PDA

View Full Version : Sky Sports Bias

Sharper
23-5-08, 13:43
As we all know, we Liverpool supporters generally feel (probably because of Andy Gray) that many at Sky have a bias against Liverpool... Well I've been working with Alan Parry recently, and I can confirm that he is one of us.

So the next time you're watching one of our games and Mr Parry is commentating, it will be good to know that the bias is swinging in our direction.

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
23-5-08, 13:44
I have been sayng for some time that Parry is a red.

And Sky are not biased against us.

dantd
23-5-08, 13:47
I have been sayng for some time that Parry is a red.

And Sky are not biased against us.

No where near as much as ITV are. I still remember the "commentary" during the Arsenal game. The most biased one sided piece of crap I have ever had to endure :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
23-5-08, 13:48
No where near as much as ITV are. I still remember the "commentary" during the Arsenal game. The most biased one sided piece of crap I have ever had to endure :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

ITV are not biased against us. Sky are not biased against us. The media is not biased against us. Nobody is biased against us. Nobody.

Sharper
23-5-08, 13:50
Everton are!

Dublin24
23-5-08, 13:53
Agreed I dont think commentators are biased against us. Andy Gray usually just voices his opinions on zonal marking and rotation which are opinions he is entitled to. However if he was happy to see us lose he wouldnt really comment on it would he?

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
23-5-08, 13:54
Agreed I dont think commentators are biased against us. Andy Gray usually just voices his opinions on zonal marking and rotation which are opinions he is entitled to. However if he was happy to see us lose he wouldnt really comment on it would he?

Andy Gray is biased against us, but one person from a corporation doesn't count.

RallyingTheReds
23-5-08, 13:54
Richard Keys?

Dublin24
23-5-08, 13:55
Higgs your entitled to your opinion but i just dont see it personally. Just because he played for the Toffes doesnt mean he hates Liverpool.

hold51
23-5-08, 13:56
Alan Parry is a red but also was or is a director on the wycombe board, i know he was when oneil was manager!;)

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
23-5-08, 13:56
Richard Keys?

Richard Keys just knows nothing about football. He makes misinformed comments on all sides.

Sharper
23-5-08, 13:57
Yes he still is a Director of Wycombe.

WindyShepherdHenderson
23-5-08, 13:57
I actually don't mind Tyldesley...

Ayub
23-5-08, 14:11
For me the whole media has been biased against us ever since whisky nose got the ball rolloing at Old Toilet.

Its like the whole of PL is Manure and everthing else is a side show.Sir Bob won more in 9 years and it took whisky nose nearly 22 years to get close to what Sir Bob achieved.

It took Whisky nose 22 years to win Two CL, yet it took Sir Bob 9 years to win three and it took Rafa just 1 year!!!

Old Whiskey nose is knighted fro winnin the trebble and Bob Charlton for "services to football" My a**e!

So no one from LFC deserved the Knighthood for serivces to football! Well how abut Ronnie Moran - stayedloyal to the club for almost 50 years workign with the players (not sitting on Board of Directors as Bobby Charlton)

How aboutKing Kenny for winning the Double in his first year and the way he conducted himself and re-presented LFC in the aftermath of the Hillsborough disaster!

Makes me sick

flabby
23-5-08, 14:12
I actually don't mind Tyldesley...

top man him.

knows Liverpool properly

anyone who thinks he's bias against us - just watch the Istanbul DVD

Sendrien
23-5-08, 14:16
Andy Gray is biased against us, but one person from a corporation doesn't count.

Gray may be biased against us, but he's certainly very pro-Gerrard. :D

Luckyman13
23-5-08, 14:19
So no one from LFC deserved the Knighthood for serivces to football! Well how abut Ronnie Moran - stayedloyal to the club for almost 50 years workign with the players (not sitting on Board of Directors as Bobby Charlton)

How aboutKing Kenny for winning the Double in his first year and the way he conducted himself and re-presented LFC in the aftermath of the Hillsborough disaster!

Makes me sick

100% agree! If Slur Alex takes off Ronaldo or Rooney in a game it's called a tactical substitution and praised by Grey! If Rafa takes off Torres or Gerrard, Grey calls for Rafa's head! Grey may not be anti Liverpool(I think he is)...but he's very very pro Manure!!!!!

lfc-jacko9366
23-5-08, 14:39
100% agree! If Slur Alex takes off Ronaldo or Rooney in a game it's called a tactical substitution and praised by Grey! If Rafa takes off Torres or Gerrard, Grey calls for Rafa's head! Grey may not be anti Liverpool(I think he is)...but he's very very pro Manure!!!!!

if rafa takes off torres or gerrard 50% of the people on HERE call for rafas head

lfc-jacko9366
23-5-08, 14:41
i would imagine though that most scummy, chavy, arsie supporters feel the same when hansen and sometimes souness, talk about us

TheVulture
23-5-08, 14:45
Sky are not biased against Liverpool clowns. Do you sunshiners only get views off sunshiners on these boards ffs?? The minute anyone says poor Rafa is not doing a good job in the league they are biased lol. :finger:

jarkop1
23-5-08, 14:49
It depends who you replace Torres or gerrard with when taking them off IE if you took gerrard off and brought Torres on or vise versa no complaints, I understood what gray was on about when he critisised Rafa for taking Torres off to be honest. I don't think they are biassed just giving an opinion.

