PDA

View Full Version : Rafa Threads Merged

Can't defend
28-1-09, 22:54
nobody can stand up for this idiot tonight no alonso no reira no agger no keane. takes off gerrard takes off torres. im sorry IMO i actually think he is looking to get sacked there is no way he could think that will prove good for the team.
we were left with masch lucas kuyt babel who in the @@@@ does he think is going to score for us or maybe more important who is going to create anything for us. his time is up im more worried about staying in the top 4 now

Biller
28-1-09, 23:09
Agree. Get him OUT. He will never win the titel for us. Bring Raikard inn NOW:scarf

woody
28-1-09, 23:10
Most are now quite established at new-ish clubs and how attractive do we look? A squad short on real quality; a number of unsettled players (though maybe we don't want some of them anyway next season); the ownership issue as complicated and counter-productive as ever; no promise of any major cash injection; a failed senior management structure; new ground and therefore much needed increased capacity still years away; ManU, Chelsea, Arsenal, ManC and Villa even stronger next season.

Finding Rafa's replacement is not going to be easy. I'd like to propose that pretty much all of the current administration goes when he does and the new management put in place a team headed by Dalglish and consisting of Rush, maybe Heighway/Yeats to headhunt the new manager. Perhaps the pull of such great players and names will prove decisive in finding and securing someone of the necessary quality. But they'll need persuading.

kealy
28-1-09, 23:14
Crapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcr apcrapcrap

discuss

Batchy123
28-1-09, 23:16
Right I don't like to be proved right here but I did say in teo threads last night that it would be a 1-1 draw.

Now I got a text telling me the team and I was so disappointed I went to football training instead so did not watch the game.

When I left training it was 1-0 when I got back to the house it was 1-1.

So come on guys tell me what it was like before match of the day comes on. I have seen people say Gerrard was subbed and so was Torres. Who did they get subbed for?

chezzy12
28-1-09, 23:18
before people here start spouting that we're at the most competitive for years,we have less money thn united and chelsea or rafa's hands are tied remember this,we had the chance to extend our lead so many times this season and never did,you can blame the players but how can a player play with confidence when he knows he might not play the following week no matter how well he plays in a game,how can a nobody like n'gog get on the bench before a seasoned pro,how can our best player this season be left on the bench for a player who is 22 and being booed by his own fans,why is it that when united chelsea or arsenal get a goal they go for the jugular????

ive backed him as far as i can but he really has lost the plot,thanks for wasting our best chance in years to win this league,united to equal or record,fk me what a come down

Bakuvian_AZ
28-1-09, 23:23
1. RB - sick and tired to his idiotic tactic after 1-0
2. Pellegrino (since his arriving our defence is a laughing stock)
3. Lucas - why this man is wearing the red jersey???
4. Babel- the boy has became nobody.. useless headless chicken
5. aurelio

We desperately need Mourino or Capello. Rafas time is over

Batchy123
28-1-09, 23:24
Right I don't like to be proved right here but I did say in teo threads last night that it would be a 1-1 draw.

Now I got a text telling me the team and I was so disappointed I went to football training instead so did not watch the game.

When I left training it was 1-0 when I got back to the house it was 1-1.

So come on guys tell me what it was like before match of the day comes on. I have seen people say Gerrard was subbed and so was Torres. Who did they get subbed for?

TeenageMutantNinJaSkrtel
28-1-09, 23:28
I'm sorry, but that not League winners form. :crying

Our last win in the league was 28th December, tis now the 28th January.

One whole calender month without a win in the league - relegation form, yet we are still in the top 3 only 2 points behind (granted ManUre have a game in hand and they don't look like losing a game at the mo).

Tell you what sticks in my neck though, no new signings. Surely if we are pushing for our first league title for god knows how long, a big name signing has to come in the January window. Or a semi big signing, just for a boost, even on loan. For flying fred's sake, even bringing back Voronyn from his loan deal!

Something to end this inability to kill off a game.

Surely Rafa wouldn't spite his own face by cutting off his nose by not signing anybody just because he wants total control - I *********g hope not.

A win is needed against Chelsea, who, seemed to have started grinding out results. Anything less and I think those Yanks could be talking to Gus Hiddink or M.O.N, and a flavour from the blue noses - too much to ask?

Biller
28-1-09, 23:29
[B]Agree get Frank Raikard NOW:mad:

vanja74
He has lost it.

Kuyt is playing out of position.
Babel is playing out of position.

We have 4 full back, and they are so baaaaaad!!!!! (Insua is not counted).

Lucas....MY GOD!!!!...forget this penalty, it is not his fault...intelegency....Lusac is THE worst player ever wearing red shirt.

Keane is destroyed.
Kids are not geting any chance (5-10 minutes every 3 months)

There is no future with Rafa....

Biller
[B]Agree get Frank Raikard NOW:mad:

tobitrice
28-1-09, 23:35
Agree. Get him OUT. He will never win the titel for us. Bring Raikard inn NOW:scarf

would rather have rijkaard to be honest.

Biller
28-1-09, 23:36
Agree. Get Frank Rajkard NOW.

ScandinavianReds
28-1-09, 23:37
frankly i'd have king kenny back anytime soon. He may have been out of the scene but he knows the way LFC does things. Benitez has been a disgrace the last few weeks with his unnecessary ranting, and where has it got us? From top to third and the way things are gg, we will do well to finish 4th.

