Notices
Closed Thread
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Roy Hodgson's future as LFC manager - All speculation here.

^^^ Antacid tablets..
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

RogerHuntelaar is offline First team regular
    Can you appreciate my jokes now Shody?

This is ridiculous, I can't believe he's not been sacked yet, get rid, we need to improve quickly in the league, Hodgson will not oversee a win at Old Trafford in the cup and I'd sooner see the new man in place now so he has longer with the players prior to the league game against Blackpool

shody1976 is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ThisIsntFunny View Post
    I'd love to know what was in those massive bags Hodgson was lugging out to his car.
    Christian Poulsen and Paul Konchesky.

Quote Originally Posted by ThisIsntFunny View Post
    I'd love to know what was in those massive bags Hodgson was lugging out to his car.
    Face moisturiser

All that rubbing must have given him dry skin

shody1976 is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchRed-Wolfswinkel View Post
    Can you appreciate my jokes now Shody?

Yeah! Sorry about that mate, wasn't having a go at you or anything, was in the depths of despair earlier!

Quote Originally Posted by shody1976 View Post
    Christian Poulsen and Paul Konchesky.
    lol

Pete_lad2014 is offline Academy prospect
    For some reason LFC seem to release statements around 9.00pm so there is still hope, but i doubt it lol

If they where going to sack him, they would of done it this morning.

RogerHuntelaar is offline First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by shody1976 View Post

Yeah! Sorry about that mate, wasn't having a go at you or anything, was in the depths of despair earlier!
    Don't worry, I understand.

Marina Dalglish
    Gulf of Oman but moving!
    9 minutes ago
    For those of you who want the exact location

Quote Originally Posted by allthewayLFC View Post
    have you ever been a manager and walked into a room and said you're fired?

you'll be marched in front of employment courts within days as its simply near imposible to sack someone these days such is the strong rights employees are given these days
    I assumed the manager went into the chairman's office and was positioned on the rug that hid the trap door. Then one pull of the lever and he is sent down the dusty chute and ends up in the gutter on Walton Breck Road

Quote Originally Posted by -Mike-redz- View Post
    If they where going to sack him, they would of done it this morning.
    Liverpool's owners are considering whether to sack manager Roy Hodgson but no decision has yet been taken, BBC Sport understands.

The club are not expected to make an announcement on Thursday.

could well be tomorrow there not rushing things is all

robbieflowerpot is offline Academy prospect
    They need to say SOMETHING that's for sure. Even Roy must be wishing that - unless they have in private of course.

the fact they wont say about a pre match press confrence and wont say he has are full backing says alot

Its a farce, our fans need to know, our support are awesome as we all know but they will continue to not go to matches if Roy is in charge, we are going to matches hoping we get results now instead of expecting gthem, so Roy needs to go and go now, i couldnt handle another match with him in charge and will be furious if hes in charge for Sunday against the Mancs

Please refer to earlier post in another thread ( gerrard shaking head). My closest friend is AM at a Championship club

Re Mr Hodgson.

