Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Suso

1. #1 Crest Suso 
    So apparently another Man of the Match performance in the senior cup. He really does look like a star in the making. He has impressed me like no other player has in our youth team for the last decade (a time i have been up to date with the reserves/youth teams).

The game against Everton reserves was a perfect example of his ability. Especially one pass i loved, i don't know how many will be able to recall where he was about to cross the ball and when no one expected, slid Irwin through. The amount of times he can pick the right pass out is staggering for his age.

When you're watching a match on TV you think 'oh this pass would have been great' but not only can he do that but in fact better it. Irwin being one example. In addition, he has a sweet left foot and great footwork. He's not the quickest but my god his potential would be even more unreal if that was the case. Maybe God wanted his opponents to at least have a fair chance

But jokes aside, this guy HAS IT. He just does. I know how important it is for us to not hype this sort of stuff up and put unnecessary pressure on the youngsters but if they have it they will make it. Just ask Messi, Ronaldo etc.

I think it's clear that he will someday break into the first-team. My question is when do you think would be the right time? Because delaying it can have a bad affect too like Pacheco maybe? (even though i have some hope for him still)
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Snippes is online now First team regular
    Preaching to the choir, mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Snipes View Post
    Maybe. But when would be the right time?

The lads got it that's for sure, there's no better manager in kenny Dalglish to bring him through into the first team.. Such an exciting prospectamongst q few others....

Quote Originally Posted by uponmychest View Post
    The lads got it that's for sure, there's no better manager in kenny Dalglish to bring him through into the first team.. Such an exciting prospectamongst q few others....
    Others are touch and go for me. He has superior technical quality to 80 percent of our first-team and that's not a joke.

Yea he has great vision and can run with the ball, can score a goal aswell..

Quote Originally Posted by LFCmylife View Post
    Maybe. But when would be the right time?
    I agree with you that its time to start slowly but definitely blooding him into the first team staring this summer. I dont' think he is gaining much from the reserves next season, he is streets ahead of that class. I think we can bring him on as slowly as we did with Jonjo this season.

I hope we do but we tend to be very delicate about these things for some reason. Overly delicate IMO.

I agree with you that its time to start slowly but definitely blooding him into the first team staring this summer. I dont' think he is gaining much from the reserves next season, he is streets ahead of that class. I think we can bring him on as slowly as we did with Jonjo this season.

I hope we do but we tend to be very delicate about these things for some reason. Overly delicate IMO.
    Exactly, especially if they're foreign. Also, i believe Suso is better than Jonjo at this stage. They're almost the same age but Jonjo probably got in first because of his size. We also put too much importance on how big players are. You don't need 11 big players to win a game.

Fabregas coped didn't he?

Gazza74 is online now LFCTV GO Football Poster of the Season 2013-14
    I'll trust Kenny and those at the club to know when Suso is ready for the step up to the first team.

Kenny has shown he's not afraid to put young players in his team and this is with him not yet secured as permanent manager.

As soon as he is and he has more freedom i expect more young players to get chances, but only if he feels they are ready.

I think we can trust him over any other manager to know when a player is ready to play for this club.

50P-WSTB-Head is offline First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazza74 View Post
    I'll trust Kenny and those at the club to know when Suso is ready for the step up to the first team.

Kenny has shown he's not afraid to put young players in his team and this is with him not yet secured as permanent manager.

As soon as he is and he has more freedom i expect more young players to get chances, but only if he feels they are ready.

I think we can trust him over any other manager to know when a player is ready to play for this club.
    I <3 you Gazza

Let's wait and see, Pacheco was spoken of in exactly the same way, how he develops over the next 2 years will determine if he will make it here, at the moment its just promise and nothing else.

Dude...we get it. You trust, Kenny You say it after every post here, Jeezus.

We trust him too. Doesn't mean there aren't two sides to any player opinion though. I will go with Kenny over just about most issues...but there are times when we can offer an assessment or approach that slightly differs from Kenny who, believe it or not isn't infallible. Sometimes, Kenny might get a bit conservative with some decisions because let's face it, he is still vying for his job full time. Its not to say he is wrong or we know better than he does. But sometimes, there is more than one way of skinning a cat is all.

old-school is online now Academy prospect
    Whilst kicking at an open door

Dude...we get it. You trust, Kenny You say it after every post here, Jeezus.

We trust him too. Doesn't mean there aren't two sides to any player opinion though. I will go with Kenny over just about most issues...but there are times when we can offer an assessment or approach that slightly differs from Kenny who, believe it or not isn't infallible. Sometimes, Kenny might get a bit conservative with some decisions because let's face it, he is still vying for his job full time. Its not to say he is wrong or we know better than he does. But sometimes, there is more than one way of skinning a cat is all.
    Not sure what this has to do with what i posted, but anyhow.

I merely said Kenny knows these young players better than anyone as he's been with them for the last couple of years, so if anyone knows when they'll be ready, it'll be him.

Got nothing to do with thinking differently to Kenny and not sure why you posted this response to me.

Alon1 is online now First team regular

following this reasoning we would have to shut this forum as there is not much point to debate if Kenny is going to do the right thing anyway, surely you must have an opinion of your own about Suso?

Quote Originally Posted by Alon1 View Post
    following this reasoning we would have to shut this forum as there is not much point to debate if Kenny is going to do the right thing anyway, surely you must have an opinion of your own about Suso?
    Christ almighty, i should have worded my post better clearly...