Even bring back Uncle roy if need be, the mess cannot go on.

Eventually maybe steven gerrard can play the role as player manager too.

Ships786
28-1-09, 23:40
on june the 1st a monday,

at 2pm there WILL be a "sack rafa march" outside anfield,

should last an hour

reasons for this date, simple it would be stupid to have a sack rafa march in between the season and we will wait come end of season and see what we achieve, if we win the league(not a chance now) then all's rosey, or we win the champions league AND the f.a cup.

we have won drawn lost

13 8 1

we have drawn the most out of every club in the premier league,

rafa is a great tactician but simple stuff like 2 striker at home, keep gerrard on, lack of will to go forward at home, 2 holding midfielders on the pitch when we need a goal,

simple stuff like that have cost us.

ill post every month about the march,

if you are anti- rafa and would like to see a new manager in charge ie: roberto mancini, rijkaard, hiddink, o'niel, maybe even jose mourinho,

i already have 30+ people up for it, are you?

willing to have an influence?

so if you want a change

sign below

and be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YNWA KEEP SHANKLY'S CLUB GOING UP RATHER THAN DOWN ......SIGN

Paulie2008
I also predicted the same thing on one of my comments. Ive seen it too many times, we bottle leads by playing too deep.

We'll score, then concede sloppily in the last 10 minutes, it happens so many times under this team.

And with Rafa at the moment and the players looking shot, it was fairly predictable considering we are the kings of 1-1 runs and 0-0's.

redpsycho
mourinhio...will come to lfc hands down. trust me.

he wants this job more than any other because he is football man and this club is exactly what he admires, the fans...the history....

obriendj
He should retire and let someone else step in - i cant believe what he is doing?

how did babel play that full game.

i await his comments regards the crap pitch!!

Elninocharlatan
Sack Rafa?

R U out of your mind?

I didn't realise that us Liverpool fans were so meek.

Wot that's it........we've given up already have we?

Do us a favour.......this title race ain't finished yet.

True it has been a frustrating month.........but we have got to get behind Rafa and the lads.

Oh and don't beg our board for anything.......it's those scumbags who are costing us this title challenge!!!!!

BadgersAnonymous
28-1-09, 23:41
When will we learn in the league? Sorry, but I've lost faith in Rafa in the league.

woody
28-1-09, 23:42
4 games, 4 draws. And you're tryign to tell me it had no effect on the players? Sorry, I immediately that it was wrong, ridiculous and would be detrimental and I don't think you can question the accuracy of that. So, Third Paul and all those who tought it was fantastic and even amusing; you were wrong! The man made himself a laughing stock and now he's doing the same with this so-called team.

domino
28-1-09, 23:43
We're 2 points off the top..

MickeyLove
28-1-09, 23:46
We're 2 points off the top..

Utd game in hand with Fulham at home to be played in the no too distant future means we are all but 5 points behind....
Cant defend Rafa after tonight.......I'm never one for giving up though.....

whiteij
MOURINHO would be no better than benitez = both play boring defensive football, and its not the defence we have problems with

ITS ATTACK - we cant do it.

id go for hiddink, someone who knows how to play attacking football. and could get the best out of babel etc

KingLuisNo7
Give over mate. United are going to walk it.

Stop fooling yourself!

Goldenboots
28-1-09, 23:48
I quite agree. My club is Oxford but I have a soft spot for Liverpool and my son has supported them ever since at the age of about six he found out that Oxford were not the best team in the world.

I can see it must be so frustrating to be a Liverpool fan: Benitez gradually sorts out a cracking squad so everyone loves him for that, only then too often finding that he does not play the best team available through overcautiousness and makes substitutions too late and also dreadful decisions with them.

And that is overcautiousness in games Liverpool should be going all out to win if they want the title, meaning too many games like tonight's should be won but are drawn. Just like last season.

Like taking Torres and Gerrard off tonight. Taking Gerrard off with ten minutes to go - the player by far the most likely to score a decisive goal with or without support.

I wonder if the crowd at games will go on singing his praises if they watch Manchester United disappear into the distance because of too many games drawn that should have been won.

And one last thing, I agree that Lucas must be the worst player ever to pull on a Liverpool shirt, or one of the worst. To be honest, whenever i have seen him play I think Oxfird wouldn't want him. He can't pass and he can't tackle except by fouling and shows lttle skill. You would never guess he was a Brazilian !

Jbardo
28-1-09, 23:48
I never thought i would say this but getting Mourinho as our next manager is a must imo.

SweFred
28-1-09, 23:49
we are 5 points behind, belive me! I've also lost faith in rafa but if he leaves he'll probably take torres,reina,alonso,arbeloa with him so I say, let him stay a while longer

44red
28-1-09, 23:49
i concur.its just TOO many draws..inability to go for a second killer goal and the many unfathomable subs..i'm sad to say i dont even believe we'll beat madrid as easily as people think.they're now a more solid team since ramos took over.we might actually go the season trophyless again with our current form.

whitey1234
28-1-09, 23:50
Jesters all of you, if we beat Chelsea on Sunday you will all be saying its on again. Grow up and support the team dissapointed and frustrated yes. Sack the manager no!

charlesbukowski
28-1-09, 23:53
2. Pellegrino (since his arriving our defence is a laughing stock)

yeah we were conceding no goals last year from set pieces, agreed. :rolleyes:

jamiechloe
28-1-09, 23:53
With the squad we have there's loads of managers who could manage this squad to glory..Lets get it straight.Fergie aint some tactican genius...he just knows how to handle players..thats all we need..and im afraid the person we have looks at stats, and the other teams position rather than trust his own team

MacTheKnife76
28-1-09, 23:54
You all make me laugh.. Did you even watch the game? On what grounds can you slate the manager?