He ( friend) the expressed concern if Mr Hodgson ever managed our club.
    From a professional point of view Mr Hodgson is considered a "regimental coach". As he keeps on reminding us he has coached for 35 years; and there lies the problem. He is a 442 coach. He will not change his methods and also does not know how to. He has no man-management skills whatsoever. He does not know how to change a game or let alone influence a game once the game has started. He will only ever substitute like for like.
    My friend went on to state ( before he was appointed) how appalling his away record is ( in any country) and how appalling his coaching sessions
    were in dealing with set pieces.( they didnt and still do not exist!!!)
    He expressed grave concerns at the removal of Benitez ( even though he personally didnt like him) at the time due to the upheaval at the club with the previous owners. The feeling being that Rafa loved the area, the fans, the club so much that he was prepared to put up with all of the crap that was going on because he thought he could be part of a new beginning with the club. ( Mr Benitez lives 5 mile from here and 7 mile away from his parents home. Montse plays golf at the same golf club as his father).
    Interestingly He ( friend) stated that due to the upheaval at the club , we would now only attract a manager of the likes of Allardyce/ McClaren/ Curbishley/Oneill/Hodgson who would just like to get LFC on their CV and wouldnt give two hoots what was going on in the boardroom. We were hardly going to get a Van Gaal, Hiddink or Mourinho with them two yanks in charge were we!!
    So he was right! We got a manager who just wanted LFC on his CV, it would be his last chance to manage a big club and we got a coach that stuck in his old ways that we unbelievably have gone backwards!!
    We have a manager who is that far detached from the Shankly ethos it is quite simply disgusting!! He assembled ok/ average plyers from around the British Isles, and sent them out of the changing room believing they were giants and could annihilate anybody. He made them feel like they were invincible. We now have a buffoon of a manager who slage his own players off to the press, doesnt back them when theyve been accused of cheating says that he's happy with a draw against Birmingham and thinks Northampton Town are formidable opponents!!!!!!!!
    And to think we got rid of a manager who gave us champions league football 5 years out of 6, defeated Barcelona and Real Madrid in their own back yard, a win/lose/ draw ratio second only to Bob Paisley,two Champions league finals in 3 years, outscored the Champions in the year we achieved a higher Premiership points score ( came 2nd), left behind a squad ( a squad that people **** off as being the worst for years) that had more players at the World Cup Finals than any other club on the planet, and most of all got it!! HE GOT IT!!!

He understood what this club is all about. He understood what loving LFC was all about. He understood that we ARE different from other fans. We mostly dont fit in to the Soccer AM modern footabll fan mentality. He integrated himself into the community, he was here for life, he had plans and still has for his girls to attend University here. His wife loved and still loves it here. Interesting that she reinstated her membership at the golf club on the wirral on November 26th 2010 and reinstated the girls for the start of this term , on the same day!!!! ( 3 weeks before he was sacked). I hope Rafa is now taking the time out of football that his wife had asked him to and that he is sorting his head out. I'm not saying Rafa should come back, far from it , but my friends who know me , know I dont speak until Ive got something to tell them ,and with the people I work with and for , and the friends I have within the game, I only pass on which I know is fact.
    I dont post regularly, so as December /January is quiet for me I tend to visit and make contact with all the people in my social circle, so I'll pass on some snippets for you to digest , while Im in the mood.

Peter Crouch moved to Portsmouth purely for the London Lifestyle. Rafa never wanted him to leave and even offered him a new 4 year contract at £60k. He turned it down and forced through his move to Portsmouth where he bought his family home in ......... Cobham, Surrey!!!!!! Yes folks 70 mile away 3 doors from John Terry !!! He had promised Heiraderson he would buy his house and then went back on his word so that Abby could have the lifestyle she craved. Only after he was late 3 times for training in the first two weeks ( traffic on A3) did Harry insist he stayed in The Marriott the night before each training day!!!

People ask what really went on in the summer ( June/ July 2009) when Rafa referred to something changing.
    The previous owners had promised Rafa the Alonso money ( £ 24.5 million paid in full) and then went back on their word. All the money was used to to pay the interest to RBS!!!They then pulled the plug on the transfer budget during the transfer negotiations for Glen Johnson. Chelsea found out about this and made there interest in Glen Johnson public ( June 10 th 2009 approx) and hence pushing the price up and wiping out the budget. The owners also insisted that due to the club being for sale that the only clubs that Rafa could deal with were clubs that still owed Liverpool money!! ie they technically used their valid credit notes at Portsmouth and Roma. Liverpool were owed £6million by Portsmouth and £3 million by Roma.
    This explains why Rafa was forced to buy an injured player who was not fit. The £ 3million was written off as a down payment , with a further £4 million when he had played a certain number of games or January 31st whatever came first!. Due to 3 injuries Aqualani crept up to the deadline. The owners/ Purslow instructed Rafa not to play Aqualani during XMAs 2009 and January 2010 as they felt they had been kidded by Roma and were reluctant to pay a further £ 4 million in January. Rafa did as he was told and no further payment neede to be made until June 2010. THis is why Rafa put Aqualani on as a late sub for 30msecs, in a European game so as Purslow couldnt loan him out or sell him against his wishes. Stubbornness or stupidity, whatever but as you can see Rafa was getting pretty sick of things by now!! This was the last straw for the owners and Purslow who then decided Rafa needed to go!!