I wasn't having a go at anyone, i wasn't saying anything bad about anyone's opinion, i wasn't saying people can't campaign to have Suso in the team and if Kenny doesn't do it you can't have a right go at him, i wasn't saying anything about anyone else's view.

I was just giving MY opinion that we have someone in charge who's worked closely with these young players since being installed in that position nearly 2 years ago and so we can trust him more than any other manager to know their progression and when they are ready for our first team.

That was all.........

My own opinion on Suso is he's an extremely talented player who could be an excellent player for us in the future if he keeps developing as he is now. He is one who'll come through into the first team i'm sure, when that is, we'll see, but it's more likely it'll be sooner rather than later.

It's hard to see Suso and maybe Sterling NOT getting a game in the first team at some point in the future .. is next season too soon for one or the other or both. A lot also depends on who we sign in Suso's direct position next season, as an established 'Suarez-like' signing could limit his / their chances.

One's thing for sure - if Kenny rates him, he will play him - Kenny himself made his competitive debut at 17, Suso is 17 already, age won't matter.

he looks like enrique iglesais.

but he looks rlly good. i just wish he had more pace.

Great player! Really good vision and makes space for himself in good positions on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by grenny158 View Post
    It's hard to see Suso and maybe Sterling NOT getting a game in the first team at some point in the future .. is next season too soon for one or the other or both. A lot also depends on who we sign in Suso's direct position next season, as an established 'Suarez-like' signing could limit his / their chances.

One's thing for sure - if Kenny rates him, he will play him - Kenny himself made his competitive debut at 17, Suso is 17 already, age won't matter.
    Yeh, i'd agree with that.

If our squad is going to get bigger and better for next season then it's going to be more difficult for young players coming through.

I guess it'll be getting the balance right between bringing new players in and not bringing to many as you'll be saving slots for the quality youngsters to fill within the squad.

I expect we could see Suso introduced to first team football next season probably in the League Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by grenny158 View Post

Yeh, i'd agree with that.

If our squad is going to get bigger and better for next season then it's going to be more difficult for young players coming through.

I guess it'll be getting the balance right between bringing new players in and not bringing to many as you'll be saving slots for the quality youngsters to fill within the squad.
    the bench is to be filled and

Suso, http://thekop.liverpoolfc.tv/_SUSO/b...87/173471.html

Needs to be on the bench next season starling in the middle of the season he need more time
    Last edited by LHunter; 31-3-11 at 22:37.

Was he injured? He had a few games, where he was a bit below par. I'm glad he's back on song and playing well.

Quote Originally Posted by Alon1 View Post
    This.

Not sure what this has to do with what i posted, but anyhow.

I merely said Kenny knows these young players better than anyone as he's been with them for the last couple of years, so if anyone knows when they'll be ready, it'll be him.

Got nothing to do with thinking differently to Kenny and not sure why you posted this response to me.
    See Alon's post above. Don't get defensive when I point this out but you do have a habit lately of answering most questions posed on player choices, or targets or especially youth players with..."I will trust Kenny to know what to do, when to do it" and you give the impression that its pointless to even have a discussion or even think about things because Kenny knows best, trust him, and just watch whatever he does because its 100% right.

I only pointed it out to you to assure you that we all - well most of us not named Lizboy anyway - share in your faith in Kenny unconditionally. But there have been moments when Kenny, naturally and understandably has gripped on the steering wheel too tightly (like in our team selections in Europa) and acted perhaps a tad conservatively partly because he probably wants to keep the job and would rather not take a risk or two. Which again is understandable.

We do trust him - but we also sometimes assess and offer alternate options and it just that at times you come off as if we don't trust Kenny as much as you do, and we shouldn't dare suggest for example Pacheco or Suso might get more of a chance if we let loose a bit.

I can honestly see this Summer's friendlies as being (perhaps) our most exciting to date...

Quote Originally Posted by biggiemal View Post
    I can honestly see this Summer's friendlies as being (perhaps) our most exciting to date...
    Yup. Can't wait!

Jazzy-J is offline Most Amusing Forum Robson Green
    Quote Originally Posted by biggiemal View Post
    Except, worryingly, Suarez and Lucas will be playing in the Copa America and turning up for the start of the season already tired. Aces.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddes View Post
    Let's wait and see, Pacheco was spoken of in exactly the same way, how he develops over the next 2 years will determine if he will make it here, at the moment its just promise and nothing else.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nE14...eature=related

You mean this guy? Who excelled in pre-season with his spanish team mates yet is somehow behind Ecclestone. (Or maybe because roy was aware of Nathan's emo nature )

Also, we can't doubt his attitude either. He asked to play in a reserve match to get his fitness levels up for one of the europa games only for him to not play any part. But still shows good attitude. We know he has some ability. There is no question he has more ability than the likes of Spearing, who himself can be dire in any sort of first team action for two years yet get chances, yet does not get a chance. It's baffling for me. Only thing that explains it is that he's not english.

We had all this with Pacheco as well

Quote Originally Posted by Reina-the-Monk View Post
    We had all this with Pacheco as well
    Nope. I can assure you it was not this. We had this with Pacheco last year. Not his first year with the reserves.

Before, sure, he caught some people's eye but he was always talked about with a group of people and not separately.