PDA

View Full Version : players you are HAPPY we DIDNT sign..

44red
13-1-09, 22:27
in most recent memory, mine would be Florent Malouda. what a waste of 11million pounds(or whatever chelsea paid for him):tumbleweed

in not most recent memory.. Luis Figo(in his decline) the rumors were really strong that we were going for him,thank God we didnt.he would just have been another 'deco' for us..

name yours..

-Glen--
13-1-09, 22:28
Lee Bowyer

Graggster
13-1-09, 22:29
in most recent memory, mine would be Florent Malouda. what a waste of 11million pounds(or whatever chelsea paid for him):tumbleweed

in not most recent memory.. Luis Figo(in his decline) the rumors were really strong that we were going for him,thank God we didnt.he would just have been another 'deco' for us..

name yours..

Figo would of have been a good signing.. it was 3 seasons ago when we went in for him if not mistaken, he had plenty to offer still back then.

SuperSi
13-1-09, 22:29
Silvestre

Gazza74
13-1-09, 22:30
Michael Owen

BadgersAnonymous
13-1-09, 22:31
Cristiano Ronaldo :fishing

donwell
13-1-09, 22:32

Agree, whilst he has undoubted talent he basically makes me feel physically sick whenever I see him!

TheVulture
13-1-09, 22:32
Lee Bowyer

Great minds think alike.

Same for me :)

stevenc
13-1-09, 22:33
Lucas Neill

I strongly dislike him

Newname
13-1-09, 22:33
Roberto Sanchino.

tegs
13-1-09, 22:34
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/archivedirs/mediawatch/2003/jun/OE5015030619-1032.htm

-Glen--
13-1-09, 22:35
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/archivedirs/mediawatch/2003/jun/OE5015030619-1032.htm :cry:

Ahh well we got Diouf instead! :mad:

KimJong-illmatic
13-1-09, 22:36
I didn't really want Simao.

44red
13-1-09, 22:37
Figo would of have been a good signing.. it was 3 seasons ago when we went in for him if not mistaken, he had plenty to offer still back then.

no,i dont think so.he went to the relatively slow Serie A,signed for Inter and did nothing of note that season.yes i know he got injured or something but i think he would have struggled with the intensity and pace of the premiership anyway(same as deco after flattering to deceive in the early months)

Andyfagan
13-1-09, 22:39

Diouf signed a year before that article.

DeisePaddy
13-1-09, 22:40
in reference to another post in relation to a newspaper article in 2003

thank god we did not sign the greasy show pony :D:D:D

Liverdinner
13-1-09, 22:41
finidi george
titus bramble
liam rosenior

Snippes
13-1-09, 22:47
Michael Owen

:D:D:D LMAO!! First name that came to my mind!!

Malouda - total waste of space and money. All I can say is, thank you Roman!
Lucas Neil - seriously...what was Rafa thinking :eek:
Gareth Barry - Xabi Alonso...'nuff said! :cool:
Emile Heskey - I know it hasn't happened yet...but if it does, I am crying in advance.

Fowi
13-1-09, 22:48
Lucas Neil and Simao.

Graggster
13-1-09, 22:49
no,i dont think so.he went to the relatively slow Serie A,signed for Inter and did nothing of note that season.yes i know he got injured or something but i think he would have struggled with the intensity and pace of the premiership anyway(same as deco after flattering to deceive in the early months)

Inter have won the league for the past 3 seasons while hes been there, granted the first was by default but he did figure in most league games in his first 2 season and was a key player.. so clearly he still had alot to offer,even if it is a slower league.

I wouldnt take him now but back then i would of been thrilled if we signed him.

Euro-77-78-81-84-05
13-1-09, 22:49

No that article was during the break between 2002-2003 season and 2003-2004 season. Diouf was already here. The last paragraph of that article Houllier's policy for the season was to bring in proven quality ahead of potentual. Only that season saw the two "French Gems" arrive at the club, after the French club we loaned them to got relegated. They spent majority of the time in the reserves, but got some first team action, but it wasn't until the next season they were expected to be ready, and this season was just to show the potentual. Kind of contridicting the reason that other article about buying proven quality and not potentual. After all, if they could be in the reserves so could Ronaldo. But then it's easy to be an after event expert. Plus one of the gems, was going to be better then Ronaldo.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/archivedirs/news/2003/aug/19/N141482030819-1209.htm

Back to the question of the topic. Boumsong.