Ok so he left out some players that your not happy with but did we not completely dominate the game again tonight, apart from their penalty their first shot came in on the 92nd minute that hit the crossbar..

Apart from one dodgy leg hung out by Lucas I really dont know what to complain about myself.. I would say we should not have got caught with so few players back on that occasion..

As for taking Gerrard off, well its always going to be a debate when you withdraw your best player but whether he was tired or not if you watch the game back, he gave the ball away when it came to him 6 times in a row leading up to his sub.. Very unlike Gerrard, tiredness??

Your frustrated, Im fustrated **** me everybody's frustrated but I still dont see how we can just blame rafa for, yet again, just one single mistake in a match and been so ruthlessly punished..

We are being so unfortunate it actually makes me smile for some sick reason and thats saying somethin after such a result and display..

ScouseSoxNation
28-1-09, 23:55
Whats the saying about not being able to 'get out of your own way"?

redgus
I'm sorry but Rafa has got to go, and quick !!! he is not good enough for our club.

everything i hear and read is about Rafael Benitez and not about Liverpool FC.

the man thinks he is untouchable and bigger than the club itself and for that alone he should be sacked !! FACT !!

not to mention most of the teams he picks and substitutions he makes are utterly unbelievable, most times baffling. there is not one player/supporter/pundit or expert that can understand most of the decisions he makes. the guy has completely lost the plot.

we cannot allow him to continue this madness..... there is only so long he can survive on the back of winning the champions league in 2005.

we will never win the league as long as he is at the helm.

after spending 20 odd million on robbie keane, he then leaves him on the bench, sometimes not in the squad at all. ok robbie has not been firing on all cylinders but he hasn't been givin many chances. if benitez doesnt "rate" him well then surely he shouldn't have spent 20 odd million on him. we wonder why the yanks wont give him transfer funds ???????

it is time for him to go. to be honest he should walk......... if he had any pride he would do the right thing and walk...!!!!!

i love the club as well as eveyone else on this forum, i have faced the truth and it's time for all the rafalovers to do the same. i'm not slagging the man off or bein rude towards him, i am " MERELY STATING FACTS"

PeaTearGryphon
Honestly, tonight was clear evidence of his negative approach. I would like to see the sunshiners gloss this:

First half, pinging the ball around with confidence. Not creating many chances, but playing well enough. Yossi breaks the deadlock.

Come out second half and are absolutely pathetic. Tried to slow the game and "control" the ball. In fact, we handed the initiative to Wigan who have a go at us, and get their goal.

We didn't have the balls to push for the second goal. Absolutely pathetic. 2 league games in a row this has happened. When will you ever learn Rafa?

Judging by this and the other board i browse, Rafa has lost a lot of support tonight

stano123
28-1-09, 23:56
I never thought we would win the title this year, but i expect and demand an improvement, and this is what im so worried about, there i a realistic chance we could finish out of the champions league place if these type of results continue, that would not just be detrimental for the team, but the whole club.

Ive backed rafa a lot this season when you look at the table, but if we dont improve his position we be on a knifes edge.

The draw mentality rears it ugly head once again.

Jbardo
28-1-09, 23:58
I have always backed Rafa, winning the league was always going to take time & he deserved that & finally we looked like we could do it, sadly in the last few games he has completly lost the plot, his subs are beyond a joke at times & theres no doubt in my mind now that we will never win the league under Rafa.

PeaTearGryphon
28-1-09, 23:59
You all make me laugh.. Did you even watch the game? On what grounds can you slate the manager?

Watch the 2 halves then ask yourself that question

Kloppageddon
28-1-09, 23:59
Most are now quite established at new-ish clubs and how attractive do we look? A squad short on real quality; a number of unsettled players (though maybe we don't want some of them anyway next season); the ownership issue as complicated and counter-productive as ever; no promise of any major cash injection; a failed senior management structure; new ground and therefore much needed increased capacity still years away; ManU, Chelsea, Arsenal, ManC and Villa even stronger next season.

Finding Rafa's replacement is not going to be easy. I'd like to propose that pretty much all of the current administration goes when he does and the new management put in place a team headed by Dalglish and consisting of Rush, maybe Heighway/Yeats to headhunt the new manager. Perhaps the pull of such great players and names will prove decisive in finding and securing someone of the necessary quality. But they'll need persuading.

Mate the first paragraph of your thread just sums up why this club is in complete turmoil now. Having said that, all the off field issues do not account for Rafa's poor and incredibly stubborn judgement over the last few months. Two examples: Kuyt , Lucas.

At the moment it is like trying to watch a midget drive a car when he can't see over the dashboard. He stubbornly straps the bake bean cans to his feet, lovingly named Lucas and Kuyt, and floors it. :crying

redheart28
29-1-09, 00:00
Jesters all of you, if we beat Chelsea on Sunday you will all be saying its on again. Grow up and support the team dissapointed and frustrated yes. Sack the manager no!

so your saying you think rafa and his decisions are right??

as a manager you live and die in football terms by your decisions.he has been so negative with his decisions its laughable!!
this is the best chance of competing for the league in nearly 20 years and he is going to throw it all way with his stubborness.
ive always supported rafa but if he let the players off their leash a little bit then these draws could be wins and with united finding form we are again chasing.
if united get 5-6 points clear then for me its finished.we have the squad,we have the the players and although benitez is brilliant in europe he still aint learnt the league.

