Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 206 of 262 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208216256 ... LastLast
Results 6,151 to 6,180 of 7860

Thread: The Cricket Thread

Liverpoolforme is offline First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CTA84 View Post
    Bishoo, the spinner in this Test, isn't a bad leggie. I like the look of Narine (a very promising off-spinner) and expected to see him in the Windies XI, but i was quite suprised when i saw him bowling in the IPL the other day! Obviously a T20 knockabout is more important than a prestige Test series on home soil.
    Really?

I would be very disappointed if any of our players put the IPL above England.

If i'm honest I only really follow international cricket these days, do any of our players play in the IPL?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by Liverpoolforme View Post
    Really?

I would be very disappointed if any of our players put the IPL above England.

If i'm honest I only really follow international cricket these days, do any of our players play in the IPL?
    KP's the only one playing in it this year i think, for the Delhi Daredevils maybe. I've only watched a couple of overs of it myself this year, but i'll probably get into it more as it goes along.

i was thinking about the discussion we were having last night and considering the level of coaching and infrastructure, you guys should in theory be miles ahead of the subcontinent teams yet we have been as competitive if not better which brings me to my question whether these things actually matter?

oh and shiv chanderpaul with a century...what a legend

Quote Originally Posted by -Manbat- View Post
    i was thinking about the discussion we were having last night and considering the level of coaching and infrastructure, you guys should in theory be miles ahead of the subcontinent teams yet we have been as competitive if not better which brings me to my question whether these things actually matter?

You're just thinking cricket though, there are many sports out there including the olympics and with out trying to come off sounding arrogant we are ahead of the subcontinent in most of them.

Having a proper infrastructure and system can only be a good thing in everything you do, although like I said yesterday ours is far from perfect and we really need to follow suit with how the Aussies do it.

You're just thinking cricket though, there are many sports out there including the olympics and with out trying to come off sounding arrogant we are ahead of the subcontinent in most of them.

Having a proper infrastructure and system can only be a good thing in everything you do, although like I said yesterday ours is far from perfect and we really need to follow suit with how the Aussies do it.
    i was talking only about cricket but then again, none of the other sports are as popular as cricket so if we assume that sport X is the most popular sport in the country, said country will produce quality sportsmen in that particular sport regardless of infrastructure?

i was talking only about cricket but then again, none of the other sports are as popular as cricket so if we assume that sport X is the most popular sport in the country, said country will produce quality sportsmen in that particular sport regardless of infrastructure?
    This is definitely true, Just look at Brazil when it comes to football for a perfect example of this.

Quote Originally Posted by CTA84 View Post
    KP's the only one playing in it this year i think, for the Delhi Daredevils maybe. I've only watched a couple of overs of it myself this year, but i'll probably get into it more as it goes along.
    Apparently KP thinks it'll help him with his experience of playing in the subcontinent .... Nothing to do with the $100,000's he'll be getting of course!

Quote Originally Posted by Ens007 View Post
    Apparently KP thinks it'll help him with his experience of playing in the subcontinent .... Nothing to do with the $100,000's he'll be getting of course!
    To be fair it's probably a good idea. As long as he turns up for England every time he's called then i'm all for it.

In fact if it works maybe more of our players should do it.

changeaname is online now Academy prospect
    KP is playing tomorrow for those of you didn't know

The wickets that are prepared for the IPL are nowhere close to the ones that England will get when they tour for tests in India..you can bet that in a 3 test series, at least two tracks will be square turners. IPL tracks are dead as a dodo that you and I could go out there and make some runs without too much fuss.

This is definitely true, Just look at Brazil when it comes to football for a perfect example of this.
    it's funny but i almost cited brazil-football as an example in that post

Quote Originally Posted by pete752 View Post
    The wickets that are prepared for the IPL are nowhere close to the ones that England will get when they tour for tests in India..you can bet that in a 3 test series, at least two tracks will be square turners. IPL tracks are dead as a dodo that you and I could go out there and make some runs without too much fuss.
    he's just covering up his tracks

aussies in a bit of trouble at 148-4

sammy with 2 wickets and 14 runs of 10 overs

how the **** is that guy even in the team let alone the captain?

