PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Ince - Is he a proper Red?

Sendrien
23-5-08, 19:16
Seems this lad has spent all of his childhood years at Liverpool and learning his trade at our Academy. And now he's going to be given a chance in our U-18s side.

Given Paul Ince's spell at manure, do you think that Thomas' 16 years of growing up in the city and probably at least half his life with our youth system has will have ironed out any "Manchester tendencies" in the lad? Could he become a proper Red and become a Liverpool sensation?

Snippes
23-5-08, 19:22
Seems this lad has spent all of his childhood years at Liverpool and learning his trade at our Academy. And now he's going to be given a chance in our U-18s side.

Given Paul Ince's spell at manure, do you think that Thomas' 16 years of growing up in the city and probably at least half his life with our youth system has will have ironed out any "Manchester tendencies" in the lad? Could he become a proper Red and become a Liverpool sensation?

Let's see if he can even play first, shall we ;) if he is good...then by all means...what a RED! If not...just another scum bag :D

Sendrien
23-5-08, 19:29
Haha, I like your attitude :D

Vladtheimpaler
23-5-08, 19:38
Given that his dad chose to stay in the Liverpool area after he left and indeed steered his son towards the club, I would say that Paul Ince himself has removed any Manchester tendencies, never mind his son.

johnnyrocco
23-5-08, 20:28
despite spending more time and achieving more success at man u ince has gone on record that liverpool has much more of a place in his heart than them, i think that says a thing or 2 about our club

BodomHateCrew
23-5-08, 20:33
Given that his dad chose to stay in the Liverpool area after he left and indeed steered his son towards the club, I would say that Paul Ince himself has removed any Manchester tendencies, never mind his son.

I think all tendencies we're removed in that 2-2 drew at Anfield he played in :D

GrumpasaurusRex
23-5-08, 20:42
I dislike Paul Ince with a great passion.

He should never have been signed by Evans, and my dislike is further enhanced by his managing of Franchise FC.

However, I also think you "should not punish the son for the sins of the father" (or whatever the saying is).

So good luck in your career Thomas.

RafatheGaffer
23-5-08, 20:43
Ince, both of them, deserve credit. Paul gave 100% whilst he was at Anfield whether you liked the fact he was at OT before hand or not.

Pauls kid will get all the credit he is due dependant on his performances which is the way it should be.

Snippes
23-5-08, 21:27
despite spending more time and achieving more success at man u ince has gone on record that liverpool has much more of a place in his heart than them, i think that says a thing or 2 about our club

I agree...I could be wrong here but I have seen him speak more of Liverpool as "my" or "our" club or "we" when referencing Liverpool in the years since he left than he has united. He stood up for Rafa and talked about the Liverpool way after the crazies that were going on this season and seems to have an appreciation for his time at Liverpool and what it means to be a Red which says something. He wasn't here long but like some have said, he gave 200% so I have no issues with Pauly! But that has nothing to do with anything...the important thing is his son chose Liverpool when he could have gone elsewhere...and Liverpool chose him. Nuff said!

davegahan
23-5-08, 21:46
His father was always a true RED whether he played for us or for them.
Should I remind you the mancs are "REDS" too?

Sendrien
23-5-08, 21:49

Only one team are the true Reds, though. :D

davegahan
23-5-08, 22:10
Only one team are the true Reds, though. :D
Mancs would say the same though :D

Castro-33
23-5-08, 22:46
they would just be filthy lying mancs;)

shanks1978
24-5-08, 10:04

I have been watching this lad since he was in the under 10s at Tranmere where i used to coach the under 11s. He is much more skillful than his old man, but is definitely as tough as him. He is very left footed and has a good eye for goal. If he develops he could be quality!!!

Thomas is still 16 though so lets not carried away and let the lad settle in with the academy before we start dreaming of the first team!!!

Chickenliver
24-5-08, 10:23
Let's see if he can even play first, shall we ;) if he is good...then by all means...what a RED! If not...just another scum bag :D

Quite right to snipes :D

WaltonBreckRed
24-5-08, 15:42

Correct me if i'm wrong but we've been "The Reds" since Bill Shankly changed our kit to Red Shirts, Shorts and Socks to make us more intimidating to the opposition. The Mancs are the Red Devils they can't be the "Reds" as they wear black shorts?!

We are "THE REDS"!

YNWA

redloz
24-5-08, 20:46
who gives a **** who his dad is even though at his peak he was a great player.It is all about the young lad and if he turns out to be anywere near as good as his dad was then knowone will complain. So i say good luck to him and hope i see him in the first team in the future lifting the prem title

El-Nino-09
24-5-08, 21:45
Ince, both of them, deserve credit. Paul gave 100% whilst he was at Anfield whether you liked the fact he was at OT before hand or not.

Pauls kid will get all the credit he is due dependant on his performances which is the way it should be.

Like the way he ABANDONED his team mates at castle greyskull with 10 minutes to go in the fa cup game of 98-99 when ole gonna scoresjar knocked us out
100 % my ares:finger:

GivinItBifters
24-5-08, 21:55
Is Thomas Ince a True Red? Cut him and see.

PhilippeCoutinho
2-3-12, 22:22
2 goals from midfield on the weekend.

A goal tonight!

Lad is doing well at blackpool!

prredhouse
2-3-12, 22:27
2 goals from midfield on the weekend.

A goal tonight!

Lad is doing well at blackpool!

hmm do we have a contractual stipulation?:PN:

PhilippeCoutinho
2-3-12, 22:30
Yes the more success he has at Blackpool the more they pay!

prredhouse
2-3-12, 22:31
Yes the more success he has at Blackpool the more they pay!

has he not been sold outright to them? I thought he was

slammy102
2-3-12, 22:33
Mancs would say the same though :D

It's all lies though, they wear white shorts and black socks! Reds my backside :D