Thespian
12-3-12, 09:06
2 points behind 1st and the anger is intense....

How I wish we were 2 points behind 1st now. :FP:

cravenz
12-3-12, 09:07
:D

KOPGIRL1971
12-3-12, 09:09
2 points behind 1st and the anger is intense....

How I wish we were 2 points behind 1st now. :FP:

I'm backing Kenny to carry on for another season, but at least our years with Rafa is showing people just how good he really was, and that, with a stable ownership and regular funding, he could have got even better.. Shame it wasn't appreciated at the time.

Thespian
12-3-12, 09:11
I'm backing Kenny to carry on for another season, but at least our years with Rafa is showing people just how good he really was, and that, with a stable ownership and regular funding, he could have got even better.. Shame it wasn't appreciated at the time.

My thoughts exactly KG.

cravenz
12-3-12, 09:12

I think that is the one gripe a lot of people (especially those who support Rafa) have and those who dismiss this should at least accept that the circumstances at the time were not the best. However, every manager has to be able, to some extent, to work within their means and restrictions because not every club has the luxuries that they may want.

I am however, still a fan of Rafa and have much respect for what he did for us (the club), both as an individual and as a manager for us.

KOPGIRL1971
12-3-12, 09:15
I think that is the one gripe a lot of people (especially those who support Rafa) have and those who dismiss this should at least accept that the circumstances at the time were not the best. However, every manager has to be able, to some extent, to work within their means and restrictions because not every club has the luxuries that they may want.

Yes, but the circumstances Rafa had to work under were extraordinary, not only was he battling with the owners, he was also trying to keep the club afloat. No manager should have to be doing that. No wonder he took his eye off the game that last season.

cravenz
12-3-12, 09:23
Yes, but the circumstances Rafa had to work under were extraordinary, not only was he battling with the owners, he was also trying to keep the club afloat. No manager should have to be doing that. No wonder he took his eye off the game that last season.

I agree, though I know some here would disagree. Hence my second para I edited in soon after.

Again, and I quote Pepe, who said that the whole ownership issue was like a "malaise" on the team so it annoys me a fair bit when I see people say that the team wasn't affected in any way.

Thespian
12-3-12, 09:31
Without trying to incite another Rafa debate the point in me bumping this post was really just to show that no matter how well or how badly we are doing.

There will always be whoppers!!!:FP:

lauriantero
12-3-12, 09:31
Wow. Some people really had it in for Rafa. How far we have fallen since those days...

imnofreak
12-3-12, 09:47
Lucas....MY GOD!!!!...forget this penalty, it is not his fault...intelegency....Lusac is THE worst player ever wearing red shirt.

3. Lucas - why this man is wearing the red jersey??

I agree that Lucas must be the worst player ever to pull on a Liverpool shirt, or one of the worst. To be honest, whenever i have seen him play I think Oxfird wouldn't want him. He can't pass and he can't tackle except by fouling and shows lttle skill. You would never guess he was a Brazilian !

jamiechloe
12-3-12, 10:00
when reading this thread you do wonder to yourself is Lucas only good now because the rest aint up to scratch, back then he had to compete with masch and alonso, now its spearing and adam

Just a thought

0oRallo0
12-3-12, 10:01

Congrats on your modship! :scarf

cravenz
12-3-12, 10:04
when reading this thread you do wonder to yourself is Lucas only good now because the rest aint up to scratch, back then he had to compete with masch and alonso, now its spearing and adam

Just a thought

Well...it does make it more glaringly obvious, the gulf in our midfield class. That much is certain.

cravenz
12-3-12, 10:04
Congrats on your modship! :scarf

Thanks mate! :)

Mettatron
12-3-12, 10:07

It could be argued that Kenny has had to work under extraordinary circumstances aswell......... I don't want this to turn into another "is Luis guilty" thread so puttting the "verdict" aside do you think the 3-4months it took for that issue to be resolved had a similar affect on the players as the ownership issue did under Rafa?

For me I think its been a massive factor in our fortunes this season not just the ensueing 8 game ban but the whole media ****storm that surrounded the entire club........ could anyone really concentrate soley on football during that period?

If I was a player and that was one of my mates I'd have struggled NOT to let it affect me.

Given how much KK is intrinsically linked to LFC I think he could also be excused for "taking his eye off the game" as you put it....... I know how infuriating it was for me to see the same **** getting spouted day after day in the media...... there were certainly times when the issue distracted me from my work............ I can't imagine how I'd have reacted if I was actually facing the clueless ***** in press conferances every other day........ it must have played on KK + the players minds constantly as it unfolded.

Thats not excusing the clear mistakes that have been made at times recently regarding team selection/formations/tactics/subs but it is a factor that needs to be concidered when judgeing both KK + the Players this season.

Long live the King!
YNWA

Seanosdelgardo
12-3-12, 10:11
Oh goody, another Rafa thread brought up from the past.

Thespian
12-3-12, 10:12
Oh goody, another Rafa thread brought up from the past.

