PDA

View Full Version : The Atmosphere at Anfield

SIMPLYRED
14-8-11, 09:40
No atmosphere again and the "music" is way too loud; if there was any singing it was drowned out. If you want a decent atmosphere put YNWA back where it belongs BEFORE the players come out - it's what gets the chanting going and is useless and embarrassing having to sing it at the moment.:mad:

LFC Klopp
14-8-11, 11:10
I dont know where you were sitting but I thought the atmosphere first half was good.
It was better than it has been for the last few games.

Second half it was quiet. I think this was because what was happening on the pitch. Everyone sat there stunned after playing so well first half.

viking64
14-8-11, 11:13
I dont know where you were sitting but I thought the atmosphere first half was good.

Second half it was quiet. I think this was because what was happening on the pitch. Everyone sat there stunned after playing so well first half.

Spot on, I was on the Kop and before the game and during the 1st half the atmosphere was good. The 2nd half was sysematic to the poor performance on the pitch and both team and crowd slowly faded away losing energy and enthusiasm....

TomHighwaysM16
14-8-11, 11:18
I think atmosphere at the match was great till we played football. Later on, I can't blame people, I wanted to kick someone in the groins too.

Kroos Control
14-8-11, 11:20
Great atmosphere. I think the crowd were nervous in the 2nd half, and rightly so. I was biting my nails 5 mins prior to the Sunderland goal, you could see it coming.

XabiGonzo
14-8-11, 11:24
[QUOTE=ElToro;6136988]Great atmosphere. I think the crowd were nervous in the 2nd half, and rightly so

******** to that, we was awesome 1st half and could of easily have been 3-0 up at half time, the crowd should have been buzzing going on to the 2nd half.

Kroos Control
14-8-11, 11:27
[QUOTE=ElToro;6136988]Great atmosphere. I think the crowd were nervous in the 2nd half, and rightly so

******** to that, we was awesome 1st half and could of easily have been 3-0 up at half time, the crowd should have been buzzing going on to the 2nd half.

They were, but you could see straight away that they players were nervous. This then transferred onto the crowd. It's not the crowds fault that passes were wayward and then Sunderland scored.

RiverMersey96
14-8-11, 11:28
Nothing wrong with the atmosphere in first half, but yeah when the team were not playing well in the second half, you expect the crown to be stunned. I was in the Ceny stand and the atmosphere was fine

lizred
14-8-11, 11:32

But even the last 15 mins of the 1st half we were looking a bit sloppy and we came out in the 2nd half with the same sloppyness. Mayy be the team thought it was too easy. As we should have been easily 3 up in the first 20 mins.

I was in 305 yesterday. Unfortunately they missed the beginning of YNWA by singing other songs. I too would prefer YNWA to go back to just before the teams come out.
Also i would like the flag timing to move so that it isn't going over in the middle of YNWA which is annoying.

Kroos Control
14-8-11, 11:35
[QUOTE=KopiteSince81;6137004][B]

But even the last 15 mins of the 1st half we were looking a bit sloppy and we came out in the 2nd half with the same sloppyness. Mayy be the team thought it was too easy. As we should have been easily 3 up in the first 20 mins.

I was in 305 yesterday. Unfortunately they missed the beginning of YNWA by singing other songs. I too would prefer YNWA to go back to just before the teams come out.
Also i would like the flag timing to move so that it isn't going over in the middle of YNWA which is annoying.

I agree with YNWA. It doesn't feel right singing it when the players are waiting to kick off. The tail end of it should be when the players are walking out.

DAN83DAN
14-8-11, 11:48
Not sure what the OP is spouting but pre game an first half the atmosphere was amazing! Even the sky and Bbc guys mentioned it was alsmost like a european game atmosphere.

When they scored in the 2nd half the atmosphere changed and died down, but was pretty good towards the end of the game.

Your comments are far from true mate, a trip for a hearing check is in order for you me thinks, and they probably will advise a hearing aid.

Kroos Control
14-8-11, 11:49
Not sure what the OP is spouting but pre game an first half the atmosphere was amazing! Even the sky and Bbc guys mentioned it was alsmost like a european game atmosphere.

When they scored in the 2nd half the atmosphere changed and died down, but was pretty good towards the end of the game.

Your comments are far from true mate, a trip for a hearing check is in order for you me thinks, and they probably will advise a hearing aid.

It definitely wasn't.

DAN83DAN
14-8-11, 11:52
No atmosphere again and the "music" is way too loud; if there was any singing it was drowned out. If you want a decent atmosphere put YNWA back where it belongs BEFORE the players come out - it's what gets the chanting going and is useless and embarrassing having to sing it at the moment.:mad:

Sounds like something my mum used to say in her old age :rolleyes:

fy7reds
14-8-11, 11:53
There is quite a difference in opinion about yesterdays atmosphere ranging from quiet to european night atmosphere.