When it comes to cricket, I think the sub continent has a lot more natural talent..Pakistan seems to produce fast bowlers off the conveyor belt all the time that other teams drool over and India seems to produce good batsmen on a consistent basis. England is actually undergoing a renaissance in cricket terms in recent times which I think has a lot to do with county cricket being run properly once again though I'm not sure about this point.

I just hope the Windies follow suit in the cricket renaissance saga as it would be brilliant for the sport to have a Windies team fit and firing.

RedMammoth is offline at night, shepherds take fright
    windies seem to have taken a leaf out of pakistan's book and going at a snails pace against the aussies
    Pakistan? Look at South Africa...

Quote Originally Posted by RedMammoth View Post
    Pakistan? Look at South Africa...
    i don't get your post

When it comes to cricket, I think the sub continent has a lot more natural talent..Pakistan seems to produce fast bowlers off the conveyor belt all the time that other teams drool over and India seems to produce good batsmen on a consistent basis. England is actually undergoing a renaissance in cricket terms in recent times which I think has a lot to do with county cricket being run properly once again though I'm not sure about this point.

I just hope the Windies follow suit in the cricket renaissance saga as it would be brilliant for the sport to have a Windies team fit and firing.
    i don't know about india but the domestic system here is pretty poor

i'm under the impression that the average cricketer in england can play county cricket all his life and lead a comfortable life...is this true?

i don't know about india but the domestic system here is pretty poor

i'm under the impression that the average cricketer in england can play county cricket all his life and lead a comfortable life...is this true?
    The domestic system in India is pretty poor too..it's just surprising that Pakistan and India keep producing talent (India less so these days) despite all the disadvantages compared to developed nations. Not sure about your query about English domestic cricket..I'm sure one of our English regulars on this thread will be able to shed some light.

The domestic system in India is pretty poor too..it's just surprising that Pakistan and India keep producing talent (India less so these days) despite all the disadvantages compared to developed nations. Not sure about your query about English domestic cricket..I'm sure one of our English regulars on this thread will be able to shed some light.
    how's the domestic system in india in monetary terms?

how's the domestic system in india in monetary terms?
    It's not bad but it's not great either..you certainly won't be able to retire for life just playing domestic cricket in India.

Is the England vs Sri Lanka Test Series over yet? So I can come back to post in this thread without having to listen to the English ramble on and on.

**** ALL OF YOU! ONCE AGAIN NO ONE REPLIES WHEN I'M HERE! OMGZZZZ! THIS IS NOT FAIR!

Quote Originally Posted by Monis View Post
    Is the England vs Sri Lanka Test Series over yet? So I can come back to post in this thread without having to listen to the English ramble on and on.
    Time of the month perhaps?! ;-)

Time of the month perhaps?! ;-)
    You blokes could never cope with times of the month

RedMammoth is offline at night, shepherds take fright
    Quote Originally Posted by Jelly-the-4th View Post
    You blokes could never cope with times of the month
    We do have to, you have your own special way of sharing it.

**** ALL OF YOU! ONCE AGAIN NO ONE REPLIES WHEN I'M HERE! OMGZZZZ! THIS IS NOT FAIR!
    Maybe it's because you are alienating all the English.....

Somebody appears to have woken up on the wrong side of the bed today

Quote Originally Posted by RedMammoth View Post
    We do have to, you have your own special way of sharing it.
    We make you your sandwiches, we go into hormonal rages seven days per month, fair deal I reckon

Quote Originally Posted by Jelly-the-4th View Post
    Somebody appears to have woken up on the wrong side of the bed today

We make you your sandwiches, we go into hormonal rages seven days per month, fair deal I reckon
    It's not fair when I have to make the sandwiches anyway and she still goes into her usual rages each month

I'm not complaining, mind you

It's not fair when I have to make the sandwiches anyway and she still goes into her usual rages each month

I'm not complaining, mind you
    Easy solution, stay single!!!!!!

Easy solution, stay single!!!!!!
    Cheeky

dear lord

what has become of this place?