PDA

View Full Version : Liverpool are still a mid-table side (COMICAL)

AggerTheDagger
23-8-11, 10:09
http://soccerlens.com/liverpool-are-still-a-mid-table-side/78037/

It’s usually wise not to judge a team after just two league games, but in Liverpool’s case it might be possible to make an exception. The problems that Kenny Dalglish failed to address last year still persist, and you can expect to see them outside the Champions League places again this year. The big four are all comfortably stronger – at least Arsenal will be if they actually sign a player for each they have shed.

Liverpool’s biggest problem last season was that Dalglish managed a squad overflowing with mediocrity. This wasn’t his doing, signing the most middling Premiership talent is Liverpool’s established transfer protocol. It has its roots going back to Roy Evans’ days. Rafa Benitez did it out of choice, not just because of the Texan owners: he signed so many players he could have fielded four full teams. Roy Hodgson couldn’t resist similar methods, and he signed Christian Poulsen and Paul Konchesky to disastrous effect. It got him the sack, alienating the supporters and success at the same time.

This season the problem has not been solved, if anything it has been exacerbated. Jordan Henderson is potential and no product. It’s not to criticise him as a player, it’s just that he’s a signing Liverpool can’t carry right now. It would be fine if Gerrard were still at the top of his game, or Xabi Alonso or Javier Mascherano were still there, but they’re not – there’s no great player to learn from, and he could easily stagnate.

Jose Enrique is a good player with Premier League experience, but he is certainly not good enough to go to a top four team, and let Liverpool challenge for the Champions League places. If he were good enough for one of the Big Four, then they would have bought him. Manchester City even chose the dodgy Gael Clichy instead. That all four chose to ignore him at such a cheap price suggests that Enrique has fulfilled his potential – he is not a defender to significantly improve Liverpool.

Charlie Adam is the definition of mediocrity, looking good in a struggling Blackpool side when he had the ball, he was lazy and dirty without it. He’s easily defined: a good passer and a very poor footballer. Who can he replace of the existing squad? There has been plenty of speculation that he’s the new, Scottish Xabi Alonso. The difficulty with that comparison is that one is tactically astute, bound for greater things, and the brains of a side, whereas the other is Charlie Adam. The biggest worry, though, is not a player Dalglish signed, but one he inherited. Steven Gerrard was a great player, and if it wasn’t for Roy Keane and Patrick Vieira, he would be remembered as the best midfielder of the Premier League. Now though, he is facing a decline. His best attribute was his energy and drive – it allowed him to make up for his occasionally wayward shooting and merely competent passing, and this is what his game is now losing. It remains to be seen if he is intelligent enough to evolve and carry the new generation.

Of course, they signed Luis Suarez, a player who is superior to anything offered by Fernando Torres last year and probably this, but it’s not enough. Complemented by an oaf, Andy Carroll, capable of a clean strike and little else, or David N’Gog, capable of little, Suarez is wasted at Liverpool.

The performances of this season match last season so precisely, there’s reason to think that Liverpool will remain the best of midtable once again. Against Sunderland they played well enough for 45 minutes but did not possess the defensive solidity to hang onto a lead nor the attacking guile to score another. The blame lies on all the players, but a strong, intelligent midfield would have addressed both problems most efficiently. None of the new signings offer these qualities in combination, or in some cases, at all.

Against Arsenal, they looked set for a deserved draw, and no more, until the ball hit Aaron Ramsey amusingly in the face. Fans will hope these are early season stumbles and that Kenny Dalglish has the cure for the long term. However, given that the problems he’s got are the problems they’ve had for the past two years, it looks unlikely.

KurtAngle
23-8-11, 10:14
This for me ends any remaining doubt about whether evolution is true.

The missing link between human and ape intelligence has been found ........ and he writes for soccerlens.

(Apologies to any apes who might be reading this and were offended by me comparing your intelligence to this guy - it wasn't my intention to insult.)

LukasBrodolski
23-8-11, 10:14

It’s usually wise not to judge a team after just two league games, but in Liverpool’s case it might be possible to make an exception. The problems that Kenny Dalglish failed to address last year still persist, and you can expect to see them outside the Champions League places again this year. The big four are all comfortably stronger – at least Arsenal will be if they actually sign a player for each they have shed.

Liverpool’s biggest problem last season was that Dalglish managed a squad overflowing with mediocrity. This wasn’t his doing, signing the most middling Premiership talent is Liverpool’s established transfer protocol. It has its roots going back to Roy Evans’ days. Rafa Benitez did it out of choice, not just because of the Texan owners: he signed so many players he could have fielded four full teams. Roy Hodgson couldn’t resist similar methods, and he signed Christian Poulsen and Paul Konchesky to disastrous effect. It got him the sack, alienating the supporters and success at the same time.