:confused:

Kroos Control
14-8-11, 11:54
There is quite a difference in opinion about yesterdays atmosphere ranging from quiet to european night atmosphere.

Thats because of the contrast of performance between first and second half.

DAN83DAN
14-8-11, 12:01
It definitely wasn't.

It really was for the last 5mins in-terms of us spurring the team on.

LiverpoolOne
14-8-11, 12:03
106 Kop.

Great first half atmosphere, understandably less so in the second.

DAN83DAN
14-8-11, 12:04

I am not saying it was like a European night, that was quotes from sky and bbc team, I dont quite think it was but it was really good in the first half, granted it did die down in the 2nd half until the last 5mins.

fy7reds
14-8-11, 12:06
the singing section of the kop should be at the front, the noise just dosent get out.

lizred
14-8-11, 12:18
the singing section of the kop should be at the front, the noise just dosent get out.

the whole of the Kop should be singing - not just us in 305/6.
Wish we would sing in unison as well. Several times yesterday it was like an echo going round the Kop. Maybe we should have the lads, like at some Euopean clubs where they stand with there backs to the match and orchestrate the chants.

DAN83DAN
14-8-11, 12:20
Wish we would sing in unison as well. Several times yesterday it was like an echo going round the Kop. Maybe we should have the lads, like at some Euopean clubs where they stand with there backs to the match and orchestrate the chants.

This ^

red6
14-8-11, 12:20
Agree about YNWA and have complained to Stadium Manager but to no avail

tlabs1
14-8-11, 12:24

I was in 208 and was singing my lungs out, and so was everyone around me. Was very loud in the 1st half, not so much in the 2nd, but as everyone else pointed out, kinda went with our football :/

(Didnt see anyone trying to suck the ball towards the goal though.... Bad Fans!! :) )

KoppityKloppity
14-8-11, 12:36
I was in 208 and was singing my lungs out, and so was everyone around me. Was very loud in the 1st half, not so much in the 2nd, but as everyone else pointed out, kinda went with our football :/

(Didnt see anyone trying to suck the ball towards the goal though.... Bad Fans!! :) )

Me too, 208 was rocking yesterday in the first half. Second half was just like the game everyone getting a bit frustrated.

lk999
14-8-11, 13:31
First half atmosphere was good.

2nd half we couldn't get any songs going and were being out-sung by the Sunderland fans.

I know it's because everyone was deflated by the Sunderland goal and team performance, but that's when the fans need to step up most and inspire the team. We have a duty as well as the players and think we really can make a difference and push the team on when they're struggling, we've definitely done it in the past.

Captain Mauser
14-8-11, 13:33
It'll improve once I'm back.

danm77
14-8-11, 13:36
We need to reclaim our crown of best atmosphere from Stoke.

With the old Kop, Anfield used to be a very intimidating place for other teams. Need to get that back.

Captain Mauser
14-8-11, 13:38
We need to reclaim our crown of best atmosphere from Stoke.

With the old Kop, Anfield used to be a very intimidating place for other teams. Need to get that back.

I'm pretty sure we were declared the loudest crowd only mere months ago... Happy to be proven wrong, but I'm confident it's just Sky talking nonsense again.

-Cal-
14-8-11, 13:38
first half was electric and second half was non existant of an atmosphere but credit to sunderland fans aswell they were vocal all game though they only had 2 chants.

NJNorm
14-8-11, 13:41
I think atmosphere at the match was great till we played football. Later on, I can't blame people, I wanted to kick someone in the groins too.

watching from an armchair in the US the crowd sounded electric before the kick off and in the first half. Commentary team and pundits likened it to a European night.
However with the team being so dead second half instead of lifting the team the crowd joined them at the funeral. The team and crowd had a "here we go again we are going to eff it up again" attitude/
Its when the team is struggling the crowd have to get loud and bring them back. The team dont need the crowd when their tail is up.

'Stim
14-8-11, 13:45
watching from an armchair in the US the crowd sounded electric before the kick off and in the first half. Commentary team and pundits likened it to a European night.
However with the team being so dead second half instead of lifting the team the crowd joined them at the funeral. The team and crowd had a "here we go again we are going to eff it up again" attitude/
Its when the team is struggling the crowd have to get loud and bring them back. The team dont need the crowd when their tail is up.

Spot On,Norm! :scarf
Anfield used to be unrelenting,it was a true audible force way back. Ok,I know there were alot more able to attend back then,but still,the fans that wait for something to cheer about now,well they never used to.

NJNorm
14-8-11, 14:58
Stand up and make a noise:scarf:scarf

dvbdanvinbentley
14-8-11, 15:17
it does irk me a bit to see us quiet when we need to be loud.

the lads need a push when their fatigued and frustrated and thinking nothing will go in and its not our day.

we need to man manage them as fans and have the hairs on their necks stand up and say "you play for liverpool",now go get em!

Rusty44
14-8-11, 15:50

I have to say the atmosphere was average for the first half, and awful in the second half.