19-UNDER-[B-ROD]
23-5-08, 14:51
ITV are not biased against us. Sky are not biased against us. The media is not biased against us. Nobody is biased against us. Nobody.

Even if they are, who cares?

Sunraged
23-5-08, 15:38
If bias is a euphemism for being plain stupid, then yes, I believe Andy Gray is biased.

bionicboot
23-5-08, 16:02
For Christ's sake, how many times do I have to point it out to you morons.

All of our media is biased TOWARDS the Scum because they have a British manager in charge.

That means we, the Arse and the Chavs, all suffer equally. It's why "Big Sam", "King Kev" and the rest of the managerial no-marks who happen to be British get treated with affection by the media, while Rafa, Wenger and Grant get treated with contempt. It's why Grant was told by an FA insider that the powers that be will do anything to make sure that the Scum win the Prem.

Purple Nose is the last straw they can cling to regarding success at "our own" game. It's called xenophobia folks, and it's never pretty.

Bobkid
23-5-08, 16:33
i quite like ITVs commentry and coverage

BadgersAnonymous
23-5-08, 16:50
If Rafa takes off Gerrard or Torres we have little quality to replace them with. If fergie takes off quality he replaces them with quality. That is perhaps the difference. He brings Tevez on. We bring Vorro on.

BigRedOne1
23-5-08, 16:51

WTF are you then? Murdoch's Press Agent?:rolleyes:

It's quite well known that Parry is a red but as for Sky; like Murdochs Papers it's journalistically in the gutter and bases its stories on stereotypes and sensationalism. A 'foreign' manager like Rafa is fair game for them so they'll attack his rotation and Zonal marking when its perceived to fail and ignore it when it succeeds. Of course when old whiskey nose rotates its 'resting players' and totally justified.

So you can see the glee in Richard Keys' eyes when he thinks we're doing badly as it fits into their pi$$ poor take on the premiership. Sky is total poo poo but unfortunately informs many of the posts on here.

PS For a Blue Nose Andy Grey gives us reasonable coverage but like most ex players can't get his head around rotation because professional players want to play every game whether its better for the team or not.

HICKS OUT!:finger:

BadgersAnonymous
23-5-08, 16:53
Parry is well known to be a red. He also doesn't hold back in slating us, maybe that is why people are surprised when they find out :D

slimman
23-5-08, 17:02
For Christ's sake, how many times do I have to point it out to you morons.

All of our media is biased TOWARDS the Scum because they have a British manager in charge.

That means we, the Arse and the Chavs, all suffer equally. It's why "Big Sam", "King Kev" and the rest of the managerial no-marks who happen to be British get treated with affection by the media, while Rafa, Wenger and Grant get treated with contempt. It's why Grant was told by an FA insider that the powers that be will do anything to make sure that the Scum win the Prem.

Purple Nose is the last straw they can cling to regarding success at "our own" game. It's called xenophobia folks, and it's never pretty.

for me, that's absolutely spot on

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
23-5-08, 17:32
WTF are you then? Murdoch's Press Agent?:rolleyes:

It's quite well known that Parry is a red but as for Sky; like Murdochs Papers it's journalistically in the gutter and bases its stories on stereotypes and sensationalism. A 'foreign' manager like Rafa is fair game for them so they'll attack his rotation and Zonal marking when its perceived to fail and ignore it when it succeeds. Of course when old whiskey nose rotates its 'resting players' and totally justified.

So you can see the glee in Richard Keys' eyes when he thinks we're doing badly as it fits into their pi$$ poor take on the premiership. Sky is total poo poo but unfortunately informs many of the posts on here.

PS For a Blue Nose Andy Grey gives us reasonable coverage but like most ex players can't get his head around rotation because professional players want to play every game whether its better for the team or not.

So you believe that Murdoch's employees recieve instructions to be biased against Liverpool?

CUCKOO CUCKOO!

BigRedOne1
23-5-08, 17:48
So you believe that Murdoch's employees recieve instructions to be biased against Liverpool?

CUCKOO CUCKOO!

OH FFS talk about proving my point about the ignorant nobs who post on here:rolleyes: First of all read my post and try and understand my point. I actually agree with most of what Bionicboot has to say on the matter for a change:eek: It's mainly xenophobia with Sky but the fact that many Liverpool supporters are anti Murdoch is not forgotten

Secondly checkout the award winning Documentary OutFoxed its explains exactly how Murdoch's journalists toe the line. They don't often have to be told outright what to say as they understand that if they're not 'on message' they won't move up the ladder and probably won't be working there too long. Try and educate yourself before becoming a mouthpiece for Murdoch on a Liverpool FC forum;)

TheVulture
23-5-08, 17:56

CUCKOO CUCKOO!

rofl :D

foreverscouser
23-5-08, 18:03

Not sure about biased.. but if i heard them mention that late Thomas goal in 89 once !!!!!