This season the problem has not been solved, if anything it has been exacerbated. Jordan Henderson is potential and no product. It’s not to criticise him as a player, it’s just that he’s a signing Liverpool can’t carry right now. It would be fine if Gerrard were still at the top of his game, or Xabi Alonso or Javier Mascherano were still there, but they’re not – there’s no great player to learn from, and he could easily stagnate.

Jose Enrique is a good player with Premier League experience, but he is certainly not good enough to go to a top four team, and let Liverpool challenge for the Champions League places. If he were good enough for one of the Big Four, then they would have bought him. Manchester City even chose the dodgy Gael Clichy instead. That all four chose to ignore him at such a cheap price suggests that Enrique has fulfilled his potential – he is not a defender to significantly improve Liverpool.

Charlie Adam is the definition of mediocrity, looking good in a struggling Blackpool side when he had the ball, he was lazy and dirty without it. He’s easily defined: a good passer and a very poor footballer. Who can he replace of the existing squad? There has been plenty of speculation that he’s the new, Scottish Xabi Alonso. The difficulty with that comparison is that one is tactically astute, bound for greater things, and the brains of a side, whereas the other is Charlie Adam. The biggest worry, though, is not a player Dalglish signed, but one he inherited. Steven Gerrard was a great player, and if it wasn’t for Roy Keane and Patrick Vieira, he would be remembered as the best midfielder of the Premier League. Now though, he is facing a decline. His best attribute was his energy and drive – it allowed him to make up for his occasionally wayward shooting and merely competent passing, and this is what his game is now losing. It remains to be seen if he is intelligent enough to evolve and carry the new generation.

Of course, they signed Luis Suarez, a player who is superior to anything offered by Fernando Torres last year and probably this, but it’s not enough. Complemented by an oaf, Andy Carroll, capable of a clean strike and little else, or David N’Gog, capable of little, Suarez is wasted at Liverpool.

The performances of this season match last season so precisely, there’s reason to think that Liverpool will remain the best of midtable once again. Against Sunderland they played well enough for 45 minutes but did not possess the defensive solidity to hang onto a lead nor the attacking guile to score another. The blame lies on all the players, but a strong, intelligent midfield would have addressed both problems most efficiently. None of the new signings offer these qualities in combination, or in some cases, at all.

Against Arsenal, they looked set for a deserved draw, and no more, until the ball hit Aaron Ramsey amusingly in the face. Fans will hope these are early season stumbles and that Kenny Dalglish has the cure for the long term. However, given that the problems he’s got are the problems they’ve had for the past two years, it looks unlikely.

Basically any player other than the "Big Fours" teams aren't worth a ***** or else they would already be playing for them :FP:

**** me what an absolute idiot this writer is. I hope he publishes a few more of these gems and they eventually cost him his job

Tool

KetchupRob
23-8-11, 10:15
What a load of twaddle. I could not be bothered reading all that.

All I will say is that a "Guest Author" for ******* SOCCERLENS is hardly the person to listen to when forming an opinion of LFC.

stano123
23-8-11, 10:17
I think someone has a little problem with Liverpool, its like its been written by a Bitter.

kopitecrash
23-8-11, 10:21
Yeah that's not very good. I've had better articles rejected from there.

Benny-Noons-Ghost
23-8-11, 10:25
Basically any player other than the "Big Fours" teams aren't worth a ***** or else they would already be playing for them :FP:

Pretty much mate :D

I always have a laugh when someone uses that argument. Seen it on here a few times.

"ManUnited aren't interested in him, so why are we?!"

-JTR-
23-8-11, 10:29
Thanks for posting that I needed a good laugh.

Shock and awe irresponsible journalism.

They'd rather get noticed for cheap insulting "this took me 10 minutes to write" rubbish then put some actually research and effort into a piece and have it well thought out.

I have no problem with a Jurno having a go at the team and the manager, but if they do so they need to have it based on some sort of fact not just their own tunnel visioned hatred for a club.

