That should make you feel better.

Does he need all of that knowing Amsertdam is just round the corner? :D

ScotMercer
7-4-12, 08:21

Good prediction - and seems you can add Cisse to that list now and all for less than Andy Carroll. Great business - makes you wonder where our scouting staff have been and what the hell they are thinking. :FP:

BeautifulHistory
7-4-12, 09:31
Let's see where they are this time next season. If they are are where they are now-with almost the same players(Mike Ashley hasn't sold a load to make a mint again),then they are building something significant which shouldn't be taken lightly. Let's see how they do,how Cisse,Ba,Arfa do in their second season together. Follow up seasons for new players or promoted teams are always a tough test,Football has a knack of finding out & stopping success stories. Time will tell. Excellent job done by Newcastle as a club in the last two seasons,truly excellent.

that why you buy new player to keep it fresh as for being found out, if if they can keep their stars are easily top six premiership players,

That the reality we had to deal with only one of Dalglish's British players would make the squad of two teams challenging for the title, one has the potential to be top six material the rest a mid-table signings.

BeautifulHistory
7-4-12, 09:42

you can add to that list Tim Krul,Davide Santon & then the good squad players Haris Vuckic,Sammy Ameobi,Mehdi Abeid,Ryan Taylor

Fowi
7-4-12, 09:45
I guess it's a combination of Newcastle being better and teams around them faltering. But they have done really well. As has been said it will be interesting to see if they can keep it up.

RogerHuntelaar
7-4-12, 10:21

You should pop in off-topic some more then, I'm usually much more cheerful than when posting on here. Reasons are obvious. :(

rcsc1
7-4-12, 10:38
Good manager and good key buys

phidelta42
7-4-12, 11:25
Fingers and toes crossed that they nick 4th from Spurs :)

aRandomNameHere
9-4-12, 17:02
if Newcastle make the 4th spot I'm going to kick a puppy

digger1
9-4-12, 17:07
Hopefully we can sell Carrol back to them now....theyll have the cl cash.

SalahDressing
9-4-12, 17:07
Newcastle
Stoke (h)
Wigan (a)
Chelsea (a)
Man C (h)
Everton (a)

Looking at those fixtures, they won't get CL football in my book. Europa place is still a very, very good season if they qualify for that though.

Ad_Rock
9-4-12, 17:08
Fowi wrong as per.

You're quite right :D

RedGedinLA
9-4-12, 18:15
My guess is that if Newcastle sneak above Spurs and Chelsea and actually threaten to get 4th, that's when they will go on a run for very bad refereeing decisions....:rolleyes:

'Stim
21-4-12, 19:39
I can't quite believe it. They are there by merit,they've been in with a shout for Euro competition all season long. Tremendous effort from the Toon.

In 4th Spot for Champions league Football.

Parrant
21-4-12, 21:57
Newcastle
Stoke (h) - W
Wigan (a) - W
Chelsea (a) - D
Man C (h) - L
Everton (a) - W

Looking at those fixtures, they won't get CL football in my book. Europa place is still a very, very good season if they qualify for that though.

The stand only to drop 4 points, they have a great chance of finishing above Chelsea and Spurs...well done Newcastle, the surprise of the season and manager of the season, no matter what happens from now on in

BoDiddley
21-4-12, 22:06
Graham Carr for our new director of football

Give him Comolli's and Brukner's wages combined

Parrant
21-4-12, 22:08
Yep good shout Bo

Raphaelthe2nd
21-4-12, 22:11
I think they're up there for the same reason Spurs fluked it a couple of seasons back, other than their Premier League matches they've only played 3 competitive games, they're all very fresh and will finish strongly, and like Spurs I think they will get found out when they're trying to manage 2 games a week next season, along with all the travelling and nowhere like as much rest or preparation time.

GiorgosCarraGoonies
21-4-12, 22:19
Graham Carr for our new director of football

Give him Comolli's and Brukner's wages combined

We can get his son to be cheerleader too.

Bewdleyfan
21-4-12, 22:23
Pardew's done a fantastic job thus far, the dynamics of the team is particular impressive, especially in midfield currently where they have a three consisting of Tiote, Gutierrez and Cabaye. With or without Champions League, Newcastle will have to be treated as a top side throughout the coming season(s), they're two or three very good signings away from an extremely compotent squad.

TeenageMutantNinJaSkrtel
21-4-12, 22:35
I think they're up there for the same reason Spurs fluked it a couple of seasons back, other than their Premier League matches they've only played 3 competitive games, they're all very fresh and will finish strongly, and like Spurs I think they will get found out when they're trying to manage 2 games a week next season, along with all the travelling and nowhere like as much rest or preparation time.

I really hope Newcastle finish 4th. Two reasons.

