Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 491

Thread: Doctor Who

  1. #121  
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,229
    Quote Originally Posted by shaggymoose View Post
    Sort of, after a bit of gongle research: -

    The Doctor Ganger: Well. My death arrives, I suppose.
    The Doctor: But this one we're not invited to.
    The Doctor Ganger: What?
    The Doctor: Nothing. Your molecular memory can survive this, you know. It may not be the end. {He tosses him his screwdriver.}
    The Doctor Ganger: Well if I turn up to nick all your biscuits then you'll know you were right, won't you.
    See, I dont always make stuff up! Nice gongle work moosage

    If it turns out we're wrong after all this though I predict my brain will turn to marshmallow gloop and run out my ears.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #122  
    Liverpoolforme is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    30,824
    Don't forget if we have been seeing the double ganger recently, then it may well be the one that died in lets kill Hitler.....River gave him her regeneration energy which is maybe why he can now regenerate.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #123  
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,218
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyCutter View Post
    See, I dont always make stuff up! Nice gongle work moosage

    If it turns out we're wrong after all this though I predict my brain will turn to marshmallow gloop and run out my ears.
    My brain is hurting at the thought of it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Firepickle View Post
    That would suggest (possibly) that the ganger, maybe with help from the screwdriver? could regenerate if killed/destroyed?

    On the other hand I'd love it to be something completely surprising (and I wouldn't put it past them) as long as it's not a total 'deus ex machina.'

    I liked the points about the rubiks cube and the apple. Mayhap all will be revealed!
    I wouldn't be surprised either, the daleks, cybermen, angels, and others all probably making an appearance and confusing the hell out of us.

    Are you making up words again?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jim-The-Fish View Post
    Don't forget if we have been seeing the double ganger recently, then it may well be the one that died in lets kill Hitler.....River gave him her regeneration energy which is maybe why he can now regenerate.
    Good point.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #124  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7,973
    Quote Originally Posted by shaggymoose View Post
    Are you making up words again?

    I'm really not!

    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/mayhap
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #125  
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,045
    Possible Spoiler:

    Click here
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #126  
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,229
    Quote Originally Posted by Firepickle View Post
    When I click this link it suggests you did actually make it up! Zero returns for the fictional word mayhap but a number of alternatives including mayhem. I like it though, as does my autocorrect it seems
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #127  
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,229
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnerWinTheLeague View Post
    Possible Spoiler:

    Click here
    I told you this gumbot! No one ever believes me
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #128  
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,045
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyCutter View Post
    I told you this gumbot! No one ever believes me
    Did you?

    I have an awful memory

    I'm really confused as to how they are going to do this episode. There was rumours that the Master may have been in this series, but I guess thats never gonna happen
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #129  
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,229
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnerWinTheLeague View Post
    Did you?

    I have an awful memory

    I'm really confused as to how they are going to do this episode. There was rumours that the Master may have been in this series, but I guess thats never gonna happen
    you're not wrong there - it was in this thread!!

    http://forums.liverpoolfc.tv/showpos...6&postcount=21

    Oooh, I hadn't heard that. Shame, I love John Simm. There's always the last episode
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #130  
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,045
    Tonights the night... The doctor dies
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #131  
    Liverpoolforme is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    30,824
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnerWinTheLeague View Post
    Tonights the night... The doctor dies
    And I have to watch it sunday
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #132  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,419
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnerWinTheLeague View Post
    Tonights the night... *The doctor* dies
    *Rory or River*
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #133  
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim-The-Fish View Post
    And I have to watch it sunday
    I wouldn't come in here then past seven today

    Quote Originally Posted by -LordLightningLucas- View Post
    *Rory or River*
    My guess is river

    P.s answer my round for scorer game
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #134  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,419
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnerWinTheLeague View Post
    I wouldn't come in here then past seven today



    My guess is river

    P.s answer my round for scorer game
    Wasnt River wanted for arrest or in Prison for "Killing the best man she ever knew"?

    I think it might actually be Rory

    P.S. Done cheers
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #135  
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    24,247
    Looking forward to tonights episode. They have built it up perfectly and i cant wait to see the outcome
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #136  
    Liverpoolforme is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    30,824
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnerWinTheLeague View Post
    I wouldn't come in here then past seven today



    My guess is river

    P.s answer my round for scorer game
    I do not intend to
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #137  
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,045
    Quote Originally Posted by -LordLightningLucas- View Post
    Wasnt River wanted for arrest or in Prison for "Killing the best man she ever knew"?

    I think it might actually be Rory

    P.S. Done cheers
    I may be very far off here... But as I said about the rumours of The Master returning, maybe River was/is working together with The Master to destroy the Doctor and then ends up killing the Master.

    However on the "Next Time" preview thing they would of put a picture of the master in it

    Quote Originally Posted by My-Names-Not-Shirley View Post
    Looking forward to tonights episode. They have built it up perfectly and i cant wait to see the outcome
    I think it's gonna be great, although I'm a little confused
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #138  
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    24,247
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnerWinTheLeague View Post
    I may be very far off here... But as I said about the rumours of The Master returning, maybe River was/is working together with The Master to destroy the Doctor and then ends up killing the Master.