[QUOTE=russgds;6136954] Second half it was quiet. I think this was because what was happening on the pitch. Everyone sat there stunned after playing so well first half.[/QUOTE

Isn't this when the crowd are needed most, and the reason that the Olk Kop had such a reputation, as this was when the Kop used to come into it's own.

Sadly the atmosphere on the Kop is not half as good as it was back in the 70's.

The Kopites only seem to be able to raise the stakes on big games now, which is rather sad, shame really, but I guess that's just the way it is now.

I think we all know the reason why

Matt-CM
14-8-11, 16:09

I thought the atmosphere was excellent yesterday. YNWA was excellent and there was quite a lot of singing, at least where I was sat.

I know many would like YNWA to be before the players come out, but that would then mean playing the Premier League anthem afterwards, which would be a bit weird. At least this way the players can hear YNWA and as soon as it ends the game begins, so the stadium has been at it's loudest just as the match starts, I think that works quite well.

Vortigen
14-8-11, 16:32
The crowd was dead in the 2nd half long before the team seemed to give up. Disgraceful.

LARed
14-8-11, 16:58

Same for me - all you could hear in the second half was Sunderland. If the supporters don't believe in the team, why should the players? Not trying to make excuses for the players here, who were poor, but this Anfield ffs!

cravenz
14-8-11, 17:04
I thought the atmosphere was excellent yesterday. YNWA was excellent and there was quite a lot of singing, at least where I was sat.

I know many would like YNWA to be before the players come out, but that would then mean playing the Premier League anthem afterwards, which would be a bit weird. At least this way the players can hear YNWA and as soon as it ends the game begins, so the stadium has been at it's loudest just as the match starts, I think that works quite well.

I am of the same opinion. First half, the crowd was fantastic, in the second, we were something else. NJNorm, I share the same sentiment, and hence I started this thread sometime back: The team needs it's 12th man (http://forums.liverpoolfc.tv/showthread.php?t=207832).

Tom91k
14-8-11, 18:00
I was at the back of the Kop and the atmosphere was brill for the first half, I think it died out slowly in the second half tho due to the shock of how poor we played, then slowly you could hear the Sunderland fans sing about Newcastle (cringey:FP:).

Yesterday are support did us proud, when Luis missed the pen the whole ground sang his name and backed him to the end, then the whole ground sang a great redition of "Stand up for the 96!".

Well done lets keep up the noise for theses smaller games.

YNWA.:scarf

Brego
14-8-11, 18:10
I was in the annie road end and like most said the atmosphere was excellent first half. Haven't been down that end in years and it certainly does more singing than anywhere else in the ground bar the kop.

With such a poor 2nd half performance its understandable the atmosphere died

El Ivy
14-8-11, 18:41
I was main stand. Again I would say first half was a party and we could have been three up. Second half fans and players took their foot off simultaneously. I agree that you'll never walk alone should be back to the old way.

phuzz
14-8-11, 18:52
I personally thought the atmosphere was electric. I was in the Upper Anfield Road end and although the crowd wasn't as vocal as it probably was in the Kop. It was a really good atmosphere compared to my first visit to the ground which was a 0-0 Fulham draw in 2010. It maybe did die down a bit in the 2nd half as did the team's performance.

Oliver89
14-8-11, 18:55

YNWA was good until half the ground decided to clap after the first verse.

taters
14-8-11, 18:57
I sit in block 203 behind me at the beginning of game the Atmosphere was rocking :scarf
2nd half not a peep very strange and please don't say it was the way we performed :(

Why does it always come down to Block 305/306 trying to keep it going but when im at the away games everyone sings at some point :confused:

LFCYellowbelly
14-8-11, 18:59
I was at the back of lower tier of Anfield Road and like others have said atmosphere first half was great - 2nd half did not really get started and that matched the team. It appeared as if there were several seperate attempts to try to get something going after Sunderland scored but none were succesful. It is those times that it would be most beneficial to the team to try to spur them on and give them a lift.

There was great feeling of optimism about the new season and the team Kenny and the owners are building. But towards the end of the second half it was more desperation and criticism of wasteful passes, lack of urgency, persistent hoofing to Carol and no one backing him up tp pick up the second ball.

On thee bright side no one has really shone first game and the football we played in the first half should be our encouragement for the next.

zoso1
14-8-11, 20:48
We have the kop, the family section, the corporate section etc etc, why can't we have some sort of 'singing' sections around the ground.

Those of us that want to sing will be with others that also want to, and hopefully this would encourage other areas to join in.