I think this one though has a bit more about it than just another Rafa thread. IMO it highlights a lot more than just Rafa. It shows the fickleness of fans and also how far we have fallen.

It could be argued that Kenny has had to work under extraordinary circumstances aswell......... I don't want this to turn into another "is Luis guilty" thread so puttting the "verdict" aside do you think the 3-4months it took for that issue to be resolved had a similar affect on the players as the ownership issue did under Rafa?

For me I think its been a massive factor in our fortunes this season not just the ensueing 8 game ban but the whole media ****storm that surrounded the entire club........ could anyone really concentrate soley on football during that period?

If I was a player and that was one of my mates I'd have struggled NOT to let it affect me.

Given how much KK is intrinsically linked to LFC I think he could also be excused for "taking his eye off the game" as you put it....... I know how infuriating it was for me to see the same **** getting spouted day after day in the media...... there were certainly times when the issue distracted me from my work............ I can't imagine how I'd have reacted if I was actually facing the clueless ***** in press conferances every other day........ it must have played on KK + the players minds constantly as it unfolded.

Thats not excusing the clear mistakes that have been made at times recently regarding team selection/formations/tactics/subs but it is a factor that needs to be concidered when judgeing both KK + the Players this season.

Long live the King!
YNWA

I agree to an extent but then Kenny has had 100 mil to spend, whereas Rafa never really did.

When Benitez came close to spending 100 mil, whether you think he wasted it or not, we still put in our strongest and most genuine title challenge in over 20 years and absolutely demolished some of the worlds greatest teams.

But that argument has been done to death.

Em-inLeam
12-3-12, 10:13
Well...it does make it more glaringly obvious, the gulf in our midfield class. That much is certain.

We went from the best midfield in the world to the worst.

cravenz
12-3-12, 10:17

I'd say that is exaggerating things a little, but it is fair comment to say that our midfield has potentially gone backwards. However, it was always helpful that we had Gerrard as the supporting striker, a more advanced midfield position, to close that gap between the DM and CM to the striker (Torres). We now have two in the middle and a gap in between them and the strikers.

Seanosdelgardo
12-3-12, 10:21
I think this one though has a bit more about it than just another Rafa thread. IMO it highlights a lot more than just Rafa. It shows the fickleness of fans and also how far we have fallen.

Sorry Thesp, just far too many of them of late. Now is the time that we need to get behind one of the greatest legends of this club when he needs us, and not continuously go on about a manager who isnt here anymore, pining about what may have been.

Seanosdelgardo
12-3-12, 10:22

You think we have the worst midfield in the world?

Mettatron
12-3-12, 10:25
I agree to an extent but then Kenny has had 100 mil to spend, whereas Rafa never did.

When Benitez came close to spending 100 mil, whether you think he wasted it or not, we still put in a genuine and strong title challenge.

True but if yopur going to go that route you have to compare the relative strengths of the opposition for the top spots........ did Rafa face a city side who blew 3 times his budget every season?......... a Tottenham side spending equally with him every year?

Most inportantly Rafa could offer CL football and thus atract the top players......... KK hasnt got that carrot......... let alone the ability to match/beat his rivals wage offers....... Rafa could offer CL football + could match everyone bar chabski + the scum when it came to wages......... its a BIG factor in who you can atract to the club......... would we really have gone for the Adams/Downings/Carrols if we could have matched citys/chavskis wages and CL football or would we have ALSO been in for the Agueros/Matas/Silvas level of players?

Its impossible to know for sure ofc but Kenny took over with us in a far worse position than Rafa did with conciderably stiffer competition across the board not just for the top spot but for players/staff and everything else.

The EPL now is allmost unrecognisable from the EPL when Rafa took the helm.

Thespian
12-3-12, 10:26
Sorry Thesp, just far too many of them of late. Now is the time that we need to get behind one of the greatest legends of this club when he needs us, and not continuously go on about a manager who isnt here anymore, pining about what may have been.
;)

0oRallo0
12-3-12, 10:27

I agree about getting behind Kenny, he has my backing for a few years, but equally i dont get why there are a number of people showing outright disrespect to Rafa. Im not saying you are. But there are those who disgust me. I also feel that if Kenny for what ever reason leaves the managers position vacant there would be no better man that Rafa in my eyes.

Seanosdelgardo
12-3-12, 10:29
I agree about getting behind Kenny, he has my backing for a few years, but equally i dont get why there are a number of people showing outright disrespect to Rafa. Im not saying you are. But there are those who disgust me. I also feel that if Kenny for what ever reason leaves the managers position vacant there would be no better man that Rafa in my eyes.

No one is showing disrespect for Rafa. If anything there is a lot of disrespect for Kenny on these boards, highlighted by people banging on about wanting Rafa back.

Kennys been in charge for 14 months FFS.

Thespian
12-3-12, 10:30
True but if yopur going to go that route you have to compare the relative strengths of the opposition for the top spots........ did Rafa face a city side who blew 3 times his budget every season?......... a Tottenham side spending equally with him every year?.

