Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 80 FirstFirst ... 296977787980 LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,370 of 2373

Thread: The Gaming Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Shaneomax View Post
    thx bro ill dl it tonight.
    What did you think of War Thunder?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

EA have turned off in-game purchases for BF2.

Quote Originally Posted by kenyanstar View Post
    What did you think of War Thunder?
    Not bad at all, I am still learning the basic but I have blown up many planes so far in aviation mode lol

I play with the tanks. I recommend Germany and then Russia for new players.

Quote Originally Posted by kenyanstar View Post
    I play with the tanks. I recommend Germany and then Russia for new players.
    oH COOL thx man I was U.S.A lol

Quote Originally Posted by Shaneomax View Post
    oH COOL thx man I was U.S.A lol
    USA are probably the worst. British tanks also quite rubbish at the lower tiers. Japan is pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by S_7 View Post
    They never should have been tied to progression... Hopefully they have learned a bit of a lesson

ffs!! Should’ve bought some the other day...

Quote Originally Posted by AngriestRed View Post
    They never should have been tied to progression... Hopefully they have learned a bit of a lesson
    It's the practice of offering additional content immediately if you want to pay for it. I think playing the game to unlock content is entirely fine as long as the balance is right. You shouldn't have to graft for countless hours to unlock content, especially so when that same content can be bought whenever you feel like it. They did it knowing, or hoping, players would chose the easy option of paying.

There's also the practices of putting content developers know people want behind a paywall, and releasing "additions content", what used to be referred to as DLC, when the game launches. It should be an expansion of the the game, not something they hold back. It should be a way to prolong game play and give players the option of continuing the story they want to imurse themselves in. Instead, we have this practise of developing a game, finding what people want and like, and then exploring players desires to play that.

It's just a ****** way to do business.

Quote Originally Posted by FIOS View Post
    It's the practice of offering additional content immediately if you want to pay for it. I think playing the game to unlock content is entirely fine as long as the balance is right. You shouldn't have to graft for countless hours to unlock content, especially so when that same content can be bought whenever you feel like it. They did it knowing, or hoping, players would chose the easy option of paying.

There's also the practices of putting content developers know people want behind a paywall, and releasing "additions content", what used to be referred to as DLC, when the game launches. It should be an expansion of the the game, not something they hold back. It should be a way to prolong game play and give players the option of continuing the story they want to imurse themselves in. Instead, we have this practise of developing a game, finding what people want and like, and then exploring players desires to play that.

Star Wars is one where I actually feel for the publishers. They must’ve paid millions before a single line of code was written for the game, they need to find ways to make money back.

Quote Originally Posted by WinterPoolStark View Post
    Star Wars is one where I actually feel for the publishers. They must’ve paid millions before a single line of code was written for the game, they need to find ways to make money back.
    Then maybe dont go with DICE. EA is demonstrably one of the worst companies for exploiting players.

Absolutely zero sympathy. Star Wars was licensed to EA because it would make them the most money. Only now Disney don't like the backlash. There's one company that actually does care about its image and how people view it. EA? Zero ****s about it's customer.

I've just finished Grand Theft Auto V and have to say what a superb game it is, significantly better than GTA IV in my opinion.

The whole three-central-characters feature works brilliantly and the overall story is really engaging. Needless to say just spending time 'in the world' is a wonderful experience and there are plenty of tasks to keep you entertained, including rounds of golf and tennis matches! I hardly touched the different types of races available but will probably go back and tie up a few loose ends including those now that I've finished the main story.

What did everyone else think about this epic title, was it better than its predecessor or inferior from your perspective? Were there any particular moments you thought that stood out from the rest? Personally I believe the bank heist involving the use of mini-guns was a bit special, but what was a highlight for you?

I must say I'm already looking forward to GTA VI...

*Wolfy* is online now The boy that cried sniperwolf!
    Just bought the new COD for ps4 today, have yet to play it, any opinions on how it compares to the old games?

