Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 83 FirstFirst ... 31717980818283 LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,430 of 2472

Thread: The Gaming Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Stenberry View Post
    Thanks bud! Think I will start with the Witcher, Metal Gear probably a little too similar to hitman in terms of stealth and espionage. I’ve read the DLC alone for the Witcher won multiple awards.

Shame this thread isn’t as active as some of the others I’d love go get a good chat going whereby I can rant about how all games seem to be going down this online only, co-op focused route and ignoring the gamers who love to be submerged into epic story telling and character development
    I agree with you mate but that’s where they are making the money so it won’t stop. Battlefront is a prime example, a game released on the PS2 is better than both PS4 games combined.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Anyone know when FM18 updates its database with the January transfers?

Really disliked the small updates they made to this years game, found the tactics/team selector and also the half time team talk section almost unplayable, havnt turned it back on since the day it came out, any updates been done to correct the gripes I have?

Also Iíd have thought there will be a download available for the window update online somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by WinterPoolStark View Post
    Anyone played/playing ĎFortnite Battle Royaleí? Iím quite Enjoying it atm
    Itís ok, but itís too cartoony for me... I prefer PUBG

Thanks bud! Think I will start with the Witcher, Metal Gear probably a little too similar to hitman in terms of stealth and espionage. Iíve read the DLC alone for the Witcher won multiple awards.

Shame this thread isnít as active as some of the others Iíd love go get a good chat going whereby I can rant about how all games seem to be going down this online only, co-op focused route and ignoring the gamers who love to be submerged into epic story telling and character development
    You pretty much summed up how I feel!

Give me a single player game with a great story any day over anything online or co-op!

WinterPoolStark is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by S_7 View Post
    Yeah really enjoying it too. Best way to describe it is mass cartoon hunger games.
    Quote Originally Posted by AngriestRed View Post
    It’s ok, but it’s too cartoony for me... I prefer PUBG
    It’s the cartoony aspect of it that I quite liked, makes it fun. I kept getting invites from loads of players and thought ‘might as well’, glad I did. I like talking to random strangers too

I’m one of those chicken-**** players who hides until he’s forced to fight, the highest place I got was 3rd anyone been the last man standing yet?

What’s PUBG? I’m guessing it’s a similar game?

Iíve just seen that Red Dead 2 will have a Battle Royale mode. I love everything ĎWild Wild Westí so of itís true, canít wait! should be brilliant

It’s the cartoony aspect of it that I quite liked, makes it fun. I kept getting invites from loads of players and thought ‘might as well’, glad I did. I like talking to random strangers too

I’m one of those chicken-**** players who hides until he’s forced to fight, the highest place I got was 3rd anyone been the last man standing yet?

Player Unknown Battlegrounds.... It’s battle royale that’s a tad more realistic than Fortinite... I do enjoy Fortnite here and there when I want to relax

I’ve just seen that Red Dead 2 will have a Battle Royale mode. I love everything ‘Wild Wild West’ so of it’s true, can’t wait! should be brilliant
    Can’t wait for RD2!

I’ve just seen that Red Dead 2 will have a Battle Royale mode. I love everything ‘Wild Wild West’ so of it’s true, can’t wait! should be brilliant
    Quote Originally Posted by AngriestRed View Post
    Can’t wait for RD2!
    I loved Red Dead Redemption and still dust off the PS3 for a go to this day. I'm a little concerned that RD2 seems to be centred around being a bad guy when I'm definitely more of a "white hat" player but I'll keep an open mind.
    Eat. Sleep. Rave. Repeat.

I’ve had both Metal Gear Solid 5 and The Witcher 3 sat unopened for about a year now, I’ve just completed the latest Hitman game (100% achievement) and now looking to start something new, any suggestion which one of the above I should start with? Both interest me but with them both, I’ve not played any of the previous in their series so I’m a little anxious to jump in, or are there any other games you’d suggest I play, for reference, the games I’ve enjoyed most and would be looking for something similar are:

Mass effect series
    Dragon age series
    Tomb raider series
    Splinter cell series
    Dues Ex series
    Arkham series
    Hitman series

Also I’m an Xbox gamer so no PS4 exclusives please

Thanks
    If it is difficulty then I am not sure, but if it is atmosphere and story I would say try: Alan Wake; State of Decay; Life is Strange or Alien Isolation (also difficult - very on hard setting!)

Oh and deffo try fartcry 3 (more so than 4)

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    Both are brilliant games. The Witcher 3 is easily one of the best games I've ever played in my life.
    Still have to start witcher 3 - i find i love games like that but they take me a while to get into it. Have that and Elite on the go (as in once a month!)

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by DantesShadow View Post
    Still have to start witcher 3 - i find i love games like that but they take me a while to get into it. Have that and Elite on the go (as in once a month!)
    Once you start it you won't be able to put it down I'm telling you.

I’ve won it twice. One of those times was on squad mode on my own, albeit I killed one person, the last guy

Does anyone have 'Pro Evolution Soccer 2018' (on PS4 if that matters)? Have you any idea why Konami apparently ditched the option for local co-op play? I mean, it's only been present in the series for its entirety, so why dispense with it now?

What about 'FIFA 18', does that feature local co-op play? I've always preferred 'Pro Evo'. but at this point I'm willing to consider the alternative. Any help would be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by ever-red-e View Post
    Does anyone have 'Pro Evolution Soccer 2018' (on PS4 if that matters)? Have you any idea why Konami apparently ditched the option for local co-op play? I mean, it's only been present in the series for its entirety, so why dispense with it now?