They forget when banging on about that goal that it came in the year of Hillsborough when we had to play a lot of late games, and an FA cup final before that game was played the Wed after ...if memory serves me right

BigRedOne1
23-5-08, 18:03
rofl :D

I rest my case.

bionicboot
23-5-08, 18:16
BRO
Good to see you coming round to my way of thinking, mate. :D

Okay, Higgy, or whatever your name is, listen up.
No Murdoch doesn't hand out a set of rules that says "These are the people we like, and these are the ones we don't". Though if you worked for him he probably would have to.

It works on the basis of what can be described as the culture of a corporation.

The BBC, for example, are generally left of centre and so PC they trip over themselves to offend nobody that can even vaguely be considered a member of a minority grouping. There's a sort of unspoken league table with, if I remember rightly, one-legged, mixed-race lesbians at the top. At the bottom is white van man.
If you start to work there, you soon learn that either you toe the line and fit with the prevailing culture, or your promising media career at the BBC is going to extend no further than making tea for camera men and sound engineers.

Now Murdoch's empire has a different culture: right wing, xenophobic, anti-royalty (that's the aussie in him), and try to offend at every possible opportunity minority groupings. As at the BBC, you either fit with that or do one.
It may have escaped your notice, but we have a foreign manager. The ants at the Murdoch empire therefore do not need to be told "Rafa bad, Fergie good" it is in the DNA of the organisation they labour for.

Do you understand now, pea brain?

BigRedOne1
23-5-08, 18:26
BRO

No Murdoch doesn't hand out a set of rules that says "These are the people we like, and these are the ones we don't". Though if you worked for him he probably would have to.

The BBC, for example, are generally left of centre and so PC they trip over themselves to offend nobody that can even vaguely be considered a member of a minority grouping. There's a sort of unspoken league table with, if I remember rightly, one-legged, mixed-race lesbians at the top. At the bottom is white van man.
If you start to work there, you soon learn that either you toe the line and fit with the prevailing culture, or your promising media career at the BBC is going to extend no further than making tea for camera men and sound engineers.

Now Murdoch's empire has a different culture: right wing, xenophobic, anti-royalty (that's the aussie in him), and try to offend at every possible opportunity minority groupings. As at the BBC, you either fit with that or do one.
It may have escaped your notice, but we have a foreign manager. The ants at the Murdoch empire therefore do not need to be told "Rafa bad, Fergie good" it is in the DNA of the organisation they labour for.

Scarily enough can't really argue with that:eek:;) although it's going to go whooshing over the heads of your average glory hunter on here:D

jamiechloe
23-5-08, 18:34
Thought everyone knew Parry was a red..Just like everyone knows Alan Green is a red as well but i cant say i go along with this bias thing...When Liverpool was top of the world 20-30 years ago ..all the media used to love us apart from 1 obviously..supporters used to hate us coz we won everything..why do people care if we are hated or not

LLS
23-5-08, 18:38
I agree there is no bias against us, but there is a definate media bias in favour of Man Utd.

And as BigRedOne has accurately pointed out, it is all down to Rupert Murdoch. The man IS the most powerful man in England. In fact the first thing Tony Blair did when he was elected, was to meet Rupert Murdoch.

The man owns the S*n, The Times (ie. glorified S*n for people who like to think they are smart), BSkyB, Fox network. He has a lot of power. How else can you explain the frontpage headline "Utd win game of the century"?

And this may sound outrageous, but when Man Utd have controversial decisions when Sky are covering the match, you will rarely see replays. It was pointed out to me by someone a year back, and over this season they have been spot on.

And as for us, no bias against us, just lazy, idiotic journalism. Although I'm not entirely sure they can be complete Mcnulty type idiots, they are smart guys and the more they wind us up, the more coverage they get.

bionicboot
23-5-08, 18:41
BRO

I seriously believe that all but a few on here - the few including you and me of course - are now children and/or "slow learners". The level of debate, the level of subjects raised for debate FFS, is atrocious.

It's like being back at school, a bad school.

BigRedOne1
23-5-08, 18:51
Thought everyone knew Parry was a red..Just like everyone knows Alan Green is a red as well but i cant say i go along with this bias thing...When Liverpool was top of the world 20-30 years ago ..all the media used to love us apart from 1 obviously..supporters used to hate us coz we won everything..why do people care if we are hated or not

Actually mate a lot of the Manchester bases press was gagging for the Mancs to 'knock us of our perch' and used to drool at the thought every time we had a bad start to the season with headlines like " It's Your Season Ron" the year Ron Atkinson managed to come 4th in a 2 horse race:)

As to being hated we certainly weren't hated in the same way as the Scum and the Chavs. In fact we tended to receive a lot of respect from other fans as we had a bit of class.

BigRedOne1
23-5-08, 19:11
BRO

I seriously believe that all but a few on here - the few including you and me of course - are now children and/or "slow learners". The level of debate, the level of subjects raised for debate FFS, is atrocious.

Indeed

Rusty44
23-5-08, 19:15
As we all know, we Liverpool supporters generally feel (probably because of Andy Gray) that many at Sky have a bias against Liverpool... Well I've been working with Alan Parry recently, and I can confirm that he is one of us.