I was upper annie road section and thought we all did pretty well.. First half that is, second half it needed the team to give us a lift of some sort to get behind them

Liverpool-Pete
14-8-11, 22:32
I am not lucky enough to get to most games. One or two a season is about my lot. Those who have season tickets and fan club member points or whatever it takes to win tickets:for crying out load you have to be the 12th man!
Sing load even when the game is going a bit flat. The players don't need it when they are winning, but when the going gets tough- start singing. :scarf:scarf

Toadeebee
14-8-11, 23:02
I am not lucky enough to get to most games. One or two a season is about my lot. Those who have season tickets and fan club member points or whatever it takes to win tickets:for crying out load you have to be the 12th man!
Sing load even when the game is going a bit flat. The players don't need it when they are winning, but when the going gets tough- start singing. :scarf:scarf

I agree with you mate, when the team are down, we need to be heard. I for one was screaming my head of in KH in the Cent. Stand and most people around me were as well, especially the Anfield Roaders. As Delia once said "lets be havin you".

Defo-skitso
14-8-11, 23:07
Ani road was pretty good, when Sunderland scored though we didn't really help the team if anything we got on their backs

Toadeebee
14-8-11, 23:38
Ani road was pretty good, when Sunderland scored though we didn't really help the team if anything we got on their backs

I agree with this too. I think the crowd just felt frustrated at how sloppy the passing had become in the 2nd half. Sometimes it's just not very easy to watch without venting your thoughts, especially when you know they are capable of so much better. However, I can't wait for the next installment and will be once again shouting myself hoarse. YNWA.

:scarf:scarf

Captain Mauser
15-8-11, 00:24

Loads of us have done that for years... It's an acknowledgement of a good first verse and a gee-up for the boys. :rolleyes:

rozzig
15-8-11, 00:29

Yeah that really p*sses me off as well... when will they learn?.. grrr :mad:

I was in 203 and atmosphere was pretty good in 1st half but like most have said, 2nd half was poor. To be honest, I think folks couldn't quite believe what they were seeing after the first half performance... however I agree with what someone else said, this is precisely when we should be at our loudest.

We need to let the team know that we believe in them and give them a lift when it's most needed.

Three points against Arse is definitely possible...

Come on you REDMEN, :scarf

YNWA

Captain Mauser
15-8-11, 00:31
Yeah that really p*sses me off as well... when will they learn?.. grrr :mad:

I was in 203 and atmosphere was pretty good in 1st half but like most have said, 2nd half was poor. To be honest, I think folks couldn't quite believe what they were seeing after the first half performance... however I agree with what someone else said, this is precisely when we should be at our loudest.

We need to let the team know that we believe in them and give them a lift when it's most needed.

Three points against Arse is definitely possible...

Come on you REDMEN, :scarf

YNWA

I've been going to Anfield since 1982... do I still need to 'learn'?

-Cal-
15-8-11, 00:35

apparently :scarf

rozzig
15-8-11, 00:41

Not at all, if that is what you chose to do... I didn't mean to offend! I must admit I just assumed it was folks who didn't realise!... Personally, I like a rousing second chorus and then hear the crowd roar and clap.

Captain Mauser
15-8-11, 00:45
Not at all, if that is what you chose to do... I didn't mean to offend! I must admit I just assumed it was folks who didn't realise!... Personally, I like a rousing second chorus and then hear the crowd roar and clap.

The mini-applause is as above and is a pre-cursor to a rip-roaring second.

Appreciate your change of tone... I still moan because the Kop won't sing 'Those were the days' anymore :mad:

SIMPLYRED
15-8-11, 10:12

Thanks for the advice:D:D I meant that the music was so loud that it drowned out the singing. I'm sure that you chaps in the Kop and Annie Rd were singing your hearts out, but it just wasn't audible in the LC where I sit and that's not good; I don't want to listen to crappy pop music, I want to hear the songs. Of course the BBC & Sky give the impression that the singing is loud and ubiquitous - that's because they use the Kop mikes for their sound track. I've been going long enough to remember when the singing started about 1:45 not 2:45 and the atmosphere was fever-pitch by five to three. Just doesn't happen for PL games now I'm afraid (with noteable exceptions of course;))

MickMackPaddyWack
15-8-11, 10:22

Turn your tv volume up coz it sounded just fine from my seat in centenary stand.

Oliver89
15-8-11, 10:45
The mini-applause is as above and is a pre-cursor to a rip-roaring second.

Appreciate your change of tone... I still moan because the Kop won't sing 'Those were the days' anymore :mad:

You might clap after the first verse for that reason, but most people clap because they simply don't realise there's a second verse, that's why they lower their scarves.

AdamnotAdams
15-8-11, 16:03
I was at the match on Saturday and I have to say, yet again, the atmosphere was quite poor. Even in the first half when we dominated, there wasn't much volume.

I only get to go to about 10-15 games a season so I do not get to see it week in week out but I would have thought that the first game of the season, plenty of signings on show, Dalglish in charge and everything looking rosy at the club that there would be a top atmosphere.

Instead it sounded like Stoke once again made the LFC fans look pretty mute. It's a bit of a myth about ours being the loudest fans in the league, only for big European nights it seems.

chubba07
15-8-11, 16:05
I was at the match on Saturday and I have to say, yet again, the atmosphere was quite poor. Even in the first half when we dominated, there wasn't much volume.

