PDA

View Full Version : Marko Marin

LIVERBIRDMX
29-3-09, 19:35
This lad is wonderful!!! He's the new German sensation, he's young and we really need to make an attempt ans sign him...he's versatile, pacey, offensive...mouthwatering...

If we can bring him for around 10 mill and Joe Cole for another 12 mill, with Glen Johnson and Michael Owen, I'd be :D

:scarf

Simo429
29-3-09, 19:38
from what ive seen he's a very good player

id take a punt on him

i dont know where your getting joe cole from

chelsea wont do business with us anymore than man utd will

Zenithez
29-3-09, 19:41
from what ive seen he's a very good player

id take a punt on him

i dont know where your getting joe cole from

chelsea wont do business with us anymore than man utd will

Probably true, but offer them £20m anyway.

LIVERBIRDMX
29-3-09, 19:43

Joe Cole is old enough to buy out his contract, and I really don't think Chelsea won't do business with us.....

And Marko Marin is the new wonderkid in world football, we should bid for him before Barca, Real Madrid or any of them sharks tries to

Simo429
29-3-09, 19:45
Joe Cole is old enough to buy out his contract, and I really don't think Chelsea won't do business with us.....

And Marko Marin is the new wonderkid in world football, we should bid for him before Barca, Real Madrid or any of them sharks tries to

if you buy out your own contract you cannot play in the same country the following season

why did chelsea sell SWP to man city instead of us then?

-Nelly-
29-3-09, 19:46
yeh he's worth a punt

LIVERBIRDMX
29-3-09, 19:47
if you buy out your own contract you cannot play in the same country the following season

why did chelsea sell SWP to man city instead of us then?

perhaps they offered more money, and City had preemptive rights on him, since SWP was made at City....

Hiddink has said he does not like Joe Cole and he rather bring in someone else...Joe Cole would be loved at Liverpool

LIVERBIRDMX
29-3-09, 19:48
yeh he's worth a punt

joe Cole or Marin?

Zenithez
29-3-09, 19:48

It would take something special to prise Cole out of London, & if this other guy is as good as you say?

Those err "sharks" are already circling!

Simo429
29-3-09, 19:49
perhaps they offered more money, and City had preemptive rights on him, since SWP was made at City....

Hiddink has said he does not like Joe Cole and he rather bring in someone else...Joe Cole would be loved at Liverpool

chelsea chose to send him to man city so he wouldnt improve us

hiddink may not be there next summer and could you find me the quote where hiddink says he doesnt like him?

-Nelly-
29-3-09, 19:50
^^^ Marin i meant

RedBaros
29-3-09, 19:52

For Joe Cole? :confused:

Zenithez
29-3-09, 19:55
For Joe Cole? :confused:

Would be Worth every penny!

Simo429
29-3-09, 19:57
joe cole is another 1 in 4 player for me
to improve our side to make us favourites we need someone else of stevie and torres' stature

can anyone honestly say that joe cole is that? is he ever going to be?

at least with the lad Marin theres a chance that he will improve enough to become the sort of class we require

Stoney79
29-3-09, 19:58
I've only seen him when England played Germany a few months ago and thought he looked pretty light-weight and a bit average. Definitely the type of player we need though. I'd love Joey Cole too but can't see it happening.

BabuYagu
29-3-09, 19:58
As with every emerging talent in German football, I wouldn't be surprised if Bayern have already secured a first option agreement on him.

Also, if you have noticed his talent, you can rest assured the Euro Elite club vultures have already been circling over Gladbach for 18 months!

LIVERBIRDMX
29-3-09, 20:00
to improve our side to make us favourites we need someone else of stevie and torres' stature

at least with the lad Marin theres a chance that he will improve enough to become the sort of class we require

I would defo say Joe Cole is near Torres and Gerrard's stature....Joe Cole has been one of the top 3 England players recently, along with Rooney and Gerrard.....he's been injured lately, but I do think he'd be another world class player...and Marin will surely develop to be top!

Simo429
29-3-09, 20:00
As with every emerging talent in German football, I wouldn't be surprised if Bayern have already secured a first option agreement on him.