-Gola-
23-8-11, 10:32
journo's have been praising us since the end of last season, so now their getting sick of it and now want us to fail.

they always want to be the first to say i told you so and here's the proof

happens for every club i would expect

its just a shocking piece tbh, and there should be reprecusions for it, like if liverpool finish top 4 he gets sacked, this wont happen though and he'll continue to write crap. just so that every 1 in 10 times he write a piece like this he gets it right and says look i was first and i told you so

shody1976
23-8-11, 10:33
Looks to me like a deliberately controversial piece written to attract as much attention as possible. I assume soccerlens is a website of some sort? If so, the more people that get wound-up by this tripe, the more hits their website is going to get.

KetchupRob
23-8-11, 10:33
I just sent this to them

Can I please ask when it became standard practise for online sites to claim to be #1?

I had never heard of this blog until someone posted a moronic "guest author" blog earlier today, and yet you claim to be #1.

If you are number 1, can you give me some insight into how many hits you get per month or year?

In what way are you the number 1 football blog?

Are you the #1 football blog that uses the word Soccer?

Are you the #1 football blog that relies on morons to write articles?

Or are you just hoping that nobody will ever question your claims?

As a member of the Liverpool blog "The Kop", which is part of a site that gets up to 1 billion hits a year, I would suggest that the Kop is probably a bigger blog that yours.

But that is just my opinion, I dont have any facts to base my opinion on, but I also dont see The Kop claiming to be #1, when they probably have more reasons to make that claim than you do.

Maudes77
23-8-11, 10:35
Another day, another bitter and twisted piece of journalism aimed at us.

It is becoming increasingly common now. I can only imagine, as I posted yesterday, that this is a good thing.

festinho
23-8-11, 10:36
The first paragraph was the most amusing. The top 4 are definitely all stronger.....but Arsenal have to replace their players:confused::confused: Hahahaha. Pathetic.

LukasBrodolski
23-8-11, 10:37
I just sent this to them

Can I please ask when it became standard practise for online sites to claim to be #1?

I had never heard of this blog until someone posted a moronic "guest author" blog earlier today, and yet you claim to be #1.

If you are number 1, can you give me some insight into how many hits you get per month or year?

As a member of the Liverpool blog "The Kop", which is part of a site that gets up to 1 billion hits a year, I would suggest that the Kop is probably a bigger blog that yours.

But that is just my opinion, I dont have any facts to base my opinion on, but I also dont see The Kop claiming to be #1, when they probably have more reasons to make that claim than you do.

*Sigh*

This is exactly why they do this kind of thing. For response. If you go onto his twitter he calls his followers idiots, and spams articles he publishes. Hes just a bellend who is looking for followers and people to message him. Your essentially just giving him more reason to publish tripe like this in the future cos it gets a reaction out of people

He is a terrible writer and quite obviously just starting out if he has to do write ups like this

Just ignore the **** instead of adding fuel to the fire

Hes basically ana ttention seeker, and a really poor one at that.

Hopefully no one else ******* e-mails them or tweets him etc... :FP:

--Craig--
It's just a blog from some unknown randomer on an obscure website....?

KirkbyToCanada
That was one of the most bitter pieces of journalism (and I use the term loosely,) I have ever seen.

LukasBrodolski
23-8-11, 10:38
Looks to me like a deliberately controversial piece written to attract as much attention as possible. I assume soccerlens is a website of some sort? If so, the more people that get wound-up by this tripe, the more hits their website is going to get.

Exactly.

Stop going to that ******* website and for Christs sake dont engage the stupid writers. They clearly have **** all else to be doing and are desperate for replies/followers/hits

Zoinks
23-8-11, 10:41
Just ... :FP:

Bannivan
23-8-11, 10:48
Is there a way I can bookmark this so I can read it again at 5pm on 13th May 2012?

-thispilgrim-
23-8-11, 10:50
The biggest load of utter nonsense since rafahoullier posted on this forum.

Seanosdelgardo
23-8-11, 10:51
I think someone has a little problem with Liverpool, its like its been written by a Bitter.

I dont usually buy into the whole "the press have it in for us " stuff but yea, your right on that.

The tone of the article smacks of a Utd or Everton fan. Calling Englands future Number 9 an "oaf" is the giveaway.

Poor article that.

KyLFC
23-8-11, 10:52
Media are getting scared that Kenny's is on his way to bring back the glory days to Liverpool.

People are going to be in a real shock once this team starts gelling & hitting consitnecey !

All players we have brought in where one and in some of the cases the best players in thier side last year . Week in week out the media where loving these players up and the pundits where praising them funny how suddenly people change their minds once there playing for us.

This Season is going to be tough but believe me this side will strong enough to get what is expeceted from them !

YNWA JFT96

AggerTheDagger
23-8-11, 10:53
Anybody notice that he didnt mention downing once in the whole article??