So the next time you're watching one of our games and Mr Parry is commentating, it will be good to know that the bias is swinging in our direction.

It was well documented many Years ago that Alan Parry was a Red, and also a BIG Wycombe fan

cookpassbabtridge
23-5-08, 19:21
It isnt a bias against Liverpool its a bias against Benitez the wacky Spaniard with his crazy zonal marking and his "rotation" policy (ignore the fact Taggert does it more and Pompey defend in zones)

Sky and the media arent a big fan of Johnny Forigner making a success of themselves in England.

As for Andy Gray i dont think he means it he is just a ball bag who struggles to show he isn't the biggest of Liverpool/Rafa fans. When we played the derby at goodison McFaggen was warming up and Andy Gray was justifying Faggys bench spot saying he had a hard away international game midweek and would be tired only for two minutes later lambast Rafas rotation policy.

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
23-5-08, 19:38
BRO

Care to compare qualifications?

bionicboot
23-5-08, 19:45
Higgy, don't be so stupid.
I hold professorships at 14 different universities. Though I must admit, 2 of them are only honourary.

Now you be as honest as me about your qualifications: no cheating now. :rolleyes:

God, you really are a pea brain. :D

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
23-5-08, 19:46
Higgy, don't be so stupid.
I hold professorships at 14 different universities. Though I must admit, 2 of them are only honourary.

Rubbish:D

-Gerard-
23-5-08, 19:49
I think it's paranoia.
Just an opinion.

:D

BigRedOne1
23-5-08, 19:51

You shouldn't need to tell people you're educated it should be obvious from the content of your posts.

Your posts tell me that your gold star for reading and writing and silver star for sums maybe not be enough to get you by in the real world.

PS Why not answer the points made rather than acting like you're in the playground and proving Bionic's point;)

-Gerard-
23-5-08, 19:55
God, you really are a pea brain. :D

You shouldn't need to tell people you're educated it should be obvious from the content of your posts.

Sorry, couldn't resist :D:D

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
23-5-08, 19:57

Your posts tell me that your gold star for reading and writing and silver star for sums maybe not be enough to get you by in the real world.

PS Why not answer the points made rather than acting like you're in the playground and proving Bionic's point;)

Ok, ok. Maybe Bionic's boff'ness puts my solitary university degree to shame. :rolleyes:

My original "Cuckoo" comment was not necessarily aimed at him or you in particular, but the many delusionists on here that believe the world and his dog are somehow conspiring to dent our hopes of glory.

Answer me this - why?

The mancs recieve lots of positive press for a reason - they're the best.

We recieve plenty of negative press for a reason - we're not.

Simple really.

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
23-5-08, 19:59

The content of my posts can't be too bad, as i have more rep than the two of you put together. :p:D

cookpassbabtridge
23-5-08, 20:00
Higgster was more made of our win against Havant and waterlooville than BOTH of the mancs draws against Boston and Exeter respectivley?

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
23-5-08, 20:02
Higgster was more made of our win against Havant and waterlooville than BOTH of the mancs draws against Boston and Exeter respectivley?

Becuase it was a better story. Magic of the cup and all that.

BigRedOne1
23-5-08, 20:02
The content of my posts can't be too bad, as i have more rep than the two of you put together. :p:D

Oh dear rep:rolleyes: how :cool: are you. Keep diggin son, keep diggin;)

cookpassbabtridge
23-5-08, 20:04
If its the quality of the players rotated which is why Ferguson gets away with rotating player more why does it not get mentioned why is down to the crazy rotation system it works perfectly well for Ferguson.

Is more made of our draw against Pompey without Torres than Man Uniteds two or three was it defeats without Ronaldo (note you cant use the facts of they won as it at the time arsenal were p issing the league)

cookpassbabtridge
23-5-08, 20:05
Becuase it was a better story. Magic of the cup and all that.

Magic of the cup Exeter getting a replay Boston replicating them can you get a better story

But your right after a slow start Liverpool pounding Havanat is a better story

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
23-5-08, 20:05
Oh dear rep:rolleyes: how :cool: are you. Keep diggin son, keep diggin;)

Did you not see the :p:D?

I am jesting you pompus prat.

Have you just come on here looking for an arguement with one of us 'lesser' types or what?! :)

BigRedOne1
23-5-08, 20:07
Ok, ok. Maybe Bionic's boff'ness puts my solitary university degree to shame. :rolleyes:

My original "Cuckoo" comment was not necessarily aimed at him or you in particular, but the many delusionists on here that believe the world and his dog are somehow conspiring to dent our hopes of glory.

Answer me this - why?

Simple really.

Your naivety is quite cute but I do worry about you walking the streets on your own. Please please always tell Mummy where you're going when you play out and never buy any magic beans;)

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
23-5-08, 20:07
Magic of the cup Exeter getting a replay Boston replicating them can you get a better story

But your right after a slow start Liverpool pounding Havanat is a better story

Both much bigger clubs than Havant though aren't they. Didn't take the lead twice did they.