And finally THE BOMB!!

We all remember the Torres debacle last season. His injury, whether he needed an operation or not , whether he was fit or not, whether he had fell out with Rafa or not, whether he wanted to leave or not.

Well here goes. I'm telling some of these as I am thoroughly ********** off with the goings on at our club!! From the completely inept Parry to the lies fed to the press by Purslow and the previous owners to deflect the blame for the mess that was being created , onto Mr Benitez.

Torres had had an operation in early 2010 to cure a knee problem. He was brought back but wasnt truly fit and was infact "running lame". Under the current physios and doctors he ( Torres) was assured that he would recover all fitness and strength for the World Cup. Torres at this time had made it clear that didnt want to miss the world Cup. He made a few substitute appearances and few starts , without really looking fit or even comfortable.
    At this stage people need to know how most top clubs work in getting players fit for a weekend and how that information dictates the team selection. The day before a game, the fitness coaches and physios will submit a list or report to the manager on what the players personal fitness levels are, what stage of recovery they are and what minutes they can be expected to give. The manager then selects his team and subs based on that
    information.
    Birmingham away 4th April 2010
    Rafa having been instructed that Torres was progressing fine, wasnt running lame and just needed game time started him. Anyone remember how poor and how ineffective Torres was in the first half? He was substituted early in the 2nd half, much to the disgust of our captain, who famously looked at the camera in disgust at the switch when we were trying to win the game.
    Rafa had asked the club doctor and physios at half time and again early in the 2nd half if they thought that Torres was indeed fit and indeed fit enough to start. A senior player confirmed to me at the time that neither the physio or doctor said anything at all, leaving Rafa to assume that something was not right. With Benfica coming up on the Thursday he immediately removed Torres as he feared further injury, risking the wrath of the fans who knew we needed Torres on the pitch to win the game and keep CL qualification alive.
    Rafa then questioned Torres fitness levels in the week of the Benfica game and was again reassured that all was ok. He started against Benfica and scored , but suffered a reaction to the knee. Over the next few days he returned to Spain to see the surgeon, who reported to Rafa that the knee had
    deteriorated and he had suffered further injury due to being " rushed back" and " not being looked after properly". It was decided there and then that Torres would undergo further surgery in an effort to be fit for the World cup.

When I spoke to a chief steward in MAY 2010 , he told me that Rafa had told him that he had been lied to about Torres state of fitness by the fitness team and he felt awful that Torres would probably miss the world cup because of it.
    Torress' anger at being treated like this was portrayed by his agent who told Rafa , his client would never play for LFC again, blaming the club for him missing a return to Athletico Madrid and also ruining his World Cup chances/preparation, and putting the club before his personal health!!
    Torres was furious and didnt believe neither Benitez explanation nor the medical staffs account of things, choosing to blme both parties.
    The chief steward then told me that this was the reason that the medical staff involved had resigned their positions at the club in "disgust at the pressure and unethical approach from senior management to influence and alter a professional diagnosis and process in administering a fitness rehabilitation programme to a LFC employee"

Rafa had then since told the chief steward that he could not believe that the medical staff had behaved so unprofessionally and felt deeply upset that people he had hired, had lied to him be it under pressure or not.

It transpired that certain previous employees of LFC under instruction from previous owners of LFC had asked certain previous members of the medical staff to get Torres back as soon as possible and that risks needed to be taken to try and ensure CL qualification so as the club was a more viable proposition to any prespective buyers!!!!
    We all know who this former employee is and it wasnt Sir Martin Broughton!