LukasBrodolski
23-8-11, 10:56
Why are people calling Soccerlens.com the media? :FP:

Its a **** poor independent website which takes articles from pretty much anyone

Its a Wumming paradise, for Christs sake just ignore it and stop reacting.

Dont feed the trolls mon

--Craig--
23-8-11, 10:58
I really don't understand why people are talking as if a random "blogger" represents the media and journalism. This blog is no different to someone on here getting their nonsense published. Like Lizboy did. Does Lizboy represent the media? Or is he just a bender on the internet trying to wind people up? I think the stupid ones are the people who actually react to it.

JHon
23-8-11, 11:02
FFS. give me back my 3 minutes I wasted reading that!

KetchupRob
23-8-11, 11:02
Can I make one thing clear?

I will not be told by anyone on here, or anywhere else, what I can and cannot say about a blog.

Part of the blogging idea is that people can respond, and nothing gives me greater pleasure than making "people in the know" choke on their words.

This is why I dont read papers, its a one way communication to the ignorant masses. So if I see something in other areas of the online community that "grind my gears" I will always respond.

So while all of you claim to be able to rise above the rest of us and not respond to this kind of taunt, I dont.

If someone goes online in a forum that allows 2 way communication and publishes hugely ignorant opinions for the masses to read, I feel it is my duty to put that person in their place.

Lets be honest, its why we are all on here right now. So if I want to comment on Soccerlens, and how crap it is, I will do so.

--Craig--
23-8-11, 11:05
and nothing gives me greater pleasure than making "people in the know" choke on their words.

Is that what you think you did when you sent that very witty email to him?

At the end of the day its up to you or anyone else what they read and get all angry about. Some people just dont get pleasure out of looking for negative articles to rage over on the internet. No one is telling you what to read etc though.

LukasBrodolski
23-8-11, 11:06
Can I make one thing clear?

I will not be told by anyone on here, or anywhere else, what I can and cannot say about a blog.

Part of the blogging idea is that people can respond, and nothing gives me greater pleasure than making "people in the know" choke on their words.

This is why I dont read papers, its a one way communication to the ignorant masses. So if I see something in other areas of the online community that "grind my gears" I will always respond.

So while all of you claim to be able to rise above the rest of us and not respond to this kind of taunt, I dont.

If someone goes online in a forum that allows 2 way communication and publishes hugely ignorant opinions for the masses to read, I feel it is my duty to put that person in their place.

Lets be honest, its why we are all on here right now. So if I want to comment on Soccerlens, and how crap it is, I will do so.

Except your not putting anyone in their place. You're arguing on the internet (a feat that never has any winners) as well as giving the website a ton of hits and the writers something to do

They will also now post more items like this on a more regular basis because they get replies from people who are easily wound up. Take a look at some of their other articles ffs :FP:

The best thing is to ignore them and let their ****** website and articles fade into obscurity, not give them more publicity and respond to their terrible write ups

And no one said what you can and cant do, talk to them 24/7 if you want, just know that it is the wrong thing to do in this case

dreams-come-true
23-8-11, 11:07
A tool of an article. He will eat his words.

Starblind
23-8-11, 11:12
That article is so full of fail it's actually quite funny.

Then again its probably just a fishing expedition.

KetchupRob
23-8-11, 11:13
Is that what you think you did when you sent that very witty email to him?

At the end of the day its up to you or anyone else what they read and get all angry about. Some people just dont get pleasure out of looking for negative articles to rage over on the internet. No one is telling you what to read etc though.

Ah yes Craig, the day would not be complete without your opinion.

I dont seach the internet for negative comments, I was on here posting about something entirely different, and thought I would have a quick look through the threads, and found this one, which is what you did too, since you could not claim that your moral compass compelled you to open this thread to put me in my place.

And this is exactly why I dont join you lot on here as often anymore, I just cannot be bothered with people like you and your holier than thou attitude, you claim not to be on the internet reading the negative posts, and yet here you are, commenting on this thread.

I didnt get angry about the content of the blog on Soccerlens, I simply took offence to the claim that they were #1. Thats all.

--Craig--
23-8-11, 11:20
Ah yes Craig, the day would not be complete without your opinion.

I dont seach the internet for negative comments, I was on here posting about something entirely different, and thought I would have a quick look through the threads, and found this one, which is what you did too, since you could not claim that your moral compass compelled you to open this thread to put me in my place.

And this is exactly why I dont join you lot on here as often anymore, I just cannot be bothered with people like you and your holier than thou attitude, you claim not to be on the internet reading the negative posts, and yet here you are, commenting on this thread.