Lenny-and-Carl
13-1-09, 22:51
Lucas Neil and Simao.

What he said.

44red
13-1-09, 22:54
finidi george
titus bramble
liam rosenior

to be fair,finidi did well in his first season with ipswich and he was a very good crosser of the ball.

but titus bramble?:eek: were we ever linked with that bumbling disaster on two legs?:o

tegs
13-1-09, 22:56
thank god we never signed jean alean boumsong :D

Liverdinner
13-1-09, 22:57
to be fair,finidi did well in his first season with ipswich and he was a very good crosser of the ball.

but titus bramble?:eek: were we ever linked with that bumbling disaster on two legs?:o

no i just picked 3 random names

im still pleased we didnt sign them though

i loved that ipswich team

Simo429
13-1-09, 22:58
theres been so many but then you could do it the other way players we should have signed i wonder if there are more!

i dont agree with the OP though! figo could still have offered something to us

Snippes
13-1-09, 23:16
Lucas Neil and Simao.

Damn...I knew I was forgeting a big one...Simao - probably more than any other considering he was actually IN the plane ready to take off for what would have been a 12-13MM deal.

Am getting ill just thinking about it right now.

44red
13-1-09, 23:51
Damn...I knew I was forgeting a big one...Simao - probably more than any other considering he was actually IN the plane ready to take off for what would have been a 12-13MM deal.

Am getting ill just thinking about it right now.

i dont think simao is that bad.just that he was overpriced.he did have a good game against us when we went to athletico.the only times i really shook my head at the ridiculous price attached to him was when i saw him at the euros and wondered what all the fuss was about

LFC_Fan_1_2
13-1-09, 23:54
Gazza Bazza. Simao. Dean Brill. Michael Tongue.

hold51
13-1-09, 23:55
quaresma
downing
johnson
titus bramble
pennant (oh sod it we got him)
robbin
savage

He-Him
14-1-09, 10:57
Heinze and Lucas neill

Cwdyn
14-1-09, 11:03
Lee Bowyer.

grenny158
14-1-09, 11:43
Without a doubt, No. 1 HAS to be Lee Bowyer - he was the runt of the pack in his family, for sure.

Also:

Joey Barton
Simao
Lee Bowyer
Lee Bowyer
Lee Bowyer
Anyone named Lee
Any name that rhymes with Gowyer

Yoko
14-1-09, 12:41
Bowyer and more particularly Boumsong. Total plank.

taribo West too, would have been another Song

radders33
14-1-09, 12:46
Lee Bowyer is the ultimate - can't believe he almost cost us 7.5million as well - he went to West Ham for free a few months later!!!

Stelios Giannakopoulos (sp?) the old dude from Bolton who never even got a game for them anymore after we were linked with him...

koki-Reds17
14-1-09, 12:48
simao, c.ronaldo, kranjcar, I hope we wont get adriano either

CHIPPEN
14-1-09, 13:16
Raul and Ronaldo (the former Real player)

44red
14-1-09, 13:29
wow! in less than a week,another of my threads on the homepage again!
could it be that i think & speak so much sense:tumbleweed:D

keep the replies coming,guys!

Gilipollas
14-1-09, 13:34
Wish we had signed Ronaldo and then flogged him for ridiculous sum - the treacherous mercenary

Polster
14-1-09, 13:54
Raul and Ronaldo (the former Real player)

Maybe not Ronaldo, depending at what stage of his decline he was at. But RAUL???? the man is a genious, and without doubt world class.

And for anyone that says C Ronaldo, if he was at Liverpool, we would all worship him, so don't talk nonsence.

TheChairman
14-1-09, 13:54
Pennant. oh nuts.

Barry
Heskey
Quaresma

ratfink
14-1-09, 13:57
downing
downing
downing
downing
downing
downing
downing
downing
downing
downing
downing

GodsLeftPeg
14-1-09, 14:31
I seem to remember rumours in the mid 90s of Les Ferdinand and Fabrizio Ravanelli (after his one hit wonder season with boro')

DavieLFC
14-1-09, 14:47
Boumsong.
Neil
Bowyer.
Malouda
Silvestre
Heinze
Downing

To lesser extent Barry because we already have the class of Alonso, Otherwise Decent signing

langersandmash
14-1-09, 15:05
Darren Bent, Diego Forlan, Carlos Tevez, Samuel Eto'o and whoever else we were linked to before getting Torres!!