All the Spuds fans crawl back into the woodwork, and Newcastle join Spurs in keeping OUR Champions League spot warm.

----

The way I see it, both are flash in the pan teams.

Spuds haven't got the infrastructure to sustain a prolonged maintenance of a CL spot. Guaranteed they will lose their manager for next season, and while their 'fans' will will dreaming of Maureen, they will probably end up with Allardyce, or if they are lucky, Moyes.

Newcastle's undoing will be Mike Ashley.

Spurs have had their moment in the sun. Positive a few of their best players will move to 'big clubs' next season.

Let Newcastle enjoy it for a season if they make it. Was watching the Premier League fanzone earlier on today. Geordie fans emailing in, WORRIED about being embarrassed in the competition should they finish 4th.

Another thing about the 'official' premier league channel. When they talk about top clubs, we still get mentioned along with the two Manchester teams and Chelsea.

TeenageMutantNinJaSkrtel
21-4-12, 22:36
Pardew's done a fantastic job thus far, the dynamics of the team is particular impressive, especially in midfield currently where they have a three consisting of Tiote, Gutierrez and Cabaye. With or without Champions League, Newcastle will have to be treated as a top side throughout the coming season(s), they're two or three very good signings away from an extremely compotent squad.

Cue Mike Ashley selling in the summer. :p

KeemI
21-4-12, 22:37

Are you okay?

prredhouse
21-4-12, 22:41
Best of luck to Newcastle, they have suffered their share of bad luck(albeit by their own hand) but i can understand why people dont like their mgt and directors.
they have bought well and have a very good fighting spirit about them.

Lets hope we will be in the driving seat next year to be really patronising!

The-Hawkster
21-4-12, 22:50
They've certainly capitalised on three teams who have had lacklustre seasons, Us, Chelsea and more recently Tottenham that and some very astute buys in the last two transfer windows.

Alan Pardew certainly would be deserving of Manager of the Year.

Only thing I'd be concerned about if I were a Toon fan is what will Mike Ashley do to the team heading into next season, sell their stars for a profit, spend zero on improving the team in readiness for the CL or strengthen it.

prredhouse
21-4-12, 22:55
They've certainly capitalised on three teams who have had lacklustre seasons, Us, Chelsea and more recently Tottenham that and some very astute buys in the last two transfer windows.

Alan Pardew certainly would be deserving of Manager of the Year.

Only thing I'd be concerned about if I were a Toon fan is what will Mike Ashley do to the team heading into next season, sell their stars for a profit, spend zero on improving the team in readiness for the CL or strengthen it.

Raphaelthe2nd
21-4-12, 22:59
I really hope Newcastle finish 4th. Two reasons.

All the Spuds fans crawl back into the woodwork, and Newcastle join Spurs in keeping OUR Champions League spot warm.

----

The way I see it, both are flash in the pan teams.

Spuds haven't got the infrastructure to sustain a prolonged maintenance of a CL spot. Guaranteed they will lose their manager for next season, and while their 'fans' will will dreaming of Maureen, they will probably end up with Allardyce, or if they are lucky, Moyes.

Newcastle's undoing will be Mike Ashley.

Spurs have had their moment in the sun. Positive a few of their best players will move to 'big clubs' next season.

Let Newcastle enjoy it for a season if they make it. Was watching the Premier League fanzone earlier on today. Geordie fans emailing in, WORRIED about being embarrassed in the competition should they finish 4th.

Another thing about the 'official' premier league channel. When they talk about top clubs, we still get mentioned along with the two Manchester teams and Chelsea.

I believe both are flash in the pans also

'Stim
22-4-12, 01:59
We can get his son to be cheerleader too.

They always say choosing the right Carr is very important.

InsomniacOlympics
22-4-12, 02:01
How do people rate Cabaye?

BabelCopter
22-4-12, 02:02
They need to invest still in their defence.. but I reckon they could do okay going forward this year. Tiote and Cabaye are a great central partnership and Ben Arfa fit could be a big plus. Ba will get them goals too.. he looked useful at West Hame, exactly what they need.. even obertan, if given a run, I reckon could be a shrewd bit of business...

Credit to OP for spotting this one in its infancy! :eek:

Everything apart from including Marveux as a potential danger on the wing was spot on ;) :D

BabelCopter
22-4-12, 02:03
How do people rate Cabaye?

Very, very good.

My flatmate's a Newcastle fan and loves him - he's the heartbeat of the team apparently.

It's just the defending aspect that he apparently can't do so well, but that's what they've got Tiote for.

InsomniacOlympics
22-4-12, 02:09
Very, very good.

My flatmate's a Newcastle fan and loves him - he's the heartbeat of the team apparently.

It's just the defending aspect that he apparently can't do so well, but that's what they've got Tiote for.