I didnt get angry about the content of the blog on Soccerlens, I simply took offence to the claim that they were #1. Thats all.

My mistake. You don't get angry at random blogs. You just send the author emails and get offended by them claiming they're #1. It's serious stuff to be fair, so sorry for suggesting otherwise.

LukasBrodolski
23-8-11, 11:22
My mistake. You don't get angry at random blogs. You just send the author emails and get offended by them claiming they're #1. It's serious stuff to be fair, so sorry for suggesting otherwise.

:D

GGEnron
23-8-11, 11:22
at least Arsenal will be if they actually sign a player for each they have shed

What kind of a journalist makes a statement like that? There are two major flaws in that sentence - first he doesn't know whether they will sign those players. And secondly, how do you know those players they sign will succeed?

KetchupRob
23-8-11, 11:29

Craig, since you have never met me, and oh how I hope you never will, are you in any position to claim to know what makes me angry? So not only can you sense when people need to be repremanded for supposedly reading negative blogs, but you can also sense when someone is angry.

Thats truly amazing.

Let me give you an insight into how angry I am today. Check out this thread. Should give you a better understanding of my current mindset.
http://forums.liverpoolfc.tv/showthread.php?t=270725

SectionOneOneSeven
23-8-11, 11:30
There's so much wrong with that I wouldn't know where to begin. The guy contradicts himself.

KetchupRob
23-8-11, 11:34
There's so much wrong with that I wouldn't know where to begin. The guy contradicts himself.

Stop.

We have been told not to respond to this article. :D

SaltAndPepe
23-8-11, 11:37
I think he's very much right about Henderson and Adam in particular.

Bit about Enrique though is UTTER tosh.

--Craig--
23-8-11, 11:41
Craig, since you have never met me, and oh how I hope you never will, are you in any position to claim to know what makes me angry? So not only can you sense when people need to be repremanded for supposedly reading negative blogs, but you can also sense when someone is angry.

Thats truly amazing.

Let me give you an insight into how angry I am today. Check out this thread. Should give you a better understanding of my current mindset.

If you have learning difficulties i sincerely apologise, but how are you missing the fact I quite clearly said "My mistake. You don't get angry at random blogs"? Yet you're still banging on about how you're not angry? I acknowledged that. I even said sorry for saying you get angry, which is pretty nice of me. You do get offended by blogs claiming they're #1 though, and email the author to tell him off for false advertising.

For what it's worth, you do seem very happy.

KetchupRob
23-8-11, 11:43
If you have learning difficulties i sincerely apologise, but how are you missing the fact I quite clearly said "My mistake. You don't get angry at random blogs"? Yet you're still banging on about how you're not angry? I acknowledged that. I even said sorry for saying you get angry, which is pretty nice of me. You do get offended by blogs claiming they're #1 though, and email the author to tell him off for false advertising.

For what it's worth, you do seem very happy.

And if you were the morally decent person you claim to be, your response would have been "congratulations". But I didnt expect that from you.

Flush
23-8-11, 11:44

"It’s usually wise not to judge a team after just two league games"

Grand so, I'll not bother reading the rest.

--Craig--
23-8-11, 11:45
And if you were the morally decent person you claim to be, your response would have been "congratulations". But I didnt expect that from you.

I'm not a morally decent person though, i would never claim that.

Congratulations though.

SaltAndPepe
23-8-11, 11:45

Lol thats a bit drastic, no?

SectionOneOneSeven
23-8-11, 11:46
Stop.

We have been told not to respond to this article. :D

What you shouting at me for mate, You seem ********** off this morning did someone steal your milk? Best thing to do is take a few deep breathes and try to relax.

SectionOneOneSeven
23-8-11, 11:47
Grand so, I'll not bother reading the rest.

KetchupRob
23-8-11, 11:50
I'm not a morally decent person though, i would never claim that.

Congratulations though.

Thanks Craig.

longstebe
23-8-11, 11:50
Is there a way I can bookmark this so I can read it again at 5pm on 13th May 2012?

Dont' worry mate I'm sure we'll remember.

KetchupRob
23-8-11, 11:51
What you shouting at me for mate, You seem ********** off this morning did someone steal your milk? Best thing to do is take a few deep breathes and try to relax.

Am I doing the smiley faces wrong?

When I do a :D it does not mean :(

When I do a :D it means :D:D:D

Ok?

Paullfc1976
23-8-11, 11:53
What a load horse poo.

SectionOneOneSeven
23-8-11, 11:55
Am I doing the smiley faces wrong?