I only get to go to about 10-15 games a season so I do not get to see it week in week out but I would have thought that the first game of the season, plenty of signings on show, Dalglish in charge and everything looking rosy at the club that there would be a top atmosphere.

Instead it sounded like Stoke once again made the LFC fans look pretty mute. It's a bit of a myth about ours being the loudest fans in the league, only for big European nights it seems.

Watching the game on tv the commentors were saying they have not heard anfield and the atmosphere so loud for years.

Nine-Eight-Nine
15-8-11, 16:05
First game mate. People are just getting back into the swing of things as much as the players are. I think given a bit more time and some good results you'll here the kop from miles around Anfiled again :scarf

AdamnotAdams
15-8-11, 16:07
It sounded much louder when I watched the match again on football first. Perhaps I am over estimating the loudness of Stoke given I have never been to a match there and only heard it on TV.

fy7reds
15-8-11, 16:07
There is another thread on this, the opinion is quite divided, myself I thought it was gash for a first game of the season.

TomHighwaysM16
15-8-11, 16:08
Atmosphere was good. Game was poor. I will stop bashing people for not singing when we play poor. Not going to happen. I recently discovered that the major difference between fans in Liverpool and fans in my country is that Liverpool fans actually watch the game while my local fans are there to promote themselves, shout, sing and throw flares on the pitch.

I still prefer my 'sing when you're winning' Liverpool library, thank you very much.

SuperSi
15-8-11, 16:08
Depends where you are sat as to there being a lack of atmos. IE: Lower Centenary yes, Main Stand on and off. Kop no, Annie Rd no.

AdamnotAdams
15-8-11, 16:10
Atmosphere was good. Game was poor. I will stop bashing people for not singing when we play poor. Not going to happen. I recently discovered that the major difference between fans in Liverpool and fans in my country is that Liverpool fans actually watch the game while my local fans are there to promote themselves, shout, sing and throw flares on the pitch.

I still prefer my 'sing when you're winning' Liverpool library, thank you very much.

The game wasn't poor in the first half. Can't use the result or second half performance as an excuse.

CARRA23
15-8-11, 16:12

Hmm.. I was at the game too... were did you sit? It depends on were you sat really I thought the atmosphere was quite good to be fair. But its obviously not going to be as great unless the team is performing for the full 90minutes.. Give it time and i'm sure Anfield will be rocking for the full 90 in a few weeks.

AdamnotAdams
15-8-11, 16:16
To be fair, I was in the Lower Centenary so I take your point. Although the kop always has and always will be the main voice for Anfield, I just wish the entire stadium would get involved and drive the team forward.

LiverpoolOne
15-8-11, 16:18
http://forums.liverpoolfc.tv/showthread.php?t=268803

TomHighwaysM16
15-8-11, 16:19
The game wasn't poor in the first half. Can't use the result or second half performance as an excuse.

That's true, that far I heard a loud Anfield noise. It got toned down but a somewhat large period of us not dominating and Sunderland keeping possession. What can you tell, our fans get anxious when our opponent has the ball. Maybe they've seen Carra and Agger swimming free style in our box each time they cross. :D

Johnny-Park
15-8-11, 16:20
First half wasn't bad. Second half where I was sitting and the whole ground was dead dead silent.

FCMuskerMagic
15-8-11, 16:22
I was in The Kop Saturday, atmosphere wasn't great. What really annoyed me was behind me 3 men half way through the first half go down get a pie and drink each, come back ask what happened? (Downing had hit the bar) - If you cared that much about the game you wouldn't have gone off for 10 minutes!

They then spend the rest of the half with their hands and mouths full therefore not being able to clap or sing. Now this could just be me being picky, but can people not go 45 or 90 minutes without eating? If you are gooing to sit in The Kop be prepared to sing, shout, clap and get involved in the atmosphere!

These days apart from Utd and Everton I prefer the away games for atmosphere! Much better atmosphere, everyone is always well up for it, can't wait for Saturday, we'll be rocking in the Away End - Hopefully even more so when Andy heads the winner!

MexicanPiggy
15-8-11, 16:24
if you are gooing

:D:IN: pfft

LiverpoolOne
15-8-11, 16:27
I was in The Kop Saturday, atmosphere wasn't great. What really annoyed me was behind me 3 men half way through the first half go down get a pie and drink each, come back ask what happened? (Downing had hit the bar) - If you cared that much about the game you wouldn't have gone off for 10 minutes!

They then spend the rest of the half with their hands and mouths full therefore not being able to clap or sing. Now this could just be me being picky, but can people not go 45 or 90 minutes without eating? If you are gooing to sit in The Kop be prepared to sing, shout, clap and get involved in the atmosphere!

These days apart from Utd and Everton I prefer the away games for atmosphere! Much better atmosphere, everyone is always well up for it, can't wait for Saturday, we'll be rocking in the Away End - Hopefully even more so when Andy heads the winner!