Gazza74
14-1-09, 15:07
Poborsky - So glad we got Paddy Berger instead...:cool:

DickieJB
14-1-09, 15:15
Has to be Boumsoung, surely????

Wasn't he due to come before Houlier got the push?????

Another one of Houliers master strokes :rolleyes:

raydenuk
14-1-09, 15:18
Emile "i'm a donkey" Heskey.

Philphyuk
14-1-09, 15:24
Graig Bellamy - oh no, we didn't did we :crying

wardy05
14-1-09, 15:38
i think,

michael tonge

jean alain boumsong

paul konchesky

simao

figo

malouda

quaresma

jaoquin

dcox69
14-1-09, 15:42
Agree, whilst he has undoubted talent he basically makes me feel physically sick whenever I see him!

May be not if he was playing for us :rolleyes:

ceejaybee
14-1-09, 16:50
Malbranque

got to agree fully with anyone that has mentioned any of these

Lucas neill (cant see Carra welcoming him with open arms:D)
Lee Bowyer
Bramble
Boumsong
Silvestre

(wasnt Wes Brown an option a few years back????)

ozzie365
14-1-09, 17:02

name yours..

Gareth Barry ......................cos we would have lost Alonso

ibbyhamid
14-1-09, 17:06
You forgot to put LEE BOWYER in there.

anyone agree

ibbyhamid
14-1-09, 17:07
Karal Poborsky

FistofRage
14-1-09, 17:14

name yours..

It's difficult to answer because you will never know how they would have turned out at Anfield.

Hoogle
14-1-09, 17:30
Gareth Bale (He's popular on here though)
Quaresma
Bentley
Michael Owen

FOOTBALLMAD
14-1-09, 17:37
You have already mentioned some of them but here's a few more:

Hugo Viana "Boby Roby said that he was realy glad that he beat Gerard Houlier to his signiture and so am i"

Winston Bogard for 3.5 M from Ac Milan but Royy Evans Changed his mind thank god.

John Berisford for 1.5 M from Portsmouth but medical fell through.

Pep Guardiola at the end of his Career.

Guti, Maartin Hyder that went to Leeds, Carol Paborsky before Man U, Masimo Paganin from Inter, Sapinto who got baned after Euro 96 And Ian Murray who said "I would have a better chance at QPR Than Liverpool" Thank god because he was rubbish for them. John Peacock and Paul Ferlong

apollo88
14-1-09, 17:57
joey barton

wavdeep
14-1-09, 17:58
Simao did knock us out of the CL with Benfica later that year - who knows, maybe if we'd signed him we'd have won it...

We were linked with Forlan but got Torres instead. That's got to take some beating.

I'm pretty sure we were heavily linked with Joey Barton in his early days at City aswell.

Billy Sharp is a good one, though I think was an April Fool's joke

6minutes3goals
14-1-09, 18:01
Must be Gabriel Heinze.

44red
14-1-09, 18:13
Emile "i'm a donkey" Heskey.

i honestly find this calling of heskey a 'donkey', offensive.fine,his last couple seasons were underwhelming but he contributed over 20goals in our treble winning season of 2001.that got us in the champions league for the first time,so enough with this 'donkey' assertions!

Lurcio1
14-1-09, 18:14
Lee Bowyer who is an absolute helmet of a man

44red
14-1-09, 18:17
Must be Gabriel Heinze.

welcome to the boards and yes heinze was a great choice we should be happy we didnt sign. although i would have been happy to get him just to rile up ol' whiskey nose.imagine rafa signing heinze and then him getting our winning goal against man utd that season..

i'm sure fergie would have packed it in there and then:D

pauld83
14-1-09, 18:23
downing
downing
downing
downing
downing
downing
downing
downing
downing
downing
downing
who?

MaradonaJunior
14-1-09, 18:24
Dennis Rommedahl - has absolutely no technical ability, me and my friends consider it a joke that he still represents Denmark even though his only asset is speed, given, it's a good thing to have, but when you can't dribble, pass, cross or have a decent shoot at goal, maybe the track team is a better option! Besides, we aldready had Cisse...

Kopste
14-1-09, 18:27
On this seasons form it has to be Gareth barry. Nothing against the lad, like him a lot as a player and for England - but nowhere near as technically gifted as Alonso. Plus with not getting him we've signed an naturally attacking minded player in Reira for a third of Barrys transfer price.