When I do a :D it does not mean :(

When I do a :D it means :D:D:D

Ok?

No. You're being passive aggressive through smiley faces. I know your kind.

KloppBoy
23-8-11, 11:57
Worst article ever.

Just had a huge rant in the comments below. Not often I do that.

KetchupRob
23-8-11, 11:58
no. You're being passive aggressive through smiley faces. I know your kind.

:d:d:d

:D:D:D

redjonn
23-8-11, 12:43
I think our trasfer business so far has been reasonable. But to be honest considering a lot of comments in various threads over the recent period the article only articulates what some fans would appear to be saying of the players signed.

This is a rebuilding period and I don't think we have the finished team yet that will give us the sustained success I have been use to over my 50 years of watching Liverpool. I think some fans forget that it takes time to rebuild and I would be nicely surprised if we have that sustained success team in place yet. So the article should be taken in that context and to me is not a million miles from being reasonable. I think some of the players we have signed will grow into first class top team and winning silverware talent but I personally think we are not there yet and still rebuilding.

smokintony
23-8-11, 12:55
That article made surly to promote that web site, nothing more, the equivalent to talk sport ******** they come up with to get more people phoning in

WindyShepherdHenderson
23-8-11, 12:56
I just sent this to them

Good grief.

"Dear Red Bull, I had a can of your drink and was shocked to find out it didn't give me wings. I am very angry and so am writing this letter. You will hear from my lawyers for false advertising grr grr grr grr"

Liverdinner
23-8-11, 12:57
Written like an absolute bellend.

I agree with one or two of the ideas behind it, but he takes them way over the top.

Moron.

SixYardBoxer
23-8-11, 13:22
This for me ends any remaining doubt about whether evolution is true.

The missing link between human and ape intelligence has been found ........ and he writes for soccerlens.

(Apologies to any apes who might be reading this and were offended by me comparing your intelligence to this guy - it wasn't my intention to insult.)

:D made me chuckle, cheers!

WHEELS1974
23-8-11, 13:34
Possibly one of the worst summaries I've ever read. To call the author a Hater may be a little bit of an understatement..

LivingProof
23-8-11, 13:35
Click here (http://www.surrealfootball.com/2011/06/04/neil-isaacs-tweets-pt-2/)

jakesing
23-8-11, 13:38

**** me what an absolute idiot this writer is. I hope he publishes a few more of these gems and they eventually cost him his job

Tool

I left a comment to this effect but apparently it didn't pass moderation. Clearly by his logic, Suarez isn't good enough for any of the big four (which he defines as last season's top 4)..nor is Mezut Ozil or Alexis Sanchez or any other transfer that has gone through, ever.

NYscouser
23-8-11, 13:45
LOL, claiming Enrique is not good enough! What a horrible writer. Then by his logic Suarez is not good enough because no other top 4 teams went for him. LOL pathetic article.

KloppBoy
23-8-11, 14:06
I posted this underneath as a reply, but it got deleted... anyone think they know why!? :confused::confused:

“It’s usually wise not to judge a team after just two league games”
...So don’t then you imbecile. LFC have signed 7 new players since January and 5 this summer. Give them a chance to gel. You say Arsenal will be stronger once they sign players. How do you know that? Do you have a crystal ball? We were comfortably stronger than them on Saturday without playing anywhere near to our capabilities.

“Liverpool’s biggest problem last season was that Dalglish managed a squad overflowing with mediocrity”
“This season the problem has not been solved, if anything it has been exacerbated”

Give it a rest. We are shipping out the deadwood but it takes time. Jovanovich is gone. Babel is gone. Kyrgiakos is gone. Konchesky is gone. Ayala is gone and I’m sure a couple more will follow.We have immeasurably improved our squad. No longer are we relying on players such as Poulson and Konchesky. We have now have numerous quality options in positions all over the field. Yes we need a CB and a couple of extra quality signings perhaps, but Rome wasn’t built in a day. To criticise players like Henderson, who is 20, is unbelievable. You sound like a bitter rival fan and nothing more.

Did you even watch the game on Saturday? Did you see Enrique pick up the motm award? Did you see him keep Walcott in his pocket all game? Did you see him marauding forwards and defending equally as capably, in let’s not forget, his second ever appearance for the club. We have been crying out for a left back for years, and along with Downing, we now have real genuine quality down the left hand side which will cause havoc week in week out. (funny how you never mentioned Downing in your article too and merely skipped over Suarez who is arguably the most exciting forward in the premiership now.)