TheVulture
23-5-08, 20:08

Answer me this - why?

Simple really.

Well said.

cookpassbabtridge
23-5-08, 20:09
Both much bigger clubs than Havant though aren't they. Didn't take the lead twice did they.

Both were conference clubs at the end of the day

Also a 1-0 defeat to Burnley same season had one of the daily rags morph a picture of the current La Liga and UEFA champion into a picture of Benny Hill

hairybloke
23-5-08, 20:14
Well said.

Well according to you Fergie's a better manager than sir Bob which pretty much invalidates your opinion on all things related to football. Anyway, don't you have a few tables to wipe down?

dookar
23-5-08, 20:15
BRO

To whom must a person be foreign in order to warrant Murdoch's ire? Ferguson is no more a compatriot of his than Benitez

BigRedOne1
23-5-08, 20:15
I'm off but enjoying a warm fuzzy feeling knowing that I've done my social duty in trying to educate a few of the poor unfortunates that infest the boards;):p

BigRedOne1
23-5-08, 20:16
Well according to you Fergie's a better manager than sir Bob which pretty much invalidates your opinion on all things related to football. Anyway, don't you have a few tables to wipe down?

:)

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
23-5-08, 20:16
I'm off but enjoying a warm fuzzy feeling knowing that I've done my social duty in trying to educate a few of the poor unfortunates that infest the boards;):p

Proper bell cheese. :finger:

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
23-5-08, 20:17
To whom must a person be foreign in order to warrant Murdoch's ire? Ferguson is no more a compatriot of his than Benitez

Exactly. And that would make them anti-many clubs, not just us. But no, they are all against us, they watch us through the tv, they read my post, my dog is working for them - !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheVulture
23-5-08, 20:19

yup. Fergie is the best manager I have ever seen and since I am watching Liverpool since the 1986 cup final against Everton.. hmmm I wonder why I picked him. Should I have picked Souness or Evans? ******* **** :finger: Just cause I think Fergie is best manager i have seen does that make me any less a Liverpool fan?? If you bought a team tomorrow in the premiership you'd pick Evans over Fergie cause you support Liverpool? Clown. Dont you need to shave your back? :finger:

hairybloke
23-5-08, 20:19

He's not selling to Aussies/Americans here though is he, it's the English/British populace that's his Taggart ( :o sorry I couldn't resist) audience.

cookpassbabtridge
23-5-08, 20:20
Exactly. And that would make them anti-many clubs, not just us. But no, they are all against us, they watch us through the tv, they read my post, my dog is working for them - DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the jist of mine and many others posts is that is not a Liverpool bias its they would rather it was British. how does Fergie rest and Benitez medals and rotates?

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
23-5-08, 20:21
I think the jist of mine and many others posts is that is not a Liverpool bias its they would rather it was British. how does Fergie rest and Benitez medals and rotates?

I think it's more to do with stupidity than bias, i really do.

cookpassbabtridge
23-5-08, 20:24
How come we have never heard of Pompeys crazy zonal marking system?

If Man u would of lost that title on the last day it would of been because of Fergies ridiculous team changes no doubt about it the Chelsea game and the Bolton earlier in the season sticking out in my mind you wont read that though you never read it when he did it so they wouldnt write it in analysis

dookar
23-5-08, 20:25
He's not selling to Aussies/Americans here though is he, it's the English/British populace that's his Taggart ( :o sorry I couldn't resist) audience.

That's not relevant. The point being made is that it is a direct result of Murdoch's xenophobia - not his pandering to his target audience.

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
23-5-08, 20:26
How come we have never heard of Pompeys crazy zonal marking system?

If Man u would of lost that title on the last day it would of been because of Fergies ridiculous team changes no doubt about it the Chelsea game and the Bolton earlier in the season sticking out in my mind you wont read that though you never read it when he did it so they wouldnt write it in analysis

A. Because they are not high profile.

B. But they didn't did they? They won it. They won it all. If is the middle word in life. ;)

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
23-5-08, 20:27
That's not relevant. The point being made is that it is a direct result of Murdoch's xenophobia - not his pandering to his target audience.

You're doing better than me Dooks - i hand the batton to you.

cookpassbabtridge
23-5-08, 20:28
A. Because they are not high profile.

B. But they didn't did they? They won it. They won it all. If is the middle word in life. ;)

When Bolton beat them Arsenal were running away with the league i never heard his rotation policy get a pounding though did you?

dookar
23-5-08, 20:29
You're doing better than me Dooks - i hand the batton to you.

Oh no, please don;t leave me to the mercies of the combined intellectual might of BionicBoot and Bro.

Whatever will I do :rolleyes:

hairybloke
23-5-08, 20:30
yup. Fergie is the best manager I have ever seen and since I am watching Liverpool since the 1986 cup final against Everton..

Is not quite the same as

Greatest Manager of all time for me Fergie is

Now is it? :rolleyes:

Dont you need to shave your back?

I wouldn't wish to invalidate my name :p

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
23-5-08, 20:30
When Bolton beat them Arsenal were running away with the league i never heard his rotation policy get a pounding though did you?

When Bolton beat Arsenal? Which season do you speak of?