The last time I bought or played a COD game was Black Ops II.

Really enjoying South Park: the Fractured but Whole at the minute.

Itís not as good as the Stick of Truth but itís still really good and just like playing one really long episode.

Completely agree... Hopefully going forward a better balance can be found... I don’t mind paying for extra stuff, but within reason

Then maybe dont go with DICE. EA is demonstrably one of the worst companies for exploiting players.

Absolutely zero sympathy. Star Wars was licensed to EA because it would make them the most money. Only now Disney don't like the backlash. There's one company that actually does care about its image and how people view it. EA? Zero ****s about it's customer.
    I don’t think that’s true. A lot of the changes made to the game were because of suggestions from fans after BF1. Fans didn’t like the Season Pass so EA took it away. Fans didn’t like that there wasn’t a sense of achievement when playing the Heroes, the fact that anyone could pick up a token and become a Hero. Unlocking weapons/star cards and levelling up was seen as too easy. EA listened and made changes, even if those changes were a bit lame causing the backlash. They’ve done a quick u-turn with some of those changes pretty immediately which shows they do care. Pleasing everyone isn’t possible, changes for one group will inevitably upset another. I liked the way the first game was, the majority disagreed.

EA need to make a good game AND make money - that’s just a fact. selling the game for £50 just won’t make them the money the’ve poured in to the game. They need to quickly find a good balance and it seems they’re definitely interested in finding a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by ever-red-e View Post
    I've just finished Grand Theft Auto V and have to say what a superb game it is, significantly better than GTA IV in my opinion.

The whole three-central-characters feature works brilliantly and the overall story is really engaging. Needless to say just spending time 'in the world' is a wonderful experience and there are plenty of tasks to keep you entertained, including rounds of golf and tennis matches! I hardly touched the different types of races available but will probably go back and tie up a few loose ends including those now that I've finished the main story.

What did everyone else think about this epic title, was it better than its predecessor or inferior from your perspective? Were there any particular moments you thought that stood out from the rest? Personally I believe the bank heist involving the use of mini-guns was a bit special, but what was a highlight for you?

I must say I'm already looking forward to GTA VI...
    Definitely one of the best game’s ever made! I remember when I first got in to GTA V, it’s all I was thinking about all the time

One of my favourite moments in the game was the helicopter fbi mission (forgot the name) where you have to switch between Franklin/Michael/Trevor. So you’re abseiling one moment, then you’re flying the helicopter and then you’re the sniper - all in one scene, it’s fantastic!

There’s just so much you can do in the game that you don’t need to play any other game if you don’t want to.

If you’re a PC player, the modding world of GTA V is something I recommend to everyone.

Definitely one of the best game’s ever made! I remember when I first got in to GTA V, it’s all I was thinking about all the time

One of my favourite moments in the game was the helicopter fbi mission (forgot the name) where you have to switch between Franklin/Michael/Trevor. So you’re abseiling one moment, then you’re flying the helicopter and then you’re the sniper - all in one scene, it’s fantastic!

There’s just so much you can do in the game that you don’t need to play any other game if you don’t want to.

If you’re a PC player, the modding world of GTA V is something I recommend to everyone.
    I really got sucked into the Chilliad Mystery, I must have spent 2 to 3 times as long looking for clues then playing the game. It all started with that *********** mural!

Link to the rabbit hole - https://www.reddit.com/r/chiliadmystery/
    Last edited by Eloader; 20-11-17 at 11:23.
    Eat. Sleep. Rave. Repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by *Wolfy* View Post
    Just bought the new COD for ps4 today, have yet to play it, any opinions on how it compares to the old games?

I’m enjoying it at the moment. Nice and simple, not purple personalised stickers all over some fella wearing a golden dragon suit that he’s paid 15 quid for. Only thing is the roster of maps is small.

Quote Originally Posted by Keverson View Post
    Really enjoying South Park: the Fractured but Whole at the minute.