While you are right with regards to City, under Ramos and Redknapp Spurs outspent us massively. But it's an argument that's been done to death and not really the reason for this thread.:)

SweetSilverSeven
12-3-12, 10:30
I know it's just knee-jerking and emotional comments after a disappointing result..... but WOW!! :D

RAWRR
12-3-12, 10:31
Big NO to Rafa he is just as bad as Kenny at buying player's

Buy a 20m player for show on the bench then sell him

Sunraged
12-3-12, 10:32
Big NO to Rafa he is just as bad as Kenny at buying player's

Buy a 20m player for show on the bench then sell him

Name me a manager with a 100% success rate with transfers.

RAWRR
12-3-12, 10:36
There is no manager with 100% success but Rafa was **** at buying player's

0oRallo0
12-3-12, 10:38
No one is showing disrespect for Rafa. If anything there is a lot of disrespect for Kenny on these boards, highlighted by people banging on about wanting Rafa back.

Kennys been in charge for 14 months FFS.

I have seen plenty of snide comments regarding Rafa the last year. Even to the point that people were happy he did not do well at inter just to prove themselves correct about jumping on his back here.

I dont think there is anything wrong with identifying managers, but i know what you are saying, people are identifying managers for next season, even mourinho has been mentioned which is bang out of order.

Em-inLeam
12-3-12, 10:38

That's a daft statement; Alonso, Torres, Mascherano, Sissoko, Arbeloa, Riera, Aurelio, Agger, Skrtel, Reina, Yossi, Garcia, Crouch, Bellamy, Lucas, Kuyt and Johnson are just a few who dispell that theory.

Sunraged
12-3-12, 10:39

I don't know where to start with that, I really don't.

RAWRR
12-3-12, 10:45
Keane 20m

Aquilani 18m

Babel 12m

Arbaloa was **** until the last year he was here

Dossena 8m

Morinties **** knows how much he cost

Nunez

El zhar

The other CM jouse or something can't remember

Seanosdelgardo
12-3-12, 10:48
I have seen plenty of snide comments regarding Rafa the last year. Even to the point that people were happy he did not do well at inter just to prove themselves correct about jumping on his back here.

I dont think there is anything wrong with identifying managers, but i know what you are saying, people are identifying managers for next season, even mourinho has been mentioned which is bang out of order.

2 points of highlighted.

Any one jumping on Rafa's back for failing at Inter was a ****. There was no need for it.....but equally those who come up with excuses after excuse for the man for his failings, of which along with his good points he has many, are equally as ****tish.

The second thing is, Identifying managers while Kenny is still here is stuff that kids do, of which there are plenty about on here. Most of those slagging Kenny off are under the age of 25 I'm guessing and dont remember who the man is and what he's done for this club. I hope they all fall under a bus personally. This isnt blind faith with the King. For me he gets another year regardless of where we finish this year. I've seen enough games this year to know we are heading in the right direction and simply lack a clinical finisher and a winger to finish games off.

I'm not going to get into the Mourinho debate as there are plenty of sides to that argument.

0oRallo0
12-3-12, 10:48
Keane 20m

Aquilani 18m

Babel 12m

Dossena 8m

Nunez

El zhar

Nice one, seems you forgot to throw alonso, mash, reina, torres, Arbeloa etc in your list. Carry on through proving your point without all the facts.

Seanosdelgardo
12-3-12, 10:49
Keane 20m

Aquilani 18m

Babel 12m

Dossena 8m

Nunez

El zhar

Dumbest post ever....and its Arbeloa you tard.

RAWRR
12-3-12, 10:49
O yeah and he's famous facts

I was pointing out he's flops

RedCherries
12-3-12, 10:51
Keane 20m

Aquilani 18m

Babel 12m

Dossena 8m

Nunez

El zhar

Were you disappointed when we signed Morientes, Keane and Babel?

Em-inLeam
12-3-12, 10:52

The point is all managers have flops; what's your point?

Seanosdelgardo
12-3-12, 10:52

I could point of Fergie's and Mourinho's flops...does that make them bad in the transfer market?

RAWRR
12-3-12, 10:53
But they win things we hardly did after the FA cup

Em-inLeam
12-3-12, 10:55

We made a Champions League final the season after winning the FA Cup and then came second a few seasons after that after running Utd very close to the title. A Utd team with Tevez, Rooney and Ronaldo.

Seanosdelgardo
12-3-12, 10:58

Now your changing the point, you said he was bad in the transfer market, then named about 6 players. Em named about 15-20 players who were a success.

Being that I can name a lot of players Fergie and Jose bought who were ****, I ask again, are Fergie and Mourninho bad in the transfer market too?

RAWRR
12-3-12, 10:59
Then what look at us now most of it is he's fault
****in hell Alonso for Barry says all
Then buys Aquilani and never uses him

RAWRR
12-3-12, 11:00
Now your changing the point, you said he was bad in the transfer market, then named about 6 players. Em named about 15-20 players who were a success.

Being that I can name a lot of players Fergie and Jose bought who were ****, I ask again, are Fergie and Mourninho bad in the transfer market too? Not as bad as Rafa

Em-inLeam
12-3-12, 11:00

Fergie sold Stam too early, Mourinho sold Robben; what's your point again?

0oRallo0
12-3-12, 11:01
2 points of highlighted.

Any one jumping on Rafa's back for failing at Inter was a ****. There was no need for it.....but equally those who come up with excuses after excuse for the man for his failings, of which along with his good points he has many, are equally as ****tish.