Also, if you have noticed his talent, you can rest assured the Euro Elite club vultures have already been circling over Gladbach for 18 months!

it was the same with babel

i never thought we'd sign him

Simo429
29-3-09, 20:02
I would defo say Joe Cole is near Torres and Gerrard's stature....Joe Cole has been one of the top 3 England players recently, along with Rooney and Gerrard.....he's been injured lately, but I do think he'd be another world class player...and Marin will surely develop to be top!

the gulf between torres, stevie, messi, ronaldo and those top echelon players and players like joe cole is massive!

he might be about the same level as rooney, id say he was below him as well

stevie and torres are excellent players

joe cole is a good player

LIVERBIRDMX
29-3-09, 20:02

with that I agree...still, they can't buy every player!! I mean, if Barca snatch Ribery or Villa, Madrid get Benzema, Villa, Silva or Tevez, and whoever you can imagine....Marin could surely be ours! Why would he want to go to Madrid or Barca and sit on the bench behind Messi, Henry, Iniesta or Sneijder, Robben, etc

He knows that coming here he'll only have to compete with Kuyt or Riera for a spot

RedBaros
29-3-09, 20:03
Would be Worth every penny!

Joe Cole would be a good signing for 6,7 or 8M for the squad.
Signing a player unwanted by Chelsea is hardly a statement of intent.
If we paid 20 for him you'd be able to hear the roars of laughter all the way from OT over the noise of us singing YNWA on a European night

LIVERBIRDMX
29-3-09, 20:03
the gulf between torres, stevie, messi, ronaldo and those top echelon players and players like joe cole is massive!

he might be about the same level as rooney, id say he was below him as well

stevie and torres are excellent players

joe cole is a good player

I know Gerrard and Torres are superb and better that Cole, still Cole has been regular for England and fits perfectly with players like Gerrard, Rooney, Lampard, Owen...he's world class mate, that can't be denied!

RedBaros
29-3-09, 20:05
with that I agree...still, they can't buy every player!! I mean, if Barca snatch Ribery or Villa, Madrid get Benzema, Villa, Silva or Tevez, and whoever you can imagine....Marin could surely be ours! Why would he want to go to Madrid or Barca and sit on the bench behind Messi, Henry, Iniesta or Sneijder, Robben, etc

He knows that coming here he'll only have to compete with Kuyt or Riera for a spot

Haven't Barca signed Keirrison yet?

Simo429
29-3-09, 20:06
I know Gerrard and Torres are superb and better that Cole, still Cole has been regular for England and fits perfectly with players like Gerrard, Rooney, Lampard, Owen...he's world class mate, that can't be denied!

it can massively be denied

being an england regular doesnt mean your automatically world class just as being a chelsea regular doesnt

Zenithez
29-3-09, 20:06

Wide players are never going to be as consistantly easy on the eye as Torres or Gerrard (hence why Stevie hates playing out there)

Cole IF he would come, would make a massive difference to either flank.

Snippes
29-3-09, 20:07

20MM for Joe Cole or for Marin? You are kidding right?

And Simo is right...Chelsea are not in the business of selling good players to us so might as well stop dreaming right there before you even get to talking 20MM on Cole. Don't get me wrong, I like Cole...probably one of few classy players Chelsea have....but the the guy is clearly injury prone. Am not blowing our whole budget on him when he is that brittle and when he isn't really naturally a RW anyway.

Marin will probably follow Toni Kroos into Bayern's abyss though, would be my guess. Nice little player though.....

Simo429
29-3-09, 20:08
Wide players are never going to be as consistantly easy on the eye as Torres or Gerrard (hence why Stevie hates playing out there)

Cole IF he would come, would make a massive difference to either flank.

and yet stevie scored over 20 goals from a wide role?
what sort of role would you say messi and ronaldo had? for me its a wide role! yeah they cut inside a lot but if joe cole signed i wouldnt expect him to get his boots white every game

BabuYagu
29-3-09, 20:10

It seems that Joe Cole throughout his career has been injured "lately". Maybe it's more accurate to say he has been injured "permanently".

Joe Cole is a great player, no doubt. But for me he is injured too often to actually be relied upon in a title push. In this way, he is similar to Kewell, as relfected by the low price we paid. If we can do a similar deal for Cole, then that is fair enough..... but to be honest, I would rather just go all out for a top winger, than to take a £10m+ gamble on the fitness of Joe Cole.

Zenithez
29-3-09, 20:15
and yet stevie scored over 20 goals from a wide role?
what sort of role would you say messi and ronaldo had? for me its a wide role! yeah they cut inside a lot but if joe cole signed i wouldnt expect him to get his boots white every game

Yes he did & has never played there since, messi and ronaldo are really free spirits & such is there match intelligence, they just know where, is going to cause the most havoc.

As I said, the likelyhood of getting him is remote, but Cole would add real value to the way we set up.

Simo429
29-3-09, 20:18
Yes he did & has never played there since, messi and ronaldo are really free spirits & such is there match intelligence, they just know where, is going to cause the most havoc.

