Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Doctor Who

Quote Originally Posted by Firepickle View Post
    That was Matt Smith with James Corden guest starring if I remember correctly. A fairly forgettable episode, by all accounts.
    Thanks

I watched the whole series but don't remember that one at all. Can't wait to see new series though
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by GunnerWinTheLeague View Post
    Which Doctor is in that episode?(Don't say Doctor Who )

Can't remember that one :FP:
    Matt Smith. Episode is called the Lodger.

Liverpoolforme is online now First team regular
    So Doctor who fans, the finale is fast approaching any theories??

I reckon somehow the Doctor will fake his death.....Using an Avatar. I had thought he mite use the robot thing from lets kill Hitler but as was pointed out it is unlikely. Not to mention it could not regenerate.

Either way that is my theory and the Doctor will be in the space suit, River is a red hearing.

And I reckon those eye patches help remember the silence.

It's got to have something to do with the Doctor's double from the Almost People episode - they already swapped shoes to fool Amy in that one so we might not have been watching the right doctor. We were seeing the flesh Amy for a few episodes too.

The only other thing I can think of is because River is part Timelord she might be able to regenerate the doctor somehow. Major clutching at straws going on now

Gutted it's finishing, this series has been awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by DaisyCutter View Post
    It's got to have something to do with the Doctor's double from the Almost People episode - they already swapped shoes to fool Amy in that one so we might not have been watching the right doctor. We were seeing the flesh Amy for a few episodes too.

The only other thing I can think of is because River is part Timelord she might be able to regenerate the doctor somehow. Major clutching at straws going on now

The only thing that I don't get with this theory at the mo is there is no way the doctor would allow his flesh avatar sacrifice himself unless he has put the doctor in the suit himself to save him but I doubt that as well....

Gutted it is finishing as well Roll on christmas day

I think Matt Smith is a great Doctor but the scripts he has been given are total BS.He deserves better stories.

Unless like I said we haven't been watching the real doctor? It makes me head hurt thinking about it but didn't the flesh doubles have a different perception of time? I've noticed the doctor talking a lot recently about time and being very old, which none of them have done before as far as I can remember. I know he's meant to be 900 or summat and this is all a bit tenuous

Edit: what I was getting at is the flesh doctor might be more willing to sacrifice himself to save the real doctor.
    Last edited by DaisyCutter; 29-9-11 at 15:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Koppower View Post
    I think Matt Smith is a great Doctor but the scripts he has been given are total BS.He deserves better stories.
    Really, I think the scripts have been better than the RTD days.....some superb writing this season.
    Unless like I said we haven't been watching the real doctor? It makes me head hurt thinking about it but didn't the flesh doubles have a different perception of time? I've noticed the doctor talking a lot recently about time and being very old, which none of them have done before as far as I can remember. I know he's meant to be 900 or summat and this is all a bit tenuous

Edit: what I was getting at is the flesh doctor might be more willing to sacrifice himself to save the real doctor.
    The doctor from the beginning was like 1100 years old or something rite? Where as the doctor after his death was 200 years younger....

And we could well have been seeing the flesh avatar for a bit for example remember the doctor could not complete the rubix cube and does not like apples yet in god complex he ate an apple and completed a rubix cube.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jim-The-Fish View Post
    The only thing that I don't get with this theory at the mo is there is no way the doctor would allow his flesh avatar sacrifice himself unless he has put the doctor in the suit himself to save him but I doubt that as well....

Gutted it is finishing as well Roll on christmas day
    I'm with Daisy on the flesh idea, before the doctor was shot by the astronaut they appear to be having a longer conversation than what was being shown on the telly so he could have been discussing things with his doppelganger?

I'm still a David Tennant fan and Matt is still a bitter pill.

Right now I have no idea what direction the story is heading, as far as the flesh Dr I dont think they it means anything.

Just rewatched the weeping angels again, a serious horror flick can be made from those guys, they scare me for real.

Quote Originally Posted by shaggymoose View Post
    I'm with Daisy on the flesh idea, before the doctor was shot by the astronaut they appear to be having a longer conversation than what was being shown on the telly so he could have been discussing things with his doppelganger?
    Your probably right but how do they get around the Doctor dying considering he clearly died and was burnt.....lot's of questions to be answered and I can't wait

Your probably right but how do they get around the Doctor dying considering he clearly died and was burnt.....lot's of questions to be answered and I can't wait
    Right. I've been thinking about this, and the other thing about the last episode is the doctor brings Amy and Rory back after leaving them in Colchester

Soooooo, if he is the flesh he'll turn into a big wobbly pool of marshmallow when he no longer has his human form. What if Amy and Rory are there to get rid of the evidence?