I have to admit that during the summer I did want him, largely due to his displays with England alongside Gerrard, but seeing how things have panned out for us, and taking into account he wouldn't have played alongside Stevie, I'm glad we didn't spend all our transfer kitty on another defence minded midfielder.

The other player I'm glad we didnt get is Forlan.

EL9N1N09N1NE
14-1-09, 18:36

Lol ronaldo that aint a bad sign wish we did sign him the same way united feel they should have sign torres 2 season back !!

marbles
14-1-09, 18:36
I hate Ronaldo as much as the next man but I think to if he played for us we'd probably feel a bit differently.

Figo had a bit left in the tank when we nearly got him so that wouldn't have been too bad.

Lee Bowyer on the other hand.......it makes me angry to think he even came close to joining us. Same goes for that money-grabbing so and so Lucas Neill.

marbles
14-1-09, 18:38
and more particularly Boumsong. Total plank.

taribo West too, would have been another Song

Forgot all about those two - great shouts, both of them

KingStevieG8
14-1-09, 18:38
Gareth Barry. I'm sorry but there is no other player in the world that can play passes like Xabi Alonso.

EL9N1N09N1NE
14-1-09, 18:39
darren bent, diego forlan, carlos tevez, samuel eto'o and whoever else we were linked to before getting torres!!

darren bent a 100% no no lol 18.5million was there asking price?

LeeDelaneyLFC
14-1-09, 18:43
Lol ronaldo that aint a bad sign wish we did sign him the same way united feel they should have sign torres 2 season back !!

He tried to sign Torres but he wasn't interested in leaving Atletico, the same thing he said about every other team until he signed for us :p

EL9N1N09N1NE
14-1-09, 18:44
Gareth Barry. I'm sorry but there is no other player in the world that can play passes like Xabi Alonso.

It makes me think if Gareth barry was valued at 17.5-19mil alonso should be 25mil+???? there is a lot of difference in class also alonso can play in CM CDM and barry only seen him play in CM

FinnanTrueKopHero
14-1-09, 18:45
Barry means we would have had to get rid off Xabi, thank god!!

Snippes
14-1-09, 18:46
i dont think simao is that bad.just that he was overpriced.he did have a good game against us when we went to athletico.the only times i really shook my head at the ridiculous price attached to him was when i saw him at the euros and wondered what all the fuss was about

I accept that I might be a little harsh on Simao...but I stand by my position that Simao has been easily one of the most overrated, crap players in Europe in the last 5 years. He has the ability to take a good free kick and every once in a while he scores spectacular ones. He can have the odd good game every once in a million blue moons.

But his overall body of work relative to what people say about him, and independent of his price tag....is truly pathetic. He is selfish...lacks mental fortitude...disappears when you most need him to the point that you can't remember if he was ever on the field once in that whole 90 minutes and if he was, what he was doing there...with the flashes he shows rarely, he can be one of the most easily marked players in the world because he just can't raise himself up to a tough challenge.

Plus he wears embarrasingly tight shirts and short shorts and his posture and the way he carries himself on the pitch completes his very dour picture as far as I am concerned :)

Other than that....he's great.

LeeDelaneyLFC
14-1-09, 18:49

He tried to sign him but he wasn't interested in leaving Atletico, the same thing he told every other club who showed an interest until we signed him. Back to the subject, i agree Bowyer would have been our worst signing. Is it just me, or was a rumoured price 15million?

curtis87ynwa
14-1-09, 18:49
gabby heinze

omarYNWA
14-1-09, 19:19
Diego forlan when we were trying to sign Torres

Thespian
14-1-09, 19:26
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/archivedirs/news/2003/aug/19/N141482030819-1209.htm

LOL.

I'm going to send that article to Bascombes mates down at the News of The World I bet they would love it.

slimman
14-1-09, 19:52
Quaresma

L1verFC
14-1-09, 19:56
garreth barry i think he is just a basic english player no class to him at all

GrumpasaurusRex
14-1-09, 19:58
Lee Bowyer

DISCLAIMER - under normal circumstances I would not associate myself with the opinions of this poster.

However I have to agree on this issue.

ordy08
14-1-09, 20:00
glen johnson

GrumpasaurusRex
14-1-09, 20:08
Lucas Neil - seriously...what was Rafa thinking :eek:.

I'm guessing he was thinking the squad needed more options on the right hand side (which considering the alternatives to Finnan had been the unspectacular Josemi and and even less spectacular Kromkamp most people would agree was needed).

