PDA

View Full Version : Liverpool not Appealing Suarez Decision. - Banned for 8 games from today

Pages : [1] 2 3

uwillnevawalkalone
3-1-12, 18:31
ssn

LordJamieOfCarragher
3-1-12, 18:32
The club statement

It is our strongly held conviction that the Football Association and the panel it selected constructed a highly subjective case against Luis Suarez based on an accusation that was ultimately unsubstantiated.

The FA and the panel chose to consistently and methodically accept and embrace arguments leading to a set of conclusions that found Mr. Suarez to "probably" be guilty while in the same manner deciding to completely dismiss the testimony that countered their overall suppositions.

Mr. Evra was deemed to be credible in spite of admitting that he himself used insulting and threatening words towards Luis and that his initial charge as to the word used was somehow a mistake.

The facts in this case were that an accusation was made, a rebuttal was given and there was video of the match. The remaining facts came from testimony of people who did not corroborate any accusation made by Mr. Evra.

In its determination to prove its conclusions to the public through a clearly subjective 115-page document, the FA panel has damaged the reputation of one the Premier League's best players, deciding he should be punished and banned for perhaps a quarter of a season. This case has also provided a template in which a club's rival can bring about a significant ban for a top player without anything beyond an accusation.

Nevertheless, there are ultimately larger issues than whether or not Luis Suarez has been treated fairly by the Football Association in this matter. There are important points we want to make today that overshadow what has occurred during the past two months.

The issue of race in sports, as in other industries, has a very poor history. Far too often, and in far too many countries, the issues of racism and discrimination have been covered over or ignored.

In America, where Liverpool ownership resides, there was a shameful bigotry that prevented black athletes from competing at the highest levels for decades.

English football has led the world in welcoming all nationalities and creeds into its Premier League and its leagues below, and Liverpool Football Club itself has been a leader in taking a progressive stance on issues of race and inclusion. The Luis Suarez case has to end so that the Premier League, the Football Association and the Club can continue the progress that has been made and will continue to be made and not risk a perception, at least by some, that would diminish our commitment on these issues.

Liverpool Football Club have supported Luis Suarez because we fundamentally do not believe that Luis on that day - or frankly any other - did or would engage in a racist act. Notably, his actions on and off the pitch with his teammates and in the community have demonstrated his belief that all athletes can play together and that the colour of a person's skin is irrelevant.

Continuing a fight for justice in this particular case beyond today would only obscure the fact that the Club wholeheartedly supports the efforts of the Football Association, the Football League and the Premier League to put an end to any form of racism in English football.

It is time to put the Luis Suarez matter to rest and for all of us, going forward, to work together to stamp out racism in every form both inside and outside the sport.

It is for this reason that we will not appeal the eight-game suspension of Luis Suarez.

MerseyMiracles
3-1-12, 18:34
Highly annoying. Perhaps the best thing to do. But to take the fall here is a very bitter pill to swallow.

On another note, why didnt we accept the charge AFTER the City game? :huh:

livrule
3-1-12, 18:34
Well, thats that.

We all look like total mugs now.

TheBootRoom
3-1-12, 18:35
That`s basically ADMITTING guilt!

Luis will now be branded a RACIST forever.

This could RUIN the man.

Expect fireworks......Luis will be back vs The Scum.

rex-hunt
Superb.

-Danny-
******* hell. :rolleyes:

sedplas
he won't play tonight?

LordJamieOfCarragher
3-1-12, 18:36
Tuesday, 3 January 2012
Barclays Premier League
Man City v Liverpool, 20:00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, 6 January 2012
The FA Cup
Liverpool v Oldham, R3, 20:00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, 11 January 2012
Carling Cup
Man City v Liverpool, SF, L1, 19:45

Saturday, 14 January 2012
Barclays Premier League
Liverpool v Stoke, 15:00

Saturday, 21 January 2012
Barclays Premier League
Bolton v Liverpool, 17:30

Wednesday, 25 January 2012
Carling Cup
Liverpool v Man City, SF, L2, 19:45

Tuesday, 31 January 2012
Barclays Premier League
Wolverhampton v Liverpool, 19:45

Monday, 6 February 2012
Barclays Premier League
Liverpool v Tottenham, 20:00

There will, hopefully, be an FA Cup 4th ROund match in there as well, meaning Spurs at home will be his first match back

nicoNumber7
I think Luis can play against the Scum United. That will be great to kick his ass that day.

TheBootRoom
KARMA is a **** Evra.......... you`ll see.

Paulh85
Highly annoying. Perhaps the best thing to do. But to take the fall here is a very bitter pill to swallow.

it means he will be back from the united game :D couldnt script this stuff

sedplas
3-1-12, 18:37

If I'm not wrong, if the ban starts now, and he can't play tonight, than he will be back just for United game. Just to **** them off

f4h1dul
It's the best thing to do, we wouldn't have won the appeal. It would've just prolonged the bad press that the club is receiving. We all have our opinions on what should've happened, and we already know that the FA is biased. There was no point wasting time, with a ban that would've stood anyway. The only thing we should be asking is, where is the warning for Evra and his beautiful words that he blessed Suarez with?

Cardinal18
smart choice by lfc. this means he only misses 4 premier league games instead of 8, coz 4 games will be cup matches. if we beat oldham in the fa cup (as we should) then 5 of those 8 games will be cup matches. he'll be back for spurs in early feb.........

MarcosBaghdatis
John Bradley @JBcommentator
Providing Liverpool beat Oldham in FA Cup Round 3 on Friday, Luis Suarez will be available for the home game with Tottenham on 6th February

Skelding
statement from suarez:

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/statement-from-luis-suarez

MerseyMiracles
3-1-12, 18:38
If I'm not wrong, if the ban starts now, and he can't play tonight, than he will be back just for United game. Just to **** them off

Didnt realise that was when the Utd game was. Okay then. :happy:

rex-hunt
3-1-12, 18:39
Pragmatism and dignity, as I've said all along. Let's move on.

DG17
I dont think we'll miss him as much as some will have you believe. Bellamy can and should play centrally, Gerrards back and Carroll will get chances.

Hes an amazing talent but we'll pull together and get through this. If anything it might give everyone an extra 5 or 10%

Im going to go out on a limb here and say by the time Luis comes back we will definately be in the top 4

Feel free to bump when he does finally return ;)

LordJamieOfCarragher
John Bradley @JBcommentator
Providing Liverpool beat Oldham in FA Cup Round 3 on Friday, Luis Suarez will be available for the home game with Tottenham on 6th February

Or a draw

GERRAAAARD
That's a really good statement, and i'm glad that, despite the lack of evidence supporting Evra (despite the match being beamed around the world, and a complete lack of witnesses) that we've accepted the ban and can now put an end to it.

livrule
3-1-12, 18:40
I dont think we'll miss him as much as some will have you believe. Bellamy can and should play centrally, Gerrards back and Carroll will get chances.

Hes an amazing talent but we'll pull together and get through this. If anything it might give everyone an extra 5 or 10%

Im going to go out on a limb here and say by the time Luis comes back we will definately be in the top 4

Feel free to bump when he does finally return ;)

Would need to win tonight to make that even close to being possible.

Dolanpls
3-1-12, 18:40
Spineless.

rex-hunt
3-1-12, 18:41
And here we are all talking about football again . . . sometimes this fast-food world isn't all bad.

Simo429
Find it quite pathetic.

Think the club have let him down big style, they went into this completely unaware of the stakes it seems employing the brief that they did and presenting the case that they did and then to come out with the solid support that they did only to then not follow through just makes it look even worse.

Issuing this statement an hour before kick off must be a calculated move but I find it crazy. I think the club bottled it and Luis will suffer.

GeneralParanoia
Whilst I am frustrated and angry that Suarez has been branded a racist on the basis of nothing more than an accusation (which itself sets a dangerous precendent), I think the club has done the sensible thing here.

The FA were not going to back down on this issue for fear of looking weak against racism. Therefore an appeal would only have delayed the inevitable. The club has stated they continue to believe Suarez did not do anything wrong but that the larger picture has to be taken into consideration.

This is not admitting guilt by any means, but accepting the reality that nothing was going to change the dogmatic views of the FA and the panel they selected.

I just hope the FA realise the precedant they've set with this case. They've charged and found guilty a player with nothing more than another player's word. That is a frankly worrying state of affairs to be in.

tress
Spineless.

I disapprove.

Marco9
3-1-12, 18:42
please finally buy a striker in the following week ffs don't wait till the 31st of january

TheBootRoom
We can all say goodbye to John Terry now then........ I`m sure that WITH evidence, and BLATANT evidence at that, the FA will ban him for at least the rest of the season.

But knowing them, because it has "been dealt with by a higher authority" (police) - they will do F.All......and the REAL racist will get away with a police fine and caution.

Slater-LFC
Maybe its the correct thing to do. However, why leave it until an hour before kick off?

Yet again issues off the pitch threaten to take the spotlight away from the players on it.

TsingTao7777
3-1-12, 18:43
I have more respect than ever for Suarez, he has sacrificed himself for the club. By dragging this out he knew it would cause problems between everyone. By getting the ban over with now he can clear his and our teams heads and come back with a vengence against UTD

YNWA Suarez

DG17
Would need to win tonight to make that even close to being possible.

Nonsense statement. Look at the league table ;)

CTA84
Luis's Statement.

First of all I would like to thank everyone so much for all the help and support I have received during these last few weeks.

Thank you to my family, my friends and everybody at LFC (the staff, manager and coaching staff, the directors, my team mates and everyone who is working on a daily basis for this great club) and thank you especially to all the fans who made sure I never felt let down for one second. During those days I understood more than ever what 'You'll Never Walk Alone' means.