Agree 100%. First half Saturday was quite good though to be fair.

Dave00
19-8-11, 13:14
Perhaps it was the fact that myself and my two mates where sat in the mainstand right beside the Sunderland supporters last Saturday but we thought the Kop was very quiet throughout the game. I have been in the Kop several times recently and every now and again i have experienced a wave of noise generated by away fans at the opposite end of the stadium from me we heard none of that from the Kop.

Was this just down to simply the accoustics of where we where sitting or as one of my mates suggested the new ticket selling arrangements could be keeping folks like us who only get to around half a dozen games a year out of the Kop, whereas under the old arrangements we had no problem getting tickets for the Kop.

That's just our observation on how we felt the 'atmosphere' on Saturday, i would appreciate the thoughts of others who where in the stadium for the Sunderland game.

MickyTG
19-8-11, 13:15
Theres a thread on this elsewhere.

-Gola-
19-8-11, 13:16
kopites are gob*****s :D

Dave00
19-8-11, 13:17
Theres a thread on this elsewhere.

Is there, sorry folks can someone give me a link or just merge this mods?

CharlieManson
19-8-11, 13:17
Theres always one nutcase that will get the kop going so no need to worry.

Dave00
19-8-11, 13:20
Theres always one nutcase that will get the kop going so no need to worry.

Where was the nutter last Saturday then?

BoDiddley
19-8-11, 13:28
I miss the blokes standing on the crowd control stantions waving their scarves round their heads

Them were the nutters that kicked it off

Dave00
19-8-11, 13:34
I miss the blokes standing on the crowd control stantions waving their scarves round their heads

Them were the nutters that kicked it off

Bo where you there on Saturday mate and if so did you think the Kop was unusually quiet?

Dave00
19-8-11, 14:19
Maybe i should have taken a leaf out of Lizboys book of forum usage and entiled this thread something along the lines 'The Kop is full of wasters these days' and that may have generated a bit more of a response.:D

CharlieManson
19-8-11, 14:23
Where was the nutter last Saturday then?

He was there on wednesday in the blue shirt........ Skinhead & drunk.

Dave00
19-8-11, 14:29
He was there on wednesday in the blue shirt........ Skinhead & drunk.

I thought you meant Liz there for a second.:D

Tom91k
19-8-11, 14:29
I was in The Kop against Sunderland and I thought in the first half that the atmosphere was good, in the second half it went flat tho.

It wasn't a crap atmosphere tho, didn't you hear the boss redition of Stand up for the 96? It was really loud the whole ground sang it.

Dave00
19-8-11, 14:33
I was in The Kop against Sunderland and I thought in the first half that the atmosphere was good, in the second half it went flat tho.

It wasn't a crap atmosphere tho, didn't you hear the boss redition of Stand up for the 96? It was really loud the whole ground sang it.

Thanks for the response mate, yes we did hear that but as i said we where stuck right beside the Sunderland folks and they do support their team well those lads and lasses so they could have been drowning the noise from the Kop out from us.

Having said that though especially second half the Kop did seem very quiet indeed. Mind you the lads on the pitch where a bit quiet themselves.;)

Alpha Papa
19-8-11, 14:38
I was Annie Road and I thought the Kop made planty of noise in the first half. Obviously the second half was nervous, but we needed a lift and didn't really get it from the players.

I think Kenny probably should have reacted to the quietness and tiredness of the players and made 2-3 changes at an earlier stage. My guess is that he didn't do this because of a) worries about injuries at this stage of season and b) worry about not showing faith in e.g. Henderson, Carroll, Lucas or whoever.

Tom91k
19-8-11, 14:39
Thanks for the response mate, yes we did hear that but as i said we where stuck right beside the Sunderland folks and they do support their team well those lads and lasses so they could have been drowning the noise from the Kop out from us.

Having said that though especially second half the Kop did seem very quiet indeed. Mind you the lads on the pitch where a bit quiet themselves.;)

In the first half an hour the Kop was boss, but when we tried to start of songs like "When the reds go marching in!" the rest of the ground seems to just look at the kop like we were a bunch of weirdo's:FP:, Ive heard the problem tho is because of the roof on the Kop the noise doesn't travell all thee way to the other end of the stadia.

There was defo singing tho, watch the highlights before our goal and you'll see hear us singiing "Liverpooool! Liverpool!" and "Oh campione!", I know because I helped us start it off.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/video/Premiership/11-12/Liverpool-Sunderland-13-08-2011/

Watching the highlights tho and the noise does seem to come through.

CharlieManson
19-8-11, 14:39
The first half was electric, the play was electric so the fans were electric.. 2nd half the play wasnt electric neither were the fans...... This problem will be addressed, If we can play like we did first half against Sunderland all season, I see no reason why we wont be challenging.. The type of football in the 1st half was brilliant.

Tom91k
19-8-11, 14:42
I was Annie Road and I thought the Kop made planty of noise in the first half. Obviously the second half was nervous, but we needed a lift and didn't really get it from the players.