Neill isn't bad - but he's nowhere near as good as he believes he's worth. I'm happier with Arbeloa, but Neill would not have been a total disaster in playing terms. Might have been more squad squabbles though.

At least the interest in Barry has brought back the Alonso of 2004-6. I'd sooner have had Barry than the Alonso of 2007-8, but as George Formby would have said "...turned out nice again." :)

Twiggy1963
14-1-09, 20:08
Massimo Taibi Had 1 good game ( admittingly against us )

whiteij
14-1-09, 20:10
benayoun - oh crap we got him
dossena - poo, hes here as well
degen - damn it!

boumsong
vieri

GrumpasaurusRex
14-1-09, 20:10
Back to the question of the topic. Boumsong.

Even at free, he was too expensive. :D;)

Copey1
14-1-09, 20:29
Gareth Barry Definitely!!!!

imagine where we could be wihout Xabi this season, wouldn't be at the pinnacle of the prem anyway...

someone said Joaquin too but i disagree i think hes a quality player.. definitely was when we were after him anyway...

laza149
14-1-09, 20:34
andy johnson, lee bowyer, marcus stewart

GrumpasaurusRex
14-1-09, 20:35
I seem to remember rumours ... Fabrizio Ravanelli (after his one hit wonder season with boro')

They weren't rumours - a solid bid was made for 7m, and the relegated Boro held out for 7.5m, then sold him on when he refused to play in the 2nd tier for something like 5m. That combined with the Ziege wranglings have made me hate Steve Gibson ever since. Hope Boro get relegated.

Boro would have been in far worse trouble had it not been for him. How he managed to get 17 goals in that Bryan Robson pub dwelling team is anybody's guess.

As for "one hit season wonder" - that conveniently forgets his 4 very successful years at Juventus.

Had we signed Ravanelli aged 28 (at his peak) rather than 32 year old Karl-Heinze Riedle, he more than likely would have been a much better foil to Fowler and the emerging Owen. I also don't think the earth-shattering signing of Sean Dundee would have occurred had Ravanelli been in the squad. :eek:

RobAb
14-1-09, 20:37
glen johnson.

gliderman
14-1-09, 20:41
Graig Bellamy - oh no, we didn't did we :crying

Annoying, moaning, aggravating Welsh dwarf.

Carra in his book, had some good things to say about him; he was a red and is proud to have represented the club and scored at the Kop end.... Shame he's gone.

Bowyer & Lucas Neill are my candidates (Carra did not have good things to say about him!)

EL9N1N09N1NE
14-1-09, 21:02
He tried to sign him but he wasn't interested in leaving Atletico, the same thing he told every other club who showed an interest until we signed him. Back to the subject, i agree Bowyer would have been our worst signing. Is it just me, or was a rumoured price 15million?

hE WAS INTERESTED BUT fERGI WAS NOT WILLING TO PAY THE 22MILLION ASKING PRICE

EL9N1N09N1NE
14-1-09, 21:05
sorry bout the caps-lock lol

farlored12
14-1-09, 22:04

name yours..

Charlie Niclos or whatever the clowns name is. Hes still bitter.

DeisePaddy
14-1-09, 22:08
Carra in his book, had some good things to say about him; he was a red and is proud to have represented the club and scored at the Kop end.... Shame he's gone.

Bowyer & Lucas Neill are my candidates (Carra did not have good things to say about him!)

Frank McGarvey :tumbleweed

cledus
14-1-09, 22:14
Great minds think alike.

this was the first name on my mind!! lol..... I'd like to add Jean Alain Boumsong to the list

DeisePaddy
14-1-09, 22:19
Frank McGarvey :tumbleweed

not entirely the right one for this list as he did actually sign,

then he left without playing a game, giving out that Sir Bob didnt give him a chance, if i remember correctly.

marcusblade
14-1-09, 23:06
I don't think that if we got ronaldo he'd be such a nob, can you name any big headed tw**s that play for liverpool, I don't reckon our fans allow it :)

Also I reckon Heskey would be a steal if we got him for free, and i agree that Bowyer is top of list for this topic how was he even thouhgt of?