Like many of you I was born into a very humble family, in a working class neighbourhood, in a small country. But I was born and raised learning what respect, manners and sacrifice mean. Thanks to my family, from my first club where I started playing, to my transfer to Holland in Europe, I learned the values which made me the person I am now. Never, I repeat, never, have I had any racial problem with a team mate or individual who was of a different race or colour to mine. Never.

I am very upset by all the things which have been said during the last few weeks about me, all of them being very far from the truth. But above all, I'm very upset at feeling so powerless whilst being accused of something which I did not, nor would not, ever do.

In my country, 'negro' is a word we use commonly, a word which doesn't show any lack of respect and is even less so a form of racist abuse. Based on this, everything which has been said so far is totally false.

I will carry out the suspension with the resignation of someone who hasn't done anything wrong and who feels extremely upset by the events. I do feel sorry for the fans and for my team mates whom I will not be able to help during the next month. It will be a very difficult time for me.

The only thing I wish for at the moment is being able to run out again at Anfield and to do what I like most which is playing football.

Thank you very much.

YNWA

Simo429
3-1-12, 18:44
Be nice if tomorrow we had the news of a signing to take this sting away, the odds for a certain ginger striker at Chelsea rejoining have halved today.

livrule
3-1-12, 18:44
Find it quite pathetic.

Think the club have let him down big style, they went into this completely unaware of the stakes it seems employing the brief that they did and presenting the case that they did and then to come out with the solid support that they did only to then not follow through just makes it look even worse.

Issuing this statement an hour before kick off must be a calculated move but I find it crazy. I think the club bottled it and Luis will suffer.

Totally agree.

rex-hunt
3-1-12, 18:45
Find it quite pathetic.

If there was a mistake it was the entirely uncalled for and unprofessional knee-jerk battle-cry of an initial statement which riled our fans in the first place. This is much more measured and dignified, but it'll inevitably be regarded as a damp squib of a statement from those fans who want more of the first statement and feel we can win this with heart and passion.

Danny-Booy
could see the end of suarez now, basically he's a racist, not in our eyes but in everone elses he is, i dont wont a racist bringin the clubs name down, we are not man utd or chelsea, we are liverpool

YNWA

brianpool
"Mr. Evra was deemed to be credible in spite of admitting that he himself used insulting and threatening words towards Luis and that his initial charge as to the word used was somehow a mistake."

But the FA are doing ****** all about that :angry:

DeathByFootball
I hope Evra breaks both his legs and is out for the rest of the year

CTA84
3-1-12, 18:46
could see the end of suarez now, basically he's a racist, not in our eyes but in everone elses he is, i dont wont a racist bringin the clubs name down, we are not man utd or chelsea, we are liverpool

YNWA

But he's not a racist.

Aaronh
I know many won't agree, but the only thing that needs doing right now is an LFC and Suarez statement of apology.

Only because of the statement and tshirts. Has to be done now unfortunately.

DeathByFootball
"Mr. Evra was deemed to be credible in spite of admitting that he himself used insulting and threatening words towards Luis and that his initial charge as to the word used was somehow a mistake."

But the FA are doing ****** all about that :angry:

I hope whoever decided the verdict trips and falls and loses all his teeth:mad:

Simo429

YNWA

Who the **** cares what everyone else thinks

In half the countries eyes who read the sun we killed our own fans

What is important is what we know.

Slater-LFC
3-1-12, 18:47
Find it quite pathetic.

I think Liverpool should be quite embarresed with how they have handled the whole situation. Luis will now pay for it as you say.

DG17
I know many won't agree, but the only thing that needs doing right now is an LFC and Suarez statement of apology.

And make us look even bigger fools? No not for me thanks

tress
Find it quite pathetic.

Maybe they took the decision together, maybe dragging this on would be worse. I think appealing wouldn't guarantee anything. Even if the ban is reduced to 6 games, the harm is already done. Keeping the media away from this hell is the best thing to do ... and the fact that he's banned for only 3 or 4 EPL games is even better. Plus, he'll be rested. Dammit, I'm trying to look at the positives here, someone help me out ... :D

-Danny-
Now lets watch John Terry get away scot free.

BRodgers8
3-1-12, 18:48
When will he return?

Dolanpls
If they believe him etc, back him up.

**** off Liverpool.

rex-hunt
Evra and the FA have both definitively stated that Suarez is NOT a racist. If that doesn't suffice, no amount of dragging this through the courts will change things. This had to be concisely nipped in the bud now and it has been. Again. let's move one.

Aaronh
And make us look even bigger fools? No not for me thanks

If their pride was all that was at stake they shouldn't hve rushed into releasing a statement.

As I said its not what most will want but it simply has to be done.

BRodgers8
who the **** cares what everyone else thinks

in half the countries eyes who read the sun we killed our own fans

what is important is what we know.

well said

GeneralParanoia
Luis's Statement.

Quality statement from Luis and I feel so sorry for him. The things he has had to endure being said about him on a daily basis is simply unforgiveable. I do not believe he committed any offence and I believe the FA and its independent panel have produced a very circumstantial document containing nothing more than opinion and conjecture.

I cannot wait to see Suarez back in a red shirt. In the mean time, I will be supporting all the lads who go out against City tonight and for the rest of his suspension.

christhered
3-1-12, 18:49
Lets move on, its been a mess from start to finish.
One thing I will say is, wearing those T shirts was pretty ******* stupid.

HeyMacaReina

I definitely disagree.

TsingTao7777
I have to say i question the timing of this. If this was said tomorrow he could have played tonight. Maybe his head isn't in the game?

Very odd, this whole situation is becoming very strange

MerseyMiracles
Find it quite pathetic.

I believe the document presented by the FA put LFC in a very very very difficult position. I think we all knew this was the only option left. We have all been well and truly done over, no least, Suarez. On appeal to the FA we would find ourselves denied, I have no doubt.

Whine
3-1-12, 18:50
Another victory for Fergie. I bet he's sitting at home with a bottle of whiskey laughing his head off.

No cup games for me this season in protest against the FA

LordJamieOfCarragher
If we lose on Friday he'll be back for Man U away on Feb 11th.

If we win on Friday or draw and lose a replay he'll be back for Spurs on Feb 6th.

If we draw Friday and win the replay he'll be back for Wolves on 31st Jan.

*All of the above is true if there are no postponed matches. :)

Weatherman93
A decision has been made. I'm glad it's now over despite Suarez not able to play for the next 8 games.

Let's concentrate on Liverpool getting back to the top 4. YNWA!

Simo429
I do wonder if this was always the plan

Look at the games he misses

Probable 2 fa cup games
2 league cup games
City in the league
Stoke Bolton and Wolves

It couldn't have really fell any kinder for him to then come back against Spurs at home and United away.

However if that was the case the display they have put on was pathetic.

Chelsea2scum1
Another victory for Fergie. I bet he's sitting at home with a bottle of whiskey laughing his head off.

How will the FA cope? :laugh:

WTBunster
Atleast this way he misses a load of cup games, and it gets it out the way. The ban isn't the problem though, its how the FA have ruined the reputation of not just one of the best players in the league, but one of the best players in the world.

Aaronh
3-1-12, 18:51
I definitely disagree.

Why though? They questioned the case almost aggressively, upon viewing the proof they were waiting for havnt acted?

The club look utterly utterly ridiculous now.

WTBunster
3-1-12, 18:52
We should draw in the FA cup game then he will miss the replay :D

Danny-Booy
maybe we shouldn't care what others think but,

suarez has been found guilty of being racist - FACT

dunno bout you but i wouldn't take the blame for something i didn't do, would you??

The club is better than this, sorry but bye-bye suarez

FamousInternationale
Was always up for the unwinnable fight but it looks like the club aren't.

Perhaps because it was unwinnable.

AnfieldSouth41
'In my country, 'negro' is a word we use commonly, a word which doesn't show any lack of respect and is even less so a form of racist abuse.

I will carry out the suspension with the resignation of someone who hasn't done anything wrong and who feels extremely upset by the events.'

Nice one FA. 8 game ban for using a word that in his country is not even racist. Classy.

I know they're trying to send out a message that racism is not accepted but to issue an 8 game ban in this instance is way over the top. Why dont they do it to the Englishman who is clearly on camera saying 'effing black c word'.

Very harsh considering its a commonly used word in Uruguay. He's only just arrived how is he supposed to learn every single right and wrong in the UK in just a few months.

Simo429
3-1-12, 18:53

dunno bout you but i wouldn't take the blame for something i didn't do, would you??

That's not a fact at all in fact it very strongly says they do not think Luis Suarez is a Racist.

He will go no where so if you don't like it **** off.

ChivasRegal69
The problem we've got, and Suarez, has got is that all rival team fans will be giving him hell! Not because they think he's a racist but they will do it to unsettle the player. It's 100% what they will do, we'd do it if it was a player from another team.
Also he's now been tarred with being a racist! He isn't a racist but he's gonna get hell for it from fans now forever!

It's a bit like that guy from Corronation Street, even though he's actually been cleared of messing with kids, everyone (me included) will be thinking 'I wonder if he really did do it'.

spion-on-you
send him out on loan to ajax for 8 games :blush:

MaxB

If John Terry gets away with his case I'm going to.....................

ARGH :mad::mad:

Chelsea2scum1

Well Shankly, Tommy Smith, grobelaar were all racist in the past.

