Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 92 FirstFirst ... 4282909192
Results 2,731 to 2,737 of 2737

Thread: Letter From Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by RodgersThat View Post
    We're going to have a first time CL Champion this Summer with Nacional Asuncion making it to the Finals for the first time and becoming only the 2nd Paraguayan team to make the Finals. Surprisingly, Defensor Sporting could not reverse a 2-0 loss away at Nacional last week when they hosted them at home tonight. The Paraguayan side was outpossessed (31-69), outshot (3-23) and outclassed but nevertheless held on for a 1-0 loss that put them through on aggregate. Sixteen corners to zero tell you just how much pressure these plucky Paraguayan's weathered tonight.
    Hey mate, I'd been there last night at the Estadio Centenario, I must say that those numbers tell the whole story about the match, but those things happens when a counter-attacking team is forced to play against it's nature, Defensor had everything to get the tickets to the finals, but they didn't knew how to make things work.

I'm pretty sure that one of the last plays of the match resume clearly how this game was played, a goal here could have sent the game to PK shootout:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6sRNPHaV1k
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Well, the first game between Nacional and San Lorenzo was played three days ago, and ended 1x1.
    San Lorenzo made a better game, and dominated Nacional almost the whole time. The paraguayans only scored in the last minute of the game, and the scorer was a brother of Roque Santa Cruz .
    Should be a great game next wednesday in Argentina.

Personally I'll be rooting for Nacional.

Kloppstachio is online now Academy prospect
    Thanks Keith - unfortunately my disinterest had led me to just plain forget about the 1st leg game!

Cruzeiro stuck on neutral ?

Cruzeiro's back to back draws against mid and lower table teams has opened the door for Corinthians and Internacional to make up ground on the Brasileirao league leaders.
    I do like Dede, Romarinho, Ribeiro and Goulart but the league lacks a true superstar at the moment. Doria, just 19, is a star in the making at CB.
    But beyond these select few names, there aren't very many that could vie for a starting role in any of the major European clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by RodgersThat View Post
    Cruzeiro stuck on neutral ?

Cruzeiro's back to back draws against mid and lower table teams has opened the door for Corinthians and Internacional to make up ground on the Brasileirao league leaders.
    I do like Dede, Romarinho, Ribeiro and Goulart but the league lacks a true superstar at the moment. Doria, just 19, is a star in the making at CB.
    But beyond these select few names, there aren't very many that could vie for a starting role in any of the major European clubs.
    Unfortunatelly I dont think Cruzeiro will miss enough points to lose the Brasileirao. They trashed Robinho's Santos yesterday in great style, 3x0 and no chances to the white team.
    Until this year, people over here thought that Goulart just had a few good months in 2013, but he's proving we were wrong. If he keeps this level, will be at a great club in Europe in one or two years.

Doria can go to Europe on the cheap, as Botafogo is in real financial troubles.

And Romarinho is very bad, mate

In other news, it seems that Barcelona buyed Douglas from São Paulo for 6M Euros and will loan him back to the rest of the year. Seriously, wtf? We are joking over this all the week, its just insane.

The World Cup is done - Brazil's own fate was disastrous but back to regular business. The Serie A season is winding down and all over South America the talent pipeline continues to churn out quality.

The 2015 South American U20 tourney is coming soon ..... Time to revive this thread.

For anyone interested in checking out some of the best in South America - tonight's the Copa Sudamericana 2nd leg.

River Plate host Colombia's Atletico Nacional in Buenos Aires tonight at midnight BT on Premier Sports.
    Sky (UK only) Channel 428, Virgin Media Channel 551, IPTV TalkTalk Plus TV Channel 526

Both teams fought to a 1-1 draw in the first leg in Medellin. No away goals rule applies to this tournament so winner here will lift the trophy.
    I'm particularly impressed with Nacional's Edwin Cardona and Alexander Mejia. They were my favorites to win the Copa Lib (they didn't) but I think they will pull this off in enemy territory.