Zombster
14-1-09, 23:09
Jean-Alain Bumsomg - Shocking defender.
Lee Bowyer - Nutcase and not good enough to ever play for LFC
Lucas Neill - A total waste of money and would never have fitted in. Carra would have seen 2 that.
Florent Malouda - Has shown nothing at Chavs to convince me we should have signed him

Wishy07
14-1-09, 23:53
hARRY kEWELL
OOPS WE DID SIGN HIM THOUGH DIDN'T WE
WASTE OF MONEY
BEST THING HE DID WAS LIMP OFF IN CHAMP LEAGUE FINAL 2005
NEVER HAD THE HEART TO PLAY FOR LFC!!!

Kardec
14-1-09, 23:56
not read all the thread but Bowyer or Boumsong.

Marty23
15-1-09, 00:00
This will set the cat among the pigeons!

Resigning Michael Owen, have never forgiven him for the way he strung us along before Rafa shipped him out! He's been injured most of the time for the Geordies and now that he eventually has got back to fitness he is doing to them exactly what he did to us. Money grabbing so and so!

EssexTony
15-1-09, 10:40
Lucas Neil and Simao.

+ Lee Bowyer + Joaquin (think he's well past it) + Villa (would have been wasted money I think because Torres or him would have to play, both don't work)

EssexTony
15-1-09, 10:41
This will set the cat among the pigeons!

Resigning Michael Owen, have never forgiven him for the way he strung us along before Rafa shipped him out! He's been injured most of the time for the Geordies and now that he eventually has got back to fitness he is doing to them exactly what he did to us. Money grabbing so and so!

He wasn't shipped out. He left. Go read Carra's book, see what he has to say about it. There's a part in the book everyone should read actually before making crap up.

PaulyT
15-1-09, 12:43
Kenwyne Jones from last season. Where did that rumour come from?
Bowyer was the first I thought of, also John Beresford was a great shout. Lucas Neill is a money grabbing thug. I was also worried when we were linked with Camoranesi when Juve were relegated. He is a good player, but I'm not sure he would have played well in England - and I just don't like him!!

The-Best-Fred
15-1-09, 12:57
damien duff? edgar davids? marco di vaio?

bobballard
15-1-09, 13:00
lucas neil rubbish and at 60000 a week not a chance

kopite4eva01
15-1-09, 14:22
joey barton

crowlep
15-1-09, 15:12
Boumsong definately......

Or that player from the Dream Team, that dodgy football based soap that used to be on Sky one. Someone played a joke on Houllier and he said he would sign him. Something like that......

RafaLaBamba
15-1-09, 16:25
Lee Bowyer

Exactly who I was going to say. Great shout. Houllier was probably on drugs by that time anyway.

3Finnan3
15-1-09, 16:43
remember us getting linked with steve bould after arsenal, even champ man had it as an automatic signing, liverpool always bought him on the game. think we got sami instead. ha. we win. oh and bowyer, gutted *** we never got him, how silly i was. boumsong and mexes haha.

brmc21
15-1-09, 16:58
Degen ;)

greenting
15-1-09, 17:34
glen johnson.

Sorry RobAb but i dont agree with that one i would love to see him at liverpool as he has all the attributes of a world class full. he has athletisism, pace, good cross and a not bad left foot volley from 30 yards out!

PaulyT
15-1-09, 17:50
Sorry RobAb but i dont agree with that one i would love to see him at liverpool as he has all the attributes of a world class full. he has athletisism, pace, good cross and a not bad left foot volley from 30 yards out!

Absolutely right.

mario11
15-1-09, 18:19
Boumsong! could there be a worse defender apart from our two new full backs of course!

JamieCorkill
15-1-09, 18:31
Lee Bowyer! remember him being shown around mellwood by GH

RobAb
15-1-09, 18:35

greenting im not sure because i dont think he is ready to step upto the plate yet. we are a bigger club with more pressure than portsmouth, and think that he could become a worldy in a couple of years when he has more experience.

Paulo2003
15-1-09, 23:43
Sean Dundee...... ****, we did sign him!

it has to be Boumsong without doubt.... Figo would have been good for 18 months in the 2005-06 team, Crouch at the point with Stevie behind.... sounds good to me

Paulo2003
15-1-09, 23:47
He wasn't shipped out. He left. Go read Carra's book, see what he has to say about it. There's a part in the book everyone should read actually before making crap up.

Spot on.... to much bul has been written and said about losing owen... Between his own book, Carra's and Gerrard's thr full story can be worked up

Paulo2003
15-1-09, 23:51

name yours..