I think Suarez should serve his ban and get a clean slate.

redondemand
I expected something like this and raised my concerns in the evidence thread.Its infuriating on one hand after club support suarez to the extreme before judgement and after the verdict gently accepting the punishment.But it was to be expected as all the media frenzy around suarez was making like LFC was condoning racism and the hit LFC brand and the owners will take to their reputation was always going to be a factor.Anyhow what is done is done and a sound striker signing in the window will lessen the blow

-Danny-
3-1-12, 18:54

Good grief.

rex-hunt

He hasn't 'taken the blame'. We've rejected the verdict and FA's credibility and moved on with dignity - common sense has prevailed. Almost unbelievably, people are already debating what this means in footballing terms . . . join in.

FamousInternationale
If John Terry gets away with his case I'm going to.....................

ARGH :mad::mad:

I can't imagine he will. If he does I too will hit the ******* roof.

TheDarknessIsCalling
I don't think I could let it lie if I was Suarez, while he and his advisors may realise it would be an uphill struggle to change a decision which he is powerless to control, not appealing leaves those who agreed with the decision and now the decision not to appeal feeling the(ir) 'truth' has been outed.

I think I'd rather go down defending my innocence, unless of course the alternative was a severe penalty like death or a life ban if unsuccessful. Conceding defeat is like admitting the allegation, he may come to regret not appealing it. I appealed redundancy a few years ago, I knew it was futile, but I know how I'd have felt if I hadn't even tried. Very least I inconvenienced them, and can say that I didn't concede to what was clearly a pathetic exercise in making numbers say what they wanted.

And if I, like my dad, was diagnosed with cancer I doubt I would simply give up. It may mean quality of life is less with treatments, but it's kept him going a bit longer than otherwise would have been the case - and there was always that slim hope he might exceed all expectations. If only it hadn't affected two areas at the same time it might have been operable.

Disappointing decision from LFC and Suarez, caps off a pretty lousy xmas for me.

WatchNgog
I'm gutted for Luis. He's been shafted by the FA and all the other groups hat have hammered him.
I sence from the statement the owners may have had a very large say in stopping this here and now.
This incident will in my opinion will leave the door open for players from amy background to make false allegations against anyone they wish amd sets a dangerous precedent.
Suarez has amd always will have my full backing

WTBunster
3-1-12, 18:55
If we had appealed it though it would have dragged it on for months and months, at the end of the day maybe at least this way its over. Suarez will come back stronger and with a fully fit Steven Gerrard back we can do anything... were LFC.

SuarezTheFleshEater
Message from Luis:

Hello everyone,

First of all, I would like to express my sincere gratitude for all the support I've received these past few weeks. To my family, friends, mates of Uruguayan team and its staff and of course to the Liverpool F.C. (workers, coaches, managers, my teammates, and all who are part of the day-to-day life of this great club), and, of course, all the fans who never once allowed me to feel alone for even a single second throughout all of this. These past days, I have felt the meaning of that support more than ever: You never walk alone.

As many of you know, I was born into a humble family in a working-class neighborhood of a small country. But born and raised with the values of respect, politeness, and sacrifice. My family, from the very first club where I started playing up until my move to Europe, have instilled the values that have shaped the person I am today. Let me be absolutely clear: I've never -- ever -- had a single racial problem with any team mate, player, or person with a skin color or race different from my own. Never.

As a result, I am very upset about what has been said about me in recent weeks, all of which have been very far from the truth. This is further compounded by the helplessness I feel for not having done anything yet being accused of something I did not nor would ever do. In my country, the Spanish word for ďblackĒ is a term commonly used and does not symbolise any disrespect, let alone racism. Everything that has been said beyond that is completely and utterly false.

I will comply with the sanction, but with the acquiescence of someone who has not done anything and who feels extremely upset about what has transpired. Iím sorry for the fans and for the teammates who I will not be able to assist in this coming month. This will be very difficult for me.

My only wish is to get back to the stadium and do what I like most again, that is, to play football.

Thank you all very much,
YNWA
Luis Alberto Suarez.

So sad, we love you Suarez! :(

Chelsea2scum1
The problem we've got, and Suarez, has got is that all rival team fans will be giving him hell! Not because they think he's a racist but they will do it to unsettle the player. It's 100% what they will do, we'd do it if it was a player from another team.
Also he's now been tarred with being a racist! He isn't a racist but he's gonna get hell for it from fans now forever!

It's a bit like that guy from Corronation Street, even though he's actually been cleared of messing with kids, everyone (me included) will be thinking 'I wonder if he really did do it'.

Well Ronaldo was called a Portuguese grease ball(racist by the way) every ground he visited. It made him a better player. Suarez should try to do the same.

robertretford
Now lets watch John Terry get away scot free.

I think it's the right course of action.

The club and Luis, rightly so, have not accepted any guilt and as such should not issue an apology. They have been dignified in showing they are committed to the fight against racism even if it means their 'star striker' has to suffer as a consequence.

Our efforts now, as fans, should be to continue to be 100% behind Luis, he needs it now more than ever.

rex-hunt

McCormick . . . is that you?

Whine
How will the FA cope? :laugh:

I don't know,but that's their problem.:laugh:

Warbi
3-1-12, 18:56
This is the best way to handle this for he club from here. Taking it further would've gotten very messy.

4 league games, and charge still denied.

MerseyMiracles
3-1-12, 18:56

is that actually possible? it would be the most hilarious thing. :laugh:

AnfieldSouth41
3-1-12, 18:57
Quite funny his return game is at Old trafford and he misses the games against Man City and Tottenham. Uniteds closest rivals for the league.

Only consolation from this is that it doesnt help Man United out in the slightest. I can live with that.

mercer90
oh well have to be positive lets get behind carroll as he has big boots to fill

Whompy Whomperson

of course he will they will want their precious England captain match fit for the euros they will say the police or who ever found him not guilty and we will not go against it or some ******** like that.

WTBunster
Message from Luis:

Hello everyone,

First of all, I would like to express my sincere gratitude for all the support I've received these past few weeks. To my family, friends, mates of Uruguayan team and its staff and of course to the Liverpool F.C. (workers, coaches, managers, my teammates, and all who are part of the day-to-day life of this great club), and, of course, all the fans who never once allowed me to feel alone for even a single second throughout all of this. These past days, I have felt the meaning of that support more than ever: You never walk alone.

As many of you know, I was born into a humble family in a working-class neighborhood of a small country. But born and raised with the values of respect, politeness, and sacrifice. My family, from the very first club where I started playing up until my move to Europe, have instilled the values that have shaped the person I am today. Let me be absolutely clear: I've never -- ever -- had a single racial problem with any team mate, player, or person with a skin color or race different from my own. Never.

As a result, I am very upset about what has been said about me in recent weeks, all of which have been very far from the truth. This is further compounded by the helplessness I feel for not having done anything yet being accused of something I did not nor would ever do. In my country, the Spanish word for ďblackĒ is a term commonly used and does not symbolise any disrespect, let alone racism. Everything that has been said beyond that is completely and utterly false.

I will comply with the sanction, but with the acquiescence of someone who has not done anything and who feels extremely upset about what has transpired. Iím sorry for the fans and for the teammates who I will not be able to assist in this coming month. This will be very difficult for me.

My only wish is to get back to the stadium and do what I like most again, that is, to play football.

Thank you all very much,
YNWA
Luis Alberto Suarez.

So sad, we love you Suarez! :(
Love him. It must be hard for him in a new country where it seems everyone bar Liverpool fans hate him. In a way though its a compliment... they only hate him because hes so good.

Chelsea2scum1
This is the best way to handle this for he club from here. Taking it further would've gotten very messy.

4 league games.

3 really. city were always going to win tonight.

Simo429
Quite funny his return game is at Old trafford and he misses the games against Man City and Tottenham. Uniteds closest rivals for the league.

Only consolation from this is that it doesnt help Man United out in the slightest. I can live with that.

He won't miss against Spurs as long as we win on Friday.

Centre-Half
3-1-12, 18:58
Just been having a read on Red Cafe to see what they're all saying.

Good God. I shouldn't be surprised but....:oyh:

RossMosh
First Liverpool advise Suarez improperly and now they won't back him up after their advice backfires.

I think John Henry needs to live in Liverpool for a couple of months and straighten things out. This is just embarrassing.

rex-hunt

Ajax Cape Town?

Aaronh
He hasn't 'taken the blame'. We've rejected the verdict and FA's credibility and moved on with dignity - common sense has prevailed. Almost unbelievably, people are already debating what this means in footballing terms . . . join in.

Moved on with dignity?

If no appeals been made I'm sorry but our statement released was nothing short of shamefull.

MaxB

A 40k fine is massive aswell, imagine if they fined everyone in the crowd's that were abusive.

GERRAAAARD
We can all say goodbye to John Terry now then........ I`m sure that WITH evidence, and BLATANT evidence at that, the FA will ban him for at least the rest of the season.

But knowing them, because it has "been dealt with by a higher authority" (police) - they will do F.All......and the REAL racist will get away with a police fine and caution.

I mentioned in another thread, but probably more relevant here; Now Terry's case is a criminal matter, dealt with in court, i'm not sure the FA will take action if there's a guilty verdict, aside from either strip him of the England captaincy or not pick him for England altogether.

I may be wrong but I can't recall a player being banned by the FA for a criminal conviction.

BIGREDSLFC
3-1-12, 18:59
If Terry got less than he deserve after Suarez's case, **** FA!

Evra! Karma does exist *****! you ******* ****!

Danny-Booy

4 league games.

maybe it would of got messy, but we would have at least tried to do something, by backing down it shows that the club believe him to be guilty

-Danny-

**** off, seriously.

Tidus227
Question, why didn't we get Suarez to play tonight and let the ban start tomorrow?....

I'd rather we have him against Man City and then him back for United, I'd rather we had him tonight to beat city and catch up into top 4 T^T

FamousInternationale
McCormick . . . is that you?