I think Kenny probably should have reacted to the quietness and tiredness of the players and made 2-3 changes at an earlier stage. My guess is that he didn't do this because of a) worries about injuries at this stage of season and b) worry about not showing faith in e.g. Henderson, Carroll, Lucas or whoever.

See, Dave.;), you've been listening to many bitters, just remember the moon has more of an atmosphere than Woodison.

I think every one was in shock in the second half due to the different team we saw come out and do drable, it was the best ynwa i heard in a while as well.:scarf

Dave00
19-8-11, 15:02
See, Dave.;), you've been listening to many bitters, just remember the moon has more of an atmosphere than Woodison.

I think every one was in shock in the second half due to the different team we saw come out and do drable, it was the best ynwa i heard in a while as well.:scarf

Once again thanks for your response mate, it now appears to me from what you and others have said that especially in the first half it was the racket the Sunderland lads and lasses were making that was drowning out any noise from the Kop from us. The second half was much quieter due to the fact i suppose that both teams seemed a bit jaded after a cracking first half.

The only good chant we got going at our corner of the ground was the Big fat head one. That chant always makes me giggle.:)

REDULATE
19-8-11, 15:28
sunderland was boss, especially the first half, quietened down a bit though later on.

Our atmosphere is ****, we are the most over rated fans in the world though, it is so funny when you go on YouTube and that and people have us in say the top 5 fans in the world for noise, having us up there with the Turkish teams and that, we are just not loud at all, Anfield is a library most of the season.

Dave00
19-8-11, 15:37
sunderland was boss, especially the first half, quietened down a bit though later on.

Our atmosphere is ****, we are the most over rated fans in the world though, it is so funny when you go on YouTube and that and people have us in say the top 5 fans in the world for noise, having us up there with the Turkish teams and that, we are just not loud at all, Anfield is a library most of the season.

I did watch the Bayern game the other evening and their supporters never quietened the whole match. Mind you their team was giving the supporters something to shout about.

However that leads on to the question do too many supporters at Anfield these days only get involved when the team is playing well or winning and forget that the supporters have a part to play to try and lift the team as was necessary during the second half last Saturday?

REDULATE
19-8-11, 15:45
I did watch the Bayern game the other evening and their supporters never quietened the whole match. Mind you their team was giving the supporters something to shout about.

However that leads on to the question do too many supporters at Anfield these days only get involved when the team is playing well or winning and forget that the supporters have a part to play to try and lift the team as was necessary during the second half last Saturday?

I'm not sure we've even had a good atmosphere for years now, even in 2008/2009 when we were bossing every team arguably in the world, the atmosphere weren't amazing, we have a dead good set of fans on big champions league nights/Everton/Man Utd and that is were we've got our reputation from, we happen to have all these videos of the rare nights we are loud on YouTube scaling over a million hits which probably equates to people just summising we are the best fans.

Dave00
19-8-11, 15:46
Thankyou for the merge mods, i was told there was already a thread on this after i had started the thread but i couldn't find this thread.;)

LordJamieOfCarragher
19-8-11, 15:46
Thankyou for the merge mods, i was told there was already a thread on this after i had started the thread but i couldn't find this thread.;)

No problem, there were two others actually. :P

Dave00
19-8-11, 15:48
I'm not sure we've even had a good atmosphere for years now, even in 2008/2009 when we were bossing every team arguably in the world, the atmosphere weren't amazing, we have a dead good set of fans on big champions league nights/Everton/Man Utd and that is were we've got our reputation from, we happen to have all these videos of the rare nights we are loud on YouTube scaling over a million hits which probably equates to people just summising we are the best fans.

I have a funny feeling i won't be complaining about lack of noise after my next game as i'm in row 4 of the Upper Annie right above the mancs.:D

Dave00
19-8-11, 15:49
No problem, there were two others actually. :P

Ha ha my apologies and i did actually look before i started my thread.:FP::D

REDULATE
19-8-11, 15:49
I have a funny feeling i won't be complaining about lack of noise after my next game as i'm in row 4 of the Upper Annie right above the mancs.:D

I would of been in your row for that match but instead opted for Lower Annie as last season vs the Mancs it was the best atmosphere I've ever been involved in, hoping for it to be the same this season too as I'm sitting relatively in the same spec, as a whole though Anny road will be booming, cannot wait.:scarf

LordJamieOfCarragher
19-8-11, 15:51
Ha ha my apologies and i did actually look before i started my thread.:FP::D

Not a problem, all depends how you use the search facility really.

I just typed in "atmosphere" and searched all posts in this section, the two other threads were about halfway down.

