PDA

View Full Version : That's Mourinho and Ibrahimovic debates put to bed!

SGBE
11-3-09, 21:19
Please let's not have any more threads about how "world class" these two are.

BadgersAnonymous
11-3-09, 21:20

Mourinho evidently is. Ibra evidently isn't.

Simo429
11-3-09, 21:21

so if we lose on saturday and torres and stevie dont do alot rafa, and the two players wont be world class?

ForkHandles
11-3-09, 21:21
i hope inter score one then Mourinho scores a diving header off a Zlatan cross just to prove you wrong

BadgersAnonymous
11-3-09, 21:22
so if we lose on saturday and torres and stevie dont do alot rafa, and the two players wont be world class?

Torres and Stevie consistently do it against the very best. Ibra consistently flops.

GreenRed
11-3-09, 21:22
i hope inter score one then Mourinho scores a diving header off a Zlatan cross just to prove you wrong

you tool, mourinho cant come on, inter have used all their subs

Simo429
11-3-09, 21:24
Torres and Stevie consistently do it against the very best. Ibra consistently flops.

well man utd are the very best

cant remember seeing stevie have too many great performances against man utd over the years!

ForkHandles
11-3-09, 21:24
you tool, mourinho cant come on, inter have used all their subs

my bad :o

Rod19ers
11-3-09, 21:26
Don't think you can judge people off one game.

However prior to this game i've always thought that Ibrahimovic is too inconsistant to be world class and Rafa is better than Mourinho. And i'm sure that no matter what happens in this game now, my opinion won't change.

domino
11-3-09, 21:29
Zlatan is average.

Graggster
11-3-09, 21:30

Correct

Ayub
11-3-09, 21:38
Iba is one of the biggest pile of c**P I have seen - overated - period

SGBE
11-3-09, 21:40
Given their reputations, both are flops in the CL.

Before some smartart pipes up about Porto, I am now seeing it more and more as a fluke.

Graggster
11-3-09, 21:41

Before some smartart pipes up about Porto, I am now seeing it more and more as a fluke.

He also won the uefa cup at porto.. so hardly a fluke

blaze31
11-3-09, 21:45
Iba is one of the biggest pile of c**P I have seen - overated - period

Zlatan is average.

totally agree again he had to 3 decent chances tonight flopped everyone! very average player, i wouldnt have him at liverpool thats for sure rather take voronin back

SGBE
11-3-09, 21:46

So did Juande Ramos ... TWICE!

tegs
11-3-09, 21:48
ibras finishing was shocking tonight...

ORLY-YARLY
11-3-09, 21:54
Mourinho is a great manager. That is for sure.

But Ibrahimovic is average.

Wowbagger
11-3-09, 22:04
ibra is 27-28 i think. And he has terrible record against any top side he has faced till now.
You have to think that in a good team like inter, he would have got chances like he did today as well. He even got chances against us. And is it a coincidence that every time we think this is the big match he will perform , he does not come up with the goods. Someone else does it for inter or nobody else does. But he is not there most of the times when the awards are given for the positive moments of the match after a big match.

So why is that a snap judgement thinking he is not good enough to be counted in words top top players. His touch, control and passing is very good. But that makes no difference unless you make critical contributions which a central striker has to do.

If torres , gerrard, ronaldo do not score or play well on saturday then it means that they did not play that day.
But already torres and ronaldo have scored critical goals in big big matches against top teams like arsenal,chelsea, real, or liverpool, inter, chelsea and so on. And gerrard has too much credit in big matches (except manu) to be counted here.
Messi has already ripped real 2-3 times. And he usually is the best player on the pitch in any match he plays.

slimman
11-3-09, 22:17
So when it matters most in the knock-out stages Inter Milan have played 360 minutes of football over the last 2 seasons and scored Zero goals.

This is of course despite having 2 "world class" managers and "world class" players in that time. These are not one off games where maybe managers and players have an off day, it's just atrocious on all levels.

We can be overly critical of Rafa, but he and the players are not serving that up but yet some want Maureen because he's a "winner"......

