Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 80 FirstFirst ... 23637172737475 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,190 of 2373

Thread: The Gaming Thread

Has anyone played 'Her Story' on PC and what do you think of it?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Anyone played the COD WW2 Beta? I'm really enjoying it, about time we had a jet pack free COD.

For anyone who wants to play the beta you get it with pre-ordering the game however the beta ends tomorrow.

There is also another way to get the Beta, create a Hong Kong PSN account and it is on their store.

Quote Originally Posted by ever-red-e View Post
    Have you 'played' it?

Quote Originally Posted by WinterPoolStark View Post
    Have you 'played' it?
    Yes I've 'played' it all the way through.

It's a rather curious experience, unusual in style (it's like 'playing' Google somehow). Initially it works quite well with a fairly open range of searches, but for some reason they have capped the results of a search at five clips - designed no doubt to aid longevity - but the result is rather frustrating, with a given search clearly yielding several results you can't access. Furthermore it is a case of diminishing returns in terms of searches, while some of the harder to locate clips are literally just one word statements requiring you to input the exact phrase to successfully access the relevant part of the interviews.

Overall I'd say that I enjoyed it, it is a little different to the norm, but I wouldn't lavish it with praise the way many people have. Very good if a little frustrating (and even slightly tedious towards the end) would be my assessment WinterPoolStark. (You're sorry you asked now aren't you.) :-D

Have you played it yourself?

Yes I've 'played' it all the way through.

It's a rather curious experience, unusual in style (it's like 'playing' Google somehow). Initially it works quite well with a fairly open range of searches, but for some reason they have capped the results of a search at five clips - designed no doubt to aid longevity - but the result is rather frustrating, with a given search clearly yielding several results you can't access. Furthermore it is a case of diminishing returns in terms of searches, while some of the harder to locate clips are literally just one word statements requiring you to input the exact phrase to successfully access the relevant part of the interviews.

Overall I'd say that I enjoyed it, it is a little different to the norm, but I wouldn't lavish it with praise the way many people have. Very good if a little frustrating (and even slightly tedious towards the end) would be my assessment WinterPoolStark. (You're sorry you asked now aren't you.) :-D

Have you played it yourself?
    Thanks. I downloaded it last night, will start it sometime this week

Anyone played 'Prey'? Any good? RPG or action?

Quote Originally Posted by DantesShadow View Post
    Anyone played 'Prey'? Any good? RPG or action?
    What's the difference (genuine question)?

What's the difference (genuine question)?
    A game more slanted to RPG might have more story and decision making that (assumes to) affect outcome. The action is still there but maybe a little more simplified. An action oriented pays less effort to the story and is more controller-skills based.

Then you get walking simulators that are even more role play and barely any action! I like these but they are hard to find good ones (Life is strange etc)

The older i get the more story i prefer

A game more slanted to RPG might have more story and decision making that (assumes to) affect outcome. The action is still there but maybe a little more simplified. An action oriented pays less effort to the story and is more controller-skills based.

Then you get walking simulators that are even more role play and barely any action! I like these but they are hard to find good ones (Life is strange etc)

Would the Uncharted games be an RPG? Or have elements of RPG or not at all as the story is pretty linear no matter how you play?

I liked Fire Watch in this genre, I think it was recommended by someone on here and tbh it wasn't something I was into before.....and really enjoyed.

As far as the rest of it is concerned, there's the Action RPG genre middle ground, which is both. Prey I would call an FPS ..... with RPG elements
    Eat. Sleep. Rave. Repeat.

Would the Uncharted games be an RPG? Or have elements of RPG or not at all as the story is pretty linear no matter how you play?
    Gamefaqs have it as an Action Adventure.

Linear, but at times you don't notice or care , as was their other class game The Last of Us .
    Still two of the best games I've ever played though .

To be fair even RPGs can be considered broadly linear. I guess its a spectrum really with walking sims on one side and button mashing on the other.

I would say uncharted, last of us, far-cry, mass effect would be RPG with FPS adventure elements to add to the narrative - the immersive story is key to these games. Alan Wake more towards full RPG.

But what about open world games??? state of decay or skyrim I've confused myself

Quote Originally Posted by Eloader View Post
    I liked Fire Watch in this genre, I think it was recommended by someone on here and tbh it wasn't something I was into before.....and really enjoyed.

As far as the rest of it is concerned, there's the Action RPG genre middle ground, which is both. Prey I would call an FPS ..... with RPG elements

I played that - quite short and to be honest I didn't 'feel' it!

To be fair even RPGs can be considered broadly linear. I guess its a spectrum really with walking sims on one side and button mashing on the other.

I would say uncharted, last of us, far-cry, mass effect would be RPG with FPS adventure elements to add to the narrative - the immersive story is key to these games. Alan Wake more towards full RPG.

But what about open world games??? state of decay or skyrim I've confused myself
    Would something like GTA V be 'all of the above'?

Is there a point to it at the end ever-red or are we just 'observers' to 'Her Story'?

Will there be some kinda 'Eureka!' moment for me? (Obviously don't tell me what it is).

Added: I liked your 'it's like playing Google' - it really is

Anyone played destiny 2 yet? I was let down by the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by S_7 View Post
    Don't give them another penny.

I spent more time downloading stuff for destiny each time i wanted to play that i hated it by the end. Also - where the **** was the immersive story?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar Rock View Post
    Don't give them another penny.
    I had it in my hand today and put it back. Just felt like a really empty game.

you felt dirty didn't you

you felt dirty didn't you
    Something in my head stopped me. You played anything good lately? I feel that this next gen era of games has been soulless and just focused on graphics.

I think you have to take the box to the counter for the Disc

Quote Originally Posted by winterpoolstark View Post
    i think you have to take the box to the counter for the disc

I think you have to take the box to the counter for the Disc
    Boom!

Is there a point to it at the end ever-red or are we just 'observers' to 'Her Story'?

Will there be some kinda 'Eureka!' moment for me? (Obviously don't tell me what it is).

Added: I liked your 'it's like playing Google' - it really is
    Eventually the story reveals itself WinterPoolStark but we are merely observers to 'Her Story' as you suggest - we don't do anything with the information we obtain, we simply come to our own conclusions.

As for the Eureka! moment, that will depend on your inputs as to when it arrives, but you will reach a point where everything starts to make sense.

Hope you enjoy it.

Something in my head stopped me. You played anything good lately? I feel that this next gen era of games has been soulless and just focused on graphics.
    Not really, though my taste in games is more immersion and i only play about 2 per year (though try about 5!). The only games i would recommend are: XCOM, Mass Effect, State of Decay, Dragon Age, Far-Cry (3), Street Fighter , Life is Strange, Alan Wake, Simcity. If I had a playstation I would play Last of Us and Uncharted. Loved Mariocart on wii!

Not really, though my taste in games is more immersion and i only play about 2 per year (though try about 5!). The only games i would recommend are: XCOM, Mass Effect, State of Decay, Dragon Age, Far-Cry (3), Street Fighter , Life is Strange, Alan Wake, Simcity. If I had a playstation I would play Last of Us and Uncharted. Loved Mariocart on wii!
    Downloaded Life is Strange but haven't got round to playing it yet (free on PSPlus), any good?

go out and buy a PS4, rent one, borrow one if you have to but you have to play Naughty Dog's games - they are honestly fantastic if you like a story in your games (it's like anyone who drives should own an Alfa Romeo at least once in their lives).

Looking forward to losing a ton of hours to Destiny 2.

Anyone else played Firewatch? Quite a different game to the norm. Quite enjoyable imo.
    YNWA