Wonder if he'll stay at Newcastle, I've seen some Cabaye games, and he does look like the kind of player who can control a game.

Teams will be after him if he keeps it up

BabelCopter
22-4-12, 02:15
Wonder if he'll stay at Newcastle, I've seen some Cabaye games, and he does look like the kind of player who can control a game.

Teams will be after him if he keeps it up

Certainly, yeh. I don't know how much they got him for, but they stand to make a big profit on him!

Now that Newcastle are into Europe (and particularly if they get the a CL place), I think most of their attacking players will stay as Pardew sures up his defence this summer.
With a defence that matches their attack, Newcastle could challenge for Top 4 regularly. If their defence doesn't improve, I think they'll drop to 8th or so next season (God, I'd hate it if Liverpool ever dropped that low! :ninja:), and we'll then see Cabaye, Pa**** Cisse, Ben Arfa and Tiote leave...

I wouldn't mind him in our squad though, if that's what you're implying :D

cperchard
22-4-12, 08:03
How must Enrique and Carroll be feeling leaving them for bigger things and champions league :-(

Really hope next year we prove who's really the big club!

shody1976
22-4-12, 08:07
I love how people in this thread are making out Pardew to be some sort of tactical genius and their scouting department to be the best around. Ben Arfa, Cisse, Ba - none of these players will perform half as well next season. Please not for example, it's been 10 games since Ba last scored.

BeautifulHistory
22-4-12, 08:11

I would never call these players Cabaye,Tioté, Santon, Ba, Cissé,Krul,Ben Arfa

flash in the pan one-hit wonders, as they are very good quality players and they got a merging talent in Vučkić,Sammy Ameobi,Abeid if Newcastle can add at least three more quality players to go with their British players then I can't see Newcastle being a one-hit wonder we have to get used to that

BeautifulHistory
22-4-12, 08:13
I love how people in this thread are making out Pardew to be some sort of tactical genius and their scouting department to be the best around. Ben Arfa, Cisse, Ba - none of these players will perform half as well next season. Please not for example, it's been 10 games since Ba last scored.

and do you know why he hasn't scored because Ba is now playing a more wide role and letting Cissé be the main striker rather than a pair

jamiechloe
22-4-12, 08:34
When i see the table i get severely depressed. How we are not in that mix is criminal but u guess thats tbe beauty of good buys at the right time

jamiechloe
22-4-12, 08:39

You can say what you want, they are 4th FACT!!! Anything else you have said is irrelevant

KeemI
22-4-12, 08:45

Reality versus your fantasy.

Alon1
22-4-12, 08:55
I love how people in this thread are making
out Pardew to be some sort of tactical genius and their scouting department to be the best around. Ben Arfa, Cisse, Ba - none of these players will perform half as well next season. Please not for example, it's been 10 games since Ba last scored.

Of course, you know what will happen next season? We are going to improve massively while every other single team is going to collapse, i have not doubt about it.

Alon1
22-4-12, 09:00
When i see the table i get severely depressed. How we are not in that
mix is criminal but u guess thats tbe beauty of good buys at the right time

How far we are from them at the moment, 15 points? Yes, this is embarrasing, i cant wait for thr league to finish, every single game is just a remainder that we have become a mid table team.

shody1976
22-4-12, 09:10
Reality versus your fantasy.

Okay Keemi.

shody1976
22-4-12, 09:10
You can say what you want, they are 4th FACT!!! Anything else you have said is irrelevant

Don't know what you're shouting for.

shody1976
22-4-12, 09:11
Of course, you know what will happen next season? We are going to improve massively while every other single team is going to collapse, i have not doubt about it.

You really are crap at sarcasm. If you think that, that's up to you.

jamiechloe
22-4-12, 10:02
Don't know what you're shouting for.

Wasnt shouting, i was emphasising

PaddockBeanie
18-8-12, 19:38
The ONLY thing I can take from today is that.. again.. I think this will be the case this season.

I'm amazed they've managed to keep all their players this summer and will only be better this year. I like watching them play.

Ayub
18-8-12, 19:40

Dont think so - they might finish above us

-SilkySkills-
18-8-12, 19:40
Newcastle fans probably expect to finish above us this year

Zull
18-8-12, 19:46
Newcastle fans probably expect to finish above us this year

I'd be happy to finish above them. :)

LucasAintDancin
18-8-12, 19:48
Is Pardew a good manager yet?

MosquesAndKebabs
18-8-12, 19:48
Think they'll have a similar season. 5th or 6th finish.

Eddes
18-8-12, 19:49

Nah.

rush2012
18-8-12, 19:50
The dark Zebras then.

Graggster
18-8-12, 21:01
I'm surpriced they kept their team together going into this season, very positive sign for them.