Rod19ers
11-3-09, 22:44

Rafa has won the UEFA Cup

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
11-3-09, 22:54

Was Rafa's 2005 win a fluke?

sevenman
11-3-09, 22:58

Some would say yes, but they would be mad. You don't fluke a champions league win.

-Gola-
11-3-09, 22:58
mourinho's tactics were shocking tonight, especially in the second half

man utd are extremely strong down the middle, ferdinand and vidic are probably the best central pair in the world, yet time and time again his team went through the middle.

are they thick or what these managers. jose is clearly a fantastic manager and has proved it for many years now but he got it badly wrong tonight

awful stuff

then there's zlatan, what can you say he bottles it again on the main stage. poor performance

Andyfagan
11-3-09, 23:00
Ibrahimovich possesses an otherworldy amount of technique, but he's horribly inconsistent. If he decides he wants to play football, you can't defend against him. However, him deciding that doesn't seem to happen often enough for him to be given the "world class" tag.

MickeyLove
11-3-09, 23:00

I think it would be harsh to call Porto's win a fluke, but what I will say is that Rafa's subsequent record in the CL compared to Jose's record does lead me to believe that the 05 win was more down to the manager than the 04 win.....

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
11-3-09, 23:06
I think it would be harsh to call Porto's win a fluke, but what I will say is that Rafa's subsequent record in the CL compared to Jose's record does lead me to believe that the 05 win was more down to the manager than the 04 win.....

Yeah i agree. My point is to try and discredit either win is ridiculous.

MickeyLove
11-3-09, 23:08
Yeah i agree. My point is to try and discredit either win is ridiculous.

Oh yeah totally agree with that.....

slimman
11-3-09, 23:13

What amazes me on all this is that because Rafa gets labelled as just a "European Cup manager" why haven't all these other managers been back to finals year upon year since it's so easy?

They have had far more ideal set-ups but yet there is always some excuse.....we always seem to play the out of form teams like Barcelona, Real, Juventus, Chelsea etc

gedzredz
11-3-09, 23:17
Great manager that Mourinho is, and great entertainment, I would hate to see him here.
His behaviour in pimping himself for the United job is a disgrace.
He was swaning around Old Trafford like he owned the place and called in to see Ferguson before the match tonight, how disloyal is this to Inter and their fans?

On Zlatan, he has undoubted skill, some of his control in the first half tonight was great, but he is a huge let down on every big occasion I've seen.

SGBE
11-3-09, 23:20

Agree ... my point is that Mourinho, since he left Porto, has not delivered on the European stage. Even Avram Grant bettered his record at Chelsea!

Rod19ers
11-3-09, 23:41
Agree ... my point is that Mourinho, since he left Porto, has not delivered on the European stage. Even Avram Grant bettered his record at Chelsea!

Only hasn't delivered thanks to us. We knocked him out, twice!

SGBE
11-3-09, 23:52
Only hasn't delivered thanks to us. We knocked him out, twice!

Yup ... we did send him packing to Italy ... not much has changed by the looks of it hehe

grenny158
12-3-09, 10:50
Mourinho is a good manager, you cannot doubt that - he knows his stuff and gets results .. not just because he has had money to work with either. If you call him a bad manager or overrated, you clearly know very little about football or are horribly biased.

Ibrahimovic is a good player, that's all he is and ever will be. He is very overrated by many - he never was or will be world class or anything near it. He is NOT a bad player either .. and I certainly would not want him anywhere near Liverpool - he is not good enough for us.

welshypool
12-3-09, 10:52
Ibrahimovic is a good player, that's all he is and ever will be. He is very overrated by many - he never was or will be world class or anything near it. He is NOT a bad player either .. and I certainly would not want him anywhere near Liverpool - he is not good enough for us.

Though I don't think last nights game confirms Ibra's status, it just underlines what I already thought and what some have stated many times, he ain't world class.
Agree Grenny, top player domestically but so was Kevin Phillips;)

Chickenliver
12-3-09, 10:56

cant remember seeing stevie have too many great performances against man utd over the years!

