Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Doctor Who

Brilliant episode. Good news that this is only half way through the series. It returns in Autumn I think
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Liverpoolforme is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnerWinTheLeague View Post
    Brilliant episode. Good news that this is only half way through the series. It returns in Autumn I think
    Correct, there are 6 more episodes of the series. In a way this is better as other wise we would have to wait ages for the christmas special.

Being smaller gaps alows me to spend less time waiting! Plus there is something to look forward to now in the Autumn!!

LukasBrodolski is offline Academy prospect
    Is there not a million episodes of this show out yet??

I hear a lot of people talking about it either onlone, through my mates, on podcasts etc

Ive become curious now

Where should i actually begin to watch it?? What series should i look to "acquire" on the internet?? Where is the best point to start etc??

And before people answer im really not in the mood to go back to the really old school black and white version or that

Didnt the whole series get a reboot a few years back??

Given a reboot in 2004 (or 2005, not too sure) and it was called series one.

LukasBrodolski is offline Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Falklands4England View Post
    Given a reboot in 2004 (or 2005, not too sure) and it was called series one.
    So i should just search for S1 from 2004/5 then??

And you're sure it doesn't continue on from years ago and its actually series 25 or anything??

Quote Originally Posted by liverpoolforme View Post
    Correct, there are 6 more episodes of the series. In a way this is better as other wise we would have to wait ages for the christmas special.

Being smaller gaps alows me to spend less time waiting! Plus there is something to look forward to now in the Autumn!!
    I like the small gap too.

What do you think of "Let's Kill Hitler"? I'm guessing Hitler has got himself a nice army of CyberMen or something to take over the world.

Also episode 11 may be a big one seeing it is called "The God Complex"

Quote Originally Posted by OoohThatsClever View Post
    Is there not a million episodes of this show out yet??

I hear a lot of people talking about it either onlone, through my mates, on podcasts etc

Ive become curious now

Where should i actually begin to watch it?? What series should i look to "acquire" on the internet?? Where is the best point to start etc??

And before people answer im really not in the mood to go back to the really old school black and white version or that

Didnt the whole series get a reboot a few years back??
    Start from the series re boot like above says, with Christopher Eccleston, there is 1 season with him as Doctor, then 3 with David Tennant and were currently in Matt Smith's second. There are also various christmas and one off episodes with David Tennant and Matt smith. Trust me you wont regret it.
    I like the small gap too.

What do you think of "Let's Kill Hitler"? I'm guessing Hitler has got himself a nice army of CyberMen or something to take over the world.

Also episode 11 may be a big one seeing it is called "The God Complex"
    The title actually made me laugh.... I have a feeling it wont be to do with Hitler directly but hey I could be wrong!

Yeah I noticed that....could be a big one!

Anyone watched TorchWood aswell? I saw the last series which went on for 5 days but I'm gonna check to see if I can find other series because I loved them.

I'd like to see the Daleks back this series. I love the episodes with them in

I personally thought 'A Good Man Goes To War' was the best episode in Moffat's Dr Who franchise (not neccessarily the best episode he's ever done - Blink and Silence In The Library were better episodes. Just the best one since he took over from RTD) Thought it was Matt Smith's best episode aswell. Was great to see his character in full flow (angry, quirky, heroic) and can't wait for the second half of the series.

Anyone watched TorchWood aswell? I saw the last series which went on for 5 days but I'm gonna check to see if I can find other series because I loved them.

I think Stephen Moffat said the daleks are being left out of it for a while now because of the amount of times they've been brought back and defeated - don't want them getting stale. I'd be surprised if they show up again this series.

Really enjoyed the first 7 episodes - personally I would have left it with the cliffhanger at the end of episode 6 myself (when we find out about Amy) - imagine how desperate people would have been to get the next episode then? Build up some major tension.

Looking forward to the next ones though. Glad the series has one overarching storyboard, rather than a sequence of unconnected adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by AnfieldSensation View Post
    I personally thought 'A Good Man Goes To War' was the best episode in Moffat's Dr Who franchise (not neccessarily the best episode he's ever done - Blink and Silence In The Library were better episodes. Just the best one since he took over from RTD) Thought it was Matt Smith's best episode aswell. Was great to see his character in full flow (angry, quirky, heroic) and can't wait for the second half of the series.
    At first I didn't like Matt Smith but after that episode I think he is brilliant. However in the paper it said he wants a hollywood career so he may not be in the job long.