:happy:

LuisGarciasLittleMan
Evra and the FA have both definitively stated that Suarez is NOT a racist. If that doesn't suffice, no amount of dragging this through the courts will change things. This had to be concisely nipped in the bud now and it has been. Again. let's move one.

Will it be enough to sue the mirror etc for this?

No didnt think so mud sticks

SuarezTheFleshEater
Love him. It must be hard for him in a new country where it seems everyone bar Liverpool fans hate him. In a way though its a compliment... they only hate him because hes so good.

That's so true...

WatchNgog
Question.

Should Luis Suarez shake Evras hand if the two start the game at Old Trafford?
I don't think he should. Evra has destroyed Suarez reputation

DG17
3-1-12, 19:00
All you need to do to understand why they have made the decision now is to look at the games that he will miss, 3 cup games that will probably be 4 cup games, after that the league games he will miss dont involve any of the top sides apart from tonight. The timing of the actual decision is a good one even if the whole event itself is an absolute shambles

RedFaiq
In addition to the strongly worded statement from the club, they should now go after Evra.

"This case has also provided a template in which a club's rival can bring about a significant ban for a top player without anything beyond an accusation."

Ultimately, the club could have appealed and dragged this thing on, but as I mentioned on another thread, there is a much bigger issue at stake here and that is the reputation of one of the greatest clubs around the world.

We all fully support Luis and I think he will be a far stronger player when he gets back.

TheDarknessIsCalling

There are other factors maybe the club didn't consider. They will avoid any chance of receiving a longer ban, BUT it may also affect him psychologically. With all the things going on over xmas and still with me, my dad's health not least, I am not in the best place I've ever been. If I could fight for my dad's health, even if I didn't succeed, at least I'd have that pick-me-up.

It could be when he returns he's still affected, determination, fight, resolve, knowing you've done all you can is something we look from in our team and respect and credit that even if they still lose, but if they gave up at 0-1 down do you think we'd be the same?

And would any of us really want fergie and Evra to come out of this with smug feelings of satisfaction they got the result they wanted? I'd rather stick a finger up at them and the FA and say, you might get your pound of flesh or even six pounds of flesh, but at the end of the day I know I'm innocent and I will go down fighting. I won't quote Braveheart, but don't you think he may have lost his life but he still had a metaphorical finger pointing at the 'victors'

Whompy Whomperson
heres a question suarez comes back against utd whats to stop evra doing it again? or tormenting him about it or winding him up about it

the FA have almost given him their blessing to abuse players and their family and go unpunished.

I still think that evra should also be finned and banned but he hasn't and he wont be but he has admitted what he did but it was IGNORED :angry:

MarcosBaghdatis
Henry Winter @henrywinter
#lfc 'Case provides template in which a club's rival can bring about significant ban for a top player without anything beyond an accusation'

Reinaisthebest
3-1-12, 19:01
Wtf @ the timing of this?! Crazy. Should've played tonight and then announced it. Total mishap from the club

CottonWool
By giving in to a decision that the club clearly disagree with, I feel I have been led by the club to support and fight the corner of a person who has been found guilty of racism, and now they abandon the cause, effectively leaving us all as advocators of racism in the views of everyone outside the club.

I really dont care about the games suarez misses. Im more concerned about whether I should support him or not based on whether he is a racist or not. Id rather he be banned for twice as long and the guilt be on the FA than accept suarez's guilt and leave everyone feeling like they walk around with a knife in there back from the club carrying everyone along for a ride and getting off half way.

There is nothing dignified in not appealing and accepting to the FA and the rest of the footballing world that we harbour a player guilty of racism.

RedMammoth
Surprising.

stevie789
i would say lfc has looked at the games he will miss by starting the ban now and thinks the are better off, which is probably the right thing to do if that is the case 3 maybe 4 cup games in there could have been a lot worst. YNWA

Whompy Whomperson

**** off you stupid manc wum :angry:

MerseyMiracles
3-1-12, 19:02
Suarez' reputation will heal. All the people that believe him to be a true racist are far to fickle to hold a grudge for long.

We have still defended him also. Our statement clearly lays out that we accept the ban to get the matter over and done with and not drag our name through the dirt. To appeal to the FA would have been stupid. To take legal action was the only opportunity, and risky at that. We have in no way admitted Suarez is a racist, or the FA's actions.

RedTarw
I for one am totally gutted we are not going to pursue this, i genuinely believe Luis is not a racist in any way shape or form and he has been unfairly punished by a biased, blinkered politically correct bunch of morons. My only hope now is that Luis does not turn around and say so long, i dont need this ****, im off to play in sunny spain! FA = ******* Arseholes.

robertretford

Just because they annihilated you doesn't necessarily mean they will beat us.

Locutus
Good timing to announce it the day the murderers of Stephen Lawrence were found guilty.

rex-hunt
Will it be enough to sue the mirror etc for this?

No didnt think so mud sticks

We've made this statement so we can move on swiftly and with dignity; why would we want to perpetuate this pantomime by entering court again and again? Why would we want to appease idiots? Let's take advantage of the fast-food media and short attention spans - at this rate we will be the only ones making a big deal of this come February.

fowlers2atgrayskull
3-1-12, 19:03
His first game back is at The Toilet.

I can't wait for that game.

-thispilgrim-
I assume this course of action was taken after consulting the legal team and the player himself. I believe Suarez has been done injustice with this whole affair. Despite my personal feelings on the matter,The club has deemed it's time we moved on. However I hope the club keeps eye on future cases to see if they are followed in the same rigorous way that our player was.

notsure007
Don't know what to think or say but in Liverpool we trust. YNWA

andycarrollmylord
So was all this negrito malarky made up and it was actually negro what he called him all along?

MerseyMiracles
3-1-12, 19:04
His first game back is at The Toilet.

I can't wait for that game.

he will be back for spurs. we will beat oldham.

FamousInternationale
The FA are a law unto themselves. You might as well appeal to Dr Doom.

rex-hunt
Good timing to announce it the day the murderers of Stephen Lawrence were found guilty.

I'm not sure quite how this was intended, but there's something in this, yes.

Maxim1

What chance has the poor lad got when even some of our own seem hell bent on chasing him out?.YNWA Suarez,Stay Strong.

TheDarknessIsCalling
Surprising.

Disappointing is the word I'd use.

Maybe should have waited until tomorrow, it could make for a pretty naff day all round if this is capped off with a poor result tonight. Announcing we were going to fight it might have spurred on the lads, this might just have a different impact on them.

OldSniperwolfy96
3-1-12, 19:05
Should have been appealed

RedMammoth
I assume this course of action was taken after consulting the legal team and the player himself. I believe Suarez has been done injustice with this whole affair. Despite my personal feelings on the matter,The club has deemed it's time we moved on. However I hope keeps eye on future cases and to see if they are followed in the same rigorous way that our player was.

I would hope the club would point out when each similar incident occurs.

HeyMacaReina
Why though? They questioned the case almost aggressively, upon viewing the proof they were waiting for havnt acted?

The club look utterly utterly ridiculous now.

Not at all. They showed him support and, whilst ending the process, are still showing him support and saying that they disagree with the decision in the strongest terms they could probably get away with.

Having read the report in full, there are amazingly large holes in the reasoning behind the decision. The charge, however, was loaded and any appeal would likely fail due to the same loaded criteria being applied regardless of innocence or guilt. All that would do is drag this whole episode on and reflect poorly on all parties involved. LFC have done the equivalent of being the bigger man and walking away and for that I applaud them. No apologies are necessary as far as I am concerned.

TsingTao7777
3-1-12, 19:06
We've made this statement so we can move on swiftly and with dignity; why would we want to perpetuate this pantomime by entering court again and again? Why would we want to appease idiots? Let's take advantage of the fast-food media and short attention spans - at this rate we will be the only ones making a big deal of this come February.

Well said Rex reps to you we need to let this go and concentrate on football

LFC-18-5
3-1-12, 19:06
:FP: What the hell Liverpool? This is ridiculous, not appealing will look a lot like the club are admitting guilt, if not, then it looks like we won't fight for what is right and not only open precedents for future false and unsubstantiated accusations but it will seem like the FA can do whatever they want to us. It's been a while since we've been treated unfairly by the FA, and it's about time we stood up to them. This might also tarnish Suarezīs reputation. I completely disapprove the clubs decision, there was no evidence, this had to be overthrown, if not it would only expose once more how biased the FA was, either way we had nothing to lose.

KennyKing
3-1-12, 19:07

You're either a troll or not very smart or maybe both.

He was not found guilty of being racist, take a bit of time and read the report, or a site which condenses it down, but the main outcome is:

Mr Suarez used insulting words towards Mr Evra during the match contrary to FA Rule E3(1);
the insulting words used by Mr Suarez included a reference to Mr Evra's colour within the meaning of Rule E3(2);

No one disagrees that Suarez used the word 'negro'. If you believe Evra he used it in an insulting way, if you believe Suarez then he didn't. The FA found Evra to be more credible.

The FA do not call Suarez racist at any point and even point out the work he has done against racism as one reason they didn't give him a longer ban.

By Evra's own admission he also broke Rule E3(1) but the FA seem to have turned a blind eye to that.

I think you're a troll but I wanted to spell it all out anyway.

AaronSuarez7
3-1-12, 19:08
There wasn't alot we could do here to be honest.
The FA were ADAMANT that they would get "their man", it was obvious from the extensive document they released. There was no way we'd win an appeal, absolutely no way, he would of been handed a longer ban and the club would of been thrown into even more disrepute.

We all know Suarez isn't racist, for Fowlers sake even Evra himself admitted that. It's now a case of how deal without him for the next month. We've played it well in that 4 of the 8 games are cup games and the rest (Aside from tonights) are winnable games without him. To come back for a period when we play Spuds, Bitters, Mancs & Arsenal is absolutely vital.

I know it's a bitter pill to swallow, and I know how frustrating it is that the FA have led a witch-hunt against our club and player, but we've made a decision, and I think it's the sensible one. We need to back our club, back the decision, back Luis and just get on with it. I for one would much prefer this scenario to us appealing, losing and him missing a larger chunk of important games.

We also have the bright side in that in his absence we have the return of arguably one of our greatest ever players in Steven Gerrard.

Don't let this decision darken our season, we've still got so much ahead of us and I have a sneaky feeling it will be Luis who has the last laugh when he returns to destroy the Scum all over again.

**** the FA. **** Patrice Evra.

We are Liverpool and we don't stop for anyone, no matter how dirty the tactics used against us are.

Now lets vent our anger on the Blue side of Manchester!

:clap::clap::clap:
Come on Redmen!

YNWA
:scarf:scarf

skippy1lfc
3-1-12, 19:08
To be fair, the timing is a master-stroke. Man City would have been preparing their team to face Suarez tonight. Also, by not appealing, we could only miss 4 or 5 prem matches. I think all in all it's the best decision but I am gutted for Luis.

LuisGarciasLittleMan
3-1-12, 19:09

You really are a meff are you!!

Question.

I think he shouldnt he should call him a liar and walk past

JoeRice
can suarez sue for defanation ??? this is a joke, why should suarez be made a scape goat, evra should be banned for this farse of events

RedN0!SE
Whatever the decision would've been taken I'd have supported it, I trust everything we stand for.

tress
3-1-12, 19:10
maybe it would of got messy, but we would have at least tried to do something, by backing down it shows that the club believe him to be guilty

No. I think the club and Luis have competent people as advisers and they decided together. We went down this road because an appeal does not guarantee anything. Dragging this on would be pointless and the keeping this out of the media is the best thing to do. They'll now focus on something else, hopefully Terry. Luis will come back stronger and will be in the team against United. I think the facts that he'll be back against the scum and that he'll only miss 3 EPL games were taken into consideration and probably were deciding factors or played a big role in taking the decision.

Don Cumbrian
3-1-12, 19:10

I know it's only early in the year but here is a strong contender for worst post of the year.

Tidus227
3-1-12, 19:11
So a simple accusation can mean anything then?

Does that mean Glen Johnson can call for Wayne Rooney to being Racist?

But the simple fact comes to Old Trafford next month, when Suarez will be back to starting line up and will torture Evra again.

laura6035
3-1-12, 19:12
is negro a racist word or just another foreign word for black?

red haired peolple get abused on football pitches but would you get an 8 game ban for calling someone a giinger b-----d,

descrimination is discrimination after all.

my view is this.

because the word 'racism' is such an 'in' word in football these days and therefore gets alot of press coverage, there is an f.a bigwig that has pushed this case to the maximum in the hope of earning some political brownie points which will help his cause for a promotion when the possition of president of fifa becomes available. (which might not be that long as things stand).

your sincerely

sepp blatter

robertretford
Suarez is in good company. Tommy smith,Shankly,grobelaar were all openly racist.

http://books.google.ie/books?id=yZiQd3UifZoC&pg=PA135&dq=john+barnes+tommy+smith+white&hl=en&sa=X&ei=GFEDT5L9MoO7hAeO2PCnBg&ved=0CDEQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false

Shame Shame Shame.

Are you calling Luis Suarez a racist on a public forum?

Whompy Whomperson
There wasn't alot we could do here to be honest.
The FA were ADAMANT that they would get "their man", it was obvious from the extensive document they released. There was no way we'd win an appeal, absolutely no way, he would of been handed a longer ban and the club would of been thrown into even more disrepute.

We all know Suarez isn't racist, for Fowlers sake even Evra himself admitted that. It's now a case of how deal without him for the next month. We've played it well in that 4 of the 8 games are cup games and the rest (Aside from tonights) are winnable games without him. To come back for a period when we play Spuds, Bitters, Mancs & Arsenal is absolutely vital.

I know it's a bitter pill to swallow, and I know how frustrating it is that the FA have led a witch-hunt against our club and player, but we've made a decision, and I think it's the sensible one. We need to back our club, back the decision, back Luis and just get on with it. I for one would much prefer this scenario to us appealing, losing and him missing a larger chunk of important games.

We also have the bright side in that in his absence we have the return of arguably one of our greatest ever players in Steven Gerrard.

Don't let this decision darken our season, we've still got so much ahead of us and I have a sneaky feeling it will be Luis who has the last laugh when he returns to destroy the Scum all over again.

**** the FA. **** Patrice Evra.

We are Liverpool and we don't stop for anyone, no matter how dirty the tactics used against us are.

Now lets vent our anger on the Blue side of Manchester!

:clap::clap::clap:
Come on Redmen!

YNWA
:scarf:scarf

The FA have said before that a Liverpool appeal is pointless because they wont win it we stand by decisions the and any appeal by Liverpool to the FA will simply result in a 10 game ban for suarez.

fowlers2atgrayskull
"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

TheDarknessIsCalling
3-1-12, 19:15
Question.

I don't think I could, I'd have to say to him "I can't respect you for what you've done and the way you've gone about it. If you knew me, if you understood anything about me, if you spoke to me instead of crying to the media and FA and whiskeynose I could respect you."

Again I think Septic Bladder has a point, had they shaken hands maybe this would have produced the best solution because what has this 'solution' achieved? Eight game ban, who wins there? And BOTH players will have reservations upon which they may act about shaking hands, lack of respect, and Suarez may suffer longer term. Where's the winner there? Is it one step forward in fighting racism? Nope. Has it made the world a better place? Nope.

Only sadacts have got anything out of this, some kind of sick pleasure over the whole thing. There is no winner, only winkers (sp)

Whompy Whomperson
3-1-12, 19:18
I know it's only early in the year but here is a strong contender for worst post of the year.

your the guessing game champion so on this guess I agree :laugh:

Chelsea2scum1
3-1-12, 19:19
Are you calling Luis Suarez a racist on a public forum?

He has used racist language by his own admission like the three I have mentioned.

JoeRice
3-1-12, 19:19
can suarez sue for defanation ??? this is a joke, why should suarez be made a scape goat, evra should be banned for this farse of events

JAZZY
3-1-12, 19:20
The FA have said before that a Liverpool appeal is pointless because they wont win it we stand by decisions the and any appeal by Liverpool to the FA will simply result in a 10 game ban for suarez.

Angry:angry: is the only word i have, i hope the club consulted suarez before they did this otherwise they've bottled it, eitherway suarez is going to be getting abuse about being racist at every ground now....feel for him and his family especially, his grandad's black, he's of mixed heritage himself :sad:.....to me the club should have fought this to the bitter end.

I also don't like the way the club handled this our statement backs suarez but accepts the punishment, if the club think he's guilty admit it, if they think the fa are wrong keep fighting. If it's a culture thing and and lfc are technically the employer could have just taken the blame on the themselves to deflect it from suarez. This conclusion helps no-one but the FA.

suzmark1
It has all been handled rather shabbily, but it's best not to appeal, and get the ban out of the way.

It's clear LFC came to the conclusion that an appeal would likely cause more disruption and drag the sorry affair on for longer.

Those feeling sorry for Suarez need to wake up, it's the fans who lose out by his absence, and I believe he is guilty of the charge. To use the word 'negro' so many times in a short space of time doesn't strike me as being conciliatory, it was antagonistic at best, and at worst shamefully racist. Suarez gave unreliable evidence to try and worm his way out of it.

Some of the idiots on here can blame the FA, Evra or Ferguson if they want, but I blame Suarez. He's disgraced the club and the fans, and with him banned it will have a huge bearing on where we finish this season.

I'm disgusted with him.:angry:

are you serious, did you actually read the report, the fact that he said such word once and not in the context every moron accepts he meant as being racist, its evra who said suarez abused him several times with no proof even his own players could not support him on this just that he was upset in the dressing room(he does have previous) read the report take notes and compare
im angry we didnt appeal and take it further , although I can see why we didnt:angry:

TheDarknessIsCalling
It has all been handled rather shabbily, but it's best not to appeal, and get the ban out of the way.

It's clear LFC came to the conclusion that an appeal would likely cause more disruption and drag the sorry affair on for longer.

You're rather overlooking the psychological impact it could have on him. He might come back the better for it, but he isn't a car or machine not going to be available for weeks being fixed and coming back fully operational, he is human and not happy.

The only way someone would be happy doing six months for a crime is if they actually committed it. If you went to jail for six months for a crime you didn't commit, do you think you'd come out all hunky dory as if nothing happened?

Jamiecarrawillscore
3-1-12, 19:21
Suarez back against tottenham if everything goes well

johnnyhasaponny
3-1-12, 19:21
So it was for us to decide: Should Luis miss against City or United.

I'm someone who likes irony, so i think the decision was right to start the ban now, so that luis first game will be against the uglier mancs.

cambsliver
3-1-12, 19:22
There have been a few people on this thread having a go at the club for not appealing the racist ban. I have been in a similar position with my last job and due to ill health (renal failure) was bullied out and got rid of. The similarity is that a huge organisation unfortunately has powers that when they are determined and stick together can treat people how they want and it is almost impossible to fight against them and Luis is a victim of this with the fa.