Some great players. I do like Tiote.

Keegan7Suarez
30-12-12, 08:33
I'm surpriced they kept their team together going into this season, very positive sign for them.

Some great players. I do like Tiote.

Not so positive half way into the season.

The Parish
30-12-12, 10:35
I've said all along last year was a definite false finish. 10th is about their level.

Adam.L.F.C
30-12-12, 14:35
I've said all along last year was a definite false finish. 10th is about their level.

Their best players are injured they have about 7 first team players out and more crucially ben arfa and cabaye and guttiarez all out.

Graggster
30-12-12, 14:37
Not so positive half way into the season.

:D OMG everybody knows they havnt signed any new players to make them stronger in the summer

very poor attempt indeed, i'll give you that

Little Phil C
30-12-12, 14:39

this they got lucky last season

TeenageMutantNinJaSkrtel
30-12-12, 14:40
this they got lucky last season

Like WestBrom or Everton this?

Bewdleyfan
30-12-12, 14:42
They're close to getting Debuchy apparently, he'll be a good signing. Simpson has looked woeful of late at right back.

Ba leaving is going to hinder them greatly though, and i'm interested to see who they'll sign as a replacement. Loic Remy has been linked quite heavily of late. I guess Cisse will move into a more central position though, he's had to play on the right of a front three of late.

Little Phil C
30-12-12, 14:43
Like WestBrom this?

exactly

TeenageMutantNinJaSkrtel
30-12-12, 14:44
exactly

So who will it be next season?

Little Phil C
30-12-12, 14:45
So who will it be next season?

Probably Swansea

TeenageMutantNinJaSkrtel
30-12-12, 14:45
They're close to getting Debuchy apparently, he'll be a good signing. Simpson has looked woeful of late at right back.

Ba leaving is going to hinder them greatly though, and i'm interested to see who they'll sign as a replacement. Loic Remy has been linked quite heavily of late. I guess Cisse will move into a more central position though, he's had to play on the right of a front three of late.

I t5hought Pardew had fallen out with Cisse for not scoring.

TeenageMutantNinJaSkrtel
30-12-12, 14:46
Probably Swansea

Nah, Fulham. :D

Keegan7Suarez
30-12-12, 14:48
:D OMG everybody knows they havnt signed any new players to make them stronger in the summer

very poor attempt indeed, i'll give you that

Last season they overachieved and their actually quality is being shown to the fore now. Granted they are not travelling so well, but they are no more than an average mid-table team.

SalahDressing
30-12-12, 14:54
Pardew's becoming a bit Wenger like with his massive boner for French and African players.

Graggster
30-12-12, 14:58
Last season they overachieved and their actually quality is being shown to the fore now. Granted they are not travelling so well, but they are no more than an average mid-table team.

well that may well be right.. but at the very least try to be balanced

Newcastle hardly spent anything in the summer, if a team has a good season they try to keep their team together and build on it, both very important to keep moving forward. They only did one of the two.

So be before you try to be smart.. think alittle bit.

Bewdleyfan
30-12-12, 15:00
[/COLOR][/B]

I t5hought Pardew had fallen out with Cisse for not scoring.

Yeah, apparently he said if Cisse didn't score in the next two games he would be out of the side. He scored against Utd though.

Keegan7Suarez
30-12-12, 15:04
well that may well be right.. but at the very least try to be balanced

Newcastle hardly spent anything in the summer, if a team has a good season they try to keep their team together and build on it, both very important to keep moving forward. They only did one of the two.

So be before you try to be smart.. think alittle bit.

So you are disagreeing with me that mid-table is their level, and believe the sole reason they have dropped 10 places is due to not adding quality to the squad?

Ad_Rock
30-12-12, 15:05
Like WestBrom or Everton this?

Huh? Everton nearly always finish in the top 8 and they're sixth at the moment. What on earth is lucky about that?

Graggster
30-12-12, 15:11
So you are disagreeing with me that mid-table is their level, and believe the sole reason they have dropped 10 places is due to not adding quality to the squad?

well its only mid way through the season, so the dropping of 10 places is not done and dusted yet

but like all teams, if they dont add on what they got they hardly ever improve on the season before, i dont see why that should be any different for newcastle.

Keegan7Suarez
30-12-12, 15:14
well its only mid way through the season, so the dropping of 10 places is not done and dusted yet

but like all teams, if they dont add on what they got they hardly ever improve on the season before, i dont see why that should be any different for newcastle.

However it doesn't account for the reduction in league position and performances this season. Face it, they had a super year and overachieved in 11/12.

Graggster
30-12-12, 15:17
However it doesn't account for the reduction in league position and performances this season. Face it, they had a super year and overachieved in 11/12.

well if they signed added quality you may a point..