Anyway think Ive said enough really. Whether this causes me a few problems with the circle of friends i have im not sure. its out there now and im not that bothered whos ********** off with it.
    Our club is falling to pieces by buffoons. God help us!!

L'pool latest - lots of talks today but am told still no decision has been made. Interesting 24hrs ahead. Dan Roan Tweet 30secs ago

Quote Originally Posted by KopWaa View Post
    L'pool latest - lots of talks today but am told still no decision has been made. Interesting 24hrs ahead. Dan Roan Tweet 30secs ago
    Its taking a little bit longer than some of us expected but for me that confirms he is all but gone.

Its a matter of 'when' they decide to pull the trigger not 'if' now imo.

Have heard rumours that Hodgson is not gonna get the boot until the right replacement is found and none of NESVs targets are availble at the moment

We could be stuck with him

Quote Originally Posted by woollie View Post
    Peter Crouch moved to Portsmouth purely for the London Lifestyle. Rafa never wanted him to leave and even offered him a new 4 year contract at £60k. He turned it down and forced through his move to Portsmouth where he bought his family home in ......... Cobham, Surrey!!!!!! Yes folks 70 mile away 3 doors from John Terry !!! He had promised Heiraderson he would buy his house and then went back on his word so that Abby could have the lifestyle she craved. Only after he was late 3 times for training in the first two weeks ( traffic on A3) did Harry insist he stayed in The Marriott the night before each training day!!!

People ask what really went on in the summer ( June/ July 2009) when Rafa referred to something changing.
    The previous owners had promised Rafa the Alonso money ( £ 24.5 million paid in full) and then went back on their word. All the money was used to to pay the interest to RBS!!!They then pulled the plug on the transfer budget during the transfer negotiations for Glen Johnson. Chelsea found out about this and made there interest in Glen Johnson public ( June 10 th 2009 approx) and hence pushing the price up and wiping out the budget. The owners also insisted that due to the club being for sale that the only clubs that Rafa could deal with were clubs that still owed Liverpool money!! ie they technically used their valid credit notes at Portsmouth and Roma. Liverpool were owed £6million by Portsmouth and £3 million by Roma.
    This explains why Rafa was forced to buy an injured player who was not fit. The £ 3million was written off as a down payment , with a further £4 million when he had played a certain number of games or January 31st whatever came first!. Due to 3 injuries Aqualani crept up to the deadline. The owners/ Purslow instructed Rafa not to play Aqualani during XMAs 2009 and January 2010 as they felt they had been kidded by Roma and were reluctant to pay a further £ 4 million in January. Rafa did as he was told and no further payment neede to be made until June 2010. THis is why Rafa put Aqualani on as a late sub for 30msecs, in a European game so as Purslow couldnt loan him out or sell him against his wishes. Stubbornness or stupidity, whatever but as you can see Rafa was getting pretty sick of things by now!! This was the last straw for the owners and Purslow who then decided Rafa needed to go!!

And finally THE BOMB!!

We all remember the Torres debacle last season. His injury, whether he needed an operation or not , whether he was fit or not, whether he had fell out with Rafa or not, whether he wanted to leave or not.

Well here goes. I'm telling some of these as I am thoroughly ********** off with the goings on at our club!! From the completely inept Parry to the lies fed to the press by Purslow and the previous owners to deflect the blame for the mess that was being created , onto Mr Benitez.