The second thing is, Identifying managers while Kenny is still here is stuff that kids do, of which there are plenty about on here. Most of those slagging Kenny off are under the age of 25 I'm guessing and dont remember who the man is and what he's done for this club. I hope they all fall under a bus personally. This isnt blind faith with the King. For me he gets another year regardless of where we finish this year. I've seen enough games this year to know we are heading in the right direction and simply lack a clinical finisher and a winger to finish games off.

I'm not going to get into the Mourinho debate as there are plenty of sides to that argument.

I think we are in basic agreement that either manager does not deserve the disrespect they have been getting. Fair enough regarding you view on identifying future managers. Im over 25 and like to keep an eye on what might be round the corner. Its no different than keeping an eye on a young player.

RAWRR
12-3-12, 11:02
They still one things
Rafa losses Alonso and we turn into a mid table team

RAWRR
12-3-12, 11:03
Hate typing on my phone :(

Robo-Joe
12-3-12, 11:04

Em-inLeam
12-3-12, 11:04
They still one things
Rafa losses Alonso and we turn into a mid table team

Chelsea lost Robben and won nothing, same as Utd when they lost Stam.

It happens. No manager is ever 100% right in what they do. They are all human.

Em-inLeam
12-3-12, 11:05
I think we are in basic agreement that either manager does not deserve the disrespect they have been getting. Fair enough regarding you view on identifying future managers. Im over 25 and like to keep an eye on what might be round the corner. Its no different than keeping an eye on a young player.

Very well said.

Seanosdelgardo
12-3-12, 11:09
Not as bad as Rafa

Jose signings off the top of my head

Asier Del Horno
Jiri Jarosik
Tiago
Mateja Kezman
Khalid Boulahrouz
Ben Sahar Hapoel
Andrei Shevchenko (harsh to include him as its was Romans signing but you started it)
Claudio Pizarro
Steve Sidwell

Remind me how all those worked out again.......

0oRallo0
12-3-12, 11:09

How bad of a fan am i? I didnt even notice selling alonso and using the money to buy barry.

Em-inLeam
12-3-12, 11:10
Jose signings off the top of my head

Asier Del Horno
Jiri Jarosik
Tiago
Mateja Kezman
Khalid Boulahrouz
Ben Sahar Hapoel
Andrei Shevchenko (harsh to include him as its was Romans signing but you started it)
Claudio Pizarro
Steve Sidwell

Remind me how all those worked out again.......

Not forgetting Scott Parker

SuperSi
12-3-12, 11:10

I agree to an extent but then Kenny has had 100 mil to spend, whereas Rafa never really did.

When Benitez came close to spending 100 mil, whether you think he wasted it or not, we still put in our strongest and most genuine title challenge in over 20 years and absolutely demolished some of the worlds greatest teams.

But that argument has been done to death.

It is a good point though. I still thank Rafab could have done better at times with what he had, but with Man City / Chelsea monies it could have been quite different, I do agree with that. Having said all that, that ain't gonna happen now so people calling for him to come back are IMHO wrong, and they are best leaving him on that pedestal than seeing him fall off it.

Seanosdelgardo
12-3-12, 11:11
Not forgetting Scott Parker

Parker was a Ranieri signing.

Em-inLeam
12-3-12, 11:12
Parker was a Ranieri signing.

Ahh fair do's.

Tal Ben Haim?

baglanboy
12-3-12, 11:15
Benitez is one of only two of our managers that are happily and openly disrespected on almost a daily basis ( the other obviously is Roy). When the people doing the disrespecting ( be it from he's not even a manager now, he cant buy players, he cant build a team, Istanbul was a fluke, look how he ruined Inter Leonardo saved them) are asked about it, that they are doing exactly the same as the people they shout down for any critiscism of managers present or past, they counter with this chestnut "I dont mind Rafa, I dont like the fans that reckon he never made a mistake".

This is possibly up with "I'm not racist but....." - I've never seen on these forums fans who believe Benitez was infallible, I havent seen fans who have announced that Benitez never made a mistake. All i've seen is disrespect given to an ex Liverpool manager whilst bemoaning the fact that there is grumbling about Kenny or whomever and that isnt the all encompassing "Liverpool Way".

I'm sure i'll now be branded a Rafa apologist or something but I just find it a disgrace to be honest and lets not forget in the final season, there were plenty on here using the horrible sobriquet that opposing fans had daubed him - FSW - disgraceful.

Seanosdelgardo
12-3-12, 11:16
Ahh fair do's.

Tal Ben Haim?

Unfair to include him. Good player who never really got chance due to Jose being sacked a few games into the season.

Em-inLeam
12-3-12, 11:22
Unfair to include him. Good player who never really got chance due to Jose being sacked a few games into the season.

He got his chance under Grant but was used in the wrong position; so like you say perhaps a tad unfair.

Euro-77-78-81-84-05
12-3-12, 14:30
but Rafa was **** at buying player's

Must sell Pepe, Kuyt, Lucas, Agger, Skrtel, Johnson from our current players then. Then there's all the other signings people have already pointed out to you.

But they win things

Oh right, you are changing it now. You get pointed out how others have made poor signings, so it changes to how they win things. Well why then did you say Rafa is as bad as Dalglish at signings.

Dalglish has won a trophy this season, under your theory it doesn't matter if Dalglish makes mistakes with signings. If Man Utd and Man City both fail to win in Europe, one of them will end the season winning nothing. Would under your theory mean we've made better signings then they have.

Really didn't think your post out did you, and again when you changed things to try and suit your agenda.