Quote Originally Posted by McManamanLegend View Post
    I think Stephen Moffat said the daleks are being left out of it for a while now because of the amount of times they've been brought back and defeated - don't want them getting stale. I'd be surprised if they show up again this series.

Really enjoyed the first 7 episodes - personally I would have left it with the cliffhanger at the end of episode 6 myself (when we find out about Amy) - imagine how desperate people would have been to get the next episode then? Build up some major tension.

Looking forward to the next ones though. Glad the series has one overarching storyboard, rather than a sequence of unconnected adventures.
    Aw that's a shame. I love episodes with Davros and with all the old stuff in that I didn't watch as I wasn't born

Well I probably would have driven myself mad thinking what happened to Amy. So for me I don't mind the cliffhanger on Episode 7 however it may have worked better on Episode 6. But this just lets us know that the final episode may be even bigger than Episode 7.

I think this series could be better than Tennant/Piper's series(3 or 4?). But they can't be Cybermen vs Daleks

think it was Moffat who said he wasnt bringing them back for awhile. He said doctor had defeated them like 400 times.
    Finale was good but its getting a bit like Lost now. Too many plot lines. getting very messy.

The last episode was brilliant however I thought the overall series was pretty poor. It started off well with 'The Impossible Astronaut' and 'Day of The Moon' but unfortunately it all went downhill until the finale. It dissapointed me a little because Matt Smith is an excellent actor but was given boring and over complicated episodes.

I didnt have any feelings when Rory nearly died. And I think that is where this season is lacking.
    You really felt for the characters when David Tennant was in it. Matt Smith still a very good actor.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsquares View Post
    I didnt have any feelings when Rory nearly died. And I think that is where this season is lacking.
    You really felt for the characters when David Tennant was in it. Matt Smith still a very good actor.
    I didn't feel anything either, but it's not because I dislike the character it was because I knew he was not dead. Seriously how many times has he died now...It's become a regular thing.

Quote Originally Posted by MexicanPiggy View Post
    Wrong, off your pedestal now

To: Benjamin Cook

Friday December 21, 2007 02:02:51 GMT

Guess what else? We've cast Alex Kingston as River Song in Steven's two-parter! ALEX KINGSTON! I ****** love her. Alex Kingston is the Doctor's wife!
    From Russell T Davies' book

Chris Eccleston and David Tennant were brilliant - Blink - legendary episode

watched half of Matt Smith's first season and gave up - it got too child-friendly for my liking

when is Torchwood coming back??? has anyone got any news???

Quote Originally Posted by jezeep View Post

watched half of Matt Smith's first season and gave up - it got too child-friendly for my liking

Can you elaborate please??

And I agree about Blink it was a brilliant episode, although it's got little to do with the Doctor. Mainly down to Sally Sparrow and the Weeping Angels!!

watched half of Matt Smith's first season and gave up - it got too child-friendly for my likingwhen is Torchwood coming back??? has anyone got any news???
    Well it is a kids show. But a lot of adults watch it now as well.

I didn't like Christopher Eccleston, however The Empty Child was brilliant.

I've read somewhere that it will be aired in August 2011.

Click here for the link to info and a possible trailer that won't load for me

Series 1 and 2 of Torchwood has just been found. Might watch it after Apprentice tonight

I've read somewhere that it will be aired in August 2011.

Click here for the link to info and a possible trailer that won't load for me
    It looks so americanised

Quote Originally Posted by Sophrioskyrgiakos View Post
    It looks so americanised
    I haven't been able to watch the trailer as it won't load

I haven't been able to watch the trailer as it won't load
    I didn't see it on that website, one of my friends had it on their ipod

hobnobs is offline May contain sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by hobnobs View Post
    That's brilliant!

I've just watched the whole TorchWood series over again and currently on Miracle Day Episode 1

Saw the ep where he was playing football the other night. You know the one where everyone goes up the stairs but never comes down.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeareroftruth View Post
    Saw the ep where he was playing football the other night. You know the one where everyone goes up the stairs but never comes down.
    Which Doctor is in that episode?(Don't say Doctor Who )

Can't remember that one :FP:

Which Doctor is in that episode?(Don't say Doctor Who )

Can't remember that one :FP:
    That was Matt Smith with James Corden guest starring if I remember correctly. A fairly forgettable episode, by all accounts.