Seriously pass me the sick bucket! :sleepy:

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
12-3-09, 11:15
Agree Grenny, top player domestically but so was Kevin Phillips;)

No he wasn't. He had one really good season, a lot of average ones, and won nothing.

Ludicrous to compare his situation to Ibra.

Chris-Ninis
12-3-09, 12:25
There isn't a team in world football that he wouldn't start for. Stop it.

-Gola-
12-3-09, 12:30

there is,

US

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
12-3-09, 12:31

He wouldn't start for the mancs, barca, or us with one up front.

18-carra-gold
12-3-09, 12:34
there would've been a small arguement to call 05 a fluke if it weren't for the fact that we have got to a final and semi final in the following 3 seasons

Chris-Ninis
12-3-09, 12:36
there is,

US

He wouldn't start for the mancs, barca, or us with one up front.

A guy like him would be accommodated in our team, he would play for the Mancs (better player than Tevez, Berbatov and Rooney) and as for Barca depending on who they are playing, but I'll give you that.

Thespian
12-3-09, 12:36

It was a fluke.

In the Utd Porto game when Jose slid down the touchline Utd had a good goal disallowed while Porto's winner was way off side.

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
12-3-09, 12:39
A guy like him would be accommodated in our team, he would play for the Mancs (better player than Tevez, Berbatov and Rooney) and as for Barca depending on who they are playing, but I'll give you that.

Tevez/Berb/Rooney>Ibra.

PassionInMyPants
I think he'd make a great addition to our team:

Target man: yes

Skill/creativity: yes

Scores goals: Yes

Big game player: No

Do we need a big game player: No

Rips average to lower level teams apart: Yes

Do we need someone who can do the above: Yes

Dousty
In the Utd Porto game when Jose slid down the touchline Utd had a good goal disallowed while Porto's winner was way off side.

I remember it well. What a great night :D

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
12-3-09, 12:40
It was a fluke.

What about our goal against Chelsea?

PassionInMyPants
12-3-09, 12:41

^ Couldn't have imagined a finer goal...! ;)

Thespian
12-3-09, 12:42

We were actually unlucky with that decision as we should have been playing against 10 men.

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
12-3-09, 12:45
We were actually unlucky with that decision as we should have been playing against 10 men.

:D

MickeyLove
12-3-09, 12:48

Goal, or a pen and a possible sending off?

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
12-3-09, 12:51
Goal, or a pen and a possible sending off?

I'd take the goal, but it could have been neither. We got lucky there.

MickeyLove
12-3-09, 12:53
I'd take the goal, but it could have been neither. We got lucky there.

Not sure how we got lucky....It was clearly a pen if the goal had not been given....If the goal was denied, and the pen was denied we would have been extremely unlucky....

I would say we got what we deserved in that moment of play.....I think we rode our luck for the remaining 85 mins though.....:D

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
12-3-09, 12:54
Not sure how we got lucky....It was clearly a pen if the goal had not been given....If the goal was denied, and the pen was denied we would have been extremely unlucky....

I would say we got what we deserved in that moment of play.....I think we rode our luck for the remaining 85 mins though.....:D

Yeah, i'm just not having it that Porto's win was any less deserved than ours.

Thespian
12-3-09, 13:08
Yeah, i'm just not having it that Porto's win was any less deserved than ours.

I didn't say Porto were undeserving.

But both Porto's and our CL wins were flukes.

However our success in the CL since then compared to Jose's failures suggests that the Special One isn't as special as Rafa Benitez.

Chris-Ninis
12-3-09, 13:16
Tevez/Berb/Rooney>Ibra.

That's your opinion, and I disagree wholeheartedly

welshypool
12-3-09, 13:16
No he wasn't. He had one really good season, a lot of average ones, and won nothing.

Ludicrous to compare his situation to Ibra.

I'm being ludicrous on purpose, the idea that people rate Ibra so so highly and are so convinced he's this great player is to me ludicrous.
Top player on his day, nowhere near the levels of other players mentioned in various threads and never will be, its clear

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast
12-3-09, 14:14
I didn't say Porto were undeserving.