Maybe I should just wait til Saturday

Right. I've been thinking about this, and the other thing about the last episode is the doctor brings Amy and Rory back after leaving them in Colchester

Soooooo, if he is the flesh he'll turn into a big wobbly pool of marshmallow when he no longer has his human form. What if Amy and Rory are there to get rid of the evidence?

Speculating an debating theories has been half the fun

Don't know what i'm gonna do when it's gone

Speculating an debating theories has been half the fun

Don't know what i'm gonna do when it's gone
    I can't remember now - why do Rory and Amy try and hide the date the doctor is going to die from him?

Amy and Rory gave the DR an old school lake funeral so he didnt turn to goo, wait come to think of it the chick murdered many versions of herself and they didn't turn to goo.

I can't remember now - why do Rory and Amy try and hide the date the doctor is going to die from him?
    They don't tell him about his death either not just the date, and they don't tell him probably because it's happened, they can't change it (or at least we are led to believe that). Plus it's probably risky move telling him....or something like that.

They cant tell him what happened because he doesn't like spoilers and other nonsense that makes sense in tv shows. He already knows when he will die though, April 4 2011 I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Zedbimmer View Post
    They cant tell him what happened because he doesn't like spoilers and other nonsense that makes sense in tv shows. He already knows when he will die though, April 4 2011 I think.
    Thursday April 21st 2011 - 2 days before we beat Birmingham 5-0

They don't tell him about his death either not just the date, and they don't tell him probably because it's happened, they can't change it (or at least we are led to believe that). Plus it's probably risky move telling him....or something like that.
    Ohhhhh...... Nah, still dont get it. Why doesn't he know? I'm clearly not getting the mechanics of time travel cos I'm struggling to understand this

I know he knows now, I just couldn't remember why they were hiding it from him. Ta though

Amy and Rory gave the DR an old school lake funeral so he didnt turn to goo, wait come to think of it the chick murdered many versions of herself and they didn't turn to goo.
    Who do you mean? The flesh doubles all turned back into gloop as far as I remember.

He knows now though! He found out when Amy accidentally told him cause she thought it was the double ganger....just before he pushed her against the wall.

Plus he got the exact details from the robot thing on let's kill Hitler.

The doctor we are seeing now is the one we saw die in the first episode. He invites his younger self to the diner to meet up with younger amy, rory and river.

Who do you mean? The flesh doubles all turned back into gloop as far as I remember.
    Same.....

He knows now though! He found out when Amy accidentally told him cause she thought it was the double ganger....just before he pushed her against the wall.

Plus he got the exact details from the robot thing on let's kill Hitler.

The doctor we are seeing now is the one we saw die in the first episode. He invites his younger self to the diner to meet up with younger amy, rory and river.
    I know he knows now. He doesn't exist in 2 places at once though, so he can't have invited his younger self. I need paracetamol.

Edit: why would he invite himself if he knows he's going to die. Aaaaarrrrgggghhh.
    Last edited by DaisyCutter; 29-9-11 at 17:08.

When the ganger got electrocuted by the dark haired lady, I'm not sure whether he turned to goo or not?

I think it was only the sonic screw driver that turns them to goo?

This whole series has been awful if you ask me. Absolutely can't stand the characters of Amy and Rory. Matt Smith is the dog's balls though.

I know he knows now. He doesn't exist in 2 places at once though, so he can't have invited his younger self. I need paracetamol.

Edit: why would he invite himself if he knows he's going to die. Aaaaarrrrgggghhh.
    When he leaves Craig in the last episode he invites his younger self to be at the diner to meet up with Amy and co. He then meets up with amy and Rory and river...dies. They then go to the diner only to bump into the already invited younger version of the doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by shaggymoose View Post
    When the ganger got electrocuted by the dark haired lady, I'm not sure whether he turned to goo or not?

I think it was only the sonic screw driver that turns them to goo?
    Actually your rite, he needed to learn more about the gangers inorder to break the signal and turn them into gunk.

Actually your rite, he needed to learn more about the gangers inorder to break the signal and turn them into gunk.
    And didn't he say to his ganger that he'll be seeing him again before he melted?

Quote Originally Posted by SirStiffler View Post
    This whole series has been awful if you ask me. Absolutely can't stand the characters of Amy and Rory. Matt Smith is the dog's balls though.
    I think it's been great and the Ponds are excellent.
    Last edited by shaggymoose; 29-9-11 at 17:20. Reason: fat fingers, small buttons.