It’s not as good as the Stick of Truth but it’s still really good and just like playing one really long episode.
    I’m enjoying this. Has me laughing constantly. Think I’m coming to the end now though.

WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular

Finding it a bit tedious after a week or so. There's a real lack of maps, and gamemodes (I only play Hardcore).

No doubt they'll drop a map pack for £12 soon though

Definitely one of the best gameís ever made! I remember when I first got in to GTA V, itís all I was thinking about all the time

One of my favourite moments in the game was the helicopter fbi mission (forgot the name) where you have to switch between Franklin/Michael/Trevor. So youíre abseiling one moment, then youíre flying the helicopter and then youíre the sniper - all in one scene, itís fantastic!

Thereís just so much you can do in the game that you donít need to play any other game if you donít want to.

If youíre a PC player, the modding world of GTA V is something I recommend to everyone.
    You're spot-on WinterPoolStark, it's a truly epic game isn't it, and your choice of special moment is amazing, that whole mission was unbelievable from start to finish as you rightly suggest.

In fact the overall switching mechanic worked brilliantly throughout, with several missions requiring you to alternate between the characters to complete the objectives.

All in all a fabulous, special and uniquely compelling game.

*Wolfy* is online now The boy that cried sniperwolf!
    Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    Finding it a bit tedious after a week or so. There's a real lack of maps, and gamemodes (I only play Hardcore).

No doubt about it, are the zombies maps any good?

Yeah I'm the same, hopefully they make a Hardcore version of War soon.

WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    No idea pal, never been into the Zombie modes. Few fellas from work are always on it though, so must be good.

Quote Originally Posted by -Chris- View Post
    Yeah I'm the same, hopefully they make a Hardcore version of War soon.
    War seems good fun, but I just can't get into it if it's not HC. Drives me mad getting first shot on people yet it takes so long to kill them I end up dying myself. Hardcore Kill Confirmed is always my prefered mode, at least there's something to move for and limits camping a little. A lot of these maps on HC are camper heavy due to the gamemodes.

I love zombies and have played every one. Haven’t played much of this but there seems to be a more objective driven aspect to the game, and it is a lot more of a thriller type Zombies than just surviving hoards. At one point lights go off and you just have a torch it’s quite intense. I need to play it more to see how it ranks.

Don’t think we’ll see better days than Der Riese and Kino Der Toten. Got to round 34 once on Kino.

No idea pal, never been into the Zombie modes. Few fellas from work are always on it though, so must be good.

War seems good fun, but I just can't get into it if it's not HC. Drives me mad getting first shot on people yet it takes so long to kill them I end up dying myself. Hardcore Kill Confirmed is always my prefered mode, at least there's something to move for and limits camping a little. A lot of these maps on HC are camper heavy due to the gamemodes.
    That's exactly my issue with it as well. I want one/two shot kills, which is realistic, not having to stick 20 bullets in someone for them to die!

I'm a big fan of domination, which you can play on Hardcore thankfully

That's exactly my issue with it as well. I want one/two shot kills, which is realistic, not having to stick 20 bullets in someone for them to die!

I'm a big fan of domination, which you can play on Hardcore thankfully
    It works both ways I suppose, you die a lot quicker in HC. You used the Bar yet? By far the best weapon and I can see it getting altered in an update as it seems to give an unfair advantage over everyone.

It works both ways I suppose, you die a lot quicker in HC. You used the Bar yet? By far the best weapon and I can see it getting altered in an update as it seems to give an unfair advantage over everyone.
    Nah not yet, I think it unlocks around level 50. Only bought the game on Saturday night so will probably be a week or so before I have played enough to unlock it.

Nah not yet, I think it unlocks around level 50. Only bought the game on Saturday night so will probably be a week or so before I have played enough to unlock it.
    52, best gun on the game. The bottom two snipers are good as well, the first two are terrible if you don’t play HC.