0oRallo0
12-3-12, 14:33
Must sell Pepe, Kuyt, Lucas, Agger, Skrtel, Johnson from our current players then. Then there's all the other signings people have already pointed out to you.

Oh right, you are changing it now. You get pointed out how others have made poor signings, so it changes to how they win things. Well why then did you say Rafa is as bad as Dalglish at signings.

Dalglish has won a trophy this season, under your theory it doesn't matter if Dalglish makes mistakes with signings. If Man Utd and Man City both fail to win in Europe, one of them will end the season winning nothing. Would under your theory mean we've made better signings then they have.

Really didn't think your post out did you, and again when you changed things to try and suit your agenda.

I think he forgot we won the CL and FA cup and got within smelling distance of the PL. We were mighty close.

WindyShepherdHenderson
12-3-12, 14:35
No manager is infallible in the transfer market. It's when you waste the limited resources you have that it gets made an issue of.

GeorgeLFC
12-3-12, 14:42
What I hate most is the way the English media treated him. It's cringe worthy to see how Redknapp & Hodgson who had one good campaign in Europe suddenly became tactical masters and best managers in the world but this man with his amazing achievements in past and continuous dominance in Europe year after year never got the respect he deserved in the media.

Em-inLeam
12-3-12, 14:46
No manager is infallible in the transfer market. It's when you waste the limited resources you have that it gets made an issue of.

Exacticomolli

0oRallo0
12-3-12, 14:47
What I hate most is the way the English media treated him. It's cringe worthy to see how Redknapp & Hodgson who had one good campaign in Europe suddenly became tactical masters and best managers in the world but this man with his amazing achievements in past and continuous dominance in Europe year after year never got the respect he deserved in the media.

Hodgson licking fergies ass the other day made me sick thinking he was our manager.

GeorgeLFC
12-3-12, 14:56
Hodgson licking fergies ass the other day made me sick thinking he was our manager.

Roy is disgusting and Rafa was always an outsider coz he refused to join that club and actually took on SAF.

I still remember Sky portraying A'rry as a great hero taking Spurs to QF of CL and making England proud. WTF? What about LFC dominating Europe and thrashing top teams year after year? Just coz our manager was Spanish? Media in this country sucks.

Thespian
12-3-12, 14:57

I actually was sick when he became our manager...

WindyShepherdHenderson
12-3-12, 15:32

And the award for Superfan of the year goes to...

NYscouser
12-3-12, 15:38
frankly i'd have king kenny back anytime soon. He may have been out of the scene but he knows the way LFC does things. Benitez has been a disgrace the last few weeks with his unnecessary ranting, and where has it got us? From top to third and the way things are gg, we will do well to finish 4th.

Even bring back Uncle roy if need be, the mess cannot go on.

Eventually maybe steven gerrard can play the role as player manager too.

Its funny how everyone was ********** off becausewe were in 3rd place at the time, wanting to sack the manager......yet we are in 7th ATM and what 3 points from being in 14th.....and that is acceptable........shows how far we have fallen in 3 years :FP:

Thespian
12-3-12, 15:40
And the award for Superfan of the year goes to...

:Bleurgh!!!!:

GeorgeLFC
12-3-12, 15:41

should last an hour

reasons for this date, simple it would be stupid to have a sack rafa march in between the season and we will wait come end of season and see what we achieve, if we win the league(not a chance now) then all's rosey, or we win the champions league AND the f.a cup.

we have won drawn lost

13 8 1

rafa is a great tactician but simple stuff like 2 striker at home, keep gerrard on, lack of will to go forward at home, 2 holding midfielders on the pitch when we need a goal,

if you are anti- rafa and would like to see a new manager in charge ie: roberto mancini, rijkaard, hiddink, o'niel, maybe even jose mourinho,

so if you want a change

sign below

Thespian
12-3-12, 15:46

30???
Aww!! Bless!!!

Em-inLeam
12-3-12, 15:46

Hois name and his face didn't fit in with our club; neither did his personaliy (or lack of).

Sunraged
12-3-12, 15:47

should last an hour

we have won drawn lost

13 8 1

so if you want a change

sign below

Rumour has it the march went ahead, Ships gave the other protester a crog down to the ground.

shody1976
12-3-12, 15:49

Totally agree mate. Rafa stood up for the club against the whoppers in the media and assorted managers in the Fergie fan club and they didn't like it, so they tried to make him out to be some sort of clown. This is what gets my back up when I hear people constantly whinging that Kenny should treat the press with more respect. They showed no respect to Rafa, and have tried to drag the clubs name through the mud during the Suarez affair. You tell me why anyone associated with this club should show the press any respect?

Em-inLeam
12-3-12, 15:51
Totally agree mate. Rafa stood up for the club against the whoppers in the media and assorted managers in the Fergie fan club and they didn't like it, so they tried to make him out to be some sort of clown. This is what gets my back up when I hear people constantly whinging that Kenny should treat the press with more respect. They showed no respect to Rafa, and have tried to drag the clubs name through the mud during the Suarez affair. You tell me why anyone associated with this club should show the press any respect?

Exactly mate, 100% agree with you there.

GeorgeLFC
12-3-12, 15:51
we will wait come end of season and see what we achieve, if we win the league(not a chance now) then all's rosey, or we win the champions league AND the f.a cup.

I love the minimum criteria required for the manager to avoid the sack. :D