    However on the "Next Time" preview thing they would of put a picture of the master in it



    I think it's gonna be great, although I'm a little confused
    We keep thinking about 'the day the doctor dies' comment, is it THE doctor or is it River who dies? We know she cant regenerate and we know she's a doctor.....
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #139  
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,045
    Not the best final episode I've ever seen. However seeing as it wasn't a 2 or parter like "The Master" and "The Daleks" episodes then it can forgiven by me

    I thought about the ending of how he switched when I saw the robot people. But then forgot again

    Would of liked to see what happens to River Song, Amy and Rory.

    The question is: Will they all remain with the Doctor in the new series?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #140  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,419
    Disappointed...I was expecting a bigger twist and a major change in the main cast.

    Probably the worst episode of the series imo (I think I missed 1 or possibly 2 though)
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #141  
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,045
    Quote Originally Posted by -LordLightningLucas- View Post
    Disappointed...I was expecting a bigger twist and a major change in the main cast.

    Probably the worst episode of the series imo (I think I missed 1 or possibly 2 though)
    I guess they cannot keep bringing the Daleks, Cybermen, Master back every single series but this one had no exciting moment at all in my opinion.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #142  
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,874
    It was a bit of an anti-climax in the long run I think.

    Maybe they built it up a little too much beforehand - we'll see how the next series goes anyway sure!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #143  
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    6,432
    Although most things were tied up quite simply, there are still questions I have.

    1. Why does the Doctor regenerate (before getting shot) if he's in the Teselecta version of him?

    2. Why was Melody as a young child in the astronaut suit in the first episode but Melody as River is in the astronaut suit in the last episode?

    3. Still have little info on 'The Silence' as a cult.

    4. Still no real explanation as to who caused the TARDIS to explode in the last series when this series was meant to be investigating why it exploded and who caused it to explode.
    -----------------------------
    Thought Matt Smith was on top form as per, cemented himself as one of the best Doctors in my opinion (4th best behind Tom, Chris and David) Bit of a meh episode as a finale in all fairness to cap off an average series with some good (TDW, TIA, TGWW, TGC) some average (CT, DOTM, TRF, TAP, LKH, NT) and some bad (AGMGTW, COTBS). Slightly better than last series. Favourite episode of the series was The Doctor's Wife. Least favourite was AGMGTW as it promised so much. I thought this would be like the time war, lots of battles, the Doctor fighting and showing why he's the most feared but all he did was order a load of old chums if you count Silurians and Sontarans as chums] to ambush Demon's Run whilst he told off Colonel Manton.
    The series climax was ruined by confirming that Matt Smith would be the Doctor for the 2011 Xmas special and Series 7 so therefore came as an anti-climax to an apparent fixed point in time.

    Next series should be interesting with everybody thinking the Doctor is dead. Promises to be a bit different than normal so could work out well or fail to live up to expectations.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #144  
    Liverpoolforme is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    30,824
    I would like to just take a bow for predicting the robot from let's kill hitler


    Great episode, thoroughly enjoyed it
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #145  
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,345
    Amy Pond looks hotter than normal with a gun........ something wrong there isn't they?

    Is she the hottest assistant ever? I think she'd get my vote.

    I liked the final episode but not as much as I liked previous ones.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #146  
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,045
    Quote Originally Posted by willdenred View Post
    Amy Pond looks hotter than normal with a gun........ something wrong there isn't they?

    Is she the hottest assistant ever? I think she'd get my vote.

    I liked the final episode but not as much as I liked previous ones.
    It's gotta be this assistant for me
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #147  
    Liverpoolforme is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    30,824
    Quote Originally Posted by willdenred View Post
    Amy Pond looks hotter than normal with a gun........ something wrong there isn't they?

    Is she the hottest assistant ever? I think she'd get my vote.

    I liked the final episode but not as much as I liked previous ones.
    It's a strange one, the season as a whole was the better one but the finale last year was the better one (Pandorica opens/ Big bang 2)....It may be cause of all the crazy theories out there that built my expectations up but I still loved it and it tied most of the things up nicely although we are yet to know who exploded the TARDIS and to be honest I don't really get the question and why it meant the doctor would die....
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #148  
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,345
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim-The-Fish View Post
    It's a strange one, the season as a whole was the better one but the finale last year was the better one (Pandorica opens/ Big bang 2)....It may be cause of all the crazy theories out there that built my expectations up but I still loved it and it tied most of the things up nicely although we are yet to know who exploded the TARDIS and to be honest I don't really get the question and why it meant the doctor would die....
    I know what you mean, its not like its a film either where the whole story is rushed over the space of a couple of hours, there was plenty of time to explain it. But I suppose there always has to be a bit of mystery in Doctor Who. That might be used in the next season, though all these story arc's run the risk of getting very messy.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #149  
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    7,350
    Sorry Matt is a great doctor but the scripts are total BS! He deserves better
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #150  
    Liverpoolforme is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    30,824
    My mistake, this is what happens when you watch the show with people who have already watched it

    I couldn't concentrate but I understand now the question is yet to be asked of him, it will when he goes to that battle where the full of the 11th happens (possibly the departure of matt ) and the quesiton must never be answered hence why the silence wanted him dead.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •