PDA

View Full Version : Bin Dippers.....?!

-Red-Dragon-
5-7-12, 15:18
Just been browsing the spurs forum to see their view on the Gylfi signing and they are referring to us as "bin dippers". Cheeky southern tw@'s.

I have seen us being called this same thing before on Newcastle's forum, while doing similar research following their sale of Carroll to us.

Have any of you heard of this nick name we have before? Why are they calling us this? Is it bacause we've bought a lot of "bargain bin" signings in recent years? Or is it something else?

Do you think all other teams supporters call us this (like everyone calles united the scum)?
I have personally never heard this before from an opposing fan face to face, but on the net it appears to be common.

TheBuckStopsWithRodgers
5-7-12, 15:19
Just been browsing the spurs forum to see their view on the Gylfi signing and they are referring to us as "bin dippers". Cheeky southern tw@'s.

I have seen us being called this same thing before on Newcastle's forum, while doing similar research following their sale of Carroll to us.

Have any of you heard of this nick name we have before? Why are they calling us this? Is it bacause we've bought a lot of "bargain bin" signings in recent years? Or is it something else?

Do you think all other teams supporters call us this (like everyone calles united the scum)?
I have personally never heard this before from an opposing fan face to face, but on the net it appears to be common.

Basically saying scousers are pikeys and tramps, who dip into peoples bins.

EssexTony
5-7-12, 15:20
Bin Dippers...tramps, skint....

EssexTony
5-7-12, 15:21
Basically saying scousers are pikeys and tramps, who dip into peoples bins.

I think it's more to do with the fact we're skint so dipping through bins to keep our heads above water!

rayvonuk
5-7-12, 15:22
I think its just a tramp thing as well,
Nothing new either that, sometimes its just a bit of banter, I was called bin dipper once in the 90s at loftus road, dont take it to heart and try to think of an appropriate response if it happens to you !

jbyr
5-7-12, 15:22
Wouldn't mean anything to you because you're nothing to do with the city-or the club.

TheBootRoom
5-7-12, 15:31
Bin dippers refers to the wrongful idea that scousers are out of work/thieves/tramps etc..... i.e Dipping in bins for food/clothes etc

They sing "You`ll Never get a job.....sign on, sign on" also

Mainly sung by The Mancs (who ironically have a higher rate of poverty, crime and unemployment than Liverpool)

-Red-Dragon-
5-7-12, 15:32
Wouldn't mean anything to you because you're nothing to do with the city-or the club.

What's that supposed to mean?
I've supported this club my whole life, my father and everyone on his side of the family are born and bred in Liverpool. The majority of my family sill live in the city. I live about 25 miles from anfield.

You have an attitude problem.

Arcee
5-7-12, 15:36
Hmmm that's a strange one coming from supporters of the club who only approached Sigurdsson after we approached him, as well as trying to nick Adam in the January Transfer Window.....again AFTER we showed our interest in him.

Pot & Kettle spring to mind.

rayvonuk
5-7-12, 15:37
I've supported this club my whole life, my father and everyone on his side of the family are born and bred in Liverpool. The majority of my family sill live in the city. I live about 25 miles from anfield.

Ignore him, he is a very miserable chap.

tweepie
5-7-12, 15:39
It's a derogatory nickname for people from Liverpool, basically alluding to the stereotype that they are poor/jobless etc o they have to survive by 'dipping' into bins.

I'm surprised you didn't know this already seeing as you say you have family from Liverpool but each to their own I suppose.

I'm going to lock this thread however, as judging by some of the comments in here, it's only going to end badly.
No offence to the OP, but I don't really think a thread entitled 'Bin Dippers' should be appearing on a Liverpool forum!
:)

jbyr
5-7-12, 15:39

Wool