The club employs top legal teams and they have probably poured over this 115 page report, or joke as it should be known, and have no doubt felt themselves powerless against a biased, and lets face it, powerful institution. No matter what the club did they would never have won against these pieces of ****** so felt it better to just get the ban over and done with and get Luis back for the spurs game and more importantly for the manc b*****ds game.

When we go to their crappy ground we should all wear Luis Suarez shirts and make sure we support him at all times between now and then.

Luis, the club and all of us know the truth and the fact that evra is allowed to get away with abusing Luis shows anybody with one brain cell how biased the fa is and how so far up the manc ******* bums they are.

We love you Luis. Karma will happen to evra. Just a point - If a white player accused evra of racist abuse would he be banned for 8 games?

YNWA

:angry::angry::angry::angry:

robertretford
He has used racist language by his own admission like the three I have mentioned.

That's not what you wrote initially though is it?

Simo429
Suarez back against tottenham if everything goes well

Play like we have at home on Friday and he might be back for Wolves.

Firepickle
I assume this course of action was taken after consulting the legal team and the player himself. I believe Suarez has been done injustice with this whole affair. Despite my personal feelings on the matter,The club has deemed it's time we moved on. However I hope the club keeps eye on future cases to see if they are followed in the same rigorous way that our player was.

Repped.

Still unsure how Evra's admission to breaking Rule E3(1) didn't lead to a ban and maybe we should have mentioned that but would probably have been seen as petty.

frankly74
I think (I know) all LFC fans don't believe this is happening, especially based on the word of one Mr E.V.R.A. Erroneous Vicious Racism Allegation.:ph34r:
However I am sure the club has carefully assessed the possibilities of a successful appeal, before coming to this decision.
You all know he WILL score in the return game against the mancs.

Whompy Whomperson
3-1-12, 19:23
theres a small silver lining its not much but its not bad either.

the biggest game suarez will miss is tonight's and when we face man utd he will be well rested.

I just hope Liverpool don't start him on the bench against utd that would **** me off more then anything else.

KopEndPies
I don't believe the club statement. Their reason for not appealing is really weak and smells like poo.

LFC-18-5
I'd find it interesting to see Johnson accuse Rooney of calling him the n word after the next game against United and see what the FA do. Same offense, same amount of evidence.

JoeRice
could Suarez sue the FA or Evra for defamation ??? would only be fair

Simo429
3-1-12, 19:24
I don't believe the statement. Their reason for not appealing is really weak and smells like poo.

What is there not to believe?

Simo429
3-1-12, 19:25
could Suarez sue the FA or Evra for defamation ??? would only be fair

Surely he would have a better case against all the papers that led with the headline racist when the report very clearly says that Suarez isn't a racist.

cmsthigg
3-1-12, 19:25
Why appeal on the basis of a misunderstanding if the only result could be a lesser ban and not a full "not guilty" verdict, that would just be like admitting Suarez said what Evra claims. I sincerly hope the club DON'T apologise to Evra, Suarez has done nothing he needs to apologize to that piece of scum for and doing so would be like admitting his guilt.

I think the club done the only thing left open to them by the FA dictatorship - a statement condemning the decision and the FA.

Chelsea2scum1
3-1-12, 19:26
I'd find it interesting to see Johnson accuse Rooney of calling him the n word after the next game against United and see what the FA do. Same offense, same amount of evidence.

Well yes provided rooney admits using the word negro or something similar.

Jamiecarrawillscore
Play like we have at home on Friday and he might be back for Wolves.

how ?
Man city league
Oldham f.a cup [assume win]
Man city league cup
stoke league
Bolton league
TBD F.a cup
Man city league cup
Wolves league

so tottenham ...

unless you are suggesting oldham take us to a replay..which i dont think you are

ripe17
You're rather overlooking the psychological impact it could have on him. He might come back the better for it, but he isn't a car or machine not going to be available for weeks being fixed and coming back fully operational, he is human and not happy.

The only way someone would be happy doing six months for a crime is if they actually committed it. If you went to jail for six months for a crime you didn't commit, do you think you'd come out all hunky dory as if nothing happened?

He should have kept his mouth shut, end of, then there was no chance of his language being construed as racist. He only has himself to blame for the situation he is now in, the FA has to be seen to be 100% against racism of any kind, and Suarez is paying the penalty for that.

And mods, where is my previous message?

Just because it takes a different stance from all the sheep on here doesn't mean you can delete it, it wasn't offensive, it was my opinion.

HeyMacaReina

It would be a more interesting experiment to get Glen to call Rooney Blanco, oh let's say 7 times, and see if he gets an 8-game ban.

3-1-12, 19:27
The right move in my opinion.

At the end of the day Suarez has admitted to using the word "negro" and this is not acceptable in this country. It may be acceptable in Uruguay but Suarez is a resident and worker in this country - and on this note i believe a guilty verdict was correct.

HOWEVER

I do believe the punishment was harsh. The FA themselves say they don't believe Suarez is a racist. They have made an example of him no doubt spurred by the recent Sepp Blatter outburst.

On the plus side:

- Suarez gets a long rest and will hopefully be fit and ready to go for the crucial second third of the season. (Starting with a hat trick at Old Trafford!)
- Andy Carroll get's his chance. Kenny should tell Andy he is going to start the next 8 games no matter what. Knowing that he is not going to be dropped the next game may take some pressure off the lad.

I have a sneaky feeling that Suarez will have the final say on this unbearable saga....by firing the mighty reds back into the champions league.

KopEndPies
theres a small silver lining its not much but its not bad either.

the biggest game suarez will miss is tonight's and when we face man utd he will be well rested.

I just hope Liverpool don't start him on the bench against utd that would **** me off more then anything else.

He will need the rest too, after such a busy summer. He'll come back better than before, Carroll will have more confidence after a long run in the team, and Stevie is back now, and can play in the Suarez role. Not a bad replacement, eh?

Simo429
how ?
Man city league
Oldham f.a cup [assume win]
Man city league cup
stoke league
Bolton league
TBD F.a cup
Man city league cup
Wolves league

so tottenham ...

Because we haven't been playing very well at home and drawing a lot of games, if we draw on Friday we have a replay, not rocket science.

TheDarknessIsCalling
3-1-12, 19:28
Question.

On further reflection I would refuse to play them. I would make a very public statement that I felt I could not play with people who I couldn't respect because they clearly had little or no respect for me, and would support the punishing of an innocent man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wPaCZ7hQKA

That's lifted me a bit

gedzredz
3-1-12, 19:28
I find it strange that having supported Suarez so strongly that we have now decided not to appeal, but maybe it is for the best.

The 8 games will be finished in little over a month and despite how emotive a subject it is today it will be less of an issue as time passes. Evra is known to have previous in these situations so everyone who knows him will have considerable doubts.

Firepickle
3-1-12, 19:29

:laugh:

Would be great if we could. Wouldn't help us but it would surely p*** The FA off.

HeyMacaReina
3-1-12, 19:30
He should have kept his mouth shut, end of, then there was no chance of his language being construed as racist. He only has himself to blame for the situation he is now in, the FA has to be seen to be 100% against racism of any kind, and Suarez is paying the penalty for that.

Just because it takes a different stance from all the sheep on here doesn't mean you can delete it, it wasn't offensive, it was my opinion.

I took offense to it and, by the FA's rules, that makes you guilty.

TheRedsOfRodgers
3-1-12, 19:30
In hindsight its a good move, everyone will want him to come back as strong as ever against United. Im sure he'll be more up for it than ever.

We all still believe you're innocent though Luis, YNWA!

-thispilgrim-
3-1-12, 19:31
Evra despite admitting abusing Suarez walks away scot free.

spyderbird
3-1-12, 19:31
Very unhappy about this. What are the 'bigger issues'? A mans reputation has been sullied for the resat of his life. This isn't like getting caught drunk or something. This kind of stuff never goes away.

A sad day for LFC maybe proving that we have litel away and strength to fight against those in authority - which is what scum have in abundance.

LS - you'll never walk alone...

KopEndPies
3-1-12, 19:32
What is there not to believe?

I think they are not appealing because they have no grounds to appeal, not because of some skewed view on what it means to be progressive and anti-racist. If an innocent man is sent to prison for a murder he did not commit, should appealing the case mean that the people who do so are against punishing murderous or something? It doesn't add up.

FamousInternationale
3-1-12, 19:33
Evra despite admitting abusing Suarez walks away scot free.

Surely we can do something about that? We must be able to...

fowlers2atgrayskull
Because we haven't been playing very well at home and drawing a lot of games, if we draw on Friday we have a replay, not rocket science.

Two replays in the cup would be nice.

CKReds1892
This whole thing has been a bit of a joke, anybody who read that"written reasons" can see what a joke it is

Danny-Booy
should of started him tonite then took him off at half time "injured" that woulda wound them up!

Trajan
Angry:angry: is the only word i have, i hope the club consulted suarez before they did this otherwise they've bottled it, eitherway suarez is going to be getting abuse about being racist at every ground now....feel for him and his family especially, his grandad's black, he's of mixed heritage himself :sad:.....to me the club should have fought this to the bitter end.

I also don't like the way the club handled this our statement backs suarez but accepts the punishment, if the club think he's guilty admit it, if they think the fa are wrong keep fighting. If it's a culture thing and and lfc are technically the employer could have just taken the blame on the themselves to deflect it from suarez. This conclusion helps no-one but the FA.

Agreed! The Club's decision not to appeal/use the Civil Courts shows more pragmatism than principle, I'm sorry to say. Where is the demonstration of YNWA?? (especially since LFC's statement basically rejects the fairness of the FA in this matter)

By the way, I think you're not 100% correct in your view of who has been "helped" by this affair. Yes, the FA is one party; but there are others. MANU has succeeded in damaging a rival's Premiership chances for this season ( Sir A will be delighted, I'm sure) and Evra has escaped any censure or punishment for his role in the altercation. ( The FA implicitly hold him blameless and absolve him of any sins).