Just thought of another shocker we were strongly linked with at one point...... Campo!!!!! :tumbleweed

That would have been a shocker!

gary182
16-1-09, 14:23
Great minds think alike.

didnt he sign for us though? i swear he did

Yabadabadooo
16-1-09, 14:58
I would say im pretty happy that Gerrard to chelsea fell trough...!:D

44red
16-1-09, 15:19
well the consensus seems pointed to lee bowyer so far.his name has appeared more than any other.

poor lee,he surely wouldnt have been welcome with open arms:P

deano307
16-1-09, 15:48
Players who I'm glad never came

Barry (we wouldve lost alonso and never got Riera, and we would be 17th in the league without them)
Bowyer
Neill
Pennant (wait...what do you mean he played for us....i never saw him)

Players who have been slated in the thread who i wouldve liked and still woudl like:
Heskey
Joaquin
Raul (could you imagine raul and torres. Well maybe not sign him now but 3 years ago he would have been epic)
Ronaldo (i hate to say it but...the guys good..and if he was at Liverpool we would all love him)

HisRedness
16-1-09, 20:00
G.Heinze (a bit overrated IMO, and may had an even worse impact coming 4m Utd)

Barry, also overrated and looking inside he may only be better than Lucas perhaps

Henry, not now.. He's a shadow of what he was

Now to one's I'm sorry we didn't

Anelka (2nd time)

Ibrahemovic

Revaldo (b4 going to Greece)

Larsson (two seasons b4 going to ManUtd when at Celtic)

Sherrer (don't know how serious it was about 3 yrs back)

Quarezma (! I know others rate him in the 1st list, stil I'd thought he'd be our answer to Ronaldo or other flairy matches)

LivingProof
17-10-13, 17:00
quaresma
downing
johnson
titus bramble
pennant (oh sod it we got him)
robbin
savage

:scarf

WindyShepherdHenderson
17-10-13, 17:02
i loved that ipswich team

:D

You were about 8.

RedGlass
17-10-13, 17:12
Lee Cattermole

Chickenliver
17-10-13, 17:16
Ricardo Quaresma.
Klaas-Jan Huntelaar
Phil Jones
Clint Dempsey
Darren Bent

RiiseAgainst
17-10-13, 17:22
Ricardo Quaresma.
Klaas-Jan Huntelaar
Phil Jones
Clint Dempsey
Darren Bent

Odd one.

I'd have him here in a heartbeat.

Chickenliver
17-10-13, 17:30
Odd one.

I'm not a fan of his and wasn't bothered he went to United.

By-Lallanas-Beard
17-10-13, 17:32
lee bowyer
connor wickham
marveaux

Larissa Karius
17-10-13, 17:37
Cristiano Ronaldo - he's crap :D

Captain Mauser
17-10-13, 17:41
Odd one.

I couldn't handle his face.

The Parish
17-10-13, 18:31
Klaas-Jan Huntelaar
Phil Jones

Yeah, I hate players who score 80 goals in 119 games in the Bundesliga and 34 in 60 at International level, or a future England stars.

charmac
17-10-13, 19:02
Alex Pearce. :eek: :eek: :eek:

vikingpool
17-10-13, 19:08
Ashley the dirty donkey young.

Chickenliver
17-10-13, 19:41
@The Parish, I don't hate either of them chill out, do we all have to like the same players or something? Huntelaar wasn't right for us then Torres was and we made the right choice.

Phil Jones is good but i wasn't sweating at the thought of not signing him, we are in much better shape now and have far better defenders here.

Binomial
17-10-13, 19:42
anyone that plays in russia

GottaWearShades
17-10-13, 20:26
Ashley the dirty donkey young.

Good shout.

AaronSuarez7
17-10-13, 20:51
Bent, Bentley, Wickham, Andy Johnson, Adam Johnson, Marveux, Dempsey, Ashley Young, Luuk de Jong oh and Torres...again.

OLI1879
17-10-13, 21:08
I'm quite glad we didn't sign Soldado now. What would we have done with him?

Binomial
17-10-13, 21:11
Bent, Bentley, Wickham, Andy Johnson, Adam Johnson, Marveux, Dempsey, Ashley Young, Luuk de Jong oh and Torres...again.

all good choices bar adam johnson, think if he came here instead he'd be much better

LivingProof
17-10-13, 21:11

Dunno about that, with the creativity of Suarez and Coutinho he could have scored loads here.