Torres had had an operation in early 2010 to cure a knee problem. He was brought back but wasnt truly fit and was infact "running lame". Under the current physios and doctors he ( Torres) was assured that he would recover all fitness and strength for the World Cup. Torres at this time had made it clear that didnt want to miss the world Cup. He made a few substitute appearances and few starts , without really looking fit or even comfortable.
    At this stage people need to know how most top clubs work in getting players fit for a weekend and how that information dictates the team selection. The day before a game, the fitness coaches and physios will submit a list or report to the manager on what the players personal fitness levels are, what stage of recovery they are and what minutes they can be expected to give. The manager then selects his team and subs based on that
    information.
    Birmingham away 4th April 2010
    Rafa having been instructed that Torres was progressing fine, wasnt running lame and just needed game time started him. Anyone remember how poor and how ineffective Torres was in the first half? He was substituted early in the 2nd half, much to the disgust of our captain, who famously looked at the camera in disgust at the switch when we were trying to win the game.
    Rafa had asked the club doctor and physios at half time and again early in the 2nd half if they thought that Torres was indeed fit and indeed fit enough to start. A senior player confirmed to me at the time that neither the physio or doctor said anything at all, leaving Rafa to assume that something was not right. With Benfica coming up on the Thursday he immediately removed Torres as he feared further injury, risking the wrath of the fans who knew we needed Torres on the pitch to win the game and keep CL qualification alive.
    Rafa then questioned Torres fitness levels in the week of the Benfica game and was again reassured that all was ok. He started against Benfica and scored , but suffered a reaction to the knee. Over the next few days he returned to Spain to see the surgeon, who reported to Rafa that the knee had
    deteriorated and he had suffered further injury due to being " rushed back" and " not being looked after properly". It was decided there and then that Torres would undergo further surgery in an effort to be fit for the World cup.

When I spoke to a chief steward in MAY 2010 , he told me that Rafa had told him that he had been lied to about Torres state of fitness by the fitness team and he felt awful that Torres would probably miss the world cup because of it.
    Torress' anger at being treated like this was portrayed by his agent who told Rafa , his client would never play for LFC again, blaming the club for him missing a return to Athletico Madrid and also ruining his World Cup chances/preparation, and putting the club before his personal health!!
    Torres was furious and didnt believe neither Benitez explanation nor the medical staffs account of things, choosing to blme both parties.
    The chief steward then told me that this was the reason that the medical staff involved had resigned their positions at the club in "disgust at the pressure and unethical approach from senior management to influence and alter a professional diagnosis and process in administering a fitness rehabilitation programme to a LFC employee"

Rafa had then since told the chief steward that he could not believe that the medical staff had behaved so unprofessionally and felt deeply upset that people he had hired, had lied to him be it under pressure or not.

It transpired that certain previous employees of LFC under instruction from previous owners of LFC had asked certain previous members of the medical staff to get Torres back as soon as possible and that risks needed to be taken to try and ensure CL qualification so as the club was a more viable proposition to any prespective buyers!!!!
    We all know who this former employee is and it wasnt Sir Martin Broughton!

Anyway think Ive said enough really. Whether this causes me a few problems with the circle of friends i have im not sure. its out there now and im not that bothered whos ********** off with it.
    Our club is falling to pieces by buffoons. God help us!!
    One heck of an 11th post and very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by petefarrelly View Post
    Have heard rumours that Hodgson is not gonna get the boot until the right replacement is found and none of NESVs targets are availble at the moment

We could be stuck with him
    Where from Pete?

Graggster is offline Backing our Moderators since 1892
    According to Beacroft Dalglish is out the country for a few days so everything has to wait til he gets back anyway....

Quote Originally Posted by robbieflowerpot View Post
    Where from Pete?
    They are talking about it on RAWK, plus im sure the press related to it last week aswell but im not certain

theres so much more robbie flowerpot. Can someone tell me how to insert the quote im referring to in my reply

So i assume roy is getting to live yet another day and game god help us sunday if so

Graggster is offline Backing our Moderators since 1892
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBestIsLFC View Post
    So i assume roy is getting to live yet another day and game god help us sunday if so
    Torres is due a good game..

SSN stating deffo Roy will be in charge at Old trafford at least FFS

was told this afternoon by a talksport presenter that new owners are reluctant to do anything until the new CEO is appointed. They had 2nd round
    of interviews just before xmas and have made their choice. This, however, for whatever reason, was not due to be announced until 12th Jan. They would rather the new man made the choice as they dont feel in-touch with the situation here yet. The rumour last week is that Commoli favours Deschamps and Dalglish favours Owen Coyle