What about 'FIFA 18', does that feature local co-op play? I've always preferred 'Pro Evo'. but at this point I'm willing to consider the alternative. Any help would be much appreciated.
    That’s not correct, is it? I’m sure I’ve played offline multiplayer on it. The co-op combinations are actually quite good (offline, online, 2v2, 3v3....)

That’s not correct, is it? I’m sure I’ve played offline multiplayer on it. The co-op combinations are actually quite good (offline, online, 2v2, 3v3....)
    I've just been informed by my brother that he's got local co-op working as of last night, specifically the 'Master League' (what a relief!)

Sorry for any misunderstanding my mistake has caused, and thanks for correcting me WinterPoolStark.
    Last edited by ever-red-e; 8-2-18 at 23:06. Reason: Clarification

Anyone have a Nintendo Switch? What are they like? Iíd only buy one for Mario and Zelda so they are not worth it at the moment IMO. Like to know what theyíre like though.

Anyone have a Nintendo Switch? What are they like? I’d only buy one for Mario and Zelda so they are not worth it at the moment IMO. Like to know what they’re like though.
    Not got a Switch, but I played Zelda on PC via an emulator and I'd say even if you were just gonna get it for that alone it'd probably be worth it.

I regularly play co-op fifa as a 2v2. It’s fifa seasons co op. Always used to play pro eco but the last few years had fifa. Currently 56th in the world out of about half a million. I don’t know whether to be proud or embarrassed of that fact as I’m a grown man and my wife regularly comes home to me efing and blinding wearing a headset. It’s ridiculous addictive

I regularly play co-op fifa as a 2v2. Itís fifa seasons co op. Always used to play pro eco but the last few years had fifa. Currently 56th in the world out of about half a million. I donít know whether to be proud or embarrassed of that fact as Iím a grown man and my wife regularly comes home to me efing and blinding wearing a headset. Itís ridiculous addictive

Quote Originally Posted by tnoony View Post
    I regularly play co-op fifa as a 2v2. It’s fifa seasons co op. Always used to play pro eco but the last few years had fifa. Currently 56th in the world out of about half a million. I don’t know whether to be proud or embarrassed of that fact as I’m a grown man and my wife regularly comes home to me efing and blinding wearing a headset. It’s ridiculous addictive
    You should have married a wow player.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post

I'm addicted to playing local co-op on the 'Master League' on Pro Evo.. I tried 2v2 co-op online on Pro Evo. and it had a certain charm I suppose, but really I love playing the offline option again now that my brother has discovered that it works.

Would you ever go back to Pro Evo. tnoony or are you a committed FIFA fan?

I wouldn't worry about your game playing (56th is impressive) as there's nothing wrong in unwinding with a few matches.

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    Not got a Switch, but I played Zelda on PC via an emulator and I'd say even if you were just gonna get it for that alone it'd probably be worth it.
    How was the quality on the emulator? Do you always play on your PC?

How was the quality on the emulator? Do you always play on your PC?
    Quality was great, pretty much the same as the Switch or Wii U version, but requires a fairly decent PC to run (the game shouldn't be that demanding but it's just the way the emulator works) and I played all the DLC and stuff, and of course it's all free.

And yeh I play on PC, it's much better. You can play 1080p-4K depending on your system, ultra graphics (and completely adjustable), 60+ fps, free online play, etc. not to mention you can use your PC for tons of other things other than just gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    absolutely, try raiding Sunwell Plateau or Icecrown Citadel with 24 other people at a time.

I'm addicted to playing local co-op on the 'Master League' on Pro Evo.. I tried 2v2 co-op online on Pro Evo. and it had a certain charm I suppose, but really I love playing the offline option again now that my brother has discovered that it works.

Would you ever go back to Pro Evo. tnoony or are you a committed FIFA fan?

I wouldn't worry about your game playing (56th is impressive) as there's nothing wrong in unwinding with a few matches.
    Potentially would go back to pro evo but Iíve been on fifa co op for a few years now so Iíve got a bit of rhythm. Not tried the new pro evo, think the last one I played was 2013. The gameplay has always been superior to fifa but all the lads played fifa so I converted.

I wish I could unwind playing it! Ha. Itís is possibly the most unrealistic and frustrating game Iíve even played but when you get on a role and someone rage quits itís brilliant. It seems like the only thing in life I have a talent for ha

Just started playing Nioh. Enjoyable game so far but pretty difficult.

Potentially would go back to pro evo but Iíve been on fifa co op for a few years now so Iíve got a bit of rhythm. Not tried the new pro evo, think the last one I played was 2013. The gameplay has always been superior to fifa but all the lads played fifa so I converted.

I wish I could unwind playing it! Ha. Itís is possibly the most unrealistic and frustrating game Iíve even played but when you get on a role and someone rage quits itís brilliant. It seems like the only thing in life I have a talent for ha
    The new Pro Evo. 2018 is very promising so far, with improved 'Master League' features already apparent, perhaps you could give it a go sometime, you won't regret it I promise.

As for your so-called only talent, at 56th in the world you're doing brilliantly but I'm sure there are lots of other things that you're equally as good or better at tnoony. Give yourself some credit mate.