I'm disappointed the Club has taken the 'easy' route out of this matter. Supporting an LFC player means action, not just words!

LFC-18-5
3-1-12, 19:34
It would be a more interesting experiment to get Glen to call Rooney Blanco, oh let's say 7 times, and see if he gets an 8-game ban.

It would also be interesting, but involving the FA and Liverpool they actually might.

Chelsea2scum1
3-1-12, 19:34
should of started him tonite then took him off at half time "injured" that woulda wound them up!

:blink: then he would miss an extra game.

Simo429
3-1-12, 19:35

So you've gone from wanting him out of the club to starting him tonight, bi polar you lad.

redondemand
3-1-12, 19:36
I think they are not appealing because they have no grounds to appeal, not because of some skewed view on what it means to be progressive and anti-racist. If an innocent man is sent to prison for a murder he did not commit, should appealing the case mean that the people who do so are against punishing murderous or something? It doesn't add up.

They must have known about the evidences at the time of hearing and if my belief is correct nothing new has come up so why protest against the decision then and not appeal now.I strongly believe the hierarchy of the club may have some say in this and pray for god sake that the decision is made with full support from kenny.We dont want another manager-board disagreement.Once again i may add these may be my pessimistic thoughts taking over and i sincerely hope this not to be the case:sad:

SuarezCharrua
3-1-12, 19:38
As a uruguayan i feel this will not only tarnish luis's reputation but also uruguay's reputation. On the other hand, i understand why the club would not appeal, and im glad this whole issue is over and we can now focus on football!

On a side note, Uruguay play France in July/August. If i was evra i would not even step on the field because EVERY SINGLE URUGUAY PLAYER will kick him off it. Most of the uruguay players have given their opinions on the matter and lets just say they are not happy :nowink:

Lets move on reds, YNWA!:scarf

Enog
Everyone needs to realise that the club would have discussed this with Luis at length before coming to this decision, so it will be a joint decision by both club and player.

I still trust in the club's statement, and I believe that Luis is innocent of the charges against him, but the FA have completely reversed the old adage of "innocent until proven guilty", and just as there is no evidence to prove Evra's accusations, there is no evidence to support Luis's defence. It's a sickening situation to say the least.

I believe it is the right move however, as anything further would simply be dismissed by the FA, and if we took it to the law courts, it would simply damage our reputation further, and not just domestically, as it would reflect badly on any team that tried to take legal action against their domestic FA.

HeyMacaReina
It would also be interesting, but involving the FA and Liverpool they actually might.

The charge would probably read "Using a foreign language in an English tournament." ******s.

fowlers2atgrayskull
3-1-12, 19:39
I'm sure Kenny will have his ways of getting back at those who seek to blacken our name.

oops ! :rolleyes:

trinired
if he is in fact guilty of being rascist,his conscience will have to deal with it.:scarf

LuisGarciasLittleMan
Kenny when interviewed by Sky

There are a lot of things I would like to say about the matter today but I better not

Never a true word spoke by the king

[Red]
3-1-12, 19:40

I tend to agree with the points being made here actually, i am very very confused about this situation, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me as he has been found guilty if they are not contesting the verdict.

I think there are times when you have to stand up and fight against injustice and if Suarez is not guilty then why the **** are we not taking this further?

This talk of supporting the whole cause of anti racism is fine, no one wants to see it in the game, if the player involved is actually guilty then sack him, but Luis is not.

very confused indeed.

FamousInternationale
3-1-12, 19:40
Kenny when interviewed by Sky

There are a lot of things I would like to say about the matter today but I better not

Never a truer word not spoken :happy:

rex-hunt
3-1-12, 19:41

I abhor pedantry, but come on.

LuisGarciasLittleMan
3-1-12, 19:42
Never a truer word not spoken :happy:

I abhor pedantry, but come on.

Well what can he do?

Talk out about the case and receive a charge and be banned as well?

HeyMacaReina
3-1-12, 19:42
. . .

He never called Evra that by Evra's own admission. Either read, and understand, the report in full or stop commenting on something which you appear to have little to no understanding of. It really is embarrassing.

Luises-Finger
3-1-12, 19:43

This is a joke yeah? 100% against racism?

How many minority ethnicity managers and coaches and other officials are there?

Oooh. Wasn't there a report about this recently?

Oooh. What might be a good way to re-establish your credentials with out fixing that problem?

And who are you to call me a sheep?

I read the report. The statement by the club is accurate. Repeat. ACCURATE.

In reposte I call you a sheep for following the 'can't challenge a racist charge' brigade.

FamousInternationale
Well what can he do?

Talk out about the case and receive a charge and be banned as well?

He did the right thing.

Simo429
He never called Evra that by Evra's own admission. Either read, and understand, the report in full or stop commenting on something which you appear to have little to no understanding of. It really is embarrassing.

Change that quote mate, I would expect the poster to get banned don't want you going the same way.

johnnyhasaponny
Seriously.
The Clubs is not appealing, so it's over now.

Stop things like "Johnson should accuse Rooney for calling him the N-word" or something like that.

It's over now, so just let it be. Thinking about these kinds of things is childish and disgraceful. Just because Evra is an idiot, our player don't have to be.

It's time to show class now and don't act like little kids or mancs.
Accept the situation and support your team in every game. This case is over now, lets look ahead. Think about how we could kick their asses on the pitch in a sportive way, not in this disgraceful evra-way.

Acumen
3-1-12, 19:44
I don't think there was any other course of action. It seemed that we were in a lose lose position from the start. My problem is these sorts of accusations are very damning, and unless you have real concrete evidence you shouldn't brand someone a racist. Anyways the F.A have deemed Evra credible which is arguable to the hilt, but this certain words were said and the decision was made. I back Suarez because I don't think he is a racist, but the things that were said do get interpreted differently in Europe and the States, and it will be hard to shed the stigma.

webb68
Some of the language on that Red cafe is disgraceful. Gutter club and totally obsessed with LFC.

trinired
They must have known about the evidences at the time of hearing and if my belief is correct nothing new has come up so why protest against the decision then and not appeal now.I strongly believe the hierarchy of the club may have some say in this and pray for god sake that the decision is made with full support from kenny.We dont want another manager-board disagreement.Once again i may add these may be my pessimistic thoughts taking over and i sincerely hope this not to be the case:sad:

this issue is bigger than most of you realise,the part we have played in social and footballing issues,both in and outside the club is well respected.

appealing this ban,would only obstruct our,international image in a negative way.

garfus
So in theory,a club could field eleven "non white" players,each of them accuses their opposite number of being racist,with no actual proof and get that entire team banned?

The FA have set the precedent,I don't think this will be the last such incident...

jim2403
3-1-12, 19:45
Well, thats that.

We all look like total mugs now.

I don't think so, Liverpool have made it perfectly clear that they understand that the FA will never rescind their conviction so there is no point trying. However this is a bitter pill to swallow and it hurts.
On the other hand when he plays next he WILL score a hatrick and everything is put to bed. And hopefully he will break Evras leg :-).

HeyMacaReina
3-1-12, 19:45
I tend to agree with the points being made here actually, i am very very confused about this situation, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me as he has been found guilty if they are not contesting the verdict.

I think there are times when you have to stand up and fight against injustice and if Suarez is not guilty then why the **** are we not taking this further?

This talk of supporting the whole cause of anti racism is fine, no one wants to see it in the game, if the player involved is actually guilty then sack him, but Luis is not.

very confused indeed.

A loaded charge, with loaded evidence will lead to a loaded appeal leading to an increased ban. This is the lesser of two evils.

Simo429
3-1-12, 19:46
Seriously.
The Clubs is not appealing, so it's over now.

Stop things like "Johnson should accuse Rooney for calling him the N-word" or something like that.

It's over now, so just let it be. Thinking about these kinds of things is childish and disgraceful. Just because Evra is an idiot, our player don't have to be.

It's time to show class now and don't act like little kids or mancs.
Accept the situation and support your team in every game. This case is over now, lets look ahead. Think about how we could kick their asses on the pitch in a sportive way, not in this disgraceful evra-way.

While that is just idiotic the club should pursue the abuse that Suarez recieved from Evra and they should also be suing the papers who have branded him a racist which is contrary to the report.

kop-red
3-1-12, 19:47
The haterd I feel for Fergie and Evra making this bile up is seriously unhealthy. Not to mention the narrow minded masses that will continue to believe it simply because they read it in a manc loving rag.

Fergie feared Luis and this is just how low that old scumbag will stoop. I still believe Fergie is the mastermind of this whole thing.

YNWA Luis

GorDy9
I think a lot of people on this board are missing the point and maybe begin slightly narrow minded about the stature of this club.

We are one of the biggest clubs in the world, and although this hurts we have to think about our image! The longer this goes on the more and more we will get attacked in the media, its easy to say 'letís fight our corner' but we need to be bigger than that, we need to think about 10 years down the line not 8 games down the line. We have defended Suarez as best we can, and we know need to accept it and move on, take the higher ground as it were. We have Suarez for five more years, and to be honest we will probably have him for a lot more. People will obviously be upset that Suarez cannot clear his name, but itís the FA judgement not the whole of the footballs judgement, he will recover from this and so will Liverpool.

For me Iím happy we can move on now, and lets be brutally honest now we now have the upper hand, although we have lost our star striker for 8 games we have now put out a statement that tells people 'you attack our club name again and we now have the power to take you on'. Let me explain, during the case it was easy for people to attack our club 'Liverpool support racism blah blah' and all that trash on the radio and from football players who simply want to pipe up with an opinion on twitter. But we have now done everything asked of us, if anyone now comes out and calls our club 'racist' we can take them to the cleaners and tear their reputation apart.