Your assessment of Charlie Adam is also a poor one. No one has claimed he is a Scottish Xabi Alonso. At least not by real Liverpool fans. They are different players and Alonso will be forever idolised by LFC fans worldwide for his contribution and love for the club. He is far from average. He excelled in a struggling Blackpool team last season, scoring goals, creating assists and working his socks off and you somehow managed to turn that into a negative.

I also find it hilarious you say Alonso is bound for greater things considering it is very unlikely now, given his age, he will win many major trophies in Spain due to Barcelona’s dominances, even if they have remarkably improved.
As for writing Gerrard off, I’m not even going to say much. If you are foolish enough to think that the greatest English midfielder of our generation is a spent force, you will only be eating humble pie come the end of the season. Many have made that mistake before. The fact that you pronounce his passing as “merely competent” is an embarrassment to yourself as a true football fan or assessor.

Andy Carroll was overpriced, almost all LFC fans will agree, but we will also maintain that getting suarez and Carroll for the price of a failing and unhappy Torres was some of the best business in the clubs history. Carroll will most certainly score goals (he already has scored more than Torres and hardly played last season) and certainly has moe to his game than just a “clean strike”. He just needs a bit of time and confidence and not fickle judgemental, know it all, bitter football ‘fans’ as yourself getting on his back. I actually hope you aren’t English, or you are forgetting his will most certainly be a regular international. He is only 22 afterall.

I could go on but my time is wasted on you I fear. You’ve actually made yourself look extremely stupid and bitter in this article, and if I was your present employer I would most certainly be handing you your P45 based on the quality – or lack of – of articles your produce. Awful, awful stuff.

Venks
23-8-11, 14:11

By this logic, all players we buy are mediocre (regardless of how good they are) and all players bought by United, Chelsea, City, and Arsenal are quality :FP:

RedXForever
23-8-11, 14:48
An article by the H-omo-Stupidus.

TomHighwaysM16
23-8-11, 14:58
Why do you waste your time on sites like those? I can write tomorrow a blog about Manchester United being extreme rubbish, too young, never replaced van der saar and scholes. I'd get zillion haters in a day and prove exactly nothing.

sureshock
23-8-11, 15:09
I love how he types down the first 13 words, but then proceeds to write the rest of this trollop.
Love it.

MickMackPaddyWack
23-8-11, 15:25

Thats truly amazing.

mate, don't let idiots like this *** craig get to you, him and his sort are just morons that have to get their daily fix on here, pretty sad really, but hey-ho each to their own

Ibeeeeey-lieve
23-8-11, 15:28
did he call Andy an oaf :eek::mad:

40Yarder
23-8-11, 15:28
I think Wayne Rooney wrote this article whilst indulging is his favourite pastime, and we all know what that is.

--Craig--
23-8-11, 15:34
mate, don't let idiots like this *** craig get to you, him and his sort are just morons that have to get their daily fix on here, pretty sad really, but hey-ho each to their own

Aren't you a 47 year old man who comes on the internet to cry about 'out of towners'?

reallash
23-8-11, 16:26
the OP has a point with regards to the midfield, we looked weak against sunderland in the second half, no imagination or posession aimed at a sustained push for a winner, in reality, a sunderland goal was coming, this was a team that was 14th going into the last game of last season. The same was evident at the arse, we controlled much of the game with little cutting edge, a draw was on the cards util fate took a hand.

A win is a win and i gladly took it at the arse, but it was not convincing against a weak team and again it was evident that the midfield was weak this is certainly a problem at the moment.

SixStringLuke
23-8-11, 16:52
Only a journalist could write 8 paragraphs when a sentence would have been enough.

What he meant to say is "I don't know anything about football."

It's an opinion piece from someone who is making judgements far too prematurely, who when proven wrong, will pretend he never wrote anything like this.

Not too bothered to be honest.

johnnymomo1
23-8-11, 19:42
he says gerrard is in the top 3 midfielders to play in the premiership, then says a 20 goal a season midfielder, has wayward shooting, and is merely a competent passer, not good comments to establish any credibility at all, and to call Andy carroll an oaf is just plain idiotic, the guardian should really be asking questions of the sports editor for this slipping through the net

MFJTS
23-8-11, 21:44

I actually want to introduce whoever wrote this's face to the sole of my boot.

Jonah100
23-8-11, 23:58
What a gimp. Ignore it...must be written by a Manc or Liverpool hater. I have never disagreed with so many things in one article. :mad:

sjcrosby
24-8-11, 00:18
FFS. give me back my 3 minutes I wasted reading that!