Binomial
17-10-13, 21:12

stuck him on penalty duty

-CADS-
17-10-13, 21:52
:scarf

Why have you bumped this thread and the one below just to laugh at Downing?

http://forums.liverpoolfc.com/threads/262223-Stewart-Downing-fee-agreed?p=9526445#post9526445

RedGeezer85
17-10-13, 22:04
Dempsey
Sigurdsson
Lucas Neill
That donkey defender Alex Pearce
Danny Williams

Chris LFC
17-10-13, 22:10
carlton cole from west ham

or

arrogant Ronaldo would have unsettled are team also will want a fortune

kung Fu cantona

lee bowyer - fights against team mates

the only one with them in a team missing would be j.terry - you all know how he treats a team mate wife/fiance

a.young :FP:

sorry wanted to get that off my chest...

The Parish
17-10-13, 22:16
@The Parish, I don't hate either of them chill out, do we all have to like the same players or something?

Of course not, but you can never have enough quality.

Liverdinner
17-10-13, 22:57

You were about 8.

Can 8 year olds not love teams?

mattypark
17-10-13, 23:16
Milan Rapaic springs to mind.

Anyone remember the Didier Baptiste hoax?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Didier_Baptiste

OLI1879
17-10-13, 23:19
Dunno about that, with the creativity of Suarez and Coutinho he could have scored loads here.

Yeah maybe, but then Sturridge would have been left out, which would suck.

brummiered01
17-10-13, 23:37
Michael Turner

Paullfc1976
17-10-13, 23:39
I have never really thought about it tbh, but if I did the Lee Bowyer would certainly be up there, and we were very very close to signing him.

L1verFC
17-10-13, 23:47

name yours..

Malouda turned out to be a very good player for Chelsea over a 2-3 year period

Paullfc1976
17-10-13, 23:47
Malouda turned out to be a very good player for Chelsea over a 2-3 year period

I think he'd have struggled at Anfield.

L1verFC
17-10-13, 23:49
Scott Dann , Connor Wickham , sylvain Marveaux

L1verFC
17-10-13, 23:50
I think he'd have struggled at Anfield.

Out of curiosity what makes you think that ?

Paullfc1976
17-10-13, 23:51
Out of curiosity what makes you think that ?

I just think with the way wingers turned out for us at that time, it would have happened.

RoyStapleton
18-10-13, 03:24
finidi george
titus bramble
liam rosenior

Surely this isn't true?

BilbaoBaggins
18-10-13, 03:34
Ashley Williams.

carraforcaptain
18-10-13, 04:59
carlton cole from west ham

or

arrogant Ronaldo would have unsettled are team also will want a fortune

kung Fu cantona

lee bowyer - fights against team mates

the only one with them in a team missing would be j.terry - you all know how he treats a team mate wife/fiance

a.young :FP:

sorry wanted to get that off my chest...

Jesus H Christ.

Dont-Funk-With-The-Sakho
18-10-13, 05:40

Dodged a bullet

Mars Hall
18-10-13, 05:42
I'd have had Dempsey over Downing, really I wanted him regardless, but I'm real glad we didn't get him now. Wickham, C. Cole, Bent, Marveaux, all good shouts. Adam...if only he could be on that list....

carraforcaptain
18-10-13, 06:21
I'd have had Dempsey over Downing, really I wanted him regardless, but I'm real glad we didn't get him now. Wickham, C. Cole, Bent, Marveaux, all good shouts. Adam...if only he could be on that list....

I wouldn't write him off yet. He's been bad at Sunderland but he's only 20 and has enough talent that he could become a good player at some point.

Kloppette
18-10-13, 07:05
:D:D:D LMAO!! First name that came to my mind!!

Malouda - total waste of space and money. All I can say is, thank you Roman!
Lucas Neil - seriously...what was Rafa thinking :eek:
Emile Heskey - I know it hasn't happened yet...but if it does, I am crying in advance.

But we did sign him

Kloppette
18-10-13, 07:07

My god I remember the forums going mad for him because he supported Liverpool and I kept saying he was pants. I don't think many people actually saw him play who wanted him to come, those that did see him play agreed he was pants

Red-And-Proud
18-10-13, 07:07
Lee Bowyer.

TheSoundLady
18-10-13, 07:18
I agree with most of the above.

And Gareth Barry.

Red-And-Proud
18-10-13, 07:25
I agree with most of the above.

And Gareth Barry.

Who did Gareth Barry say he was happy we didn't sign?

TheSoundLady
18-10-13, 07:35
Who did Gareth Barry say he was happy we didn't sign?

Himself!