But both Porto's and our CL wins were flukes.

However our success in the CL since then compared to Jose's failures suggests that the Special One isn't as special as Rafa Benitez.

...in europe.

I'm being ludicrous on purpose, the idea that people rate Ibra so so highly and are so convinced he's this great player is to me ludicrous.
Top player on his day, nowhere near the levels of other players mentioned in various threads and never will be, its clear

Well that is very different to saying he is Serie A's answer to Kevin Phillips. :)

WindyShepherdHenderson
1-3-13, 14:26
lol

MiraclesArePossible
1-3-13, 14:30
lol

You actually remembered what got said in a thread from four years ago. What the hell? :D

Seanosdelgardo
1-3-13, 14:32

This is my favorite :D

--Craig--
1-3-13, 14:35
This thread is amazing.

Alon1
This is ridiculous really.

welshypool
:) Look at me being all emotive and grumpy on that thread.

Anyway, I was proven right, Ibra has done nothing since, not one eye catching hatrick at international level or ridiculous scissor kicks, was crap in Italy and is now crap for PSG.

In conclusion and for the sake of forum pride, I was absolutely right................

Seanosdelgardo
1-3-13, 14:49

Anyway, I was proven right, Ibra has done nothing since, not one eye catching hatrick at international level or ridiculous scissor kicks, was crap in Italy and is now crap for PSG.

In conclusion and for the sake of forum pride, I was absolutely right................

Welshypool (http://www.thoughttheater.com/WearingBlinders.jpg)

;)

welshypool
1-3-13, 15:08
Welshypool (http://www.thoughttheater.com/WearingBlinders.jpg)

;)

;)

Its ok though, now I'm a born again Ibrahistian

WindyShepherdHenderson
1-3-13, 15:09
;)

Its ok though, now I'm a born again Ibrahistian

Zlatanista :p

-CADS-
1-3-13, 15:15
What even was this? Were these comments off the back of one game?

welshypool
1-3-13, 15:15
Zlatanista :p

I've started a few religions in penance:

Zlatinava Witness

Zlathist

Ibrahatholic

Ibraholic (more of a vice)

And my personal favourite for absolute loyalty and death to the cause....an Ibraslim Extremist

WindyShepherdHenderson
1-3-13, 15:22
What even was this? Were these comments off the back of one game?

I assume it was after the United/Inter CL match.

-Monk-
1-3-13, 15:26

Em-inLeam
1-3-13, 15:41
lol

Why am I not suprised you bumped this? Ibra and Jose are like your dream combo.

--Craig--
1-3-13, 15:49

Better than Xabi and Rafa.

WindyShepherdHenderson
1-3-13, 15:50

--Craig--
1-3-13, 15:52

Em-inLeam
1-3-13, 15:57

I always knew you two were the same person. Could never have thought two posters could ever have so much in common....but now it makes sense!

paul143
1-3-13, 16:04
I always knew you two were the same person. Could never have thought two posters could ever have so much in common....but now it makes sense!

Are they alteregos and if so is it a Dr David Banner/Hulk situation or a Dr Jekyll/Mr Hyde Situation? :eek:

Captain Mauser
2-3-13, 01:42

I like the cut of this guy's jib.

Obi-Red Kenobi
2-3-13, 09:55

Muppett

Obi-Red Kenobi
2-3-13, 09:59

No you weren't, anyone who says he's not world class knows as much as my granny about football.

http://asia.eurosport.com/football/zlatan-ibrahimovic_prs17966/person.shtml

Yehez
2-3-13, 10:21
This is when Inter lost to United in the last 16 of 2009 right?

Yeah, remember even the media have a go at Ibra being ****.

Yeah.

Scrams
2-3-13, 10:28
Who gives a ****

MiraclesArePossible
2-3-13, 10:50
I like the cut of this guy's jib.

Wonder whatever happened to him. Don't think any other poster has hated me more than that guy did.

domino
2-3-13, 11:02
Tevez/Berb/Rooney>Ibra.