Dave00
19-8-11, 15:52
I would of been in your row for that match but instead opted for Lower Annie as last season vs the Mancs it was the best atmosphere I've ever been involved in, hoping for it to be the same this season too as I'm sitting relatively in the same spec, as a whole though Anny road will be booming, cannot wait.:scarf

Yep myself and the two mates are busting to get back for this one, we certainly won't be having a discussion about a lack of noise in the old place after that game.;)

Oliver89
19-8-11, 16:01
I was in the Kop for the Sunderland game and tbh the atmosphere was no different to how it's been the last few years. The fact is, apart from the United, Chelsea and Everton games, the atmosphere for home league matches at Anfield is very rarely noisy.

Tom91k
19-8-11, 21:13
I thiink we have the most unique and best fans in the country, I'am suprised that not that many people on here agree.

Dave00
19-8-11, 22:22
I thiink we have the most unique and best fans in the country, I'am suprised that not that many people on here agree.

I reckon that most folks on here would agree with that mate to be honest, i certainly do anyway.;)

Toadeebee
20-8-11, 09:53
I think it is very difficult to compare the atmosphere today to that of years ago when we were at the top for most of the time. When I went on the Kop for the first time it was heaving with the best part of 26000 people on it. What is the size of crowd on there now, 12 0r 13000? Well theres half your volume gone!

We also have a new generation in the ground, a lot of who only know what the atmosphere was like years ago by seeing it on film. People like myself that were in amongst it in the seventies and eighties are somewhat older now and maybe aren't quite as capable of keeping up the rousing atmosphere we would all like to see. For example, I was at the Sunderland game and at one point I shouted that loud I thought I was going to have a connery, as Del Boy would say!

I love to see the ground bouncing, but sadly I feel the atmosphere of years ago is difficult to reproduce, after all the crowds were the best part of 12000 bigger back then!

Dave00
20-8-11, 10:14
I think it is very difficult to compare the atmosphere today to that of years ago when we were at the top for most of the time. When I went on the Kop for the first time it was heaving with the best part of 26000 people on it. What is the size of crowd on there now, 12 0r 13000? Well theres half your volume gone!

We also have a new generation in the ground, a lot of who only know what the atmosphere was like years ago by seeing it on film. People like myself that were in amongst it in the seventies and eighties are somewhat older now and maybe aren't quite as capable of keeping up the rousing atmosphere we would all like to see. For example, I was at the Sunderland game and at one point I shouted that loud I thought I was going to have a connery, as Del Boy would say!

I love to see the ground bouncing, but sadly I feel the atmosphere of years ago is difficult to reproduce, after all the crowds were the best part of 12000 bigger back then!

Ha ha i'm with you on the "connery" thing, in recent seasons at European nights in particular i have got to the age that i've had to sit down for a few minutes break when the old place has been rocking.:D

Toadeebee
20-8-11, 11:15
Ha ha i'm with you on the "connery" thing, in recent seasons at European nights in particular i have got to the age that i've had to sit down for a few minutes break when the old place has been rocking.:D

:D God help us! It won't surprise me if one game I'm carried out of there rather than walk out! I can't keep my gob shut and I too have to sit down when I'm dizzy and losing focus. When everybody stands up cos a goal has been scored, by the time I get to my feet it's all over and everyone else is sitting down!

Bincey1
6-1-12, 13:03
If there is another thread more suited to this, please feel free to move.

Bought a book a while ago where a science writer for Sunday Telegraph attempts to answer difficult or unusual questions, and dispel myths and misconceptions. Amongst such questions as, "Is it true that that light bulbs last longer if left on?" and "How far can a plane glide if its engines stop?", there was one that I found especially interesting.

What is the origin of the "home advantage" in soccer?

The answer, i'll quote directly.

There's no doubt that the home advantage is very powerful in soccer. A monumental study of over 4,000 matches played by English league clubs during the 1990's, performed by Dr Mark Dixon and Dr Michael Robinson at City University, London, showed that almost a half of home games produced wins compared to around a quarter of away games. Not surprisingly, there has been extensive research into the causes of home advantage, with everything from travel stress to referee bias being investigated. Overall, psychological factors seem to be the principal cause. A study of the size of the advantage in different types of matches, by Dr Richard Pollard of the University of the South Pacific, has show that it is relatively small in local games and relatively big in international matches - as one might expect if away players were being influenced by feelings of alienation. Some backing for this comes from research showing that games like baseball, where managers have plenty of opportunity to rally intimidated players, have a much smaller home advantage than soccer, where away players are compelled to face a roaring home crowd on their own for forty five minutes at a stretch. Before one condemns the players' lack of mettle, it is worth noting that match officials have also been shown to be intimidated by the sheer racket created by tens of thousands of fans. In 1999, The Lancet carried the results of a study by Dr Alan Nevill and his colleagues at Liverpool John Moores University which asked subjects to judge fouls video-taped at a real match. They found that if the sound was left on, those watching were more likely to judge away players guilty of fouls. If the sound was turned off, this bias vanished: clear evidence that, in soccer, who yells wins.

Clearly some of that is perfectly obvious ie. a referee being intimidated by home fans, but it is interesting confirmation as to why we need to make Anfield as loud as it is humanly possible.