As I said, the likelyhood of getting him is remote, but Cole would add real value to the way we set up.

i think your right he'd improve us but i dont think he'd push us over the edge and as said he's had a lot of injury problems over the years

RedBaros
29-3-09, 20:18
It seems that Joe Cole throughout his career has been injured "lately". Maybe it's more accurate to say he has been injured "permanently".

Joe Cole is a great player, no doubt. But for me he is injured too often to actually be relied upon in a title push. In this way, he is similar to Kewell, as relfected by the low price we paid. If we can do a similar deal for Cole, then that is fair enough..... but to be honest, I would rather just go all out for a top winger, than to take a £10m+ gamble on the fitness of Joe Cole.

Shouldn't we be talking about Walcott instead of Cole anyway?
Marin wouldn't be a statement of intent, no one would care or worry.
Besides we could well be signing Sielva Morena for 2mil, so no Marin
I think Schweinsteiger, seeing as the question is Deutchlander, would be a statement of intent. I wouldn't like to see him join any other prem team.

THEFLYINGPIG
29-3-09, 22:19
This lad is wonderful!!! He's the new German sensation, he's young and we really need to make an attempt ans sign him...he's versatile, pacey, offensive...mouthwatering...

If we can bring him for around 10 mill and Joe Cole for another 12 mill, with Glen Johnson and Michael Owen, I'd be :D

:scarf

Not sure about Cole, Johnson but definately not Owen. However, before we buy any young prodige (apologies for the spelling) we need to instil a little patience in our fan base - Lucas being a prime example of a young player (ok, he's not young now) signing for us with huge potential, with the praise of Pele no less ringing in his ears. Only for every mistake or god forbid 'sideways' pass being criticised and booed.

Fowi
29-3-09, 22:52
I think it's too early to talk about Marin. He's only played some games for the worst team in Germany. Granted he is talented but it's way too early to say he'll be a great player.

LIVERBIRDMX
30-3-09, 18:38
If Barca, Real, Napoli, Milan thought that way they'd never bought Messi, Maradona, Gago, Pato, etc.....

Why not bring a youngster with loads of talent (please don't compare Marin's talent to Lucas or Babel) for a low fee and not lament later on "ooo why didn't we sign him", like what happened with Young....

Joe Cole, Walcott, Schweinsteiger, Marin, Ribery should be the players we'd be looking at and not Etoo

GeorgeLFC
29-1-12, 10:40
Just a story and not really a reliable source but thought I would share anyway. Would like to sign this player.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/232636/Liverpool-boss-Kenny-Dalglish-chasing-German-winger-Marko-Marin/

LIVERPOOL BOSS KENNY DALGLISH CHASING GERMAN WINGER MARKO MARIN

29th January 2012 By Paul Hetherington

LIVERPOOL are chasing Germany’s exciting winger Marko Marin.

The Werder Bremen star, who has been described as the German Lionel Messi, would cost at least * £18million if he were to leave the Bundesliga outfit.

Spurs and Inter Milan have also been linked with Marin, 22.

But Carling Cup finalists Liverpool are said to be showing the strongest interest.

Marin, who appeared for Germany in the last World Cup in South Africa, has played 16 times for his country.

Kop boss Kenny Dalglish is also in the market for a striker.

Another source: http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/football-hotline/2012/01/29/liverpool-planning-double-transfer-swoop-on-bundesliga-superstars-102039-23724504/

Fowi
29-1-12, 10:42
He most certainly wouldn't cost £18mil.

Dashmundo
29-1-12, 11:09
He was part of the reason that Werder Bremen side flopped quite badly last season. Wrongly or not, he's been blamed quite a bit for it, and I haven't quite seen him bounce back.

That said, he's still only 22, and he's still miles ahead of the majority of our players in terms of technique, which is something we can always do with. I wouldn't be averse to it. I can't see him costing much more than £10 million at most.

Note: He still notches up at least 10 assists every season.

Andyfagan
29-1-12, 11:12
He most certainly wouldn't cost £18mil.

We paid £20m for Downing and £35m for Carroll. Expect clubs to ask for silly fees for their players when we're interested.

dreams-come-true
29-1-12, 11:21
Marin is sort of on the edge of the German national side. He is not a regular in the German side. Gets a game and only very rarely coming off the bench.
Instead of Marin .... and if we are going to pay ridiculous sums of money ..... go for an Özil or a Götze, Thomas Müller, ..... they would probably be more value at those prices.

Shauninho
29-1-12, 11:30
Would love marin here. German players generally always seem to settle well in the prem.....waiting for someone to name a player whos flopped now.....