This :AG:

prredhouse
24-8-11, 00:23
We'll be judged on a game by game basis and you know what thats the way it should be. I feel the game at home to Bolton will be an acid test because they have scored 6 goals in their last two games. So if we pinch 3 points and keep a clean sheet i will be really chuffed. 1-0 will do fine and a home win will be crucial to get that home form kicking.

Its about game to game and if we are written off early that in its own right is a good thing, keeps us under the radar.

MFJTS
25-8-11, 21:31
I agree. I'd rather no one was taking us seriously anyway, that could be why we collapsed so spectacularly in 09/10, because the expectation was all on us to win the title and reach the CL final and whatever. Now no one expects us to do much, which will make it all the sweeter when we do. :scarf

I really don't give a toss what fans of other clubs think about Liverpool. I care about what Liverpool fans think about Liverpool. Cos we're all that matters.

BewilderedLemon
25-8-11, 21:35
Mid table? since when is 6th mid table in a 20 team league? herp derp

Bobbypeck
25-8-11, 23:01
I love reading tripe like this. Makes me look forward even more to Kenny and co shoving these words down his throat

19-UNDER-[B-ROD]
25-8-11, 23:07

Thanks for posting this!

I needed something to read,and then to subsequently wipe my arse with while I'm on the toilet.

RedRob67
25-8-11, 23:27
the OP has a point with regards to the midfield, we looked weak against sunderland in the second half, no imagination or posession aimed at a sustained push for a winner, in reality, a sunderland goal was coming, this was a team that was 14th going into the last game of last season. The same was evident at the arse, we controlled much of the game with little cutting edge, a draw was on the cards util fate took a hand.

A win is a win and i gladly took it at the arse, but it was not convincing against a weak team and again it was evident that the midfield was weak this is certainly a problem at the moment.

Sorry matey thats just bla bla .
we werent weak or indecisive or lacking ideas against Arse , and v Sunderland , a dissallowed goal and a bit of luck with the pen and a different story ..
if we have problems to solve , it is not the way we play much more individuals keeping their concentration for the required time.

Flanno made a little mistake and payed for it . Downing scored v Arse but got ruled a foul . then we had a bit of luck from ramsey and Raul and luis showed what sillys the Goons are .
Dont see your gripe with the first two games

MaradonaTheGreatest
26-8-11, 01:12
Pffft

Pedagogue
26-8-11, 03:57
All of this electronic discourse is sheeeiiitte!!

Let the boys play footy, hopefully with a tad of intelligence and cohesion giving us a throwback.

:scarf

postmanedd
26-8-11, 10:38
Funniest part of that article is about enrique, who do arsenal have who is better? Are clichy or kolarov better?(nope) and personally I would not swap him for cole or evra.

Speshhh
27-8-11, 14:32
Much as I despise the anti-Liverpool bias of the author some of the comments still made me feel uncomfortable. I am worried about Suarez's lack of partner, the fact we are still relying upon potential and our failure to sign a genuine right winger.

Maybe it's all the years of unwarranted expectation. Hoping my concerns are unfounded. :scarf

smokintony
22-3-12, 17:09
We showed them didnt we:FP:

Darrren1
22-3-12, 17:27
Good, well-written article. He's looking pretty shrewd now.

L1verFC
22-3-12, 17:28
**** off

Idiots

DiscoDjimi
22-3-12, 17:35
Pretty scary how accurate that article is, the only one he got wrong was Enrique.

smokintony
22-3-12, 17:56
Pretty scary how accurate that article is, the only one he got wrong was Enrique.

Exactly yet most of the posts here are just pointless rants at the author for saying it, will we ever learn

WindyShepherdHenderson
22-3-12, 17:58
I just sent this to them

WindyShepherdHenderson
22-3-12, 17:58
We showed them didnt we:FP:

You seem to be revelling in the fact that we suck. It's odd.

smokintony
22-3-12, 18:04
You seem to be revelling in the fact that we suck. It's odd.

Not at all just found it interesting that at start of season a genuine opinion on our club could get such amount of abuse, and someone did say they wanted to bookmark it to read again at end of season , well here it is

MFJTS
22-3-12, 22:30
Pretty much mate :D

I always have a laugh when someone uses that argument. Seen it on here a few times.

"ManUnited aren't interested in him, so why are we?!"

It's a fair enough argument. If United, City or Chelsea are after a player, I always think 'Oh he must be pretty good then.'

But then again, United wanted Charlie Adam. Bet they're glad they didn't waste their money.