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
23-5-08, 20:31
Oh no, please don;t leave me to the mercies of the combined intellectual might of BionicBoot and Bro.

Whatever will I do :rolleyes:

They will Trivial Pursuit your arse!

dookar
23-5-08, 20:32
I don;t think he means Arsenal:

When Bolton beat them, Arsenal ......

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
23-5-08, 20:33
I don;t think he means Arsenal:

When Bolton beat them, Arsenal ......

Oh, i see. Doh! :o:p

But again, it's the final table that counts.

cookpassbabtridge
23-5-08, 20:34
When Bolton beat Arsenal? Which season do you speak of?

When Bolton beat United due to ridiculous rotatation by Ferguson ;)

Arsenal were running away with the league

If it was Arsenal the media would of peddled the weak Arsenal cant hack it up north bull ***** were as Fergie its just a mishap for sure

cookpassbabtridge
23-5-08, 20:37
Oh, i see. Doh! :o:p

But again, it's the final table that counts.

Fergie or the media didnt know Eduardo would break his leg so Man u can breeze in and take the title so the rotation should of been attacked

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
23-5-08, 20:38

If it was Arsenal the media would of peddled the weak Arsenal cant hack it up north bull shiit were as Fergie its just a mishap for sure

Do you not think Fergie has earned a bit of respite. His record isn't half bad you know.

Rafa is unproven in their eyes. He always will be until he wins the league.

hairybloke
23-5-08, 20:38

If it was Arsenal the media would of peddled the weak Arsenal cant hack it up north bull *****were as Fergie its just a mishap for sure

Correct. I try not to pollute my telly with the scum except when we're playing them, so I only found out about the "resting" :rolleyes: of the likes of fatboy reading this forum.

cookpassbabtridge
23-5-08, 20:39
Just to clarify i dont think there is a pro Man U ant Liverpool bias im quite sure Carlos Queizerios will recieve similar treatment when fergie steps down ;)

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
23-5-08, 20:40
Just to clarify i dont think there is a pro Man U ant Liverpool bias im quite sure Carlos Queizerios will recieve similar treatment when fergie steps down ;)

That day can't come soon enough! :D

cookpassbabtridge
23-5-08, 20:41
Do you not think Fergie has earned a bit of respite. His record isn't half bad you know.

Rafa is unproven in their eyes. He always will be until he wins the league.

If he has earned his respite fair enough but they cant expect people not to notice when Fergie ***** up doing the same thing they paint someone else as a clown for doing

dookar
23-5-08, 20:43

For what reason?

I believe there to be a pro man utd bias but not an anti Liverpool one.

And I think the bias onlt exists because of the success they have enjoyed, it could be any team

Chris-Ninis
23-5-08, 20:44

Thank Christ there are some people on here with half a brain and don't subscribe to the "tin-foil-hat-run-for-the-hills-everyone-hates-us" mentality.

Have a rep point...

Rafamyth
23-5-08, 20:49

Its been known for years that A Parry is a Reds supporter. BTW Andy Gray was one of the few people who supported Masch's behaviour at Old Trafford. He suggested Masch's passion for the club and the game was something to aspire to and it was jamie redknapp who suggested Masch was wrong. Its a pity we don't have more players like Masch who show the same commitment and fight on a weekly basis.

hairybloke
23-5-08, 20:49
For what reason?

I believe there to be a pro man utd bias but not an anti Liverpool one.

And I think the bias onlt exists because of the success they have enjoyed, it could be any team

I think it's a little different with the scum, they've always been the media's darlings even when (short term) they're sport's public enemy number one.

My Everton mates think it's to do with '58 though I don't think there's too many journalists still putting finger to keyboard who can remember the tragedy. It is worth noting though that before the advent of the red-nosed one the only difference between the two clubs was a European Cup twenty years previously.

klopp in
23-5-08, 20:54
Fergie gets no respite here -

Fergie 2 european cups in 20 years

Bob 3 in 9 years

Rafa 1 in 4 years

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
23-5-08, 20:56

Bob 3 in 9 years

Rafa 1 in 4 years

Give it a rest. It will eat you away and destroy you.

klopp in
23-5-08, 21:03
Give it a rest. It will eat you away and destroy you.

I love it -just stating facts

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
23-5-08, 21:04
I love it -just stating facts

If he wins it again next year, will you maintain that his record in Europe is poor as he would only have 3 in 20?

klopp in
23-5-08, 21:07
If he wins it again next year, will you maintain that his record in Europe is poor as he would only have 3 in 20?

It'll be 3 in 21 years and yes it will be poor compared to bob ;)

Rafamyth
23-5-08, 21:13
Thank Christ there are some people on here with half a brain and don't subscribe to the "tin-foil-hat-run-for-the-hills-everyone-hates-us" mentality.

Have a rep point...

I totally agree with your's and Higgster's comments. Unfortunately, too many of our supporters have 'victim' written across their foreheads. Look at Grant and Chelsea - they get far more criticism from Sky and newspapers that Rafa Benitez does.

hairybloke
23-5-08, 21:17

Can you tell me the numbers for tomorrow's lottery then please Higgy?