^^

Andyfagan
2-3-13, 11:06
^^

Berbatov better than Ibrahimovic :D

domino
2-3-13, 12:01
Berbatov better than Ibrahimovic :D

Also saying he wouldn't get in our team.

WindyShepherdHenderson
2-3-13, 12:39
^^

You completely missed the point of what Higgy was saying. He meant Tevez, Berbatov and Rooney combined are better than Ibra. Not individually :D

TeenageMutantNinJaSkrtel
2-3-13, 12:43
I've started a few religions in penance:

Zlatinava Witness

Zlathist

Ibrahatholic

Ibraholic (more of a vice)

And my personal favourite for absolute loyalty and death to the cause....an Ibraslim Extremist

Hoojnosism

Zlatan the heir to David Essex.

SGBE
25-4-13, 02:12
This is my favorite :D

Mine too :D

-CADS-
25-4-13, 02:17
Mine too :D

You've been proven right time and again let's face it. Although Mourinho has been lucky enough to have two flukes now.

SGBE
19-11-13, 22:40
You completely missed the point of what Higgy was saying. He meant Tevez, Berbatov and Rooney combined are better than Ibra. Not individually :D

Forget those 3 .... Ronaldo better than Ibra.

WindyShepherdHenderson
19-11-13, 22:50
Why on earth would you bump this thread when you started it?! Do you enjoy looking like a ****?

shody1976
19-11-13, 22:52

What the **** are you on about you clown?

grenny158
20-11-13, 07:34
Oh boy .. SGBE, do you reckon this thread makes you look good?

The-Best-Fred
20-11-13, 08:48
Forget those 3 .... Ronaldo better than Ibra.

Ronaldo is better then Ibra yes, but that wasn't your original point was it? to bump this on the night that both Ronaldo and Ibra showed how good they are shows how much of a clown you must be

StevieBaros17
20-11-13, 10:05
Say what you want about Ibra. He won titles at Ajax, Juventus, Milan, Inter, Barcelona and PSG. Thats 10 titles in 12 years and they are all considered major clubs.

SGBE
20-11-13, 18:52
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25014368

Oh and this too: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25019015

-Monk-
20-11-13, 18:57

What the **** are you on about? :D

KeemI
20-11-13, 19:16

For your own sake, please delete this post. This is what a 2 year old would post to prove a point.

WindyShepherdHenderson
20-11-13, 19:17

You're a gonk.

Euro-77-78-81-84-05
20-11-13, 19:48
Why the topic starter not bump this when Mourinho won the European Cup the season after this topic was created.

Gazza74
20-11-13, 19:55
How to crash a car on a football forum.

shody1976
20-11-13, 20:17

What point is it that you're trying to make there?

SuarumanTheRed
20-11-13, 20:30
Worst bump in the history of forums.

redhoops
20-11-13, 20:51
I take a deep breath when i log on here these days. International breaks dont help.

Mersey Dudek
20-11-13, 22:02
SGBE :D

Massive fail mate.

mcdiggerman
20-11-13, 22:10
This is a joke or a :fishing surely

WindyShepherdHenderson
20-11-13, 22:26
Stupid Giant Boneheaded Englishman?

Paullfc1976
20-11-13, 22:28
Stupid Giant Boneheaded Englishman?

Who, what, when, where?

SuarumanTheRed
20-11-13, 22:29
Who, what, when, where?

Na, that would be WWWW

FIOS
20-11-13, 22:47

Looks like you proved a lot of people wrong with this one mate.

You tell em.

SGBE
20-11-13, 22:56
Looks like you proved a lot of people wrong with this one mate.

You tell em.

Only one - the wrong one: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24882969

FIOS
20-11-13, 23:18
Only one - the wrong one: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24882969

I see what you mean now. You're saying he definitely isn't a good manager because he said a penalty should have been given when it shouldn't.

It's like all those trophies are meaningless now.

SGBE
30-12-13, 00:31
I see what you mean now. You're saying he definitely isn't a good manager because he said a penalty should have been given when it shouldn't.

It's like all those trophies are meaningless now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25545739 - just been reminded why I will never consider him world class.