PDA

View Full Version : Let's buy Roque Santa Cruz

demanagainagain
21-2-09, 18:25
He has a 20 million release clause and wants to go to a bigger club in the summer. I think he is as good as Berbatov. I am b
Not saying he is the same player except for both being centre forwards.
I think him and Torres would be a lethal pairing

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
21-2-09, 18:28
He is nowhere near as good as Berbatov, and is worth maybe half the fee you mentioned.

stevenc
21-2-09, 18:28
The only team willing to pay 20m for Santa Cruz is Man City

He's not worth that much!

KanyeWest
21-2-09, 18:30
Paying 20m for Santa Cruz is almost as bad as paying 18m for Barry and 20m for Keane:)

AdoptedScouser1010
21-2-09, 18:32
Even before the goal, I was thinking he might be a useful player, but not at that price, unfortunately. We'd also be in a similar position to when we had Keane in that we'd have to change a system that suits all of our other players to accommodate him. I'd rather see Diego for that price, as I think he'd be better with Torres and Gerrard than Santa Cruz would, as he offers more of a different proposition to defenders.

Snippes
21-2-09, 18:32
Paying 20m for Santa Cruz is as bad as paying 18m for Barry and 20m for Keane:( So id rather the 'big bucks' were left to spend on quality players;)

:D:D

Never thought there could be much worse than those things you metioned, especially the 18MM for Barry...but this gets pretty close. If this season has taught us anything after his first season, he is nowhere near worth that amount of coin.

darrenm1832000
21-2-09, 18:33
He has a 20 million release clause and wants to go to a bigger club in the summer. I think he is as good as Berbatov. I am b

Your Joking Right???

20 million????? thats 12 million too much. Seriously if were looking to spend 20million we would be looking at someone like David Villa.

Plus where you getting all this money all of a sudden???

ArchieR
21-2-09, 18:35
He is not as good as Keane, enough said:D

Mainstan
21-2-09, 18:36
no thanks to santa. i would break the bank to get agureo from athletico.

sevenman
21-2-09, 18:36
I'd like us to sign him but not at that price 10 is more acceptable.

domino
21-2-09, 18:39

Would this thread even be here if he hadn't just scored against the scum? I'm certain it wouldnt :rolleyes:

HeyMacaReina
21-2-09, 18:51

Let him go to a bigger club then. Newcastle, Tottenham or Man City is about his level. He would be a bench warmer here which would mean he would be leaving for first team football the season after he arrived and we would not get anywhere near 20million for him.

farlored12
21-2-09, 18:58
He is nowhere near as good as Berbatov, and is worth maybe half the fee you mentioned.

Another fantastic response from Hig without an actual argument to back it up.

I happen to agree with you:eek: but I'l give a reason- he is technically better and has the ability to create as well as score.

SpecialWon
21-2-09, 19:05

just like higg said... 20 million for him is something i wouldn't even pay in LaLa land...

maybe for 10 or 12 MAX.

and for god's sake.... we don't need to add anymore mediocre players in our squad.. we got enough.... we just need to make one great signing per season.

we should have close to 40 million this summer, blow it all on 1 world class signing a number 10 or a silva... problem solved.

tegs
21-2-09, 19:47
just like higg said... 20 million for him is something i wouldn't even pay in LaLa land...

maybe for 10 or 12 MAX.

and for god's sake.... we don't need to add anymore mediocre players in our squad.. we got enough.... we just need to make one great signing per season.

we should have close to 40 million this summer, blow it all on 1 world class signing a number 10 or a silva... problem solved.

did you just say roque santa cruz is a mediocre player???

demanagainagain
21-2-09, 19:49
Unfortunately most players value are inflated nowadays. The money for him would be the money we got from the sale of Keane. I would much rather see David Villa in a red shirt but unless we get new owners that is not going to happen
I think Santa Cruz is technically aware, strong and has pace.
Most people do not think that Barry is worth 18 million except O'Neill and his chairman, they are the ones that matter
I do not remember anybody here saying R Keane was a bad buy last summer, in fact most people thought he was the missing piece of the jigsaw

Thespian
21-2-09, 22:23
As we have seen with Cisse, Keane and Crouch there is only a certain type of striker who seems to be able to thrive as Rafa's Liverpool spearhead .

Torres has already proved he can do it.

So to play up top on their own in Rafa's preferred 4-5-1 formation future Liverpool centre forwards would need to have pace, the ability to hold the ball up well, and be decent at finishing.

From the top of my head, although I am not suggesting we sign these guys and some are better players than others, strikers who I feel would thrive here would include

Drogba
Ibrahimovic
Adriano
Rooney
Eto'o
Anelka
Heskey

Santa Cruz as shown against the Mancs would also be very capable of playing up top on his own.

As cover for Torres he would be an excellent acquisition.

Andyfagan
21-2-09, 22:25
Not a bad replacement for Torres but he won't want to come here to do that. Wouldn't get in to the first XI regularly and therefore a 20m fee can't be justified.

skrteltheturtle89
21-2-09, 22:29
apparently rovers have promised he can leave if he saves them from relegation. if he doesnt, he will go anyway.

do i want him? no thank you :)

king-Carra
21-2-09, 22:32
Another Keane in my opinion. A top four side would be a level too high for him.

Fowi
22-2-09, 09:48
He's not a very good player.

Mabsy
1-4-12, 02:14
Your Joking Right???

20 million????? thats 12 million too much. Seriously if were looking to spend 20million we would be looking at someone like David Villa.

Plus where you getting all this money all of a sudden???
not these days, he was 40 million! nowadays it looks like sanat cruz would have bee a better buy than carroll hendo or downing the bottler

RiiseAgainst
1-4-12, 02:26
not these days, he was 40 million! nowadays it looks like sanat cruz would have bee a better buy than carroll hendo or downing the bottler

:FP:

HerrKlopp
1-4-12, 02:32

I'm so glad you bumped this old thread. It's totally relevant to our current situation.

Mabsy
1-4-12, 02:37
I'm so glad you bumped this old thread. It's totally relevant to our current situation.
lol, sorry i couldnt help it! was actually searching for something else and then thought santa cruz would be a good swap for carroll! would anyone swap anyone for carroll though? defo not tevez for carroll, that was good dreaming though