That's a debate there's no need to have unless it happens. In the meantime

3 in 9 >>> 2 in 22

And since we're talking Europe can you recall an easier route to the final for a team of the scum's magnitude? Everyone's talking up their achievement but they faced no one of note right up to the semi-final and then it was a pathetically in decline Barcelona. That's the first time they've got past a side worthy of the title european giant in god knows how long and we all (well I'm assuming all) know any of our CL teams would've smashed them off the park the way they've been this year.

Anyone would think they'd got past Inter, Arsenal, and then us to get to the final the way they're getting talked up now :mad:

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
23-5-08, 21:19
Anyone would think they'd got past Inter, Arsenal, and then us to get to the final the way they're getting talked up now :mad:

They won it, end of. Some of our triumphs were not recorded over Europes heavy hitters.

klopp in
23-5-08, 21:24
Can you tell me the numbers for tomorrow's lottery then please Higgy?

That's a debate there's no need to have unless it happens. In the meantime

3 in 9 >>> 2 in 22

And since we're talking Europe can you recall an easier route to the final for a team of the scum's magnitude? Everyone's talking up their achievement but they faced no one of note right up to the semi-final and then it was a pathetically in decline Barcelona. That's the first time they've got past a side worthy of the title european giant in god knows how long and we all (well I'm assuming all) know any of our CL teams would've smashed them off the park the way they've been this year.

Got to agree with you 100%

cookpassbabtridge
23-5-08, 21:31

if is the middle word in life :p:D

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
23-5-08, 21:32

Different! I am not saying he will, just making a point about his bias silliness.

hairybloke
23-5-08, 21:37

Was that the sound of Higgster getting hoist on his own petard? :D

jaymoy
23-5-08, 21:41
sky is what it is a media 'tabloid' channel.. im certainly not patronising when i say that btw...it has its uses, but use it to get the sports coverage and dont take personally the opinions....

obviously they are going to praise more and get 'more' excited about the premiership leaders and second compared to fourth.... they love gossip, controversey for any club, not just us... the paranoia is annoying...dont get me wrong, i get p***** off with the **** they spout sometimes, but i think you will find that even Man U fans, Chav fans etc... feel 'victimised' by sky...they are a media company, out to get more media coverage....ie out for themselves... whatever gets them a story

sky are not against us at all.. the world is! :D:D;)

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
23-5-08, 21:43
Was that the sound of Higgster getting hoist on his own petard? :D

Fair do's! :o:p:D

LLS
23-5-08, 22:34

Not really taking sides or anything (just enjoying the argument :D) but I'm pretty sure Murdoch being a Man Utd fan pretty much makes Ferguson's "foreign nationality" irrelevant.

And I think many of the people you and Higgster are arguing with actually agree with you: there is no anti-Liverpool bias, but a pro-Man Utd bias.

I've stated about how Sky is biased towards Man Utd (Murdoch...) but I will argue that ITV is not biased towards Man Utd. Their coverage and analysis of all games is very good and balanced, but if I saw Clive Tydlesey on the Kop singing You'll Never Walk Alone, I still wouldn't believe he's not a Manc. He practically creams himself every time Utd do something slightly good, and will talk about them even when they are not playing.

Even since Istanbul he still rambles on about "that night in Barcelona" and sadly now has another one we will hear about for the next 10 years.

dookar
23-5-08, 22:37
Not really taking sides or anything (just enjoying the argument :D) but I'm pretty sure Murdoch being a Man Utd fan pretty much makes Ferguson's "foreign nationality" irrelevant.

And I think many of the people you and Higgster are arguing with actually agree with you: there is no anti-Liverpool bias, but a pro-Man Utd bias.

Nope, BionicBoot has claimed in previous threads that it is all about xenophobia, as I recall the last was anti-semitism directed at Grant.

This is the only point I'm arguing. The media does not favour utd due to any kind bigotry.

LLS
23-5-08, 22:48
Nope, BionicBoot has claimed in previous threads that it is all about xenophobia, as I recall the last was anti-semitism directed at Grant.

This is the only point I'm arguing. The media does not favour utd due to any kind bigotry.

It doesn't favour Utd mate, it just doesn't like foreigners. For example some of the things Rafa has been slated for:

1. Rotation
Whatever you think about Rafa, Fergie does it more. And considering their subs are worth more than our first team players, it seems Rafa is doing well to be losing less games and only being behind them due to draws, which some of Fergies expensive signings have helped him to avoid, eg. Nani and Tevez late winners.

2. Reserves in the football league
Was it such an outrageous topic to be starting a debate on? He was absolutely ripped apart for an idea that works successfully in Spain.

3. Zonal marking
Worked brilliantly, all the best sides do it. STILL criticised and is the ONLY manager criticised for it.

4. Everton are a small club
Anyone ever consider that he is a foreigner and that his grasp of English may not be so good?

I'm sure the list goes on, but I just can't think of other things now!

But some of those things, rotation, zonal marking and even managing players diets for example, Rafa brought to England, and in a few years they will be the norm at EVERY Premiership club.