We have not backed down, we are taking the option that makes us stronger, if we had carried this case on it wouldn't off ended well even if Suarez ban was reduced. 8 games isn't a lot for the amount of game time he will play for us down the years, we have to have faith in our team to move forward and with the January transfer window now open and FA Cup and League Cup games coming up itís not going to damage us as much as our reputation would off over the coming weeks if we hadnít accepted the ban.

We must support the club and Suarez on this matter, no point trying to say 'we backed down' we have a much bigger agenda than that. So letís get behind the team and the club tonight and hopefully get a great result.

-Danny-
Some of the language on that Red cafe is disgraceful. Gutter club and totally obsessed with LFC.

Dont go on it then.

DarkStrike
3-1-12, 19:48
Hate that ****in purple nose, evra and the whole lot even more than what I've hated them before.

Oh yes, and the ****in FA too. :angry:

I'm not impressed with the club's final decision, but I think it's time we try and put this behind us, and walk on.

HeyMacaReina
3-1-12, 19:48
Change that quote mate, I would expect the poster to get banned don't want you going the same way.

Cheers Simo. Realised the contents just after posting and cleaned it up quicker than the FA do with "unwanted" evidence. ;)

BVA
3-1-12, 19:49
If they want to tackle the racism aspect they have a much better chance of success going after the daily mirror, (although I only saw the headline on the back page, and didn't read the article) The mirror said he was racist even though the FA and Evra made a declaration that he wasn't.

go after the Mirror and win that one and that will go a lot further to making a statement than going after the FA.

I doubt he wil though, which is a shame as I think that is a winnable case.

Keep Fit Keep sharp Luis, Man Utd awaits you :ohmy:

Funode
3-1-12, 19:50
Disappointed but then I see where the club is coming from.

Y.N.W.A Luis

webb68
Dont go on it then.

:laugh:

Sorry Danny. I won't look again I promise.

TheDarknessIsCalling
this issue is bigger than most of you realise,the part we have played in social and footballing issues,both in and outside the club is well respected.

appealing this ban,would only obstruct our,international image in a negative way.

Maybe the club should release a version of

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wPaCZ7hQKA

with all proceeds going towards fighting racism, or whatever cause they feel worthy. If that doesn't send out a message then nothing will, says Suarez is innocent while making a contribution to charity/fight racism. Better still, get Evra to name the charity he wants it to go to.

Luises-Finger
3-1-12, 19:57
People think we're backing down?

Have you seen the strength of the statement? How it effectively labels manure and the FA?

People think this is over?

Only if opposition fans make it so. Are they going to lay of Luis?

Are the FA going to start on other clubs with their
Respect Campaign - Mascherano.
Racism Campaign - Suarez.
Disorderly Conduct Campaign - Team.

BTW the disorderly conduct was brought by a referee who was far more severely 'intimidated' during the Newcastle manure game. But it takes a Liverpool team to really intimidate a ref. We can tell by all the decisions we get.

Either we're going through a period of real bad luck or it's a period of something else.

spyderbird
3-1-12, 19:59
I just feel so ********** off with this. Liverpool are lucky I'm not the their player who this has happened to because I would not have taken it. I would have told them to go **** themselves and taken a criminal prosecution against the FA and Evra for slander.

The club suddenly looks very small right now.

BearWithMe
3-1-12, 23:26
Today's Daily Mirror is again disgracefule in there headline 'I called him a negro but I'm not racist' wtf?? He never called him 'a' negro that's not what Suarez admited to, he admited to referring to him as negro HUGE difference. How can the Mirror constantly keep putting words in Suarez mouth and getting away with it!!

He should sue the lot of them for slander while he's got a it of time on his hands

SusoSterling19titles
3-1-12, 23:46
Can i just check, that means he misses all the games up to and including the tottenham game, but it back just in time for the Manchester United game on the 11th of feb?

kopking12345king
3-1-12, 23:46
hope england get destroyed at euros.
corrupt fa deserve no support

-thispilgrim-
4-1-12, 09:17
The lemmings of back page sports still misinforming over it today.

Hamfield
4-1-12, 09:18
Congratulations Luis, Kenny, the squad, the board, etc, for behaving impeccably during this debacle of a trial.

christhered
4-1-12, 09:19

Pot kettle black.

noeyedear
4-1-12, 09:20
Brilliant statement by the club. Falls short of calling the FA a bunch of cheats but that is the implication.

Point I and others made yesterday is that you won't get justice from an organisation like the FA who wouldn't know the truth if it bit them on the a rse.

richie1892
4-1-12, 09:25
whats really ******* me off about this whole thing is why hasnt Evra been charged either after insulting Suarez about being from South America? Is this not a form of racism? It is in the FA report he admits saying it?
Also why havent liverpool put in a complaint about Evra?

jolfc5
4-1-12, 09:30
Well my other half has just walked in with a copy of the star and as soon as i saw the back page headline i told him to bin it, :angry: he didn't so i did, gutter press rubbish, :blink:

holywood
4-1-12, 09:50
I don't believe Suarez to be a racist (neither does Evra), though this whole affair has unfortunately been utilised as the vanguard case for the FA's zero tolerance on racism.

I don't think the punishment is fair, but I don't particularly see the point in an appeal.

We and Suarez are suffering a tidal wave of public / media abuse and it would be best to try and put this unfortunate incident behind us.

It will however, be interesting when Terry is locked up for life...

Funode
4-1-12, 09:54
I don't believe Suarez to be a racist (neither does Evra), though this whole affair has unfortunately been utilised as the vanguard case for the FA's zero tolerance on racism.

I don't think the punishment is fair, but I don't particularly see the point in an appeal.

We and Suarez are suffering a tidal wave of public / media abuse and it would be best to try and put this unfortunate incident behind us.

Just waiting for the Fa to act once the court case is done. Funny how Terry is innocent until proven guilty in the eyes of the media and he is a hero for putting this behind him and "performing on the pitch".

I don't understand how the general public can't see such blatant hypocrisy, I guess Suarez is not your average Joe Blogg and doesn't have the english passion.

****** joke.

noeyedear
4-1-12, 09:56

But it may well rumble on if the FA take a dim view of the LFC statement. Could possibly hit us with a disrepute charge.

I personally noticed that during his pre-match interview before last nights game,Kenny wasn't wearing a tie....that's a 5 match ban for a start..

christonabendybus
4-1-12, 09:58

That's interesting because I would have said if the FA truly believe in their judgements then Suarez did say something racist and he should have been banned for the rest of the season. That, to me, is a much stronger statement than just 8 matches.

Because of the Carling Cup and the FA Cup matches, we're done with 8 matches in less than 2 months. That's just a tiny bit inconvenient for us because he is our best striker. If... I don't know... maybe Poulsen if he was still here was caught saying '******* black ****' on Sky cameras and got banned for 8 matches, I doubt this much fuss would have been created because we're fine without him. Better, actually...

judgedred
4-1-12, 09:59
if he is in fact guilty of being rascist,his conscience will have to deal with it.:scarf

well said. read a quote from his mum the other day bascially saying that god is the real judge at the end of the day. im a strong believer in that. forget the fa and its corruption. all he needs are his fans family and friends.

also i got a lot of stick for when i said we shouldnt appeal, looks like i was the one in the right. #justsaying

Red-in-heart
4-1-12, 10:00
England, is disgrace of a country!!!!!!!!!!!!:angry:
FA, World most corrupted Organization. 100 times corrupted then FIFA.:angry:

How could you ban a player due to accusation of a proven liar!!!!!!!! where is the justice?????? I just wish England will pay for this in international level:angry:

Uruguay should take notice of this & complain to CONMEBOL (Fedaration of South American Nation). they should tell suarez was unfairly treated................. example was Terry. for God sake, Rooney is proven violent player than luis.:ohmy:
CONMEBOL should ban England for WC, which will be held in Brazil 2014. They also threat Frace to ban unless they drop Lair Evra. Uruguay should complain to FIFA before WC 14 that FA was racially abuse them by saying south american!!!!!!!

as accusation means you will be banned without evidence so FA will be banned for 8 games. therefore, England will be out of WC:nowink::nowink:

noeyedear
4-1-12, 10:03
That's interesting because I would have said if the FA truly believe in their judgements then Suarez did say something racist and he should have been banned for the rest of the season. That, to me, is a much stronger statement than just 8 matches.

Because of the Carling Cup and the FA Cup matches, we're done with 8 matches in less than 2 months. That's just a tiny bit inconvenient for us because he is our best striker. If... I don't know... maybe Poulsen if he was still here was caught saying '******* black ****' on Sky cameras and got banned for 8 matches, I doubt this much fuss would have been created because we're fine without him. Better, actually...

That's actually very disrespectfull to the club if not quite insulting. I think LFC would back ANY player accused under any of the FA rules if they thought they were innocent.

fowlers2atgrayskull
4-1-12, 10:05
Henry Winter is a horrible man.

Funode
4-1-12, 10:07

The british media is full of horrible people.

judgedred

oh no mate! what happened?! explain...

irishdanny
to be honest, i dont think the club has handled this very well. we should of kept i all behind closed doors, we`ve made a real mess of it.

noeyedear
4-1-12, 10:09

The John Terry issue will depend on the outcome of his court case.

noeyedear
4-1-12, 10:11
to be honest, i dont think the club has handled this very well. we should of kept i all behind closed doors, we`ve made a real mess of it.

Close to being the worst post I've read concerning the whole issue.