RoflKloppter
29-1-12, 11:33
We paid £20m for Downing and £35m for Carroll. Expect clubs to ask for silly fees for their players when we're interested.

and 24m for Suarez (bargain) 6m for Enrique and 5m for Adam and Coates for 7m and Bellamy on a free. What exactly is your point? Don't pick out three transfers and leave the rest out because they completely disprove your argument.

Club's will ask for enlarged fee's when ANY bigger club comes calling.

dreams-come-true
29-1-12, 11:37
Would love marin here. German players generally always seem to settle well in the prem.....waiting for someone to name a player whos flopped now.....

... sure .... K-H Riedler at Liverpool. But he was sort of coming to the end of his time. A bit like the Morientes transfer. Never really did anything for us. But you are right, Babbel, Hamann, Ziege, .... Klinsmann, all diid well in the Premier League to various levels of success.

Getafe-My-Lawn!
29-1-12, 12:05
He's got talent, but whats his workrate like?

OLI1879
29-1-12, 13:17
Marin is sort of on the edge of the German national side. He is not a regular in the German side. Gets a game and only very rarely coming off the bench.
Instead of Marin .... and if we are going to pay ridiculous sums of money ..... go for an Özil or a Götze, Thomas Müller, ..... they would probably be more value at those prices.

Ozil and Muller already play for huge, established Champions League clubs and Gotze is being scouted by every top team in Europe. None of them are reslistic signings.

SweetSilverSeven
29-1-12, 13:36
I think we'll most liely go for that type of player in the summer, rather than now

T34
29-1-12, 14:19
I think it's too early to talk about Marin. He's only played some games for the worst team in Germany. Granted he is talented but it's way too early to say he'll be a great player.

Hey Fowi, do you not think that makes him the player we should try to go for? He has done well both his club and is rated highly enough to feature in the Germany team/squad. With the prospect of having Champions league football remote again next year, I think these potential gems are the players we should look for. We all talk about Cavani and Hazard, but they are going to go to the top top clubs in the world, we may have the history but currently we are not where they want to be, so I think our signings relay on finding the hidden gems.

crobra
29-1-12, 17:34
Hey Fowi, do you not think that makes him the player we should try to go for? He has done well both his club and is rated highly enough to feature in the Germany team/squad. With the prospect of having Champions league football remote again next year, I think these potential gems are the players we should look for. We all talk about Cavani and Hazard, but they are going to go to the top top clubs in the world, we may have the history but currently we are not where they want to be, so I think our signings relay on finding the hidden gems.

I have to agree, we will have to take some risk on some young players because it will be hard to attract a Cavani or Hazard without champions league football. That being said, we don't want to ridiculous money and gamble on players.

direwolf
29-1-12, 18:11
Part of the reason we love Suarez is that he's always dangerous when the ball is at his feet, and we have so few who can unnerve defenders while on the attack.

He can. He might not have panned out like he could have but he's still got bags of ability. Would have him here in a jiff.

Target-Man
29-1-12, 19:32

Fowi's post is two years old. It would be interesting to see what he thinks now.

jordanv87
30-1-12, 07:24
i think he'd be a touch of a luxury player, doesnt seem like you get much work rate from him.

he'd undoubtedly improve our options in the final third...although i dont think it fills the biggest problem which is a goalscorer to put the ball in the back of the net on a consistent basis.

Bakuvian_AZ
30-1-12, 07:33

Those clubs have to obtain the British citizenship for their players first to ask silly fees

Fowi
30-1-12, 07:34
Fowi's post is two years old. It would be interesting to see what he thinks now.

Since that original post he has gone up and down again. At the moment he's neither a talented young player nor an established star, but something in between. He had a mediocre last season and is not pulling any trees this season either. But he's a talented player and if the price was right and Kenny had a clear idea of how to use him I'd go for him.

KirkbyToCanada
30-1-12, 07:53
Since that original post he has gone up and down again. At the moment he's neither a talented young player nor an established star, but something in between. He had a mediocre last season and is not pulling any trees this season either. But he's a talented player and if the price was right and Kenny had a clear idea of how to use him I'd go for him.

Sums it up really. He has potential, which, in football, is probably one of the most dangerous yet rewarding things you can buy. I think the key is if the price is right, we want to be able to stretch our budget as far as it will go, and overpaying for players (again) isn't the way to do it.

Fowi
30-1-12, 07:55
I think you can get Marin for £10mil or less.

Super-Mac-and-Fries
30-1-12, 08:35
I think you can get Marin for £10mil or less.

It'd be rude not to.