Those forward thinking ideas; dragging the Premiership into modern times (proved by continued success in Europe and a vast difference in fitness between in English clubs and European clubs, despite the European clubs playing at a much slower tempo) added to 2 European Cup finals and an FA Cup in his first 3 seasons, try telling me the man would not be a living legend in the media's eyes were he English.

In fact I would be my life savings that if you asked as many people in the media who is better out of Harry Redknapp and Rafa Benitez, they would say Harry Redknapp. Harry Redknapp is the best English manager around, but he's not fit to lace Rafa's boots.

dookar
23-5-08, 22:52
It doesn't favour Utd mate, it just doesn't like foreigners.

I'm sorry, I don't buy it.

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
23-5-08, 22:52
1. Rotation
Whatever you think about Rafa, Fergie does it more. And considering their subs are worth more than our first team players, it seems Rafa is doing well to be losing less games and only being behind them due to draws, which some of Fergies expensive signings have helped him to avoid, eg. Nani and Tevez late winners.

2. Reserves in the football league
Was it such an outrageous topic to be starting a debate on? He was absolutely ripped apart for an idea that works successfully in Spain.

3. Zonal marking
Worked brilliantly, all the best sides do it. STILL criticised and is the ONLY manager criticised for it.

4. Everton are a small club
Anyone ever consider that he is a foreigner and that his grasp of English may not be so good?

In fact I would be my life savings that if you asked as many people in the media who is better out of Harry Redknapp and Rafa Benitez, they would say Harry Redknapp. Harry Redknapp is the best English manager around, but he's not fit to lace Rafa's boots.

1. Fergie doesn't do it more, maybe the same, but not more.

2. Yes, it was a daft idea.

3. Agree

4. He's been here long enough to speak English.

And i agree with the last bit.

LLS
23-5-08, 22:56
1. Fergie doesn't do it more, maybe the same, but not more.

2. Yes, it was a daft idea.

3. Agree

4. He's been here long enough to speak English.

And i agree with the last bit.

2. What was so outrageously daft about it? Surely it would also be beneficial to the English national side as well? Or is it another debate for another time :D

4. You can live in a foreign country and speak the language brilliantly, but you will never be able to fully express yourself. Look at Rafa even now, his English still isn't too good, and he's not an idiot like Voronin who doesn't want to bother learning English.

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
23-5-08, 22:58
2. What was so outrageously daft about it? Surely it would also be beneficial to the English national side as well? Or is it another debate for another time :D

Spain doesn't have anything like the number of professional clubs we have. Where would these 'reserve' sides fit in? (Maybe in a few years when they have all gone bust!)

dookar
24-5-08, 09:43
I'm sorry, I don't buy it.

You're not too bright are you?

Sigh, bright enough to debate openly rather than hide behind an anonymous rep comment.

Brighter than you my friend, whoever you are...

The Kloppster
24-5-08, 10:08

Bob 3 in 9 years

Rafa 1 in 4 years

Yep!

It shows how crap Fergie actually is in Europe. He better have savoured every minute of Wednesday night/Thursday morning because that'll be the last time his band of cheating, slimy, vermin-ridden Scum win the European Cup whilst he's in charge.

Ratio: Fergie - 1 in 10, Bob 1 in 3, Rafa 1 in 4

Plus, who can forget it taking the alki 7 years to win a title!

******* overrated ****job!

AND

Scum *******s have had a lot more money to spend than us, so United haven't exactly had it hard to win things - i.e. long length of time that Fergie has been in charge and lots of money and refereeing decisions always going heavily in their favour.

United didn't win the trophy on Thursday morning - John Terry ******* blew it! United were a beaten team when Terry stepped up. As it happens, and hardly anyone will agree with me on this, but I do feel realy sorry for Terry's miss. It must be ******* terrible!

Quite aside from the fact that had he scored, we would still be three cups ahead of the vermin-ridden Scum!!!:p

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
24-5-08, 10:10
Yep!

It shows how crap Fergie actually is in Europe. He better have savoured every minute of Wednesday night/Thursday morning because that'll be the last time his band of cheating, slimy, vermin-ridden Scum win the European Cup whilst he's in charge.

Ratio: Fergie - 1 in 10, Bob 1 in 3, Rafa 1 in 4

Plus, who can forget it taking the alki 7 years to win a title!

******* overrated ****job!

AND

Scum *******s have had a lot more money to spend than us, so United haven't exactly had it hard to win things - i.e. long length of time that Fergie has been in charge and lots of money and refereeing decisions always going heavily in their favour.

United didn't win the trophy on Thursday morning - John Terry ******* blew it! United were a beaten team when Terry stepped up. As it happens, and hardly anyone will agree with me on this, but I do feel realy sorry for Terry's miss. It must be ******* terrible!

Quite aside from the fact that had he scored, we would still be three cups ahead of the vermin-ridden Scum!!!:p

Oh Alan, you do make me laugh.

NumptyNumbNuts
15-12-12, 18:41
Bump

Batteries
15-12-12, 18:42
Bump

Random.

-SilkySkills-
15-12-12, 18:42
Bump

have you got a point for bumping this? if so lets hear it